Switch Theme:

Necromunda Underhive news & rumours - House of Blades announced - Escher reinforcements @ GAMA  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Kanluwen wrote:
Dang. Just dang.

My Enforcers have to wait for next year. Oh well, means I can actually get what I own painted!
Enforcers have already got their supplemental set with the Subjugators. They are the only faction which has two boxes so far. They went first!
   
Made in us
Beautiful and Deadly Keeper of Secrets





At least they confirmed the Prospects aren't replacing juves.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





I think this is exciting stuff, though I'm still disappointed that they are leaning on ForgeWorld for so much of the content. I find the Orlock to be very bland, and this is an opportunity to flesh them out into something more than the Hipster Hair Club For Men (though if they don't have a skill called "mustache rides", I'll be disappointed).

 ZebioLizard2 wrote:
At least they confirmed the Prospects aren't replacing juves.
I'm sure we'll find something else to argue about.
   
Made in vn
Longtime Dakkanaut




Ouch, The storm welder doesn't look like a cheap weapon. And reckless mean you'd probably want them to stay at the front shooting at enemies (and die) before you advance, and hope they don't get captured, so you can recover their weapon for the next Forge born.
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

 Sqorgar wrote:
Enforcers have already got their supplemental set with the Subjugators. They are the only faction which has two boxes so far. They went first!

Personally, I don't view Subjugators as "supplemental" so much as "upgraded unit that actually needs modeling". Wouldn't be shocked if further down the line they bundle the two sets together.

If I had to throw out a speculation as to what we might see for the Enforcers, it would be the mentioned "Monitor" or a pair of beefy Cybermastiffs and Handlers.
   
Made in ca
Dakka Veteran





So Juves are confirmed to still exist, that should make (some) people happy. Although I'll be expecting to see variations of,

"Why are they making a kit for pseudo-Juves instead of actually making regular Juves???"

and

"Why are they making these pseudo-Juves more efficient than regular Juves, thus rendering regular Juves useless???"

before long.

Those Toughness/Wound regen abilities are extremely scary, sure hope they're not affordable enough to spam. High T can equate to near-invulnerability in this game, especially at the start of a campaign.
   
Made in si
Steady Stonecleaver







 Sqorgar wrote:
I'm sure we'll find something else to argue about.


No we won't.

Posters on ignore list: 33

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here
   
Made in us
Legendary Master of the Chapter






 Altruizine wrote:
So Juves are confirmed to still exist, that should make (some) people happy. Although I'll be expecting to see variations of,

"Why are they making a kit for pseudo-Juves instead of actually making regular Juves???"

and

"Why are they making these pseudo-Juves more efficient than regular Juves, thus rendering regular Juves useless???"

before long.

Those Toughness/Wound regen abilities are extremely scary, sure hope they're not affordable enough to spam. High T can equate to near-invulnerability in this game, especially at the start of a campaign.


Rhetorical questions for later. what is the price of the new prospects compared to juves.

 Unit1126PLL wrote:
 Scott-S6 wrote:
And yet another thread is hijacked for Unit to ask for the same advice, receive the same answers and make the same excuses.

Oh my god I'm becoming martel.
Send help!

 
   
Made in gb
Princeps of the Emperor's Titan!






 Altruizine wrote:
So Juves are confirmed to still exist, that should make (some) people happy. Although I'll be expecting to see variations of,

"Why are they making a kit for pseudo-Juves instead of actually making regular Juves???"

and

"Why are they making these pseudo-Juves more efficient than regular Juves, thus rendering regular Juves useless???"

before long.

Those Toughness/Wound regen abilities are extremely scary, sure hope they're not affordable enough to spam. High T can equate to near-invulnerability in this game, especially at the start of a campaign.


They’re not.

Concept of Prospects is that they’re a higher risk. I mean, look at that weapon profile. With Bs5+, he’s more a danger to himself than anyone else. Risk vs Reward. If one survives long they get different skills, and have a different value to your Gang.

With nowt more to currently go on, until more reveals or books in hand? I suspect that taking Prospects and Specialist Champs over Juves and Champs will result in a Gang more focussed on its House’s nominal strengths.

Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives?Why not join us?

 
   
Made in eg
[MOD]
Keeper of the Adeptus Arbites Flame






Cairo, Egypt

I wonder if the Forge Whatevers will also have bits to model them as Juves.


 
   
Made in us
Legendary Master of the Chapter






 Kid_Kyoto wrote:
I wonder if the Forge Whatevers will also have bits to model them as Juves.



Honestly hoping the arms connect under the chest plate. then converting with just arm swaps should be easy.

 Unit1126PLL wrote:
 Scott-S6 wrote:
And yet another thread is hijacked for Unit to ask for the same advice, receive the same answers and make the same excuses.

Oh my god I'm becoming martel.
Send help!

 
   
Made in gb
Sagitarius with a Big F'in Gun





 Kid_Kyoto wrote:
I wonder if the Forge Whatevers will also have bits to model them as Juves.



if not , it would probably be fairly easy to convert.

Praise the Omnissiah

About 4k of .

Imperial Knights (Valiant, Warden & Armigers)

Some Misc. Imperium units etc. Assassins...

About 2k of  
   
Made in fi
Courageous Space Marine Captain






 The Forgemaster wrote:
 Kid_Kyoto wrote:
I wonder if the Forge Whatevers will also have bits to model them as Juves.

if not , it would probably be fairly easy to convert.

Yep. So juves are not gone and we effectively have new juve models too. Sounds like a good deal to me.

Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane. 
   
Made in gb
Rampaging Reaver Titan Princeps





UK

Looks like the fella on the right is our first new pit slave

   
Made in vn
Longtime Dakkanaut




They're the slaver guild entourage. From the left : Chain lord, Pit fighter, Shakle man, pit fighter.

From the book of peril.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/02/11 19:15:10


 
   
Made in us
Veteran Inquisitor with Xenos Alliances







Yep... that's what I thought. Isn't this release plan exactly like what necessitated throwing out the Gang War books? Anyone wanna bet 2 years out we'll get Gangs of the Underhive 2 announced?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/02/11 19:23:41


 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





 aka_mythos wrote:
Yep... that's what I thought. Isn't this release plan exactly like what necessitated throwing out the Gang War books? Anyone wanna bet 2 years out we'll get Gangs of the Underhive 2 announced?
They've indicated that these books are similar to a faction codex, so it is possible that Necromunda has grown too large for a compilation book like Gangs. I expect Gangs to be replaced by these codices and an annual book that has a yearly updated trading post, skills, points, and possibly gang tactics.
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

 Sqorgar wrote:
 aka_mythos wrote:
Yep... that's what I thought. Isn't this release plan exactly like what necessitated throwing out the Gang War books? Anyone wanna bet 2 years out we'll get Gangs of the Underhive 2 announced?
They've indicated that these books are similar to a faction codex, so it is possible that Necromunda has grown too large for a compilation book like Gangs. I expect Gangs to be replaced by these codices and an annual book that has a yearly updated trading post, skills, points, and possibly gang tactics.

There was a mention on the Facebooks today that someone wanting to play just a specific gang, after these books drop, "will only need to own a main rulebook and one of these Gang books".

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/02/11 19:43:46


 
   
Made in gb
Rampaging Reaver Titan Princeps





UK

Chopstick wrote:
They're the slaver guild entourage. From the left : Chain lord, Pit fighter, Shakle man, pit fighter.

From the book of peril.


Indeed, but the fella on the right looks likely to make a run for it and found his own gang/sell his abilities to the highest bidder!
   
Made in be
Been Around the Block





 zedmeister wrote:
Looks like the fella on the right is our first new pit slave

Spoiler:


Don't really like the design so far of these guild members. The Shackleman seems a little overdesigned compared to his artwork from the Book of Peril.



Still, this proves that Guilds are getting models in the far future. The Promethium, Water and Corpse Guild have such awsome pieces of artwork. They make me think of Bioshock for some reason.
   
Made in us
Privateer





The Land of Big, Stompy Robots

 zedmeister wrote:
Looks like the fella on the right is our first new pit slave



Well dang, those are some fine models. Shame they're forgeworld...
   
Made in ca
Dakka Veteran





It's kind of implied by the article that the Slaver's Guild will be reprinted/revised in the new book (unless that aside was just a non-sequitur to preview the FW product).

If that happens it'll be another ugly instance of the game stealth-updating and spreading rules around willy-nilly. Can you imagine if every Gang Book reprints/revises the gang's Guilder ally of choice? Baxx will need counseling.
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

Those Pit Fighter guys are nifty. Very detailed minis.

 Altruizine wrote:
Although I'll be expecting to see variations of... before long.
Way to poison the well dude...

   
Made in us
Veteran Inquisitor with Xenos Alliances






 Kanluwen wrote:
 Sqorgar wrote:
 aka_mythos wrote:
Yep... that's what I thought. Isn't this release plan exactly like what necessitated throwing out the Gang War books? Anyone wanna bet 2 years out we'll get Gangs of the Underhive 2 announced?
They've indicated that these books are similar to a faction codex, so it is possible that Necromunda has grown too large for a compilation book like Gangs. I expect Gangs to be replaced by these codices and an annual book that has a yearly updated trading post, skills, points, and possibly gang tactics.

There was a mention on the Facebooks today that someone wanting to play just a specific gang, after these books drop, "will only need to own a main rulebook and one of these Gang books".

As opposed to owning the rulebook and just underhive gangs for most gangs or a particular "Book of..." for some of the additions since?
....Or before that when it was just needing the rulebook and a gang corresponding Gang Wars book?

It just seems like GW is waffling back and forth. It kinda doesn't matter how easy it is to say "you only need this and the rulebook"... when there is a pile of books someone has to be told they need to ignore that are all technically part of this edition but have significantly diminished or no usefulness... I keep trying to get more people to play this game and the number of books is intimidating. They will ask me "and how long before its updated and I have to buy it again?" To them, to many, this will come off as the third time in just over 3 years that they'd be re-buying rules.

Specialist games have a lot of inertia to get a community going and sustaining it. A lot of the people I had interested in a campaign, their big draw was that the game hadn't resorted to the codex -recycle-release cycle and enough elements were locked in... less fear of books getting invalidated assuaged by the fact GW just streamlined things down to the underhive gangs book and feeling like the prior series of "Book of ..." were optional. To them this is regressive and a move towards what they didn't want.

There is still a lot of ground for this game to cover but with how many different releases since 2017 have just been "here is the gang's rule"... "no, now these are the gangs rules"... "wait this is what you need for this gang"...?-It seems like some of the corners of the setting we were promised at the beginning will never be touched until right before they decide refresh things again.

Whether its because this is many people's secondary game or because they're just hobbyists that might spend months on a gang with the hopes of eventually playing... whatever this is, its a pivot into the untenable to many of them.
   
Made in gb
Princeps of the Emperor's Titan!






Does kind of make sense though.

Gangs of the Underhive suits a group starting out. One copy can be shared between them.

More experienced and committed groups? Pick up your House Book.

Then there’s weirdos like me that like to own everything. And I inevitably will.

Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives?Why not join us?

 
   
Made in ca
Dakka Veteran





 H.B.M.C. wrote:
Those Pit Fighter guys are nifty. Very detailed minis.

 Altruizine wrote:
Although I'll be expecting to see variations of... before long.
Way to poison the well dude...

Some antibiotics were in order. Now that "don't tread on my regular Juves" has been eliminated as a reason to hate this release, I'm excited to hear the next, more refined reason it's actually bad from the mouths of N&R's most notorious faultfinders.
   
Made in no
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Altruizine wrote:

Brutes and Pets have not been released in plastic. The very few that have been released at all are FW resin. Plastic always has more optionality than resin.
Ambot? Otherwise I agree with you on juces not being worthwhile. The most efficient way to build a roster are champions (except leader who can only be purchased once at start). Everything else is less cost efficient. Leveling up your fighters is worse than buying fresh champs already leveled up. It is a big flaw (among many) in the new campaign system.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 ZebioLizard2 wrote:
At least they confirmed the Prospects aren't replacing juves.
No, it's levels in levels. I believe space marines, scouts and terminators are still a thing, but not as impressive today as they were 15 years ago.

Reckless on a close combat weapon is not really a problem because mostly you can pick your battles and many fights are not with a friendly fighter B2B. This one weapon is Ranged, so reckless has bigger effect, but still manageable. Expect to see more reckless for the other close combat weapons. BTW we already have the arc wielder. Do we need a new weapon profile each time they make the same weapon? We already got close to 200 unique weapon profiles... With more to come.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Altruizine wrote:

If that happens it'll be another ugly instance of the game stealth-updating and spreading rules around willy-nilly. Can you imagine if every Gang Book reprints/revises the gang's Guilder ally of choice? Baxx will need counseling.
Actually they need to rewrite Guilder rules because they don't come with a point cost (most of them are easily valuable for 500+ credits) and they don't even specify how many fighters are in each guild!

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2020/02/12 00:12:03


 
   
Made in us
Fixture of Dakka






 aka_mythos wrote:

Yep... that's what I thought. Isn't this release plan exactly like what necessitated throwing out the Gang War books? Anyone wanna bet 2 years out we'll get Gangs of the Underhive 2 announced?


6 months tops, if not by Christmas/ Boxer Day. You hear it here first.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Spoiler:
Baxx wrote:
 Altruizine wrote:

Brutes and Pets have not been released in plastic. The very few that have been released at all are FW resin. Plastic always has more optionality than resin.
Ambot? Otherwise I agree with you on juces not being worthwhile. The most efficient way to build a roster are champions (except leader who can only be purchased once at start). Everything else is less cost efficient. Leveling up your fighters is worse than buying fresh champs already leveled up. It is a big flaw (among many) in the new campaign system.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 ZebioLizard2 wrote:
At least they confirmed the Prospects aren't replacing juves.
No, it's levels in levels. I believe space marines, scouts and terminators are still a thing, but not as impressive today as they were 15 years ago.

Reckless on a close combat weapon is not really a problem because mostly you can pick your battles and many fights are not with a friendly fighter B2B. This one weapon is Ranged, so reckless has bigger effect, but still manageable. Expect to see more reckless for the other close combat weapons. BTW we already have the arc wielder. Do we need a new weapon profile each time they make the same weapon? We already got close to 200 unique weapon profiles... With more to come.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Altruizine wrote:

If that happens it'll be another ugly instance of the game stealth-updating and spreading rules around willy-nilly. Can you imagine if every Gang Book reprints/revises the gang's Guilder ally of choice? Baxx will need counseling.
Actually they need to rewrite Guilder rules because they don't come with a point cost (most of them are easily valuable for 500+ credits) and they don't even specify how many fighters are in each guild! [/quote


You remember when we had that conversation on the different guilders, and the additional troop type non-gangers?

Guess what... You were correct on the Blood Gang, They brought them out first, and THIS is the first of 6 new book for another Guilder aspect.

They center on Goliaths, I expect that the Pit fighter hired gun, and sub gang will be making an appearance in a couple of weeks. THEN we have the subsets of the subsets from the other books that still need figures.


Never attribute to conspiracy what is clearly dictated by incompetency. Specialist games looks like a total Gakshow at this point without a specific leader focused long term plan. At this point, these are a whole bunch of subset game committees running around within this company doing whatever they want to, as the release committee over at Head office dictates their releases.

If you spread out the projects, you can see that these guys are either working from good idea fairy source material, or that someone other then the designers is dictating the release schedule.

I used to work in a leaderless Gakshow like this.... Glad I left.

I can predict the future, and it includes pushed back release dates, lack of QA/QC, and more $50.00 source books without the corresponding figures.
Remember when they pawned off Necromunda 1 to Forgeworld, and then the game was a completely dropped the ball in response?

Pepperridge Farms Remembers….

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2020/02/12 00:35:32


 
   
Made in vn
Longtime Dakkanaut




 Segersgia wrote:


Don't really like the design so far of these guild members. The Shackleman seems a little overdesigned compared to his artwork from the Book of Peril.



Shakleman carry cult icon and shock stave in their profile. They just don't have the space to include one in that artwork.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/02/12 01:10:26


 
   
Made in us
Beautiful and Deadly Keeper of Secrets





Baxx wrote:


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 ZebioLizard2 wrote:
At least they confirmed the Prospects aren't replacing juves.
No, it's levels in levels. I believe space marines, scouts and terminators are still a thing, but not as impressive today as they were 15 years ago.

Reckless on a close combat weapon is not really a problem because mostly you can pick your battles and many fights are not with a friendly fighter B2B. This one weapon is Ranged, so reckless has bigger effect, but still manageable. Expect to see more reckless for the other close combat weapons. BTW we already have the arc wielder. Do we need a new weapon profile each time they make the same weapon? We already got close to 200 unique weapon profiles... With more to come.


Did you quote the wrong person? Not sure how that comment relates.
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: