Switch Theme:

Adeptus Titanicus news and rumours - Acheron & Castigator knights p.270  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut






Probably just a mini sprue with two of each lower arm to toss in the box and bump the price up a tad, just like the missile pods for the questoris knights.
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





Upgrade sprue is certainly possible. But the shoulder pads don't look like they are covering the Lancers to my eye and the legs seem to be in different positions, so fingers crossed.

Knight Magaera and Styrix on the Defence of Ryza cover as well While they are probably photoshoped 40k models I cant see them being on the cover without rules and kits on the way.
   
Made in fi
Decrepit Dakkanaut





Or FW resin upgrades ala many warlord weapons. Not going to be big seller likely anyway so resin rather than plastic makes sense.

https://middleagedstrategybattlegamers.home.blog/2020/02/24/tneva82-winter-war-tournament-report/<- lotr painting blog

12 factions for Lord of The Rings
11772 pts(along with lots of unpainted unsorted stuff)
5265 pts
5150 pts
~3200 pts Knights

 
   
Made in gb
Tunneling Trygon






They said on Twitch last year that Cerastus variants would 'probably' be on their own plastic frame and not an upgrade kit.
   
Made in gb
Wolf Guard Bodyguard in Terminator Armor





tneva82 wrote:
Or FW resin upgrades ala many warlord weapons. Not going to be big seller likely anyway so resin rather than plastic makes sense.

The models previewed today are all-plastic for sure. The Magaera et al might be resin upgrades but so far we don’t even have rules for them so who knows if they’re even going to be a thing? Of course being on a cover makes that more likely but it guaranteed yet.

"Three months? I'm going to go crazy …and I'm taking you with me!"
— Vala Mal Doran
 
   
Made in us
Dominating Dominatrix






Southeastern PA, USA

I'm never going to turn up my nose at an AT release, although I have to admit that more knight variants don't move the needle much for me. *shrug* Happy for the household players though.

The mention of the crusade legion list makes me wonder if Ryza will be somewhat of a compilation book? The studio previously indicated that the Kado book would be next. Maybe this one was lower-hanging fruit?

My World Eaters Showcase
View my Genestealer Cult! Article - Gallery - Blog
Best Appearance - GW Baltimore GT 2008, Colonial GT 2012

DQ:70+S++++G+M++++B++I+Pw40k90#+D++A+++/fWD66R++T(Ot)DM+++

 
   
Made in fi
Decrepit Dakkanaut





 Mr_Rose wrote:
tneva82 wrote:
Or FW resin upgrades ala many warlord weapons. Not going to be big seller likely anyway so resin rather than plastic makes sense.

The models previewed today are all-plastic for sure. The Magaera et al might be resin upgrades but so far we don’t even have rules for them so who knows if they’re even going to be a thing? Of course being on a cover makes that more likely but it guaranteed yet.


Based on what? Has it been confirmed?

If they are odd choice to spend limited plastic kits to have 2 full sprue for niche knights one which stinks. Not selling much.

Hopefully at least not in kit of 1 of each. Pay for useless paperweight to get semi useful knight

https://middleagedstrategybattlegamers.home.blog/2020/02/24/tneva82-winter-war-tournament-report/<- lotr painting blog

12 factions for Lord of The Rings
11772 pts(along with lots of unpainted unsorted stuff)
5265 pts
5150 pts
~3200 pts Knights

 
   
Made in us
Dominating Dominatrix






Southeastern PA, USA

It's basically confirmed because the reveal was at a GAMA event. GAMA is a game trade association, and game stores can't sell FW releases.

My World Eaters Showcase
View my Genestealer Cult! Article - Gallery - Blog
Best Appearance - GW Baltimore GT 2008, Colonial GT 2012

DQ:70+S++++G+M++++B++I+Pw40k90#+D++A+++/fWD66R++T(Ot)DM+++

 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut




Ah, just as I'm ready to rage-quit the game they suck us back in with wallet bait.

Had a feeling they would be a new kit as the shoulder pads were different, and that seems to be the case for the legs too. Defense of Ryza could be a must-have.

Could the Magaera be packaged as a Cerastus Lancer plastic kit with alternative resin pieces? Hmmm.

Casual gamer, casual fun! 
   
Made in us
Jealous that Horus is Warmaster




Australia

As always I'm most excited just to find out which Legios are in the new book. Fingers crossed for Magna

Sons of Horus 29th Company 
   
Made in vn
Longtime Dakkanaut




Knight Magaera are based on questoris body.
   
Made in gb
Multispectral Hsien





Gosport, UK

tneva82 wrote:
 Mr_Rose wrote:
tneva82 wrote:
Or FW resin upgrades ala many warlord weapons. Not going to be big seller likely anyway so resin rather than plastic makes sense.

The models previewed today are all-plastic for sure. The Magaera et al might be resin upgrades but so far we don’t even have rules for them so who knows if they’re even going to be a thing? Of course being on a cover makes that more likely but it guaranteed yet.


Based on what? Has it been confirmed?

If they are odd choice to spend limited plastic kits to have 2 full sprue for niche knights one which stinks. Not selling much.

Hopefully at least not in kit of 1 of each. Pay for useless paperweight to get semi useful knight


Yes, it’s confirmed in the article that they’re plastic.
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut




 gorgon wrote:
I'm never going to turn up my nose at an AT release, although I have to admit that more knight variants don't move the needle much for me. *shrug* Happy for the household players though.


Why thank you, Gorgon!


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Chopstick wrote:
Knight Magaera are based on questoris body.


So they are!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/03/10 16:17:54


Casual gamer, casual fun! 
   
Made in us
Esteemed Veteran Space Marine




San Jose, CA

I'm excited about the Styrix & Magaera. I've been eyeing both of them to add to my 40k knights so the Titanicus scale will be a must buy.

other than the Warbringer they havent released a new chassis(pai-titan is warlord)of titan in a while. They've been on a knight kick(which isnt a bad thing. I WANT ARMIGERS & ATROPOS!).

I've been hoping for more scout titans with some really weird weapons. the natix & harpoon add some cool stuff to the warhound but a rapier chassis would be a cool option in addition to it.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut






I'm hoping for more sprues for the reaver and warlord with additional weapon options and heads
   
Made in gb
Rampaging Reaver Titan Princeps





UK

Aye, we need the Saturnye Lascutter on the Warlord for one as well as carapace meltas. Not to mention, more plasma options as well as the colossal Volkite cannon...
   
Made in pt
Stone Bonkers Fabricator General




We'll find out soon enough eh.

I'd much rather they use their limited sprue allotment to give us whole new chassis and do the oddball weapons in resin. It'd be nice to have absolutely everything in plastic of course, but the reality is they only get X number of sprues a year and it'd be good if they could finish up the Imperial engine releases some time before I reach retirement age

I need to acquire plastic Skavenslaves, can you help?
I have a blog now, evidently. Featuring the Alternative Mordheim Model Megalist.

"Your society's broken, so who should we blame? Should we blame the rich, powerful people who caused it? No, lets blame the people with no power and no money and those immigrants who don't even have the vote. Yea, it must be their fething fault." - Iain M Banks
-----
"The language of modern British politics is meant to sound benign. But words do not mean what they seem to mean. 'Reform' actually means 'cut' or 'end'. 'Flexibility' really means 'exploit'. 'Prudence' really means 'don't invest'. And 'efficient'? That means whatever you want it to mean, usually 'cut'. All really mean 'keep wages low for the masses, taxes low for the rich, profits high for the corporations, and accept the decline in public services and amenities this will cause'." - Robin McAlpine from Common Weal 
   
Made in us
Dominating Dominatrix






Southeastern PA, USA

I too would like to see more Titan stuff. Again, I'm happy for household players and collectors, and just happy for the continuing support. But for many players, more Knight variants aren't terribly consequential for the game itself.

I'm thinking/hoping this was a low-hanging fruit release, and that we'll still get the Kado book before the end of the year. That has the potential to be more interesting for more players IMO. But maybe there are releases tied to Ryza that we haven't seen yet. Who knows.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2020/03/11 18:04:32


My World Eaters Showcase
View my Genestealer Cult! Article - Gallery - Blog
Best Appearance - GW Baltimore GT 2008, Colonial GT 2012

DQ:70+S++++G+M++++B++I+Pw40k90#+D++A+++/fWD66R++T(Ot)DM+++

 
   
Made in gb
Novice Knight Errant Pilot





 gorgon wrote:
I too would like to see more Titan stuff. Again, I'm happy for household players and collectors, and just happy for the continuing support. But for many players, more Knight variants aren't terribly consequential for the game itself.

I'm thinking/hoping this was a low-hanging fruit release, and that we'll still get the Kado book before the end of the year. That has the potential to be more interesting for more players IMO. But maybe there are releases tied to Ryza that we haven't seen yet. Who knows.

Well looking on the bright side, there's only a few low-hanging releases left to cross off the list before we're on to new stuff. There's what, two or three AM Knights (Atropos, the AM Acastus, Magaera and Styrix), the Valiant/Castellan variants, maybe the Canis Rex upgrades, potentially some Armigers, and then every option we have in 28mm scale is exhausted?
   
Made in jp
Angelic Adepta Sororitas



Stuck in the snow.

JWBS wrote:
 gorgon wrote:
I too would like to see more Titan stuff. Again, I'm happy for household players and collectors, and just happy for the continuing support. But for many players, more Knight variants aren't terribly consequential for the game itself.

I'm thinking/hoping this was a low-hanging fruit release, and that we'll still get the Kado book before the end of the year. That has the potential to be more interesting for more players IMO. But maybe there are releases tied to Ryza that we haven't seen yet. Who knows.

Well looking on the bright side, there's only a few low-hanging releases left to cross off the list before we're on to new stuff. There's what, two or three AM Knights (Atropos, the AM Acastus, Magaera and Styrix), the Valiant/Castellan variants, maybe the Canis Rex upgrades, potentially some Armigers, and then every option we have in 28mm scale is exhausted?


They could do a Chaos Questoris with the multi-jointed legs and laser destructor if you want full parity. (Which I do! )
   
Made in us
Dominating Dominatrix






Southeastern PA, USA

The old fluff about the battle for Kado (which will certainly evolve, mind you) involves Slaaneshi Knights and various daemon engines. Seems like a safe bet for the arrival of corrupted Titans.




Automatically Appended Next Post:
Racerguy180 wrote:
I'm excited about the Styrix & Magaera. I've been eyeing both of them to add to my 40k knights so the Titanicus scale will be a must buy.

other than the Warbringer they havent released a new chassis(pai-titan is warlord)of titan in a while. They've been on a knight kick(which isnt a bad thing. I WANT ARMIGERS & ATROPOS!).

I've been hoping for more scout titans with some really weird weapons. the natix & harpoon add some cool stuff to the warhound but a rapier chassis would be a cool option in addition to it.


Selfishly as an Audax player, I would love for the Rapier to arrive and give me another Titan option. If the Rapier came with some kind of melee option, that would be pretty incredible.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/03/11 18:31:23


My World Eaters Showcase
View my Genestealer Cult! Article - Gallery - Blog
Best Appearance - GW Baltimore GT 2008, Colonial GT 2012

DQ:70+S++++G+M++++B++I+Pw40k90#+D++A+++/fWD66R++T(Ot)DM+++

 
   
Made in de
Fresh-Faced New User




I hope for an upgrade sprue with the standard Knight weapons.
   
Made in gb
Novice Knight Errant Pilot





The Canis Rex weapons? I'd guess that's least likely tbh, given that it's the most niche, and also the fact that they could possibly have put it on the existing upgrade sprue if we were meant to have it.
   
Made in us
[DCM]
[***]







I also wish FW (USA) would get some more stock in on Warlord Sinister Psi-Titan...
   
Made in us
Fixture of Dakka





West Michigan, deep in Whitebread, USA

Although I have to admit that even to a non-AT player, the new knights could make awesome robots for 28mm scale gaming.



"By this point I'm convinced 100% that every single race in the 40k universe have somehow tapped into the ork ability to just have their tech work because they think it should."  
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut






If they wanted to double dip, they could make a couple of new chassis that share weapons with existing ones and add new weapon options there.

Take the Nemesis Warbringer, which shares arm weapons with the Reaver (I wish the Reaver had arm magnet sockets like the Warbringer did however) They could even expand on the same frame.

Imagine a plain Warbringer, not a nemesis variant. Delete the Carapace heavy mount and AA turrets. Pull the two void shield banks into a central ridge, and give it a pair of warlord carapace mounting points. Then for arms, give it a pair of Plasma Destructors, and a pair of carapace support missile mounts. Then card wise, make the plasma destructors a reaver arm and the carapace a warlord carapace, and let the new Warbringer mount any reaver arm guns or warlord carapace guns. Then you have a new model that current players will want for new weapons on existing titans, and also a new chassis with ready access to multiple carapace guns and arm weapons.

They could do the same with a Rapier scout as well. Small, pair of melee weapons, and single carapace mount that fits a reaver carapace with a Plasma Blastgun or Inferno cannon option. Then it could also take the Vulcan Bolter or Turbolaser from the current Reaver carapaces, if not add that into plastic. Imagine the Subjugator Hell Titan pre-chaos, with a reaver turret in place of a scorpion tail gun.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2020/03/12 04:17:10


 
   
Made in vn
Longtime Dakkanaut






Look like new kit , not upgrade sprue

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2020/03/12 06:51:32


 
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka




UK

That's a very cool box that I do want buuuuut there's no titans in it

A Blog in Miniature - now featuring reviews of many new Black Library books (latest Novellas) 
   
Made in gb
Enginseer with a Wrench






Good spot, Chopstick. Since the Lancers' bodies and weapons are on a single sprue, I'd imagine that the pictured Acheron and Castigator box will have a different single sprue, rather than being the Lancer sprue and an upgrade – otherwise the box would almost certainly include them on the label.

Other than that, just chiming in to say that I'm happy to see AT continue to get releases, but also to join the choir saying I'd prefer new Titan stuff to Knights.

+Death of a Rubricist+
My miniature painting blog.
 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut




The lizard-rat thingies could be handy for DOM's beast hunt. Just saying.

As for more titans, I say steady on. We've just had the Warbringer and Ordo and I'm sure the Ursus claws will be with us shortly. Life is actually good at the moment!

That said, I'm considering going back to straight maniples and freeblades now that the knight force rules are too awkward. Some new titans would be welcome all the same.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/03/12 11:08:56


Casual gamer, casual fun! 
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: