Switch Theme:

Adeptus Titanicus news and rumours - New Terrain pg 241  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Veteran Wolf Guard Squad Leader





 Mad Doc Grotsnik wrote:
I’d imagine we’ll start to get a whiff of newly new Titans once Doom of Molech is out. Because that book gives the existing Knights some loving, introducing further variety to people’s forces. And as we’ve seen a few of the other weapons, new Titans is pretty much all that they can go with.

They also need to release the missing Knight options like the Acheron and Castigator builds for the Cerastus kit, or carapace options for the Questoris kit.
Heck, just proper card terminals would be nice…

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/03/30 12:21:25


"Three months? I'm going to go crazy …and I'm taking you with me!"
— Vala Mal Doran
 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Mr_Rose wrote:
 Mad Doc Grotsnik wrote:
I’d imagine we’ll start to get a whiff of newly new Titans once Doom of Molech is out. Because that book gives the existing Knights some loving, introducing further variety to people’s forces. And as we’ve seen a few of the other weapons, new Titans is pretty much all that they can go with.

They also need to release the missing Knight options like the Acheron and Castigator builds for the Cerastus kit, or carapace options for the Questoris kit.
Heck, just proper card terminals would be nice…


They could probably fit a set of knight weapons plus 3 carapace mounts and set of cerastus weapons all on a clampack sized upgrade sprue, but resin is more likely.
   
Made in gb
Stealthy Warhound Titan Princeps





UK

Not sure if these were posted initially, but I thought I'd repost these here for those that have not seen 'em (courtesy of Atia from War of Sigmar):










Spoiler:



This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 2019/04/03 13:23:18


 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut




Was reading the "Notable engine wars" part of the AT rule book recently( I'm not one for fluff so I initially skimmed over it ) and the entry for "The Balthor Sigma Intervention" was very interesting...

In a nutshell, Legio Osedax are having a hard time with the World Eaters and their "super-heavy tank" chums. Then - this is pretty cool - some Eldar titans intervine and even the odds for the Loyalists. The traitors get reinforced by Legios Fureans and the "xenos titans" disappear in typical ninja-fashion. "Our work is done here" and all that cheesy gubbins.

Considering two events in this part of the book have already been made into expansion books - Beta-Garmon and Molech - could the series also include a book for Balthor Sigma too? Now, unlike suggesting that official tanks and eldar titans are on the cards, could it be that GW would instead suggest proxying in models - such as matchbox or corgi tanks and an Eldar Wraithlord to stand in for a Reaver titan - but using the standard terminals and just special rules? They've already gone this route for the giant reptiles in Doom of Molech, so maybe a Balthor Sigma expansion doesn't have to be too far away either...

Any thoughts?

Casual gamer, casual fun! 
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka






I doubt it. Part of the point of GW games is the models, so saying “just use any old crap that looks nothing like an Eldar vehicle” isn’t going to happen. Not every tiny reference is going to get a book.
   
Made in vn
Longtime Dakkanaut




Pretty sure that's not a Knight Errant, I also think whoever make these book think that's a Stormspear rocket pod.
   
Made in us
Novice Knight Errant Pilot




Oakland, CA

The dev team has said on multiple occasions that they still have years of Imperial material to do before they even think of Xenos.

While I dearly hope they get there eventually, I wouldn't hold your breath.
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut




 AndrewGPaul wrote:
I doubt it. Part of the point of GW games is the models, so saying “just use any old crap that looks nothing like an Eldar vehicle” isn’t going to happen. Not every tiny reference is going to get a book.


Well, I just noticed that and saw that they are already doing that with the giant reptiles - and those weren't even mentioned in the book. But then again you could be right, and it might not come to pass.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 schoon wrote:
The dev team has said on multiple occasions that they still have years of Imperial material to do before they even think of Xenos.

While I dearly hope they get there eventually, I wouldn't hold your breath.


Just to clarify, I hadn't suggested a xenos range but merely substitutes for a single mission that might feature in a future expansion, similar to what is already being suggested by GW( well, FW ) for DOM.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2019/04/06 10:12:28


Casual gamer, casual fun! 
   
Made in vn
Longtime Dakkanaut




https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/04/14/pre-order-preview-warbands-and-warlords-titans/

No new knights, the roof building look nice but eh.....
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut




Hmmm.

Maybe there will be a Forgeworld announcement tomorrow night for knight upgrades...

Casual gamer, casual fun! 
   
Made in gb
Princeps of the Emperor's Titan!






And the weapons for Warlords and Reavers. That’d be nice.

Defo in for the book though.

Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives?Why not join us?

 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut




Yeah, the book has to be done. ^_^


Automatically Appended Next Post:
A comment on Forgeworld's facebook page mentions that the next book is due for August / September. I doubt that is official somehow as they usually keep things under wraps until the last moment...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/04/14 19:09:22


Casual gamer, casual fun! 
   
Made in us
Novice Knight Errant Pilot




Oakland, CA

Great news on the book and the terrain (domes & spires).

While it may not have new minis, I'm looking forward to the new Maniples and Stratagems.
   
Made in nl
Moustache-twirling Princeps




We'll find out soon enough eh.

 Mad Doc Grotsnik wrote:
And the weapons for Warlords and Reavers. That’d be nice.

Defo in for the book though.


Indeed. I like the spires and am looking forward to the book, but for the love of jeebus FW, the one advantage of resin over plastic is that it doesn't have any of the production timescale restrictions, you can go from final 3D model to production-ready in an afternoon, so use that advantage already ffs. And if they're not going to, if they're going to dripfeed this stuff out at big intervals even though they don't physically have to, then use that time to make them in sodding plastic.

I need to acquire plastic Skavenslaves, can you help?
I have a blog now, evidently. Featuring the Alternative Mordheim Model Megalist.

"Your society's broken, so who should we blame? Should we blame the rich, powerful people who caused it? No, lets blame the people with no power and no money and those immigrants who don't even have the vote. Yea, it must be their fething fault." - Iain M Banks
-----
"The language of modern British politics is meant to sound benign. But words do not mean what they seem to mean. 'Reform' actually means 'cut' or 'end'. 'Flexibility' really means 'exploit'. 'Prudence' really means 'don't invest'. And 'efficient'? That means whatever you want it to mean, usually 'cut'. All really mean 'keep wages low for the masses, taxes low for the rich, profits high for the corporations, and accept the decline in public services and amenities this will cause'." - Robin McAlpine from Common Weal 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut




 Yodhrin wrote:
 Mad Doc Grotsnik wrote:
And the weapons for Warlords and Reavers. That’d be nice.

Defo in for the book though.


Indeed. I like the spires and am looking forward to the book, but for the love of jeebus FW, the one advantage of resin over plastic is that it doesn't have any of the production timescale restrictions, you can go from final 3D model to production-ready in an afternoon, so use that advantage already ffs. And if they're not going to, if they're going to dripfeed this stuff out at big intervals even though they don't physically have to, then use that time to make them in sodding plastic.


Agreed. They could have done a Warlord weapon or two since the release of the game along with Questoris upgrades. And for the love of the Omnissiah - where is that funky train set???

Casual gamer, casual fun! 
   
Made in gb
Rampaging Carnifex






I wonder if FW were waiting on the DoM release to start with the resin weapons. Fingers crossed for this Friday...
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka






SamusDrake wrote:
 Yodhrin wrote:
 Mad Doc Grotsnik wrote:
And the weapons for Warlords and Reavers. That’d be nice.

Defo in for the book though.


Indeed. I like the spires and am looking forward to the book, but for the love of jeebus FW, the one advantage of resin over plastic is that it doesn't have any of the production timescale restrictions, you can go from final 3D model to production-ready in an afternoon, so use that advantage already ffs. And if they're not going to, if they're going to dripfeed this stuff out at big intervals even though they don't physically have to, then use that time to make them in sodding plastic.


Agreed. They could have done a Warlord weapon or two since the release of the game along with Questoris upgrades. And for the love of the Omnissiah - where is that funky train set???


Was that train ever confirmed as something that would be released? At the Open Day when the boards were first shown off, the train was just described as something the designer had designed for internal use (rather like the containers they had all over the container yard table originally designed for a Calth Ultramarines vs Word bearers display).
   
Made in gb
Princeps of the Emperor's Titan!






I really am hoping for the new dakka this Friday. Or indeed the Friday after, spread out the spend a wee bit.

Either way, it's payday next Tuesday, so I'll be able to sort myself regardless

Just a shame it's after the long bank holiday *curse you gods of time*


Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives?Why not join us?

 
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut





Well the GME finially returns, Outpost UK are now taking pre-orders up until 21st April

https://mailchi.mp/the-outpost.co.uk/15042019-1083427?e=eacad8491d
   
Made in us
Courageous Questing Knight





Philadelphia

Looking awesome!

   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut




 AndrewGPaul wrote:


Was that train ever confirmed as something that would be released? At the Open Day when the boards were first shown off, the train was just described as something the designer had designed for internal use (rather like the containers they had all over the container yard table originally designed for a Calth Ultramarines vs Word bearers display).


Dunno. It was in last August's First Blood battle report, where the Questoris used it to sneak behind the Reaver and give it a good spanking.

Casual gamer, casual fun! 
   
Made in gb
Lit By the Flames of Prospero





Rampton, UK

I like the look of the terrain, finally I will be able to build some tall Gothic buildings, although it will probably cost an arm and a leg.
   
Made in us
Novice Knight Errant Pilot




Oakland, CA

With the new book at $35US, and the Spires pack also at $35US, it looks like I can buy what I need without giving up an arm or a leg this time.
   
Made in gb
Lit By the Flames of Prospero





Rampton, UK

 schoon wrote:
With the new book at $35US, and the Spires pack also at $35US, it looks like I can buy what I need without giving up an arm or a leg this time.



Do we know yet how much the set with the buildings and the spires will cost ?
   
Made in gb
Stealthy Warhound Titan Princeps





UK

New article:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/04/16/doom-of-molech-whats-in-the-book/

Nice image of Legio Crucius Titans (Ryza Forgeworld):

   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut




Its great that the book is due for pre-order but with the knight terminals out of stock, and no upgrade kits to coincide with the release, it seems a bit redundant.

Whinging aside, the Ferrox maniple's "Knife fighters" rule seems very powerful. Makes me want to put this Knight business on hold for now and get a melta-chainfist Reaver instead...

Casual gamer, casual fun! 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





Looking forward to being tempted by the new Legio colour schemes again.

Hopefully the focus on a "smaller" scale conflict will make the book feel less anemic than Beta-Garmon in the fluff department.
   
Made in us
Fixture of Dakka






Ferrox sounds awesome, I’ll likely use it a lot.

"The Omnissiah is my Moderati" 
   
Made in us
VF-1S Valkyrie Squadron Commander





Mississippi

This may have been mentioned already, but will the rereleased GME include a sprue of the new Warlord weapons in it or will it have the same exact contents as previously?

It never ends well 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut




I'd assume its just a reprint. The idea of the GME set was for two players to split the contents and cost, so having the identical sprues would make that easier.

Casual gamer, casual fun! 
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: