Switch Theme:

Death Guard + Nurgle Daemons [News: Dec 30 - Jan 2018 WD with the new models]  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut





With that chassis it screams for different main gun loadouts and/or conversions


This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/07/13 13:19:48


 
   
Made in au
Homicidal Veteran Blood Angel Assault Marine






Yeah I can totally see that. Possibly a Whirlwind type thing where we can choose an anti-infantry or anti-tank gun
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran





That DP conversion is interesting. My first thought is that it seems to be using bits from the Crypt Haunter kit

Are GW more open to showing conversions in their official images now?
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




So I have a few rumors of absurdly dubious quality I wanna share, from a friend who always offers these wonderfully questionable rumors when we meet up to play, with what basically amounts to "my uncle who works at Nintendo" style sourcing. But I'm sharing anyways because I'm excited about potential releases and he has occasionally been correct.

Spoiler:
Three variations on normal plague marines: The default version we know and love (and have already seen), a havoc variation (with some new weapons we haven't seen), and a melee variation (the leaked flail guy presumably). Basically giving us chosen, havoc and normal CSM variants of plague marines.

Terminators, but lacking the normal loadout options. Plague spitter as the default weapon???? Can deepstrike at 7" rather than the normal 9".

We are getting some sort of mounted unit. (Assuming true... the thing whose feet we saw?).

The plaguecrawler has a few variant loadouts, but this is the only unique vehicle.

The fetid drone is getting more loadout options when it gets a stand alone kit.

Typhus is getting a new model, along with morty, and a new demon prince model is coming at some point.


So yeah... I'm pretty sure a few of these are misunderstandings of existing leaks but who knows.
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran





I think the many footed thing is either a new Beast or a new Nurgle monster of some sort. We have seen it in the art.
I would doubt mounted cavalry. Just doesn't seem Death Guard style.

I also doubt a new DP model. Especially as we have just seen that conversion.

All the rest is probably true though.

Either way I am excited though. Probably more so for new Deamon stuff than new mortal stuff.
But that's just me.

But great gods it feels like years since the new Nurgle stuff was rumoured/announced.
And it still aint out.
GW taking an eternity on this one.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/07/13 16:59:19


 
   
Made in au
Homicidal Veteran Blood Angel Assault Marine






 dan2026 wrote:
I think the many footed thing is either a new Beast or a new Nurgle monster of some sort. We have seen it in the art.
I would doubt mounted cavalry. Just doesn't seem Death Guard style.

I also doubt a new DP model. Especially as we have just seen that conversion.

All the rest is probably true though.

Either way I am excited though. Probably more so for new Deamon stuff than new mortal stuff.
But that's just me.

But great gods it feels like years since the new Nurgle stuff was rumoured/announced.
And it still aint out.
GW taking an eternity on this one.


I wouldn't count on any solid announcements from GW until at least after the Space Marine codex is out, as they'll want the focus to be on marines. But after then, we may even see some units come before the codex release, perhaps Morty and our proper Plague Marine kit around the same time as the CSM codex comes.
More likely though we won't be seeing model releases until our codex but I'm willing to bet we'll at least see some model reveals not long after the Space Marine codex is out. Daemon stuff will probably be a lot later though unfortunately with their own codex. Luckily for me, I'm a Death Guard player more than a Daemon player
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut





Yeah the 3-4+ month post-video reveal delay in releasing all the Death Guard stuff is insane, especially considering the fact that they are one of the two main armies of the 8th release and that the Fate of Kronor is about to start. Really sucks to get this delay, which is probably to hype up (sigh) primaris uber marines as much as possible and to push all these little snapfit box kits.

Give us a real release already!


Hexfleet Virules: A Nurgle Chaos Space Marines, Daemons, and Renegades and Heretics Army

Click here to follow my Chaos/Nurgle Blog on Facebook!
 
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran





 Virules wrote:
Yeah the 3-4+ month post-video reveal delay in releasing all the Death Guard stuff is insane, especially considering the fact that they are one of the two main armies of the 8th release and that the Fate of Kronor is about to start. Really sucks to get this delay, which is probably to hype up (sigh) primaris uber marines as much as possible and to push all these little snapfit box kits.

Give us a real release already!


I feel like it has been going on so long I am just loosing hype at this point.
   
Made in gb
Khorne Rhino Driver with Destroyer




 dan2026 wrote:
 Virules wrote:
Yeah the 3-4+ month post-video reveal delay in releasing all the Death Guard stuff is insane, especially considering the fact that they are one of the two main armies of the 8th release and that the Fate of Kronor is about to start. Really sucks to get this delay, which is probably to hype up (sigh) primaris uber marines as much as possible and to push all these little snapfit box kits.

Give us a real release already!


I feel like it has been going on so long I am just loosing hype at this point.


Losing!

I can't even write loosing without the auto correct having a moan. Loose is to be less tight.

But yeah the reveal period is far too long for these guys, I have the feeling that daemons won't be making an appearance in the book though, but if they do I'm sold.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




 dan2026 wrote:
I think the many footed thing is either a new Beast or a new Nurgle monster of some sort. We have seen it in the art.
I would doubt mounted cavalry. Just doesn't seem Death Guard style.

All the rest is probably true though..


The bit that struck me as odd was the terminator rules, but who knows for sure. Maybe I just am in denial because I really want my existing terminators to carry over.

I almost kinda believe the Calvary thing? I mean, maybe not a unit but an optional mount for an HQ might be true? It seems less silly than the existing palanquin at least.

But yeah, the wait is too long. On that we all agree.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/07/13 18:05:30


 
   
Made in gb
Moustache-twirling Princeps




We'll find out soon enough eh.

SilverAlien wrote:
 dan2026 wrote:
I think the many footed thing is either a new Beast or a new Nurgle monster of some sort. We have seen it in the art.
I would doubt mounted cavalry. Just doesn't seem Death Guard style.

All the rest is probably true though..


The bit that struck me as odd was the terminator rules, but who knows for sure. Maybe I just am in denial because I really want my existing terminators to carry over.

I almost kinda believe the Calvary thing? I mean, maybe not a unit but an optional mount for an HQ might be true? It seems less silly than the existing palanquin at least.

But yeah, the wait is too long. On that we all agree.


Could be the 40K-ified Maggoths people were speculating about? In that either those could be the cavalry, or that speculation could have prompted the rumour.

I need to acquire plastic Skavenslaves, can you help?
I have a blog now, evidently. Featuring the Alternative Mordheim Model Megalist.

"Your society's broken, so who should we blame? Should we blame the rich, powerful people who caused it? No, lets blame the people with no power and no money and those immigrants who don't even have the vote. Yea, it must be their fething fault." - Iain M Banks
-----
"The language of modern British politics is meant to sound benign. But words do not mean what they seem to mean. 'Reform' actually means 'cut' or 'end'. 'Flexibility' really means 'exploit'. 'Prudence' really means 'don't invest'. And 'efficient'? That means whatever you want it to mean, usually 'cut'. All really mean 'keep wages low for the masses, taxes low for the rich, profits high for the corporations, and accept the decline in public services and amenities this will cause'." - Robin McAlpine from Common Weal 
   
Made in us
Prescient Cryptek of Eternity





New Bedford, MA USA

Perhaps CSM have terminators with the mark of Nurgle and regular wargear options, while codex Deathguard has a Nurgle terminator equivalent with more exotic weaponry

   
Made in us
Grisly Ghost Ark Driver





 adamsouza wrote:
Perhaps CSM have terminators with the mark of Nurgle and regular wargear options, while codex Deathguard has a Nurgle terminator equivalent with more exotic weaponry


CSM will have a Mark of Nurgle that non-Death Guard Nurgle Terminators will be able to take, but Death Guard will surely only be able to take the new Death Guard specific terminators, much like Thousand Sons with our SOT's.
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

Arachnofiend wrote:
CSM will have a Mark of Nurgle that non-Death Guard Nurgle Terminators will be able to take, but Death Guard will surely only be able to take the new Death Guard specific terminators, much like Thousand Sons with our SOT's.


I wouldn't think so.

The Death Guard is made up of Plague Marines, but not all Plague Marines are from the Death Guard.
The Thousand Sons is made up of Thousand Sons Marines... and that's all they can be.

A Black Legionnaire that dedicates himself to Nurgle does become a Plague Marine.
A Black Legionnaire that dedicates himself to Tzeentch doesn't become a Rubric Marine.

   
Made in us
Stone Bonkers Fabricator General






A garden grove on Citadel Station

All of the above is true, but does that mean Death Guard will be able to take [non-special-deathguard-terminators] in addition to [special-deathguard-terminators]? Right now you straight up CAN'T take Chaos Terminators who belong to the Death Guard legion.... which is extremely frustrating to an old school DG player. Can't wait for the real book and for terminators.

ph34r's forgeworld Phobos blog
The Polito form is dead, insect. Are you afraid? What is it you fear? The end of your trivial existence?
When the history of my glory is written, your species shall only be a footnote to my magnificence.
 
   
Made in au
Homicidal Veteran Blood Angel Assault Marine






 ph34r wrote:
All of the above is true, but does that mean Death Guard will be able to take [non-special-deathguard-terminators] in addition to [special-deathguard-terminators]? Right now you straight up CAN'T take Chaos Terminators who belong to the Death Guard legion.... which is extremely frustrating to an old school DG player. Can't wait for the real book and for terminators.


My guess is that we'll have our Death Guard termies in our book and, if normal termies can have the mark of Nurgle, they'll be in the CSM book
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

 ph34r wrote:
All of the above is true, but does that mean Death Guard will be able to take [non-special-deathguard-terminators] in addition to [special-deathguard-terminators]? Right now you straight up CAN'T take Chaos Terminators who belong to the Death Guard legion.... which is extremely frustrating to an old school DG player. Can't wait for the real book and for terminators.


Well I'd say they shouldn't be able to take non-Cult Terminators, but they should still get regular weapon options.

   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




 H.B.M.C. wrote:
 ph34r wrote:
All of the above is true, but does that mean Death Guard will be able to take [non-special-deathguard-terminators] in addition to [special-deathguard-terminators]? Right now you straight up CAN'T take Chaos Terminators who belong to the Death Guard legion.... which is extremely frustrating to an old school DG player. Can't wait for the real book and for terminators.


Well I'd say they shouldn't be able to take non-Cult Terminators, but they should still get regular weapon options.


Which seems unlikely given the index. We are going to have our unique loadout, whatever that may be.

Unless that guy who messaged about the forgeworld DG terminator conversion actually got somewhere with GW. The fact that forge world technically sold DG terminators for 40k might be enough for us to get them in legacy style. GW tends to be go both ways with the model=rules thing.
   
Made in nl
Speedy Swiftclaw Biker





Warhams-77 wrote:
With that chassis it screams for different main gun loadouts and/or conversions




This is more like wishlisting, but I think it would be awesome if the plague crawler tank has a second build option with the hull the other way round (the lower side at the front, like a sicaran). THat way they have a dual kit from which the variants look nothing alike at first glance
   
Made in ru
Blood Angel Neophyte Undergoing Surgeries





Warhams-77 wrote:
I have missed that the blight launcher rules came already in the index, thanks for pointing out

Another picture of the Plague Burst Crawler via Brother Dimetrius on B&C
Spoiler:



The daemon prince shown seems to be a conversion using bits from the current kit



Moreover - it's quite old. he can be spotted in Infernal tetrade formation dataslate:
   
Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut





That's the fella, thanks for posting
   
Made in us
Contagious Dreadnought of Nurgle





One hint at MAYBE getting a new Daemon Prince model is the Warp Bolter option listed in the index. With GWs new WYSIWYG style wargear options, this one stands out. Who has a Bolter armed Daemon Prince model? The Kai gun artifact from 3.5?

Nurgle Prince kit is the old metal one, and no wings. I grabbed one when they were brand new. Its great, but in desperate need of an update. The Prince Kit represents the 3 other Gods and Undivided Traitors evenly, but Nurgle requires conversions, and GW hasn't been too friendly about conversions or anything not assembled out of the box.

Just a thought.
   
Made in gb
Oozing Plague Marine Terminator






Surfing the Tervigon Wave...on a baby.

 H.B.M.C. wrote:

A Black Legionnaire that dedicates himself to Tzeentch doesn't become a Rubric Marine.


True....however....

You do have Mercenary Thousand Sons Sorcerers who create Rubrics for the other Legions. Or hire their services out. So, it does happen.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
SilverAlien wrote:


Terminators, but lacking the normal loadout options. Plague spitter as the default weapon???? Can deepstrike at 7" rather than the normal 9".




Please don't Scarab Occult us GW.

We're not spirits bound to armoured shells. We can be tactically flexible. Please let our Terminators remain flexible.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 dan2026 wrote:
That DP conversion is interesting. My first thought is that it seems to be using bits from the Crypt Haunter kit

Are GW more open to showing conversions in their official images now?


Look at the Plague Marines in the Chaos Index.

Those things aren't even remotely standard. They're either FW conversion kits or odd hybrids of Imperial, Chaos Space Marine and Plaguebearer kits!

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2017/07/15 01:26:34




Now only a CSM/Dark Mech player. 
   
Made in us
Insect-Infested Nurgle Chaos Lord





Oregon, USA

 Nightlord1987 wrote:
One hint at MAYBE getting a new Daemon Prince model is the Warp Bolter option listed in the index. With GWs new WYSIWYG style wargear options, this one stands out. Who has a Bolter armed Daemon Prince model? The Kai gun artifact from 3.5?

Nurgle Prince kit is the old metal one, and no wings. I grabbed one when they were brand new. Its great, but in desperate need of an update. The Prince Kit represents the 3 other Gods and Undivided Traitors evenly, but Nurgle requires conversions, and GW hasn't been too friendly about conversions or anything not assembled out of the box.

Just a thought.


The Nurgle prince (metal or finecast) has a warp bolter . It's the bug on his bracer on the non sword arm.

Adding wings is a snap if you have some spare drone wings.

The Viletide: Daemons of Nurgle/Deathguard: 7400 pts
Disclples of the Dragon - Ad Mech - about 2000 pts
GSC - about 2000 Pts
Rhulic Mercs - um...many...
Circle Oroboros - 300 Pts or so
Menoth - 300+ pts
 
   
Made in au
Homicidal Veteran Blood Angel Assault Marine






SilverAlien wrote:
 H.B.M.C. wrote:
 ph34r wrote:
All of the above is true, but does that mean Death Guard will be able to take [non-special-deathguard-terminators] in addition to [special-deathguard-terminators]? Right now you straight up CAN'T take Chaos Terminators who belong to the Death Guard legion.... which is extremely frustrating to an old school DG player. Can't wait for the real book and for terminators.


Well I'd say they shouldn't be able to take non-Cult Terminators, but they should still get regular weapon options.


Which seems unlikely given the index. We are going to have our unique loadout, whatever that may be.

Unless that guy who messaged about the forgeworld DG terminator conversion actually got somewhere with GW. The fact that forge world technically sold DG terminators for 40k might be enough for us to get them in legacy style. GW tends to be go both ways with the model=rules thing.


I'm hoping CSM can take the Mark of Nurgle on regular Termies to have normal weapon options for Nurgle style Termies. But I'm hoping Death Guard cult termies get weapon options for being either Deathshroud or Grave Wardens. Power Scythes are the thing I'd love to see on them.
We've already seen that they'll be getting at least some new options, as the little image we've seen so far of one is wielding a Plague Spitter.
   
Made in ca
Chaplain with Hate to Spare





the exact rumor is "Lacking the NORMAL options" this suggests to me that Plague Terminators will have options just differant ones. such as rather then a heavy flamer they'll be able to take a "Noxis bile thrower" etc

that said even if they have less options they'll proably be worth taking. keep in mind this is going to be cataphracti plate combined with disgustingly resiliant. they'll be plenty hard to kill.

Ultimately the power of an Inquisitor extends as far as he can make it extend 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut




It'll probably be the same as the rubric terminators. They'll have the twin Bolter, a stock power weapon of some kind, and 3 different range upgrades to choose from.

I like how Rubric Terminators work right now, so I'm confident in the current rule writers to do the right thing.

CaptainStabby wrote:
If Tyberos falls and needs to catch himself it's because the ground needed killing.

 jy2 wrote:
BTW, I can't wait to run Double-D-thirsters! Man, just thinking about it gets me Khorney.

 vipoid wrote:
Indeed - what sort of bastard would want to use their codex?

 MarsNZ wrote:
ITT: SoB players upset that they're receiving the same condescending treatment that they've doled out in every CSM thread ever.
 
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

That'd suck for those of us who have a couple of squads of these guys.

   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




BrianDavion wrote:
the exact rumor is "Lacking the NORMAL options" this suggests to me that Plague Terminators will have options just differant ones. such as rather then a heavy flamer they'll be able to take a "Noxis bile thrower" etc

that said even if they have less options they'll proably be worth taking. keep in mind this is going to be cataphracti plate combined with disgustingly resiliant. they'll be plenty hard to kill.


Technically so do the scarab terminators, with their various heavy weapon options. I think most of us are assuming that those will be there, just less sure about melee options and base weapon options. No combi weapons would hurt fairly hard given we'd lack any deepstriking melta/plasma fun. No melee options would similarly be frustrating.
   
Made in gb
Khorne Rhino Driver with Destroyer




SilverAlien wrote:
BrianDavion wrote:
the exact rumor is "Lacking the NORMAL options" this suggests to me that Plague Terminators will have options just differant ones. such as rather then a heavy flamer they'll be able to take a "Noxis bile thrower" etc

that said even if they have less options they'll proably be worth taking. keep in mind this is going to be cataphracti plate combined with disgustingly resiliant. they'll be plenty hard to kill.


Technically so do the scarab terminators, with their various heavy weapon options. I think most of us are assuming that those will be there, just less sure about melee options and base weapon options. No combi weapons would hurt fairly hard given we'd lack any deepstriking melta/plasma fun. No melee options would similarly be frustrating.


Surely you'd rather they made them unique and a valid interesting faction, rather than chaos marines with +1 toughness etc.
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: