Switch Theme:

40k New Edition Summary - 14th June 17: Lord Duncan paints Primaris in Gravis/non-codex SM focus  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Contagious Dreadnought of Nurgle






 Cephalobeard wrote:
http://imgur.com/a/pqYKP

Space wolves.


What do I have to do to get some DA!

 
   
Made in gb
Stabbin' Skarboy





armagedon

Youn wrote:
It's 40. The chart on the right always starts at the max wounds. So,


31-40+ 12" 3+ 10



Thanks, yeah the stat line was a little blurbed and the 0 on the 40 looked off, I didn't notice until after posting the damage chart is much clearer.

3500pts1500pts2500pts4500pts3500pts2000pts 2000pts plus several small AOS armies  
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




 skoffs wrote:
Eyjio wrote:
a lot of the necron infantry has seemed good - it's the vehicles and Destroyers which are looking mediocre.

My Destroyer Cult is very sad...


I'm not sure why people don't like the destroyer. New gauss cannon is the same outside -3 AP and d3 damage, which makes it a good all round weapon. Really good against high armor multi wound infantry, which seems like a big part of the space marine line now, between 2 wound terminators and primaris marines. The heavy gauss cannon is just a better lascannon.

   
Made in gb
Mekboy Hammerin' Somethin'






 Zognob Gorgoff wrote:
Do we have any Ork info yet? I'm interested in there vehicular options!

Battlewagon is WS 5+ BS 5+ T 7, W 16, Sv 4+ Power 11 (about 220 points with upgrades included) M, S and A depend on remaining wounds. It is now slightly tougher from the side than it was before, but weaker from the front vs. most weapons. Weapons mostly as expected, deffrolla is good again.

Stompa is BS 5+, T 8, W 40, A 4, Sv 4+ Power 49 (980 points) M, WS and S dependent on remaining wounds. Takes slightly more lascannon shots to wreck now, but degrades as it takes damage which wasn't the case in 7th. Deffkannon is only D6 shots (2D6 vs. units of 20 or more), mega-choppa has two attack modes, one S Userx2 (up to S 20), AP -5, D 6, the other triples the number of attacks at S User, AP -2, D D3. Only gives a re-roll to morale tests for nearby units rather than fearless.

Overall, not looking good for mechanised orks.

Or any orks, in fact, since it seems the basic boy has slowed to M 5" and not decreased in points (i.e. is relatively more expensive compared to basic marines) and mega-armour is now M 4".

   
Made in pl
Elite Tyranid Warrior





Wierd that Bjorn is not listed with the rest of named characters.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2017/05/30 16:35:00


 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Connecticut

 Luciferian wrote:
 Cephalobeard wrote:
http://imgur.com/a/pqYKP

Space wolves.


What do I have to do to get some DA!


Hope and Pray like I have been with Daemons, just gotta figure out which god is the right one first.

Blood Angels, Custodes, Tzeentch, Alpha Legion, Astra Militarum, Deathwatch, Thousand Sons, Imperial Knights, Tau, Genestealer Cult.

I have a problem.

Being contrary for the sake of being contrary doesn't make you unique, it makes you annoying.

 Purifier wrote:
Using your rules isn't being a dick.
 
   
Made in gb
Mekboy Hammerin' Somethin'





UK

 Cephalobeard wrote:
http://imgur.com/a/pqYKP

Space wolves.


FREE teeth and claws XD


[Thumb - Capture.PNG]

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2017/05/30 16:34:08


 
   
Made in us
Mutilatin' Mad Dok






 Perfect Organism wrote:
 Zognob Gorgoff wrote:
Do we have any Ork info yet? I'm interested in there vehicular options!

Battlewagon is WS 5+ BS 5+ T 7, W 16, Sv 4+ Power 11 (about 220 points with upgrades included) M, S and A depend on remaining wounds. It is now slightly tougher from the side than it was before, but weaker from the front vs. most weapons. Weapons mostly as expected, deffrolla is good again.

Stompa is BS 5+, T 8, W 40, A 4, Sv 4+ Power 49 (980 points) M, WS and S dependent on remaining wounds. Takes slightly more lascannon shots to wreck now, but degrades as it takes damage which wasn't the case in 7th. Deffkannon is only D6 shots (2D6 vs. units of 20 or more), mega-choppa has two attack modes, one S Userx2 (up to S 20), AP -5, D 6, the other triples the number of attacks at S User, AP -2, D D3. Only gives a re-roll to morale tests for nearby units rather than fearless.

Overall, not looking good for mechanised orks.

Or any orks, in fact, since it seems the basic boy has slowed to M 5" and not decreased in points (i.e. is relatively more expensive compared to basic marines) and mega-armour is now M 4".


I wasn't worried about M5 on Orks, because I assumed that would be standard move for non-marine, non-eldar armies (i.e. Tau, IG, etc). But since we've seen that Sisters and Tau move 6, it's a bit of a kick in the pants. Orks have never moved slower than other armies in past editions.

   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Connecticut

 Latro_ wrote:
 Cephalobeard wrote:
http://imgur.com/a/pqYKP

Space wolves.


FREE teeth and claws XD


Only the finest dentists on Fenris
   
Made in de
Focused Dark Angels Land Raider Pilot




Germany

 ClockworkZion wrote:
Aeri wrote:
Is there any information about Jet Pack units already?


From what we know from the Tau leaks Jet Packs lost JSJ, but have the Fly special rule.

Actually it looks a lot like jump and jet packs both all get fly and don't really have any rules that seperate them beyond keywords.


that would be a huge and unnecessary nerf...
That was the mechanic I liked and got me into playing tau :(
   
Made in gb
Mekboy Hammerin' Somethin'





UK

 Cephalobeard wrote:
 Latro_ wrote:
 Cephalobeard wrote:
http://imgur.com/a/pqYKP

Space wolves.


FREE teeth and claws XD


Only the finest dentists on Fenris


Must be they have -1 AP hahaha... its official space wolves bite harder than a bolter shell
   
Made in de
Regular Dakkanaut




DA, Skitarii, cult mechanicus. Pretty please :-)
   
Made in us
Shas'o Commanding the Hunter Kadre




Missouri

Aeri wrote:
 ClockworkZion wrote:
Aeri wrote:
Is there any information about Jet Pack units already?


From what we know from the Tau leaks Jet Packs lost JSJ, but have the Fly special rule.

Actually it looks a lot like jump and jet packs both all get fly and don't really have any rules that seperate them beyond keywords.


that would be a huge and unnecessary nerf...
That was the mechanic I liked and got me into playing tau :(


It's also been one of the number one most-complained about mechanics since its inception. It's frustrating to play against and one of the reasons why a lot of people automatically turn down games against Tau, who make the heaviest use of it.

It kinda had to go at some point, and I'm surprised it took this long.

 Desubot wrote:
Why isnt Slut Wars: The Sexpocalypse a real game dammit.


"It's easier to change the rules than to get good at the game." 
   
Made in us
Courageous Space Marine Captain




On the Internet

Let's get caught up on these round ups, even if they may be a little useless in the wake of mass leaks...

Faction Focus Space Marines
Q: You got to be kidding me. Like we haven't had enough articles on the space marines already? EVEN MORE OF THEM? It's like it will never end and be an infinite loop of MORE MARINES in new 40K. When are we going to get something about Sisters of Battle?
A: But we will bring you an Adepta Sororitas article in the next few days too.

Q: Eagerly waiting to see what the new chapter tactics are like for Raven Guard. Also can you give us a hint about the land raider redeemer's flamestorm cannons? My Grey Knights are very keen to incinerate some heretics
A: Here in the Warhammer Community office, we think flamestorm cannons might just be the best Land Raider option in the new edition...

You heard it here first.

Q: The Omnissiah demands focus upon his blessed warriors or his holy protection upon thy machines may disappear and leave you open to infectious scrapcode!
A: Have you performed the correct rituals?
No faction focus for you, until you perform the correct rituals.

Q: Would have been nice to have some comments on how the new Primaris Space Marines fit into the list. The early look at their points and their comparison to the tactical squad suggests that the new units were not playtested. Warhammer 40,000 Did the playtesters get to test the Primaris space marines with the new rules?
A: [REDACTED] - they did, yes.
All the units across the entire game have been given lots of attention at the playtest stage.

Q: Warhammer 40,000, this sounds really nice for the non-Primaris Spacies... but what about other Chapters? Chapter Tactics? What about the Black Templars that (in principle) least follow the Codex Astartes? Crusader Squads anyone?
Will there be Chapter specific Faction Focus articles?
A: Hi [REDACTED],
Crusader Squads are certainly still a thing.
We'll see if we can cover specific Chapters after we've done at least an overview of all the main armies first.

Q: So the over powered Triumvirate characters are still over powered? He gets back up on a 4+ after soaking up a lot of fire power thanks to his armour. Celestine is bad enough.
A: If anything deserves to be awesome, it's a Primarch.
We haven't seen his points yet though.

Q: Well, Grav Cannons are not worth taking over TL Heavy Bolters on Centurions anymore. Grav Amps do literally nothing now. How disappointing.

The worst part about this article is it rehashed Guiliman and the Dreadnought. We already knew 90% of what was said about them.

I wanted to know what Chapter Tactics do.
A: Hey [REDACTED],
The Grav Amps bonus is incorporated into the statline of the weapon, rather than being a re-roll.

Q: Hasn't virtually everything already been a focus on space marines, like 90% of the statlines and such
A: Hey [REDACTED],
We're not sure that's true. We've had a good look at the new box set Dark Imperium in the last few days, but we hope you can forgive us that. Otherwise, we've seen stats, rules and showcases for almost every army in 40k, and what's not been covered soon will be.

Q: NIce. Can you guys answer one thing? Will vehicles with sponson weapons be able to fire then at different targets of the main weapon or other sponsons?
A: Hey [REDACTED],
Every weapon can fire at a different unit if you like.
This works really well on sponsons, but also on units with a mix of weapons like devastators and havocs.

Q: I want to start a marine army but worried they are going to get phased out with these new marines. Lots of observations supporting that, can GW relieve the anxiety of useless models?
A: Hi [REDACTED],
As [PURGED BY ORDER OF THE INQUISITION] says, we are not getting rid of the current Space Marines.
And also, if you think the new ones look better, and you want to start a new army, why don't you just get those?

Q: My centurions are coming out to play again. But can you still have the sergeant armed with different weapons ie TL lascannons while the other 2 have TL heavy bolters?
A: Yes, and now that works really well, as they can all shoot different stuff!

Q: what about Calgar is he gonna be playable alongside Guilliman?
A: Why would he not be?

Choosing your army
Q: What do you guys think would be a normal sized army in the new points system? Like, is 1500 still a standard or should we mentally readjust?
A: We're not sure yet - we haven't worked it out.. but we will!

Q: Hey Warhammer 40000, can a single detachment (say, a battalion) combine different armys? For example, could a single Imperial battalion contain both Space Marines, Skitari and Sisters?
A: They must simply contain the same keyword. That can be as all-encompassing as "Imperium" or be really specific like "Ultramarines". The more specific you make it, the more army bonuses you will get...

Q: I love the idea of power levels to quickly teach someone (like my kids or brand new players) without bogging them down with customization
A: Bingo - it's exactly for that. Cool, isn't it?

Q: Do weapons the unit starts with in its description have to be purchased separately for matched play, or are the points included in the cost of the model?
A: All models come with a standard weapon, and those are covered in the points cost of the base model.

Q: Hey guys, just wondering if the indexes and rulebooks will be available to purchase on iBooks. I imagine so, but just wanted to be sure. Cheers!
A: Hey Chris - indeed, that's the plan!

Q: Up until now I thought this was all pointless.
A: Hey... we make the puns around here!

Q: "How do I choose the right army for me"

"How about undead egyptian pharaoh metal robot space zombies"

"I'll take 15"
A: You're going to want to take so many more than that...

Q: A little late today Warhammer 40,000 I was getting worried! Thanks for the info on battleforged armies!!
A: Sorry about that...Grots in the system again...

Q: Will there be an official list building app, like Azyr for Sigmar? Or a 40k companion app in general?
A: We have one being planned- it won't be available for release but we will have it ASAP.

Q: Any news about artillery? Weapons not requiring line of sight?

A simple confirmation that they'll be in 8th Edition is a I ask
A: Artillery weapons re most certainly still in the game - we make models of them after all! But as to how they work in-game.. well, we haven't revealed that yet...

Q: Are Chapter Tactics involved in picking my army? Or have those been done away with?
A: Well, we haven't seen the Space Marine codex yet... so we cannot say...

Q: The army roster sheets look cool- will they be available for download so we can print them at our own convenience?
A: That's a great idea. We're on it.

Q: With all the leaks I was wondering if you had forsaken us to wander without official news to guide us.
A: Would we do that to you?!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/05/30 16:43:15


 
   
Made in fr
Fresh-Faced New User




The Warp

 Cephalobeard wrote:
http://imgur.com/a/pqYKP

Space wolves.
Holy crap, Jaws of the World Wolf is terrifying.
   
Made in de
Infiltrating Prowler






 Sidstyler wrote:
Aeri wrote:
 ClockworkZion wrote:
Aeri wrote:
Is there any information about Jet Pack units already?


From what we know from the Tau leaks Jet Packs lost JSJ, but have the Fly special rule.

Actually it looks a lot like jump and jet packs both all get fly and don't really have any rules that seperate them beyond keywords.


that would be a huge and unnecessary nerf...
That was the mechanic I liked and got me into playing tau :(


It's also been one of the number one most-complained about mechanics since its inception. It's frustrating to play against and one of the reasons why a lot of people automatically turn down games against Tau, who make the heaviest use of it.

It kinda had to go at some point, and I'm surprised it took this long.


I honestly didn't find it so offensive on Tau, other than the Riptide. Eldar made that mechanic the most toxic crap ever in 40k, IMO.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Connecticut

 rippounet wrote:
 Cephalobeard wrote:
http://imgur.com/a/pqYKP

Space wolves.
Holy crap, Jaws of the World Wolf is terrifying.


SW Spells being better than Tzeentch spells is a painful thing.

Blood Angels, Custodes, Tzeentch, Alpha Legion, Astra Militarum, Deathwatch, Thousand Sons, Imperial Knights, Tau, Genestealer Cult.

I have a problem.

Being contrary for the sake of being contrary doesn't make you unique, it makes you annoying.

 Purifier wrote:
Using your rules isn't being a dick.
 
   
Made in gb
Deranged Necron Destroyer




SilverAlien wrote:
 skoffs wrote:
Eyjio wrote:
a lot of the necron infantry has seemed good - it's the vehicles and Destroyers which are looking mediocre.

My Destroyer Cult is very sad...


I'm not sure why people don't like the destroyer. New gauss cannon is the same outside -3 AP and d3 damage, which makes it a good all round weapon. Really good against high armor multi wound infantry, which seems like a big part of the space marine line now, between 2 wound terminators and primaris marines. The heavy gauss cannon is just a better lascannon.


Well, let me put it to you like this: would you rather have 1 Destroyer with a Gauss cannon for 63 points, who fires 2 S5 AP-3 shots which are -1 BS if they move, 3 Immortals for 57 points with 3 rapid fire S5 AP-2 shots, or 5 Warriors for 60 points who fire 5 Rapid fire S4 AP-1 shots? It's a tough choice between the Immortals and Warriors IMO, but the Destroyer is never what I'm going with, even if it has T5 W3 3+ and hits on 2+ (which is all pure speculation and would be a huge buff) - it's damage output is too low and the new reanimation protocol rewards taking lots of bodies. Heck, Immortals could fire 6 S5 tesla shots if they wanted, which averages out to be 6 hits or 5 if they ran. Similarly, you're going to have a hard time convincing me that 75 points for one lascannon-with-bonus-AP shot is worth close to 75 points, even if it's 100% guaranteed to hit. They're insanely expensive and really, they aren't that dangerous because they don;t have enough shots. So yeah, they look pretty bad on the face of it.
   
Made in us
Shas'o Commanding the Hunter Kadre




Missouri

Yeah, but you know how it goes, Tau took the lion's share of complaints for it from what I've seen.

 Desubot wrote:
Why isnt Slut Wars: The Sexpocalypse a real game dammit.


"It's easier to change the rules than to get good at the game." 
   
Made in us
Loyal Necron Lychguard




Eyjio wrote:
SilverAlien wrote:
 skoffs wrote:
Eyjio wrote:
a lot of the necron infantry has seemed good - it's the vehicles and Destroyers which are looking mediocre.

My Destroyer Cult is very sad...


I'm not sure why people don't like the destroyer. New gauss cannon is the same outside -3 AP and d3 damage, which makes it a good all round weapon. Really good against high armor multi wound infantry, which seems like a big part of the space marine line now, between 2 wound terminators and primaris marines. The heavy gauss cannon is just a better lascannon.


Well, let me put it to you like this: would you rather have 1 Destroyer with a Gauss cannon for 63 points, who fires 2 S5 AP-3 shots which are -1 BS if they move, 3 Immortals for 57 points with 3 rapid fire S5 AP-2 shots, or 5 Warriors for 60 points who fire 5 Rapid fire S4 AP-1 shots? It's a tough choice between the Immortals and Warriors IMO, but the Destroyer is never what I'm going with, even if it has T5 W3 3+ and hits on 2+ (which is all pure speculation and would be a huge buff) - it's damage output is too low and the new reanimation protocol rewards taking lots of bodies. Heck, Immortals could fire 6 S5 tesla shots if they wanted, which averages out to be 6 hits or 5 if they ran. Similarly, you're going to have a hard time convincing me that 75 points for one lascannon-with-bonus-AP shot is worth close to 75 points, even if it's 100% guaranteed to hit. They're insanely expensive and really, they aren't that dangerous because they don;t have enough shots. So yeah, they look pretty bad on the face of it.


If you've seen the Destroyer datasheet feel free to share it with us. Otherwise judging two units based on half information is pretty pointless.
   
Made in ca
Sister Vastly Superior





 Cephalobeard wrote:
 rippounet wrote:
 Cephalobeard wrote:
http://imgur.com/a/pqYKP

Space wolves.
Holy crap, Jaws of the World Wolf is terrifying.


SW Spells being better than Tzeentch spells is a painful thing.




How is this terrifying? Slowest infantry units so far seem to be moving 4 inches. A lot of them are at 6 inches.

Averaging a 7 on those 2d6, this will be 1 wound on a mov 6 unit. Roll a 12 and it could be 6... however roll anything under that 7 and it does nothing.

It seems like a decently balanced spell to me.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/05/30 16:51:11


18 / 3 / 6 since 6th ed. 
   
Made in de
Perturbed Blood Angel Tactical Marine




Guys, I start to believe chapter tactics are just gone. Did they ever confirm, that they are still in? In the latest Q&A they avoid to say anything about them and looking at the BA leaks they are nowhere to be found. Only Deathcompany stuff is sporting some additional rules.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Connecticut

Voldrak wrote:
 Cephalobeard wrote:
 rippounet wrote:
 Cephalobeard wrote:
http://imgur.com/a/pqYKP

Space wolves.
Holy crap, Jaws of the World Wolf is terrifying.


SW Spells being better than Tzeentch spells is a painful thing.




How is this terrifying? Slowest infantry units so far seem to be moving 4 inches. A lot of them are at 6 inches.

Averaging a 7 on those 2d6, this will be 1 wound on a mov 6 unit. Roll a 12 and it could be 6... however roll anything under that 7 and it does nothing.

It seems like a decently balanced spell to me.


Compare it with other known spells.

Tzeentch has "bolt of change" which on the roll of a 7+, you do -1d3- damage, and if it kills a character you're allowed to pay points to summon a chaos spawn.

It's a good spell, and hilariously better than others.

EDIT: Also, yes, its dependant on what you're using the power on, but on slower units it's a huge hit.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/05/30 16:55:23


Blood Angels, Custodes, Tzeentch, Alpha Legion, Astra Militarum, Deathwatch, Thousand Sons, Imperial Knights, Tau, Genestealer Cult.

I have a problem.

Being contrary for the sake of being contrary doesn't make you unique, it makes you annoying.

 Purifier wrote:
Using your rules isn't being a dick.
 
   
Made in gr
Deadly Dire Avenger





from 4chan
Spoiler:








**edit for spoiler**

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2017/05/30 17:00:54


I am not a bastard. I am the Bastard and its Mr. Bastard to you! 
   
Made in gb
Deranged Necron Destroyer




Requizen wrote:
If you've seen the Destroyer datasheet feel free to share it with us. Otherwise judging two units based on half information is pretty pointless.

If you say so chief. We know their weapons, and unless Destroyers literally autohit, or fire twice, they're less dangerous to any given unit than the same amount of points in Immortals. Maybe it turns out they're super mobile, but until we find out full details,if they're not massively different to their current rules they're DOA.
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran




 ClockworkZion wrote:

Q: Do weapons the unit starts with in its description have to be purchased separately for matched play, or are the points included in the cost of the model?
A: All models come with a standard weapon, and those are covered in the points cost of the base model.


How does this mesh with what seems to be the consensus in this thread that no weapons are included in the price of the base model?
   
Made in us
Courageous Space Marine Captain




On the Internet

rhavien wrote:
Guys, I start to believe chapter tactics are just gone. Did they ever confirm, that they are still in? In the latest Q&A they avoid to say anything about them and looking at the BA leaks they are nowhere to be found. Only Deathcompany stuff is sporting some additional rules.


Let me quote GW Facebook on this one:
Q: Are Chapter Tactics involved in picking my army? Or have those been done away with?
A: Well, we haven't seen the Space Marine codex yet... so we cannot say...


In other words, they'll be in the codex, not the index.
   
Made in us
Fixture of Dakka





 Cephalobeard wrote:


SW Spells being better than Tzeentch spells is a painful thing.


I beg to differ. Treason can make a character shoot, charge, and melee his own army! Now we just need to find a LD reducing ability...

The boon is also as good or better than the other two SW spells.

   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Connecticut

Daedalus81 wrote:
 Cephalobeard wrote:


SW Spells being better than Tzeentch spells is a painful thing.


I beg to differ. Treason can make a character shoot, charge, and melee his own army! Now we just need to find a LD reducing ability...

The boon is also as good or better than the other two SW spells.


Welcome to Disagree, I suppose. Treason is fine, I'm just forever salty about Bolt of Change being absolute garbage in matched play.

Blood Angels, Custodes, Tzeentch, Alpha Legion, Astra Militarum, Deathwatch, Thousand Sons, Imperial Knights, Tau, Genestealer Cult.

I have a problem.

Being contrary for the sake of being contrary doesn't make you unique, it makes you annoying.

 Purifier wrote:
Using your rules isn't being a dick.
 
   
Made in gb
Stalwart Veteran Guard Sergeant




Wales

 Rippy wrote:
Thanks Freddy, already been posted here and in OP though.


Whoops, like a true Necron, always late to the party...

374th Mechanized 195pts 
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: