Switch Theme:

Kill Team 2021 news & rumours  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




The problem I see with the sisters is that they aren’t equipped with survival gear and accessories such as backpacks and things of that nature that were heavily represented with the two initial KT forces, Kommandos and DKoK. I think it’s jarring visually, but because they are a new unit, the other visual elements distract from what isn’t present.
   
Made in si
Ravenous Beast Form







Dread Master wrote:
The problem I see with the sisters is that they aren’t equipped with survival gear and accessories such as backpacks and things of that nature that were heavily represented with the two initial KT forces, Kommandos and DKoK. I think it’s jarring visually, but because they are a new unit, the other visual elements distract from what isn’t present.


Who needs junk when you have faith

Posters on ignore list: 34

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut






 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:
 Geifer wrote:
Oh, we're getting Not!Scouts to go with out Not!Predator in our Not!Space Marines. Neat!


Don't forget the Not!Chaplain, Not!Lieutenant, Not!Bladeguard Vets, Not!Terminators...


Marines have so many units thanks to years of codices, supplements, and a second primaris range overlapped on top that it is easy to find a comparable unit to practically anything if one is so inclined. If Seraphim came out these days, they would be mocked as "Not!Assault Marines" while Retributors would be "Not!Devastators"
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Gathering the Informations.

Dread Master wrote:
The problem I see with the sisters is that they aren’t equipped with survival gear and accessories such as backpacks and things of that nature that were heavily represented with the two initial KT forces, Kommandos and DKoK. I think it’s jarring visually, but because they are a new unit, the other visual elements distract from what isn’t present.

That would have more of a point if one of the Kill Team "archetypes" were not literally called 'Security"...

It makes 100% sense that some of these KTs aren't going to be outfitted as though they're going out in the bush for months at a time(which, btw, looks to be standard for the DKoK's backpacks) given that.
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




I wasn’t as precise in my observation as I could have been. It is less that I have a problem with the novitiates not having survival gear as much as the absence of gear sets them apart in a way that isn’t obvious at first glance, and I have noticed some here and some on other boards saying they couldn’t quite put their finger on what was off putting about them. When I gave it some thought, I found that was what it was for me, and I am conjecturing that it may be for others as well.
   
Made in de
Powerful Ushbati






 Mr Morden wrote:
New Sisters - nice ( although we do now have the first world problem of Marine style constant releases! So new unit straight after Codex....)


That's more of a recent but general development than something specific to Marines. And one particular first world problem I'll gladly accept the beneficial half of. But it's really just GW exploiting something they can exploit when there's no inherent need to do things this way and still release the same models at similar times.

But yeah, I'd rather have that than not get new models. I've done that for a decade and a half. It got old.

 lord_blackfang wrote:
Dread Master wrote:
The problem I see with the sisters is that they aren’t equipped with survival gear and accessories such as backpacks and things of that nature that were heavily represented with the two initial KT forces, Kommandos and DKoK. I think it’s jarring visually, but because they are a new unit, the other visual elements distract from what isn’t present.


Who needs junk when you have faith


Eh. 40k has armor of faith. Fallout has armor of junk. I know which one has been consistently more useful to me.

But on the actual point, I don't see Sisters, as in the main body of the organization, as a covert ops force in any meaningful way. So I'm not tied to any particular look for them because neither modern tacticool nor classic commando look go with the general appearance of the army. Interestingly enough Novitiates not having backpacks of any kind by default and featuring a generally plain appearance should make it easy to add such things if you are so inclined and have suitable bits.

 MajorWesJanson wrote:
 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:
 Geifer wrote:
Oh, we're getting Not!Scouts to go with out Not!Predator in our Not!Space Marines. Neat!


Don't forget the Not!Chaplain, Not!Lieutenant, Not!Bladeguard Vets, Not!Terminators...


Marines have so many units thanks to years of codices, supplements, and a second primaris range overlapped on top that it is easy to find a comparable unit to practically anything if one is so inclined. If Seraphim came out these days, they would be mocked as "Not!Assault Marines" while Retributors would be "Not!Devastators"


Yeah, one of my bigger issues with the expansion of Marines in recent times has been that they often enough stole the identities of units from other armies (and... occasionally... ended up fulfilling those roles better) and in the process lost a lot of their own identity. Which I think is a shame, if an understandable move by GW.

I don't mind the expansion of Sisters in a similar manner because it happens to all armies eventually and they are 15 years behind everyone else, so they were bound to get more stuff but aren't necessarily bloated yet. I just wish GW simply released the handful of existing old units they omitted in the transition to plastic, be it Death Cult Assassins to get them out of resin and into plastic, or entirely new Frateris Militia so we can have a proper good angry mob, before delving into adventurous new models like those new mech suits. Not even because I'd rather see those units than the mech suits, which I do, but because it feels silly to get a near complete plastic update but then have those one or two units that they just refuse to update. I found that irritating with Flayed Ones for many years, Tyranids aren't much different in this, and now Sisters are in the same situation. Like there's this inexplicable and irrational need on GW's part to always stop short of finishing something. Oh yeah, plastic Techmarine says hi.

Nehekhara lives! Sort of! 
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Gathering the Informations.

Dread Master wrote:
I wasn’t as precise in my observation as I could have been. It is less that I have a problem with the novitiates not having survival gear as much as the absence of gear sets them apart in a way that isn’t obvious at first glance, and I have noticed some here and some on other boards saying they couldn’t quite put their finger on what was off putting about them. When I gave it some thought, I found that was what it was for me, and I am conjecturing that it may be for others as well.

One of the other things to take into consideration?

The DKoK have an additional sprue that was entirely separate to what the boxed set was likely intended to have. The bits with the flare gun, the "bruiser", the demo-charges, the Zealot, and the medic with the apothecary styled 'bonesaw arm' plus the syringe bag and everything?

That's all here:
Spoiler:


The Kommandos, on the opposite end of the spectrum, are literally just all one interconnected kit. There's connection points for the runners on all elements of the sprues. DKoK only have the 'basic squad' on an interconnected sprue.

Who knows how these Novitiates are going to be set up for KT or 40k?
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




Schmapdi wrote:
Very disappointed with the Sisters - do not like the headgear on any of them at all - and agree they look more at home in Fantasy than 40k. Is a bummer because I was hoping they'd come out with a small mixed box of Sisters at some point that I could have picked up for fun.


I will second this. The sisters looks straight out of AOS they don't belong in the 40k world. Hard pass on my end as well. Pathfinders don't sweeten the deal. I was lucky to get two sets of the first KT terrain so that isn't needed either.

   
Made in vn
Longtime Dakkanaut




The Tau got their new water pistol to faceoff against sister.
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




Chopstick wrote:
The Tau got their new water pistol to faceoff against sister.
arguably all they need to face off against 16th century clergy women.
   
Made in au
Grizzled Space Wolves Great Wolf





Dread Master wrote:
The problem I see with the sisters is that they aren’t equipped with survival gear and accessories such as backpacks and things of that nature that were heavily represented with the two initial KT forces, Kommandos and DKoK. I think it’s jarring visually, but because they are a new unit, the other visual elements distract from what isn’t present.


I would say if you're disappointed in that, prepare to be disappointed a lot, as I think it was more of a coincidence that those were the factions chosen for the initial release than a specific design brief for KT.

The DKoK in the KT box are no more survivalist equipped than any other DKoK models, and Kommandos have always been that way also, I'm not expecting it to be a trend we see throughout the Kill Team releases.
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




Germany

Chopstick wrote:
The Tau got their new water pistol to faceoff against sister.


With how the Sisters are equipped, they would arguably need just a bow and arrow, or a well-thrown rock to take them out.

"Tabletop games are the only setting when a body is made more horrifying for NOT being chopped into smaller pieces."
- Jiado 
   
Made in ca
Dakka Veteran





angel of death 007 wrote:
Chopstick wrote:
The Tau got their new water pistol to faceoff against sister.
arguably all they need to face off against 16th century clergy women.


And they are still gonna get their butt kicked in hand-to-hand. A Pythonesque anime about advanced aliens attacking medieval teenage girls and running back to their home world scarred for life.
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




AllSeeingSkink wrote:
Dread Master wrote:
The problem I see with the sisters is that they aren’t equipped with survival gear and accessories such as backpacks and things of that nature that were heavily represented with the two initial KT forces, Kommandos and DKoK. I think it’s jarring visually, but because they are a new unit, the other visual elements distract from what isn’t present.


I would say if you're disappointed in that, prepare to be disappointed a lot, as I think it was more of a coincidence that those were the factions chosen for the initial release than a specific design brief for KT.

The DKoK in the KT box are no more survivalist equipped than any other DKoK models, and Kommandos have always been that way also, I'm not expecting it to be a trend we see throughout the Kill Team releases.


Read the post I followed that up with. I never expressed disappointment. I was giving voice to what I thought may have been what people were finding off putting about the sisters. I actually like the models.
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





Oh, it’s the scenery from the original box.
I sold all mine for really good money years later.
That archway in fact was over £25 as it was hard to come by.
I guess those prices will drop again, good I shifted when I did then.

I like the sisters, and to be fair the tau do look different and cool
   
Made in au
Grizzled Space Wolves Great Wolf





Dread Master wrote:
AllSeeingSkink wrote:
Dread Master wrote:
The problem I see with the sisters is that they aren’t equipped with survival gear and accessories such as backpacks and things of that nature that were heavily represented with the two initial KT forces, Kommandos and DKoK. I think it’s jarring visually, but because they are a new unit, the other visual elements distract from what isn’t present.


I would say if you're disappointed in that, prepare to be disappointed a lot, as I think it was more of a coincidence that those were the factions chosen for the initial release than a specific design brief for KT.

The DKoK in the KT box are no more survivalist equipped than any other DKoK models, and Kommandos have always been that way also, I'm not expecting it to be a trend we see throughout the Kill Team releases.


Read the post I followed that up with. I never expressed disappointment. I was giving voice to what I thought may have been what people were finding off putting about the sisters. I actually like the models.


I think what people have said has put them off is simply they look too much like Fantasy models instead of Sci-Fi models. The nun style veil and leather looking chest piece (shirt?) and leggings. The crossbow and not many gun type weapons all give them that Fantasy type vibe.
   
Made in us
Painting Within the Lines





Tangentville, New Jersey

The Sisters look less like an infiltrating commando unit and more like inexperienced Sororitas-in-training who are repelling a surprise Tau panty-raid.

It really looks like they were minding their own business of prayer and training when suddenly the party was crashed by some Pathfinders. It would explain the limited arms and lack of tacti-cool gear.


 
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




Germany

 KidCthulhu wrote:
The Sisters look less like an infiltrating commando unit and more like inexperienced Sororitas-in-training who are repelling a surprise Tau panty-raid.

It really looks like they were minding their own business of prayer and training when suddenly the party was crashed by some Pathfinders. It would explain the limited arms and lack of tacti-cool gear.


This makes no sense, who wears skinny jeans to prayer? Smh.

"Tabletop games are the only setting when a body is made more horrifying for NOT being chopped into smaller pieces."
- Jiado 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





 KidCthulhu wrote:
The Sisters look less like an infiltrating commando unit and more like inexperienced Sororitas-in-training who are repelling a surprise Tau panty-raid.

It really looks like they were minding their own business of prayer and training when suddenly the party was crashed by some Pathfinders. It would explain the limited arms and lack of tacti-cool gear.


There's not a ton of 'tacti-cool' gear in any of the Sisters of Battle models. They bring bolters, chainswords, and lots of purity seals. Getting snipers, auspexes, and other things just doesn't feel very 'sisters-y' at all.

Honestly, the kit feels like an opportunity to spruce up other sister's kits and give people more options. Those arms, as I've said before, are likely easily swappable between other sisters of battle units.
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




Germany

drbored wrote:
 KidCthulhu wrote:
The Sisters look less like an infiltrating commando unit and more like inexperienced Sororitas-in-training who are repelling a surprise Tau panty-raid.

It really looks like they were minding their own business of prayer and training when suddenly the party was crashed by some Pathfinders. It would explain the limited arms and lack of tacti-cool gear.


There's not a ton of 'tacti-cool' gear in any of the Sisters of Battle models. They bring bolters, chainswords, and lots of purity seals.



And this kit seemingly comes with 0 Bolters, 1 Chainsword and 2 Purity Seals. The fact they're painted very much unlike Sisters for the most part, and don't wear the helmets associated with them doesn't help.

"Tabletop games are the only setting when a body is made more horrifying for NOT being chopped into smaller pieces."
- Jiado 
   
Made in ca
Regular Dakkanaut



Canada

Just like the DKoK, a different paint scheme would help. The brown robes and jeans ain't working. Other than that they seem fine.

and after they've finished beating up the Tau they can get back to their prayer

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2021/09/18 23:59:00


Old World Prediction: The Empire will have Clockwork Paragon Warsuits 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:
drbored wrote:
 KidCthulhu wrote:
The Sisters look less like an infiltrating commando unit and more like inexperienced Sororitas-in-training who are repelling a surprise Tau panty-raid.

It really looks like they were minding their own business of prayer and training when suddenly the party was crashed by some Pathfinders. It would explain the limited arms and lack of tacti-cool gear.


There's not a ton of 'tacti-cool' gear in any of the Sisters of Battle models. They bring bolters, chainswords, and lots of purity seals.



And this kit seemingly comes with 0 Bolters, 1 Chainsword and 2 Purity Seals. The fact they're painted very much unlike Sisters for the most part, and don't wear the helmets associated with them doesn't help.


We also haven't seen the entire kit. The main 'novitiate' unit for 40k is likely autopistols and combat blades, and all the bits they're showing off are the ones designed more for Kill Team, to show a group of ladies in various phases of their specialized training.

Either way, your point doesn't bother me.
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




Germany

drbored wrote:
 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:
drbored wrote:
 KidCthulhu wrote:
The Sisters look less like an infiltrating commando unit and more like inexperienced Sororitas-in-training who are repelling a surprise Tau panty-raid.

It really looks like they were minding their own business of prayer and training when suddenly the party was crashed by some Pathfinders. It would explain the limited arms and lack of tacti-cool gear.


There's not a ton of 'tacti-cool' gear in any of the Sisters of Battle models. They bring bolters, chainswords, and lots of purity seals.



And this kit seemingly comes with 0 Bolters, 1 Chainsword and 2 Purity Seals. The fact they're painted very much unlike Sisters for the most part, and don't wear the helmets associated with them doesn't help.


We also haven't seen the entire kit. The main 'novitiate' unit for 40k is likely autopistols and combat blades, and all the bits they're showing off are the ones designed more for Kill Team, to show a group of ladies in various phases of their specialized training.

Either way, your point doesn't bother me.


I'm not sure what's the logic behind Sisters of Battle fielding squads of recruits equipped worse than Cultists would be, since one assumes they'd want some to survive the recruitment.

"Tabletop games are the only setting when a body is made more horrifying for NOT being chopped into smaller pieces."
- Jiado 
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Gathering the Informations.

drbored wrote:

We also haven't seen the entire kit. The main 'novitiate' unit for 40k is likely autopistols and combat blades, and all the bits they're showing off are the ones designed more for Kill Team, to show a group of ladies in various phases of their specialized training.

There's at least one shown with an Autogun in the video. I'm thinking that is more likely the 'default' option.
   
Made in es
Grim Dark Angels Interrogator-Chaplain




Vigo. Spain.

 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:
drbored wrote:
 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:
drbored wrote:
 KidCthulhu wrote:
The Sisters look less like an infiltrating commando unit and more like inexperienced Sororitas-in-training who are repelling a surprise Tau panty-raid.

It really looks like they were minding their own business of prayer and training when suddenly the party was crashed by some Pathfinders. It would explain the limited arms and lack of tacti-cool gear.


There's not a ton of 'tacti-cool' gear in any of the Sisters of Battle models. They bring bolters, chainswords, and lots of purity seals.



And this kit seemingly comes with 0 Bolters, 1 Chainsword and 2 Purity Seals. The fact they're painted very much unlike Sisters for the most part, and don't wear the helmets associated with them doesn't help.


We also haven't seen the entire kit. The main 'novitiate' unit for 40k is likely autopistols and combat blades, and all the bits they're showing off are the ones designed more for Kill Team, to show a group of ladies in various phases of their specialized training.

Either way, your point doesn't bother me.


I'm not sure what's the logic behind Sisters of Battle fielding squads of recruits equipped worse than Cultists would be, since one assumes they'd want some to survive the recruitment.


Space Marines and specially black templars have been doing it since forever and one space marine recruit is more logistically expensive than a sisters of battle neophite.

 Crimson Devil wrote:

Dakka does have White Knights and is also rather infamous for it's Black Knights. A new edition brings out the passionate and not all of them are good at expressing themselves in written form. There have been plenty of hysterical responses from both sides so far. So we descend into pointless bickering with neither side listening to each other. So posting here becomes more masturbation than conversation.

ERJAK wrote:
Forcing a 40k player to keep playing 7th is basically a hate crime.

 
   
Made in us
Confessor Of Sins




Tacoma, WA, USA

 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:
Spoiler:
drbored wrote:
 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:
drbored wrote:
 KidCthulhu wrote:
The Sisters look less like an infiltrating commando unit and more like inexperienced Sororitas-in-training who are repelling a surprise Tau panty-raid.

It really looks like they were minding their own business of prayer and training when suddenly the party was crashed by some Pathfinders. It would explain the limited arms and lack of tacti-cool gear.


There's not a ton of 'tacti-cool' gear in any of the Sisters of Battle models. They bring bolters, chainswords, and lots of purity seals.



And this kit seemingly comes with 0 Bolters, 1 Chainsword and 2 Purity Seals. The fact they're painted very much unlike Sisters for the most part, and don't wear the helmets associated with them doesn't help.


We also haven't seen the entire kit. The main 'novitiate' unit for 40k is likely autopistols and combat blades, and all the bits they're showing off are the ones designed more for Kill Team, to show a group of ladies in various phases of their specialized training.

Either way, your point doesn't bother me.


I'm not sure what's the logic behind Sisters of Battle fielding squads of recruits equipped worse than Cultists would be, since one assumes they'd want some to survive the recruitment.
Once you take away the Holy Trinity, you are down to standard weapons for these unproven Sisters. Need to earn your power armor and bolter.

It is also likely that fielding Novitiates isn't standard battle tactics. These Sister have been pressed into service before their training has been completed. You go to war with the resources you have, not the resources you need.
   
Made in us
Veteran Knight Baron in a Crusader





 alextroy wrote:
 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:
Spoiler:
drbored wrote:
 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:
drbored wrote:
 KidCthulhu wrote:
The Sisters look less like an infiltrating commando unit and more like inexperienced Sororitas-in-training who are repelling a surprise Tau panty-raid.

It really looks like they were minding their own business of prayer and training when suddenly the party was crashed by some Pathfinders. It would explain the limited arms and lack of tacti-cool gear.


There's not a ton of 'tacti-cool' gear in any of the Sisters of Battle models. They bring bolters, chainswords, and lots of purity seals.



And this kit seemingly comes with 0 Bolters, 1 Chainsword and 2 Purity Seals. The fact they're painted very much unlike Sisters for the most part, and don't wear the helmets associated with them doesn't help.


We also haven't seen the entire kit. The main 'novitiate' unit for 40k is likely autopistols and combat blades, and all the bits they're showing off are the ones designed more for Kill Team, to show a group of ladies in various phases of their specialized training.

Either way, your point doesn't bother me.


I'm not sure what's the logic behind Sisters of Battle fielding squads of recruits equipped worse than Cultists would be, since one assumes they'd want some to survive the recruitment.
Once you take away the Holy Trinity, you are down to standard weapons for these unproven Sisters. Need to earn your power armor and bolter.

It is also likely that fielding Novitiates isn't standard battle tactics. These Sister have been pressed into service before their training has been completed. You go to war with the resources you have, not the resources you need.


Which is great.
"Hey which Kill Team faction do you want to play: The veteran guardsmen? The expertly trained Tau pathfinders? The fearsome Ork Kommandos? Or... the church soldiers who didn't finish bootcamp?"

GW's really selling me on the faction as not being NPCs...
   
Made in ca
Regular Dakkanaut



Canada

Rihgu wrote:
 alextroy wrote:
 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:
Spoiler:
drbored wrote:
 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:
drbored wrote:
 KidCthulhu wrote:
The Sisters look less like an infiltrating commando unit and more like inexperienced Sororitas-in-training who are repelling a surprise Tau panty-raid.

It really looks like they were minding their own business of prayer and training when suddenly the party was crashed by some Pathfinders. It would explain the limited arms and lack of tacti-cool gear.


There's not a ton of 'tacti-cool' gear in any of the Sisters of Battle models. They bring bolters, chainswords, and lots of purity seals.



And this kit seemingly comes with 0 Bolters, 1 Chainsword and 2 Purity Seals. The fact they're painted very much unlike Sisters for the most part, and don't wear the helmets associated with them doesn't help.


We also haven't seen the entire kit. The main 'novitiate' unit for 40k is likely autopistols and combat blades, and all the bits they're showing off are the ones designed more for Kill Team, to show a group of ladies in various phases of their specialized training.

Either way, your point doesn't bother me.


I'm not sure what's the logic behind Sisters of Battle fielding squads of recruits equipped worse than Cultists would be, since one assumes they'd want some to survive the recruitment.
Once you take away the Holy Trinity, you are down to standard weapons for these unproven Sisters. Need to earn your power armor and bolter.

It is also likely that fielding Novitiates isn't standard battle tactics. These Sister have been pressed into service before their training has been completed. You go to war with the resources you have, not the resources you need.


Which is great.
"Hey which Kill Team faction do you want to play: The veteran guardsmen? The expertly trained Tau pathfinders? The fearsome Ork Kommandos? Or... the church soldiers who didn't finish bootcamp?"

GW's really selling me on the faction as not being NPCs...


You could always kitbash The Avengers if church initiates aren't your flavour, or use the armoured SoB models that already exist.

Tau are the real NPCs here...

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2021/09/19 05:43:38


Old World Prediction: The Empire will have Clockwork Paragon Warsuits 
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Gathering the Informations.

Rihgu wrote:

Which is great.
"Hey which Kill Team faction do you want to play: The veteran guardsmen? The expertly trained Tau pathfinders? The fearsome Ork Kommandos? Or... the church soldiers who didn't finish bootcamp?"

GW's really selling me on the faction as not being NPCs...

It's worth mentioning that by the time you would get to the Novitiate stage of selection and the Training Convents of the Adepta Sororitas...you would have already gone through the Schola Progenium and gone all the way through the training that lays the foundation for the Scions.

With that knowledge in mind?

These aren't "newbies". They're highly motivated and highly trained killers who were singled out for their faith in addition to their military skills.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Rihgu wrote:
 alextroy wrote:
 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:
Spoiler:
drbored wrote:
 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:
drbored wrote:
 KidCthulhu wrote:
The Sisters look less like an infiltrating commando unit and more like inexperienced Sororitas-in-training who are repelling a surprise Tau panty-raid.

It really looks like they were minding their own business of prayer and training when suddenly the party was crashed by some Pathfinders. It would explain the limited arms and lack of tacti-cool gear.


There's not a ton of 'tacti-cool' gear in any of the Sisters of Battle models. They bring bolters, chainswords, and lots of purity seals.



And this kit seemingly comes with 0 Bolters, 1 Chainsword and 2 Purity Seals. The fact they're painted very much unlike Sisters for the most part, and don't wear the helmets associated with them doesn't help.


We also haven't seen the entire kit. The main 'novitiate' unit for 40k is likely autopistols and combat blades, and all the bits they're showing off are the ones designed more for Kill Team, to show a group of ladies in various phases of their specialized training.

Either way, your point doesn't bother me.


I'm not sure what's the logic behind Sisters of Battle fielding squads of recruits equipped worse than Cultists would be, since one assumes they'd want some to survive the recruitment.
Once you take away the Holy Trinity, you are down to standard weapons for these unproven Sisters. Need to earn your power armor and bolter.

It is also likely that fielding Novitiates isn't standard battle tactics. These Sister have been pressed into service before their training has been completed. You go to war with the resources you have, not the resources you need.


Which is great.
"Hey which Kill Team faction do you want to play: The veteran guardsmen? The expertly trained Tau pathfinders? The fearsome Ork Kommandos? Or... the church soldiers who didn't finish bootcamp?"

GW's really selling me on the faction as not being NPCs...


lmao. I have a funny feeling that any of those sisters could still give an Ork Kommando, veteran guardsman, or Tau Pathfinder a run for their money. They are 'relatively' novice, is my thinking. In other words, they've gotten a lot of training out of whatever Schola that they went to and now it's time for them to get real battlefield experience. Well, in the 41st millenium, you can't really throw your novices at an 'easy' battle. You send them in and if they survive 13 minutes they're likely to survive for a good long career.

It'll make it that much more hilarious when these Novitiates DO come out on top against your veteran tau pathfinders.
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: