Switch Theme:

Black Library News & Rumour thread: HH POD now available -- 2 weeks only  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




 Irbis wrote:

His head is clownishly big, 4 heads to body is proportions of 3 year old. I thought they can't top Kidbaddon, but they just did

I really hope he comes with a helmet. Pretty please?

Sister is nice, but it's the pose you can build from box already, and why she replaced half of her armour with gimp suit?


My god who sculped Valerian?! This is just horrible. I hope there is a helmet option....

Aleya looks fine.

Edit: also his misericordia hangs by his freaking knee....the hell is this?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/11/10 20:44:17


 
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




*Brian Blessed Voice*

Kage is Alive?!?!
   
Made in gb
Frightening Flamer of Tzeentch






did they happen to mention if they are resin or plastic?

 
   
Made in gb
Wight Lord with the Sword of Kings






UK

 Nicky J wrote:
did they happen to mention if they are resin or plastic?

They confirmed they are plastic

I AM A MARINE PLAYER

"Unimaginably ancient xenos artefact somewhere on the planet, hive fleet poised above our heads, hidden 'stealer broods making an early start....and now a bloody Chaos cult crawling out of the woodwork just in case we were bored. Welcome to my world, Ciaphas."
Inquisitor Amberley Vail, Ordo Xenos

"I will admit that some Primachs like Russ or Horus could have a chance against an unarmed 12 year old novice but, a full Battle Sister??!! One to one? In close combat? Perhaps three Primarchs fighting together... but just one Primarch?" da001

www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/528517.page

A Bloody Road - my Warhammer Fantasy Fiction 
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Nicky J wrote:
did they happen to mention if they are resin or plastic?

With 95% certainty plastic. Forge World """quality""" sculpting would never manage to do that thin laurels, sword, cape, pteruges, or even base, 10 year old plastic techniques are somehow too hard for them

That, and it's GW painting style, with real, bright and shiny gold look, not the dirty, fluff-breaking, tarnished brass look FW smears their custodes with to make them as ugly as possible, again pointing to plastics...
   
Made in nl
[MOD]
Jolly bringer of death and suspensions






Cozy cockpit of an Imperial Knight

Cataphract wrote:
*Brian Blessed Voice*

Kage is Alive?!?!
My thoughts as well.

Be ash and cinder forevermore!

V - 11 | T - 3 | 敗 - 40

DakkaDakka | Where you thank the mods for baning you! 
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

I like the Sister. The Custodes is awful. Who thought the giant head was a good idea?

How do you purchase these (when they come out, that is)?

 Irbis wrote:
Sister is nice, but it's the pose you can build from box already, and why she replaced half of her armour with gimp suit?
You can't do that exact post.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2019/11/10 22:40:36


   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka




UK

 H.B.M.C. wrote:
I like the Sister. The Custodes is awful. Who thought the giant head was a good idea?

How do you purchase these (when they come out, that is)?




If I recall right they come out online, in shops and at the Black Library event next year. I think it happens in February sometime. Basically I think they are a few days deal to get hold of, but as they are sold through the GW store you can pick them up without having to attend the event itself.

A Blog in Miniature - now featuring reviews of many new Black Library books (latest Novellas) 
   
Made in jp
Longtime Dakkanaut





The problem is the hair. In a bored moment I did some measurements and everything except the hair is exactly in scale with the previous warden kit. The width of the head is exactly the same, and the distance from eye to chin is the same. It's just the distance from the hairline to the top of the head that is different.
The hair makes the mini 6 heads tall whereas the bare headed warden is 7 heads tall.

In other news the aos novel Lady of Sorrows is by Clint Werner not Josh Reynolds.
   
Made in gb
Aspirant Tech-Adept




UK

 Overread wrote:
 H.B.M.C. wrote:
I like the Sister. The Custodes is awful. Who thought the giant head was a good idea?

How do you purchase these (when they come out, that is)?




If I recall right they come out online, in shops and at the Black Library event next year. I think it happens in February sometime. Basically I think they are a few days deal to get hold of, but as they are sold through the GW store you can pick them up without having to attend the event itself.


The Black Library models hang around longer. They usually sell out early on, but then get remade and stay in stock. Last time I checked (not long ago) you could still get Eisenhorn and Severina Raine.

Imperial Soup
2200pts/1750 painted
2800pts/1200 painted
2200pts/650 painted
217pts/151 painted 
   
Made in gb
Lit By the Flames of Prospero





Bodt

Looks like draco malfoy

Heresy World Eaters/Night Lords Genestealer cults.

Instagram: nagrakali_love_songs 
   
Made in ca
Courageous Space Marine Captain





phillv85 wrote:
 Overread wrote:
 H.B.M.C. wrote:
I like the Sister. The Custodes is awful. Who thought the giant head was a good idea?

How do you purchase these (when they come out, that is)?




If I recall right they come out online, in shops and at the Black Library event next year. I think it happens in February sometime. Basically I think they are a few days deal to get hold of, but as they are sold through the GW store you can pick them up without having to attend the event itself.


The Black Library models hang around longer. They usually sell out early on, but then get remade and stay in stock. Last time I checked (not long ago) you could still get Eisenhorn and Severina Raine.


I was looking at the IG HQ section literally an hour ago and Raine is still there.

Ultimately the power of an Inquisitor extends as far as he can make it extend 
   
Made in vn
Longtime Dakkanaut




Look dull compared to Marbo, Raine, and Gotrek, Without the base or the hair it'll be hard to spot them on the table.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2019/11/11 09:41:30


 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut




I like the SoS model, though I’m not sure on why the breastplate is black compared to the rest of the armour. Can just paint it differently, so no worries…

As for the Custodes model… It just looks fat and bloated to me in various parts of the model. Maybe it’s just the angle, but it looks like he has a massive head and a pot belly. Didn’t notice the stupidly placed dagger at first glance either, and as for the laurels…. Why?

Maybe all this needs is a head swap from the Custodes Guard box or something, along with not attaching it the laurels, and we’re good to go.
   
Made in gb
[MOD]
Et In Arcadia Ego





Canterbury





The poor man really has a stake in the country. The rich man hasn't; he can go away to New Guinea in a yacht. The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all
We love our superheroes because they refuse to give up on us. We can analyze them out of existence, kill them, ban them, mock them, and still they return, patiently reminding us of who we are and what we wish we could be.
the stark reality is that Harry would have simply killed and eaten each and every one of the Hendersons.
 
   
Made in gb
Multispectral Hsien





Gosport, UK

Kdash wrote:
I like the SoS model, though I’m not sure on why the breastplate is black compared to the rest of the armour. Can just paint it differently, so no worries…

As for the Custodes model… It just looks fat and bloated to me in various parts of the model. Maybe it’s just the angle, but it looks like he has a massive head and a pot belly. Didn’t notice the stupidly placed dagger at first glance either, and as for the laurels…. Why?

Maybe all this needs is a head swap from the Custodes Guard box or something, along with not attaching it the laurels, and we’re good to go.


At that point you can just build him from the Custodes box anyway.
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka




UK

I don't suppose anyone attended the BL event and heard anything about future Gotrek and Felix publications coming up? I know that Trollslayer is coming back soon for another reprint in hardback (though beyond the cover and story do we know if it contains anything else within it?).

However with the 4th omnibus now released are there any plans we are aware of for a 5th combining the End Times stories? Or even future ones beyond that which might add up some of the stand alone stories that they've got.

A Blog in Miniature - now featuring reviews of many new Black Library books (latest Novellas) 
   
Made in nl
Stone Bonkers Fabricator General




We'll find out soon enough eh.

 Overread wrote:
I don't suppose anyone attended the BL event and heard anything about future Gotrek and Felix publications coming up? I know that Trollslayer is coming back soon for another reprint in hardback (though beyond the cover and story do we know if it contains anything else within it?).

However with the 4th omnibus now released are there any plans we are aware of for a 5th combining the End Times stories? Or even future ones beyond that which might add up some of the stand alone stories that they've got.


I don't know if you've read them or not, but if you've not I'll say that you're not missing much.

The "kinda Mordheim" one was terrible. I've not read Road of Skulls but people who's opinion on fiction I trust have said it's also garbo(same author as the previous...). The End Times stories are A; set in the End Times and B; contain some stuff that I thought was just...awful guff.

Serpent Queen is the only one of the remaining non-omnibused books that was worth reading IMO, and even then it's only on par with the lesser Long novels.

I need to acquire plastic Skavenslaves, can you help?
I have a blog now, evidently. Featuring the Alternative Mordheim Model Megalist.

"Your society's broken, so who should we blame? Should we blame the rich, powerful people who caused it? No, lets blame the people with no power and no money and those immigrants who don't even have the vote. Yea, it must be their fething fault." - Iain M Banks
-----
"The language of modern British politics is meant to sound benign. But words do not mean what they seem to mean. 'Reform' actually means 'cut' or 'end'. 'Flexibility' really means 'exploit'. 'Prudence' really means 'don't invest'. And 'efficient'? That means whatever you want it to mean, usually 'cut'. All really mean 'keep wages low for the masses, taxes low for the rich, profits high for the corporations, and accept the decline in public services and amenities this will cause'." - Robin McAlpine from Common Weal 
   
Made in gb
[MOD]
Et In Arcadia Ego





Canterbury

https://www.trackofwords.com/2019/11/13/the-black-library-weekender-2019-roundup/#more-12724

excellent -- as usual -- write up of the weekender, useful info about maps etc etc too.

The poor man really has a stake in the country. The rich man hasn't; he can go away to New Guinea in a yacht. The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all
We love our superheroes because they refuse to give up on us. We can analyze them out of existence, kill them, ban them, mock them, and still they return, patiently reminding us of who we are and what we wish we could be.
the stark reality is that Harry would have simply killed and eaten each and every one of the Hendersons.
 
   
Made in gb
Steadfast Ultramarine Sergeant





Looky Likey

So they do the right thing with the SoT book but muck up with the map and allow scalpers to buy up to five maps when only fifty available at the weekender. Honestly seems intentional now as a lot of the limited editions do not sell out.

I like that BL are branching into more different labels for books as it should help give the books a different story telling framework to operate in.
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka




UK

Just got an email to confirm that my Reprints of Inferno are in the post and on their way! Which is blazingly fast compared to the last two times that GW has done this.

A Blog in Miniature - now featuring reviews of many new Black Library books (latest Novellas) 
   
Made in nl
[MOD]
Jolly bringer of death and suspensions






Cozy cockpit of an Imperial Knight

Does anybody know the retail price of the Sabbat's Crusade book by any chance?

And nice re: Inferno! reprint. Nothing on my end yet, but hopefully soon, would be nice to have these in hand before 2020.

Be ash and cinder forevermore!

V - 11 | T - 3 | 敗 - 40

DakkaDakka | Where you thank the mods for baning you! 
   
Made in gb
Multispectral Hsien





Gosport, UK

 BrookM wrote:
Does anybody know the retail price of the Sabbat's Crusade book by any chance?

And nice re: Inferno! reprint. Nothing on my end yet, but hopefully soon, would be nice to have these in hand before 2020.


£40, apparently.
Edit: from the Track of Words write up above.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/11/14 17:00:38


 
   
Made in gb
Stone Bonkers Fabricator General




We'll find out soon enough eh.

Do we know when plebs can expect to be able to order the book & map?

I need to acquire plastic Skavenslaves, can you help?
I have a blog now, evidently. Featuring the Alternative Mordheim Model Megalist.

"Your society's broken, so who should we blame? Should we blame the rich, powerful people who caused it? No, lets blame the people with no power and no money and those immigrants who don't even have the vote. Yea, it must be their fething fault." - Iain M Banks
-----
"The language of modern British politics is meant to sound benign. But words do not mean what they seem to mean. 'Reform' actually means 'cut' or 'end'. 'Flexibility' really means 'exploit'. 'Prudence' really means 'don't invest'. And 'efficient'? That means whatever you want it to mean, usually 'cut'. All really mean 'keep wages low for the masses, taxes low for the rich, profits high for the corporations, and accept the decline in public services and amenities this will cause'." - Robin McAlpine from Common Weal 
   
Made in gb
Aspirant Tech-Adept




UK

 Yodhrin wrote:
Do we know when plebs can expect to be able to order the book & map?


"Some time in December" according to the Black Library Weekender write up posted above. That's the most only thing I've seen on it so far.

Imperial Soup
2200pts/1750 painted
2800pts/1200 painted
2200pts/650 painted
217pts/151 painted 
   
Made in gb
Brain-Dead Zombie of Nurgle




Staffordshire

Grr. Logged in to the GW site at 9:45 and refreshed every 30 seconds from 9:56 to 10:00 when preorders went live for The First Wall. Added to basket, checkout, logged in to PayPal and it just hung when returning from the PayPal site. 35 minutes of "down for maintenance" messages and suddenly pops back up no "no longer available online"... Looks like I'm out of the Limited Edition game for the rest of the series then. Good luck to all the scalpers already flogging it on eBay.
   
Made in dk
Battle-tested Knight Castellan Pilot





Copenhagen

 Dimrill wrote:
Grr. Logged in to the GW site at 9:45 and refreshed every 30 seconds from 9:56 to 10:00 when preorders went live for The First Wall. Added to basket, checkout, logged in to PayPal and it just hung when returning from the PayPal site. 35 minutes of "down for maintenance" messages and suddenly pops back up no "no longer available online"... Looks like I'm out of the Limited Edition game for the rest of the series then. Good luck to all the scalpers already flogging it on eBay.


Same for me. Disappointing to say the very darn least! I actually ended up sending them an email, stating my disappointment. Not that I expect it to accomplish anything, but I felt a need to communicate the way I felt about this hideous release method... I'm out of the race as well.

Back on the path of the Imperial Citizen

Still rolling ones...

Krieg: More wins than Losses. 
   
Made in gb
Steadfast Ultramarine Sergeant





Looky Likey

There were still copy's available at 10:10 (as I forgot) as I put my order through, normally sells out quicker than that. I put my order in the the limited edition of Mark of Faith afterwards and that payment hang, had to retry three times before it went through properly.

If you can prove it mucked up they might sell you a copy of you complain enough as they keep some back for orders lost in the post or misprints.
   
Made in dk
Battle-tested Knight Castellan Pilot





Copenhagen

 Looky Likey wrote:
There were still copy's available at 10:10 (as I forgot) as I put my order through, normally sells out quicker than that. I put my order in the the limited edition of Mark of Faith afterwards and that payment hang, had to retry three times before it went through properly.

If you can prove it mucked up they might sell you a copy of you complain enough as they keep some back for orders lost in the post or misprints.


It actually died three times for me, had it in my cart thrice! :-(
I have screenshots of everything and sent them along with my email. But as said, I expect nothing to come of it. :-/

Back on the path of the Imperial Citizen

Still rolling ones...

Krieg: More wins than Losses. 
   
Made in gb
Ruthless Interrogator





The hills above Belfast

I was lucky enough to get one although the site felt like it was about to crash right through the sale

EAT - SLEEP - FARM - REPEAT  
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: