Switch Theme:

Adepta Sororitas GW appeal  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Grim Dark Angels Interrogator-Chaplain





The Rock

I'm curious, have any petitions to GW ever actually worked?

AoV's Hobby Blog 29/04/18 The Tomb World stirs p44
How to take decent photos of your models
There's a beast in every man, and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand
Most importantly, Win or Lose, always try to have fun.
Armies Legion: Dark Angels 
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran





 angelofvengeance wrote:
I'm curious, have any petitions to GW ever actually worked?


Not that I know of. I've always believed the suits at GW spin a wheel & see what the outcome is when making decisions for future releases. 99% of the wheel is raise prices, ignore community feedback, re-release near identical codices/rulebook for 10% more than the previous material, impose further restrictions on FLGS to put them out of business, release models that no one asked for, release new rules for models that haven't been profitable with rules that are worse than the original etc. The 1% consists of real radical change & actually attempting to revive the hobby. It hasn't landed on the 1% mark since 3rd edition.
   
Made in gb
Confessor Of Sins





Newton Aycliffe

AllSeeingSkink wrote:
If you can get maybe 1000+ people globally to do it you might make some noise. Any less than that and I don't even think it would be a blip on their radar. The only way it might be noticed with less people than that is someone in the warehouse noticing they're run out of melta sisters in multiple warehouses.

GW sell roughly $450,000 USD of product per day on average, once you consider a decent portion of that goes to independents it translates to about $550,000 of stock at retail price, supposedly about half of that is 40k, so $275,000. If you get 100 people to buy a $17 model, it's only going to be $1700 of models... they're not even going to notice that, a single new player could rack up that much revenue in a day. If you get 1000 people to do it they might notice that revenue was up by 6% on one particular day.

I'd start getting people to actually go to game stores and clubs and spread the word and get your numbers up in to the thousands.

That said... I won't be doing it, so best of luck to you.

 ClockworkZion wrote:
You're not being realistic and you're demanding the unreasonable.
I don't think it's terribly unreasonable to expect things to remain the same with a couple of small updates. It might be unrealistic because it's not the way GW work, but I don't think it's unreasonable. Metal (or resin) is the perfect material for just adding a few poses and keeping a range going instead of converting to plastic. It's reasonably cheap to do small runs.

 MWHistorian wrote:
You're going to teach GW that old, overly expensive models DO sell and it will not encourage them to do anything but keep doing what they're doing.

Not buying them is the only thing that they will notice. (with proper notification to GW on why.)

 SweaterKittens wrote:
I'm gonna be honest, while I agree with Dr. Mathias that at least BlackTalos is trying something, buying items in protest of said items and their price is ridiculous. All GW will see is that people are still buying their models even at the truly absurd price they're selling them at. I bought my Sororitas secondhand, and I've already vowed not to buy a single model for that army retail from GW. I'm sick of them thinking they can just up the price whenever they damn well please and expect us all to go along with it. 90 dollars for a squad of BSS? Please. Counts-as or Craigslist for me, thank you very much.

Let me be clear in that I think your intentions are good, BlackTalos. I would love to see plastic Sororitas. But buying their overpriced metal minis only tells them that people will still buy them, regardless of how badly the army is being treated/priced.


Thing is, has anyone actually bought a metal Sister recently? Or even knows someone who did?
"Buying old makes them think they still sell".
Not a 1-off, 1-day, 1-time purchase all at the same time won't... Especially if only 1 Sister sells everyday (Or is it even less now?)

You call out massive sales of "$450,000 USD of product per day on average". How many Sister of battle are part of that?
Sure, they won't notice the money, but they'll notice a specific peak, at the 1 time of day.

I did not want to be mean either, but what if they have 200 Orders on a specific day that they cannot fulfil? Because 300 other orders dried up their metal Sisters stock?
Along those line, i'd be more than happy with numbers in the 500s, and within 2 days it looks like we might not be too far from 200 or 300 already


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Commissar Benny wrote:
 angelofvengeance wrote:
I'm curious, have any petitions to GW ever actually worked?


Not that I know of. I've always believed the suits at GW spin a wheel & see what the outcome is when making decisions for future releases. 99% of the wheel is raise prices, ignore community feedback, re-release near identical codices/rulebook for 10% more than the previous material, impose further restrictions on FLGS to put them out of business, release models that no one asked for, release new rules for models that haven't been profitable with rules that are worse than the original etc. The 1% consists of real radical change & actually attempting to revive the hobby. It hasn't landed on the 1% mark since 3rd edition.


I've barely heard of 1 petition in the past, and it was for Sisters, similar to this but buying a shrine model nobody really wanted....

 ClockworkZion wrote:
If it was a clue and they're doing a proper Sisters update now and this just nets everyone a model they may have been planning on buying anyways.


That's the baseline. Almost all the people i've heard pledge will make use of the model, even if plastic does come out (still very doubtful)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2015/01/23 12:06:41


DA:80-S+G+M+B++I-Pw40k01++D+++A+++WD100R++T(T)DM+
Roronoa Zoro wrote:When the world shoves you around, you just gotta stand up and shove back. It's not like somebody's gonna save you if you start babbling excuses. - Bring on the hardship. It's preferred in a path of carnage.
Manchu wrote:
It's like you take a Space Marine and say "what could make him cooler?" Instead of adding more super-genetic-psycho-organic modification, you take it all away. You have a regular human left in power armor and all the armies of hell at the gates. And she doesn't even flinch. Pure. Badass. 
   
Made in au
Grizzled Space Wolves Great Wolf





 BlackTalos wrote:
You call out massive sales of "$450,000 USD of product per day on average". How many Sister of battle are part of that?
Sure, they won't notice the money, but they'll notice a specific peak, at the 1 time of day.
The guy in the warehouse packaging them might notice... you'd have to be lucky if that got up the chain unless it was more than just "oh for some random reason a few people bought Sister's today... oh well, off they go" and more like "wow, we had a substantial increase in sales of sisters on that day". The latter is going to require a decent number of people getting on board, which judging by the response on this forum alone probably isn't likely

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2015/01/23 12:11:23


 
   
Made in gb
Confessor Of Sins





Newton Aycliffe

AllSeeingSkink wrote:
 BlackTalos wrote:
You call out massive sales of "$450,000 USD of product per day on average". How many Sister of battle are part of that?
Sure, they won't notice the money, but they'll notice a specific peak, at the 1 time of day.
The guy in the warehouse packaging them might notice... you'd have to be lucky if that got up the chain unless it was more than just "oh for some random reason a few people bought Sister's today... oh well, off they go" and more like "wow, we had a substantial increase in sales of sisters on that day". The latter is going to require a decent number of people getting on board, which judging by the response on this forum alone probably isn't likely


Or all the guys in the Warehouses contacting HQ at the same time:
"Hey, i'm out of this sister model and i need it for another 20 orders..."
You'd only need about 10 of those calls from warehouses and it will be flagged over at HQ.

Also, i agree the amount of responses here are low, but definitely positive. And this is one with the least responses

DA:80-S+G+M+B++I-Pw40k01++D+++A+++WD100R++T(T)DM+
Roronoa Zoro wrote:When the world shoves you around, you just gotta stand up and shove back. It's not like somebody's gonna save you if you start babbling excuses. - Bring on the hardship. It's preferred in a path of carnage.
Manchu wrote:
It's like you take a Space Marine and say "what could make him cooler?" Instead of adding more super-genetic-psycho-organic modification, you take it all away. You have a regular human left in power armor and all the armies of hell at the gates. And she doesn't even flinch. Pure. Badass. 
   
Made in au
Grizzled Space Wolves Great Wolf





I could be wrong but I doubt GW HQ has anything much to do with it. The guys in the warehouses run out they probably contact a main warehouse and if the main warehouse runs out they order more to be cast. To actually get anyone in a decision making position to take notice it will take more than a hundred or two orders across the globe.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2015/01/23 13:54:22


 
   
Made in us
Shas'la with Pulse Carbine






I think a letter-writing campaign might do more than simply buying metal models, for one you'd get a lot more people (even those that aren't part of the Sisterhood), especially considering the logistical problems and cost of buying the metal figures.

And secondly you don't have potential issues with literally buying all their stock (maybe there's only like 25 in the store?) or feeding them money for a super old product that makes them think they don't have to update it.

I'm pro-plastic for all models. I think GW should go redo all their metal models in plastic and as much as I hate Sisters fans (sorry, a lot of you guys are super annoying, I'm sure there's mostly good apples I'm just used to seeing bad ones) they deserve to have their basic army cost reduced massively and have access to models that don't look like gak.

I hate those old stumpy model-styles so badly. Phoenix Lords need redone too.

Set us up a template email to spam GW with and I'm sure it'll do wonders compared to this. This is just going to cause a small dent that's nearly indistinguishable from a guy who likes Sisters and has too much money buying a gak ton of them out of nowhere and you're hurting your cause by adding a monetary restriction.

   
Made in us
Repentia Mistress






GW isn't moving >450K in product sales per day.

To put that in perspective, that's higher than your average single Costco store.


 
   
Made in gb
Confessor Of Sins





Newton Aycliffe

 Shadowclaimer wrote:
I think a letter-writing campaign might do more than simply buying metal models, for one you'd get a lot more people (even those that aren't part of the Sisterhood), especially considering the logistical problems and cost of buying the metal figures.

And secondly you don't have potential issues with literally buying all their stock (maybe there's only like 25 in the store?) or feeding them money for a super old product that makes them think they don't have to update it.

I'm pro-plastic for all models. I think GW should go redo all their metal models in plastic and as much as I hate Sisters fans (sorry, a lot of you guys are super annoying, I'm sure there's mostly good apples I'm just used to seeing bad ones) they deserve to have their basic army cost reduced massively and have access to models that don't look like gak.

I hate those old stumpy model-styles so badly. Phoenix Lords need redone too.

Set us up a template email to spam GW with and I'm sure it'll do wonders compared to this. This is just going to cause a small dent that's nearly indistinguishable from a guy who likes Sisters and has too much money buying a gak ton of them out of nowhere and you're hurting your cause by adding a monetary restriction.


The email "spam" is part of the purchase. It's in the first post.
But that just seems like a rather rude/demanding thing to do, compared to actually spending spare change on letting them know. (Positive reinforcement of the demand)

Regardless, it has a month and some to spread. Decision making people will get wind of it, if they have not already...

DA:80-S+G+M+B++I-Pw40k01++D+++A+++WD100R++T(T)DM+
Roronoa Zoro wrote:When the world shoves you around, you just gotta stand up and shove back. It's not like somebody's gonna save you if you start babbling excuses. - Bring on the hardship. It's preferred in a path of carnage.
Manchu wrote:
It's like you take a Space Marine and say "what could make him cooler?" Instead of adding more super-genetic-psycho-organic modification, you take it all away. You have a regular human left in power armor and all the armies of hell at the gates. And she doesn't even flinch. Pure. Badass. 
   
Made in au
Grizzled Space Wolves Great Wolf





 ncshooter426 wrote:
GW isn't moving >450K in product sales per day.
GW reported 123.5 million revenue GBP last financial year. That translates to an average of ~$500k USD per day, of which we know (from the chapterhouse case) 40k is supposedly about half of that.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2015/01/23 14:22:15


 
   
Made in us
Shas'la with Pulse Carbine






 BlackTalos wrote:
 Shadowclaimer wrote:
I think a letter-writing campaign might do more than simply buying metal models, for one you'd get a lot more people (even those that aren't part of the Sisterhood), especially considering the logistical problems and cost of buying the metal figures.

And secondly you don't have potential issues with literally buying all their stock (maybe there's only like 25 in the store?) or feeding them money for a super old product that makes them think they don't have to update it.

I'm pro-plastic for all models. I think GW should go redo all their metal models in plastic and as much as I hate Sisters fans (sorry, a lot of you guys are super annoying, I'm sure there's mostly good apples I'm just used to seeing bad ones) they deserve to have their basic army cost reduced massively and have access to models that don't look like gak.

I hate those old stumpy model-styles so badly. Phoenix Lords need redone too.

Set us up a template email to spam GW with and I'm sure it'll do wonders compared to this. This is just going to cause a small dent that's nearly indistinguishable from a guy who likes Sisters and has too much money buying a gak ton of them out of nowhere and you're hurting your cause by adding a monetary restriction.


The email "spam" is part of the purchase. It's in the first post.
But that just seems like a rather rude/demanding thing to do, compared to actually spending spare change on letting them know. (Positive reinforcement of the demand)

Regardless, it has a month and some to spread. Decision making people will get wind of it, if they have not already...


Email campaigns are done for tons of stuff, its not really rude/demanding to show there is a market.

I know tons of players personally who won't buy Sisters or think they're silly mostly because their models looks terrible. They have potential, major potential, but GW needs to know there's a market for a redo. A small nudge of a couple hundred metal sisters at best isn't really going to do much towards it.

There's rumors of a redo coming in June anyway, here's to hoping.

   
Made in gb
Confessor Of Sins





Newton Aycliffe

Yeah, i've heard the rumours, but all point to a new Codex, with knowledge that Masters have been made for the models. If they ever release them we'll never know. But the petition might help with that too...

Nothing is stopping people from doing an email petition to GW addresses at the same time and without purchase...

Anything would help and i'm sure all the players participating will agree to be grateful for any help

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2015/01/23 14:27:47


DA:80-S+G+M+B++I-Pw40k01++D+++A+++WD100R++T(T)DM+
Roronoa Zoro wrote:When the world shoves you around, you just gotta stand up and shove back. It's not like somebody's gonna save you if you start babbling excuses. - Bring on the hardship. It's preferred in a path of carnage.
Manchu wrote:
It's like you take a Space Marine and say "what could make him cooler?" Instead of adding more super-genetic-psycho-organic modification, you take it all away. You have a regular human left in power armor and all the armies of hell at the gates. And she doesn't even flinch. Pure. Badass. 
   
Made in se
Ancient Space Wolves Venerable Dreadnought






I... actually don't know. Help?

I'm not a Bolter Beaches collector, but I might join in.

To Valhall! ~2800 points

Tutorials: Wet Palette | Painting Station
 
   
Made in us
RogueSangre





The Canadian Gate

So what if this campaign is so successful that GW completely runs out of stock of that flamer model? This causes GW to take notice and they respond by releasing a new digital Adepta Sororitas codex! Yay!!!

Except the new codex removes the option to take flamers because now there's no model for it...

Jessica Alba is to hot like Fzorgle is to GW failing at life.
- Phryxis on Slaaneshi psychic powers

Lets forge a narrative! Your aspiring champion makes a wet farting sound, much like when you let go of a filled balloon, as he/she is sent to eternal damnation in the warp for defeating Calgar.
- Forcemajeure 
   
Made in gb
Confessor Of Sins





Newton Aycliffe

Lol, yeah, thing is we will never know what this will do, or not do, at all.

But that should not dissuade the attempt, plus about 50% of the people doing this just want the model

DA:80-S+G+M+B++I-Pw40k01++D+++A+++WD100R++T(T)DM+
Roronoa Zoro wrote:When the world shoves you around, you just gotta stand up and shove back. It's not like somebody's gonna save you if you start babbling excuses. - Bring on the hardship. It's preferred in a path of carnage.
Manchu wrote:
It's like you take a Space Marine and say "what could make him cooler?" Instead of adding more super-genetic-psycho-organic modification, you take it all away. You have a regular human left in power armor and all the armies of hell at the gates. And she doesn't even flinch. Pure. Badass. 
   
Made in us
Repentia Mistress





Kansas

After this project, or maybe even at the same time, I suggest we organize a letter campaign to the GW design team members, each letter sealed with an old fashioned melted wax seal.

   
Made in us
Shas'la with Pulse Carbine






After reading through the new Sisters codex, if they get a full new model line I would actually play them.

Give me Celestian Squads, Dominion/Retributors duo kit, Battle Sisters, and Seraphim Squads, all in plastic. The new artwork for Sisters looks so much better than the old designs and the stumpy models too.

   
Made in gb
Hellacious Havoc





They say a hand written letter is worth a thousand emails.

I think that if you could get 1000 people to post a letter, to arrive roughly at the same time at GW HQ, you would have a lot more impact than buying minis online.



This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2015/01/23 16:31:37


 
   
Made in us
Chaplain with Hate to Spare




On the Internet

 Hybrid Son Of Oxayotl wrote:
 ClockworkZion wrote:
Fangirl thank you.

I thought you were this guy:

I'm also trans (and have known for years), lost the beard (which was only grown because I suffering under a bout of depression and didn't even feel up to doing something as simple as shaving) and am on finally hormones transition. Sorry for not making a giant announcement on it.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2015/01/23 16:34:49


 
   
Made in fr
Hallowed Canoness





Oh, okay. Sorry. Hope your depression is finished . Will use the right pronoun now then.

Feminism is good. Racism is bad.
Sabbat-pattern helmets best helmets.
If you believe that marines aren't powerful enough on the tabletop to match the fluff, remember that Custodes got rules but Planetary Defense Force don't. 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut




 ClockworkZion wrote:
Fangirl thank you.

And seriously, I've seen a LOT of people who want to at least get some Sisters allies but don't want $100+ for even that.

And if you don't care about Sisters why are you in a Sisters thread? Just trying to troll for a reason to press the yellow triangle of friendship on others?

1. Fanboy is a term. Don't care what you are on the other side of the screen. I use the same descriptor.
2. Why would anybody really want to ally them in the first place? Scions do the same job for a better price. I'm curious to see what you mean by "a LOT" as well. The OP already struggles to make this supposed campaign happen. The market isn't as large as you think it is.
3. I'm here because this is a forum and therefore I'm going to post opinions.

CaptainStabby wrote:
If Tyberos falls and needs to catch himself it's because the ground needed killing.

 jy2 wrote:
BTW, I can't wait to run Double-D-thirsters! Man, just thinking about it gets me Khorney.

 vipoid wrote:
Indeed - what sort of bastard would want to use their codex?

 MarsNZ wrote:
ITT: SoB players upset that they're receiving the same condescending treatment that they've doled out in every CSM thread ever.
 
   
Made in gb
Hallowed Canoness





Between

Fanboy is a derived term for a male fangirl, however, so... it's not really correct to use it in that fashion. Technically, by your logic, you should call everyone - even the males - fangirls.

Scions do the same job better? Scions are completely different. There is literally no role overlap between deep-striking, medium-armour lasgunners with an AP boost and mob-handed, heavy-armour melta caddies.



"That time I only loaded the cannon with powder. Next time, I will fill it with jewels and diamonds and they will cut you to shrebbons!" - Nogbad the Bad. 
   
Made in us
Repentia Mistress






AllSeeingSkink wrote:
 ncshooter426 wrote:
GW isn't moving >450K in product sales per day.
GW reported 123.5 million revenue GBP last financial year. That translates to an average of ~$500k USD per day, of which we know (from the chapterhouse case) 40k is supposedly about half of that.


That's total. Their IP leasing makes up a good chunk of their income last time I checked (all the 40k digital franchise stuff, and TW:WH upcoming game). I will check their balance sheet for FY14 if I can find it.


 
   
Made in pt
Tea-Kettle of Blood




 ncshooter426 wrote:
AllSeeingSkink wrote:
 ncshooter426 wrote:
GW isn't moving >450K in product sales per day.
GW reported 123.5 million revenue GBP last financial year. That translates to an average of ~$500k USD per day, of which we know (from the chapterhouse case) 40k is supposedly about half of that.


That's total. Their IP leasing makes up a good chunk of their income last time I checked (all the 40k digital franchise stuff, and TW:WH upcoming game). I will check their balance sheet for FY14 if I can find it.


Royalties are just 1.4m GBP / year.
   
Made in gb
Confessor Of Sins





Newton Aycliffe

Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
The OP already struggles to make this supposed campaign happen. The market isn't as large as you think it is.


From attention on this 1 single forum? Which also currently holds a fair number of "views" for a 24h existence?
I guess you haven't been around the other forums, or the Facebook main groups?

DA:80-S+G+M+B++I-Pw40k01++D+++A+++WD100R++T(T)DM+
Roronoa Zoro wrote:When the world shoves you around, you just gotta stand up and shove back. It's not like somebody's gonna save you if you start babbling excuses. - Bring on the hardship. It's preferred in a path of carnage.
Manchu wrote:
It's like you take a Space Marine and say "what could make him cooler?" Instead of adding more super-genetic-psycho-organic modification, you take it all away. You have a regular human left in power armor and all the armies of hell at the gates. And she doesn't even flinch. Pure. Badass. 
   
Made in us
Chaplain with Hate to Spare




On the Internet

 Hybrid Son Of Oxayotl wrote:
Oh, okay. Sorry. Hope your depression is finished . Will use the right pronoun now then.

It's helped a lot. I haven't felt this good in a looooooooooooong while. The mood swings while the hormone levels balance out aren't too bad, but still not fun.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
 ClockworkZion wrote:
Fangirl thank you.

And seriously, I've seen a LOT of people who want to at least get some Sisters allies but don't want $100+ for even that.

And if you don't care about Sisters why are you in a Sisters thread? Just trying to troll for a reason to press the yellow triangle of friendship on others?

1. Fanboy is a term. Don't care what you are on the other side of the screen. I use the same descriptor.
2. Why would anybody really want to ally them in the first place? Scions do the same job for a better price. I'm curious to see what you mean by "a LOT" as well. The OP already struggles to make this supposed campaign happen. The market isn't as large as you think it is.
3. I'm here because this is a forum and therefore I'm going to post opinions.

Sisters are more of a power armored horde than Scions are. And -I- want to ally them to things. I'm working on adding Black Templars to my Sisters army to have a Crusading fleet of awesome.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2015/01/23 19:07:23


 
   
Made in us
Boom! Leman Russ Commander






Sad really. Sisters have a HUGE fan base. Much greater than many of the armies that are currently being pushed.
Not only would they sell entire armies to a sizable percentage of the current players but they would draw in new customer bases that they did not have before or which were on the fence.
Like many others, i would immediately drop a few hundred to make an ally force. Even if I didnt use them, I would do it just for the coolness factor. Although I think they would work GREAT to that effect.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2015/01/23 19:13:55


clively wrote:
"EVIL INC" - hardly. More like "REASONABLE GOOD GUY INC". (side note: exalted)

Seems a few of you have not read this... http://www.dakkadakka.com/core/forum_rules.jsp 
   
Made in au
Grizzled Space Wolves Great Wolf





 ncshooter426 wrote:
AllSeeingSkink wrote:
 ncshooter426 wrote:
GW isn't moving >450K in product sales per day.
GW reported 123.5 million revenue GBP last financial year. That translates to an average of ~$500k USD per day, of which we know (from the chapterhouse case) 40k is supposedly about half of that.


That's total. Their IP leasing makes up a good chunk of their income last time I checked (all the 40k digital franchise stuff, and TW:WH upcoming game). I will check their balance sheet for FY14 if I can find it.
Nope, royalties are only 1.1% of it.

http://investor.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Games-Workshop-Group-14-combined-FINAL-cover-version.pdf

And as I said, 40k is around half of total revenue according to what GW said during the chapterhouse case. So total is $500k, 40k is around $250k, so 100 people buying a melta Sister is going to raise that day's 40k sales by around 0.7%... I honestly doubt anyone in GW HQ would even know it happened.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 EVIL INC wrote:
Sad really. Sisters have a HUGE fan base. Much greater than many of the armies that are currently being pushed.
People say that.... but I'm not really all that convinced.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2015/01/24 02:46:33


 
   
Made in us
Witch Hunter Undercover in a Cult







Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
 ClockworkZion wrote:
Fangirl thank you.

And seriously, I've seen a LOT of people who want to at least get some Sisters allies but don't want $100+ for even that.

And if you don't care about Sisters why are you in a Sisters thread? Just trying to troll for a reason to press the yellow triangle of friendship on others?

1. Fanboy is a term. Don't care what you are on the other side of the screen. I use the same descriptor.
2. Why would anybody really want to ally them in the first place? Scions do the same job for a better price. I'm curious to see what you mean by "a LOT" as well. The OP already struggles to make this supposed campaign happen. The market isn't as large as you think it is.
3. I'm here because this is a forum and therefore I'm going to post opinions.


1: Convention is to use the gender of whatever avatar someone happens to have up at the time, not to default to male.

2: Scions are one unit. Sisters are a Codex, they've got a lot of tools/tricks Scions don't.

Victoria est autem vita.

Stories at https://knightofthegrey.wordpress.com/
Game-related musings at https://thescenicdetour.wordpress.com/
Both updated irregularly 
   
Made in us
Chaplain with Hate to Spare




On the Internet

AllSeeingSkink wrote:
 ncshooter426 wrote:
AllSeeingSkink wrote:
 ncshooter426 wrote:
GW isn't moving >450K in product sales per day.
GW reported 123.5 million revenue GBP last financial year. That translates to an average of ~$500k USD per day, of which we know (from the chapterhouse case) 40k is supposedly about half of that.


That's total. Their IP leasing makes up a good chunk of their income last time I checked (all the 40k digital franchise stuff, and TW:WH upcoming game). I will check their balance sheet for FY14 if I can find it.
Nope, royalties are only 1.1% of it.

http://investor.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Games-Workshop-Group-14-combined-FINAL-cover-version.pdf

And as I said, 40k is around half of total revenue according to what GW said during the chapterhouse case. So total is $500k, 40k is around $250k, so 100 people buying a melta Sister is going to raise that day's 40k sales by around 0.7%... I honestly doubt anyone in GW HQ would even know it happened.

I'm pretty sure that's why it's paired with an email campaign. To go "look, a whole bunch of us bought models to make a point."
   
 
Forum Index » 40K General Discussion
Go to: