Switch Theme:

Impact! Miniatures Presents: The Lost KS Mini Project (Kicktarter,Oct 4 -Final hours!)  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in au
Camouflaged Ariadna Scout




Australia

Thanks for looking into that, ImpactMiniatures. I know there were a lot of people disappointed about it being a scam. If you were able to get the miniatures made, I am sure a lot of people would be happy to buy some (myself included) just so they could finally get a little closure to the whole ordeal.

Same goes for helping the Assimilation Alien Host kickstarter finally reach towards its end. It's been a long time for that one too.
   
Made in us
Been Around the Block




 Fenriswulf wrote:
Same goes for helping the Assimilation Alien Host kickstarter finally reach towards its end. It's been a long time for that one too.
That one will be a looongg project for me but I will keep working on it. All that postage is coming out of my pocket which unfortunately is not deep. But Ed needed to go back to working concrete for a living to pay his bills and he didn't want to abandon the KS backers so me offering to slowly but surely get it shipped was my way of making it so he could close the business and get some traction back in his personal life.

I have a phone call now agreed to and scheduled for tonight with parties involved with the Battle Eggs STLs ... I'll see what I find out.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/10/02 16:33:07


 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Courageous Space Marine Captain





SoCal

On the Alien Assimilation front, we saw a finished sculpt (not by Ed) called the Goliath. I asked the previous guy handling the campaign and he said it would eventually go up for sale, but I haven't seen it happen. I've been putting off a small order for alien hunters and hive warriors so that I could buy everything together--is that still happening? Are you able to sell the alien host minis that were completed?

   
Made in us
Been Around the Block




 BobtheInquisitor wrote:
On the Alien Assimilation front, we saw a finished sculpt (not by Ed) called the Goliath. I asked the previous guy handling the campaign and he said it would eventually go up for sale, but I haven't seen it happen. I've been putting off a small order for alien hunters and hive warriors so that I could buy everything together--is that still happening? Are you able to sell the alien host minis that were completed?


At this time what I agreed with Ed to do was to ship out his KS project.

Once that is done ... given how happy I am with this effort at Lost minis for a KickStarter ... I will talk to Ed about buying or licensing the range ... but only after the KS backers get their rewarsds. Maybe these miniatures could be part of Lost Minis the Sequel if Ed has no plans for them with his company now closed.

Which is my long way of saying ... nothing for sale at this time.
   
Made in au
Terrifying Doombull





Melbourne .au

impactminiatures wrote:
 Azazelx wrote:
So.. is the Heartbreaker stuff available on Impact's site right now, or only through this KS?


I have the sets on my website for $35 each. Through the KickStarter as a special deal for just while the KickStarter was running you can get the sets for a small discount at $33 but every 2nd set is only $25. So the 1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th and 9th sets you get are $33 but the 2nd, 4th, 6th, 8th and 10ths sets are $25.

The Hearbreaker deals will not be available for Late Backers.


Ah, I see.

What's a "late backer"? Someone who adds more during the PM?


Automatically Appended Next Post:
impactminiatures wrote:

The Heartbreaker deals allow you to use half of the money you pledge to get ANYTHING you want from the project.

So using the $200 Heartbreaker reward level:

1) You get 4 Heartbreaker armies for $100 as part of it
2) You than have $100 to spend on anything you want.
So you could pick up 1 more Heartbreaker army for $33 (if you actually needed a 5th army) and then you could also pick up $67 of any of the miniatures in the project (like maybe a set of Wizard's Academy wizards for $45, a set of Samurai Elves for $17 and an Apeman Monk for $5)

Hope that helps explain how the Heartbreaker reward level works.


You just made it more confusing.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/10/03 03:58:35


   
Made in us
[DCM]
Courageous Space Marine Captain





SoCal

This is my understanding:

For every increment of $50, a heartbreaker pledge gives you 1 heartbreaker army and $25 to put towards anything, including a $33 heartbreaker army. So, if you want heartbreaker armies and no other minis, two would cost you $58: $50 (for one heartbreaker army and $25) plus $8 (to bring that extra $25 up to $33). Four heartbreakers would be $100 plus $8 plus $8, or $116.

   
Made in au
Terrifying Doombull





Melbourne .au

...and is that actually 31 Kev Adams Goblins in the Heartbreaker pack?

   
Made in ca
Mighty Kroxigor Ancient





California the Southern

Is that correct Bob?

50 bucks for a 33 dollar army and another 25 to waste on other stuff is a pretty nice deal.

And to think I was going to get off with just a Sun God...

Poorly lit photos of my ever- growing collection of completely unrelated models!

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/627383.page#7436324.html
Watch and listen to me ramble about these minis before ruining them with paint!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmCB2mWIxhYF8Q36d2Am_2A 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Courageous Space Marine Captain





SoCal

So far as I can tell, it is. Hopefully Impact! will confirm or correct my interpretation.


I hope we can bump from a $50 heartbreaker up to a $100 heartbreaker during the PM, because I can't afford that all at once, but I can easily think of two heartbreakers and $50 of minis I want.

   
Made in mc
Camouflaged Ariadna Scout




Australia

Man, I don't need those goblins...

... but man, I kind of really need those goblins
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK

31 hours left if your interested

 
   
Made in us
Been Around the Block




 Azazelx wrote:
...and is that actually 31 Kev Adams Goblins in the Heartbreaker pack?


Yes the 31 Kev Adams Goblins are a Heartbreaker Pack.




Automatically Appended Next Post:
 BobtheInquisitor wrote:
This is my understanding:

For every increment of $50, a heartbreaker pledge gives you 1 heartbreaker army and $25 to put towards anything, including a $33 heartbreaker army. So, if you want heartbreaker armies and no other minis, two would cost you $58: $50 (for one heartbreaker army and $25) plus $8 (to bring that extra $25 up to $33). Four heartbreakers would be $100 plus $8 plus $8, or $116.


This is all perfectly correct. If you just wanted 2 Heartbreaker armies you would pledge $58 for the $50 Heartbreaker 1 Team Deal.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 highlord tamburlaine wrote:
Is that correct Bob?

50 bucks for a 33 dollar army and another 25 to waste on other stuff is a pretty nice deal.
$58 total ... for two $35 Armies. So yes a pretty nice deal for another 15 hours.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 BobtheInquisitor wrote:

I hope we can bump from a $50 heartbreaker up to a $100 heartbreaker during the PM, because I can't afford that all at once, but I can easily think of two heartbreakers and $50 of minis I want.


As long as you have pledged for at least the $50 Heartbreaker (or any other $50 or more reward level) ... you can message me and I'll work with you to bump up to a higher Heartbreaker deal. The Pledge manager won't have an automatic feature for this since this deal will only be available to people that back before the project is over. But if you are a Heartbreaker backer when the project ends ... definitely will work with you if you want to bump it up!

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 2018/10/04 01:06:01


 
   
Made in au
Terrifying Doombull





Melbourne .au

When you say Spincast Resin, you mean Trollforged's stuff, right? Has it improved from the horrible, greasy mold release that they used to come with?

On the shipping - how close is the $17 ROW likely to be for 2 or 4 Heartbreaker sets to AU? I see a lot of campaigns grossly underestimating shipping costs, and then expecting backers to suck it up when it turns out to be double or even more.

   
Made in us
Been Around the Block




 Azazelx wrote:
When you say Spincast Resin, you mean Trollforged's stuff, right? Has it improved from the horrible, greasy mold release that they used to come with?


TrollForged has permanently closed for business. So no it is not that stuff. This is a different material from a different company that I have been using a few months ... no greasy mold release.

On the shipping - how close is the $17 ROW likely to be for 2 or 4 Heartbreaker sets to AU? I see a lot of campaigns grossly underestimating shipping costs, and then expecting backers to suck it up when it turns out to be double or even more.
For the 40 previous projects I did on KickStarter ... the price I quoted for shipping was what I charged. So I would have 100% likely for it to be $17 to AUD.
   
Made in au
Terrifying Doombull





Melbourne .au

Thanks for taking the time to answer.

I've only been part of one of your projects to date. As a suggestion, maybe a notification to backers of previous campaigns? Or an opt-in newsletter, as I'm sure I'd have been interested in some of the others if I knew they existed...

   
Made in us
Been Around the Block




 Azazelx wrote:
Thanks for taking the time to answer.

I've only been part of one of your projects to date. As a suggestion, maybe a notification to backers of previous campaigns? Or an opt-in newsletter, as I'm sure I'd have been interested in some of the others if I knew they existed...
Ah apologies. I recommend to people that ask about my projects that they follow me on KickStarter. You can set it up so that any time I launch a new project KickStarter will let you know. I find this is the best way to avoid spamming my previous backers.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Thanks to the DakkaDakka folks given me ideas for new figures ... I have already gotten a contact with a company for a round 2 of this KickStarter. Thank you!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/10/04 14:21:26


 
   
Made in ca
Fixture of Dakka





Bathing in elitist French expats fumes

impactminiatures wrote:
 Fenriswulf wrote:
Same goes for helping the Assimilation Alien Host kickstarter finally reach towards its end. It's been a long time for that one too.
That one will be a looongg project for me but I will keep working on it. All that postage is coming out of my pocket which unfortunately is not deep. But Ed needed to go back to working concrete for a living to pay his bills and he didn't want to abandon the KS backers so me offering to slowly but surely get it shipped was my way of making it so he could close the business and get some traction back in his personal life.

I have a phone call now agreed to and scheduled for tonight with parties involved with the Battle Eggs STLs ... I'll see what I find out.


Any news on that?

16 kittens! Man, you must be rolling in fluff balls of pure joy right now.

 GamesWorkshop wrote:
And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!

 
   
Made in us
Been Around the Block




 Mathieu Raymond wrote:
impactminiatures wrote:


I have a phone call now agreed to and scheduled for tonight with parties involved with the Battle Eggs STLs ... I'll see what I find out.


Any news on that?

16 kittens! Man, you must be rolling in fluff balls of pure joy right now.


Phone call went well. Nothing in stone yet. But solid leads on what would it take to make it happen. So I would put the current meter at possible.

16 kittens being fostered and 16 cats of our own. We keep them divided up in 6 different areas of the house ... so makes it all more manageable.

   
Made in us
[MOD]
Keeper of the Adeptus Arbites Flame






Cairo, Egypt

Last 10 hours folks!

 
   
Made in us
Been Around the Block




Final 90 minutes.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
I wanted to thank everyone for their ideas and support of the project. I already have some very interesting items that can be part of a sequel KickStarter for this one. Really happy with how well this funded for miniatures that were essentially on the Island of Misfit Toys. So thank you again for a fun and rewarding project!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/10/05 03:37:08


 
   
Made in au
Terrifying Doombull





Melbourne .au

gak! I backed at Artifact Expert when I meant to back at Heartbreaker. Hoping we can change that up when it comes to the PM period?

   
Made in us
Been Around the Block




 Azazelx wrote:
gak! I backed at Artifact Expert when I meant to back at Heartbreaker. Hoping we can change that up when it comes to the PM period?
Message me throught KickStarter when the pledge manager goes live and I can go in and change your reward level for you! No automatic way to do that in the pledge manager ... well there could be but I think it would make the PM a mess so happy to assist you with that manually.

Tom
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Courageous Space Marine Captain





SoCal

Is Kickstarter the best way to contact you during the PM? I backed Torn Armor and am also interested in changing my pledge (after another paycheck).

   
Made in us
Been Around the Block




 BobtheInquisitor wrote:
Is Kickstarter the best way to contact you during the PM? I backed Torn Armor and am also interested in changing my pledge (after another paycheck).
Yes KickStarter best way to get hold of me. If for some reason you do not hear from me ... Facebook my Impact Miniatures page and give me a kick!

Thanks to a lead from someone on Dakka I was able to sign the miniatures for the Battlegeddon game this morning for the sequel of this KS early next year ... so thank you for that!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/10/05 20:35:00


 
   
Made in ca
Fixture of Dakka





Bathing in elitist French expats fumes

Cheers mate. I'll keep abreast of your projects and definitely back whenever lost miniatures I always wanted resurface.

 GamesWorkshop wrote:
And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!

 
   
Made in us
Been Around the Block






Hopefully early next year the sequel for Lost Minis KS will launch (and this is one of the KS projects I will have in it).

Got to make sure I take care of all my great backers that made the first one a success and been patient while I dealt with very stress inducing printers.
   
Made in ca
Mighty Kroxigor Ancient





California the Southern

Are those Defiance eggs? That's crazy. I'd get one just on principal.

Hopefully things are getting back on track. It seems the tweaks Torn Armor's models needed as well as the printer issue has certainly been a major headache.

Crossing my fingers that those of us who didn't back for any TA stuff will see their's soon!

Poorly lit photos of my ever- growing collection of completely unrelated models!

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/627383.page#7436324.html
Watch and listen to me ramble about these minis before ruining them with paint!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmCB2mWIxhYF8Q36d2Am_2A 
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK

Looking forward to the next one,

hope the printers can be wrestled back into regular, trouble free operation soon

 
   
Made in us
Repentia Mistress





Kansas

 highlord tamburlaine wrote:
Are those Defiance eggs? That's crazy. I'd get one just on principal.


Looks a lot like the Defiance Hardsuit. What a failure that KS was. clear cut case of fraud and KS didn't do squat about it.

I'd like to have a couple of the eggs

   
Made in ca
[MOD]
Dankhold Troggoth






Shadeglass Maze

That's crazy! Nice job tracking those down, Impact
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: