Switch Theme:

Blacklist Games : Lasting Tales : Coop miniature skirmish game and FS2 minis : Starts 3/30  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Riverside, CA USA

Wow are those generic.


That's the entire point.

I'm both really looking forward to this and dreading it, since I bought Fantasy1 as an addon for Fantasy2 and the rulebook. Gonna need to move to a bigger house I think.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/10/01 16:04:44


~Kalamadea (aka ember)
My image gallery 
   
Made in gb
Pious Warrior Priest




UK

Renders are all looking great to me.

I had FS1 delivered a couple of weeks ago and an really happy with it, around 4kg of minis, the Dragon is huge.

Price point was cheaper than the material cost of resin prints (possibly similar with careful print hollowing).

The simpler generic sculpt designs are making them really easy to paint too - I'm doing them in batches of 5, contrast and quick highlight takes about 90 minutes per batch.

With the heroes, they'll get done when I need them for a game, 20 of them are getting nicer paintjobs for use as frostgrave warbands.

Material used is good stuff, details sharp, quite hard, not much in the way of bent/misshapen parts.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/10/01 21:44:41


 
   
Made in de
Axis & Allies Player






 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:
Wow are those generic.


Wonderfully so. I love it. They will fit so well in so many settings.

Rick, the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/ 
   
Made in pl
Tunneling Trygon





 Grumpy Gnome wrote:
 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:
Wow are those generic.


Wonderfully so. I love it. They will fit so well in so many settings.

Exactly. Although I personally have no interest in PVC minis (HIPs only for me) I can see why these shown would be appealing to so many people. Majority of games would be great with any of them, especially solo/co-op ones that are often setting/mini agnostic.
   
Made in si
Ravenous Beast Form







So generic that this is the first time I passed up a good deal on a crate of minis. Might be good if you're just starting out I guess.

Posters on ignore list: 34

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here
   
Made in us
Incorporating Wet-Blending






 lord_blackfang wrote:
So generic that this is the first time I passed up a good deal on a crate of minis. Might be good if you're just starting out I guess.


Yep! And there have been (at least) two other staple generic fantasy miniatures KS lately, by Next Level Miniatures and Juergorama. Plus, Archon has some sort of miniatures with its terrain KS. The more entry points into the hobby, the better, since some new backers today of these bulk miniatures will later move on towards the smaller niche miniature lines. Keep expanding the hobby!

Credit goes to Goobertown for his Contrast paint mix!

Half acrylic ink
Half matte medium
A little flow aid

And, yes, you can add water to it and use it as a wash. See Les Bursley's wash. 
   
Made in pl
Tunneling Trygon





Could some nice KS backer ask the creators what is the maximum number of the enemies you could face in various scenarios? I assume it is 5 (because the demo, and that their minis come in packs of 5) but would like to be sure.
   
Made in us
Incorporating Wet-Blending






 Shadow Walker wrote:
Could some nice KS backer ask the creators what is the maximum number of the enemies you could face in various scenarios? I assume it is 5 (because the demo, and that their minis come in packs of 5) but would like to be sure.


Okay, now I'm curious...

I checked the demo, and the demo scenario first tells you how many Adversaries you have. Adversaries start in Play and in the Reserve Pool. During the player's turn, roll 1d6 for each Minion in the Reserve Pool and check the die result against its Spawn value. If the die roll matches or exceeds this value, the Minion returns to play. That's the gist and an adventure can have additional monsters and rules.

So the maximum value is specified by the scenario (eg. against two Heroes, 3 Skeleton Warriors start in play, and 1 Banshee is in Reserve). Only if the adventure somehow calls for more miniatures than you have, then you run out of miniatures. Of course, we expect BLG to make sure their adventures (including randomly generated ones) call for no more miniatures than in their FS miniature sets!

Credit goes to Goobertown for his Contrast paint mix!

Half acrylic ink
Half matte medium
A little flow aid

And, yes, you can add water to it and use it as a wash. See Les Bursley's wash. 
   
Made in pl
Tunneling Trygon





 ced1106 wrote:
 Shadow Walker wrote:
Could some nice KS backer ask the creators what is the maximum number of the enemies you could face in various scenarios? I assume it is 5 (because the demo, and that their minis come in packs of 5) but would like to be sure.


Okay, now I'm curious...

I checked the demo, and the demo scenario first tells you how many Adversaries you have. Adversaries start in Play and in the Reserve Pool. During the player's turn, roll 1d6 for each Minion in the Reserve Pool and check the die result against its Spawn value. If the die roll matches or exceeds this value, the Minion returns to play. That's the gist and an adventure can have additional monsters and rules.

So the maximum value is specified by the scenario (eg. against two Heroes, 3 Skeleton Warriors start in play, and 1 Banshee is in Reserve). Only if the adventure somehow calls for more miniatures than you have, then you run out of miniatures. Of course, we expect BLG to make sure their adventures (including randomly generated ones) call for no more miniatures than in their FS miniature sets!

Yeah, the enemies numbers change depending on number of heroes, and the spawning mechanism reuses them so it is very probable that the starting number (depending of number of heroes) will not increase. Still it is a demo, and I would like to be sure that I have the minis needed for the maximum cap of enemies, be it 5 or whatever. I ask also because in the pages of the book posted by me on the previous page, it is mentioned that the civilians number (unless otherwise instructed by the scenario) is d6 + 1, so it could be 7, which changes the supposed max 5 cap.
   
Made in gb
Pious Warrior Priest




UK

There's quite a few civilian minis in there, FS1 has bartender, street vendor and constable in addition to the extra stuff in FS2.

I think they broadly have the races down and each KS adds more variants, like how FS2 added lots of archers and boss miniatures.

So, certain games might end up with 15 kobolds (3 different types) and a boss kobold, for example.
   
Made in pl
Tunneling Trygon





More renders
[Thumb - 170f56d6838c66c3023466a86c23c974_original.jpg]

[Thumb - 1b32010debc5ce3291e7b5e442a04deb_original.jpg]

[Thumb - 837c5dbaaf21976c04426f6ca9bdec98_original.jpg]

[Thumb - bf8152897ece7cdea2fe7bff527367a8_original.jpg]

[Thumb - 549da9ef8df19ad8f51c3b21c42fb426_original.jpg]

[Thumb - c63856f4c58ac69faba4bcd7925e477d_original.jpg]

[Thumb - 2087df0d7edbe00744e0179e08af5531_original.jpg]

   
Made in de
Axis & Allies Player






The hat on the Dwarf Bard does not look quite right. It looks like it is sitting “perched” on top of his head rather than being actually worn on his head. Like a plastic kitbash done in a rush.

Rick, the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/ 
   
Made in pl
Tunneling Trygon





 Grumpy Gnome wrote:
The hat on the Dwarf Bard does not look quite right. It looks like it is sitting “perched” on top of his head rather than being actually worn on his head. Like a plastic kitbash done in a rush.

And his drum should be inversely.
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




Germany

 Shadow Walker wrote:
 Grumpy Gnome wrote:
The hat on the Dwarf Bard does not look quite right. It looks like it is sitting “perched” on top of his head rather than being actually worn on his head. Like a plastic kitbash done in a rush.

And his drum should be inversely.



Clearly, it's a mini of an absolutely hammered Dwarf Bard at a party.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2021/10/28 14:59:43


"Tabletop games are the only setting when a body is made more horrifying for NOT being chopped into smaller pieces."
- Jiado 
   
Made in de
Axis & Allies Player






 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:
 Shadow Walker wrote:
 Grumpy Gnome wrote:
The hat on the Dwarf Bard does not look quite right. It looks like it is sitting “perched” on top of his head rather than being actually worn on his head. Like a plastic kitbash done in a rush.

And his drum should be inversely.



Clearly, it's a mini of an absolutely hammered Dwarf Bard at a party.


Good call mate!

Rick, the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/ 
   
Made in pl
Tunneling Trygon





Some new renders:
[Thumb - 35722f5245088db2ee36d6ed88f6726b_original.jpg]

[Thumb - 4227a9d5717c84e39d5f9b98eef79062_original.jpg]

[Thumb - 744c4fad42bb74e40e4c3931cec17f53_original.jpg]

[Thumb - 16aaa3308c676685bbb30ea080acda52_original.jpg]

[Thumb - 4598363fa2fe6d6546cd2fc603bffece_original.jpg]

   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: