Switch Theme:

Errata for Chapter Approved 2019?  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Pulsating Possessed Chaos Marine



The dark hollows of Kentucky

AngryAngel80 wrote:
Gadzilla666 wrote:
Martel732 wrote:
Gadzilla666 wrote:
Martel732 wrote:
Gadzilla666 wrote:
Martel732 wrote:
Hopefully enough to can FW.

What is your problem with fw? If you don't like the models, fine, but don't force your bad taste on others. If other players want to use fw they should be free to.

Is it because it's something else that makes it hard for you to win with your army of boring cannibals?


No, just sick of their units in general.

Gee that's a nuanced answer. Sick of how they look? Their rules? The fact that it's something else, along with hordes and not getting two victory points for every gretchin you kill that prevents you from winning?

And if you are sick of them how does that justify removing them as an option for everyone else?


No, most of its not too hard to beat.

You still haven't answered the question as to why you think fw should be removed other than yourself not liking the units.

I don't like Blood Angels. That doesn't make me want them removed from the game. It just makes me enjoy killing them more.


He has no answer and further will say they should remove blood angels. Just wait and see.

Yup you called it. Don't know about you but I think I might smell a troll.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




Yes but that won't happen as they keep adding more. As well, as has been said, still seems awful sad to want something removed because you don't like it. I mean maybe you see FW every where, I rarely see FW but wouldn't want it gone as it hardly factors into a concern but makes some people happy.

So aside from disliking other people taking things you don't like or feel a need for, guess FW is ok.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Gadzilla666 wrote:
AngryAngel80 wrote:
Gadzilla666 wrote:
Martel732 wrote:
Gadzilla666 wrote:
Martel732 wrote:
Gadzilla666 wrote:
Martel732 wrote:
Hopefully enough to can FW.

What is your problem with fw? If you don't like the models, fine, but don't force your bad taste on others. If other players want to use fw they should be free to.

Is it because it's something else that makes it hard for you to win with your army of boring cannibals?


No, just sick of their units in general.

Gee that's a nuanced answer. Sick of how they look? Their rules? The fact that it's something else, along with hordes and not getting two victory points for every gretchin you kill that prevents you from winning?

And if you are sick of them how does that justify removing them as an option for everyone else?


No, most of its not too hard to beat.

You still haven't answered the question as to why you think fw should be removed other than yourself not liking the units.

I don't like Blood Angels. That doesn't make me want them removed from the game. It just makes me enjoy killing them more.


He has no answer and further will say they should remove blood angels. Just wait and see.

Yup you called it. Don't know about you but I think I might smell a troll.


I don't think he's a troll, he's just a really niche case of someone who hates all aspects of the game but can't let go of it.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/02/09 05:43:01


 
   
Made in us
Locked in the Tower of Amareo




As I said, marines don't need 82 dreadnoughts. And the game needs fewer choices. I'm not a troll; these are my positions.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




Martel732 wrote:
As I said, marines don't need 82 dreadnoughts. And the game needs fewer choices. I'm not a troll; these are my positions.


Just for the knowledge what do you like of the game ? As you don't like options, and FW is more than dreads but lets not let that get in the way of a good hate. I recall you disliking dice as it's too random.

So what do you like of the game ?
   
Made in us
Pulsating Possessed Chaos Marine



The dark hollows of Kentucky

AngryAngel80 wrote:
Yes but that won't happen as they keep adding more. As well, as has been said, still seems awful sad to want something removed because you don't like it. I mean maybe you see FW every where, I rarely see FW but wouldn't want it gone as it hardly factors into a concern but makes some people happy.

So aside from disliking other people taking things you don't like or feel a need for, guess FW is ok.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Gadzilla666 wrote:
AngryAngel80 wrote:
Gadzilla666 wrote:
Martel732 wrote:
Gadzilla666 wrote:
Martel732 wrote:
Gadzilla666 wrote:
Martel732 wrote:
Hopefully enough to can FW.

What is your problem with fw? If you don't like the models, fine, but don't force your bad taste on others. If other players want to use fw they should be free to.

Is it because it's something else that makes it hard for you to win with your army of boring cannibals?


No, just sick of their units in general.

Gee that's a nuanced answer. Sick of how they look? Their rules? The fact that it's something else, along with hordes and not getting two victory points for every gretchin you kill that prevents you from winning?

And if you are sick of them how does that justify removing them as an option for everyone else?


No, most of its not too hard to beat.

You still haven't answered the question as to why you think fw should be removed other than yourself not liking the units.

I don't like Blood Angels. That doesn't make me want them removed from the game. It just makes me enjoy killing them more.


He has no answer and further will say they should remove blood angels. Just wait and see.

Yup you called it. Don't know about you but I think I might smell a troll.


I don't think he's a troll, he's just a really niche case of someone who hates all aspects of the game but can't let go of it.

Ah. So basically a Star Wars fan. Or someone who keeps buying new Metallica albums hoping they won't continue sounding like sellouts.
   
Made in us
Locked in the Tower of Amareo




Fine get rid of the marine FW units and we'll call it a day. If I never see another leviathan, it will be too soon.

I suppose I don't like much like anything about this game anymore now that you mention it.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/02/09 05:53:52


 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




Gadzilla666 wrote:
AngryAngel80 wrote:
Yes but that won't happen as they keep adding more. As well, as has been said, still seems awful sad to want something removed because you don't like it. I mean maybe you see FW every where, I rarely see FW but wouldn't want it gone as it hardly factors into a concern but makes some people happy.

So aside from disliking other people taking things you don't like or feel a need for, guess FW is ok.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Gadzilla666 wrote:
AngryAngel80 wrote:
Gadzilla666 wrote:
Martel732 wrote:
Gadzilla666 wrote:
Martel732 wrote:
Gadzilla666 wrote:
Martel732 wrote:
Hopefully enough to can FW.

What is your problem with fw? If you don't like the models, fine, but don't force your bad taste on others. If other players want to use fw they should be free to.

Is it because it's something else that makes it hard for you to win with your army of boring cannibals?


No, just sick of their units in general.

Gee that's a nuanced answer. Sick of how they look? Their rules? The fact that it's something else, along with hordes and not getting two victory points for every gretchin you kill that prevents you from winning?

And if you are sick of them how does that justify removing them as an option for everyone else?


No, most of its not too hard to beat.

You still haven't answered the question as to why you think fw should be removed other than yourself not liking the units.

I don't like Blood Angels. That doesn't make me want them removed from the game. It just makes me enjoy killing them more.


He has no answer and further will say they should remove blood angels. Just wait and see.

Yup you called it. Don't know about you but I think I might smell a troll.


I don't think he's a troll, he's just a really niche case of someone who hates all aspects of the game but can't let go of it.

Ah. So basically a Star Wars fan. Or someone who keeps buying new Metallica albums hoping they won't continue sounding like sellouts.


Sort of, but some of them eventually know what it was is gone and move on content in the past that they loved and not the future they don't love.
   
Made in nz
[MOD]
Villanous Scum






What does any of this have to do with an errata for CA19?

On parle toujours mal quand on n'a rien à dire.
Keeping the flame of Babylon 5 A Call to Arms alive, check it out;
Babylon 5 ACTA campaign log
Babylon 5 ACTA Painting log
Backfire wrote:
Nobody kills his dad and participates in genocide just for cosplay.
 
   
Made in us
Locked in the Tower of Amareo




An errata that trashcans FW maybe?
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

 ingtaer wrote:
What does any of this have to do with an errata for CA19?
It's indicative of the frustration we all feel waiting for the blasted FAQ.

   
Made in nz
[MOD]
Villanous Scum






 H.B.M.C. wrote:
 ingtaer wrote:
What does any of this have to do with an errata for CA19?
It's indicative of the frustration we all feel waiting for the blasted FAQ.


Can we not just paint some toys or play some games with them instead of dragging this thread off on tangents? I was pretty sure that I read somewhere that staying on topic was a rule.

On parle toujours mal quand on n'a rien à dire.
Keeping the flame of Babylon 5 A Call to Arms alive, check it out;
Babylon 5 ACTA campaign log
Babylon 5 ACTA Painting log
Backfire wrote:
Nobody kills his dad and participates in genocide just for cosplay.
 
   
Made in us
Pulsating Possessed Chaos Marine



The dark hollows of Kentucky

 H.B.M.C. wrote:
 ingtaer wrote:
What does any of this have to do with an errata for CA19?
It's indicative of the frustration we all feel waiting for the blasted FAQ.

Yeah it all started with me venting about the fact that the wait for the faq is creating expectations that it will address more than it probably will, eg on my part, fixing fw points for the hellforged super heavys.
   
Made in us
Locked in the Tower of Amareo




I thought GW priced a bunch of FW out of the game on purpose.
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

That makes no sense.

Plus Hanlon's Razor.

   
Made in us
Pulsating Possessed Chaos Marine



The dark hollows of Kentucky

Martel732 wrote:
I thought GW priced a bunch of FW out of the game on purpose.

*Sigh* Yes but that purpose was simply that they didn't want/have the time to balance them. A fellblade is simply a baneblade with a better stat line and a different set of weaponry. Not really hard to balance.

It should have been properly balanced in the new ca, and the extreme delay in the faq led me to believe that maybe gw was addressing such fw models. The announcement of the new fw books pretty much puts the kibosh on that theory.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 H.B.M.C. wrote:
That makes no sense.

Plus Hanlon's Razor.

Lazy sometimes works just as well as ignorance as an explanation.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/02/09 06:29:47


 
   
Made in us
Locked in the Tower of Amareo




Everything is hard for GW to balance. That's my problem with so many extra weirdo units on top of all the other crap that's wrong.
   
Made in us
Pulsating Possessed Chaos Marine



The dark hollows of Kentucky

Martel732 wrote:
Everything is hard for GW to balance. That's my problem with so many extra weirdo units on top of all the other crap that's wrong.

No everything isn't. A fellblade is basically a tougher baneblade with better shooting and a different main gun. How many baneblade variants are there? Gw doesn't have a problem balancing those. An astreus is way different and they addressed it in ca2019.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut



NE Ohio, USA

Martel732 wrote:
As I said, marines don't need 82 dreadnoughts. And the game needs fewer choices. I'm not a troll; these are my positions.


As a player who enjoys finally being able to play an all dreadnought army thanks to 8th ed? I disagree with you.

The more variations & types of dreads GW/FW produce, the better. It means I can vary my force game to game - not to win, not for some advantage, but simply for varieties sake.
I've got RT era dreads, 2e+ metal dreads, plastic dreads, vet dreads, furiosos, all arm/weapon combos magnitized, contemptors, relic contemptors, deredeos, a leviatan, chaplains, several different characters, a tellimon sitting on the work bench.... Even one of those Primaris ones (I've not been impressed with it vs my others. But I like it's style.). & if I've forgotten a variety, assume I have it too.
So by all means GW, bring on some more dreads!

   
Made in us
Locked in the Tower of Amareo




I don't enjoy such a silly army being viable. But whatever GW.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut



NE Ohio, USA

Martel732 wrote:
I suppose I don't like much like anything about this game anymore now that you mention it.


Then you should exit quietly for awhile.

Don't sell off your models, just put them in storage. Walk away & try some other games/hobbies. In a year or three or five? Check back.
   
Made in de
Waaagh! Ork Warboss on Warbike





ccs wrote:
Martel732 wrote:
As I said, marines don't need 82 dreadnoughts. And the game needs fewer choices. I'm not a troll; these are my positions.


As a player who enjoys finally being able to play an all dreadnought army thanks to 8th ed? I disagree with you.

The more variations & types of dreads GW/FW produce, the better. It means I can vary my force game to game - not to win, not for some advantage, but simply for varieties sake.
I've got RT era dreads, 2e+ metal dreads, plastic dreads, vet dreads, furiosos, all arm/weapon combos magnitized, contemptors, relic contemptors, deredeos, a leviatan, chaplains, several different characters, a tellimon sitting on the work bench.... Even one of those Primaris ones (I've not been impressed with it vs my others. But I like it's style.). & if I've forgotten a variety, assume I have it too.
So by all means GW, bring on some more dreads!



My personal issue with FW dreads is that they are way better than the regular options and thus push those out of the game. I haven't seen anyone picking ironclads, venerable or regular dreads or even the new redemptor over deredro and leviathan for game reasons in a long time.

 Daedalus81 wrote:
SemperMortis wrote:
Yes, because everyone lines up on the deployment line when facing off against orkz, especially when said orkz are fielding 3 Bonebreakers...which rely exclusively on getting into CC to inflict any kind of actual harm. All of your arguments rely upon your opponent being a brain dead muppet who just lets you maul him.


Yea...that's called board control.
 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut



NE Ohio, USA

Martel732 wrote:
I don't enjoy such a silly army being viable. But whatever GW.


Oh the genesis of my wanting to play an all dread force is backed up in the fluff. Way back in 3rd (or was it early 4th?) there was a story in either WD or that eras CA about a force of 9 dreads holding the field. Sweet! Dreads are one of my favorite models. And a 9 dread force is really easy to paint up & transport. Unfortunately the official rules of the day wouldn't accommodate that. So I've been waiting along time.

And if my dreadforce is viable? So are your choppy BA.
   
Made in at
Regular Dakkanaut




They should make more general/abstract datasheets for dreads and terminators and maybe even some of the other units there are FW/HH options for so you can use any dread chassi you want but there are only rules for like 3 different versions instead of the 10 or so we have now. Then they can make everything viable and also have great variation in looks. People buy FW for the looks mostly except some rare cases for power but those are as often chinacast anyway.

I love the old dread models with 1 melee weapon and 1 ranged weapon but they are quite bad and you dont see them often anymore since mortis, contemptor, leviathan, redemptor and invictor are just superior in every way except for the character variants. But they are only taken because you cant target them with shooting, not because they are actually good at advancing up the board and fight in melee from their own stats and rules. Its only the character Keyword that is good for the points.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/02/09 07:57:54


 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




I mean I have plenty of army builds I find silly and don't enjoy, but wanting all of a certain thing gone because it's not my thing seems a bit poor taste eh ? As well FW is more than just dreads you realize.

I'll say I used to run a heavy dread force back in 4th ed as you could run an iron hands like list with a master of the forge commander and then use dreads in elites and heavy support and I'm one of the people who did. So you could say I like my dreads and have some in near every marine army I have, which is a few.
   
Made in us
Pulsating Possessed Chaos Marine



The dark hollows of Kentucky

Klickor wrote:
They should make more general/abstract datasheets for dreads and terminators and maybe even some of the other units there are FW/HH options for so you can use any dread chassi you want but there are only rules for like 3 different versions instead of the 10 or so we have now. Then they can make everything viable and also have great variation in looks. People buy FW for the looks mostly except some rare cases for power but those are as often chinacast anyway.

I love the old dread models with 1 melee weapon and 1 ranged weapon but they are quite bad and you dont see them often anymore since mortis, contemptor, leviathan, redemptor and invictor are just superior in every way except for the character variants. But they are only taken because you cant target them with shooting, not because they are actually good at advancing up the board and fight in melee from their own stats and rules. Its only the character Keyword that is good for the points.

Ok, suppose gw does that. Should they do that for other families of units? There are 8 baneblade variants in the Astra Militarum codex alone, not counting fw models. Should those be reduced? What about the seven variants of leman russ? Daemon engines?
   
Made in gb
Dive-Bombin' Fighta-Bomba Pilot






This is off topic still despite a mod warning. Make a new thread to discuss FW. Did the correct points for GSC Neophytes not drop with the latest PA? So the errata is still required?

Perhaps they’re saving it for the March FAQ, in that case? Maybe the changes are more significant than previously expected.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




No point costs, yet I didn't expect the point costs in it as that would mean they would have known they screwed up CA from way back and not saying anything would have been crazy.

Errata still needed, and if they are saving it for March, I just shake my head it took them so long to get around to it and if its such a huge fix needed why would they even charge for such a broken product ? I hear the missions half of the book is cool but why not half the price and just make the point changes free, I'd be thrilled with that if the missions/game half of the release is always quality they'll still sell well.
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran






Ah; two weeks, four months - is there really any difference?
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut




 Jidmah wrote:
ccs wrote:
Martel732 wrote:
As I said, marines don't need 82 dreadnoughts. And the game needs fewer choices. I'm not a troll; these are my positions.


As a player who enjoys finally being able to play an all dreadnought army thanks to 8th ed? I disagree with you.

The more variations & types of dreads GW/FW produce, the better. It means I can vary my force game to game - not to win, not for some advantage, but simply for varieties sake.
I've got RT era dreads, 2e+ metal dreads, plastic dreads, vet dreads, furiosos, all arm/weapon combos magnitized, contemptors, relic contemptors, deredeos, a leviatan, chaplains, several different characters, a tellimon sitting on the work bench.... Even one of those Primaris ones (I've not been impressed with it vs my others. But I like it's style.). & if I've forgotten a variety, assume I have it too.
So by all means GW, bring on some more dreads!



My personal issue with FW dreads is that they are way better than the regular options and thus push those out of the game. I haven't seen anyone picking ironclads, venerable or regular dreads or even the new redemptor over deredro and leviathan for game reasons in a long time.

Ven Dreads see use here and there, but is the real issue that FW Dreads are too good, or that the codex Dreads are overall garbage? It's always been the latter. Take their Relic Contemptors for example. If you want a melee Dread, the last thing you want is a degrading movement. Guess what the melee centric Codex Contemtor and Primaris Dread lose as they lose wounds? Movement!

CaptainStabby wrote:
If Tyberos falls and needs to catch himself it's because the ground needed killing.

 jy2 wrote:
BTW, I can't wait to run Double-D-thirsters! Man, just thinking about it gets me Khorney.

 vipoid wrote:
Indeed - what sort of bastard would want to use their codex?

 MarsNZ wrote:
ITT: SoB players upset that they're receiving the same condescending treatment that they've doled out in every CSM thread ever.
 
   
Made in de
Waaagh! Ork Warboss on Warbike





It's a bit of both really.

 Daedalus81 wrote:
SemperMortis wrote:
Yes, because everyone lines up on the deployment line when facing off against orkz, especially when said orkz are fielding 3 Bonebreakers...which rely exclusively on getting into CC to inflict any kind of actual harm. All of your arguments rely upon your opponent being a brain dead muppet who just lets you maul him.


Yea...that's called board control.
 
   
 
Forum Index » 40K General Discussion
Go to: