Switch Theme:

40k New Edition Summary - 14th June 17: Lord Duncan paints Primaris in Gravis/non-codex SM focus  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert

Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.

Made in gb
Jovial Plaguebearer of Nurgle

London, UK

Daedalus81 wrote:

Bit of a bummer on the scarab bolters. The exalted ability is the best news i'll read all day. I'm notorious for rolling 1s.

I think that is actually a typo on the part of the translator on 4chan. They'll almost certainly be AP -2.

Made in gb
Decrepit Dakkanaut

UK

Daedalus81 wrote:
 Crimson wrote:
 Shadow Walker wrote:
From 4chan:
>drop pods deploy 9 away from enemy, troops must disembark 9 away from enemy
>can transport 10 infantry models, but they can't have the jump pack, terminator, centurion or primaris keyword

Well, feth.

They really not gonna let the primaris to use normal marine transports, forcing everyone who wants to field primaris to buy completely new motor pool... I'm not pleased about this...

I don't know of a good solution. The other way people would be complaining that Primaris shouldn't fit in them.

I could see Primaris only versions of the transports being a thing (bigger armoured bodies will need the interior redesigned to fit them if its not seem as too much tampering with a holy STC)

otherwise we'll need to wait for Caul to build some new battle taxis

Made in gb
Stabbin' Skarboy

armagedon

I don't think I've seen anything but I may not be as observant as some. Do we have any Ork info yet? I'm interested in there vehicular options! I'm concerned they will once again leave out looted wagons! So I think we may need to show support for the fan favourite that is scratch building ork vehicles and tell gw on social media to support it. It may not have a kit but it's not like it doesn't sell kits 10's of 1000's of kit have been bought and suitably butchered to kit bash a looted wagon.

If I'm late to the party please let me know all is well that the pros are taken care of, if not I just posted this (Hi Warhammer social media dudes! I have a Question if I may be so bold.
You have stated that all models will get rules but there is one model that you don't make, but do make, that 1000's of your fans have, and has ment the sale of 1000's of other GW kits and it would be a crying shame to leave it by the way side. I'm talking about the iconic Looted Wagon! Please let us know that GW have not let this juggernaut of Ork kulture and a nirvana for modelling masterpieces get Squated?!
Thanks and great work with this page it's been fantastic watching it grow over the last year.)on the warhammer 40k Facebook page go give it a like and comment to show support if you wanna save the looted wagon

3500pts1500pts2500pts4500pts3500pts2000pts 2000pts plus several small AOS armies

Made in it
Fresh-Faced New User

Italy

Is there any link, in whatever language, for Space Wolves leaks?

Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut

Spoletta wrote:
Tzeench powers:

>Boon of Change
Blessing, target friendly and roll a d3
1 = +1Str
2 = +1A
3 = +1T

>Bolt of Change
Do d3 Mortal Wounds. If you kill a Character, get a Spawn

>Treason of Tzeentch
Target non Warlord Character
Roll 2d6. If equal or lower to Character's Ld, nothing happens

If Greater may control Character in Shooting, Assault, and Fight subphase.

I wish we had the casting values. Finally a boon spell worth using. All the results are perfect for scarabs. Treason is good fun.

Made in us
Archmagos Veneratus Extremis

On the Internet

Aeri wrote:
Is there any information about Jet Pack units already?

From what we know from the Tau leaks Jet Packs lost JSJ, but have the Fly special rule.

Actually it looks a lot like jump and jet packs both all get fly and don't really have any rules that seperate them beyond keywords.

Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut

Connecticut

Spoletta wrote:
Tzeench powers:

>Boon of Change
Blessing, target friendly and roll a d3
1 = +1Str
2 = +1A
3 = +1T

>Bolt of Change
Do d3 Mortal Wounds. If you kill a Character, get a Spawn

>Treason of Tzeentch
Target non Warlord Character
Roll 2d6. If equal or lower to Character's Ld, nothing happens

If Greater may control Character in Shooting, Assault, and Fight subphase.

Bolt of Change is incredibly gak if Matched Play makes you pay for the Spawn.

Blood Angels, Custodes, Tzeentch, Alpha Legion, Astra Militarum, Deathwatch, Thousand Sons, Imperial Knights, Tau, Genestealer Cult.

I have a problem.

Being contrary for the sake of being contrary doesn't make you unique, it makes you annoying.

 Purifier wrote:
Using your rules isn't being a dick.

Made in ie
Crazed Spirit of the Defiler

Ireland

 Zognob Gorgoff wrote:
I don't think I've seen anything but I may not be as observant as some. Do we have any Ork info yet? I'm interested in there vehicular options! I'm concerned they will once again leave out looted wagons! So I think we may need to show support for the fan favourite that is scratch building ork vehicles and tell gw on social media to support it. It may not have a kit but it's not like it doesn't sell kits 10's of 1000's of kit have been bought and suitably butchered to kit bash a looted wagon.

I believe the only Ork stuff we've seen so far is the cost of Ork Slugga Boyz and one of their abilities, as well as some of the Battlewagon stats+options:
boyz cost the same with slugga, choppa and bomms; hit on 3+, shoot on 5+; if 20 or more gain an additional attack
nobz 17ppm, 3 models minimum

Battlewagon rules:

Battlewagon

Rokkit Launcha is 24", Assault 1, S8, AP-2, DamD3

Big Shoota is 36", Assault 3, S5, AP0, Dam1

Cannonsomethingsomething pick a profile
Frag is 36", Heavy D6, S4, AP0, Dam1
Krak/Massive 36", Heavy 1, S8, AP-2, DamD6

Tank Kannon 24", Heavy D6, S7, AP-2, Dam2

Bombard(?) is 48", Heavy D6, S5, AP0, Dam1, can fire indirectly

Zzapgun is 36", Heavy 1, S2D6, AP-3, Dam3, if you get a 11+ on S it deals 3 mortal wounds instead

Crushing Ball S+1, AP-1, Dam1, cannot quite read all it says in the notes, but something about limiting the number of attacks to 3

Megagrabber (?) is SUser, AP-3, DamD3, can only attack once with this

Death-Rolla is SUser, AP-2, Dam1, this weapon hits on 2+
Explodes at 0 Wounds on a 6, dealing 6 mortal wounds within 6"

Closed up: Has T8 but loses open-topped

Moving Fortress: Ignores the penalty for moving and shooting Heavy weapons

Open-topped: Units embarked can shoot from it, but cannot do so while the unit is within melee range of an enemy unit.

Can carry 20 Ork infantry models, models in mega-armour take two spots. If you have taken the tank gun it can only transport 12 models.

By the 37 keys of Tzeentch,We open the way for our brothers,
By the 1000 whispers of Slaanesh we call to them,
By the 12 plagues of Nurgle we fell their enemies,
And by the mighty axe of Khorne we cut open the world for them!

- Ritual of Summoning, Recited by Amphion and Zethus Dark Sorcerers of the Deimos Peninsula,Kronos

 Zognob Gorgoff wrote:
[...]

Just some Italian leaks that got translated on /tg/ and reposted a few pages back. I'm on a tablet at the moment so I can't really go back and repost them for you.

Made in pl
Horrific Hive Tyrant

More from Tyranid Hive:
Stranglethorn Cannon does d6 shots. for every 10 models in a unit, the wielder gets +1 to hit. range 36"; S 7; AP -1; D 2

Heavy Venom Cannon: range 36"; D3 shots *if i remember right* S 9; AP -2; D d3

Adrenal glands add 1 to advance and charge range. Toxin sacs: rolls of 6 make 2d

Rupture Cannon: S 10; AP -1; D d3; heavy 2. If it hits with both shots, they get AP -4; D d6. And if Tyrannofex stands still, all his weapons can fire twice

Tyrannofex has T 8; 14 or 16 W

Tyrannocyte can transport 20 infantry models or 1 monstrous Creature with max 14 wounds

Zoanthropes: Warp Blast has become a special rule that makes smite spell do d3 additional mortal wounds *looks like all psykers have smite* Neurothrope makes zoanthropes regain d3 wounds when they kill with smite. Zoanthropes also cost 40 points now. if the unit is 4+ models, they can cast 2 psychic powers

Maleceptor has T8; 14 wounds; armor save 3+. You can chose to use its own psychic power and it targets a number of enemy units depending on how many wounds it still has. Roll 1 dice for the enemy units: on a 1 nothing happens. on a roll of 2+ the enemy unit suffers a mortal wound

Trygon: T 6; 14 W; movement 8

Toxicrene: T 8; 14 W; 3+ armor save. One ability it has makes you roll a d6 for every enemy model within 1 inch. on a roll of 6, the enemy suffers a mortal wound

Read more: http://thetyranidhive.proboards.com/thread/52446/8th-speculation-nids?page=80#ixzz4iZt9qepK

Made in gb
Jovial Plaguebearer of Nurgle

London, UK

Made in gb
Stabbin' Skarboy

armagedon

Spoiler:

Voodoo_Chile wrote:
 Zognob Gorgoff wrote:
[...]

Thank you both for answering as best you could plus the pics above, thumbs up!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/05/30 15:58:11

3500pts1500pts2500pts4500pts3500pts2000pts 2000pts plus several small AOS armies

Made in gb
Arch Magos w/ 4 Meg of RAM

Does the Stompa have 40 wounds!?!?!?

Bye bye Dakkadakka, happy hobbying! I really enjoyed my time on here. Opinions were always my own :-)

Made in gb
Stabbin' Skarboy

armagedon

 Bottle wrote:
Does the Stompa have 40 wounds!?!?!?

Is it 40 or 45? Lol

3500pts1500pts2500pts4500pts3500pts2000pts 2000pts plus several small AOS armies

Made in de
Dakka Veteran

40

Made in ca
Infiltrating Broodlord

Oshawa Ontario

 Zognob Gorgoff wrote:
 Bottle wrote:
Does the Stompa have 40 wounds!?!?!?

Is it 40 or 45? Lol

Looks like 40 to me, but remember, at nearly 50 power that's 900+ points.

Looking for Durham Region gamers in Ontario Canada, send me a PM!

See my gallery for Chapterhouse's Tervigon, fully painted.

Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut

Thing I don't get about building your army is the points themselves.

Lets say a marine is 13 points a model. Do you need to buy his bolter etc or do they come with all that already and all you are buying is heavy weapons for most squads?

Made in de
Towering Hierophant Bio-Titan

~Tyranid point costs~ http://imgur.com/a/cf71h

[...]

Contagious Dreadnought of Nurgle

str00dles1 wrote:
Thing I don't get about building your army is the points themselves.

Lets say a marine is 13 points a model. Do you need to buy his bolter etc or do they come with all that already and all you are buying is heavy weapons for most squads?

You have to buy all wargear used, but certain things like bolters cost 0 points.

Made in us
Dakka Veteran

Colorado Springs

Ninja'd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/05/30 16:08:17

Made in us
Armored Iron Breaker

Dallas, TX

Has the description for rapid fire been leaked or announced? I looked through a lot of content on the OP but couldn't find it. Basically, can you now assault after shooting rapid fire?

"It's like the 12 days of Christmas...except its the 12 days of Death" Ian Christe

Made in us
Dakka Veteran

Colorado Springs

 Rezyn wrote:
Has the description for rapid fire been leaked or announced? I looked through a lot of content on the OP but couldn't find it. Basically, can you now assault after shooting rapid fire?

Double shots at half range. Can still assault.

 Rezyn wrote:
Has the description for rapid fire been leaked or announced? I looked through a lot of content on the OP but couldn't find it. Basically, can you now assault after shooting rapid fire?

Rapid fire is the same as before, and you can charge after firing any kinda of weapon. Assault weapons let you fire after advancing at -1 to hit.

Made in gb
Khorne Chosen Marine Riding a Juggernaut

UK

 Rezyn wrote:
Has the description for rapid fire been leaked or announced? I looked through a lot of content on the OP but couldn't find it. Basically, can you now assault after shooting rapid fire?

nothing stopping you from doing so no.

its now rapid fire 1, 2, 3 etc

whatever the number is how many shots you get and you double that at half range

e.g. rapid 2 is 2 shots and 4 at half range

Made in us
Loyal Necron Lychguard

Palm Beach, FL

 Rezyn wrote:
Has the description for rapid fire been leaked or announced? I looked through a lot of content on the OP but couldn't find it. Basically, can you now assault after shooting rapid fire?

Double shots at half range, anyone can assault, even heavy weapons.

Made in ie
Norn Queen

Dublin, Ireland

Definitely 45 on the Stompas wounds no?

Dman137 wrote:
goobs is all you guys will ever be

By 1-irt: Still as long as Hissy keeps showing up this is one of the most entertaining threads ever.

"Feelin' goods, good enough".

Made in gb
Ghastly Grave Guard

UK

Kharn, berzerkers. Come on.

Supposedly thousand sons cant use the tzeentch powers and can only use the base chaos ones. Is that true?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/05/30 16:31:14

Made in gb
Stabbin' Skarboy

armagedon

The warhammer community article on weapons types I think

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/05/30 16:21:52

3500pts1500pts2500pts4500pts3500pts2000pts 2000pts plus several small AOS armies

Made in us
Dakka Veteran

It's 40. The chart on the right always starts at the max wounds. So,

31-40+ 12" 3+ 10

And the exact write-up on Rapid Fire in the books is:

Spoiler:

A model firing a Rapid Fire weapon doubles the number of attacks it makes if it's target is within half the weapons maximum range.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2017/05/30 16:23:35

Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut

Connecticut

http://imgur.com/a/pqYKP