Switch Theme:

Which Battle Report was that?  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Fresh-Faced New User




There was a White Dwarf battle report from around 1999-2002 that I found an absolutely riveting read. I’d like to find it and read it again for old-times sake. The battle was been Dwarves and Empire, with the Empire defending a fortress. The Empire had a group of Greatswords that really shone. Any ideas ?
   
Made in nz
[MOD]
Villanous Scum






Edit; reading is hard...

Heinmann's Debt, WD#255, March 2001.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/10/08 10:34:06


On parle toujours mal quand on n'a rien à dire.
Keeping the flame of Babylon 5 A Call to Arms alive, check it out;
Babylon 5 ACTA campaign log
Babylon 5 ACTA Painting log
Backfire wrote:
Nobody kills his dad and participates in genocide just for cosplay.
 
   
Made in us
Powerful Phoenix Lord






I was going to post the PDF, but I don't see it in 255.

 
   
Made in ca
Anointed Dark Priest of Chaos





British Columbia

The numbering varied across the pond IIRC.

 Crimson Devil wrote:
That's what 7th edition is about. Yelling "Forge the Narrative Pussy!" while kicking your opponent in the dick.
 BlaxicanX wrote:
A young business man named Tom Kirby, who was a pupil of mine until he turned greedy, helped the capitalists hunt down and destroy the wargamers. He betrayed and murdered Games Workshop.


 
   
Made in au
Tunneling Trygon





The City of Nothing

254 by the US numbering
   
Made in us
Powerful Phoenix Lord






Yep, sadly if it's AU253...it's the only one I don't have a PDF of or I'd send it over.

 
   
Made in ca
Longtime Dakkanaut





Surrey, BC - Canada

Green_Caboose wrote:
There was a White Dwarf battle report from around 1999-2002 that I found an absolutely riveting read. I’d like to find it and read it again for old-times sake. The battle was been Dwarves and Empire, with the Empire defending a fortress. The Empire had a group of Greatswords that really shone. Any ideas ?


WD 254 by the US numbering (as per Tim the Biovore). Front cover has a Dwarf Throng in the snow. Besides the battle report it had updated siege rules for WFB.

I have a copy if you are interested in getting it. Just look me up in the swap shop forum.

Cheers,

CB


DC:70S++G+M++B+I++PW40k-89-+D+++++A+++/aWD088R+T(M)DM+  
   
Made in gb
Aspirant Tech-Adept




UK

I also have a question about what I think was an old WD.

There was a Diorama of an Empire town being attacked by undead. The thing that sticks in my mind was a volleygun entrenched outside the town with a mountain of dead zombies in front of it.

I think there was also something about Necrons attacking space marines and them being all mysterious. I think it would have dated to around the release of Necrons, so early 2000's.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/10/09 07:17:09


Imperial Soup
2200pts/1750 painted
2800pts/1200 painted
2200pts/650 painted
217pts/151 painted 
   
Made in gb
Rotting Sorcerer of Nurgle






phillv85 wrote:
I also have a question about what I think was an old WD.

There was a Diorama of an Empire town being attacked by undead. The thing that sticks in my mind was a volleygun entrenched outside the town with a mountain of dead zombies in front of it..


Sounds like the Vengeance of the Vampire display from Games Day 1999. Though the pics there don't show what you describe I distinctly remember that vignette on the board.

Fun fact about that board, which I believe this info was only in the GD programme- the main protagonist/antagonists of that diorama were named after the leaders' of two main political parties in the UK at the time. Antoine von Carstein (Tony Blair, who was Prime Minister in 1999) and Field Marshal Wilhelm Haig (William Hague, leader of the Conservative party).



A GW fan walks into a bar, buys the same drink as yesterday but pays more.

""Unite" is a human word, ... join me or die."

If you break apart my posts line by line I will not read them. 
   
Made in gb
Aspirant Tech-Adept




UK

 Grimtuff wrote:
phillv85 wrote:
I also have a question about what I think was an old WD.

There was a Diorama of an Empire town being attacked by undead. The thing that sticks in my mind was a volleygun entrenched outside the town with a mountain of dead zombies in front of it..


Sounds like the Vengeance of the Vampire display from Games Day 1999. Though the pics there don't show what you describe I distinctly remember that vignette on the board.

Fun fact about that board, which I believe this info was only in the GD programme- the main protagonist/antagonists of that diorama were named after the leaders' of two main political parties in the UK at the time. Antoine von Carstein (Tony Blair, who was Prime Minister in 1999) and Field Marshal Wilhelm Haig (William Hague, leader of the Conservative party).


That does look like it, thank you! I'll see if I can find a copy of WD 243 to see more info on it. It may have been that it got updated with more and posted in a later WD or the Necron thing I read was in a different WD.

Imperial Soup
2200pts/1750 painted
2800pts/1200 painted
2200pts/650 painted
217pts/151 painted 
   
Made in gb
Fresh-Faced New User




Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! Now, just to get my hands on a copy...
   
 
Forum Index » Dakka Discussions
Go to: