Switch Theme:

Age of Sigmar N & R. : pg.46 Lumineth articles and endless spells.  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

Then the other armies will just have to kill the 1W 5+ save unit that loses its Wizard status when the unit leader is slain or drops below 4 models+unit Champion?

I get that it seems crazy to start with, but it really doesn't seem to be from just the cursory view.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/06/19 20:07:33


 
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




 Kanluwen wrote:
Not worried about the Sentinels. They lose Wizard status if the unit champion is slain and he also grants the no LOS shooting attack.

Anywho, the big thing about Lumineth is they seem to lack Battleline units. There's a weird caveat in effect for the way Wardens interact with Dawnriders and Sentinels but that is probably going to be mindbogglingly obvious once it's not in German.


It's been translated to meaning Wardens are Batteline units, but for every Warden unit you take, you can take 1 unit of Sentinels OR 1 unit of Dawnriders as Battleline too.
   
Made in us
Lieutenant General






Florence, KY

I have a feeling that Teclis is going to be following Sigmar's example...

Spoiler:

'It is a source of constant consternation that my opponents
cannot correlate their innate inferiority with their inevitable
defeat. It would seem that stupidity is as eternal as war.'

- Nemesor Zahndrekh of the Sautekh Dynasty
Overlord of the Crownworld of Gidrim
 
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




 Ghaz wrote:
I have a feeling that Teclis is going to be following Sigmar's example...

Spoiler:


Yep me too, it seems too intentional that Tyrion with a second wave of Lumineth is going to be coming at some point. I really want to see what the temple warriors of the other spirits might look like, i'd love to see some badass swordsmen unit revolving around flowing like the river or the wind etc.
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka




UK

Yeah typically your unit leader and banner etc... are the last models in a unit to die unless you've very specific sniper units or you can contrive a situation to kill just them.

Personally I think that's fine because most of the time those buffs are made to be core parts of how those units work as a group; so allowing them to be selectively taken out too easily would defeat the point of them.

   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

GenRifDrake wrote:
 Kanluwen wrote:
Not worried about the Sentinels. They lose Wizard status if the unit champion is slain and he also grants the no LOS shooting attack.

Anywho, the big thing about Lumineth is they seem to lack Battleline units. There's a weird caveat in effect for the way Wardens interact with Dawnriders and Sentinels but that is probably going to be mindbogglingly obvious once it's not in German.


It's been translated to meaning Wardens are Batteline units, but for every Warden unit you take, you can take 1 unit of Sentinels OR 1 unit of Dawnriders as Battleline too.

That's assuming, as all the leaked photos I've seen cut off a quarter of the text.
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




 Kanluwen wrote:
GenRifDrake wrote:
 Kanluwen wrote:
Not worried about the Sentinels. They lose Wizard status if the unit champion is slain and he also grants the no LOS shooting attack.

Anywho, the big thing about Lumineth is they seem to lack Battleline units. There's a weird caveat in effect for the way Wardens interact with Dawnriders and Sentinels but that is probably going to be mindbogglingly obvious once it's not in German.


It's been translated to meaning Wardens are Batteline units, but for every Warden unit you take, you can take 1 unit of Sentinels OR 1 unit of Dawnriders as Battleline too.

That's assuming, as all the leaked photos I've seen cut off a quarter of the text.


I'm in the FB group with the guy who got the box early and posted all the pics, that was apparently the translation they said.
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

That's cool and all, but until it's 100% posted or I can see it in English I'm simply saying that it is probably going to be mindboggingly obvious once it's not in German.
   
Made in es
Grim Dark Angels Interrogator-Chaplain




Vigo. Spain.

Lumineth are quite cheap with how many mortal wounds they can make. I mean, the archers can be rerolling all hits with guiding light and doing mortal wounds on 5+ to hit. 30 archers doing that at 30" without LOS are gonna delete many units.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/06/19 20:38:13


 Crimson Devil wrote:

Dakka does have White Knights and is also rather infamous for it's Black Knights. A new edition brings out the passionate and not all of them are good at expressing themselves in written form. There have been plenty of hysterical responses from both sides so far. So we descend into pointless bickering with neither side listening to each other. So posting here becomes more masturbation than conversation.

ERJAK wrote:
Forcing a 40k player to keep playing 7th is basically a hate crime.

 
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




 Galas wrote:
Lumineth are quite cheap with how many mortal wounds they can make. I mean, the archers can be rerolling all hits with guiding light and doing mortal wounds on 5+ to hit. 30 archers doing that at 30" without LOS are gonna delete many units.


They are max unit of 20 sadly but they still have potential. Wardens are scarey too imo at 30 max unit size, 3" reach, and 2 attacks each... Get the Power of Hysh off and buffs to re-roll some misses and that's a huge amount of attacks doing MW on 5+ to hit.
   
Made in us
Insect-Infested Nurgle Chaos Lord






 Kanluwen wrote:
Then the other armies will just have to kill the 1W 5+ save unit that loses its Wizard status when the unit leader is slain or drops below 4 models+unit Champion?

I get that it seems crazy to start with, but it really doesn't seem to be from just the cursory view.
So wait, the reason you said before is invalid but now it is a different reason, why didn't you say it in the first place? And how many armies are killing models at 30" range with no line of sight required? I'm not saying they will or won't be an issue (in fact I am specifically saying I do not know yet) but your reasoning makes no sense to my reading.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
GenRifDrake wrote:
 Galas wrote:
Lumineth are quite cheap with how many mortal wounds they can make. I mean, the archers can be rerolling all hits with guiding light and doing mortal wounds on 5+ to hit. 30 archers doing that at 30" without LOS are gonna delete many units.


They are max unit of 20 sadly but they still have potential. Wardens are scarey too imo at 30 max unit size, 3" reach, and 2 attacks each... Get the Power of Hysh off and buffs to re-roll some misses and that's a huge amount of attacks doing MW on 5+ to hit.
MW spam is my biggest concern. I am hoping for some mitigating elements we have yet to see or put together.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/06/19 23:58:44


Consider; Games Workshop rules not so much games but as toolboxes for players to craft an experience from, and open/narrative/matched play just examples of how things can be put together. 
   
Made in jp
Fresh-Faced New User




Only Idoneth as allies is a bit hard to understand:
First Teclis wanted to destroy them considering them as a failure of his,
and other factions like Sylvaneth, Cities of Sigmar, or even Stormcast should be able
to ally them because, well fluffwise this is how they work.

Since Morathi and Teclis are depicted listenning at least to each other,
even the Sisters of Kaine could be a candidate.

Hope they will FaQ this somewhere...
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

These new Elves are almost enough to make me wanted to get into AoS. I always liked the aesthetic of the Hive Elves, and the cavalry, spearmen and archers here are all very nice.

Not so keen on the Wraithcow, or Teclis and his Kingdom Death reject monster though...

   
Made in us
Insect-Infested Nurgle Chaos Lord






 H.B.M.C. wrote:
These new Elves are almost enough to make me wanted to get into AoS. I always liked the aesthetic of the Hive Elves, and the cavalry, spearmen and archers here are all very nice.

Not so keen on the Wraithcow, or Teclis and his Kingdom Death reject monster though...
Fear not, as I am sure the AU prices will quash that desire in full.

Consider; Games Workshop rules not so much games but as toolboxes for players to craft an experience from, and open/narrative/matched play just examples of how things can be put together. 
   
Made in si
Skillful Swordmaster





Slaanesh_shield wrote:
Only Idoneth as allies is a bit hard to understand:


The best part is that SCE can take LRL as allies as they can ally with any order faction. I'm sure it's getting addressed in the next GHB, still, I think they've overplayed the isolated nation(s) card as it doesn't serve any real purpose (apart from *buy our new product*).

Since Morathi and Teclis are depicted listenning at least to each other, even the Sisters of Kaine could be a candidate

The nations seem more independent and engaged in their affairs. Teclis has priests/emissaries but those figures likely don't speak for the Lumineth nations, however it is rather odd that the Deepkin have more diverse pallet of allies to choose from. I had imagined CoS, Sylvaneth and Deepkin are going to make the cut, perhaps even Fyreslayers as they're wandering mercenaries.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/06/20 07:15:50


 
   
Made in gb
Death-Dealing Ultramarine Devastator




New Lumineth set already “no longer available online” on the NZ site! And costs $365 NZ dollars for anyone who can work out what that will be elsewhere

Now on UK site for £110

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/06/20 09:51:58


 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut






No wolves on Fenris wrote:
New Lumineth set already “no longer available online” on the NZ site! And costs $365 NZ dollars for anyone who can work out what that will be elsewhere

Now on UK site for £110


£88 if you get it from Element or 3rd parties. Not bad if you're after the limited book and such.
   
Made in be
Courageous Beastmaster





That only deepkin feels like a typo.

SCE can ally with every order faction right?




 
   
Made in us
Aspirant Tech-Adept





 Inquisitor Gideon wrote:
No wolves on Fenris wrote:
New Lumineth set already “no longer available online” on the NZ site! And costs $365 NZ dollars for anyone who can work out what that will be elsewhere

Now on UK site for £110


£88 if you get it from Element or 3rd parties. Not bad if you're after the limited book and such.


$185 here in the states with a final price at a discount retailer of about $170 (discount + taxes).

As someone that just wants the models and tome (fancy tome would be nice but not a must have), I might wait on the Start Collecting box and Tome to come out separately. That should run about $125 all said and done.

So a difference of $45 (£36) if I wait for the individual releases. It's not much spread out over the months between here and when they actually become available but 40k's new edition is out next month so I'm sure the Lumineth would just sit on my shelf for months anyway.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/06/20 17:29:12


 
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

That's assuming the SC box is:
a) Coming this year(highly doubtful).
b) Contains the same items as this set.
c) Not going to be $100 or so.

We know exactly what is "limited to this box". Dice($25 for 20 when they release usually), counters and ability cards(ranges from $20 to $30), the combat gauge(first time we've gotten an army themed one that I can think of--these are overpriced normally), and the book's specialness.

Realtalk:
If people want the items in this set? You're probably going to want to grab it. I'm not a fan of the army book but I can(and will) trade/sell that off if I like the cover of the general release better.

You're looking at $35 to $40 for Eltharion(50mm based character), $50 to $60 for the Wardens, $50 to $60 for the Dawnriders.

That's anywhere from $135 to $160 individually. The Start Collecting will probably be a Scinari Cathaller or Alarith Stonemage(guessing conservatively, $35 a pop on them--possibly $30 if lucky), a pack of Wardens, and a unit of Dawnriders or one of the Spirits of Alarith(the goat construct). The army is fairly limited as to what there is and they likely want to do a 'sampler' with the SC versus the Army Pack that's up right now which leans heavily towards the Vanari side of things.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/06/20 17:37:01


 
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka




UK

Getting Started sets can take some time - Daughters of Khaine didn't get one for more than a year after release and they were one of the poster-child factions for the start of AoS 2.0



   
Made in ca
Sickening Carrion





It doesn’t look like a great value. Maybe they realized that they can get away with that for the limited release boxes because they sell out so quickly.

Necrons
Dark Angels
Imperial Knights
Orcs and Goblins
Tomb Kings
Wood Elves 
   
Made in us
Aspirant Tech-Adept





 Kanluwen wrote:
That's assuming the SC box is:
a) Coming this year(highly doubtful).
b) Contains the same items as this set.
c) Not going to be $100 or so.

We know exactly what is "limited to this box". Dice($25 for 20 when they release usually), counters and ability cards(ranges from $20 to $30), the combat gauge(first time we've gotten an army themed one that I can think of--these are overpriced normally), and the book's specialness.

Realtalk:
If people want the items in this set? You're probably going to want to grab it. I'm not a fan of the army book but I can(and will) trade/sell that off if I like the cover of the general release better.

You're looking at $35 to $40 for Eltharion(50mm based character), $50 to $60 for the Wardens, $50 to $60 for the Dawnriders.

That's anywhere from $135 to $160 individually. The Start Collecting will probably be a Scinari Cathaller or Alarith Stonemage(guessing conservatively, $35 a pop on them--possibly $30 if lucky), a pack of Wardens, and a unit of Dawnriders or one of the Spirits of Alarith(the goat construct). The army is fairly limited as to what there is and they likely want to do a 'sampler' with the SC versus the Army Pack that's up right now which leans heavily towards the Vanari side of things.


The newest AoS Start Collecting, Slaves to Darkness, is $95 for: 1 Lord, 5 Knights, 10 Warriors. 16 models total.

Same as the Lumineth contents: 1 Eltharion, 5 Dawnriders, 10 Wardens.

Seems like a good match to be re-packed as the Lumineth Start Collecting box. Not guaranteed, but very likely in my opinion.

Assuming they keep the same price point, and there's nothing to suggest they wouldn't, that's $95 for the start collecting.

$95 Start Collecting Lumineth
$40 Battletome (Not the fancy tome, but the tome nonetheless)

That's $135 MSRP. Which translates to ~$125 after applying discount and taxes.

Again, that's just for the (potential) Start Collecting box and tome which are all I care for in the new box. The accessories are only a detriment to the price in my eyes.

Don't mind waiting as the new 40k boxed set is coming out very soon and the Lumineth would only gather dust for months before I paid them any mind.

Could buy it, sit on it, and sell it when full Lumineth release hits, then just pick up the SC and tome at a deeper discount thanks to the profits. As this special box would probably only appreciate, same as the Sisters of Battle one has.

It all depends on how much you value those dice and tokens.
   
Made in us
Insect-Infested Nurgle Chaos Lord






 Egyptian Space Zombie wrote:
It doesn’t look like a great value. Maybe they realized that they can get away with that for the limited release boxes because they sell out so quickly.
In a way I am OK with it, as it makes things less appealing to scalpers.

Consider; Games Workshop rules not so much games but as toolboxes for players to craft an experience from, and open/narrative/matched play just examples of how things can be put together. 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut






Side question; is this the first time a limited ed battle tome/codex has been sold through 3rd parties?
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka




UK

 Inquisitor Gideon wrote:
Side question; is this the first time a limited ed battle tome/codex has been sold through 3rd parties?


Nope the Sisters of Battle was, far as I recall, also sold through 3rd parties and also had a limited edition inside. I think its how GW wants to sell them now. It doesn't surprise me as the price for limited editions on their own always turned me away from them; giving them away with discount over a regular codex along with a box of great models all at the start is a very neat way to get sales of them. Certainly the SoB and Luminoth boxed sets are things I would have bought if I were starting either army and had the money at launch.

   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

 Dentry wrote:

The newest AoS Start Collecting, Slaves to Darkness, is $95 for: 1 Lord, 5 Knights, 10 Warriors. 16 models total.

Same as the Lumineth contents: 1 Eltharion, 5 Dawnriders, 10 Wardens.

Seems like a good match to be re-packed as the Lumineth Start Collecting box. Not guaranteed, but very likely in my opinion.

Assuming they keep the same price point, and there's nothing to suggest they wouldn't, that's $95 for the start collecting.

You know that Slaves to Darkness are Easy to Build/simplified builds right? The Lumineth stuff is full kits. You can go and look at the sprues right now if you want to. The Slaves to Darkness stuff is all shared frames.

$95 Start Collecting Lumineth
$40 Battletome (Not the fancy tome, but the tome nonetheless)

That's $135 MSRP. Which translates to ~$125 after applying discount and taxes.

Again, that's just for the (potential) Start Collecting box and tome which are all I care for in the new box. The accessories are only a detriment to the price in my eyes.

Don't mind waiting as the new 40k boxed set is coming out very soon and the Lumineth would only gather dust for months before I paid them any mind.

Could buy it, sit on it, and sell it when full Lumineth release hits, then just pick up the SC and tome at a deeper discount thanks to the profits. As this special box would probably only appreciate, same as the Sisters of Battle one has.

It all depends on how much you value those dice and tokens.

That's cool and all, but Indomitus is also not full kits but rather simplified kits.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/06/20 21:18:32


 
   
Made in us
Aspirant Tech-Adept





 Kanluwen wrote:
 Dentry wrote:

The newest AoS Start Collecting, Slaves to Darkness, is $95 for: 1 Lord, 5 Knights, 10 Warriors. 16 models total.

Same as the Lumineth contents: 1 Eltharion, 5 Dawnriders, 10 Wardens.

Seems like a good match to be re-packed as the Lumineth Start Collecting box. Not guaranteed, but very likely in my opinion.

Assuming they keep the same price point, and there's nothing to suggest they wouldn't, that's $95 for the start collecting.

You know that Slaves to Darkness are Easy to Build/simplified builds right? The Lumineth stuff is full kits. You can go and look at the sprues right now if you want to. The Slaves to Darkness stuff is all shared frames.

A bit beside the point so long as the units remain (relatively) the same.

In any case, I don't see why they would have full kits in this box and not the more dynamic push-fit stuff if it were available. The Sisters box had the dynamic push-fit models for their special box with special codex and later released the full kits.
Don't think they're sitting on Lumineth push-fit sprues just for the eventual SC.

 Kanluwen wrote:
That's cool and all, but Indomitus is also not full kits but rather simplified kits.

That's irrelevant. My point is that it's coming out soon which decreases the immediacy of my "need" to get the Lumineth stuff.
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

And my point is that Slaves to Darkness is an exception rather than the rule. It's currently one of three Start Collecting sets using easier to build mechanics that weren't in Starter Sets.
The other two are Start Collecting Vanguard Space Marines and Start Collecting Chaos Space Marines--both of which got brought in via Shadowspear(a battle box rather than starter).

And no, it isn't "a bit beside the point". Read the article posted yesterday. These are the kits that will be available at retail. The Sisters stuff will likely end up as a Start Collecting later this year, but we have yet to see any signs of AoS moving to have slews of SC sets in an easy build format.
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran





 Kanluwen wrote:
And my point is that Slaves to Darkness is an exception rather than the rule. It's currently one of three Start Collecting sets using easier to build mechanics that weren't in Starter Sets.
The other two are Start Collecting Vanguard Space Marines and Start Collecting Chaos Space Marines--both of which got brought in via Shadowspear(a battle box rather than starter).

And no, it isn't "a bit beside the point". Read the article posted yesterday. These are the kits that will be available at retail. The Sisters stuff will likely end up as a Start Collecting later this year, but we have yet to see any signs of AoS moving to have slews of SC sets in an easy build format.


The Age of Sigmar was the first starter set that got moved to Start Collecting status, so we technically had 5 easy to build SC, with four of them being made from pre existing boxsets, minus a few units. As far as I am aware, the chaos space marine side is identical to Shadowspear, but the Librarian is missing from the primaris SC. And they shrunk down the number of blood reavers you get from the Khorne SC. I think we've also got the Dark Imperium ending up as SC sets, which I imagine will also shrink the number of poxwalkers per set from 20 to 10.
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: