Switch Theme:

Deathwatch Overkill (Deathwatch vs Genestealer cult board game) - 40k rules, free download pg1  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut






The models look great, but I have a feeling this will have the same problem Assassinorum had: Once you put the models together, they don't fit back into the game box. Looking at it purely as a board game, storage and transport are quite difficult when the game pieces don't fit back in the box they came out of.

Current Armies
3000 pts
2500pts (The Shining Helms)
XXXX pts (Restart in progress)
500pts
 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Perfected Haemonculi Living Sculpture






 Hulksmash wrote:
Around 7ppm for the fearless, 4 attack on the charge, ws 4, st4, i4, rending and assault grenades is pretty dang sweet.


That was my take away as well. Add the patriarch and they gain stealth and hit and run as well plus the shot at invis or even shrouded. Seems like a sweet addition.

   
Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut





Unnachgiebig = stubborn

Here is a complete guide to the ger / eng USR - the second spoiler

http://www.gw-fanworld.net/showthread.php/175441-40-000-Englisch-gt-Deutsch-Deutsch-gt-Englisch-Eure-Mithilfe-ist-gefragt
   
Made in nl
Deadshot Weapon Moderati






Thx, I updated my post, it now has all english rules!

Kind of sad that Rodricus Grytt doesn't get a special rule while the other 4 do, the Deathwatch fragcannon is pretty sick though.

Also note that Cassius and the librarian are HQ choices, the biker is fast attack, the terminator and the 2 assault marines are elites and the squad donitus is troops.

So the formation is not the only way to take them, and potentially, when a future codex with some additional stuff comes around we have more to go on.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2016/02/22 18:27:33


 
   
Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut





Via War of Sigmar
Spoiler:

Just a confirmation for what was obvious. Deathwatch are a faction of their own, and they are part of Armies of the Imperium on the ally matrix.

Also the DW rules are on "removable pages in the center of the magazine"




This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2016/02/22 18:32:44


 
   
Made in us
Rotting Sorcerer of Nurgle






The Dog-house

Which WD are the DW rules going to be in again?

H.B.M.C.- The end hath come! From now on armies will only consist of Astorath, Land Speeder Storms and Soul Grinders!
War Kitten- Vanden, you just taunted the Dank Lord Ezra. Prepare for seven years of fighting reality...
koooaei- Emperor: I envy your nipplehorns. <Magnus goes red. Permanently>
Neronoxx- If our Dreadnought doesn't have sick scuplted abs, we riot.
Frazzled- I don't generally call anyone by a term other than "sir" "maam" "youn g lady" "young man" or " HEY bag!"
Ruin- It's official, we've ran out of things to talk about on Dakka. Close the site. We're done.
mrhappyface- "They're more what you'd call guidlines than actual rules" - Captain Roboute Barbosa
Steve steveson- To be clear, I'd sell you all out for a bottle of scotch and a mid priced hooker.
 
   
Made in nl
Deadshot Weapon Moderati






 Tactical_Spam wrote:
Which WD are the DW rules going to be in again?


109 death watch (next week)
110 genestealer cult

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2016/02/22 18:37:45


 
   
Made in lv
Rampaging Carnifex



Mexico

 Hulksmash wrote:
Around 7ppm for the fearless, 4 attack on the charge, ws 4, st4, i4, rending and assault grenades is pretty dang sweet.

They could be our best melee unit, and there is so much wrong with that lol.
   
Made in us
Ollanius Pius - Savior of the Emperor






Right behind you.

 M0ff3l wrote:
 Kanluwen wrote:
I am going to have SO MUCH FUN using these guys as attachments to my squads.


only cassius has independent character (librarian could also have it, havent seen his rules yet)

Have you seen the rest of them? Because I haven't.
   
Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut





Edit: They also specifically call it Kill Team Cassius three times in that last pic - this is not a generic DW list yet (obviously)



This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2016/02/22 18:41:46


 
   
Made in nl
Deadshot Weapon Moderati






Kanluwen wrote:
 M0ff3l wrote:
 Kanluwen wrote:
I am going to have SO MUCH FUN using these guys as attachments to my squads.


only cassius has independent character (librarian could also have it, havent seen his rules yet)

Have you seen the rest of them? Because I haven't.


I have seen all of them except the librarian, check on page 42 where I translated all of their rules and page 41 for pictures (in german)


Warhams-77 wrote:Edit: They also specifically call it Kill Team Cassius three times in that last pic - this is not a generic DW list yet (obviously)



They have icons for FoC, cassius and the librarian are HQ, the biker is fast attack, the termi and 2 assault marines are elites and the squad is troops. So you could take an allied detachment of cassius + the squad + the terminator or something!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2016/02/22 18:52:04


 
   
Made in us
Ollanius Pius - Savior of the Emperor






Right behind you.

I just really, really, really am questioning the lack of the Blood Angel, Raven Guard, White Scar, and Salamander having the IC rule--but there may be something we're not seeing allowing them to be taken as unit upgrades.
   
Made in nl
Deadshot Weapon Moderati






 Kanluwen wrote:
I just really, really, really am questioning the lack of the Blood Angel, Raven Guard, White Scar, and Salamander having the IC rule--but there may be something we're not seeing allowing them to be taken as unit upgrades.


I agree, even though you can take them as an allied detachment, the 4 singleton guys that dont have IC are never worth it unless you take the formation.
   
Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut





 M0ff3l wrote:
They have icons for FoC, cassius and the librarian are HQ, the biker is fast attack, the termi and 2 assault marines are elites and the squad is troops. So you could take an allied detachment of cassius + the squad + the terminator or something!


True

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2016/02/22 18:58:04


 
   
Made in gb
Grim Dark Angels Interrogator-Chaplain





The Rock

To be honest, you could just field the one specific to your Chapter as an IC or another character. I for one, think the Dark Angels guy would be excellent as a Company Master(with some tweaks) or, as is his DWO rank, Company Champion.

AoV's Hobby Blog 29/04/18 The Tomb World stirs p44
How to take decent photos of your models
There's a beast in every man, and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand
Most importantly, Win or Lose, always try to have fun.
Armies Legion: Dark Angels 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut






North of Chicago, IL USA

A single, one-wound biker running around is as useful as a single, one-wound terminator running around, regardless of their special rules. If you can't add them to another unit or upgrade an existing unit, WTF is the point?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2016/02/22 19:02:29


Forgeworld Download Page <-- Here there be cool stuff! DA:70S+G+M+B++I++Pw40k08+D++A++/fWD-R+T(M)DM+
 
   
Made in lv
Rampaging Carnifex



Mexico

 kronk wrote:
A single, one-wound biker running around is as useful as a single, one-wound terminator running around, regardless of their special rules. If you can't add them to another unit or upgrade an existing unit, WTF is the point?

Ultimate MSU?
   
Made in nl
Deadshot Weapon Moderati






 kronk wrote:
A single, one-wound biker running around is as useful as a single, one-wound terminator running around, regardless of their special rules. If you can't add them to another unit or upgrade an existing unit, WTF is the point?


Those 4 are (as far as we know) only good in the formation :(

However I can't argue with a 270 point allied detachment of squad donatus and cassius (or the librarian, depending on which is better)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2016/02/22 19:06:50


 
   
Made in us
Wing Commander





Dallas, TX

 Rainyday wrote:
The models look great, but I have a feeling this will have the same problem Assassinorum had: Once you put the models together, they don't fit back into the game box. Looking at it purely as a board game, storage and transport are quite difficult when the game pieces don't fit back in the box they came out of.


Why the heck would you store these wonderful models back in the boxset? I bought a small new GW zigzag case for my assassinorum figure(to prevent breakage and paint chip since they seem fragile), these would fit in as well.
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut




I find it a bit weird that the terminator guy get's a heavy flamer and a meltagun but doesn't get the split fire rule, or ability to fire both in a turn, even if it's just once a game.
   
Made in ca
Regular Dakkanaut





 ShaneTB wrote:
 Bonespace wrote:
Games Workshop wrote:.... they can be used straight in a regular Tyranids army


That answers the allies question; nice timing with the "Start Collecting!" box.

But, wait, a twist:


 Bonespace wrote:
Games Workshop wrote:...an allied detachment to another army...


What's the other army?... They probably mean a detachment to a Tyranid army.


Perhaps they will be able to ally with Guard to simulate PDF. Seriously impressed with this release.
   
Made in nl
Deadshot Weapon Moderati






endlesswaltz123 wrote:
I find it a bit weird that the terminator guy get's a heavy flamer and a meltagun but doesn't get the split fire rule, or ability to fire both in a turn, even if it's just once a game.


I find it weirder that his special rule isnt reroll to wound with the heavy flamer and reroll armor pen with the melta... its both on the heavy flamer :\
   
Made in gb
Grim Dark Angels Interrogator-Chaplain





The Rock

endlesswaltz123 wrote:
I find it a bit weird that the terminator guy get's a heavy flamer and a melta gun but doesn't get the split fire rule, or ability to fire both in a turn, even if it's just once a game.


While that would be cool, a heavy flamer can do a lot of damage to a horde of poorly equipped cultists as is. Being able to fire both in the same turn would be a little unfair to the Genestealer player.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2016/02/22 19:13:28


AoV's Hobby Blog 29/04/18 The Tomb World stirs p44
How to take decent photos of your models
There's a beast in every man, and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand
Most importantly, Win or Lose, always try to have fun.
Armies Legion: Dark Angels 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut




 angelofvengeance wrote:
endlesswaltz123 wrote:
I find it a bit weird that the terminator guy get's a heavy flamer and a melta gun but doesn't get the split fire rule, or ability to fire both in a turn, even if it's just once a game.


While that would be cool, a heavy flamer can do a lot of damage to a horde of poorly equipped cultists as is. Being able to fire both in the same turn would be a little unfair to the Genestealer player.


In deathwatch game yes, I meant in 40k though. He's only one guy, with one wound with near useless armour in the current gaming climate... If he's going to be 60pts and a 1 man unit, at least give him the chance to fire both when he teleports in as he won't last very long against anything. A unit of grots has a good chance of taking him out in one turn.
   
Made in gb
Grim Dark Angels Interrogator-Chaplain





The Rock

endlesswaltz123 wrote:
 angelofvengeance wrote:
endlesswaltz123 wrote:
I find it a bit weird that the terminator guy get's a heavy flamer and a melta gun but doesn't get the split fire rule, or ability to fire both in a turn, even if it's just once a game.


While that would be cool, a heavy flamer can do a lot of damage to a horde of poorly equipped cultists as is. Being able to fire both in the same turn would be a little unfair to the Genestealer player.


In deathwatch game yes, I meant in 40k though. He's only one guy, with one wound with near useless armour in the current gaming climate... If he's going to be 60pts and a 1 man unit, at least give him the chance to fire both when he teleports in as he won't last very long against anything. A unit of grots has a good chance of taking him out in one turn.


Again, bit silly because grots will get fething murdered by an AP4 template weapon. You only get one(admittedly pretty powerful) shot with a melta gun anyway. What good would that do against a mob? It would take very, very lucky dice rolls to kill the terminator with a grot gakky pistol.

AoV's Hobby Blog 29/04/18 The Tomb World stirs p44
How to take decent photos of your models
There's a beast in every man, and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand
Most importantly, Win or Lose, always try to have fun.
Armies Legion: Dark Angels 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut




 angelofvengeance wrote:
endlesswaltz123 wrote:
 angelofvengeance wrote:
endlesswaltz123 wrote:
I find it a bit weird that the terminator guy get's a heavy flamer and a melta gun but doesn't get the split fire rule, or ability to fire both in a turn, even if it's just once a game.


While that would be cool, a heavy flamer can do a lot of damage to a horde of poorly equipped cultists as is. Being able to fire both in the same turn would be a little unfair to the Genestealer player.


In deathwatch game yes, I meant in 40k though. He's only one guy, with one wound with near useless armour in the current gaming climate... If he's going to be 60pts and a 1 man unit, at least give him the chance to fire both when he teleports in as he won't last very long against anything. A unit of grots has a good chance of taking him out in one turn.


Again, bit silly because grots will get fething murdered by an AP4 template weapon. You only get one(admittedly pretty powerful) shot with a melta gun anyway. What good would that do against a mob? It would take very, very lucky dice rolls to kill the terminator with a grot gakky pistol.


Look up, split fire rule was mentioned. I wouldn't fire it at an ork mob ideally.
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

 MajorTom11 wrote:
By the layout of the boards, they really should have just made them space-hulk compatible. Shame to miss the opportunity imho.


GW's never found an opportunity they couldn't miss, especially when it comes to leveraging IP/cross-product promotion.

   
Made in us
Ollanius Pius - Savior of the Emperor






Right behind you.

 M0ff3l wrote:
 Kanluwen wrote:
I just really, really, really am questioning the lack of the Blood Angel, Raven Guard, White Scar, and Salamander having the IC rule--but there may be something we're not seeing allowing them to be taken as unit upgrades.


I agree, even though you can take them as an allied detachment, the 4 singleton guys that dont have IC are never worth it unless you take the formation.

And taking them as a formation makes them even more useless, since they lose their special abilities for their jump packs/bikes and the Terminator removes the unit's ability to run.
   
Made in gb
Death-Dealing Devastator






To maximise efficiency, I'd say Cassius as Warlord, Lib as 2nd HQ and then have the Deathwatch Killteam.

- 535pts
40K - 2000pts
HH - 3000pts

- 40 Wounds  
   
Made in nl
Deadshot Weapon Moderati






 TheCrusadeSmurf wrote:
To maximise efficiency, I'd say Cassius as Warlord, Lib as 2nd HQ and then have the Deathwatch Killteam.


As what kind of formation? Unbound?
   
 
Forum Index » Games Workshop Board Games & Specialist Games
Go to: