Switch Theme:

Adepta Sororitas Codex Rumors  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut




yukishiro1 wrote:
Guilliman is absolutely a good guy and it's comical to see anyone try to seriously argue otherwise. Even on the rare occasions he does bad things, it's basically always for a good purpose. He stands out like a sore thumb in 40k for a reason, which was fine as a contrast as long as he never got more than a bit-part role, but is proving very problematic now that he's the main protagonist.

But is him sticking out like a sore thumb a problem? That contrast is good for interesting story telling compared to some of the God awful suggestions that I've seen here, like him just power grabbing for the sake of power grabbing.

CaptainStabby wrote:
If Tyberos falls and needs to catch himself it's because the ground needed killing.

 jy2 wrote:
BTW, I can't wait to run Double-D-thirsters! Man, just thinking about it gets me Khorney.

 vipoid wrote:
Indeed - what sort of bastard would want to use their codex?

 MarsNZ wrote:
ITT: SoB players upset that they're receiving the same condescending treatment that they've doled out in every CSM thread ever.
 
   
Made in ca
Stormin' Stompa






Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
yukishiro1 wrote:
Guilliman is absolutely a good guy and it's comical to see anyone try to seriously argue otherwise. Even on the rare occasions he does bad things, it's basically always for a good purpose. He stands out like a sore thumb in 40k for a reason, which was fine as a contrast as long as he never got more than a bit-part role, but is proving very problematic now that he's the main protagonist.

But is him sticking out like a sore thumb a problem? That contrast is good for interesting story telling compared to some of the God awful suggestions that I've seen here, like him just power grabbing for the sake of power grabbing.


Gotta agree. Imperium Secundus already happened, it would be retreading on ground that's been done before, it would be terribly boring for him to just "NOPE" and run off to Ultramar to empire build.
   
Made in us
Blessed Living Saint




On the Internet

We could argue that Guilliman's efforts now are to make up for his mistakes duting the Heresy, though only time will tell how well that plays out.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
yukishiro1 wrote:
Guilliman is absolutely a good guy and it's comical to see anyone try to seriously argue otherwise. Even on the rare occasions he does bad things, it's basically always for a good purpose. He stands out like a sore thumb in 40k for a reason, which was fine as a contrast as long as he never got more than a bit-part role, but is proving very problematic now that he's the main protagonist.

But is him sticking out like a sore thumb a problem? That contrast is good for interesting story telling compared to some of the God awful suggestions that I've seen here, like him just power grabbing for the sake of power grabbing.


As I said, it's not a problem except when he's the big boss of everything. Then he stops being the contrast and starts to become the norm - see how they have rewritten things via him to have the Imperium not to have been so bad in the "good old days" and to place the blame for its current state more on bad bureaucrats than on fundamental rottenness.

A grimdark setting has trouble surviving a supreme leader who is an unambiguous good guy.
   
Made in us
Blessed Living Saint




On the Internet

Horus Heresy book series still exists and we hear plenty of talk about how much they crushed things back then. If it's presented differently in 40k that'd likely be the 10k years of romantization about the Great Crusade and the Imperium teaching only history that makes them look good at play.

I mean we know that both history and the calendar system is such a mess that Guilliman is trying to collate and write a more balanced account of the actual history of the Imperium to fix it, while hiding the Imperium Secondus events from everyone.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/05/13 20:11:32


 
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut





 ClockworkZion wrote:
I mean we know that both history and the calendar system is such a mess that Guilliman is trying to collate and write a more balanced account of the actual history of the Imperium to fix it, while hiding the Imperium Secondus events from everyone.

On a side note, I still don't get idiocy of some people bashing him for IS. When you're cut off from your capital by enemy aggression, first task of sane military force is establishing command, defence and governance of territory they still posses before doing anything else. It's like bashing Free French during WW2 or various Allied forces from Indochina to Philippines after Japanese attack cut them off from the metropolises for taking control over their provinces, or that western bit of Belgium during WW1 that pretty much established 'Belgium Secundus'. GW really should stop putting dumb bits meant to appease loudly screeching tiny minority into the lore (see especially stupid take on Codex in Ventris books)
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




The whole thing with that is that it was a perfectly rational and understandable and sensible thing to do...but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be viewed as treasonous, because the Imperium is not a rational, sensible institution. This goes back to the original portrayal of the Imperium as fundamentally flawed from the very beginning. Throughout the period leading up to the heresy, the Emperor repeatedly makes poor decisions, rewarding the blindly loyal but incompetent, while punishing the intelligent and proactive but free-thinking. The very fact that Guilliman did nothing wrong and yet has to cover it up - just as Magnus did nothing wrong, and would have nipped the Heresy in the bud before it even started if the Emperor hadn't been an idiot whose pride outweighed his wisdom - is an illustration of how the Imperium is not run in ways that make sense or produce good governance.

Guilliman in HH is a great character; it's in 40k where he's become a problem, because of how he has been misuesed.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/05/13 23:43:58


 
   
Made in us
Blessed Living Saint




On the Internet

yukishiro1 wrote:
The whole thing with that is that it was a perfectly rational and understandable and sensible thing to do...but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be viewed as treasonous, because the Imperium is not a rational, sensible institution. This goes back to the original portrayal of the Imperium as fundamentally flawed from the very beginning. Throughout the period leading up to the heresy, the Emperor repeatedly makes poor decisions, rewarding the blindly loyal but incompetent, while punishing the intelligent and proactive but free-thinking. The very fact that Guilliman did nothing wrong and yet has to cover it up - just as Magnus did nothing wrong, and would have nipped the Heresy in the bud before it even started if the Emperor hadn't been an idiot whose pride outweighed his wisdom - is an illustration of how the Imperium is not run in ways that make sense or produce good governance.

Guilliman in HH is a great character; it's in 40k where he's become a problem, because of how he has been misuesed.

I don't agree he's being misused, but that's mostly because I think his BL appearances have done a good bit of work to show where he's weak. Even if he presents himself as a glowing beacon of hope for the Imperium he knows he's not. He's forced to live in his armour just to stay alive (though he's trying to wean himself off it), he's post human nigh-immortality hasn't stopped him from aging from the stress, he can't sleep, and even with the Indomitus Crusade being a smashing PR success, it can't be everywhere to handle everything. It's not plugging holes in a dam, it's trying to stop the dam from collapsing after it's already started to come down. We know it ends with him declaring it a "success" but knowing he's lying since his efforts have been more like tossing a cup of water into a burning building. Plus he can't even attempt to reinstate the Imperial Truth thanks to the Ministorum being the nut jobs they are.

In the codex level summaries we get I can get that we don't dig into his weaknesses the same way since those books focus on very simplistic summaries, and only making those inside look like they're the winningest ever, but through the BL at least GW has been trying to balance Guilliman's status and demigod nature with limitations and weaknesses that make sense.
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut




 ClockworkZion wrote:
yukishiro1 wrote:
The whole thing with that is that it was a perfectly rational and understandable and sensible thing to do...but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be viewed as treasonous, because the Imperium is not a rational, sensible institution. This goes back to the original portrayal of the Imperium as fundamentally flawed from the very beginning. Throughout the period leading up to the heresy, the Emperor repeatedly makes poor decisions, rewarding the blindly loyal but incompetent, while punishing the intelligent and proactive but free-thinking. The very fact that Guilliman did nothing wrong and yet has to cover it up - just as Magnus did nothing wrong, and would have nipped the Heresy in the bud before it even started if the Emperor hadn't been an idiot whose pride outweighed his wisdom - is an illustration of how the Imperium is not run in ways that make sense or produce good governance.

Guilliman in HH is a great character; it's in 40k where he's become a problem, because of how he has been misuesed.

I don't agree he's being misused, but that's mostly because I think his BL appearances have done a good bit of work to show where he's weak. Even if he presents himself as a glowing beacon of hope for the Imperium he knows he's not. He's forced to live in his armour just to stay alive (though he's trying to wean himself off it), he's post human nigh-immortality hasn't stopped him from aging from the stress, he can't sleep, and even with the Indomitus Crusade being a smashing PR success, it can't be everywhere to handle everything. It's not plugging holes in a dam, it's trying to stop the dam from collapsing after it's already started to come down. We know it ends with him declaring it a "success" but knowing he's lying since his efforts have been more like tossing a cup of water into a burning building. Plus he can't even attempt to reinstate the Imperial Truth thanks to the Ministorum being the nut jobs they are.

In the codex level summaries we get I can get that we don't dig into his weaknesses the same way since those books focus on very simplistic summaries, and only making those inside look like they're the winningest ever, but through the BL at least GW has been trying to balance Guilliman's status and demigod nature with limitations and weaknesses that make sense.

Bingo. I find a lot of the complaints with Cawl as well come from this 1d4chan hyperbole and mere codex entries.

CaptainStabby wrote:
If Tyberos falls and needs to catch himself it's because the ground needed killing.

 jy2 wrote:
BTW, I can't wait to run Double-D-thirsters! Man, just thinking about it gets me Khorney.

 vipoid wrote:
Indeed - what sort of bastard would want to use their codex?

 MarsNZ wrote:
ITT: SoB players upset that they're receiving the same condescending treatment that they've doled out in every CSM thread ever.
 
   
Made in us
Confessor Of Sins




Tacoma, WA, USA

 ClockworkZion wrote:
Speaking of Sisters, when are we expecting them? Late May before GW drops AoS 3.0?
My guess would be:
May: AdMech
June: Adepta Sororitas Codex and releases
July: Age of Sigmar 3.0!
August: Beast Snaggas Ork Box
September: 40K Mystic Showdown Box and attending Codexes
October: Codex Orks and releases

But I'm totally guessing
   
Made in us
Depraved Slaanesh Chaos Lord




Inside Yvraine

It's a "solipsist is literally incapable of comprehending that his viewpoint is subjective and arbitrary and not based on any sort of objectivity" episode ITT. My favorite rerun.

Nowhere in the definition of "grimdark" does it state that your setting may not have a conventionally good hero as its focus.

Nowhere in the definition of "grimdark" does it state that your setting may not have a conventionally good hero who occasionally makes progress in furthering their conventionally good goals.

Nowhere has it ever been stated that the pre-Heresy era was a morally pristine utopia. Anyone who has bothered to actually educate themselves even a little bit on the HH series will know that from day 1 the Great Crusade was presented as morally dubious. The GC era Imperium was the Golden Age of the Imperium, because it was the height of mankind's power projection in the galaxy and the height of its technological achievement. It being the golden age =\= some BIPOC utopia where everyone was happy and the government was benign and you had the freedom to do whatever you wanted whenever.

The argument that 40K isn't grimdark anymore because the Hero is a mostly good guy who espouses values from a less crappy time is Zack Snyder tier pseud drivel. A good man fighting desperately in a eternal stalemate against the torrent of gak is perfectly grimdark.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2021/05/14 04:34:59


 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





 alextroy wrote:
 ClockworkZion wrote:
Speaking of Sisters, when are we expecting them? Late May before GW drops AoS 3.0?
My guess would be:
May: AdMech
June: Adepta Sororitas Codex and releases
July: Age of Sigmar 3.0!
August: Beast Snaggas Ork Box
September: 40K Mystic Showdown Box and attending Codexes
October: Codex Orks and releases

But I'm totally guessing


I think that's actually too far out. Squash all of that by half.
May: The rest of Vampires and Admech
June: Sororitas leading into AoS 3.0
July: More AoS 3.0 and Beast Snaggas
August: 40k Mystic Showdown Box and attending Codexes.

Anywhere possible, GW is going to try to make up time, and generally they don't reveal things that are more than 2 months out. It'll all come down to how much they squish in around the next couple months.
   
Made in us
Blessed Living Saint




On the Internet

All I know is GW really should do the massive Ork launch with the codex and everything in October. And I don't mean pre-orders in October either.
   
Made in us
Terminator with Assault Cannon




San Jose, CA

 BlaxicanX wrote:
Spoiler:
It's a "solipsist is literally incapable of comprehending that his viewpoint is subjective and arbitrary and not based on any sort of objectivity" episode ITT. My favorite rerun.

Nowhere in the definition of "grimdark" does it state that your setting may not have a conventionally good hero as its focus.

Nowhere in the definition of "grimdark" does it state that your setting may not have a conventionally good hero who occasionally makes progress in furthering their conventionally good goals.

Nowhere has it ever been stated that the pre-Heresy era was a morally pristine utopia. Anyone who has bothered to actually educate themselves even a little bit on the HH series will know that from day 1 the Great Crusade was presented as morally dubious. The GC era Imperium was the Golden Age of the Imperium, because it was the height of mankind's power projection in the galaxy and the height of its technological achievement. It being the golden age =\= some BIPOC utopia where everyone was happy and the government was benign and you had the freedom to do whatever you wanted whenever.

The argument that 40K isn't grimdark anymore because the Hero is a mostly good guy who espouses values from a less crappy time is Zack Snyder tier pseud drivel. A good man fighting desperately in a eternal stalemate against the torrent of gak is perfectly grimdark.
Right, people get soooo focused on grimdark that they don't realize that grimdark needs something to be, well literally GRIM & DARK. How do you iterate that into a setting, by having something that no matter how bright and noble actions, their efforts are but a mere twig in the rapids of horrendous outcomes, both in the pursuit of "good" AND "evil".

He's the head honcho of the titanic and there are no lifeboats or perservers. The iceberg is literally the galaxy at large. And chaos is the water the ship is navigating thru.

If it's not chaos today, is perfidious Tau tomorrow, meddling Eldar next week, cocroach orks & nids/gsc in a fortnight....
   
Made in us
Blessed Living Saint




On the Internet

Racerguy180 wrote:
 BlaxicanX wrote:
Spoiler:
It's a "solipsist is literally incapable of comprehending that his viewpoint is subjective and arbitrary and not based on any sort of objectivity" episode ITT. My favorite rerun.

Nowhere in the definition of "grimdark" does it state that your setting may not have a conventionally good hero as its focus.

Nowhere in the definition of "grimdark" does it state that your setting may not have a conventionally good hero who occasionally makes progress in furthering their conventionally good goals.

Nowhere has it ever been stated that the pre-Heresy era was a morally pristine utopia. Anyone who has bothered to actually educate themselves even a little bit on the HH series will know that from day 1 the Great Crusade was presented as morally dubious. The GC era Imperium was the Golden Age of the Imperium, because it was the height of mankind's power projection in the galaxy and the height of its technological achievement. It being the golden age =\= some BIPOC utopia where everyone was happy and the government was benign and you had the freedom to do whatever you wanted whenever.

The argument that 40K isn't grimdark anymore because the Hero is a mostly good guy who espouses values from a less crappy time is Zack Snyder tier pseud drivel. A good man fighting desperately in a eternal stalemate against the torrent of gak is perfectly grimdark.
Right, people get soooo focused on grimdark that they don't realize that grimdark needs something to be, well literally GRIM & DARK. How do you iterate that into a setting, by having something that no matter how bright and noble actions, their efforts are but a mere twig in the rapids of horrendous outcomes, both in the pursuit of "good" AND "evil".

He's the head honcho of the titanic and there are no lifeboats or perservers. The iceberg is literally the galaxy at large. And chaos is the water the ship is navigating thru.

If it's not chaos today, is perfidious Tau tomorrow, meddling Eldar next week, cocroach orks & nids/gsc in a fortnight....

I mean he can't even get rid of the problems holding the Imperium back (like the religious fanaticism) and people insist he's some kind of perfect superman whose ruining the setting.
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka







yukishiro1 wrote:
The very fact that Guilliman did nothing wrong and yet has to cover it up - just as Magnus did nothing wrong, and would have nipped the Heresy in the bud before it even started if the Emperor hadn't been an idiot whose pride outweighed his wisdom - is an illustration of how the Imperium is not run in ways that make sense or produce good governance.


There's a massive difference between Guilliman (and Sanguinius, and the Lion) doing nothing wrong given the information at their disposal by creating Imperium Secundus, and Magnus - at best - doing wrong by blowing the Webway project up by accident, causing a Warp rift beneath the Imperial Palace.

Magnus did wrong, multiple times, and in his hubris was unable to see it - and his defenders are blinded to it too.

2021 Plog - Here we go again... - my fifth attempt at a Dakka PLOG

My [url=https://pileofpotential.com/dysartes]Pile of Potential[/url - updates ongoing...

Gamgee on Tau Players wrote:we all kill cats and sell our own families to the devil and eat live puppies.


 Kanluwen wrote:
This is, emphatically, why I will continue suggesting nuking Guard and starting over again. It's a legacy army that needs to be rebooted with a new focal point.

Confirmation of why no-one should listen to Kanluwen when it comes to the IG - he doesn't want the IG, he want's Kan's New Model Army... 
   
Made in au
Longtime Dakkanaut




 BlaxicanX wrote:
It's a "solipsist is literally incapable of comprehending that his viewpoint is subjective and arbitrary and not based on any sort of objectivity" episode ITT. My favorite rerun.

Nowhere in the definition of "grimdark" does it state that your setting may not have a conventionally good hero as its focus.

Nowhere in the definition of "grimdark" does it state that your setting may not have a conventionally good hero who occasionally makes progress in furthering their conventionally good goals.

Nowhere has it ever been stated that the pre-Heresy era was a morally pristine utopia. Anyone who has bothered to actually educate themselves even a little bit on the HH series will know that from day 1 the Great Crusade was presented as morally dubious. The GC era Imperium was the Golden Age of the Imperium, because it was the height of mankind's power projection in the galaxy and the height of its technological achievement. It being the golden age =\= some BIPOC utopia where everyone was happy and the government was benign and you had the freedom to do whatever you wanted whenever.

The argument that 40K isn't grimdark anymore because the Hero is a mostly good guy who espouses values from a less crappy time is Zack Snyder tier pseud drivel. A good man fighting desperately in a eternal stalemate against the torrent of gak is perfectly grimdark.


Thank you for summing it up and particularly the paragraph about the pre-Heresy Imperium. The Imperium was "great" as in powerful and the future at least seemed upbeat and optimistic (if you were pro-Imperium), not that the Imperium was morally good or a utopia. That apparent greatness and hopefulness where humanity seemed to be climbing the slope of recovery is what Guilliman is trying to recover rather than the crumbling Imperium of 40K where it is a bleeding colossus trying to staunch its bleeding and basically of trying to just beat back the next threat to live another day. Guilliman seems to at least view the idea of an Imperium as it was or could have been as better than the alternative of the Age of Strife, with petty warlords and small human states endlessly fighting each other. Obviously as one of the major players in the 30k Imperium, his POV may be biased as he would not have been subject to the negative aspects that the average person in 30k might have had to endure from the Imperium.

At least in Guilliman's own thoughts he justifies himself as fighting for humanity not necessarily just because the Emperor wants him to. So I can see a divergence in their goals. I also see the erosion of Guilliman as a theme as he makes more and more compromises, such as his initial tolerance of the Ecclesiarchy. He tries to justify it as avoiding a religious schism or civil war when the Imperium can least afford one, which may very well be true, but over time I can see this compromising and turning a blind eye happening more and more often, and each time seemingly reasonably justified, and this leading effectively to the indefinite postponement of critical reforms.

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at 2021/05/14 08:39:05


 
   
Made in us
Fixture of Dakka






Lancaster PA

 BlaxicanX wrote:
It's a "solipsist is literally incapable of comprehending that his viewpoint is subjective and arbitrary and not based on any sort of objectivity" episode ITT. My favorite rerun.


Just a heads up, you are misusing solipsist. Believing, or starting from the premise, that one's mind is the only thing one can be sure exists does not imply anything about objectivity of one's view points. If anything, it implies that any and all perceptions of things existing outside the mind are more likely to be arbitrary illusions simply because they suggest a world of objects and actors outside the mind, the very world whose existence is in doubt in the first place.
You might be thinking more of narcissist instead.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/05/14 13:35:12



Woad to WAR... on Celts blog, which is mostly Circle Orboros
"I'm sick of auto-penetrating attacks against my behind!" - Kungfuhustler 
   
Made in us
Confessor Of Sins




Tacoma, WA, USA

drbored wrote:
Spoiler:
 alextroy wrote:
 ClockworkZion wrote:
Speaking of Sisters, when are we expecting them? Late May before GW drops AoS 3.0?
My guess would be:
May: AdMech
June: Adepta Sororitas Codex and releases
July: Age of Sigmar 3.0!
August: Beast Snaggas Ork Box
September: 40K Mystic Showdown Box and attending Codexes
October: Codex Orks and releases

But I'm totally guessing
I think that's actually too far out. Squash all of that by half.
May: The rest of Vampires and Admech
June: Sororitas leading into AoS 3.0
July: More AoS 3.0 and Beast Snaggas
August: 40k Mystic Showdown Box and attending Codexes.

Anywhere possible, GW is going to try to make up time, and generally they don't reveal things that are more than 2 months out. It'll all come down to how much they squish in around the next couple months.
I'd agree, but until we see the backside of the pandemic, I'm not expecting releases that quickly. And that schedule doesn't leave a lot of space for releases for other games along with a 2 week pre-order window for AOS 3.0.

Still, anything can happen. It is pure speculation on both our parts. I hope you are more right than I am.
ClockworkZion wrote:All I know is GW really should do the massive Ork launch with the codex and everything in October. And I don't mean pre-orders in October either.
An actual Orktober launch! That would be a bold move on GW's part
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




 Dysartes wrote:
yukishiro1 wrote:
The very fact that Guilliman did nothing wrong and yet has to cover it up - just as Magnus did nothing wrong, and would have nipped the Heresy in the bud before it even started if the Emperor hadn't been an idiot whose pride outweighed his wisdom - is an illustration of how the Imperium is not run in ways that make sense or produce good governance.


There's a massive difference between Guilliman (and Sanguinius, and the Lion) doing nothing wrong given the information at their disposal by creating Imperium Secundus, and Magnus - at best - doing wrong by blowing the Webway project up by accident, causing a Warp rift beneath the Imperial Palace.

Magnus did wrong, multiple times, and in his hubris was unable to see it - and his defenders are blinded to it too.


Er, it's actually exactly the same. Magnus didn't know about the Webway project because the Emperor was too stupid to tell him, which again goes back to the Emperor being a terrible judge of character who created the Heresy himself by his terrible decisions.

The only thing Magnus did wrong was disobeying an unjust command that didn't make any sense in order to save the person who made that command. That the Emperor responded to it by punishing him for something that was the Emperor's own fault is the ultimate expression of why the Emperor was a terrible leader who created all his own problems and why the Imperium was fundamentally flawed from its inception.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/05/14 16:06:43


 
   
Made in us
Grim Dark Angels Interrogator-Chaplain






A Protoss colony world

SERIOUSLY GUYS STOP DERAILING THIS THREAD WITH TALK ABOUT WHETHER OR NOT ROBOUTE GUILLIMAN IS A GOOD GUY. GUILLIMAN IS NOT A SISTER OF BATTLE AND THUS SHOULD BE DISCUSSED ELSEWHERE.

I came into this thread to see if there was any news about the upcoming Sisters release and instead I find a multi-page wall of people quoting each other about who in 40k are the good guys and if there should be good guys and if Guilliman this or Guilliman that. Only reason I haven't hit the yellow triangle of friendship is because I'd hate for the mods to have to shut this thread down.

My opinion on the new Sisters units is that basically all of them are really cool models, but we really won't know whether any of them are good until we see their full points costs and rules. I'm hoping the Paragon Warsuits are good as I actually like the models, and I'll be picking up the Super Canoness lady regardless of competitive utility because her model is so damn cool.

My armies (re-counted and updated on 9/25/20, including modeled wargear options):
Dark Angels: ~16000 | Space Marines (Blood Ravens and others): ~900 | Space Wolves: ~3800
Astra Militarum: ~800 | Officio Assassinorum: ~600 | Imperial Knights: ~1300 | Sisters of Battle: ~1900
Check out my P&M Blogs: ZergSmasher's P&M Blog | Imperial Knights blog | Total models painted in 2020: 47 | Total models painted in 2021: 23 | Current main painting project: Ravenwing
 Mr_Rose wrote:
Who doesn’t love crazy mutant squawk-puppies? Eh? Nobody, that’s who.
 
   
Made in pl
Dakka Veteran




Germany

Agreed, Guilliman is an donkey-cave and i don't want him in my SoB thread.

Games Workshop are not your friends. They are not a small dev trying their best. They are a multibillion dollar company making calculated decisions about how many costs they can cut, how lazy they can be about relases, and how much they can paywall. They will do it again. Stop giving them money for this. 
   
Made in be
Longtime Dakkanaut





There's nothing much new to discuss about sisters so far, anyway. We'll have more articles on the new rules once they'll announce one sunday that the codex is on pre-order next week, most certainly.

Unless they kept a surprise (IMHO very unlikely), we've seen all the new miniatures for this release.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/05/17 22:58:24


 
   
Made in ca
Fresh-Faced New User





If the paragon suit covered the sister's arms I think it'd be a lot cooler. Would look less gangly.

It is nice that there are going to be some more HQ choices now, feels a lot better than having the Canoness squad.

Really looking forward to the Sacrosancts. Finally a place to get some maces too!
   
Made in us
Confessor Of Sins




Tacoma, WA, USA

Sarouan wrote:
There's nothing much new to discuss about sisters so far, anyway. We'll have more articles on the new rules once they'll announce one sunday that the codex is on pre-order next week, most certainly.

Unless they kept a surprise (IMHO very unlikely), we've seen all the new miniatures for this release.
We will almost certainly have a new Battle Sister Bulletin on Monday. They could show off more pics of models they have already revealed. They may toss in some rules tidbits. They may have something else up their sleeves. We shall see.
   
Made in us
Confessor Of Sins




Tacoma, WA, USA

New and Final Battle Sister Bulletin with sample of Hymns sung by a selection of models. Get ready to take the Dialogus off the shelf.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/05/24/the-adepta-sororitas-are-singing-their-way-to-galactic-domination-with-these-hymns-of-battle/
   
Made in be
Longtime Dakkanaut





 alextroy wrote:
New and Final Battle Sister Bulletin with sample of Hymns sung by a selection of models. Get ready to take the Dialogus off the shelf.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/05/24/the-adepta-sororitas-are-singing-their-way-to-galactic-domination-with-these-hymns-of-battle/


Not just her, the Dogmata and Missionary Priests will be able to use these hymns apparently.

But yes, the Dialogus is counted as a priest in the new codex. Sounds nice !

Guess that means our sister releases are very close now if they showcase rules...
   
Made in us
Confessor Of Sins




Tacoma, WA, USA

The next BSB would be June 7th if this wasn’t the last one. If we are lucky, that would be preview week instead with Preorder on June 12th and release on June 19th.
   
Made in us
Confessor Of Sins




 alextroy wrote:
New and Final Battle Sister Bulletin with sample of Hymns sung by a selection of models. Get ready to take the Dialogus off the shelf.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/05/24/the-adepta-sororitas-are-singing-their-way-to-galactic-domination-with-these-hymns-of-battle/


An incredibly fluffy rule for Sisters, even if I super hate the entire 'roll a 3 or be useless' mechanic of hymns/prayers/whatever.

2500pts
2500
3000


 
   
Made in au
Repentia Mistress




Hopefully some of them will be worth using

Do you know what 40k melee needs? #FreetheFlagellants

Learn all your rules back to front. Stop trying to do the same for every other army. 
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: