Switch Theme:

So what are you doing today? Hobbywise only.  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert

Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.

Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut

 Zach wrote:
^ So the new guys have shoulders fixed, or are they separate from the torso?

They are all fixed to something. Some are fixed to arms, some to torso

Made in us
Legendary Master of the Chapter

 Zach wrote:
^ So the new guys have shoulders fixed, or are they separate from the torso?

Gotta build me some Eldar today, two of my least favorite kits at that. (Wraithguard and a Wraithknight)

the new kit is push fit stuff.

its all fixed up to the shoulder pads
the arms are separate but they only fit in specific models.

the heads are kinda free. they are keyed but otherwise can be clipped and glued however you want.

 Unit1126PLL wrote:
 Scott-S6 wrote:
And yet another thread is hijacked for Unit to ask for the same advice, receive the same answers and make the same excuses.

Oh my god I'm becoming martel.
Send help!

Made in us
Near Golden Daemon Caliber

Illinois

Being seduced by the dark eldar (again), that's what I'm doing...

Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut

Workin on some DI stuff, heading to the shop for awhile, hopefully get a "test" game in as well.

Made in ca
Fixture of Dakka

Surrey, BC - Canada

Going to seal the Ork additions to the Battlewagon. Continuing to work on the terrain. Reading the rules and designing a 50 Force Point Guard army.

Cheers,

CB

Made in gb
Painting Within the Lines

Finished off my solo Dark Souls run as Herald against the Dancer. Unexpectedly beat her without dying once. Because heal spell and running away.

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't

Made in us
Powerful Phoenix Lord

Received a dreadnought in the mail.

It's been based, primed, and I've painted 1/3rd of it. Will probably take up the rest of my day.

Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut

 EmberlordofFire8 wrote:
Dude, I LOVE wraithguard!

I meant that in the "I hate putting the kit together" sense, so much superfluous stuff in it. Same thing as a Riptide or Knight Titan, I can put a Forge World resin Knight together in literally half the time as the plastic knight.

Made in us
Powerful Phoenix Lord

Finished the dreadnought - dipped its components.

Then assembled and magnetized a dozer blade for the Rhino/Predator/(Soon to be vindicator). Also painted up the bases on my 10 newly painted cultists. Had a productive day. Being hindered by poor weather though.

Made in gb
The Last Chancer Who Survived

United Kingdom

Death Masque's plastic Eldrad has gotten plastic surgery, a facelift and gender reassignment...

Still got some touching up to do, and then a coat of Army Painter varnish. Not long now :3

Made in us
Legendary Master of the Chapter

this chump. i see some areas i forgot to highlight :/

 Unit1126PLL wrote:
 Scott-S6 wrote:
And yet another thread is hijacked for Unit to ask for the same advice, receive the same answers and make the same excuses.

Oh my god I'm becoming martel.
Send help!

Made in us
Powerful Phoenix Lord

After a kick ass session yesterday today...I'm painting a dozer blade, lol. That's it.

Made in us
Snord

Midwest USA

Today for me consists of organizing old models in order to sell them off, maybe some more prep work on my Reaper Bones 3 Kickstarter models (so many figures...), and helping my wife pick out which Hirst Arts molds she wants to start making some homemade castles (already got some Plaster of Paris to try out!).

Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut

The Hirst Arts stuff is fun, its addicitive..

The Wizards tower one is a good one to start with, plaster of paris is not what you want though, well maybe to test, its what to brittle - get casting plaster, like hyrdostone etc.

Today:
cleaning up some old AoBR orks ready to repaint in the desert blood axe colours I'm going with..

Trying to remember the colours I used, last time I touched this project was when 7th came out

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/06/22 18:20:58

Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka

Glasgow, Scotland

Playing around with some light tanks for my German stuff. Well, by light I mean a Panzer II with a 75mm gun off of a Panther and other silliness...

Made in ca
Fixture of Dakka

Surrey, BC - Canada

Still working on my customer made attachments for the FW Valkyries to take GW plastic stands.

Cheers,

CB

Made in us
Snord

Midwest USA

leopard wrote:
The Hirst Arts stuff is fun, its addicitive..

The Wizards tower one is a good one to start with, plaster of paris is not what you want though, well maybe to test, its what to brittle - get casting plaster, like hyrdostone etc.
No worries; plaster is what is available at our local shops, and will be a good enough to see if we do enjoy casting our own castles and everything. If we do, we will definitely be upgrading to the better materials (already found a place to purchase it).

Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka

My Adam West Batmobile and Tumbler turned up today. - Don't worry, the Tumbler is black like all the others, just for some reason it decided to massively reflect the flash of the camera.

Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut

Scotland

On my third day of painting 3 Tyranid Warriors. Got most of it done so far. I just need to finish the guns, attach them, paint the joints and base them.

Went to my club instead of finishing them. Played Brits in a WW1 rear guard action. Lets just say von Kluck is going to be retiring early.

Made in us
Bloodthirsty Chaos Knight

Las Vegas, NV

I'll be committing a t least an hour to read 8th edition rules in a little while. Went to the GW store in Glendale for the 1st time today, I'm new to 40k. It's lone employee is a cool guy named Chad and we had a chat. Ordered Arjac Stonefist through the store and bought a box of Wolf Guard Terminators off the shelf. All in all it looks like the LA 40k crew is a decent lot based on the people I've met at a couple different stores. The painted Space Wolves army I bought is 1 day away according to USPS tracking. I'll be refreshing that tracking quite a bit tomorrow.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/06/23 03:03:03

What's the matter, kid? Don't you like clowns?

Made in us
Legendary Master of the Chapter

Miserably failing Decals

also noticed that there is no imp fist decals on the dark imperium starter.

the hell?

 Unit1126PLL wrote:
 Scott-S6 wrote:
And yet another thread is hijacked for Unit to ask for the same advice, receive the same answers and make the same excuses.

Oh my god I'm becoming martel.
Send help!

Made in us
Blackclad Wayfarer

Philadelphia

>setting up table
>taking pictures of table
>playing a demo game with my SO ideally

Made in ch
Warning From Magnus? Not Listening!

Holy Terra.

 Desubot wrote:
Miserably failing Decals

also noticed that there is no imp fist decals on the dark imperium starter.

the hell?

The tac squad frame has plenty, and so does SM vehicle transfer sheet.

 EmberlordofFire8 wrote:
 Desubot wrote:
Miserably failing Decals

also noticed that there is no imp fist decals on the dark imperium starter.

the hell?

The tac squad frame has plenty, and so does SM vehicle transfer sheet.

oh no i have a literal bucket full of all sorts of transfers. thats not whats bothering me.

just that the new box set only has smurfs, DA, wolf, an i think some one else.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/06/23 15:39:52

 Unit1126PLL wrote:
 Scott-S6 wrote:
And yet another thread is hijacked for Unit to ask for the same advice, receive the same answers and make the same excuses.

Oh my god I'm becoming martel.
Send help!

Made in ca
Deathwing Terminator with Assault Cannon

Trying to get a yellow I like for my Primaris Marines. This may take awhile.

Made in gb
The Last Chancer Who Survived

United Kingdom

So I have a Fire Prism, and it looks like this:
Spoiler:

It's also useless in 8e right now, and its place in my army is to be taken by a Wave Serpent, which, as a transport, has a greater AT capacity than the Prism...
Anyways, I'm broke atm so that means I can't just buy a Serpent.

...Bitz box to the rescue!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/06/23 19:27:00

Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut

North Carolina

Drying 10 lbs of dirt in my oven for some commission terrain pieces before my girlfriend gets home from work... For some reason I think she'd not be OK with it being in there, haha.

Made in gb
The Last Chancer Who Survived

United Kingdom

Aaand... conversion done! One Wave Serpent with Twin Bright Lances!

Made in us
Ultramarine Master with Gauntlets of Macragge

What's left of Cadia

That's a really nicely done conversion Selym!

TheEyeOfNight- I swear, this thread is 70% smack talk, 20% RP organization, and 10% butt jokes
TheEyeOfNight- "Ordo Xenos reports that the Necrons have attained democracy, kamikaze tendencies, and nuclear fission. It's all tits up, sir."
Space Marine flyers are shaped for the greatest possible air resistance so that the air may never defeat the SPACE MARINES!
Sternguard though, those guys are all about kicking ass. They'd chew bubble gum as well, but bubble gum is heretical. Only tau chew gum

Made in ch
Warning From Magnus? Not Listening!

Holy Terra.

I'll probably build and magnetise the first unit Wraithguard, and then maybe finish painting a few KSons.

Forum Index » Dakka Discussions
Go to: