Switch Theme:

Star Wars Legion News - Yoda and Wookies. P.49.  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in at
Discriminating Warrior





Austria

as far as I know (from local stores), the usual problem is that they have a production run for all languages, and not doing another until the main version is gone

so if all German/French/Italien boxes are gone but still enough Englisch ones on the shelf, they won't make new ones

also re-distribution does not happen, if there are Enlgish version sitting in the shelf in the US but are sold out in Germany the stores won't get a re-stock until the next production run (so it does not matter which language you use, if they are gone they are gone)

Harry, bring this ring to Narnia or the Sith will take the Enterprise

M41 - Alternative Rules for Battles in the 41st Millennium (40k LRB Project) 
   
Made in es
Stealthy Warhound Titan Princeps






 kodos wrote:
as far as I know (from local stores), the usual problem is that they have a production run for all languages, and not doing another until the main version is gone

so if all German/French/Italien boxes are gone but still enough Englisch ones on the shelf, they won't make new ones

also re-distribution does not happen, if there are English version sitting in the shelf in the US but are sold out in Germany the stores won't get a re-stock until the next production run (so it does not matter which language you use, if they are gone they are gone)


This is mostly correct (sometimes they manage to approve additional runs without the english one, but only if they can fill up the factory's production run with the languages being done), and it's a real PITA.
   
Made in at
Discriminating Warrior





Austria

this is the big downside with having the rules in the model boxes instead of books or card packs

and it is also difficult to get estimate a demand for the models as because they are not available people don't try to get into the game, but because not many are playing, the amount of boxes is low

at least in the beginning it would be easier to make all englisch boxes and sell translation packs with the cards in different languages

Harry, bring this ring to Narnia or the Sith will take the Enterprise

M41 - Alternative Rules for Battles in the 41st Millennium (40k LRB Project) 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





They've existed since 1st edition X-Wing though, Covid is just a very convenient excuse they're using to mask the fact they've never been good at keeping things in stock. They're not entirely at fault, but it is an issue they've had for the better part of a decade and seemingly haven't ever done anything to fix. For a company as huge as Asmodee it's really quite telling I think


X-Wing availability problems were a thing from the very beginning, but it was a different scenario (from the perspective of FFG).

Hobby board games (of which FFG considered X-Wing at the time!) are produced in finite print runs. If they sell well enough, they do another print run. At the time, FFG was contracting out the factory time for producing X-Wing miniatures (IDK how AMG does it now). Expansions for hobby board games are ALWAYS produced at a lower quantity as well. Again, let me re-emphasize: FFG considered X-Wing a hobby board game, NOT a tabletop wargame like 40k. Maybe the best comparison is to their living card games -- their expansion model certainly followed that pretty closely.

FFG did not anticipate the success of X-Wing, nor did they realize the type of customer they'd gained. This resulted in a huge lag in availability for the first few expansions for the game--Y-wings and another ship (I forget which maybe TIE x1) were almost impossible to obtain for about a year.

Just thought some of you might be interested in some of the background reasons for some of these games that were more successfull than anticipated.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/08/02 14:26:28


 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





 hotsauceman1 wrote:
I find that quite interesting because we have never had problems getting anything where i am.


Respectfully, your area may be an exception to the rule. I have helped organize and manage communities in several regions of the US and Asmodee distributed games are among the worst supply-chain constrained products I have ever seen. All the Star Wars systems, A Song of Ice and Fire and to a much lesser degree Crisis Protocol have all had community crippling issues bound to distribution at various points. The company also has a bank of go-to lies that are virtually inside jokes at this point. The number of times a "boat sank" during shipping has become comical.

11527pts Total (7400pts painted)

4980pts Total (4980pts painted)

3730 Total (210pts painted) 
   
Made in gb
Multispectral Hsien





Gosport, UK

The Shadow Collective from the Clone Wars coming as a new faction:


   
Made in us
Thunderhawk Pilot Dropping From Orbit





United States

Happily surprised with this reveal. I was expecting AMG to have nothing lined up after this upcoming release. Good to see the game is getting proper support and not just the main factions.

To anyone reading this who hasn't played, this game is amazing and you should give it a try!
   
Made in us
Thunderhawk Pilot Dropping From Orbit





United States

Some shadow collective reveals and looks like AMG are expanding into the Mandalorian/New Republic era as well! Pray they go no further lmao. Sorry for itty bitty photos.
[Thumb - 241719808_907204020177033_267672305663544472_n.jpg]

[Thumb - 241693540_556396302254018_7773554907834923640_n.jpg]

[Thumb - 241694557_1675284479343205_3935166229324144353_n.jpg]

[Thumb - 241667356_1710405632477740_3219936647289409231_n.jpg]
Old Boba!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/09/11 22:42:02


 
   
Made in us
Manhunter





Sticksville, Texas

They have also confirmed that Darth Vader is getting huge buffs with a Command Slot, and Compel: Corps.

Also confirmed Ahsoka is coming, and updated card packs for the faction with all the added errata and keywords.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Oh. Points adjustments at the end of this month/early next month too.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/09/12 19:15:27


 
   
Made in us
Thunderhawk Pilot Dropping From Orbit





United States

Darth Vader was in need of a few buffs for sure. Maybe even master of the force 2?
   
Made in us
Manhunter





Sticksville, Texas

 Midnightdeathblade wrote:
Darth Vader was in need of a few buffs for sure. Maybe even master of the force 2?


Did you see the changes to Darkness Descends and Implacable? They both have a permanent effect on Vader. Implacable gives him a Dodge every Command Phase for the rest of the game after it is played, and Darkness Descends has an alternate way to be played. If Vader doesn't reveal it to Infiltrate... he gets 2 Surge tokens every round.

At this point with Burst Of Speed... I think that Master Of The Force 2 would be wasted when running Vader with Saber Throw, Force Choke, and Burst of Speed. Vader with free Surges and Dodges is terrifying.

The Maul Mandos and that Scum wave I guess are the last of the FFG designed stuff, so everything after that will be AMG designed. Will be neat to see where the game goes from here.
   
Made in de
Powerful Ushbati






Cool. I've been hoping for commitment to a scum faction. Pikes look cool, too. This is nice to see.

What's not so nice to see? Am I spotting tactical rocks there? I hope that particular nonsense doesn't take over quickly, although in the end it'll be inevitable.

 NH Gunsmith wrote:
Also confirmed Ahsoka is coming...


It is? Yay! Finally!

I hope the model looks cool.

Nehekhara lives! Sort of! 
   
Made in us
Fixture of Dakka





 NH Gunsmith wrote:
 Midnightdeathblade wrote:
Darth Vader was in need of a few buffs for sure. Maybe even master of the force 2?


Did you see the changes to Darkness Descends and Implacable? They both have a permanent effect on Vader. Implacable gives him a Dodge every Command Phase for the rest of the game after it is played, and Darkness Descends has an alternate way to be played. If Vader doesn't reveal it to Infiltrate... he gets 2 Surge tokens every round.

At this point with Burst Of Speed... I think that Master Of The Force 2 would be wasted when running Vader with Saber Throw, Force Choke, and Burst of Speed. Vader with free Surges and Dodges is terrifying.

The Maul Mandos and that Scum wave I guess are the last of the FFG designed stuff, so everything after that will be AMG designed. Will be neat to see where the game goes from here.


Vader needs to take Force Push over Saber Throw sadly. Force Push is just too important to making Jedi work by abusing the engagement rules.
   
Made in us
VF-1S Valkyrie Squadron Commander





Mississippi

I hope they do not make characters too attractive, it's one thing that's utterly turned me off in the likes of 40K. They should be worth the points, but I dislike one-man armies.

I don't want the game to become a battle of characters with a bunch of mooks in the background, I prefer my games to be driven by the actual forces and leave the heroes for a different sort of game, like Imperial Assault.

It never ends well 
   
Made in us
Member of the Ethereal Council






 Geifer wrote:
Cool. I've been hoping for commitment to a scum faction. Pikes look cool, too. This is nice to see.

What's not so nice to see? Am I spotting tactical rocks there? I hope that particular nonsense doesn't take over quickly, although in the end it'll be inevitable.

 NH Gunsmith wrote:
Also confirmed Ahsoka is coming...


It is? Yay! Finally!

I hope the model looks cool.

Well they said she is further down the pipeline than others.

5000pts 6000pts 3000pts
 
   
Made in us
Manhunter





Sticksville, Texas

 LunarSol wrote:
 NH Gunsmith wrote:
 Midnightdeathblade wrote:
Darth Vader was in need of a few buffs for sure. Maybe even master of the force 2?


Did you see the changes to Darkness Descends and Implacable? They both have a permanent effect on Vader. Implacable gives him a Dodge every Command Phase for the rest of the game after it is played, and Darkness Descends has an alternate way to be played. If Vader doesn't reveal it to Infiltrate... he gets 2 Surge tokens every round.

At this point with Burst Of Speed... I think that Master Of The Force 2 would be wasted when running Vader with Saber Throw, Force Choke, and Burst of Speed. Vader with free Surges and Dodges is terrifying.

The Maul Mandos and that Scum wave I guess are the last of the FFG designed stuff, so everything after that will be AMG designed. Will be neat to see where the game goes from here.


Vader needs to take Force Push over Saber Throw sadly. Force Push is just too important to making Jedi work by abusing the engagement rules.


You are 100% correct. I really have no idea why I was thinking of Saber Throw... zero reason to ever run that on infiltrating Commander slot Vader since he will in melee turn 1 or 2.

Could see maybe running Saber Throw over Force Choke on Commander Vader if you are going to play Darkness Descends as it's new alternate way to be played... but yeah, I agree with you on Force Push.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Myrtle Creek, OR

What are the creatures in the top picture called?


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Midnightdeathblade wrote:
Some shadow collective reveals and looks like AMG are expanding into the Mandalorian/New Republic era as well! Pray they go no further lmao. Sorry for itty bitty photos.


This top picture please

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/09/13 22:52:34


 
   
Made in us
Beautiful and Deadly Keeper of Secrets





 privateer4hire wrote:
What are the creatures in the top picture called?


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Midnightdeathblade wrote:
Some shadow collective reveals and looks like AMG are expanding into the Mandalorian/New Republic era as well! Pray they go no further lmao. Sorry for itty bitty photos.


This top picture please
The Species is called Pyke https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Pyke
   
Made in us
Thunderhawk Pilot Dropping From Orbit





United States

 NH Gunsmith wrote:
 Midnightdeathblade wrote:
Darth Vader was in need of a few buffs for sure. Maybe even master of the force 2?


Did you see the changes to Darkness Descends and Implacable? They both have a permanent effect on Vader. Implacable gives him a Dodge every Command Phase for the rest of the game after it is played, and Darkness Descends has an alternate way to be played. If Vader doesn't reveal it to Infiltrate... he gets 2 Surge tokens every round.

At this point with Burst Of Speed... I think that Master Of The Force 2 would be wasted when running Vader with Saber Throw, Force Choke, and Burst of Speed. Vader with free Surges and Dodges is terrifying.

The Maul Mandos and that Scum wave I guess are the last of the FFG designed stuff, so everything after that will be AMG designed. Will be neat to see where the game goes from here.



Wow, I did not see these changes. Yeah motf 2 is not needed with those abilities.
   
Made in us
Manhunter





Sticksville, Texas

The fact that it is also confirmed that the Civil War era factions are getting an errata/adjustment to bring them more up to snuff really has rekindled the enjoyment I have been having with it.

As an Empire only player in a meta of CIS, Rebels, and some Clones... it has been a bit rough haha.

I have some reservations about the upcoming battle forces though, since I know of at least two attempts in fairly recent gaming history where a similar idea did not work out too well (40k 7th edition Formations and Warmachine theme forces)... and one of those attempts was helmed by the current lead developer at AMG (Will Pagani)... I am interested to see how they approach it this time.

The mercenaries and the keywords they gain when run out of their battle force seem neat, but I am really hoping battle forces doesn't become the default way to play like they have in Warmachine Mk. III.
   
Made in de
Powerful Ushbati






 hotsauceman1 wrote:
 Geifer wrote:
 NH Gunsmith wrote:
Also confirmed Ahsoka is coming...


It is? Yay! Finally!

I hope the model looks cool.

Well they said she is further down the pipeline than others.


It's not ideal to be sure, but I'm happy to have confirmation we're getting her at all. I'm used to waiting. They've been taking their sweet time so far. No reason to change a good tradition now.

 NH Gunsmith wrote:
I have some reservations about the upcoming battle forces though, since I know of at least two attempts in fairly recent gaming history where a similar idea did not work out too well (40k 7th edition Formations and Warmachine theme forces)... and one of those attempts was helmed by the current lead developer at AMG (Will Pagani)... I am interested to see how they approach it this time.

The mercenaries and the keywords they gain when run out of their battle force seem neat, but I am really hoping battle forces doesn't become the default way to play like they have in Warmachine Mk. III.


Yes, it definitely sounds like something to be wary of. Replacing a single force organization chart with a variety tailored to specific forces runs the risk of tailoring some so well to their respective forces' needs that they gain an undesired advantage. It's potentially hard to balance and offers a lot of potential to mess up. Plus, personally I like that the heavy Corps requirement helps make Legion armies look like actual armies. It would be a shame to see that go.

I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt because they're not GW, but I also really hope that they don't go the 7th ed route and throw additional, free bonuses on top of ignoring the force organization chart. That was such an overtly bogus decision by GW that I like to think AMG wouldn't do that, if only by merit of not being GW, but I guess we can't rule it out until we see what AMG has actually planned.

But of course who cares about that? The game is already circling the drain now that we have Ewoks announced.

Nehekhara lives! Sort of! 
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: