Switch Theme:

Warhammer Mortal Realms - AoS Partwork  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut




local co-op had them in, six copies on the shelf, bought two as would be a bit greedy to get the lot.

also have six more on order from Forbidden planet but there you go

email went in the spam folder but found it, says to leave it for 72 hours before trying to register on the website so umm, yeah, joined up systems there, same with Conquest

magazine is slightly different to Conquests first one, largely because there is no paint in the issue so the paint section is just blurb. the first board is A4 sized, but given the scenario is basically "you are already in combat so pile in!" it works well enough. at this point the 'rules' are more about how to measure to move and how to roll dice, the actual mechanics are not really like the game.

here you have a 'to hit' roll, and hits auto kill, 3+ for the golden boys, 4+ for the baddies, goodies strike first so its really down to luck.

guessing some of the feedback from Conquest was the inability to actually play a game until you had the first two issues, so now you can get cracking from day one.

despite Forbidden Planet saying the dice are 6mm they are normal dice, guessing 12mm, plain white, black dots, perfectly serviceable.

fluff bits are not bad, and I assume will build up to be pretty decent, your mileage may vary on how useful it is, build instructions are the sort of thing you get in a box with a few more words to guide so good for a new starter.

to be honest even if you don't play AoS or care about the armies its not a bad way to get a few models to test new paints or glues on
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut






They're certainly blitzing it on the advert. Seen it 4 times in the last hour and a half.

Also a local smiths had them in. Big double sided pos. I was going to skip the first issue, but i might just go and get a couple anyway. I'm sure i can find a use the wrasps in one form or another.
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK

Local WH Smiths has them in they were surprised when boxes worth turned up

I can see why the card backing is being folded by forbidden planet, it's crazy big even for a partworks

the premium subscription is a bit more expensive, but much, much better value especially if you are a new player




(sorry for the video but all the still images seem to have been taken down)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2020/01/08 19:49:39


 
   
Made in gb
Fresh-Faced New User



Behind you

Just sent Hachette an email to see if I’m registered as subscribed or not. I’ll be annoyed if they’ve lost my bank account details I sent them in Nov for it...

Why couldn't I have had my current income when 5 Aspect Warrors were £2.99 a blister... 
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK

Just saw a TV advert for it on Channel 5 (even if GW wasn't mentions specifically it's along time since I've seen GW in tv advert)


This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/01/08 21:16:36


 
   
Made in gb
Princeps of the Emperor's Titan!






 OrlandotheTechnicoloured wrote:
Local WH Smiths has them in they were surprised when boxes worth turned up

I can see why the card backing is being folded by forbidden planet, it's crazy big even for a partworks

the premium subscription is a bit more expensive, but much, much better value especially if you are a new player




(sorry for the video but all the still images seem to have been taken down)


Premium looks ideal for youth clubs etc. You get quite a range of stuff, and a decent amount of it.

Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives?Why not join us?

 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut




Premium is interesting, none of them are really what you would call an army, more teasers you will end up buying more stuff to use beyond any small or simple scenarios.

still likely getting them because I'm addicted to plastic it seems

card backing is nuts, its actually two layers stuck (badly) together, if they were going to do that they could have printed the game board on the inside then they become actually well worth having
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran





The Spanish pics appear to have gone but scroll further down on this page:

https://www.warhammermortalrealms.com/?fbclid=IwAR2CYDXa30lVHtssGT9cwZzwkmXKCKOzFf6o0ZWlicVkpm26xIM1x4CfFq8

And all is there.

Am on the fence about this, would love a Nighthaunt army but not really bothered by Stormcasts.

@Orlandoetc: They were very bullish with Conquest adverts for the initial issue(s) of that. Makes sense to perhaps pique the interest of those not in the GW/wargaming bubble.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2020/01/09 05:18:27


Painting Warhammer 40,000 Conquest a P and M blog : https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/763491.page 
   
Made in gb
Freelance Soldier




Nottingham, England

The full content pics are also on the poster with issue 1, though still small do hard to make out everything.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/01/09 09:20:59


 
   
Made in gb
Fresh-Faced New User



Behind you

My subscription has turned up on the Hachette site. Not sure if it’s coincidence or whether last night’s email has worked. We’ll see

Why couldn't I have had my current income when 5 Aspect Warrors were £2.99 a blister... 
   
Made in gb
Camouflaged Ariadna Scout




United Kingdom

Mine too. Phew!

   
Made in gb
Lone Wolf Sentinel Pilot




UK

leopard wrote:
Premium is interesting, none of them are really what you would call an army, more teasers you will end up buying more stuff to use beyond any small or simple scenarios.

still likely getting them because I'm addicted to plastic it seems

card backing is nuts, its actually two layers stuck (badly) together, if they were going to do that they could have printed the game board on the inside then they become actually well worth having


Thanks to Conquest, I bought the Space Marine Heroes Series 3 Death Guard, the GW exclusive Plague Marines, a Start Collecting Nurgle Daemons Box and now take too long to walk past the Mortarion and Great Unclean One models on the shelves due to temptation.

They, unfortunately, know what they're doing with the drip feeding.

   
Made in gb
Fresh-Faced New User




Ten Chainrasps for £2.99 is certainly a good start for a Nighthaunt warband for Warcry :-)
   
Made in gb
Freelance Soldier




Nottingham, England

This is on sale at Tesco in England , interestingly the version they have us cellophane wrapped without the gigantic card backer or the Perspex container for the bits.

Anyone with a sub been able to add billing details or opt into premium ? I added my sub yesterday and nothing happened but today the sub is listed under my current subs but cannot do anything much else !
   
Made in gb
Fresh-Faced New User




 TwilightSparkles wrote:
This is on sale at Tesco in England , interestingly the version they have us cellophane wrapped without the gigantic card backer or the Perspex container for the bits.

Anyone with a sub been able to add billing details or opt into premium ? I added my sub yesterday and nothing happened but today the sub is listed under my current subs but cannot do anything much else !


I had to phone them to add the premium, the customer support number is on the partworks promo website, less than 5 minutes all done. no idea if it is applied mind, but the new customer service is a lot better than the old one.
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut




Bet I walk into WH Smiths tomorrow and they'll be sold out. At £3 that is an instant purchase!


Casual gamer, casual fun! 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
[***]







I'm sure I've said this already, but I do wish this was available in the USA too...

I"d love to bulk up my Chainrasps too, among all the other things in this subscription!
   
Made in us
Poxed Plague Monk





Texas

 Alpharius wrote:
I'm sure I've said this already, but I do wish this was available in the USA too...

I"d love to bulk up my Chainrasps too, among all the other things in this subscription!


I totally echo that statement. I could build another Stormcast Chamber and start a new underd army. And more terrain is always welcome.

I am sure that GW is tracking interest in the US...it is simply a matter of logistics and price. I would expect the normal issues to be between $10-12 here, but since I have NO experience in periodical distribution, I don't know how US postage rates would affect their pricing.

Still, if they bring Conquest and Mortal Realms to the US, I'm in for each.

Urusei Yatsura, Cerebus the Aardvark, Machiavelli, Plato and Happy Days. So, how was your childhood? 
   
Made in gb
Freelance Soldier




Nottingham, England

Thing is, it's Hachette Partworks that's distributing it and creating the accompanying magazine , which means it's not about GW logistics but who they can licence it to.

Only way it will work is if they can work out distribution in the US for the US. And whether GW would commit to that much more plastic going out their doors given the smaller US store network to back it up.
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran





The Warhammer: Coventry store had a fair few of these this afternoon. At least 25 copies on the shelf, and who knows how many more in the back?

If anything it just shows the ridiculous rrp of the chainrasp box that they bought out a while ago at £25 for 10. With Mortal Realms you can spend £24 for 80 chainrasps with 24 Sequitors and untold dice and other bits. Mental.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/01/09 16:54:03


Painting Warhammer 40,000 Conquest a P and M blog : https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/763491.page 
   
Made in gb
Princeps of the Emperor's Titan!






Indeed.

Even when the collection is complete, it’s a significant RRP saving, just eye balling the contents.

Only downside to me is the lack of the ‘HOW MUCH!’ Black Coach :p

Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives?Why not join us?

 
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka




UK

Swung by the Smiths and they had a good few copies on the shelf and the woman behind the counter commented on how "Oh everyone's been buying them in pairs" which suggests they'd likely sold a good few by the time I'd got there. She even mentioned the Conquest magazine as well in passing so clearly these magazines do sell well even in a town where the local toy shop recently stopped selling warhammer due to lack of demand (though I should note I've no idea of the overall health of the playing crowd in the town and it could be that it was simple online prices; or even the high volume of varied things to stock that stopped them or reduced profits for them).




I picked up a pair of issues, mostly to have some "waste" models to paint up. The magazine content I think could be done better honestly. It's exceptionally "light" material. Though as they are basically designed to be sold in packs of four that might ease up once you're into the regular system and getting four issues a month in a block.
Though I did find it odd that they had a "painting your models" page that was mostly just saying "you can paint these you know". Again likely hindered by the fact that the paints and brush are a good few issues away. Then again partworks that need a few issues before you can really get going is fairly normal for building things.



Overall savings are great, but I can't see myself getting more than these two issues. A few more dice, some models and a small map are nice but in the end I still swing round to the whole "I don't need another two armies!" aspect. Plus I'd rather pick up terrain as Warcry packs with the terrain cards and boards.

A Blog in Miniature - now featuring reviews of many new Black Library books (latest Novellas) 
   
Made in gb
Lustful Cultist of Slaanesh



Portsmouth, UK

None in my local co-ops or Tesco, so I'm going to the huge Tesco in the next town tomorrow to see if they have any (and if they don't, to asda and whsmiths incase they do). So idk if they'd sold out or if it's only for the bigger stores.
   
Made in gb
Princeps of the Emperor's Titan!






 Overread wrote:
Swung by the Smiths and they had a good few copies on the shelf and the woman behind the counter commented on how "Oh everyone's been buying them in pairs" which suggests they'd likely sold a good few by the time I'd got there. She even mentioned the Conquest magazine as well in passing so clearly these magazines do sell well even in a town where the local toy shop recently stopped selling warhammer due to lack of demand (though I should note I've no idea of the overall health of the playing crowd in the town and it could be that it was simple online prices; or even the high volume of varied things to stock that stopped them or reduced profits for them).




I picked up a pair of issues, mostly to have some "waste" models to paint up. The magazine content I think could be done better honestly. It's exceptionally "light" material. Though as they are basically designed to be sold in packs of four that might ease up once you're into the regular system and getting four issues a month in a block.
Though I did find it odd that they had a "painting your models" page that was mostly just saying "you can paint these you know". Again likely hindered by the fact that the paints and brush are a good few issues away. Then again partworks that need a few issues before you can really get going is fairly normal for building things.



Overall savings are great, but I can't see myself getting more than these two issues. A few more dice, some models and a small map are nice but in the end I still swing round to the whole "I don't need another two armies!" aspect. Plus I'd rather pick up terrain as Warcry packs with the terrain cards and boards.


In terms of issues, I spy my Lootin’ Eye issue 5

Pretty sure scalpers will try to have a field day with that one.

Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives?Why not join us?

 
   
Made in es
Disciplined Sea Guard





In this corner of the world, I seems (or so I perceive) this first issue is more widely and massively available than its W40k equivalent last year. You can find them everywhere! Scalpers stocking massive amounts too, as can be seen on local craigslist-type of apps. There was this picture with 50 issues piled up lol.

I picked up two. Poster boys could be converted into cool looking SM, if anything, and the spookies will make great Spirit Hosts/Wraiths for Vampire Counts. For 4 euros, that's a great deal. I was actually shocked to learn that single little sprue is sold for 32,5 eur otherwise
   
Made in gb
Freelance Soldier




Nottingham, England

Yeah I've loaded up on a mere 12 copies as a) hordes work in AOS b) never going to be this cheap again c) easy to paint with contrast.

9 of my 12 came from forbidden planet so it's not like I've cleared one place out !
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran





Am I right in thinking that those sent emails the other day cannot currently add their payment details?

Painting Warhammer 40,000 Conquest a P and M blog : https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/763491.page 
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Legendary Master of the Chapter





UK

I was able to, via the banner on the Manage Subscription page that reads 'click here to pay your bills automatically via Direct Debit or Card'. At least, it let me put in card details and set up the payments, though with the first batch being free I can't tell if it worked or not (and chances are I will cancel after that anyway).

If it helps, I wasn't able to get the link in the email to work, but instead just went to Hachette directly and managed the subscription from there (using the code from the email, though that didn't work immediately, had to wait a day).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/01/09 21:48:29


Paradigm's New Blog- 02/12: Reign of the Supermenl

Available for Commission Work. PM me for details. 
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut





I’m at 7 copies so far but checking smiths tomorrow.
Cheap chainrasps are a godsend.
   
Made in gb
Lone Wolf Sentinel Pilot




UK

 Mad Doc Grotsnik wrote:


In terms of issues, I spy my Lootin’ Eye issue 5

Pretty sure scalpers will try to have a field day with that one.



Especially when it is available to order from Forbidden Planet right now for £7.49 plus P&P.

https://forbiddenplanet.com/290826-warhammer-age-of-sigmar-mortal-realms-5/

No idea if they will post international but the model is there for the taking.


Beat the scalpers!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/01/10 07:31:11


   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: