Switch Theme:

The Expanse  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut





The Battle Barge Buffet Line

I suspect they're just leaving breadcrumbs for the future though I don't know if there are any concrete plans. Nothing that I've heard of through the fandom rumor mill at least.

We Munch for Macragge! FOR THE EMPRUH! Cheesesticks and Humus!
 
   
Made in us
Member of the Ethereal Council






I have a feeling they are going to wrap up inaros story and leave it open so maybe some movies

5000pts 6000pts 3000pts
 
   
Made in us
Prescient Cryptek of Eternity






So I’m betting Inaros yet dies from that missile Holden deactivated. They make a point of telling us that they’re keeping that warhead and sticking it with the rest of theirs. I wonder what process is involved in removing Holden’s remote access to its detonator and if they disconnected that.

 
   
Made in gb
Mighty Vampire Count






UK

 AduroT wrote:
So I’m betting Inaros yet dies from that missile Holden deactivated. They make a point of telling us that they’re keeping that warhead and sticking it with the rest of theirs. I wonder what process is involved in removing Holden’s remote access to its detonator and if they disconnected that.


Or Inaros kills someone else with it - more guilt

I AM A MARINE PLAYER

"Unimaginably ancient xenos artefact somewhere on the planet, hive fleet poised above our heads, hidden 'stealer broods making an early start....and now a bloody Chaos cult crawling out of the woodwork just in case we were bored. Welcome to my world, Ciaphas."
Inquisitor Amberley Vail, Ordo Xenos

"I will admit that some Primachs like Russ or Horus could have a chance against an unarmed 12 year old novice but, a full Battle Sister??!! One to one? In close combat? Perhaps three Primarchs fighting together... but just one Primarch?" da001

www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/528517.page

A Bloody Road - my Warhammer Fantasy Fiction 
   
Made in us
Prescient Cryptek of Eternity






 Mr Morden wrote:
 AduroT wrote:
So I’m betting Inaros yet dies from that missile Holden deactivated. They make a point of telling us that they’re keeping that warhead and sticking it with the rest of theirs. I wonder what process is involved in removing Holden’s remote access to its detonator and if they disconnected that.


Or Inaros kills someone else with it - more guilt


If he fired it at someone else I don’t know that Holden would get to know where it came from. Like I’m imagining a scene where they’re cornered and it’s Inaros with a chance to fire a kill shot on a crippled Rocy and Holden gets a little Bluetooth connection notification as the warhead comes back into range/is armed and its like Well then… **boop**

 
   
Made in gb
Mighty Vampire Count






UK

 AduroT wrote:
 Mr Morden wrote:
 AduroT wrote:
So I’m betting Inaros yet dies from that missile Holden deactivated. They make a point of telling us that they’re keeping that warhead and sticking it with the rest of theirs. I wonder what process is involved in removing Holden’s remote access to its detonator and if they disconnected that.


Or Inaros kills someone else with it - more guilt


If he fired it at someone else I don’t know that Holden would get to know where it came from. Like I’m imagining a scene where they’re cornered and it’s Inaros with a chance to fire a kill shot on a crippled Rocy and Holden gets a little Bluetooth connection notification as the warhead comes back into range/is armed and its like Well then… **boop**


Yeah I can also imagine Inaros using as a bomb - killing thousands and sending Holden a message going - cheers mate could not have done it without you.

I AM A MARINE PLAYER

"Unimaginably ancient xenos artefact somewhere on the planet, hive fleet poised above our heads, hidden 'stealer broods making an early start....and now a bloody Chaos cult crawling out of the woodwork just in case we were bored. Welcome to my world, Ciaphas."
Inquisitor Amberley Vail, Ordo Xenos

"I will admit that some Primachs like Russ or Horus could have a chance against an unarmed 12 year old novice but, a full Battle Sister??!! One to one? In close combat? Perhaps three Primarchs fighting together... but just one Primarch?" da001

www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/528517.page

A Bloody Road - my Warhammer Fantasy Fiction 
   
Made in us
Prescient Cryptek of Eternity






Did you not watch the new episode yet?!

Spoiler:

 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut





The Battle Barge Buffet Line

I saw it/got it.

We Munch for Macragge! FOR THE EMPRUH! Cheesesticks and Humus!
 
   
Made in gb
Mighty Vampire Count






UK

 AduroT wrote:
Did you not watch the new episode yet?!


No I am watching it on Sunday.

I AM A MARINE PLAYER

"Unimaginably ancient xenos artefact somewhere on the planet, hive fleet poised above our heads, hidden 'stealer broods making an early start....and now a bloody Chaos cult crawling out of the woodwork just in case we were bored. Welcome to my world, Ciaphas."
Inquisitor Amberley Vail, Ordo Xenos

"I will admit that some Primachs like Russ or Horus could have a chance against an unarmed 12 year old novice but, a full Battle Sister??!! One to one? In close combat? Perhaps three Primarchs fighting together... but just one Primarch?" da001

www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/528517.page

A Bloody Road - my Warhammer Fantasy Fiction 
   
Made in ca
Stormin' Stompa






Ottawa, ON

I think Holden made the right choice with Inaros, I wouldn't even hide it. It would make Inoras look weak, being alive at the mercy of an earther.

Ask yourself: have you rated a gallery image today? 
   
Made in gb
Mighty Vampire Count






UK

 Mr Nobody wrote:
I think Holden made the right choice with Inaros, I wouldn't even hide it. It would make Inoras look weak, being alive at the mercy of an earther.
A dead Inoras is a major threat removed - he and his second seem to to be the organisers - take them out the whole things falls apart and splits back up into warring factions.

Looking forward to seeing what happens on Sunday

I AM A MARINE PLAYER

"Unimaginably ancient xenos artefact somewhere on the planet, hive fleet poised above our heads, hidden 'stealer broods making an early start....and now a bloody Chaos cult crawling out of the woodwork just in case we were bored. Welcome to my world, Ciaphas."
Inquisitor Amberley Vail, Ordo Xenos

"I will admit that some Primachs like Russ or Horus could have a chance against an unarmed 12 year old novice but, a full Battle Sister??!! One to one? In close combat? Perhaps three Primarchs fighting together... but just one Primarch?" da001

www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/528517.page

A Bloody Road - my Warhammer Fantasy Fiction 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




NE Ohio, USA

 Mr Morden wrote:
 Mr Nobody wrote:
I think Holden made the right choice with Inaros, I wouldn't even hide it. It would make Inoras look weak, being alive at the mercy of an earther.
A dead Inoras is a major threat removed - he and his second seem to to be the organisers - take them out the whole things falls apart and splits back up into warring factions.

Looking forward to seeing what happens on Sunday


Honestly? Not much. It's of two varieties:
1) stuff that would've been interesting if developed over time - but instead will just be speed through in the final episode.
2) stuff that doesn't matter at all to the current plot & will matter even less if there's not some sort of continuation of the series somehow/somewhere.
   
Made in us
Stubborn Prosecutor





California

So i've got mixed feelings on that finale. Not as bad as game of thrones, and I was entertained throughout. But it wrapped up a bit too neat and open in some ways. I expected more consequences and deaths, things kinda wrapped up too nice and tidy in some ways.

The way this season was filmed was as if they do expect to continue it in the future. But if they don't, a lot of the time spent in this season would have been better spent elsewhere with the characters that mattered. That is a pretty big gamble on their part.

 
   
Made in us
Prescient Cryptek of Eternity






I enjoyed it. Definitely a finale that expects to have more in the future.

 
   
Made in es
Rampaging Reaver Titan Princeps






Yeah, I'm mainly happy with how it turned out.
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

Well in the books there's a time jump after this, right? I think that's what this aims to set up, but does so in a way that if it doesn't, then it's ok, because the story was resolved.

Either way, I thought it was exciting. Edge of my seat for most of it, especially the assault on the ring station. I liked where all the characters ended up, especially my fav character, Drummer!

Only disappointment was that the super duper elite strike team didn't really do anything except get shot up.

Of course, did you spot the names of the strike team members?

Spoiler:


G(ial) Ackbar - Star Wars

D(ouglas) Quad - Total Recall

D(avid) Bowman - 2001, Space Odyssey

C(ommander) Shepard - Mass Effect

D(uncan) Idaho - Dune

A(lex) Rogan - The Last Starfighter

J(ason) Nesmith - Galaxy Quest

E(dward) Buck - Halo

E(llen) Ripley, D(wayne) Hicks, W(illiam) Hudson and J(enette) Vasquez - Aliens

J(ack) Cooper - Titanfall 2

J(ohn) Anderton- Minority Report

R(ick) Deckard - Blade Runner

J(ack) O'Neil - Stargate SG-1

L(ucky) Starr - Lucky Starr

L(ouise) Banks - Arrival

K(evin) Flynn - Tron

R(oy) Neary - Close Encounter of the Third Kind

J(ohnny) Rico - Starship Troopers

K(ara) Thrace - Battlestar

S(arah) Connor - Terminator

W(ill) Riker - Star Trek: TNG



This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2022/01/14 11:12:58


Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut



London

I was surprised at the slow pacing of the season when lots of commentary was how they had to cut it down and make it shorter. They did have me thinking Drummer was toast so happy how things turned out for her!
   
Made in es
Rampaging Reaver Titan Princeps






 H.B.M.C. wrote:
Either way, I thought it was exciting. Edge of my seat for most of it, especially the assault on the ring station. I liked where all the characters ended up, especially my fav character, Drummer!

Yeah, well... with the sole exception of that fether Filip.
   
Made in us
Prescient Cryptek of Eternity






 Albertorius wrote:
 H.B.M.C. wrote:
Either way, I thought it was exciting. Edge of my seat for most of it, especially the assault on the ring station. I liked where all the characters ended up, especially my fav character, Drummer!

Yeah, well... with the sole exception of that fether Filip.


Yeah, when we saw dad bite it and there was not a single shot of him I’d figured he was no longer on the ship somehow.

 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut



London

A life of menial work on unregulated stations, followed by bar fight, discovery, and a life sentence beckons...
   
Made in us
Shas'ui with Bonding Knife






So that was it huh? Couldn't help feeling like the last episode was weak and rushed. Not a good way to end such a great show IMO
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut



London

 tauist wrote:
So that was it huh? Couldn't help feeling like the last episode was weak and rushed. Not a good way to end such a great show IMO


Did we ever get told the outcomes of MCRN and UN vs Free navy groups space battles?
   
Made in us
Prescient Cryptek of Eternity






So assuming this Doesn’t get picked up for more seasons, does the series here give you the relevant information needed to pick the story up with book seven?

 
   
Made in us
Master Tormentor






St. Louis

 AduroT wrote:
So assuming this Doesn’t get picked up for more seasons, does the series here give you the relevant information needed to pick the story up with book seven?

Sort of? There's a fair bit of changes to make the medium change work, like condensing a few characters (Drummer, for instance), and of course Alex isn't dead in the books. Haven't watched the last season due to utterly loathing the Marcos arc, but in general you should be able to hop over without too much difficulty?
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut





The Battle Barge Buffet Line

I have mixed feelings on the finale. I'd have preferred less seizure inducing space pew pew (just because Amazon is throwing money at you doesn't mean you have to spend it on vfx!) and a more personalized ending to the main villain but it is what it is. It's not bad per se but not particularly good either... which frankly encapsulates my feelings on the final season as a whole.

We Munch for Macragge! FOR THE EMPRUH! Cheesesticks and Humus!
 
   
Made in us
Savage Minotaur




Baltimore, Maryland

Just finished season 3. Man, what a ride!

I just downloaded the audiobook of the first novel as well.

"Sometimes the only victory possible is to keep your opponent from winning." - The Emperor, from The Outcast Dead.
"Tell your gods we are coming for them, and that their realms will burn as ours did." -Thostos Bladestorm
 
   
Made in au
Anti-Armour Swiss Guard






Newcastle, OZ

There are sooooo many fans bitter and salty that the show is ending at S6.

JSAC adapted the episodes for TV.
They wrote them to end in S6.
So in essence, "That's all they wrote, the fat lady has sung her last, and the space opera is over."
There won't be any more unless some other rich old white guy picks it up, and I'm not putting my money on it.

But letting go has always been something that fan groups have shown they are unable to do.


I'm OVER 50 (and so far over everyone's BS, too).
Old enough to know better, young enough to not give a ****.

That is not dead which can eternal lie ...

... and yet, with strange aeons, even death may die.
 
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Trustworthy Shas'vre





Leicester

 H.B.M.C. wrote:
Of course, did you spot the names of the strike team members?

Spoiler:


G(ial) Ackbar - Star Wars

D(ouglas) Quad - Total Recall

D(avid) Bowman - 2001, Space Odyssey

C(ommander) Shepard - Mass Effect

D(uncan) Idaho - Dune

A(lex) Rogan - The Last Starfighter

J(ason) Nesmith - Galaxy Quest

E(dward) Buck - Halo

E(llen) Ripley, D(wayne) Hicks, W(illiam) Hudson and J(enette) Vasquez - Aliens

J(ack) Cooper - Titanfall 2

J(ohn) Anderton- Minority Report

R(ick) Deckard - Blade Runner

J(ack) O'Neil - Stargate SG-1

L(ucky) Starr - Lucky Starr

L(ouise) Banks - Arrival

K(evin) Flynn - Tron

R(oy) Neary - Close Encounter of the Third Kind

J(ohnny) Rico - Starship Troopers

K(ara) Thrace - Battlestar

S(arah) Connor - Terminator

W(ill) Riker - Star Trek: TNG





I guess that qualifies as a squad of ultimate badasses?!

Overall I think the end was fine, if a little rushed. I don’t know that there’s enough to justify an extra episode, but I think they could have given this one another 20 minutes for the wrap up montage at the end, so it felt less like they were just skipping through it.

DS:80+S+GM+B+I+Pw40k08D+A++WD355R+T(M)DM+
 Zed wrote:
*All statements reflect my opinion at this moment. if some sort of pretty new model gets released (or if I change my mind at random) I reserve the right to jump on any bandwagon at will.
 
   
Made in gb
Mighty Vampire Count






UK

Just watched it and....enjoyed it

the good
Spoiler:

I thought it worked well - nice to leave a bit of mystery and opportunity for more but the main charatcers story has finished
It looked good and had all the principal players behaving as they should.



the not so good
Spoiler:

The little Philp brat escaping for absolutely no reason. That was annoying.


And yeah the wave to Aliens and the rest was a nice touch indeed - I only caught the Aliens first time so thanks for the screen grab

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/01/16 21:25:59


I AM A MARINE PLAYER

"Unimaginably ancient xenos artefact somewhere on the planet, hive fleet poised above our heads, hidden 'stealer broods making an early start....and now a bloody Chaos cult crawling out of the woodwork just in case we were bored. Welcome to my world, Ciaphas."
Inquisitor Amberley Vail, Ordo Xenos

"I will admit that some Primachs like Russ or Horus could have a chance against an unarmed 12 year old novice but, a full Battle Sister??!! One to one? In close combat? Perhaps three Primarchs fighting together... but just one Primarch?" da001

www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/528517.page

A Bloody Road - my Warhammer Fantasy Fiction 
   
Made in au
Anti-Armour Swiss Guard






Newcastle, OZ

There's a loooooot of SF in-jokes in that last episode - apart from the Aliens/blade runner/etc references.

The rpg pinning the assault down? Bobbie's goliath flags it as a BFG-9001.

I'm OVER 50 (and so far over everyone's BS, too).
Old enough to know better, young enough to not give a ****.

That is not dead which can eternal lie ...

... and yet, with strange aeons, even death may die.
 
   
 
Forum Index » Geek Media
Go to: