Switch Theme:

Might makes Right! - Codex Orks 2021 Tactics  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in ca
Fresh-Faced New User




Been able to play about a dozen games in 9th edition now and I’m loving it. I’m curious if you all even tried to run 30 boyz units or just chalked it up as a loss and moved on. For me they have been wildly successful. Goffs are really strong in this middle board focused game. The 30 man unit is hard to move with T5 and now paired with a force field that works in close combat and doesn’t require “ fully within” makes them able to spread across a large footprint and still benefit from all the juicy aura buffs. Paired with a Warboss +1 to hit and Ghazghkull rerolling 1s these guys are brutal. Choppas AP-1 is all you could really ask for and with +1 strength on the charge you can really thump. Morale is really not as big a deal as it was in previous editions and a tax of 2 or 3 boys every other turn is hardly even noticed. I think Goff boyz are better than ever and 30 man units are still the way to go. I’m really interested to see how beast snagga boyz play in 10 man units play but I have a lot of painting before that will happen.
   
Made in us
Insect-Infested Nurgle Chaos Lord





In My Lab

What benefits are there to a 30 Boy squad instead of three 10 Boy squads?

Nothing you listed is a unit-specific buff, they're all auras.

Clocks for the clockmaker! Cogs for the cog throne! 
   
Made in ca
Fresh-Faced New User




The benefit is being able to stretch the unit out to gain the buff while being in a combat across the table. In my experience movement & spacing is the most important part of the game and having that footprint is the advantage I was trying to convey.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/10/12 21:16:21


 
   
Made in us
Big Mek in Kustom Dragster with Soopa-Gun





Nebraska, USA

Face somebody that debuffs and you wont think that way.

There is literally nothing beneficial to running 30 boyz anymore. Not a damn thing in our codex buffs them that isnt a static aura anyway.

Multiple 10man units gets you:
More klaws/saws in the Nob
Ability to cover multiple objectives
Ability to finesse your aggression since its just a small squad and can easily move around
Use transports
Waste enemy anti-horde shooting, as they cannot kill more than 10 no matter how mean that gun is without risking leaving some of them alive
Deny debuffs from being maximized.

A single 30man squad gets you:
Ability to wrap an opponent easier

Had we character buffs that specifically buff a single Core unit, or even just the Boyz, then there would be an argument for it. Thats why 20man Warrior blobs for necrons exist, despite all the negatives they have so many ways to buff them that is not an aura that it outweighs the downside.

I stopped using big blobs of boyz a long time ago, when they were a good tactic still, because the amount of times i'd have 1-2 models in the way drove me nuts. Having a full 25+ mob of boyz slap into 1-2 marines is such an insult. But a 10man boy squad? Meh, not that big a deal.
Not to mention i tend to put Kombi Rokkits on the nob, so i get 2 rokkits per 10 rather than 1.
Not to mention i face a lot of debuff spells. Getting a full 30man blob hit by Doom is annoying.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2021/10/12 21:32:23


An ork with an idea tends to end with a bang.

14000pts Big 'n Bad Orkz
6000pts Admech/Knights
7500pts Necron Goldboys 
   
Made in ca
Fresh-Faced New User




If I were to argue against it I would mention multiple units to perform actions as well & Trukk boyz. But now you are spending a lot more points for your 3 10 man units when you pay for 3 rokkits and klaws 2 klaws & 2 rokkits = 1 meganob. Debuff doesn’t matter in I have 4 boys in combat and 22 spread across and objective. Wrapping 22 around is basic day one but yea unnecessary. Using 22 boys that can’t be shot because 4 are in combat to hold a point is better. The idea is to get them in the way and they do require a lot more attention to whittle away than they used too. I’m not arguing against 10 man squads I haven’t ever played them for a horde list but I don’t think the 30 unit is dead in the water like everyone is saying. I’m interested what a tide list of 10 man boy units looks like.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 2021/10/12 22:15:08


 
   
Made in us
Heroic Senior Officer





Western Kentucky

 Singleton Mosby wrote:
Does the Forgeworld Kannonwagon have ramshackle?

Yes, all the forgeworld non superheavy vehicles got it. Even the squiggoth for some reason. However the kill tank lost it.

'I've played Guard for years, and the best piece of advice is to always utilize the Guard's best special rule: "we roll more dice than you" ' - stormleader

"Sector Imperialis: 25mm and 40mm Round Bases (40+20) 26€ (Including 32 skulls for basing) " GW design philosophy in a nutshell  
   
Made in cz
Bonkers Buggy Driver with Rockets





Prague

 Singleton Mosby wrote:
Does the Forgeworld Kannonwagon have ramshackle?

Yes via last FAQ


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Vineheart01 wrote:

There is literally nothing beneficial to running 30 boyz anymore. Not a damn thing in our codex buffs them that isnt a static aura anyway.


Well, the biggest issue of all now is the moral with the Mob Rule cripled…

How can one keep blobs alive? Paying CP every turn and hope just one of them will be the target?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/10/13 05:18:40


10500p and one Ad Mech T-shirt 
   
Made in fr
Mutilatin' Mad Dok






The goff strat procuring extra hits on 5s and 6s instead of just 6s is a reason to take 30 man blobs instead of 3 times 10.

I played an RTT last sunday with my freebooter vehicule (a dakkajet a wasbom three single scrapjets and three single sguigbuggies) + deathskull infantry list (three 5 kommando mobs and two 5 stormboy mobs), all this with a speedwaaghing Wartrike, a sguigosaure (managed to finish painting the model just in time !) and an obsec mega armour warboss.
I did good, as I won my first two games and lost my last one to the winner of the RTT while going second all three games. Faced Sistas, Deathguard, and nids in that order (lost to nids because Hive guards are broken good in the current meta (they targeted my obsec troops and that was pretty much it from there on), unless you have denbse terrain or a way to proc -1 to be hit). All three lists were top meta variants, piloted by comp/good players, as is usually the case where I play.
I think the sort of list I brought (it is a rather classic archetype by now) has a really good match up against sisters, deathguard, grey knights, and quite a few others. But no LoS firing hurts it badly, especially when going second, so I am unsure the list will hold up as the meta evolves.

Well let me tell you, unless I had been up against drukari, I think a 120 (four 30 blobs) goff hord army with ghaz would have worked pretty fine.

So I wouldn't dismiss what Greenblood is saying. I do think that some match ups are hard though, like grey knights and druk (first one to come to mind). I would have utterly destroyed that tyranid list if I had brought a 120 goff hord.

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at 2021/10/13 07:45:24


Ere we go ere we go ere we go
Corona Givin’ Umies Da good ol Krulpin they deserve huh huh 
   
Made in de
Ork Admiral Kroozin Da Kosmos on Da Hulk






Greenblood wrote:
Man what a year to play Orks!!!!! I remember when the only kits in the store were stikkbomma boyz and ard boyz how far we have come! So many new models and such a beautiful range and best of all a codex built to win not for comic relief.


While I wouldn't exactly agree with "codex built to win" (more like "whoops, it actually works somehow"), but it's definitely a good one. IMO it's the first codex that can take on 4th edition's codex by Phil Kelly and not look like a bland piece of cardboard in comparison.

Earth is not flat
Vaccines work
We've been to the moon
Climate change is real
Chemtrails aren't a thing
Evolution is a fact
Orks are not a melee army
Stand up for science!
 
   
Made in fr
Mutilatin' Mad Dok






 Tomsug wrote:
 Singleton Mosby wrote:
Does the Forgeworld Kannonwagon have ramshackle?

Yes via last FAQ


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Vineheart01 wrote:

There is literally nothing beneficial to running 30 boyz anymore. Not a damn thing in our codex buffs them that isnt a static aura anyway.


Well, the biggest issue of all now is the moral with the Mob Rule cripled…

How can one keep blobs alive? Paying CP every turn and hope just one of them will be the target?


You just accept losing around 280 points for a 30 blob with a klaw (can we still get two killsaws on nobs ?) here and there. KFF and painboy (with extra 3 to the feel no pain aura) can mitigate some losses, and you pay 2 cp to auto pass morale here and there. You can lose 3 boyz to other morale tests like Greenblood said.
Again, some match ups are auto lose because some armies trade too good on them, and will delete one in the shooting + psy phase, then one in the fight phase.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/10/13 07:47:07


Ere we go ere we go ere we go
Corona Givin’ Umies Da good ol Krulpin they deserve huh huh 
   
Made in de
Ork Admiral Kroozin Da Kosmos on Da Hulk






Greenblood wrote:
If I were to argue against it I would mention multiple units to perform actions as well & Trukk boyz. But now you are spending a lot more points for your 3 10 man units when you pay for 3 rokkits and klaws 2 klaws & 2 rokkits = 1 meganob. Debuff doesn’t matter in I have 4 boys in combat and 22 spread across and objective. Wrapping 22 around is basic day one but yea unnecessary. Using 22 boys that can’t be shot because 4 are in combat to hold a point is better. The idea is to get them in the way and they do require a lot more attention to whittle away than they used too. I’m not arguing against 10 man squads I haven’t ever played them for a horde list but I don’t think the 30 unit is dead in the water like everyone is saying. I’m interested what a tide list of 10 man boy units looks like.


Debuffs matter a lot if you face an army like DG or eldar which have psychic powers and stratagems that can severely hamstring units with psychic powers. They can only use them once, and if 30 models are affected by them, you lose a lot more than when just 10 get hit.

About wrapping, I feel like the need for this has completely disappeared in 9th, since you are no longer relying on a single unit attacking from da jump and survive until the rest of your army survives. In addition, most armies have powefull counter-charge units in place, and if they don't, they can either shoot into combat or make a desperate breakout.
With truckboyz, kommadoz, bikers and stormboyz having no trouble getting into the enemy lines, you can just aim to tag as many units as possible and simply reduce shooting by enough to no longer care about units falling back and shooting your chargers.

In my experience, most armies I faced regularly (necrons, DA, drukhari) actually need less shooting to grind down mobs of 30 despite T5. First turn they can just spread their shooting to maximize moral casualties and second turn they shoot and charge to finish them off or at least take them down to a level where they can't deal a lot of damage anymore. Even when I'm playing my DG, which used to struggle vs the old green tide, I can now take down mobs of 30 with little troubles, especially when one of the terminator units get involved.

A list of 10 strong mobs essentially tries to get around fielding boyz as much as possible. Kommadoz, storm boyz and warbikers are pretty much boyz, but better. You essentially max out those and add some boyz for objective holding.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/10/13 08:02:48


Earth is not flat
Vaccines work
We've been to the moon
Climate change is real
Chemtrails aren't a thing
Evolution is a fact
Orks are not a melee army
Stand up for science!
 
   
Made in fr
Mutilatin' Mad Dok






I would say currently contemptors with volkite are THE hard counter to toughness 5 tee shirt save boyz.
So actually; boyz suck. in 10, in 30, they suck.

Kommandos and stormboyz can avoid getting shot before they charge, the rest just suck.

Trukk boyz too I guess but I don't want to pay for a trukk (I know some make them work but they are just not for me).

Jidmah doesn't seem to face many of them hah hah. Must be nice to play in a less comp environment from time to time.

Ere we go ere we go ere we go
Corona Givin’ Umies Da good ol Krulpin they deserve huh huh 
   
Made in de
Ork Admiral Kroozin Da Kosmos on Da Hulk






People don't bring stuff like that to crusades. Plus people are very careful of investing into FW resin after they have been culling units left and right. The only contemptors I have faced are counts-as leviathans.

The issue with 9th edition matched play is that it's super repetitive and is boring people, so it completely died here. Only a hand full of WAAC people held on to it, but they have ran out of opponents. For that reason, I don't really have much to contribute outside of general unit strategies these days.

Mind you, the game is more fun that way especially since orks have great crusade rules. My Waaagh! has already usurped its Waaagh! Boss twice

That said, even in 50PL crusade games, no one as any issues evaporating blobs of 30 boyz. I'd always go with trukk boyz because you can use scrap to slap silly kustom jobs on their ride.

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at 2021/10/13 11:11:18


Earth is not flat
Vaccines work
We've been to the moon
Climate change is real
Chemtrails aren't a thing
Evolution is a fact
Orks are not a melee army
Stand up for science!
 
   
Made in gb
Smokin' Skorcha Driver





United Kingdom

So I've just realised that the Squigboss and two smasha squigs I'm running basically in their own detachment is exactly the same cost in points as a giga shoota kill tank, and I actually end up with more CP. I may have to have a go
   
Made in us
Fresh-Faced New User




Ok I get it this is a buggy boy forum. I’ll leave you all to argue about scrapjets for 30 more pages. But remember I was the guy who told you Goff green tide is still alive and well. Go try for yourself.
   
Made in de
Ork Admiral Kroozin Da Kosmos on Da Hulk






That's a dishonest representation of the arguments that have been presented to you. If you were just looking for praise and confirmation, I can assure you that this community is not the right one for you. I hope you find one more to your liking.

Earth is not flat
Vaccines work
We've been to the moon
Climate change is real
Chemtrails aren't a thing
Evolution is a fact
Orks are not a melee army
Stand up for science!
 
   
Made in us
Sneaky Kommando






Greenblood wrote:
Ok I get it this is a buggy boy forum. I’ll leave you all to argue about scrapjets for 30 more pages. But remember I was the guy who told you Goff green tide is still alive and well. Go try for yourself.


Out of curiosity, what armies do your usual opponents play? I play Goffs against DG, BA, or Necrons usually and my boys almost never survive more than 2 turns unless they are cowering behind LOS blocking terrain, 30 man blob or not.


3500+
3300+
1000
1850
2000 
   
Made in fr
Mutilatin' Mad Dok






 Jidmah wrote:
People don't bring stuff like that to crusades. Plus people are very careful of investing into FW resin after they have been culling units left and right. The only contemptors I have faced are counts-as leviathans.

The issue with 9th edition matched play is that it's super repetitive and is boring people, so it completely died here. Only a hand full of WAAC people held on to it, but they have ran out of opponents. For that reason, I don't really have much to contribute outside of general unit strategies these days.

Mind you, the game is more fun that way especially since orks have great crusade rules. My Waaagh! has already usurped its Waaagh! Boss twice

That said, even in 50PL crusade games, no one as any issues evaporating blobs of 30 boyz. I'd always go with trukk boyz because you can use scrap to slap silly kustom jobs on their ride.


I agree that 9th edition matched play is quite repetitive, but I think the people I play have forgotten what it is like to play in any other way than competitively. I remember very well (how I found ways to tone down lists and all) but I think I will just have to try alternative builds and get my ass kicked.
Gungo in the army list section presented a pretty nice "non speedwaagh" list with two kill rigs, so I will try a variant of that when my second kill rig (the real model) is ready for play.

But yeah, once you have faced all the common archetypes (a few have eluded me so far), 9th ed matched play does seem like all games will be kind of similar. The preset terrain shares a lot of the blame IMHO, its not just "meta armies"

Ere we go ere we go ere we go
Corona Givin’ Umies Da good ol Krulpin they deserve huh huh 
   
Made in us
Grovelin' Grot




Greenblood wrote:
Ok I get it this is a buggy boy forum. I’ll leave you all to argue about scrapjets for 30 more pages. But remember I was the guy who told you Goff green tide is still alive and well. Go try for yourself.


You voiced your point of view and opinion, and were presented arguments that pointed out critical flaws on it. It's up to you to prove your point of view not to us.

All I read is people arguing against your case... if you can't deal with that then your the one expecting to be applauded for your opinion not us.

Present credible evidence of your idea and I am sure you will get heard.

I was even going to point that ,from your limited experience, that you haven't shown anything to validate your case
meck with bubble? sure also affects other things so it's not really relevant
warboss with +1? sure but that also affects other stuff so it's not really relevant
You mentioned you can stretch 30 to interrupt and maintain control of a point, same thing can happen with just 2 units of 10. 10 to take and do actions 10 to interrupt.. not sure what's your point. add to that that yours's is still vulnerable to morale and blast and costing more..

So... I can't seem to see the advantage you mentioned...

The question is pretty simple, what are the advantages of 30 boy's versus bringing 2/3x10 or another unit. What play's can you say are possible with 30 that won't be available with 3x10 or 2x10.
   
Made in us
Big Mek in Kustom Dragster with Soopa-Gun





Nebraska, USA

Nowhere in my post did i say buggies are better.
They are, but theyre also a totally different playstyle. You dont HAVE to use buggies to do good in this codex, theyre just the obvious one.

I simply said multiple x10 > less x30.

True there is the Goff strat, forgot bout that one, but how often do you swing with more than ~14 bodies anyway? The rest are either dead by the time they charge or bogged down behind the tide so they cant swing anyway.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/10/13 13:49:29


An ork with an idea tends to end with a bang.

14000pts Big 'n Bad Orkz
6000pts Admech/Knights
7500pts Necron Goldboys 
   
Made in us
Fresh-Faced New User




So I asked had anyone actually tried it in 9th and the answers I got essentially amounted to a resounding no.
I admit I was skeptical of it when I read the new codex. I came here to say after play testing it against a lot of different opponents it actually works surprisingly well. Better than in 8th edition when it was very good.
People are counter arguing points I never made. I never advocating to wrap units. I never said stormboyz and kommandos aren’t good they are boyz I’m here saying boyz are good. I’m not sure what you all want from boyz that you didn’t get in the new book. If you want to doom a unit of my troops that is a win in my book. It’s laughable to say I have limited experience when I have been playing this game since the 90s. I read this whole thread and saw plenty of people asking about tide lists and getting shut down by people who never even tried it or stopped several editions ago. If you can’t figure out how a giant footprint is helpful to an aura based army I can’t really help you succeed. If you can’t see how playing a list nobody is building to counter is an advantage I can’t help you. I came to say that if you try it you may be pleasantly surprised and all I heard is people telling me they won’t try it. I understand the benefits of multiple 10 man units but it seems nobody wants to understand the benefits I am pointing out. Kudos to you for realizing that Goff auras affect units other than boyz. Doesn’t make it any less effective for helping boys because my stormboyz and meganobz also benefit. 30 man boyz at T5 with an invulnerable are somehow easier to kill than a 5 man unit of kommandos in cover according to the people countering my points so why should I explain any further.
   
Made in us
Insect-Infested Nurgle Chaos Lord





In My Lab

3+ vs 6+ means that 15 Kommandos in cover are harder to shift than 30 Boys.
Obscuring terrain means a 5-Kommando squad might only be targetable by NLoS shooting. 30 Boys will almost never be out of line of sight.

Do you have any battle reports to share, where your 30-Boy squads did good work?

Clocks for the clockmaker! Cogs for the cog throne! 
   
Made in dk
Longtime Dakkanaut




Danmark

The way i see it, Boys are not useful in this codex. That doesnt mean a semi horde with lots of infantry cant be useful, but it wont be boys. It will be something with 30-45 storm boys, and 30-45 kommandos.

Not 90 boys, simply over how much more you get for those kommandos and stormboys.


Hope, is the first step on the road to disappointment.

- About Dawn of War 3 
   
Made in cz
Bonkers Buggy Driver with Rockets





Prague

Greenblood wrote:
Ok I get it this is a buggy boy forum. I’ll leave you all to argue about scrapjets for 30 more pages. But remember I was the guy who told you Goff green tide is still alive and well. Go try for yourself.


Hmm, check Vineherat or SemperMortis posts in previous ork tactic thread. They are definitely not a buggy boyz. And not only them. Green tide had a big fun club here few moths ago.

But as you could see in old discussion from summer, they gave it a serious try. Couple of tries. And this was very much unsuccesfull.

Anyway, do not hesite to try it again. Maybe you find the way people here missed. Codex is new, some new units hardly used at all. A lot of space for new discoveries.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/10/13 14:33:26


10500p and one Ad Mech T-shirt 
   
Made in pl
Steady Dwarf Warrior



Wroclaw , Poland

okay in my opinion it makes more sense, to comment whole army lists


right now , i am thinking , and i didnt read the codex , Orcs

that the best units or the army list i wanted would look like this


- Shokk attak gun or x2

in extreme version, x3 shokk attak gun


a Shook jump dragsta

and, my favourite , Kustom boosta blasta,


killa kans, but i heard they are not strong unit


Deff dread,

and biker boyz,


and a Gunwagon, or a Battle wagon, of some type


but, i also think, about Traktor cannons, and bubble chukka,





Automatically Appended Next Post:

this edition is slight different, previously clan selection was crucial , for playing stratagem


This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/10/13 14:52:46


 
   
Made in de
Ork Admiral Kroozin Da Kosmos on Da Hulk






dubman wrote:
i didnt read the codex , Orcs


I suggest starting with that

Earth is not flat
Vaccines work
We've been to the moon
Climate change is real
Chemtrails aren't a thing
Evolution is a fact
Orks are not a melee army
Stand up for science!
 
   
Made in us
Waaagh! Warbiker





So I was thinking of trying a little 500 point list. Snikrot and as many kommandos I can fit, with all the melee wargear. Thoughts?
Might be better to go blood axes, but snikrot is just a proppa lad, shame I can’t specialist lad him.

"Us Blood Axes hav lernt' a lot from da humies. How best ta kill 'em, fer example."
— Korporal Snagbrat of the Dreadblade Kommandos 
   
Made in gb
Smokin' Skorcha Driver





United Kingdom

 Some_Call_Me_Tim wrote:
So I was thinking of trying a little 500 point list. Snikrot and as many kommandos I can fit, with all the melee wargear. Thoughts?
Might be better to go blood axes, but snikrot is just a proppa lad, shame I can’t specialist lad him.


Here's something I threw together for a laugh. I actually like it though and might have to give it a try one day

Spoiler:


++ Patrol Detachment 0CP (Orks) [31 PL, 3CP, 500pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Battle Size [3CP]: 1. Combat Patrol (0-50 Total PL / 0-500 Points)

Clan Kultur: Blood Axes

Detachment Command Cost

+ No Force Org Slot +

Runtherd [2 PL, 35pts]: Grot-Prod, I've Got A Plan, Ladz!, Squig Hound, Super Cybork Body, Warlord

+ HQ +

Boss Snikrot [5 PL, 95pts]

+ Troops +

Gretchin [2 PL, 50pts]
. 10x Gretchin: 10x Grot Blaster

+ Elites +

Kommandos [8 PL, 115pts]: Bomb Squig
. Boss Nob: Power Klaw
. 8x Kommando: 8x Choppa, 8x Slugga, 8x Stikkbombs
. Kommando w/ Breacha Ram: Breacha Ram

Kommandos [8 PL, 115pts]: Bomb Squig
. Boss Nob: Power Klaw
. 8x Kommando: 8x Choppa, 8x Slugga, 8x Stikkbombs
. Kommando w/ Breacha Ram: Breacha Ram

+ Heavy Support +

Mek Gunz [3 PL, 45pts]
. Mek Gun: Kustom Mega Kannon

Mek Gunz [3 PL, 45pts]
. Mek Gun: Kustom Mega Kannon

++ Total: [31 PL, 3CP, 500pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe
   
Made in de
Ork Admiral Kroozin Da Kosmos on Da Hulk






 Some_Call_Me_Tim wrote:
So I was thinking of trying a little 500 point list. Snikrot and as many kommandos I can fit, with all the melee wargear. Thoughts?
Might be better to go blood axes, but snikrot is just a proppa lad, shame I can’t specialist lad him.


Sounds difficult, but possible. A lot of games at 500 points are won by simply sitting on more objectives than your opponent, and with kommadoz you should have no issues shutting down shooting units. Using the blood axe stratagem to protect a unit and have it walk on somwhere they cannot be shot also seems like a game winner.

There are just three things I'd be aware of:
1) Snikrot is not a warboss, so you would need to bring an actual warboss if you want a Waaagh!. Most options are too expensive, so the only real solution is to have a foot warboss with a relic/warlord trait.
2) At 500 points, you must run a patrol, which means mandatory troops. 'orrible gits blow on small tables because of their debuff aura, but then again you don't have a lot of shooting going on. Personally, I'd prefer boyz, but that will severely reduce your other options.
3) You will most likely not be able to challenge any enemy units through shooting, so if you lose a flank, your opponent will be able to score there unchallenged, even if it's one character camping out in the open.

Earth is not flat
Vaccines work
We've been to the moon
Climate change is real
Chemtrails aren't a thing
Evolution is a fact
Orks are not a melee army
Stand up for science!
 
   
Made in us
Big Mek in Kustom Dragster with Soopa-Gun





Nebraska, USA

we recently started a campaign and the first few games are at 25pl (500pts).
Yeah, 500pt games are weird. I brought 1 squigbuggy and it just...melted everything remotely threatening since it could reach across the board and is AP3 during the SpeedWaaagh (AP4 on 6s because Badmoonz hehe)

I've always been of the opinion 500pt games are not supposed to be played. Anything beyond basic troops feels extremely swingy since the odds of it being countered are very low.

An ork with an idea tends to end with a bang.

14000pts Big 'n Bad Orkz
6000pts Admech/Knights
7500pts Necron Goldboys 
   
 
Forum Index » 40K Tactics
Go to: