Switch Theme:

Necromunda Underhive news & rumours-House of Artifice (Van Saar) pg 58  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in fi
Regular Dakkanaut





As before, the designer of Gang Stronghold is sharing tips on Twitter.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Owen_Patten/status/1319937965909561344

That place is the harsh dark future far left with only war left. 
   
Made in gb
Bonkers Buggy Driver with Rockets





Scotland, but nowhere near my rulebook

Goonhammer have got an advance copy
https://www.goonhammer.com/necromunday-house-of-iron-review/
Including an utterly bizarre rules conflict for greenhorns

Got my pre order in.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Seriously thinking that equipping my gang with Flak rather than mesh could be a good move - Orlocks don't exactly look heavily armoured, and the creds could get you another Juve

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/10/25 10:28:22


 
   
Made in vn
Longtime Dakkanaut




Confoundingly, for a fighter named “Arms Master”, this character gets extremely limited access to weapons. They’re limited to Shotguns, Stub Guns, and combat weapons on their equipment list, and can only use Basic, Pistols, and Close Combat Weapons from the TP or BM.


That's nice, who wrote these rules? Stub guns on champ? Thanks dawg.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/10/25 12:10:59


 
   
Made in be
Longtime Dakkanaut





Chopstick wrote:


That's nice, who wrote these rules? Stub guns on champ? Thanks dawg.


They have access to basic weapons from the TP and BM, though. They seem to be more leaning towards melee than the road sergeants. It's good to have separate kinds of champions to fulfill different roles.
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

Can't let Necromunda gangers take weapons that aren't on their house lists. That'd be sacrilege.

   
Made in fi
Charging Wild Rider





Chopstick wrote:
Confoundingly, for a fighter named “Arms Master”, this character gets extremely limited access to weapons. They’re limited to Shotguns, Stub Guns, and combat weapons on their equipment list, and can only use Basic, Pistols, and Close Combat Weapons from the TP or BM.


That's nice, who wrote these rules? Stub guns on champ? Thanks dawg.
What's wrong with that? Stub guns are cheap and highly reliable, pretty good backup weapons, no?
Other than that, yes, their restricted weaponry seems awfully strange for someone called "Arms Master". The new "Shotgun Savant" skill could have made shotgun-focussed builds one of several interesting options, but by the sounds of things it's probably one of very few ways in which they can be run.

Well, at least the Orlocks got nice and actually useful Prospect Juves!
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

I can't help but wonder if the Arms Master is meant to be 'inspired' by the naval rank of 'Master at Arms'.

Arms Masters are tasked with keeping order within their own gang and setting an example for the younger members of the clan, both of which they achieve through a combination of cracking heads and unleashing their Cyber-mastiffs. Regarded as the hardest members of an already hardy house, it’s not uncommon for these fighters to get stabbed or shot, only to get back up and make their enemies pay dearly for angering them.

The post of master-at-arms was introduced to the Royal Navy during the reign of King Charles I; their original duties were to be responsible for the ship's small arms and edged weapons, and to drill the ship's company in their use.

In the United States Navy, the Master-at-Arms rating is responsible for law enforcement, Investigations, K-9, expeditionary, and Anti-Terrorism/Force Protection (AT/FP) operations. It is one of the oldest ratings in the United States Navy, having been recognized since the Navy's inception.


The weapon choices would make a bit more sense in that context.
Am excited to get the book and Wreckers either way. Thinking about rejigging the Arms Master torsos to be armored rather than just bare though.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/10/25 16:53:44


 
   
Made in vn
Longtime Dakkanaut




 Coenus Scaldingus wrote:

]What's wrong with that? Stub guns are cheap and highly reliable, pretty good backup weapons, no?


I wouldn't call a 4+ ammo roll weapon "highly reliable", but it's your choice to buy the worst sidearm in the game for your most expensive fighter. Even more so if I was playing the "no weapon discard" and "profile shuffle" rule and now have a deadweight of a weapon sitting on a weapon slot.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2020/10/25 17:00:06


 
   
Made in es
Longtime Dakkanaut





some new female orlocks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/10/25 17:50:47


 
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

zamerion wrote:
some new female orlocks

Picture isn't loading, but that is interesting. They look kinda weedy though.
   
Made in vn
Longtime Dakkanaut




Because the link is not a direct image link

   
Made in gb
Cultist of Nurgle with Open Sores





Uk

 H.B.M.C. wrote:
Can't let Necromunda gangers take weapons that aren't on their house lists. That'd be sacrilege.


I have received pretty strong pushback when citicising this direction in the rules. I get people power game, but I always prefered my gang to be armed with all sorts. Ho hum.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/10/25 18:53:34


*witty comment regarding table top gaming* 
   
Made in gb
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK

Rogue Doctor is up for sale this Friday


   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




zamerion wrote:
some new female orlocks


The redhead looks female but the blonde looks more like Vince Neil. So not sure if you can say "female" though for games workshop they are gettting a little closer to female which is strides better then the past. Much like nerds in highschool I am sure GW will eventually find a woman to model some of their minis after. Here's to wishful thinking anyway.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/10/25 19:03:36


 
   
Made in gb
Rampaging Reaver Titan Princeps





Warwickshire

New Orlocks will probably be a Forgeworld release...
   
Made in gb
Martial Arts SAS




United Kingdom

 zedmeister wrote:
New Orlocks will probably be a Forgeworld release...


Sad but.. probably true. At Escher champion prices..

   
Made in ca
Dakka Veteran





 Coenus Scaldingus wrote:
Chopstick wrote:
Confoundingly, for a fighter named “Arms Master”, this character gets extremely limited access to weapons. They’re limited to Shotguns, Stub Guns, and combat weapons on their equipment list, and can only use Basic, Pistols, and Close Combat Weapons from the TP or BM.


That's nice, who wrote these rules? Stub guns on champ? Thanks dawg.
What's wrong with that? Stub guns are cheap and highly reliable, pretty good backup weapons, no?
Other than that, yes, their restricted weaponry seems awfully strange for someone called "Arms Master". The new "Shotgun Savant" skill could have made shotgun-focussed builds one of several interesting options, but by the sounds of things it's probably one of very few ways in which they can be run.

I don't get you. If they get access to Basic weapons from the TP/BM there are any number of viable shooting builds for them (even though they seem to be around for melee builds, with shooting lefts to the other champs).

Chopstick wrote:
 Coenus Scaldingus wrote:

]What's wrong with that? Stub guns are cheap and highly reliable, pretty good backup weapons, no?


I wouldn't call a 4+ ammo roll weapon "highly reliable", but it's your choice to buy the worst sidearm in the game for your most expensive fighter. Even more so if I was playing the "no weapon discard" and "profile shuffle" rule and now have a deadweight of a weapon sitting on a weapon slot.

They have access to TP/BM pistols. They'll only suffer for one game if you don't want to use a stubgun (which you definitely don't, long term).

That said, if you're making a melee Champion in this version of Necromunda you were probably spawning into the campaign with a h2h weapon and a stubgun/autopistol, anyway. Expensive pistols are not worth on your starting roster, unless you're building a dual-wielding pistolier.

Furthermore, I believe by RAW you can still replace weapons. You would only be stuck with the stubgun until you picked up your third weapon, and then after that you can replace the stubgun with something from the TP.
   
Made in vn
Longtime Dakkanaut




That's not the point, the point is that they wasted time writing these new slick unit with limited weapons choice, but no matter how limited that is, they didn't forget to have a terrible weapon available as a joke, because they think they're funny.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 2020/10/26 04:57:37


 
   
Made in be
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Altruizine wrote:

Furthermore, I believe by RAW you can still replace weapons. You would only be stuck with the stubgun until you picked up your third weapon, and then after that you can replace the stubgun with something from the TP.


RAW, you can't. Fighters keep their weapons once purchased, they only can do that with wargear, which is not the same.

The thing is champions usually have the Tool of the Trade rule that allows them to have multiple cards with different weapon combinations, but they don't put an old unused weapon in the gang stash. Mind you, it's just a stubgun, but that means the credits invested in it are "lost" on that fighter in particular until he dies or is removed from the gang.


Chopstick wrote:
That's not the point, the point is that they wasted time writing these new slick unit with limited weapons choice, but no matter how limited that is, they didn't forget to have a terrible weapon available as a joke, because they think they're funny.


More like because the miniature kit has a stubgun option for the Arms Master. GW is known to write rules after the miniatures, not the opposite.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2020/10/26 07:57:29


 
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka







Chopstick wrote:
That's not the point, the point is that they wasted time writing these new slick unit with limited weapons choice, but no matter how limited that is, they didn't forget to have a terrible weapon available as a joke, because they think they're funny.


I'm curious - according to House of Iron, what are the iconic weapons for House Orlock? It could well be a case of the sculptors designing thematically, and the rules writers following those design choices, rather than anyone trying to make a joke, or be "funny".

2019 Plog - Dysartes Twitches - 2019 Output

My Twitch stream - going live at 7pm GMT Tuesday & Thursday, 12pm Sunday (work permitting).

Gamgee on Tau Players wrote:we all kill cats and sell our own families to the devil and eat live puppies.
 
   
Made in vn
Longtime Dakkanaut




 Dysartes wrote:
Chopstick wrote:
That's not the point, the point is that they wasted time writing these new slick unit with limited weapons choice, but no matter how limited that is, they didn't forget to have a terrible weapon available as a joke, because they think they're funny.


I'm curious - according to House of Iron, what are the iconic weapons for House Orlock?


Orlock signature weapon design are auto weapon make use of huge drum and box magazine, weapons have a boxy design with a distinct "hazard stripes" carved on them.

Orlock's stubgun is a generic revolver with slightly different shape and curve than generic revolver from Escher or Goliath.

The gang with Stubgun as their iconic weapon is the Enforcer, and oh boy sculptor bombarded you with those, which most probably ended up in the bits bin (or trash)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2020/10/26 09:15:08


 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





I’m not getting into Necromunda, I’m not.

But if I was. Orlocks would be it.
Both the main kit and this new one, I really like the models.
(And this second kit compared to Goliath and Escher second kits, much much better than what they both got).

   
Made in no
[DCM]
Necron of Munda





Only read a few pages and it's already clear that House of Iron got the same silly mistakes as the rest. Do not recommend!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/10/26 17:40:02


 
   
Made in ca
Dakka Veteran





Chopstick wrote:
 Dysartes wrote:
Chopstick wrote:
That's not the point, the point is that they wasted time writing these new slick unit with limited weapons choice, but no matter how limited that is, they didn't forget to have a terrible weapon available as a joke, because they think they're funny.


I'm curious - according to House of Iron, what are the iconic weapons for House Orlock?


Orlock signature weapon design are auto weapon make use of huge drum and box magazine, weapons have a boxy design with a distinct "hazard stripes" carved on them.

Orlock's stubgun is a generic revolver with slightly different shape and curve than generic revolver from Escher or Goliath.

The gang with Stubgun as their iconic weapon is the Enforcer, and oh boy sculptor bombarded you with those, which most probably ended up in the bits bin (or trash)

The original Orlock plastics and the 475 stub guns in it would beg differ.

I think it's incredibly stupid for *any* gang's signature weapon to be a stubgun, but Orlocks got that honour (in addition to the Enforcers).

There's also an OG Orlock tactic card that either gives them a stub gun or a sawed-off, and shows additional intent re: whatever their "thematic" weapons are supposed to be now.
   
Made in gb
Cultist of Nurgle with Open Sores





Uk

 Altruizine wrote:
Chopstick wrote:
 Dysartes wrote:
Chopstick wrote:
That's not the point, the point is that they wasted time writing these new slick unit with limited weapons choice, but no matter how limited that is, they didn't forget to have a terrible weapon available as a joke, because they think they're funny.


I'm curious - according to House of Iron, what are the iconic weapons for House Orlock?


Orlock signature weapon design are auto weapon make use of huge drum and box magazine, weapons have a boxy design with a distinct "hazard stripes" carved on them.

Orlock's stubgun is a generic revolver with slightly different shape and curve than generic revolver from Escher or Goliath.

The gang with Stubgun as their iconic weapon is the Enforcer, and oh boy sculptor bombarded you with those, which most probably ended up in the bits bin (or trash)

The original Orlock plastics and the 475 stub guns in it would beg differ.

I think it's incredibly stupid for *any* gang's signature weapon to be a stubgun, but Orlocks got that honour (in addition to the Enforcers).

There's also an OG Orlock tactic card that either gives them a stub gun or a sawed-off, and shows additional intent re: whatever their "thematic" weapons are supposed to be now.


I thought the Orlocks signature weapon was the combat shotgun? Being as they are the only ones with access to it, box comes with it and now have legendary names associated with it?

*witty comment regarding table top gaming* 
   
Made in ca
Dakka Veteran





Well, the Goliath were the first gang released and had a combat shotgun included...
   
Made in es
Guard Heavy Weapon Crewman




From the reviews i have seen most of what comes in the book, has anyone any idea about the new weapons restrictions for the entire gang and if there are things we get at a discount?
   
Made in no
[DCM]
Necron of Munda





The house gang composition rules are pretty universal now. They're not reinventing the wheel here, but copy-pasting the same stuff in each book. A few notable exceptions: Escher can't promote to specialist champ. Orlock specialist gangers can have heavy weapons (mainly because the specialist champ has so few weapons on the plastic sprue).
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka







Baxx wrote:
Only read a few pages and it's already clear that House of Iron got the same silly mistakes as the rest. Do not recommend!


...when was the last time you did recommend anything for Necromunda?

2019 Plog - Dysartes Twitches - 2019 Output

My Twitch stream - going live at 7pm GMT Tuesday & Thursday, 12pm Sunday (work permitting).

Gamgee on Tau Players wrote:we all kill cats and sell our own families to the devil and eat live puppies.
 
   
Made in no
[DCM]
Necron of Munda





 Dysartes wrote:

...when was the last time you did recommend anything for Necromunda?
When GW made rules that actually works. 17-25 years ago? The quality in House of Iron is abysmal.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2020/10/28 15:17:23


 
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: