Switch Theme:

[Adeptus Titanicus] Report on your AT Projects!  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Dakka Veteran




Having a read through the Coordinated Strike rule in DOM( p36 ), it basically says that the order allows the lance banner to increase the strength of its weapon.

In the case of the Avengers and Castigators, it allows them to meet the minimum required strength of 4 to inflict damage to void shields.

Personally, I think it ought to be +1 for each additional knight in the banner. So the first chosen Knight is for directing the fire and the others then add to his firepower, pushing beyond the strength of 3. If its just one Knight on his own...it can't really be a coordinated attack!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/05/08 20:35:49


Casual gamer, casual fun! 
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran





Virginia

I like the new rule.
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran




The rule is pretty cool, gotta admit. Suddenly those rapid-fire glory-hounds have something to boast about!

Casual gamer, casual fun! 
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran




Finally got the DIY Warhound to the point where it is ready for detailing. The magnets are in place for weapons so hes at least usable now...



...might do a Reaver next or make this one a "looted" Ork Titan. Its been one hell of a learning experience all the same!

Casual gamer, casual fun! 
   
Made in no
Dakka Veteran






i dont have any of the building kits to use for scale, how big approx is a IG trooper in this game?
im planning some sort of bunker style building on the base on my warlord and need a rough size for doors.

darkswordminiatures.com
gamersgrass.com
Collects: Flames of War/Tanks. Wings/Sails of Glory. Warmachine. SW Armada. Adeptus Titanicus. 
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran




 FrozenDwarf wrote:
i dont have any of the building kits to use for scale, how big approx is a IG trooper in this game?
im planning some sort of bunker style building on the base on my warlord and need a rough size for doors.


Well, the marines in old Epic were rougly 6mm, so I'd imagine 4mm for a normal guardsman.

Casual gamer, casual fun! 
   
Made in fi
Dakka Veteran






SamusDrake wrote:
 FrozenDwarf wrote:
i dont have any of the building kits to use for scale, how big approx is a IG trooper in this game?
im planning some sort of bunker style building on the base on my warlord and need a rough size for doors.


Well, the marines in old Epic were rougly 6mm, so I'd imagine 4mm for a normal guardsman.


Incorrect. The old IG troopers were also 6mm, squats were a millimeter shorter while being sturdier than terminators and what not. Scales were somewhat softly defined.

Titanicus is measured towards 1:270 scale, where a normal 180 cm human is ~6,5 mm and the developers have said they'd make marines 8 mm if they get to that point some day. A 7-8 mm door will do fine for normal heights.

Heavily converted tall scaled 30k / 40k loyalist Death Guard blog here, C&C welcome https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/717557.page
Now with titans! Legio Favilla walks! 
   
Made in no
Dakka Veteran






thanks folks.

darkswordminiatures.com
gamersgrass.com
Collects: Flames of War/Tanks. Wings/Sails of Glory. Warmachine. SW Armada. Adeptus Titanicus. 
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran





Virginia

This may be a biased audience but do the rest of you all find AT to the be the most fun GW product to think about, plan, convert, look at other paint jobs, and work on? With the exception of Reaver legs I think this is probably the most enjoyable project since I started the hobby in 2005.
   
Made in no
Dakka Veteran






 Fajita Fan wrote:
This may be a biased audience but do the rest of you all find AT to the be the most fun GW product to think about, plan, convert, look at other paint jobs, and work on? With the exception of Reaver legs I think this is probably the most enjoyable project since I started the hobby in 2005.


for me, no.
i just have bigger inntrest in 15mm and below games, so i have the same level of inntrest in AT as i have in flames of war or dystopian wars.

darkswordminiatures.com
gamersgrass.com
Collects: Flames of War/Tanks. Wings/Sails of Glory. Warmachine. SW Armada. Adeptus Titanicus. 
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran





Virginia

You prefer FoW and Dystopian Wars to AT? What's wrong?
   
Made in no
Dakka Veteran






 Fajita Fan wrote:
You prefer FoW and Dystopian Wars to AT? What's wrong?


for Dystopian i love the exploding dice system. free dices ftw! (plus OOP Spartans resin models are ace quality)
for FoW, well the huge historical spread (ww1 to fictional cold war) plus its fun and fast spinoff skirmish variant.

but the moust important thing is that they are in MY eyes, miniatures (aka tiny, tiny small models). while AT is in the 6-8mm scale, the titans are in actual size, huge. when i did my reaver and hounds, i felt as if i was doing models for a 28mm scale game.
from a hobby perspective, i would have enjoyed AT more if it was in alot smaller scale.
as sutch i have a strong feeling i will enjoy the hobby aspect around Epic more then AT if Epic ever returns.


but now we are drifting off topic.........

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/05/16 05:22:05


darkswordminiatures.com
gamersgrass.com
Collects: Flames of War/Tanks. Wings/Sails of Glory. Warmachine. SW Armada. Adeptus Titanicus. 
   
Made in gb
Battlefield Tourist





On an Express Elevator to Hell!!

 Fajita Fan wrote:
This may be a biased audience but do the rest of you all find AT to the be the most fun GW product to think about, plan, convert, look at other paint jobs, and work on? With the exception of Reaver legs I think this is probably the most enjoyable project since I started the hobby in 2005.


Absolutely agree - the scale is just brilliant. Giant titans striding between buildings, combine with entire tank companies and hundreds of troops doing battle across humongous battlefields.

Not just AT - but the whole concept, really 'epic' in name and nature! There is a very good reason the game was a mainstay and core GW release for many years, you get such a good setting that you really can't match at 28mm scale.

Epic 30K&40K! A new players guide, contributors welcome https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/751316.page
Small but perfectly formed! A Great Crusade Epic 6mm project: https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/694411.page
Excellent discussion forum & information collection for Epic and other small scale miniatures: http://www.tacticalwargames.net/taccmd/index.php
 
   
Made in au
Watches History Channel




 FrozenDwarf wrote:
 Fajita Fan wrote:
You prefer FoW and Dystopian Wars to AT? What's wrong?


for Dystopian i love the exploding dice system. free dices ftw! (plus OOP Spartans resin models are ace quality)
for FoW, well the huge historical spread (ww1 to fictional cold war) plus its fun and fast spinoff skirmish variant.

but the moust important thing is that they are in MY eyes, miniatures (aka tiny, tiny small models). while AT is in the 6-8mm scale, the titans are in actual size, huge. when i did my reaver and hounds, i felt as if i was doing models for a 28mm scale game.
from a hobby perspective, i would have enjoyed AT more if it was in alot smaller scale.
as sutch i have a strong feeling i will enjoy the hobby aspect around Epic more then AT if Epic ever returns.


but now we are drifting off topic.........



Hmm. I feel the same way about the AT titans.

I like the models a lot, but not as much as the little classic Epic titans (which are more like 1:500 scale).

I still play old editions of Epic, and scrounging OOP titans hasn't been easy... but I don't think I'd want to use the AT titans in Epic games. Even though the new AT models are objectively the 'correct' scale compared to the infantry, while the old Epic models are much smaller than they should be, the Epic titans feel more 'right'. Even though they're smaller, they feel bigger. Possibly because the terrain around them is also usually smaller than it 'should' be, which makes it feel as if you're viewing the battlefield from a great height--as if it's all *huge* but a long way below.

Maybe it's just decades of familiarity with the old minis. I think it's more than that, though.

It struck me the other day while painting up the AT titans that they feel like big toys. I usually only get that feeling from chunky 28mm vehicles like Space Marine Land Raiders and the like.

Obviously, the old Epic titans are 'toy soldiers' too. Yet somehow they feel more... dignified.

It's weird--the smaller the scale, the more grown-up the game feels to me. Maybe it's because you feel more like a real (cliche) general standing around a map of a real continent while underlings push army markers around with those little broom things.

I feel the same way about metal vs plastic miniatures, which is why I try to go for metal whenever possible. The weight and material just give off a kind of indefinable reassuring aura that says 'dignified grown-up hobby with a long and respectable tradition stretching back to HG Wells'... while plastic miniatures just feel like cheap toys to me no matter how detailed they are. It's like eating at a fancy restaurant versus eating at McDonald's, or something.

Edited to add: One thing I'd really love to see Forgeworld do are a few vehicles or infantry as decorative terrain pieces to scatter around the board. Wrecked tanks, abandoned civilian vehicles and things of that nature. Currently it's a bit hard to get a sense of exactly how big the AT titans are because things like doors are tucked away out of sight. I experimented with a few old Micro Machines vehicles that were about the right scale--leaving them parked on the street as if abandoned--and it really helped to convey the scale of the AT models.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/05/16 09:46:04


 
   
Made in no
Dakka Veteran






Zenithfleet wrote:

Edited to add: One thing I'd really love to see Forgeworld do are a few vehicles or infantry as decorative terrain pieces to scatter around the board. Wrecked tanks, abandoned civilian vehicles and things of that nature. Currently it's a bit hard to get a sense of exactly how big the AT titans are because things like doors are tucked away out of sight. I experimented with a few old Micro Machines vehicles that were about the right scale--leaving them parked on the street as if abandoned--and it really helped to convey the scale of the AT models.


well, FW did show off this train last year, hopefully it comes this year and that it is the first of many non building terrain kits for AT.


darkswordminiatures.com
gamersgrass.com
Collects: Flames of War/Tanks. Wings/Sails of Glory. Warmachine. SW Armada. Adeptus Titanicus. 
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran





Virginia

 FrozenDwarf wrote:
 Fajita Fan wrote:
You prefer FoW and Dystopian Wars to AT? What's wrong?


for Dystopian i love the exploding dice system. free dices ftw! (plus OOP Spartans resin models are ace quality)
for FoW, well the huge historical spread (ww1 to fictional cold war) plus its fun and fast spinoff skirmish variant.

but the moust important thing is that they are in MY eyes, miniatures (aka tiny, tiny small models). while AT is in the 6-8mm scale, the titans are in actual size, huge. when i did my reaver and hounds, i felt as if i was doing models for a 28mm scale game.
from a hobby perspective, i would have enjoyed AT more if it was in alot smaller scale.
as sutch i have a strong feeling i will enjoy the hobby aspect around Epic more then AT if Epic ever returns.


but now we are drifting off topic.........


Oh I totally agree about the model size. I'd gladly sacrifice a bunch of detail if the models were about 65% the size they are now. As it is I need one hell of a huge case to transport just half of my models. I keep buying bigger and bigger Rubbermaid tubs from Walmart as my AT collection grows and I don't know how to pack them short of just buying a roll of bubble wrap.
   
Made in gb
Battlefield Tourist





On an Express Elevator to Hell!!

 FrozenDwarf wrote:
Zenithfleet wrote:

Edited to add: One thing I'd really love to see Forgeworld do are a few vehicles or infantry as decorative terrain pieces to scatter around the board. Wrecked tanks, abandoned civilian vehicles and things of that nature. Currently it's a bit hard to get a sense of exactly how big the AT titans are because things like doors are tucked away out of sight. I experimented with a few old Micro Machines vehicles that were about the right scale--leaving them parked on the street as if abandoned--and it really helped to convey the scale of the AT models.


well, FW did show off this train last year, hopefully it comes this year and that it is the first of many non building terrain kits for AT.



That looks really cool!

In the meantime, there is an equivalent that's recently been released from a company called OTP Terrain - very reasonable £14 for a complete engine and carriages set
https://www.otpterrain.com/collections/6mm-sets/products/6mm-gothic-train-starter-set



They also do a range of scale railway track, which is an absolute god-send for anyone wanting a railway for their AT/Epic boards - only alternatives up to now have been either TT scale (which I think is a bit large - certainly the trains) and (I think) Japan-only Z scale, which is super expensive.

Epic 30K&40K! A new players guide, contributors welcome https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/751316.page
Small but perfectly formed! A Great Crusade Epic 6mm project: https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/694411.page
Excellent discussion forum & information collection for Epic and other small scale miniatures: http://www.tacticalwargames.net/taccmd/index.php
 
   
Made in no
Dakka Veteran






there is allso this train kit but it is on the expensive side
https://hardwarestudios.co/product/imperial-repulsor-train/

on a different note, i think i finaly found some inspiration to remove the skrinkwrap from my warlord.
after beeing stuck on a box of cerastus for months cuz i selected yellow details on one of them that sucks out all will to paint AT, legio Crusius looks realy good to me. allso i havent painted blue models in many years.

darkswordminiatures.com
gamersgrass.com
Collects: Flames of War/Tanks. Wings/Sails of Glory. Warmachine. SW Armada. Adeptus Titanicus. 
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran




Adding left over pieces from a Warhound kit to a scratch-built frame and its really looking the part now. Defintely a traitor and I'm giving him a pair of flame cannons for that "terrorize the civilians" kind of vibe.

The rear engines are the only challenge left and will probably end up looking boxy. I'm thinking of shoulder flags similar to the 90s Warhounds to counter this, while having a burning building to do the same for the feet.

I'm wondering about painting him as a Mortis hound, using red to highlight the better GW pieces and the scratch-pieces would be a less obvious black or very dark grey.

Casual gamer, casual fun! 
   
Made in no
Dakka Veteran






Finaly done with my Cerastus Knights box. (not going to buy more of these.....)



This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2019/05/19 17:35:13


darkswordminiatures.com
gamersgrass.com
Collects: Flames of War/Tanks. Wings/Sails of Glory. Warmachine. SW Armada. Adeptus Titanicus. 
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran




Good work on the Cerastus! Minimal but very effective colour schemes.

Is the top blue Knight from house Mamaragon?

Casual gamer, casual fun! 
   
Made in no
Dakka Veteran






SamusDrake wrote:
Good work on the Cerastus! Minimal but very effective colour schemes.

Is the top blue Knight from house Mamaragon?


Nope, that one was painted in march long before i saw the artwork that is in the latest book.
The lamp on my desk changed the actual tone a bit on both models to the brighter. yellow is in reality dark yellow and blue is in reality turquoise.

I found simple and minimal paintjobs to be an ok result for the table for this game if you do it neatly, and i paint the colors that i feel comfy with. In terms of "background", with so mutch devestation in the conflicts there is bound to be sole surviving units/titans and i gather them up in my "reserve maniple".

darkswordminiatures.com
gamersgrass.com
Collects: Flames of War/Tanks. Wings/Sails of Glory. Warmachine. SW Armada. Adeptus Titanicus. 
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran





Virginia

 FrozenDwarf wrote:
Finaly done with my Cerastus Knights box. (not going to buy more of these.....)




Why are you not getting any more? Those look great.
   
Made in no
Dakka Veteran






 Fajita Fan wrote:

Why are you not getting any more? Those look great.


thanks.
mainly, dont like the models. they are allmoust as tall as a warhound.... i expected them to be the same size as the Questoris, plus im a bit done with knights now. i want to do some titans.

and that puts the upcoming Acastus in a wierd spot. as tall as a warhound and moust likely same base as the hound, yet it is a knight........
how can something that is in the same size range be a knight and not a titan? (hound is scale 6, acastus is scale 5...)

darkswordminiatures.com
gamersgrass.com
Collects: Flames of War/Tanks. Wings/Sails of Glory. Warmachine. SW Armada. Adeptus Titanicus. 
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran




 FrozenDwarf wrote:
 Fajita Fan wrote:

Why are you not getting any more? Those look great.


thanks.
mainly, dont like the models. they are allmoust as tall as a warhound.... i expected them to be the same size as the Questoris, plus im a bit done with knights now. i want to do some titans.

and that puts the upcoming Acastus in a wierd spot. as tall as a warhound and moust likely same base as the hound, yet it is a knight........
how can something that is in the same size range be a knight and not a titan? (hound is scale 6, acastus is scale 5...)


It makes more sense when you compare the Acastus to the Cerastus, rather than to the Warhound. While those Knights are just about the same height as the Warhound, they don't have the same build. If one leaves off the amour and armament for the Acastus and Warhound...I'll make a guess and say that the frame of the Warhound would be bigger, being wider and with more length from engine to snout.

I'm assuming that the sprue of the Acastus is the same size as the previous Knights and will sell for £20 each, which is half the price of a set of two Warhounds. I'd say if you pit them against each other that both would suffer serious damage, with the Warhound winning by attrition alone( he can repair his structure and shields ) and would probably destroy the Acastus.

On the other hand, an Acastus/Warhound team would be a force to be reckoned with! Where the Warhound deals with shield removal and pest-control( enemy knights ), the Acastus could provide the killing punch.

Casual gamer, casual fun! 
   
Made in us
Dominating Dominatrix






Southeastern PA, USA

SamusDrake wrote:
On the other hand, an Acastus/Warhound team would be a force to be reckoned with! Where the Warhound deals with shield removal and pest-control( enemy knights ), the Acastus could provide the killing punch.


As an Audax player who uses the Lupercal maniple exclusively, I have trouble seeing how a gunline Knight fits in. I can't gunline...I have to win with movement, and in that context I mostly need my Knights to play the skirmisher role.

I know you're not talking about my specific situation, but I think some of the logic still holds if you're fielding heavier Titans. Why not bring the boom with the heavy Titans and use Knights to get in the way and run stuff down? To me, the Acastus mainly makes sense in the context of an all-Knights force, providing more firepower than the other varieties. But maybe I'm not theoryhammering it properly. *shrug*

My World Eaters Showcase
View my Genestealer Cult! Article - Gallery - Blog
Best Appearance - GW Baltimore GT 2008, Colonial GT 2012

DQ:70+S++++G+M++++B++I+Pw40k90#+D++A+++/fWD66R++T(Ot)DM+++

 
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran




You are correct, Gorgon, yet as a Maniple can have Knight support, a Lance can have Titan support. Given the lower point cost, and their speed, the Warhound could be a popular choice for Household players.

As much as I love the knights, I would still turn up to the table with at least one Titan in the group.

Casual gamer, casual fun! 
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran





Virginia

Been working on my Knight household Seneschal as I wait for my boxes of Questoris and Cerastus knights to arrive. That's a Runefang from a Fantasy general that I shaved his hand off and kept for a special project someday, I used a right shield hand and this will count as a lance.

My updated list before the Acastus Knights are released:
2000pts:

First Banner:
4 Cerastus Knights (Senechal's banner)
2 Lancers, 1 sword/Gatling, 1 chainfist/flamer
Battle Standard
2 Cerastus Lancers
2 Cerastus Lancers

Second Banner:
3 Cerastus Lancers
3 Questoris Knights (dual melee CCW)
3 Questoris Knights (Thermal cannon, CCW)

Third Banner:
2 Cerastus Lancers
3 Questoris Knights (Thermal cannon, CCW)
3 Questoris Knights (Gatling, CCW)

Freeblade Banner of Questoris Knights (fills out points)
Iron Butterfly (battlecannon/Gatling)
Highlander (battlecannon/sword) [THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE]
Emerald Lancer (thermal cannon/CCW)
Shadow Thief (dual CCW, meltagun)
[Thumb - gallery_124045_14965_64711.jpeg]

[Thumb - gallery_124045_14965_16009.jpeg]

[Thumb - gallery_124045_14965_62094.jpeg]

   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran




Fajita Fan, I do approve of your Cerastus! Very swanky indeed!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2019/05/22 22:18:12


Casual gamer, casual fun! 
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran





Virginia

Still looking at changing the shield but after boxing up most of my bits boxes into Rubbermaid tubs it's a challenge finding anything now.
   
 
Forum Index » Games Workshop Board Games & Specialist Games
Go to: