Switch Theme:

Space Wolves coming up :new pics UPDATED 8/6 TONS of New Codex pics and translations added to OP!  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert

Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.

Made in us
Archmagos Veneratus Extremis

Home Base: Prosper, TX (Dallas)

MC's & Walkers aren't affected by Unwieldy. It's under the special rule itself.

Best Painted (2015 Adepticon 40k Champs)

They Shall Know Fear - Adepticon 40k TT Champion (2012 & 2013) & 40k TT Best Sport (2014), 40k TT Best Tactician (2015 & 2016)

Made in se
Sure Space Wolves Land Raider Pilot

Sweden

Crazyterran wrote:
Page 174, Unwieldy states:

'A model attacking with this weapon Piles In and fights at Initiative step 1, unless it is a Monstrous Creature or a Walker.'

In 6th it was under the walker rules.

Thanks

Made in nz
Stealthy Space Wolves Scout

In ur base, killin ur d00dz

 Nevelon wrote:
Thorgrim Bloodcrow wrote:

Sweet, first we have Wolverine-Dread, now we have Captain Dread. I'm gonna get another one with a seismic hammer and put a cape on him for DreadThor. Anyone know where I can get a shapely dread clad in skintight leather for Dread Widow?

Ally in a wraithlord. Shapely and elegant is a xenos trait, not imperial. Alternatively: Penitent engine.

Thorgrim Bloodcrow wrote:

Literally assemble, can someone get the Techpriests to reattach Hulkdread's left arm? He keeps taking it off.

But wait until he’s done beating people to death with his own arm before getting to work.

If I had the wealth to do so, I would totally do this

Just curious, say you only got to choose one, would people rather get one of the new Dreadnoughts or a flier?

Edit: Not to bring back up the whole debate on the fliers but I was playing around with the 360 view and just noticed a couple of propulsion engines under the front end. You can just barely notice them protruding but they're there.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2014/07/30 13:25:41

Made in ca
Trustworthy Shas'vre

Something else with the Blizzard shield - Walkers are +1 Attack for every close combat weapon and with its profile I would expect it counts as a close combat weapon. So instead of losing an attack, the dread with a blizzard shield gains an attack.

Tau and Space Wolves since 5th Edition.

Made in gb
Is 'Eavy Metal Calling?

UK

I'd go with the dread any day. As much as the flier is probably more useful, the dread just looks too damn cool to pass up. Its also very versatile, what with the weapon variety and what looks to be an easy-to-swap setup. With a pin/magnet or two, you could have Bjorn one game and an axe-and-board dread the next.

Made in us
Archmagos Veneratus Extremis

Home Base: Prosper, TX (Dallas)

I can't see the shield being to many point either. Especially if you give up your ranged weapons (though hopefully you still get one underslung arm weapon). Still super pumped for this. Plus, I want the flyer.....bad...Even if I have to do a bunch of filling in and filing to make it fit my Iron Warriors.

Best Painted (2015 Adepticon 40k Champs)

They Shall Know Fear - Adepticon 40k TT Champion (2012 & 2013) & 40k TT Best Sport (2014), 40k TT Best Tactician (2015 & 2016)

Made in se
Sure Space Wolves Land Raider Pilot

Sweden

I just wish that GW had better information stream so that I could have saved up earlier in the summer. No I've spent too much money on other companies so GW will have to wait until maybe late October...

Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut

Just noticed most of the char. models are out of stock despite being promoted to day. Also just noticed GW is no longer promoting them as Finecast, just highly detailed resin. Maybe that means the next batch will be back to temperature stable plastics.

Made in ca
Dour Wolf Priest with Iron Wolf Amulet

Canada

 Hulksmash wrote:
I can't see the shield being to many point either. Especially if you give up your ranged weapons (though hopefully you still get one underslung arm weapon). Still super pumped for this. Plus, I want the flyer.....bad...Even if I have to do a bunch of filling in and filing to make it fit my Iron Warriors.

I hope not... losing a DCCW or a gun shouldn't make it cost more than 10-15pts imho.

Made in gb
Courageous Space Marine Captain

Glasgow, Scotland

Given the position of the arms, the Axe replaces the gun (as it is shown on the right where the gun normally is) and the Shield replaces the DCCW on the left. Unless they are bought as a set.

I'm celebrating 8 years on Dakka Dakka!
I started an Instagram! Follow me at Deadshot Miniatures!
DR:90+S++G+++M+B+IPw40k08#-D+++A+++/cwd363R+++T(Ot)DM+
Check out my Deathwatch story, Aftermath in the fiction section!

Credit to Castiel for banner. Thanks Cas!

Made in us
Thunderhawk Pilot Dropping From Orbit

Dayton, TN

barnowl wrote:
Just noticed most of the char. models are out of stock despite being promoted to day. Also just noticed GW is no longer promoting them as Finecast, just highly detailed resin. Maybe that means the next batch will be back to temperature stable plastics.

I'd replace my arjac, canis, and nyjal in a heart beat if it's not finecrap...just to paint.

Click the images to see my armies!

Made in us
Dakka Veteran

Frankly losing the gun and the shield only being front arc, if you have to pay anything it is too much.

Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut

NoVA

So this cat's name is Murderfang.

And he kills people with Murderclaws.

But his name is MurderFANG.

But he doesn't have Murderteeth, nor does he have a bite attack.

He claws people to death.

And his name is Murderfang.

That would be like arming Imperial Fists with Power Boots.

Made in au
Grizzled Space Wolves Great Wolf

 dienekes96 wrote:
So this cat's name is Murderfang.

And he kills people with Murderclaws.

But his name is MurderFANG.

But he doesn't have Murderteeth, nor does he have a bite attack.

He claws people to death.

And his name is Murderfang.

That would be like arming Imperial Fists with Power Boots.
Well according to the fluff he bites as well

AllSeeingSkink wrote:
 dienekes96 wrote:
So this cat's name is Murderfang.

And he kills people with Murderclaws.

But his name is MurderFANG.

But he doesn't have Murderteeth, nor does he have a bite attack.

He claws people to death.

And his name is Murderfang.

That would be like arming Imperial Fists with Power Boots.
Well according to the fluff he bites as well

Hence the exposed head.

Made in us
Grovelin' Grot

Of course you have to be able to tear at the xeno flesh with your teeth to get the blood all over your face and in between your teeth to show them you mean murder!

Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut

NoVA

Then why doesn't he have some humongous unmeltable ice FANGS?!?

Explain.

Made in us
Grovelin' Grot

Because having unmeltable alien ice fangs installed would be awkward heresy! Why would you add xeno filth into your body that isn't the blood you drink as you gingerly snack on them between murder sessions!

Made in us
Depraved Slaanesh Chaos Lord

Inside Yvraine

"Frost fangs".

S: User AP3 rending

Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests

Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

 dienekes96 wrote:
Then why doesn't he have some humongous unmeltable ice FANGS?!?

Explain.

'Cause that'd be stupid.

Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

 dienekes96 wrote:
Then why doesn't he have some humongous unmeltable ice FANGS?!?

Explain.

Because it needs to be realistic, stop talking crazy.

Made in us
Ollanius Pius - Savior of the Emperor

Gathering the Informations.

As a heads up, if you placed any orders via GW Direct in the past week you should have gotten a pin with Krom Dragongaze's Great Company heraldry on it.

Was kind of surprising when I picked up Illic Nightspear.

Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut

No new leaks today?

Made in us
Grim Rune Priest in the Eye of the Storm

Riverside CA

Triszin wrote:
No new leaks today?

No, I do not believe so...it has been quiet all day long...to quiet.

[An attempt to liven things up.]

So the Rumor is that Wolf Guard Pack Leaders will be able to take Terminator Armor.

What is thing going to mean for Grey Hunters and Blood Claws?

Space Wolf Player Since 1989
My First Impression Threads:
https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/727226.page;jsessionid=3BCA26863DCC17CF82F647B2839DA6E5

I am a Furry that plays with little Toy Soldiers; if you are taking me too seriously I am not the only one with Issues.

IEGA Web Site”: http://www.meetup.com/IEGA-InlandEmpireGamersAssociation/

Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut

I'm sure its worded like, an upgrade to a wolfguard unit for either boodclaw o grey hunters are just wolfguards. While the Wolguard pack leader is the leader of a wolfguard pack.

if it isn't, LOL

I'll toss a termi with a bloodclaw unit inside of a stormfang.

Triszin wrote:
I'm sure its worded like, an upgrade to a wolfguard unit for either boodclaw o grey hunters are just wolfguards. While the Wolguard pack leader is the leader of a wolfguard pack.

if it isn't, LOL

I'll toss a termi with a bloodclaw unit inside of a stormfang.

Well by Wolf Guard Pack Leader I was talking about the Upgraded Character, I just realized I did not make that clear.

I have found that I do not like Terminator Armor with my Blood Claws, it prevents them from making Sweeping Advances.
With Grey Hunters, I am rethinking that.

Space Wolf Player Since 1989
My First Impression Threads:
https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/727226.page;jsessionid=3BCA26863DCC17CF82F647B2839DA6E5

I am a Furry that plays with little Toy Soldiers; if you are taking me too seriously I am not the only one with Issues.

IEGA Web Site”: http://www.meetup.com/IEGA-InlandEmpireGamersAssociation/

Made in fi
Dakka Veteran

 dienekes96 wrote:
Then why doesn't he have some humongous unmeltable ice FANGS?!?

Explain.

I think it would make sense. Would make all the warm beer instantly cool when it hits his mouth. Now that I think about it, I think he also needs a beer helmet to keep him going.

 Anpu42 wrote:
What is thing going to mean for Grey Hunters and Blood Claws?
Same thing as it always has except now it won't take an elites slot if you want Termi leaders with no associated WG pack.

I wonder if the wolf guard upgrade replaces a pack member (so that you can have a full strength pack and still use rhinos and drop pods).

AllSeeingSkink wrote:
 Anpu42 wrote:
What is thing going to mean for Grey Hunters and Blood Claws?
Same thing as it always has except now it won't take an elites slot if you want Termi leaders with no associated WG pack.

I wonder if the wolf guard upgrade replaces a pack member (so that you can have a full strength pack and still use rhinos and drop pods).

From what I have read, yes.
The thing about the Terminator armor is that it removes some transport options
>Rhino/Razorback: No Terminator Armor
>Drop Pod: Loose the 10th Model
>Stormwolf [Rumored as a Dedicated Transport]: Good for both Grey Hunters and Blood Claws
>Stormfang Gunship: A flying Razorback that won't be affected by the Terminator Armor.

Space Wolf Player Since 1989
My First Impression Threads:
https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/727226.page;jsessionid=3BCA26863DCC17CF82F647B2839DA6E5

I am a Furry that plays with little Toy Soldiers; if you are taking me too seriously I am not the only one with Issues.

IEGA Web Site”: http://www.meetup.com/IEGA-InlandEmpireGamersAssociation/

Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut

Indiana

Also for allies it makes it easier since you dont have to take the three wolfguard to get them in your units.

I always wanted to throw a termie wolf guard in my allied wolves but it was just not possible.

People who stopped buying GW but wont stop bitching about it are the vegans of warhammer

My Deathwatch army project thread

Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: