Switch Theme:

Adeptus Titanicus ongoing news and rumours - Doom of Molech expansion and GME return  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Just the Bare Metal




The Wild North

I could see flyers making their way into AT. a cross between Wings of Glory / Xwing movement rules would be great for bombers and fighters weaving through the scenery. one false move and its crash into a building.

I'd also like to see marine legion aircraft like transport stormbirds attacking with meta boarding actions etc. where a stormbird has to stay stationary for a turn (land) within X inch of titan to instigate a boarding attack.

there's lots of great stuff that could be done without having to go to Xenos factions or moving outside of the HH era.
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut




The article series has started...

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/01/08/8th-jan-wisdom-of-the-grand-master-part-1gw-homepage-post-2fw-homepage-post-1/

Casual gamer, casual fun! 
   
Made in us
Novice Knight Errant Pilot




Oakland, CA

Nice!
   
Made in vn
Dakka Veteran




Somebody at GW should tell the guy from the office who painted the Warhound and Reaver to get the Citadel™ Drill and put some work on those scrollwork

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/01/09 07:55:06


 
   
Made in nl
[MOD]
Indomitable Hell Rider of Glorious Renown






102nd Expeditionary Fleet

Up for pre-order next week: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/01/13/next-weeks-pre-orders-underworlds-titans-and-middle-earth/



Titandeath is the first-ever expansion for Adeptus Titanicus: The Horus Heresy, and delves into the largest engine war of the Heresy. It includes rules, traits and more for no fewer than eight different Titan Legions, as well as an in-depth campaign system, new maniples, six narrative missions and rules for fighting in hostile environments such as airless moons.




Joining Titandeath is a new variant of the Reaver Titan, boasting alternative weapons – a melta cannon, volcano cannon, chainfist and carapace-mounted turbo laser destructor, perfect for building a Reaver that’s a dedicated Titan hunter capable of taking down even a mighty Warlord. There are also new heads to add variety to your God-Machines.





And speaking of weapons, the Warlord Titan Plasma Annihilator Frame will allow you to customise your existing Warlords with plasma annihilators, laser blasters and the vicious Arioch Titan power claw. You asked to be able to buy this sprue separately – and now you can! All the weapons are designed to be magnetised, making it easy switch them out across your games.





Finally, three new transfer sheets add loads of new iconography for your Titans. Each sheet focuses on a different Titan Legion – Vulpa, Krytos & Solaria – plus their associated Knight House. These make adding detail to your Titans and Knights simple and give you all sorts of cool new imagery options for all your war engines.

Of Knights & Nobles - a P&M blog about Knights, nobles and some things in between

Be ash and cinder forevermore!

V - 11 | T - 3 | 敗 - 40

DakkaDakka | Where you thank the mods for baning you! 
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut




Oh Joy! Oh Rapture! Beats the hell out of Body wash!

Casual gamer, casual fun! 
   
Made in fi
Decrepit Dakkanaut





Groovy. Better than had hoped. I has assumed both sprues would come later together. Finally more options to play wys#wyg

“Nothing has a definite nature, so people cannot be purely evil. Even so-called evil people will aspire to follow a moral path when they feel a sense of community.” – Kukai

11772 pts(along with lots of unpainted unsorted stuff)
5150 pts
~3200 pts Knights
 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





Nice Earlier then I was expecting as well.
   
Made in us
Unhealthy Competition With Other Legions






Chicago

Next week is going to be costly. The book, Reaver to fill out my Maniple and at least one sprue, maybe two.
   
Made in fi
Decrepit Dakkanaut





At least i avoid the reaver. Can't buy those boxes like haven't been able to buy warlord. Have to wait for sprue for later.

“Nothing has a definite nature, so people cannot be purely evil. Even so-called evil people will aspire to follow a moral path when they feel a sense of community.” – Kukai

11772 pts(along with lots of unpainted unsorted stuff)
5150 pts
~3200 pts Knights
 
   
Made in ca
Horrific Howling Banshee




Montreal, Canada


I wonder how much for the warlord weapon sprue on it's own?

I need at least 2. Plus the book, plus a 3rd reaver.

We usually get confirmation for prices on tuesdays I think, expensive week but this game is totally worth it.

Ruler of the small. Tallest midget of them all! 
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut




 midget_overlord wrote:

I wonder how much for the warlord weapon sprue on it's own?



Probably about...£25?

Casual gamer, casual fun! 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut




Somehow titandeath doesn’t sound very exciting to me. It mostly sounds like content that should have been in the core book in the first place.

I’ll get a copy, but I guess this is kinda symptomatic of a single-faction game.
   
Made in fi
Decrepit Dakkanaut





changemod wrote:
Somehow titandeath doesn’t sound very exciting to me. It mostly sounds like content that should have been in the core book in the first place.

I’ll get a copy, but I guess this is kinda symptomatic of a single-faction game.


Gw wouldn't release supplement people say game is dead. Gw puts out and people say it should have been in rulebook. Can't win.

Also multifaction would make it worse. Just look at 40k where you have to buy codex and 1+ supplement of which you can't use everything. Orks just got codex and now have to pay 40e for supplement that has only little ork specific stuff. Rest useless if you don't play other armies. And moie supplements coming later.

At least regardless of your faction you can use most of titandeath rules. Better than 40k

“Nothing has a definite nature, so people cannot be purely evil. Even so-called evil people will aspire to follow a moral path when they feel a sense of community.” – Kukai

11772 pts(along with lots of unpainted unsorted stuff)
5150 pts
~3200 pts Knights
 
   
Made in gb
Council of 13 Runner Up






Book and a Reaver for me I think,

And depending on price, the weapon sprue as well. May have to wait until the week after.

Fed up for Scalpers? Why not join us? 
   
Made in gb
Rampaging Carnifex






SamusDrake wrote:
 midget_overlord wrote:

I wonder how much for the warlord weapon sprue on it's own?



Probably about...£25?


As they'll be direct only and have no discount, at that price I may as well pick up a full Warlord with that sprue for £49 and effectively pay £24 for an extra titan.

Hopefully it's a more reasonable ~£20
   
Made in fi
Decrepit Dakkanaut





 xttz wrote:
SamusDrake wrote:
 midget_overlord wrote:

I wonder how much for the warlord weapon sprue on it's own?



Probably about...£25?


As they'll be direct only and have no discount, at that price I may as well pick up a full Warlord with that sprue for £49 and effectively pay £24 for an extra titan.

Hopefully it's a more reasonable ~£20


Thing is that way your titan won\t have all the weapons. Only 1 sprue of them. That's what keeps me from buying sunfury warlord and the new reaver. I want all weapons. Buying full kits means I have bunch of weaponless titans running around then.

“Nothing has a definite nature, so people cannot be purely evil. Even so-called evil people will aspire to follow a moral path when they feel a sense of community.” – Kukai

11772 pts(along with lots of unpainted unsorted stuff)
5150 pts
~3200 pts Knights
 
   
Made in gb
Rampaging Carnifex






tneva82 wrote:


Thing is that way your titan won\t have all the weapons. Only 1 sprue of them. That's what keeps me from buying sunfury warlord and the new reaver. I want all weapons. Buying full kits means I have bunch of weaponless titans running around then.


I'll be getting other weapons later on when they release the resin ones. Failing that a wrecked titan body could make a couple of really good objective markers...
   
Made in fi
Decrepit Dakkanaut





 xttz wrote:
tneva82 wrote:


Thing is that way your titan won\t have all the weapons. Only 1 sprue of them. That's what keeps me from buying sunfury warlord and the new reaver. I want all weapons. Buying full kits means I have bunch of weaponless titans running around then.


I'll be getting other weapons later on when they release the resin ones. Failing that a wrecked titan body could make a couple of really good objective markers...


That will still leave you some very useful weapons off. In particular apoc missile launcher from both is very good weapon. As is laser blaster from standard reaver. Laser blaster for warlord is in particularly niche weapon so I would hate to have only that for carapace. It's shorter ranged, inferior vs apoc launchers even when you don't get -1 to hit AND push your reactor for shieldbane. And it has very narrow range band where you are most effective(more than 10", max 16". LEss than 10" and you can only shoot vs other warlords) and is more expensive. Pays quite a lot for better performance vs unshielded(and it's not like apoc is useless there either).

And if you think plastic sprue is too expensive how you expect resin be any cheaper?-)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/01/13 20:11:58


“Nothing has a definite nature, so people cannot be purely evil. Even so-called evil people will aspire to follow a moral path when they feel a sense of community.” – Kukai

11772 pts(along with lots of unpainted unsorted stuff)
5150 pts
~3200 pts Knights
 
   
Made in gb
Council of 13 Runner Up






Rules wise, I’m still hoping we don’t get stuck with matched Carapace Weapons for Warlords.

It ain’t right I tells ya!

Fed up for Scalpers? Why not join us? 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





I just realised that the release date means the HH weekender is the week after Titan Death hits the shelves. Time to start building up those expectations for info on future releases
   
Made in fi
Decrepit Dakkanaut





 Mad Doc Grotsnik wrote:
Rules wise, I’m still hoping we don’t get stuck with matched Carapace Weapons for Warlords.

It ain’t right I tells ya!


Um hopefully you realize to change that they would need to release new bigger command terminals? Care to pay the 20e/5 for that? Actually as they would be bigger than current warlord terminals more than that likely.

And laser blasters would then have to use 2 reactor push to get both shield bane activated.

“Nothing has a definite nature, so people cannot be purely evil. Even so-called evil people will aspire to follow a moral path when they feel a sense of community.” – Kukai

11772 pts(along with lots of unpainted unsorted stuff)
5150 pts
~3200 pts Knights
 
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut




tneva82 wrote:
changemod wrote:
Somehow titandeath doesn’t sound very exciting to me. It mostly sounds like content that should have been in the core book in the first place.

I’ll get a copy, but I guess this is kinda symptomatic of a single-faction game.


Gw wouldn't release supplement people say game is dead. Gw puts out and people say it should have been in rulebook. Can't win.

Also multifaction would make it worse. Just look at 40k where you have to buy codex and 1+ supplement of which you can't use everything. Orks just got codex and now have to pay 40e for supplement that has only little ork specific stuff. Rest useless if you don't play other armies. And moie supplements coming later.

At least regardless of your faction you can use most of titandeath rules. Better than 40k


I was ready to say Nay, but...

When one looks at the core AT rule set( without having flicked through it ) not only is the book hardcover but also includes dice, templates, card decks and a rather generous plastic sprue full of goodies. £35 for all that compared to a single hardcover rule book for 40K or AOS...yes, one can cut GW slack for not having everything in the core AT rulebook...

As far as xenos in AT...I don't see that happening now, but I wouldn't be surprised if a second 8mm game will appear in the next few years. A tanks'n'aircraft game would be an ideal follow up to AT...

Casual gamer, casual fun! 
   
Made in us
Fixture of Dakka






A 2nd 8mm game? What’s the first? It’s not AT. 8mm Space Marines was the reference for AT which puts normal humans at 6mm.

"The Omnissiah is my Moderati" 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
[***]






Svalarheima, MA

 xttz wrote:
SamusDrake wrote:
 midget_overlord wrote:

I wonder how much for the warlord weapon sprue on it's own?



Probably about...£25?


As they'll be direct only and have no discount, at that price I may as well pick up a full Warlord with that sprue for £49 and effectively pay £24 for an extra titan.

Hopefully it's a more reasonable ~£20


If you can get a Warlord for £49 I'd still go with that even if the weapon sprue is 'only' £20!

GW's wonky "exchange rate" makes Warlords more expensive than they really should be here in the USA...


Nil nos tremefacit.
 
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut




 Nostromodamus wrote:
A 2nd 8mm game? What’s the first? It’s not AT. 8mm Space Marines was the reference for AT which puts normal humans at 6mm.


Have I missed something? I'm pretty sure AT is classed as an 8mm scale game. Let me just check...

Okay, just a peep on Wayland and the AT range is listed as 8mm.

...one thing I do know for certain, though, is that AT is NOT 28mm!

Casual gamer, casual fun! 
   
Made in us
Fixture of Dakka






Everyone ran with “8mm scale” because GW said a marine would be 8mm tall.

"The Omnissiah is my Moderati" 
   
Made in fi
Decrepit Dakkanaut





SamusDrake wrote:
 Nostromodamus wrote:
A 2nd 8mm game? What’s the first? It’s not AT. 8mm Space Marines was the reference for AT which puts normal humans at 6mm.


Have I missed something? I'm pretty sure AT is classed as an 8mm scale game. Let me just check...

Okay, just a peep on Wayland and the AT range is listed as 8mm.

...one thing I do know for certain, though, is that AT is NOT 28mm!


You have missed all the calculations that take the warlord titan and compare it to it's size in fluff which shows it's pretty much spot on 6mm.

“Nothing has a definite nature, so people cannot be purely evil. Even so-called evil people will aspire to follow a moral path when they feel a sense of community.” – Kukai

11772 pts(along with lots of unpainted unsorted stuff)
5150 pts
~3200 pts Knights
 
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut




 Alpharius wrote:


If you can get a Warlord for £49 I'd still go with that even if the weapon sprue is 'only' £20!

GW's wonky "exchange rate" makes Warlords more expensive than they really should be here in the USA...



Well, its hard to say, but here is my reasoning...

£65 / 3 sprues = £21.66

...but on its own you lose a little on packaging...so roughly £25. I don't have any plans to buy Warlords but I sure hope its a straight £20 for those who do, as that would be awesome. Only problem is, that sprue seems larger than a AT Knight sprue and those are £20. On top of that, GW would rather you purchase another Warlord instead...

Saying that, GW has surprised me in the past. When trying to guess the price of the Reaver, I had thought £40-£45, but it came in at £35. Then I guessed the Warhounds at £35( same amount of sprues as the Reaver ) but they were announced at £45( thankfully changed to £40 at the last moment! ).

Heh, I've got a Reaver coming in the post, and I'm hoping the weapon sprue( using the same formula! ) will be about...£15.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
tneva82 wrote:
You have missed all the calculations that take the warlord titan and compare it to it's size in fluff which shows it's pretty much spot on 6mm.


There! And who said maths can't be fun!

"Last year, we gave you Adeptus Titanicus...this year...we proudly present its successor...ADEPTUS CALCULUS!"

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2019/01/13 21:45:51


Casual gamer, casual fun! 
   
Made in se
Changing Our Legion's Name





Stockholm, Sweden

Do you think the sprues are a direct only item or will they actually reach store shelves? I'm guessing it's the former.
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: