Switch Theme:

Adeptus Titanicus ongoing news and rumours - Legio Mortis Transfers Preview Pg149  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Battlefortress Driver with Krusha Wheel





Brum

Well I expect the box to be around £100 and it will probably have 4-6 Titans which should be convertable to both factions.

It should be at least not outrageously expensive. Possibly. Maybe.

My PLog

Curently: DZC

Set phasers to malkie! 
   
Made in gb
Stealthy Warhound Titan Princeps





UK

nevaks80 wrote:
I was at the weekender, I watched the games on both Friday and Saturday and I had a good talk with the designers, so I might be able to add some things. Lifting my self imposed forum exile to write this, because there's a lot of misinformation / omissions posted so far and I'm really excited about this game.


Thanks for that, I've add it to the OP and spoilered a few of the disputed or duplicate bits

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/02/06 09:50:48


 
   
Made in gb
Most Glorious Grey Seer






Going to expand on that I think.....

For my gaming circle, we can pretty much all afford to invest £300 into an army, and therefore a game.

But, when it comes to small scale games like AT and X-Wing, it either needs to be cheap, or seriously in depth (could of course be both. The two aren't mutually exclusive).

So, X-Wing. That's most definitely a cheap game. Online you pick up a fleet for a relative pittance. The game itself is quite a quick affair - so if you've got an evening to indulge you can get quite a few games in.

AT? Well, I think we can safely assume it's not going to be X-Wing cheap. And from the previews and reports, it's sounding like quite an in depth game. Here, I'm happy to shell out - because it seems I'll get suitable bang for my buck - a game will take a while to play. If it was as quick as an X-Wing dog fight, I might feel a little short changed.

But as always, YMMV.

Fed up for Scalpers? Why not join us? 
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

I can't see it being any less than AUD$100 for a Warlord. The game just won't be playable at FW prices (and FW don't double the price for Aussies).

   
Made in gb
Stealthy Warhound Titan Princeps





UK

More from M_R_Parker of B&C:

A really cool seminar going over the background of the Titanicus games (and the background of the Horus Heresy setting as well), looking at some of the older models and some of the promo shots and White Dwarf articles for the older iterations of the game (fun fact: back in the day the only way to get smoke effects into their shots was to use cigar smoke. Good to see Health & Safety wasn't always so overpowering...). We got a little insight into the new game, some of the background for it, what they're potentially including, and some insight into the modelling process for the new kits. Apparently someones been working on making the 40k scale Warlord into a AT scale and it's taken them around 2 to 3 months to complete. It's scaled so well that they've taken shots of the resultant models and without any reference for scale there's no way to determine which model is which. Apparently they're trying to do the same for the Reaver, but with it not being an existing CAD they're having to do things manually, which is a longer process.
The game itself seems like a lot of fun, and seems to scale incredibly well. Apparently it can go from a single Warlord on each side all the way to around 10 or so Titans on each side and the only real impact is the time required to play it. Plus it's not following the traditional Fantasy / 40k system of 'My turn, then Your turn' but each phase is a one action followed by the other players action, and so on until the turn is finished. This keeps the game flowing without you having nothing to do for about 10 minutes whilst your opponent has his turn. I think this will be a really good system to get into when it comes out - which is still not finalised. Because it's going out in GW stores it has to fight it's way into the main GW schedule, and apparently there's already a lot lined up for the next two years which is making Titanicus problematic to schedule.


I've bolded the last bit as it's worth thinking about - they wouldn't release a boxed starter set with Resin mini's, would they?
   
Made in gb
Most Glorious Grey Seer






Indeed....

Mayhap it's just thundered into the realm of broad affordability?

Fed up for Scalpers? Why not join us? 
   
Made in nl
[MOD]
Indomitable hell rider of glorious renown






The muddy marshes and bogs of the Netherlands

Plastic boxed game all the way for sure.

Be ash and cinder forevermore!

V - 11 | T - 3 | 敗 - 40

DakkaDakka | Where you thank the mods for baning you! 
   
Made in gb
Moustache-twirling Princeps




We'll find out soon enough eh.

 Rayvon wrote:

The increased scale combined with resin titans seems to be prohibitive to many possible customers.

I think the choice of material used for the main forces could well make or break the game.

What was the reason given for not making them in 6mm ?
I cannot seem to remember..


Oh don't be so cynical, they gave us a great reason for shifting to 8mm - it's so the infantry models they're apparently not making and have explicitly stated they have no plans to make at the moment would look good.

Oh...

EDIT: Guys, the boxed set being in GW stores doesn't negate the existing rumour that the boxed set itself will consist only of rules, game aids, and building sprues. Look I'd love for this to be a mostly-plastic game, not least because it means I might actually be able to afford to particpate, but their first instinct was to go all-resin for the important stuff ie the actual Titan models, and the few bits of information that suggest they might be considering doing some in plastic have been pretty equivocal. Until we see either pics or utterly firm statements from GW that the main line Titans themselves will be plastic, it's safest to assume we'll be getting what was originally discussed.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/02/06 10:54:58


I need to acquire plastic Skavenslaves, can you help?
I have a blog now, evidently. Featuring the Alternative Mordheim Model Megalist.

"Your society's broken, so who should we blame? Should we blame the rich, powerful people who caused it? No, lets blame the people with no power and no money and those immigrants who don't even have the vote. Yea, it must be their fething fault." - Iain M Banks
-----
"The language of modern British politics is meant to sound benign. But words do not mean what they seem to mean. 'Reform' actually means 'cut' or 'end'. 'Flexibility' really means 'exploit'. 'Prudence' really means 'don't invest'. And 'efficient'? That means whatever you want it to mean, usually 'cut'. All really mean 'keep wages low for the masses, taxes low for the rich, profits high for the corporations, and accept the decline in public services and amenities this will cause'." - Robin McAlpine from Common Weal 
   
Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut





What I had started to type yesterday but then decided it's time to get some sleep, the Warlords will be of a similiar quality detail-wise as the 28mm scale model. It took me a few weeks but I'm now okay to buy a model this good for let's say 70 GBP/100 EUR.

The problem I still have with it are all the weapon parts. These are what makes the titans expensive. I really hope they will release a plastic kit, eventually. My current plan is to buy the starter (which based on what they said in January will come with the full rulebook, including the campaign system and missions, dice, stat cards and plastic terrain) and use printed photos of titans which I will replace model for model later.

I appreciate good quality models and will pay for them, but it will always be game first, models second to me. And I still play Battletech occassionally with the papercard 'models' from 2nd Ed. It works and is enjoyable.


This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2017/02/06 10:38:45


 
   
Made in gb
Lead-Footed Trukkboy Driver





Warrington, UK

Voids do not work in melee - this might be expected.


Actually, if you are within 2" your attack is within the void shield (which will always be the case in melee) so you can run up to a titan, get within 2" and unload on them directly. I tried this with my warhound but the Reaver went 1st and blew me to kingdom come.

I got a wildfire death result which meant I shot all my guns as I died, alas this is in a random direction and I hit nothing.
   
Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut




Well... If this game actually comes out nice, there is even less reason to play 40k
   
Made in us
[MOD]
Friendly Peat Beast






The Great Marsh

Joyboozer wrote:
Thanks nevaks80, that all sounds like great news, especially the Bothans part (I hate bothans!)

Totally agreed . Thanks nevaks!!
   
Made in se
Dakka Veteran






I would love to be excited about this, but GW continues to disappoint with unneeded scale changes.
   
Made in gb
Whelp



UK

Is it really a scale change though? They've said on multiple occasions that they wanted to get it straight because there wasn't a standard scale before. Infantry were 6mm, but titans, vehicles and flyers were all different scales because of modeling / casting limitations.

So if they want to make stuff a standard scale, even staying at 6mm would have meant bigger titans. Or smaller infantry. They were going to upset people either way.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/02/06 13:27:55


 
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut




Just home from the weekender. Certainly didn't get the vibe that many have here.

I think we'll maybe get a core box set in plastic, if GW can have their arm twisted to produce it.

I think any titans on top or upgrades are likely to be resin though.

I asked about the command slates and if they would come in the box with a new titan or if you would buy them seperately, they hadn't come to a conclusion but I suggested in the box would be best.

Also, the playtester told me that a warlord with two power fists is hilarious.
   
Made in us
Consigned to the Grim Darkness






Svalarheima, MA

Hilarious...how?

Nil nos tremefacit.
 
   
Made in gb
Stealthy Warhound Titan Princeps





UK

Probably that its shooting is lacklustre, but don't let it get near you

   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Steelcity

Looks like a really fun game.. hopefully I remember to play it in 2021.

Keeper of the DomBox
Warhammer Armies - Click to see galleries of fully painted armies
32,000, 19,000, Renegades - 10,000 , 7,500,  
   
Made in gb
Buttons Should Be Brass, Not Gold!






Norn Iron

nevaks80 wrote:
So if they want to make stuff a standard scale, even staying at 6mm would have meant bigger titans.


So why not stick to 6mm then?

Bigger titans are fine. I was aware of Epic vehicles being out of scale, and I switched to the DiD stalker, which is a fair bit bigger than the Lucius warlord. (The model that hooked me on Epic) Even if they do just stick to a handful of titan models, I'm with Elbows: the 8mm scale change seems like it's to mess with the people who supported Epic after GW (and all the players who can't do without GW's say-so ) dumped it.

"I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side, if you understand me..."
"...with a bit of imagination (remember when we used to have to use that in fantasy games?)" 
   
Made in gb
Grim Dark Angels Interrogator-Chaplain





The Rock

 ulgurstasta wrote:
I would love to be excited about this, but GW continues to disappoint with unneeded scale changes.


If they can achieve better model sculpts at 8mm than 6mm, then I'm all for it IMO.

AoV's Hobby Blog 29/04/18 The Tomb World stirs p44
How to take decent photos of your models- PDF download here
There's a beast in every man, and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand
Most importantly, Win or Lose, always try to have fun.
Armies Legion: Dark Angels 
   
Made in gb
Stealthy Warhound Titan Princeps





UK

 Vermis wrote:
the 8mm scale change seems like it's to mess with the people who supported Epic after GW (and all the players who can't do without GW's say-so ) dumped it.


Most likely to render old collections out of scale. However, I've also heard (from an 214th hand source, so apply skepticism) that GW are aware of various Epic model garage casters and are changing the scale to scupper them so it sounds like a two-for-one affair...

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2017/02/06 14:52:14


 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Steelcity

You assume that GW understands what scale is :p 40k/AoS scales are wildly different nowadays on a random basis it seems.

Keeper of the DomBox
Warhammer Armies - Click to see galleries of fully painted armies
32,000, 19,000, Renegades - 10,000 , 7,500,  
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut




 Alpharius wrote:
Hilarious...how?


As in you'll not do much shooting but people will hate being near you.

Also ursax claws were in and I asked if the game is basically over once your main princeps guy dies (essentially you are that guy). They didn't think it was necessarily over at that point but you would lose some benefits.
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut




Changing the scale is completely understandable.

Why bother releasing stuff that lots of your target audience is likely to have lying around in boxes somewhere? It does them absolutely no good to give people rules to play with things they bought off them decades ago.

In my eyes it's a totally new product that looks like it'll be entertaining and will have great models. Hopefully there is enough plastic and they use it for the key titans so they can build enough of a playerbase to make it sustainable
   
Made in gb
Wight Lord with the Sword of Kings






UK

I'd love them to produce the rules in a similar style and qaulity to the Aeroatutica rule books - they were lovely.

"Unimaginably ancient xenos artefact somewhere on the planet, hive fleet poised above our heads, hidden 'stealer broods making an early start....and now a bloody Chaos cult crawling out of the woodwork just in case we were bored. Welcome to my world, Ciaphas."
Inquisitor Amberley Vail, Ordo Xenos

"I will admit that some Primachs like Russ or Horus could have a chance against an unarmed 12 year old novice but, a full Battle Sister??!! One to one? In close combat? Perhaps three Primarchs fighting together... but just one Primarch?" da001

www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/528517.page

A Bloody Road - my Warhammer Fantasy Fiction 
   
Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut





Regarding the 8mm. FW scaled the Warlord and other titans to a size they considered good for modelling, painting and playing. Then they used what measures they found regarding Titan sizes and scaled 'infantry' (whatever that means - Orks? IG? Marines?) accordingly, ending up with ~8 mm for an infantry model. It is not even certain there will be models for these anyway.

Also if you take your 6mm Epic infantry models and set them near an item that size of the mini-titan below it will look fantastic and fits the artwork we know for years



Seriously it does



This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2017/02/06 15:18:09


 
   
Made in us
[MOD]
Friendly Peat Beast






The Great Marsh

Yeah, every time I hear the angst about scale, I pull up that image and remind myself that this is going to be fething awesome

Seriously people, I know that wasn't necessarily the final model, but if it IS the size shown in that pic, or close to it... I will be over the moon happy!!

What base size would you say that Warlord is on, dreadnought (60mm) base?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/02/06 15:22:29


 
   
Made in us
Consigned to the Grim Darkness






Svalarheima, MA

Changing the scale isn't going to stop groups who have a bunch of the old stuff from...using their old stuff with the new rules - if they even need to do that!

One of my BIGGEST regrets was selling off all of my old SPACE MARINE and TITAN LEGIONS stuff - they were by far my favorite GW games...


Nil nos tremefacit.
 
   
Made in gb
Stealthy Warhound Titan Princeps





UK

 Alpharius wrote:
One of my BIGGEST regrets was selling off all of my old SPACE MARINE and TITAN LEGIONS stuff - they were by far my favorite GW games...


If it makes you feel any better, I am currently flogging off my 3rd and 4th edition Epic collection to ... make room for this!

The modern Titan's are just too gorgeous to ignore and the new ruleset far too intriguing
   
Made in gb
Grim Dark Angels Interrogator-Chaplain





The Rock

Quick question- when is this version of Titanicus set? Last one was Armageddon wasn't it?

AoV's Hobby Blog 29/04/18 The Tomb World stirs p44
How to take decent photos of your models- PDF download here
There's a beast in every man, and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand
Most importantly, Win or Lose, always try to have fun.
Armies Legion: Dark Angels 
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: