Switch Theme:

Forgeworld 2019 News & Rumours-Gorgon and DKK return pg 161  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Buttons Should Be Brass, Not Gold!





 Azreal13 wrote:
That's the point, they almost certainly don't, otherwise they'd be all over it. It's just a bunch of squeaky wheels complaining that they can't have the thing they'd have never bought anyway.


Speaking of wheels, I'm a bit annoyed when I have to clean the tracks on those Sicarans. Imagine having to do 3 of them for a Deathwatch army. Granted, I should have at least tried to repurpose the Alpha Legion ones I had, but they were already painted and had Iconography on them- so I had to buy new ones.

Squeak Squeak Squeak.

Oh, and before you say "Recaster!", I'll remind you that damned near everyone I've met that played 30k scoffed at me for NOT using recast.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/12/01 03:23:35


"I am capable of acknowledging the cunning of the Xenos. I was amused to discover that an Aeldari weapon classification directly translates to 'Mandiblasters'. That is quite clever, that translation." -Acanthophis Serne, "Death Adders" Chapter, seconded to Deathwatch Fortress 'Dacia'. 
   
Made in gb
Androgynous Daemon Prince of Slaanesh





Devon, UK

Preaching to the choir, but I don't recall anything squeaking on my Sicaran.

We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't. - Frank Howard Clark

The wise man doubts often, and changes his mind; the fool is obstinate, and doubts not; he knows all things but his own ignorance.

The correct statement of individual rights is that everyone has the right to an opinion, but crucially, that opinion can be roundly ignored and even made fun of, particularly if it is demonstrably nonsense!” Professor Brian Cox

Ask me about
Barnstaple Slayers Club 
   
Made in us
Buttons Should Be Brass, Not Gold!





 Azreal13 wrote:
Preaching to the choir, but I don't recall anything squeaking on my Sicaran.


I will say, the only reason I bought it was because it looks cool.

Of course, back in 7th the standard Sicaran was a nightmare for Drukhari players.

"I am capable of acknowledging the cunning of the Xenos. I was amused to discover that an Aeldari weapon classification directly translates to 'Mandiblasters'. That is quite clever, that translation." -Acanthophis Serne, "Death Adders" Chapter, seconded to Deathwatch Fortress 'Dacia'. 
   
Made in us
Leader of the Sept






 Adeptus Doritos wrote:
 Azreal13 wrote:
That's the point, they almost certainly don't, otherwise they'd be all over it. It's just a bunch of squeaky wheels complaining that they can't have the thing they'd have never bought anyway.


Exactly, i bought a Fire rapter cause i wanted it for my White Scars and have a reasonable way to play it in 8th
I cant say the same for HH where the community is like 3 people here and they are, well, THAT GUY

5000pts 6000pts 3000pts
 
   
Made in gb
Wight Lord with the Sword of Kings






UK

 Azreal13 wrote:
 Adeptus Doritos wrote:
 Azreal13 wrote:
I don't get why that a model for what is now fundamentally a different game that uses a different ruleset should be expected to have rules by 40K players?


So they can sell more than 20 of them.



That's the point, they almost certainly don't, otherwise they'd be all over it. It's just a bunch of squeaky wheels complaining that they can't have the thing they'd have never bought anyway.


Looks at my "30k" only Ad Mech army and shrugs knowing he is wrong.

I AM A MARINE PLAYER

"Unimaginably ancient xenos artefact somewhere on the planet, hive fleet poised above our heads, hidden 'stealer broods making an early start....and now a bloody Chaos cult crawling out of the woodwork just in case we were bored. Welcome to my world, Ciaphas."
Inquisitor Amberley Vail, Ordo Xenos

"I will admit that some Primachs like Russ or Horus could have a chance against an unarmed 12 year old novice but, a full Battle Sister??!! One to one? In close combat? Perhaps three Primarchs fighting together... but just one Primarch?" da001

www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/528517.page

A Bloody Road - my Warhammer Fantasy Fiction 
   
Made in lt
Longtime Dakkanaut






IIRC, FW are no longer responsible for 40k rule adaptations and all is up to main GW studio? No?

   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut





 hotsauceman1 wrote:
 Adeptus Doritos wrote:
 Azreal13 wrote:
That's the point, they almost certainly don't, otherwise they'd be all over it. It's just a bunch of squeaky wheels complaining that they can't have the thing they'd have never bought anyway.


Exactly, i bought a Fire rapter cause i wanted it for my White Scars and have a reasonable way to play it in 8th
I cant say the same for HH where the community is like 3 people here and they are, well, THAT GUY



As a primarily 30k player, I really don’t mind what anyone uses.
Usually I expect to see multi system rules for most things though as it boosts sales dramatically.
If something sells well, they will churn out more for it.
I honestly think that without cross game use, HH would be severely limited due to much lower sales.

Also, did you enjoy assembling the raptor or did you get one that wasn’t warped more than the 40k universe it’s self? Lol.
Both of mine were a nightmare to assemble and I stupidly built one for a friend too.
Hands down the most irritating model to assemble (looks amazing when done though)


Also, in regards to those saying HH units should all move over to 40k, GW still seems to hold some fluff in regard here.
Not all units in 30k are still used and many were disbanded and no longer used even.
Some are still around but are never used in battle as they are simply guardians now.

I understand people also don’t want the 2 games to become one as it kind of makes it obsolete, but I really do think that will never happen.
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut







 CragHack wrote:
IIRC, FW are no longer responsible for 40k rule adaptations and all is up to main GW studio? No?


That's what's been said repeatedly, yes.

Yet FW still apparently get the blame for this sort of thing...

2019 Plog - Dysartes Twitches - 2019 Output

My Twitch stream - going live at 7pm GMT Tuesday & Thursday, 12pm Sunday (work permitting).

Gamgee on Tau Players wrote:we all kill cats and sell our own families to the devil and eat live puppies.
 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut




 Dysartes wrote:
 CragHack wrote:
IIRC, FW are no longer responsible for 40k rule adaptations and all is up to main GW studio? No?


That's what's been said repeatedly, yes.

Yet FW still apparently get the blame for this sort of thing...

Something something email their rules team something something even though they probably won't respond

CaptainStabby wrote:
If Tyberos falls and needs to catch himself it's because the ground needed killing.

 jy2 wrote:
BTW, I can't wait to run Double-D-thirsters! Man, just thinking about it gets me Khorney.

 vipoid wrote:
Indeed - what sort of bastard would want to use their codex?

 MarsNZ wrote:
ITT: SoB players upset that they're receiving the same condescending treatment that they've doled out in every CSM thread ever.
 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut







Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
 Dysartes wrote:
 CragHack wrote:
IIRC, FW are no longer responsible for 40k rule adaptations and all is up to main GW studio? No?


That's what's been said repeatedly, yes.

Yet FW still apparently get the blame for this sort of thing...

Something something email their rules team something something even though they probably won't respond

Sounds like a plan - if you could throw in a question about the monopose Canoness' gear at the same time, I'd appreciate it

2019 Plog - Dysartes Twitches - 2019 Output

My Twitch stream - going live at 7pm GMT Tuesday & Thursday, 12pm Sunday (work permitting).

Gamgee on Tau Players wrote:we all kill cats and sell our own families to the devil and eat live puppies.
 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut




 Dysartes wrote:
Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
 Dysartes wrote:
 CragHack wrote:
IIRC, FW are no longer responsible for 40k rule adaptations and all is up to main GW studio? No?


That's what's been said repeatedly, yes.

Yet FW still apparently get the blame for this sort of thing...

Something something email their rules team something something even though they probably won't respond

Sounds like a plan - if you could throw in a question about the monopose Canoness' gear at the same time, I'd appreciate it

You know how many emails I've sent them? I'm done with them not listening, simply because I'm just one person. Y'all need to realize it's a group effort.

CaptainStabby wrote:
If Tyberos falls and needs to catch himself it's because the ground needed killing.

 jy2 wrote:
BTW, I can't wait to run Double-D-thirsters! Man, just thinking about it gets me Khorney.

 vipoid wrote:
Indeed - what sort of bastard would want to use their codex?

 MarsNZ wrote:
ITT: SoB players upset that they're receiving the same condescending treatment that they've doled out in every CSM thread ever.
 
   
Made in gb
Quick-fingered Warlord Moderatus




United Kingdom

WarCom - Coming Soon: Chaos Cults, Ogre Teams, War in Rohan™ and more!
WarCom wrote:You’ll also be able to pre-order a resin Ogre Booster kit from Forge World, with two additional Ogre players and an extra Gnoblar!

Spoiler:


Is that the first time FW releases have been mentioned in regular Sunday Coming Soon article?
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut







Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
 Dysartes wrote:
Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
 Dysartes wrote:
 CragHack wrote:
IIRC, FW are no longer responsible for 40k rule adaptations and all is up to main GW studio? No?


That's what's been said repeatedly, yes.

Yet FW still apparently get the blame for this sort of thing...

Something something email their rules team something something even though they probably won't respond

Sounds like a plan - if you could throw in a question about the monopose Canoness' gear at the same time, I'd appreciate it

You know how many emails I've sent them? I'm done with them not listening, simply because I'm just one person. Y'all need to realize it's a group effort.

I have every intention of emailing them about the Canoness.

2019 Plog - Dysartes Twitches - 2019 Output

My Twitch stream - going live at 7pm GMT Tuesday & Thursday, 12pm Sunday (work permitting).

Gamgee on Tau Players wrote:we all kill cats and sell our own families to the devil and eat live puppies.
 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut






beast_gts wrote:
WarCom - Coming Soon: Chaos Cults, Ogre Teams, War in Rohan™ and more!
WarCom wrote:You’ll also be able to pre-order a resin Ogre Booster kit from Forge World, with two additional Ogre players and an extra Gnoblar!

Spoiler:


Is that the first time FW releases have been mentioned in regular Sunday Coming Soon article?


Oh my... what... Uh. Now that's classic gw! I hope they don't end up bearding them in a few months like the last one.
   
Made in us
Leader of the Sept






Jackal90 wrote:


Also, did you enjoy assembling the raptor or did you get one that wasn’t warped more than the 40k universe it’s self? Lol.
Both of mine were a nightmare to assemble and I stupidly built one for a friend too.
Hands down the most irritating model to assemble (looks amazing when done though)


I have only cleaned mine at this point, im waiting to finish my buddies tigershark(OOP one too i lost the piece to an im recasting it) so i have place to put it.
I do hear they are a "Blast" to hear

5000pts 6000pts 3000pts
 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
[***]







 hotsauceman1 wrote:

I do hear they are a "Blast" to hear


...eh, what?

I’m thinking you mean they’re a blast to...build?

Sarcastically, of course.

But, not sure...
   
Made in nl
Stone Bonkers Fabricator General




We'll find out soon enough eh.

 hotsauceman1 wrote:
Yeah there is literally no reason to do this other than pettiness.


Or, you know, to differentiate the two settings. Which are different.

30K is more than just a source of stuff for you to use in 40K. 40K gets its own factions and models. AoS gets its own factions and models. Nobody bats an eye, but as soon as the 40K players can't have everything, ever, at all times and in all ways, the toys go out the pram.

I need to acquire plastic Skavenslaves, can you help?
I have a blog now, evidently. Featuring the Alternative Mordheim Model Megalist.

"Your society's broken, so who should we blame? Should we blame the rich, powerful people who caused it? No, lets blame the people with no power and no money and those immigrants who don't even have the vote. Yea, it must be their fething fault." - Iain M Banks
-----
"The language of modern British politics is meant to sound benign. But words do not mean what they seem to mean. 'Reform' actually means 'cut' or 'end'. 'Flexibility' really means 'exploit'. 'Prudence' really means 'don't invest'. And 'efficient'? That means whatever you want it to mean, usually 'cut'. All really mean 'keep wages low for the masses, taxes low for the rich, profits high for the corporations, and accept the decline in public services and amenities this will cause'." - Robin McAlpine from Common Weal 
   
Made in us
Leader of the Sept






 Yodhrin wrote:
 hotsauceman1 wrote:
Yeah there is literally no reason to do this other than pettiness.


Or, you know, to differentiate the two settings. Which are different.

30K is more than just a source of stuff for you to use in 40K. 40K gets its own factions and models. AoS gets its own factions and models. Nobody bats an eye, but as soon as the 40K players can't have everything, ever, at all times and in all ways, the toys go out the pram.

Maybe because we wanna play with these cool models in a game that is actually played.

5000pts 6000pts 3000pts
 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut







As an aside, what is the FAQ email address these days?

2019 Plog - Dysartes Twitches - 2019 Output

My Twitch stream - going live at 7pm GMT Tuesday & Thursday, 12pm Sunday (work permitting).

Gamgee on Tau Players wrote:we all kill cats and sell our own families to the devil and eat live puppies.
 
   
Made in gb
Stealthy Warhound Titan Princeps





UK

Spotted on B&C by Mon0lith:

Originally posted by Penddraig, then forwarded first by the Age of Darkness Podcast on their Facebook page and then by Berne here on B&C.


Penddraig:

“I won’t list everything as Warhammer Community have a great write- up about the 40k releases and upcoming products. However, I did have a great chat with the Forge World team about future plans and current developments for Age of Darkness.
As usual I’ll break these down into smaller sections.”

Book 9
This is based around the Thramas Crusade - nothing new there.
Up-to-date news: Book 9 is going to the reprographics department this week and then onto the printers. This means a release is most likely in the second or third quarter after printing, shipping and world wide distribution.

The Sabre kit
This was designed by the same guy that designed the plastic titans. It is his first resin kit and was created during his lunchtimes as practice on how to sculpt resin. The FW team have been really pleased to see the community response to the unexpected release of the kit and it’s rules.

Book 10
Book 10 is currently deep into production. Due to size restraints, the Dark Mechanicum army list that was originally planned for Book 9 is now going to be in Book 10. Alongside this will be rules for additional allies for both the loyalists and traitors - this will be along the lines of the Agents of the Emperor / Warmaster concepts from a few years ago. No further details as yet.

Current developments
The GW offices at Warhammer World are currently having a massive extension added. As well as new production facilities and warehouse space there is also more room for the various design studios. The plan is once this is constructed, each of the design studios (main GW, Specialist Games, Age of Darkness and Old World) will have more space for the various teams.
This also means that each team will be expanding considerably over the next two years. This will include new rules writers (2 more for Age of Darkness for example) and miniature designers. As part of the re-structuring, Andy Hoare (ex-Heresy rules writer and head of Specialist Games) is now manager of the Specialist Games Studio and the Age of Darkness studio. This role is extremely new so Andy has lots of ideas but nothing has been put into action yet. From personal experience, Andy is a great bloke who has a lot of experience within the hobby; a clear vision of where the company and the game systems can go and also communicates clearly about what is happening (within the usual limits of GW policy).

Future hopes and plans
After a long chat with the Forge World team it’s clear that the new re-structuring is still in early days and we aren’t likely to see much change as customers for the foreseeable future.
However, the team is aware of the main community concerns and hopes. The two key ones they mentioned are:
* A cheap introduction for new players into the 30k games set
* More plastic kits
Neither of these are confirmed as in production or development but the fact that the team are having conversations about these is positive. The team also discussed that by expanding the number of writers, it would be hoped that they could release more than one Heresy-related book a year. Once again, this is future developments so only Book 10 is in current development due to the current size of the team.

One final point that we discussed in a jokey manner was the ‘Heresy is dead’ mindset. It was mentioned that currently Heresy is still producing very healthy sales figures alongside other Specialist Games and the successes of all the games is allowing the company to invest heavily into new facilities and staff. One member of the team stated that there are so many long-plans for the Heresy that they expect that within two years, “everyone will be playing Heresy”.
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut





 hotsauceman1 wrote:
Jackal90 wrote:


Also, did you enjoy assembling the raptor or did you get one that wasn’t warped more than the 40k universe it’s self? Lol.
Both of mine were a nightmare to assemble and I stupidly built one for a friend too.
Hands down the most irritating model to assemble (looks amazing when done though)


I have only cleaned mine at this point, im waiting to finish my buddies tigershark(OOP one too i lost the piece to an im recasting it) so i have place to put it.
I do hear they are a "Blast" to hear



Oh they are great fun lol.
I’d rather try and assemble an old metal thunder hawk without pins.
I’m 3/3 so far with them being massively warped.
The best advice I can give is to dry fit the hull together.
I ended up using bands to hold the main body together then submerged it in hot water to pull it into shape.
It’s an amazing looking kit but really is a nightmare to build.
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





 zedmeister wrote:
Spotted on B&C by Mon0lith:

Spoiler:
Originally posted by Penddraig, then forwarded first by the Age of Darkness Podcast on their Facebook page and then by Berne here on B&C.


Penddraig:

“I won’t list everything as Warhammer Community have a great write- up about the 40k releases and upcoming products. However, I did have a great chat with the Forge World team about future plans and current developments for Age of Darkness.
As usual I’ll break these down into smaller sections.”

Book 9
This is based around the Thramas Crusade - nothing new there.
Up-to-date news: Book 9 is going to the reprographics department this week and then onto the printers. This means a release is most likely in the second or third quarter after printing, shipping and world wide distribution.

The Sabre kit
This was designed by the same guy that designed the plastic titans. It is his first resin kit and was created during his lunchtimes as practice on how to sculpt resin. The FW team have been really pleased to see the community response to the unexpected release of the kit and it’s rules.

Book 10
Book 10 is currently deep into production. Due to size restraints, the Dark Mechanicum army list that was originally planned for Book 9 is now going to be in Book 10. Alongside this will be rules for additional allies for both the loyalists and traitors - this will be along the lines of the Agents of the Emperor / Warmaster concepts from a few years ago. No further details as yet.

Current developments
The GW offices at Warhammer World are currently having a massive extension added. As well as new production facilities and warehouse space there is also more room for the various design studios. The plan is once this is constructed, each of the design studios (main GW, Specialist Games, Age of Darkness and Old World) will have more space for the various teams.
This also means that each team will be expanding considerably over the next two years. This will include new rules writers (2 more for Age of Darkness for example) and miniature designers. As part of the re-structuring, Andy Hoare (ex-Heresy rules writer and head of Specialist Games) is now manager of the Specialist Games Studio and the Age of Darkness studio. This role is extremely new so Andy has lots of ideas but nothing has been put into action yet. From personal experience, Andy is a great bloke who has a lot of experience within the hobby; a clear vision of where the company and the game systems can go and also communicates clearly about what is happening (within the usual limits of GW policy).

Future hopes and plans
After a long chat with the Forge World team it’s clear that the new re-structuring is still in early days and we aren’t likely to see much change as customers for the foreseeable future.
However, the team is aware of the main community concerns and hopes. The two key ones they mentioned are:
* A cheap introduction for new players into the 30k games set
* More plastic kits
Neither of these are confirmed as in production or development but the fact that the team are having conversations about these is positive. The team also discussed that by expanding the number of writers, it would be hoped that they could release more than one Heresy-related book a year. Once again, this is future developments so only Book 10 is in current development due to the current size of the team.

One final point that we discussed in a jokey manner was the ‘Heresy is dead’ mindset. It was mentioned that currently Heresy is still producing very healthy sales figures alongside other Specialist Games and the successes of all the games is allowing the company to invest heavily into new facilities and staff. One member of the team stated that there are so many long-plans for the Heresy that they expect that within two years, “everyone will be playing Heresy”.


Sounds like good news overall. Hopefully the HH is getting back on track after the last few years of tragedy and disruption. If the game gets even half the support of stuff like Necromunda, Kill Team and Warcry I would be very happy.
   
Made in fi
Decrepit Dakkanaut





 hotsauceman1 wrote:
 Yodhrin wrote:
 hotsauceman1 wrote:
Yeah there is literally no reason to do this other than pettiness.


Or, you know, to differentiate the two settings. Which are different.

30K is more than just a source of stuff for you to use in 40K. 40K gets its own factions and models. AoS gets its own factions and models. Nobody bats an eye, but as soon as the 40K players can't have everything, ever, at all times and in all ways, the toys go out the pram.

Maybe because we wanna play with these cool models in a game that is actually played.


Good. So you can play them in 30k It's played and it's superior rule set. Win-win!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/12/02 08:37:15


https://middleagedstrategybattlegamers.home.blog/2019/11/29/tneva82-daemon-of-an-ancient-world/<- lotr painting blog

12 factions for Lord of The Rings
11772 pts(along with lots of unpainted unsorted stuff)
5265 pts
5150 pts
~3200 pts Knights

 
   
Made in gb
Stealthy Warhound Titan Princeps





UK

tneva82 wrote:
 hotsauceman1 wrote:
 Yodhrin wrote:
 hotsauceman1 wrote:
Yeah there is literally no reason to do this other than pettiness.


Or, you know, to differentiate the two settings. Which are different.

30K is more than just a source of stuff for you to use in 40K. 40K gets its own factions and models. AoS gets its own factions and models. Nobody bats an eye, but as soon as the 40K players can't have everything, ever, at all times and in all ways, the toys go out the pram.

Maybe because we wanna play with these cool models in a game that is actually played.


Good. So you can play them in 30k It's played and it's superior rule set. Win-win!


Also, considering the fact that all the weapons are currently out of stock on UK Forgeworld along with comments above on heresy having healthy sales figures, I'd say he's missing out on a popular system

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/12/02 10:03:31


 
   
Made in ch
Revered Rogue Psyker





HH is fun.
Until phosphex shows up.

Otoh, it's phosphex

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/766717.page

A Mostly Renegades and Heretics blog.
_______________________________

Who would win:
10'000 + years of veterancy, or some raidy Boys?
Trick Question, of course it's the loyalists!

(Not Online in regards to the new Red Corsair battalion CP boost and 8th edition.) 
   
Made in gb
Possessed Khorne Marine Covered in Spikes




tneva82 wrote:
 hotsauceman1 wrote:
 Yodhrin wrote:
 hotsauceman1 wrote:
Yeah there is literally no reason to do this other than pettiness.


Or, you know, to differentiate the two settings. Which are different.

30K is more than just a source of stuff for you to use in 40K. 40K gets its own factions and models. AoS gets its own factions and models. Nobody bats an eye, but as soon as the 40K players can't have everything, ever, at all times and in all ways, the toys go out the pram.

Maybe because we wanna play with these cool models in a game that is actually played.


Good. So you can play them in 30k It's played and it's superior rule set. Win-win!


Nothing against HH having their own stuff, but it is very obvious that make rules sets for 2 system you massively open your customer base. I don't have any interest in 30k but the new daemon fellas would be awesome for me in 40k, but at that price point they're not worth it as proxies for something without their own unique profiles.

You only have to look at the number of debates sparked by Leviathan Dreads in 40k to realise if a 30k unit is competitive in 40k they'll sell lots.
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut





Not Online!!! wrote:
HH is fun.
Until phosphex shows up.

Otoh, it's phosphex


It’s less damaging now quad mortar phosphex isn’t lower AP any more lol.
Tired of running into triple quad mortar batteries at tournaments lol.
It’s was basically a game of select a unit for each mortar unit and remove it from the board instantly.
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut




Dudeface wrote:
tneva82 wrote:
 hotsauceman1 wrote:
 Yodhrin wrote:
 hotsauceman1 wrote:
Yeah there is literally no reason to do this other than pettiness.


Or, you know, to differentiate the two settings. Which are different.

30K is more than just a source of stuff for you to use in 40K. 40K gets its own factions and models. AoS gets its own factions and models. Nobody bats an eye, but as soon as the 40K players can't have everything, ever, at all times and in all ways, the toys go out the pram.

Maybe because we wanna play with these cool models in a game that is actually played.


Good. So you can play them in 30k It's played and it's superior rule set. Win-win!


Nothing against HH having their own stuff, but it is very obvious that make rules sets for 2 system you massively open your customer base. I don't have any interest in 30k but the new daemon fellas would be awesome for me in 40k, but at that price point they're not worth it as proxies for something without their own unique profiles.

You only have to look at the number of debates sparked by Leviathan Dreads in 40k to realise if a 30k unit is competitive in 40k they'll sell lots.



Out of curiosity, do you guys actually know that that unit can be represented by any model with a specific base size? Or that that holds true for the entire army list? Or that having it in 40k would be redundant to the existing 40k daemon list because it's literally designed so that you can use 40k daemon models in it, as well as Sigmar models and third party models?
   
Made in fi
Chaplain with Hate to Spare






I really wish there were more 'medium' daemons so Ruinstorm ones would have been welcome. It has always has bugged me that (aside characters) daemons are either human-sized one wound wimps, or massive giant monstrosities that eat tanks. An unit (or several) of ogre-sized daemons is something that should exist in 40K and AoS as well.

Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane. 
   
Made in lt
Longtime Dakkanaut






I read the news this morning and had a chuckle. It's always the same from them: "Yeah, we know, it would be cool, but nothing is in production". Which p/m means "you will sooner forget about what we said, than see us do it"

   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: