Switch Theme:

No more muckin' about - Proppa Ork Tactics Thread [Lists in spoilers or we'll krump ya]  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in es
Regular Dakkanaut




Played against thousand sons and custodes yesterday, 2000 itc

- thousands son go first, so magnus was -1 to hit and +3 invul, I was not able to kill him in 5 rounds. My boyz killed LoC. More boyz jump and kill his infantry, but All is Dust was too powerfu, rubric marines killed my troops. I lost.

- against custodes I was not first neither, but first round I was able to Da Jump boyz and kill a bike, stealing his priority objective and getting bonus and hold more. I though I was about to win the match, but third round he deploy all his DS ib my face and killed like 60 boyz, warboss, kff, 2 shamans and painboy lol. All his army is in range of my lootas, ssag, sag, 6 smashers and only thing I did was killing a dreadnought, he was invincible.

I always lose against armies with invul, I dont know how to play them, custodes and rubrics saving on 2+ to my boyz is unreal


Orks 2000p 
   
Made in de
Regular Dakkanaut




Hmm I've realy never lost VS custodes
But see you play 69 boys and lootaz so no wonder

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/01/22 11:25:30


 
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut





Quick question ladz, Forgeworld units such as the Mega Dread, Grot Mega Tank and Grot Tanks benefit from Klan Cultures now?
   
Made in es
Regular Dakkanaut




Meka Dread appears to me without the gretchlin keyword, it's suposed to be drived by orkz.

As far as I know, grot tanks still gretchlin, they are not worthy of klan features you git!

Orks 2000p 
   
Made in us
Nasty Nob on Warbike with Klaw





Nebraska, USA

They have the proper keywords of the codex so the same rules apply.
Gretchin dont get crap, so grot tanks and megatanks suck hard right now, and the other ork stuff benefits properly.
They were also faq'd to have dakkadakkadakka

An ork with an idea tends to end with a bang.

9000pts Big 'n Bad Orkz
4000pts Admech/Knights 
   
Made in nl
Been Around the Block




Question about the infiltrating and deepstriking and stuff. When a Chinork scouts ahead, does he count as having moved? I only see the counts as having moved line at the Da Jump section, does that mean that the Chinork can fire it's rattler and occupants at full tilt?
   
Made in ca
Regular Dakkanaut




Gruxz wrote:
Question about the infiltrating and deepstriking and stuff. When a Chinork scouts ahead, does he count as having moved? I only see the counts as having moved line at the Da Jump section, does that mean that the Chinork can fire it's rattler and occupants at full tilt?


Counts as having moved. It’s coming in from reserves.

On a related note: has anyone kitbashed a Chinork? They seem like they’d be fun to play.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/01/22 15:41:52


 
   
Made in nl
Been Around the Block




tulun wrote:
Gruxz wrote:
Question about the infiltrating and deepstriking and stuff. When a Chinork scouts ahead, does he count as having moved? I only see the counts as having moved line at the Da Jump section, does that mean that the Chinork can fire it's rattler and occupants at full tilt?


Counts as having moved. It’s coming in from reserves.

On a related note: has anyone kitbashed a Chinork? They seem like they’d be fun to play.


Damn that's true. I was wondering the same thing. It kinda sucks that the rattlers are heavy. I was thinking about looting something for that vehicle. It seems like a nice way to DS a unit without spending 2CP
   
Made in ca
Regular Dakkanaut




You could more dakka it but yeah. It’s probably not worth it competitively.

It would be a hilarious bomb if it had like 10 FG though. 4d6 shots plus 10 FG might evaporate a corner you’re in if you did the MD.

Actually, if people are thinking of deep striking FG in general, you could save 2 CP for 15 points for the deff gun version. That’s not a bad trade off.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/01/22 16:17:44


 
   
Made in us
Grovelin' Grot




Maine

How limiting is it for the Deffkilla Wartrike to not be able to change its wargear options?/ What are the major limiting factors facing it?

WaaAAagh! 
   
Made in au
Ork Boy Hangin' off a Trukk





Well if it could take a powerklaw you could do the smashboss build. Killa klaw and fists of gork. Thats the only thing he really loses out on.
   
Made in ca
Regular Dakkanaut




 Kaptin_Grubkrumpa wrote:
How limiting is it for the Deffkilla Wartrike to not be able to change its wargear options?/ What are the major limiting factors facing it?


His naturally big base is kind of a problem. Really the biker boss is a better krumper for less resources and less points.

You could do something like:

Make him your warlord. Give him brutal but cunning. Put him in the kult of speed detachment and give him Skargrims snazztrike.

He’s now:
Str 7, ap-2, d3+1 Damage on charge / charged / HI, reroll all hits and wounds.
At T7 with a 5+ invulnerable.

Worth it? Given he’s your warlord, and you’ve spent a relic on him and a detachment? Probably not.

Biker just needs a relic and he’s awesome.
   
Made in de
Waaagh! Ork Warboss on Warbike





Yeah, the biggest drawback of the wartrike is that it's terrible in melee - it can kill a librarian, but will fail to kill techmarines regularly (assuming deff skulls re-rolls).
Shooting is alright, nowadays I usually have it hang back and shoot stuff with shotguns and killa jet melta. I tried giving it the fixer-uppers, but every vehicle (including itself) in the army goes from unharmed to crater, it had no impact on the game where I did so.

 Daedalus81 wrote:
SemperMortis wrote:
Yes, because everyone lines up on the deployment line when facing off against orkz, especially when said orkz are fielding 3 Bonebreakers...which rely exclusively on getting into CC to inflict any kind of actual harm. All of your arguments rely upon your opponent being a brain dead muppet who just lets you maul him.


Yea...that's called board control.
 
   
Made in cz
Fresh-Faced New User





Prague

LVO pure buggies list in attach. Pure Evil Sunz. I'm pretty interested in the result...

[Thumb - 3D741351-5588-486C-99DE-7B326351C994.jpeg]


7500pt 
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut





[quote=tulun 767149 10694367 null

On a related note: has anyone kitbashed a Chinork? They seem like they’d be fun to play.


I have a Trukk and two Deff Kopta set aside to produce a Chinork. Plan to remove chassis and cockpit panel from Trukk; invert side panels to give the Chinork ‘wings’,; cover over the driver seats and attach a Deff Kopta rear to the Trukk engine. Second Kopta attaches to the Trukk rear, add skids etc and profit. Obviously have to extend the rear rotors.
   
Made in se
Rogue Grot Kannon Gunna






So, avoiding to be too salty, i ve been testing too see how to survive long enough to score vs the heaviest of the sm lists.
Vs 3 TFC and 3 skorpius I don’t believe anything stand a chance. IF and IH are just too deadly. Also once you got one unit tremor shelled that unit is useless.
BUT I remembered one thing. The SSAG can shoot with ork is never beaten right? So MAYBE a well placed jump and a 8CP investment might be enough to give use some edges.
A boosted da jump (might want a +2) +2 CP for more dakka+ 2 for Kustom Ammo + 2 Ork is never Beaten +2 Kustom ammo.
Given that TfC is a veichle and neither the whirlwind nor the TfC has an invulnerable. It might be enough to take out at least 3 of them and than cripple the dmg output
22d3 fully rerollable ain’t something orks can put a fight against .

 
   
Made in de
Waaagh! Ork Warboss on Warbike





Keep in mind that the SSAG has a 50% chance to not even do a single point of damage when shooting a whirlwind.

A wazbomm seems a much better solution to that problem.

 Daedalus81 wrote:
SemperMortis wrote:
Yes, because everyone lines up on the deployment line when facing off against orkz, especially when said orkz are fielding 3 Bonebreakers...which rely exclusively on getting into CC to inflict any kind of actual harm. All of your arguments rely upon your opponent being a brain dead muppet who just lets you maul him.


Yea...that's called board control.
 
   
Made in gb
Mekboy Hammerin' Somethin'





Boston, UK

 Tomsug wrote:
LVO pure buggies list in attach. Pure Evil Sunz. I'm pretty interested in the result...



20 fast vehicles, nice. It'd be a fun list, but it's a gift for big game hunter. I'd be interested to see a game involving it but I don't think it's particularly competitive.

The more I think about it, the more I like it. A very fast army with +2 move and +1 advance and can shoot everything at full B'S with such a high volume of hard hitting firepower, very interesting indeed.
Admittedly most lists will have plenty to deal with light vehicles, but saying that it's about 190 T6 wounds, that's going to take while to get through.

Give one of the trikes the fall back and charge trait, and those scrapjets and KBB are dishing out MW like candy.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2020/01/23 10:35:12


"All their ferocity was turned outwards, against enemies of the State, foreigners, traitors, saboteurs, thought-criminals" - Orwell, 1984 
   
Made in de
Waaagh! Ork Warboss on Warbike





I seriously doubt that this army will fit into a deployment zone, let alone move where they need to be.

 Daedalus81 wrote:
SemperMortis wrote:
Yes, because everyone lines up on the deployment line when facing off against orkz, especially when said orkz are fielding 3 Bonebreakers...which rely exclusively on getting into CC to inflict any kind of actual harm. All of your arguments rely upon your opponent being a brain dead muppet who just lets you maul him.


Yea...that's called board control.
 
   
Made in fi
Decrepit Dakkanaut





 r_squared wrote:
 Tomsug wrote:
LVO pure buggies list in attach. Pure Evil Sunz. I'm pretty interested in the result...



20 fast vehicles, nice. It'd be a fun list, but it's a gift for big game hunter. I'd be interested to see a game involving it but I don't think it's particularly competitive.

The more I think about it, the more I like it. A very fast army with +2 move and +1 advance and can shoot everything at full B'S with such a high volume of hard hitting firepower, very interesting indeed.
Admittedly most lists will have plenty to deal with light vehicles, but saying that it's about 190 T6 wounds, that's going to take while to get through.

Give one of the trikes the fall back and charge trait, and those scrapjets and KBB are dishing out MW like candy.


Heavily dependant on first turn for sure. But basically wiped out ultramarine force with 3 infiltrator dreadnoughts, 3 flyers, some predators etc. Orks went first and wiped out tanks and dreads in one go leaving planes and some infantry.

Imperial fists going first ate it alive though

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/01/23 10:56:52


https://middleagedstrategybattlegamers.home.blog/2019/12/31/tneva82-december-moria/<- lotr painting blog

12 factions for Lord of The Rings
11772 pts(along with lots of unpainted unsorted stuff)
5265 pts
5150 pts
~3200 pts Knights

 
   
Made in se
Rogue Grot Kannon Gunna






 Jidmah wrote:
Keep in mind that the SSAG has a 50% chance to not even do a single point of damage when shooting a whirlwind.

A wazbomm seems a much better solution to that problem.


DS SSAG with napkin matte :
7 Shots, 2/3 hit+ 1 hit from rerolls and MD, 3/4 hits, S7 with the trait should be 2/3 wounded and 8> Wounds totalled. or? Than I can shoot 4 times in total if I jump the dude t1, 6 T2 .
The wazbomb is going down after 4 shots S8 and 2 shots S2d6.
I mean is some real gamble but it feel that there is a higher chance with the SSAG. I really wanna field the wazbomb again, I played half season Ben Jurek Freeboterz, but ATM I cant see how it does anything more than die. Maybe playn 3 would be viable, but I d need to take off the tankabusta. Dunno if it is worth.

 
   
Made in fi
Decrepit Dakkanaut





Except average damage doesn't tell full story. Do you know what pylon average damage is vs baneblade if you calculate shotsxodds of hitxodds of wound etc?

31

Odds of one shotting baneblade? 58%. And more realistic average damage is 19.

You can have average damage 4x wounds of target and have sub 60% odds(actually if stats were right odds could be sub 10% though that's extreme). And sag's of both type is bit like necron pylon in that it swings from little to none to overkill.

https://middleagedstrategybattlegamers.home.blog/2019/12/31/tneva82-december-moria/<- lotr painting blog

12 factions for Lord of The Rings
11772 pts(along with lots of unpainted unsorted stuff)
5265 pts
5150 pts
~3200 pts Knights

 
   
Made in gb
Mekboy Hammerin' Somethin'





Boston, UK

tneva82 wrote:
 r_squared wrote:
 Tomsug wrote:
LVO pure buggies list in attach. Pure Evil Sunz. I'm pretty interested in the result...



20 fast vehicles, nice. It'd be a fun list, but it's a gift for big game hunter. I'd be interested to see a game involving it but I don't think it's particularly competitive.

The more I think about it, the more I like it. A very fast army with +2 move and +1 advance and can shoot everything at full B'S with such a high volume of hard hitting firepower, very interesting indeed.
Admittedly most lists will have plenty to deal with light vehicles, but saying that it's about 190 T6 wounds, that's going to take while to get through.

Give one of the trikes the fall back and charge trait, and those scrapjets and KBB are dishing out MW like candy.


Heavily dependant on first turn for sure. But basically wiped out ultramarine force with 3 infiltrator dreadnoughts, 3 flyers, some predators etc. Orks went first and wiped out tanks and dreads in one go leaving planes and some infantry.

Imperial fists going first ate it alive though


With a nice low drop count to get that +1 it'll help mitigate, but yeah I can see this getting mauled by some armies turn 1.
If I had a fortune to drop on ork buggies, I'd definitely give it a go. I do wonder if going dethskulls instead might not help a little with survivability and increase the effectiveness of the punch. Even Freebootas might get legs out of a list like this. The +1 to hit mitigating the need to advance every now and then.

"All their ferocity was turned outwards, against enemies of the State, foreigners, traitors, saboteurs, thought-criminals" - Orwell, 1984 
   
Made in fi
Decrepit Dakkanaut





Here we play new style so it's 50-50 and when we deploy we know who goes first(barring seize) but that's hard to deploy out of los. You'll have so huge space(i might be seriously worried can i even deploy all without going top of buildings or something...).

Had i 500e spare would get though

Seems advances and charges play large role for him with teleporting around. And certainly gave him good way to get by crammed deployment zone and brought lotsa shockjumps into range from unexpected angle vs ultramarines.

For smaller amount ds would be better imo but with this many could you even rely on getting all to range without advance? He fills dz far and at least ultramarines were far on their corner

https://middleagedstrategybattlegamers.home.blog/2019/12/31/tneva82-december-moria/<- lotr painting blog

12 factions for Lord of The Rings
11772 pts(along with lots of unpainted unsorted stuff)
5265 pts
5150 pts
~3200 pts Knights

 
   
Made in ru
Squishy Squig





Hey guys,

My roommate plays chaos, and he likes the Helbrutes a lot.

Usually runs 2 with power scourge and twin heavy bolter, and it gives me chills each time I have to deal with them.
With that "Crazed" rule seems like I shouldn't be targetting them in the first place, but if I don't, they'll rain hell on my dudes

Any suggestions? Am I overthinking it?

   
Made in us
Tough-as-Nails Ork Boy






 rakkzul wrote:
Hey guys,

My roommate plays chaos, and he likes the Helbrutes a lot.

Usually runs 2 with power scourge and twin heavy bolter, and it gives me chills each time I have to deal with them.
With that "Crazed" rule seems like I shouldn't be targetting them in the first place, but if I don't, they'll rain hell on my dudes

Any suggestions? Am I overthinking it?


Doesn't crazed only trigger on a roll of a 6? I'd just blow them away with a SAG or tankbustas, they are T7 and don't have an invuln.

2700+
2500+
1000
500 
   
Made in ru
Squishy Squig





 DrGiggles wrote:
 rakkzul wrote:
Hey guys,

My roommate plays chaos, and he likes the Helbrutes a lot.

Usually runs 2 with power scourge and twin heavy bolter, and it gives me chills each time I have to deal with them.
With that "Crazed" rule seems like I shouldn't be targetting them in the first place, but if I don't, they'll rain hell on my dudes

Any suggestions? Am I overthinking it?


Doesn't crazed only trigger on a roll of a 6? I'd just blow them away with a SAG or tankbustas, they are T7 and don't have an invuln.


It does, but since they are 2 and usually don't get killed in only one phase... They get some shots out

   
Made in fi
Decrepit Dakkanaut





Even with 2 it's 30% odds. With 2 turns about 50-50. Ssag, tanjk bustas and mek guns deal with them easily. What other vehicles he has?

https://middleagedstrategybattlegamers.home.blog/2019/12/31/tneva82-december-moria/<- lotr painting blog

12 factions for Lord of The Rings
11772 pts(along with lots of unpainted unsorted stuff)
5265 pts
5150 pts
~3200 pts Knights

 
   
Made in ru
Squishy Squig





tneva82 wrote:
Even with 2 it's 30% odds. With 2 turns about 50-50. Ssag, tanjk bustas and mek guns deal with them easily. What other vehicles he has?


Nothing very scary, we ain't competitive. Heldrake, Mauler&Forgefiend, some obliterators, sometimes a Venomcrawler

   
Made in us
Nasty Nob on Warbike with Klaw





Nebraska, USA

This is one reason im glad im not in a hyper competitive area...

Spoiler:

<Battalion; Deathskullz>
Dread Waaagh

HQ:
SSAG Mek
Badrukk

Troops
3x10 Boyz w/ Rokkit -- Nob w/ Kombi Rokkit

FA
2x KBBs

Heavy
3x Squiggoths w/ Kannon

<Supreme Command; Deathskullz>

HQs
Warboss (Kustom Shoota, Killaklaw)
Weirdboy (Warpath)
Weirdboy (Fists of Gork)

Elite
13x Tankbustas

Low
GargSquiggoth w/ 2x Killkannons, 4x bigshootas

1998pts


Complete and utter joke list that i really want to do for some reason. I have the actual gargsquig and have access to regular squiggoths proxies so now i feel compelled to be silly about it.
Against even a semi-competitive list i think this would fold instantly lol

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2020/01/23 16:01:13


An ork with an idea tends to end with a bang.

9000pts Big 'n Bad Orkz
4000pts Admech/Knights 
   
 
Forum Index » 40K Tactics
Go to: