Switch Theme:

New Khorne Berserker previewed  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




Germany

 H.B.M.C. wrote:
Where are the WE Terminators in this pic?



These guys look like they could be wearing mismatched Terminator armour, but frankly at this quality they might as well be the Super-possessed we've heard about.
[Thumb - IMG_20220816_013231.jpg]


"Tabletop games are the only setting when a body is made more horrifying for NOT being chopped into smaller pieces."
- Jiado 
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

They have backpacks, regular helmets, and appear to be holding pistols.

Bad quality or no, I don't see Terminators there.

Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

 
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




Germany

Possessed it is then.

"Tabletop games are the only setting when a body is made more horrifying for NOT being chopped into smaller pieces."
- Jiado 
   
Made in us
Shadowy Grot Kommittee Memba




The Great State of New Jersey

 dan2026 wrote:
There is no way they release the army without Terminators.
Especially after they have already made one for Warhammer+

They are not going to do all the CAD and molds then just release one promo model.


The one for Warhammer+ is very clearly not meant to fit into the World Eaters army aesthetically. Its a display piece and nothing more. Also the one-off model has no place in a terminator squad, at best its a surrogate terminator lord miniature.

As a Death Guard player, I'll take the Thousand Sons treatment any second of the century over the gak Death guard got.
They are the perfect example of what you get when you make sprues for a starter box without ANY concideration for what's supposed to come afterward.
The current state of the humble Plague Marine kit is downright insulting, the two main lords are at best fully monopose and without options or at worst literally NOT SOLD AT ALL because it's locked on a big sprue with other gak like some plague drones (GW could have been a bit smart and put that sprue in the starter box, but instead they decided to deliver the objectively worse starter box in all their system combinned), they just "forgot" to deliver the actual real complete kit for the blight haulers (yaknow, the one with other faceplates and different weapons) .
It's awful.


Huh?
The Plague Marine kit has a pretty great menu of options available to it (shame that GW limits the rules to the contents of a box, but thats not the kits fault/problem).
I can go on the GW website right now and buy an appropriate mini for every single Death Guard HQ (Lord Felthius = Lord of Contagion, Death Guard Lord in Terminator Armor & Death Guard Sorceror in Terminator Armor use the generic Terminator Lord/Sorceror kit (you can also use the Tainted Cohort from the Felthius kit as such), Death Guard Daemon Prince kit has two options between the generic and nurgle prince kits and will soon be getting a new plastic kit, Malignant Plaguecaster comes in the Chosen of Mortarion kit and you can use the Plague Marine Champion there to represent a regular Death Guard Chaos Lord, Lord of Virulence and Typhus are self-explanatory), and you can get Blight Haulers with options on the shelf - no obligation for them to give those to you in a starter box.

CoALabaer wrote:
Wargamers hate two things: the state of the game and change.
 
   
Made in ca
Regular Dakkanaut





chaos0xomega wrote:
The Plague Marine kit has a pretty great menu of options available to it (shame that GW limits the rules to the contents of a box, but thats not the kits fault/problem).

I wouldn't call having a random assortment or random gear "great options".
Also did you not know that you only get 7 marines in a box of plague marine? Ofc you can buy the "reinforcement" pack of 3 marines for almost the same price than the 7 guys.
Hey, you can also buy for a little more than 60% of the price of that 7 guy squad the missing icon bearer if you want!

This picture alone should tell you how bad this is.

chaos0xomega wrote:
I can go on the GW website right now and buy an appropriate mini for every single Death Guard HQ (Lord Felthius = Lord of Contagion, Death Guard Lord in Terminator Armor & Death Guard Sorceror in Terminator Armor use the generic Terminator Lord/Sorceror kit (you can also use the Tainted Cohort from the Felthius kit as such),

No, Festus isn't the same thing than a proper Lord of Contagion, and I'm not even talking about the fact that it's objectively the worst example of "cartoonish garbage" GW tried to turn the DG into with 8th, I'm talking about his loadout. He comes with the garbage loadout that was made specifically for him, the one that his honestly directly inferior to the proper LoC, and what's more, he comes bundled with his 3 tainted cohort goods that not only don't have a proper rules anymore (I honestly don't know what GW didn't took the opportunity to make Festus a proper new character instead of making him that weird round peg for a square hole standing LoC), but are monopose and 1 of them even has an illegal loadout that you'll have to convert if you want to stay wisiwig (so much for the no mini no option amirit?). But the best part is that, ofc, you HAVE to pay for them even if you just wanted that pseudo LoC.


chaos0xomega wrote:
Death Guard Daemon Prince kit has two options between the generic and nurgle prince kits and will soon be getting a new plastic kit,

riiiight, you mean the antic one in fail cast? Damn, what a great option it is!

chaos0xomega wrote:
Malignant Plaguecaster comes in the Chosen of Mortarion kit and you can use the Plague Marine Champion there to represent a regular Death Guard Chaos Lord, Lord of Virulence

Damn, you keep jumping from mines to mines don't you? I guess that's what you get when you rush into a minefield you clearly don't know anything about the "Chosen of Mortarion"?
Ever looked at their sprue? Ofc not since you clearly don't play DG so let me drop some fun facts for ya:
This "bundle" is yet another example of "made for the starterbox without any foresight for the future", it's a box that contains 3 random, MONOPOSE (like all DG characters) minies that have nothing in comon and yet you are forced to buy together. Once again I won't even mention how bad some of them are (the caster in particular is a well known meme at this point, what makes it even more insulting is that there is a way better version of him out there, it's just locked in the oop paint set made for japan as an addon to the Warhammer Heroes thing, but you want to know the real funny bit about that kit?

It contains half an extra half plague marine.
Spoiler:

Wana know where the rest of that guy is?
On the pox walker sprue! Ofc, since it's one of thos trash monopose thing you can't even use any of the bits separately (outside of the backpack).
Spoiler:


But hey, wana know where the 3 missing marines from the current plague marine box really are?
Welp, they are locked on the same sprue than the missing Lord of Contagion, once again, that's what cancerous shortsighted "made for starter" box gets you.
Spoiler:

The only reason why the Plague marine are sold by 7 is because of that, and not as some deluded people have said because of the number of nurgle.

Just to reiterate since I'm talking about that sprue, NOTHING could have stopped GW from putting this sprue and the plague marine one in the starter box. That would have been 1 squad, 1 character and 1 vehicle which is well withing the limit of the average Combat Patrol (they would have to slap another 5 man unit in there, or some poxwalkers since the vehicles is smaller than what you usually get in combat patrol), but nah, instead we got the worse Combat Patrol out there, one that was so bad they even tried to make a full "army of renown" just for it, just to sell a couple more, before nerfing it to the ground anyway.
They had a way out for that LoC and a way to deliver an proper 10 man squad at the same time in the starter set, but they couldn't even do that properly! They are THAT stupid, incompetent and careless.


chaos0xomega wrote:
and Typhus are self-explanatory), and you can get Blight Haulers with options on the shelf - no obligation for them to give those to you in a starter box.

It's funny that you try to pull the "huuur they aint obligated to give you thos blight haulers on the starter box" (I honestly have no clue wtf that have to do with anything here), but since you mention that starter box and Typhus, yes he is in the combat patrol. The character from the starter box is a named character, which is way way less friendly than having a standard guy.

Hey, since you brought back the starter box, wana know another fun fact about the DG Combat Patrol?
The force it contains is illegal as such. You cannot just play it out of the box because of the Diseased Minions rule that require your army to contain more astartes than followers.
This is how bad the DG is right now.

So yeah, I'll take the TS treatment where I get less units, but at least the ones I got aren't a bad joke, literally broken sprues from starter box (and by starter box I'm talking about Dark Imperium).
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

The Plague Marine kit does not have the same minis from the starter set.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/08/16 01:47:19


Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

 
   
Made in au
Sword-Wielding Bloodletter of Khorne






 H.B.M.C. wrote:
Where are the WE Terminators in this pic?



I have no horse in this race, beyond wanting terminators more than anything ... but I always struggled to find terminators in that picture as well.

I suppose the guy on the mid-right hand side has cataphracii-ish shoulder pads, but his body doesn't look very terminator-y; nowhere near bulky enough. Could just as easily be one of these new Khorne-specific possessed.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2022/08/16 02:43:47


Death Guard: 6000pts
Khorne Daemons: 3500pts
Chaos Knights: 2100pts
Chaos Auxiliaries: 900pts
Sisters of Battle: 6500pts
Imperial Agents: 500pts 
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




Germany

So, that image is the entire World Eaters release, huh?

Angron, some Zerkers, the Possessed in the right, and some chaff on top?

Wow. That's bad.

"Tabletop games are the only setting when a body is made more horrifying for NOT being chopped into smaller pieces."
- Jiado 
   
Made in us
Stern Iron Priest with Thrall Bodyguard





 TonyH122 wrote:
 H.B.M.C. wrote:
Where are the WE Terminators in this pic?



I have no horse in this race, beyond wanting terminators more than anything ... but I always struggled to find terminators in that picture as well.

I suppose the guy on the mid-right hand side has cataphracii-ish shoulder pads, but his body doesn't look very terminator-y; nowhere near bulky enough. Could just as easily be one of these new Khorne-specific possessed.

Yeah that’s about where I got to; if you squint a bit and wish real hard, that one guy might have Cataphractii plate and a combi-bolter. But is just him out of a unit of 3-4 big guys with what look like enormous bloodletter blades. And it’s not like they can’t make a Possessed using a guy in terminator armour as the base, anyway.

"Three months? I'm going to go crazy …and I'm taking you with me!"
— Vala Mal Doran
 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





That looks like half a picture to me.
So I would hope the rest of the WE units are on the right side along with that Guard tank.
   
Made in us
Shadowy Grot Kommittee Memba




The Great State of New Jersey

 (HN) wrote:
*cringe whining*


-Plague marines "random assortment of random gear" is the same type of stuff that basically everyone else gets. You get enough stuff in the kit to make the basic loadout for every model in the unit and at least one of each melee/special/heavy option. Plague Marines are actually a bit better than most as you get multiples of certain weapons, whereas most kits only give you one of each. Getting 7 marines is a non-issue (most DG players run them in units of 5 anyway), plenty of factions don't get max squad sizes in the box - take Harlequins for example, if you want to run a full size squad of them you have to buy 2 boxes. Again, Plague Marines are a bit better than most here, as the reinforcement pack is a lower buy-in than a full second box, but if you're crafty you can instead buy an extra box for every two units of Plague Marines, that gets you two units of 10 and a Death Guard Lord all for less than if you had to buy two boxes per unit as is the case with most other factions. If you want an icon you can run the guy in the back left of the squad image as the icon bearer, the little Death Guard/Nurgle symbol on top of his back is, by definition, an icon - no need to buy a specific separate mini for that, if you do thats more of a "you" problem than a Games Workshop problem. While Thousand Sons do get a full size unit in one kit, most Thousand Sons players only want to run 5 man squads - problem with that is that you only get bits to make one Aspiring Sorceror (which you *must* take) in the box, which means if you want to run 2 5 man squads out of one box you have to scrounge up bits from elsewhere to convert additional aspiring sorcerors or buy additional models, etc. Death Guard are not any worse off than Thousand Sons. Also, as HBMC said, the plague marines kit you can buy today are ***NOT*** the same models that came in Dark Imperium - you get 7 marines in the standalone plague marine kit because thats how GW designed the kit, not because they were designed for the starter box.

-Felthius gets a weapon that you can use as a Manreaper or a Plaguereaper and something that can represent an orb of dessication if you want it to be. There is no problem here. If you are overly concerned about wysiwyg, its very easy to make his scythe look more like an axe. As I said, his 3 tainted cohort "goons" are perfect Death Guard Lords/Sorcerors in Terminator Armor. You get one that works with combi-bolter and power/force axe right out of the box and if you borrow leftover bits from your blightlord terminators kit you can easily swap out the weapons on the other two to make them work. And let me cut you off before you go "jump on a mine" - if you want one Thousand Sons Exalted Sorceror you actually need to buy 3 because they aren't sold individually (otherwise you basically have to buy Ahirman, a regular CSM Sorceror, or an Infernal Master and convert the hell out of it with bits from other kits if you only want one) this basically isn't any better than having to buy Felthius plus three dudes. Likewise if you want a Thousand Sons Terminator Sorceror, you have to buy the regular Terminator Sorceror kit and then chop him up and mix him up with bits from Scarab Occult Terminator kits to make him look like an actual Thousand Sons. Death Guard are no worse off than Thousand Sons in this regard, actually slightly better off because Lord Felthius and Co are almost half the price of 3 exalted sorcerors.

-The Nurgle Daemon Prince mini is one of my favorite sculpts GW has produced. "BUT FAILCAST" is a sad tired old meme, let it die. If you don't want to use the Nurgle Daemon Prince theres a plastic kit you can buy instead. Its the same gakky plastic kit Thousand Sons have to use, because unlike Death Guard the Thousand Sons/Tzeentch doesn't get its own special snowflake daemon prince mini. Again, the plastic kit is being replaced later this year with a much better plastic kit that contains bits usable by all four gods. Death Guard are, again, no worse off than TSons, and better off by virtue of having a god-specific daemon prince that nobody else has.

-Chosen of Mortarion are fine. "But mah monopose" is another sad tired old meme. The "official minis" for Thousand Sons Sorcerors, Sorcerors in Terminator Armor, Infernal Masters, and Tzaangor Shamans are all monopose too. The only multipose character TSons have is the Exalted Sorceror (which again, come three to a kit, and even then they aren't really multipose so much as they have a couple of different stylistic choices you can make within each minis monopose build). Even if these three minis were released stand-alone, they would still be monopose, just like every other factions HQ and Elite character options, except you'd be paying 10-40USD more to buy the three of them individually as opposed to getting them in a set. You don't have to run the Plague Marine Champion as a Plague Marine Champion, again not hard to make into a Death Guard Lord - you don't even have to convert it because it turns out power sword + power fist is a legal Lord loadout (though not necessarily a good one, again, grab some of those bits - I'm sorry, "random assortment of random gear" from the Plague Marines kit and go to town.

-You are aware that GW released an Army of Renown for the Thousand Sons in an effort to justify the TSons Combat Patrol too... right? You do realize that of the 26 models contained in the TSons Combat Patrol, only 6 of them are actually Thousand Sons minis (hint: there are more Death Guard minis in the Death Guard CP than there are Thousand Sons minis in the Thousand Sons CP) Also that the DG and TS CPs both cost the same amount, even though the DG box contains 13 more minis. You can't say TSons have it better here, you just can't, because every TSons player thinks that CP box is dogshit too. TSons also had the same problem DG do now in 8th edition, where there start collecting box contained Ahriman (similar to how DGuards CP box contains Typhus).

-I brought up the Blight Hauler because *YOU* brought up the blight hauler and did the sad sack routine of "why couldn't they give us all the options in Dark Imperium instead of giving us the monopose version":

some plague drones (GW could have been a bit smart and put that sprue in the starter box, but instead they decided to deliver the objectively worse starter box in all their system combinned), they just "forgot" to deliver the actual real complete kit for the blight haulers (yaknow, the one with other faceplates and different weapons)


Come back when you're capable of having an adult conversation. And by the way, before you continue to "jump from mine to mine" - yes, I do play both Death Guard and Thousand Sons, and definitely own more minis for those armies than you do, as its very clear that you are fairly new to this game and haven't bothered to look at what the miniature options available to other factions are like, otherwise you would know that many of your complaints (bad Combat Patrol, monopose characters, troops box that doesn't contain a full unit, etc.) are completely unfounded and Thousand Sons suffer from many of the same problems you ascribe to Death Guard, on top of the fact that TSons just flat out have fewer options.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2022/08/16 12:40:27


CoALabaer wrote:
Wargamers hate two things: the state of the game and change.
 
   
Made in de
Ork Admiral Kroozin Da Kosmos on Da Hulk






 (HN) wrote:
chaos0xomega wrote:
The Plague Marine kit has a pretty great menu of options available to it (shame that GW limits the rules to the contents of a box, but thats not the kits fault/problem).

I wouldn't call having a random assortment or random gear "great options".
Also did you not know that you only get 7 marines in a box of plague marine? Ofc you can buy the "reinforcement" pack of 3 marines for almost the same price than the 7 guys.
Hey, you can also buy for a little more than 60% of the price of that 7 guy squad the missing icon bearer if you want!


Reinforcements was a limited edition article that was brought back after people asked for it. It was by no means meant to increase the PM squad to a full 10 and frankly doesn't work well in that regard anyways. It's a collectors only item.

Basically you need one box of plague marines for every 5 marines you plan on fielding, which is in line with similar boxes, like the GK terminator squad or heavy intercessors.
Troops with 10 models in them do not have as many options as plague marines do.
The only thing you can't get from the box is an icon.

No, Festus isn't the same thing than a proper Lord of Contagion and I'm not even talking about the fact that it's objectively the worst example of "cartoonish garbage" GW tried to turn the DG into with 8th, I'm talking about his loadout. He comes with the garbage loadout that was made specifically for him, the one that his honestly directly inferior to the proper LoC,

He is and always was a proper Lord of Contagion unless you played with a datasheet that never was legal for any kind of serious play. He is using the same manreaper as deathshrouds are, and frankly giving that weird orb in his hand some rules was a nice gimmik for the 9th edition's codex.

and what's more, he comes bundled with his 3 tainted cohort goods that not only don't have a proper rules anymore

They are blightlord terminators.

(I honestly don't know what GW didn't took the opportunity to make Festus a proper new character instead of making him that weird round peg for a square hole standing LoC)

Your wish for him to be a unique character can't be that big if you don't even know his name.

, but are monopose

All DG models but mortarion are mono-pose, especially that ETB LoC with plague reaper.

and 1 of them even has an illegal loadout that you'll have to convert if you want to stay wisiwig (so much for the no mini no option amirit?).But the best part is that, ofc, you HAVE to pay for them even if you just wanted that pseudo LoC.

A LoV is $38, Typhus is $42. You are literally complaining about having to pay $4 for 3 terminator models.

This "bundle" is yet another example of "made for the starterbox without any foresight for the future", it's a box that contains 3 random, MONOPOSE (like all DG characters) minies that have nothing in comon and yet you are forced to buy together.

Most other armies pay $28-$45 for comparable characters, TS specifically pay at least $72 for an HQ and a minor support character. Despite the outrageous price hike, $68 still isn't vastly more than what other armies pay for their monopose characters.

Once again I won't even mention how bad some of them are (the caster in particular is a well known meme at this point, what makes it even more insulting is that there is a way better version of him out there, it's just locked in the oop paint set made for japan as an addon to the Warhammer Heroes thing, but you want to know the real funny bit about that kit?

But hey, wana know where the 3 missing marines from the current plague marine box really are?
Welp, they are locked on the same sprue than the missing Lord of Contagion, once again, that's what cancerous shortsighted "made for starter" box gets you.
Spoiler:

The only reason why the Plague marine are sold by 7 is because of that, and not as some deluded people have said because of the number of nurgle.

Wow, that's some serious mental gymnastics here. This was absolutely not the reason for that. When DG launched, there was a box of 3 ETB plague marines, the box with the LoC inside came with 6 additional plague marines and there are the extra champion and icon bearer for sale. On top of that you could get the overpriced reinforcements
Three marines being on the LoC sprue was absolutely not the reason to cut down the number of marines to 7.

If anything, GW hid away all the new "good" options like flails or axes in the more expensive plague marine box in order to bait people into buying that. Maybe they thought they could get away with having 3 less plague marines than primaris troops in the box and hide behind the magic number. Or they just thought it was funny.
All of that is more likely than what you claim.

Just to reiterate since I'm talking about that sprue, NOTHING could have stopped GW from putting this sprue and the plague marine one in the starter box. That would have been 1 squad, 1 character and 1 vehicle which is well withing the limit of the average Combat Patrol (they would have to slap another 5 man unit in there, or some poxwalkers since the vehicles is smaller than what you usually get in combat patrol), but nah, instead we got the worse Combat Patrol out there, one that was so bad they even tried to make a full "army of renown" just for it, just to sell a couple more, before nerfing it to the ground anyway.
They had a way out for that LoC and a way to deliver an proper 10 man squad at the same time in the starter set, but they couldn't even do that properly! They are THAT stupid, incompetent and careless.

That is true, and there really isn't an excuse for that. It's still a far way from "getting the TS treatment".


The character from the starter box is a named character, which is way way less friendly than having a standard guy.

I don't think there are a lot of combat patrols worth doubling up on.

Hey, since you brought back the starter box, wana know another fun fact about the DG Combat Patrol?
The force it contains is illegal as such. You cannot just play it out of the box because of the Diseased Minions rule that require your army to contain more astartes than followers.

Not true, Typhus, Biologus, 7 Plague Marines and 20 pox walkers form a legal PL25 combat patrol detachment, which is what these boxes promises. Enjoy your free 10 pox walkers.

So yeah, I'll take the TS treatment where I get less units, but at least the ones I got aren't a bad joke, literally broken sprues from starter box (and by starter box I'm talking about Dark Imperium).

If you hate the look of half the models anyways, just go play TS then?
But keep in mind that TS treatment means that all you get will be:
- Named HQ character
- Generic HQ character
- Cult unit
- Cult terminators
- Another HQ character next edition
Everything else will be either generic chaos stuff or units that aren't actually part of your legion.

Personally, I dearly hope for all WE players that they will be more like deathguard and not like TS.

[...] To the Ork, the only conceivable explanation for this is that the vehicle travels faster because it is red. However, as disturbing as it sounds, these 'facts' become true. Red Ork vehicles do travel perceptibly faster than those of other colors, even when all other design aspects are nominally the same. Similarly, many captured Ork weapons and items of equipment should not work, and indeed do not work unless wielded by an Ork. I believe this is linked to the strong psychic aura surrounding all Orkoids and have developed the Anzion Theorem of Orkoid Mechamorphic Resonant Kinetics. I theorise that many Ork inventions work because the Orks themselves think that they should work. The strong telekinetic abilities of the Ork's subconscious somehow ensures that the machinery or weaponry functions as desired.
This is literally all GW has ever writte on this topic - everything else is meme knowledge 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




Holy hell, Jidmah really drank the "GW did right by Death Guard" Kool-aid


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Like seriously, I love how they release like 5 characters in the Elite slot and literally none kf them fulfill a real purpose LOL

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/08/16 16:13:57


 
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut





EviscerationPlague wrote:
Holy hell, Jidmah really drank the "GW did right by Death Guard" Kool-aid


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Like seriously, I love how they release like 5 characters in the Elite slot and literally none kf them fulfill a real purpose LOL


Do....do people think that DG got treated badly? Sure, the combat patrol box is poor when they should have just repackaged the Dark Imperium stuff, but otherwise the range is solid. My only complaint is the weird wargear restriction for plague marines, but that's not a DG specific problem. As for the elite characters, aside from the noxious blightbringer they've all got solid rules. Heck, the foul blightspwan is something of an auto include and the putrifer and tallyman are even more useful these days with the heavy marine lists.
   
Made in us
Shadowy Grot Kommittee Memba




The Great State of New Jersey

I would agree that the number of characters seems excessive relative to the number of actual units in the army, but Genestealer Cults exist to remind me it could be way worse.

CoALabaer wrote:
Wargamers hate two things: the state of the game and change.
 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut






chaos0xomega wrote:
I would agree that the number of characters seems excessive relative to the number of actual units in the army, but Genestealer Cults exist to remind me it could be way worse.


Meanwhile, Dark Eldar...
   
Made in at
Boom! Leman Russ Commander





With how popular DG are I am surprised if the limited releases are true. TS are well liked too but the first criticism people point at them is how limited they are compared to DG.

Maybe the index stuff is true and WE get a second batch of models shortly into 10th.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/08/16 17:04:25


 
   
Made in us
Morphing Obliterator





EviscerationPlague wrote:
Holy hell, Jidmah really drank the "GW did right by Death Guard" Kool-aid


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Like seriously, I love how they release like 5 characters in the Elite slot and literally none kf them fulfill a real purpose LOL


But they each do fulfill different purposes. The Plague Surgeon and Tallyman are very important this edition, as is the Foul Blightspawn. The only one that is a bit of a letdown is the Noxious Blightbringer, and even its usefulness goes up considerably in a Terminus Est army.

Come here for all the best Warhammer and fandom AI-generated art: https://www.reddit.com/r/WarhammerAI/ 
   
Made in vn
Longtime Dakkanaut




Nu DG was designed by a huge DG fans who made huge DG armies showcase on GW White Dwarf, that'd explained a huge amount of sculpt.
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




Germany

Chopstick wrote:
Nu DG was designed by a huge DG fans who made huge DG armies showcase on GW White Dwarf, that'd explained a huge amount of sculpt.


I guess there's not many TSons or WE fans over at GW then, eh?

"Tabletop games are the only setting when a body is made more horrifying for NOT being chopped into smaller pieces."
- Jiado 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




 ArcaneHorror wrote:
EviscerationPlague wrote:
Holy hell, Jidmah really drank the "GW did right by Death Guard" Kool-aid


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Like seriously, I love how they release like 5 characters in the Elite slot and literally none kf them fulfill a real purpose LOL


But they each do fulfill different purposes. The Plague Surgeon and Tallyman are very important this edition, as is the Foul Blightspawn. The only one that is a bit of a letdown is the Noxious Blightbringer, and even its usefulness goes up considerably in a Terminus Est army.

You're not serious, are you? You mean worse Apothecary and expensive buffbot that hits like a wet noodle himself?
Death Guard lost WAY more than they gained getting their own codex.
   
Made in ca
Regular Dakkanaut





 Jidmah wrote:

Basically you need one box of plague marines for every 5 marines you plan on fielding, which is in line with similar boxes, like the GK terminator squad or heavy intercessors.
Troops with 10 models in them do not have as many options as plague marines do.
The only thing you can't get from the box is an icon.

Riiiiight, Plague Marines are now supposed to be concidered as terminator when it comes to boxes...
What's that? Rubric not only have a way better fully posable kit, but it also comes with 10 guys, 5 flamers, bit to make sorcerer, an icon and an heavy weapon?!
What? The GK you just mentioned have have troops that comes in pack of 10 with a bazzilion wargear options?
Damn. its as if you comparison was painfully stupid.
Ho hey, since we are there talking about terminators, wana talk about how deathshrouds are sold as pack of 3? Let me guess, I should compared them to leman russes or something?


 Jidmah wrote:
No, Festus isn't the same thing than a proper Lord of Contagion and I'm not even talking about the fact that it's objectively the worst example of "cartoonish garbage" GW tried to turn the DG into with 8th, I'm talking about his loadout. He comes with the garbage loadout that was made specifically for him, the one that his honestly directly inferior to the proper LoC,

He is and always was a proper Lord of Contagion unless you played with a datasheet that never was legal for any kind of serious play. He is using the same manreaper as deathshrouds are, and frankly giving that weird orb in his hand some rules was a nice gimmik for the 9th edition's codex.

Wait to miss the point.
Alright, show me where the plaguereaper is on his kit. Oh right... You can't.

 Jidmah wrote:
They are blightlord terminators.

So... is your whole post going to be about pointing obvious thing while carefully ignoring the actual point being made or what?
Again, let's ignore for a sec the fact that they have fixed loadout and are monopose, or the fact that the two that have a mele weapon don't even have the same (which is a pain in the ass to uses in a squad), the last one, the one using the plague spewer is missing his mele weapon, which is an illegal load out.

 Jidmah wrote:
(I honestly don't know what GW didn't took the opportunity to make Festus a proper new character instead of making him that weird round peg for a square hole standing LoC)

Your wish for him to be a unique character can't be that big if you don't even know his name.

Cute. Hey look at that I made the mistake of calling him Festus because TWW3 is on my mind right now, that probably mean my whole post is now invalid, right?
Also, I know reading comprehension isn't your strong suite, but I don't have any wish for him to be a unique character, I'm just pointing out that not using the literal character model to make a proper character out of it for an army in dire need of more is pretty silly. They could have had him be unique, and have his 3 good be body guards tied to him rather than 3 random (and some time illegal) terminators.
But hey, since they didn't have the real LoC out they decided to cut that corner.

 Jidmah wrote:
, but are monopose

All DG models but mortarion are mono-pose, especially that ETB LoC with plague reaper.

Yes, I know, that's literally what half my rant is about. Again, is your whole post going to be about pointing obvious thing while carefully ignoring the actual point being made or what?

 Jidmah wrote:
and 1 of them even has an illegal loadout that you'll have to convert if you want to stay wisiwig (so much for the no mini no option amirit?).But the best part is that, ofc, you HAVE to pay for them even if you just wanted that pseudo LoC.

A LoV is $38, Typhus is $42. You are literally complaining about having to pay $4 for 3 terminator models.

Did you... try to use Typhus, a name characters, yaknow the kind of gak GW has always overpriced, as the metric for the price of a terminator mini now?
Wat? Hey, why not compare that to the actual Blightlord terminators that are 60 bucks for 5, so 12 per model.
Thos guys with Felthius are roughly the same price than the standard blightlords, expect they are totally monopose, don't have gear options, some even are illegal, and you are still forced to take them just to get your watered down "lord of contagion".
I'm always blown away by the amount of coping from GW chills when they try to defend their cancerous business practices.

 Jidmah wrote:
Despite the outrageous price hike, $68 still isn't vastly more than what other armies pay for their monopose characters.

Speaking of cope, that one right there is the posterchild of what I was just talking about.


 Jidmah wrote:
If anything, GW hid away all the new "good" options like flails or axes in the more expensive plague marine box in order to bait people into buying that. Maybe they thought they could get away with having 3 less plague marines than primaris troops in the box and hide behind the magic number. Or they just thought it was funny.
All of that is more likely than what you claim.

Yup, that guy thought "maybe they thought it was funny" was a good answer to the question.

 Jidmah wrote:
I don't think there are a lot of combat patrols worth doubling up on.

I could break down the list patrol by patrol, but let's just save everyone some time and say you are painfully wrong.


 Jidmah wrote:

Not true, Typhus, Biologus, 7 Plague Marines and 20 pox walkers form a legal PL25 combat patrol detachment, which is what these boxes promises. Enjoy your free 10 pox walkers.

Damn... HOT DAMN we are getting into some olympic level of mental gymnastic right there.
"nuhu, the box isn't illegal, they just put additional stuff in there for free (but still made sure you pay for it and based the value of that box on thos extra guys"

 Jidmah wrote:
If you hate the look of half the models anyways, just go play TS then?

Yup, let's shift the blame on the observer rather than GW. Typical coping.

 Jidmah wrote:
But keep in mind that TS treatment means that all you get will be:
- Named HQ character
- Generic HQ character
- Cult unit
- Cult terminators
- Another HQ character next edition
Everything else will be either generic chaos stuff or units that aren't actually part of your legion.

Personally, I dearly hope for all WE players that they will be more like deathguard and not like TS.

Funny how you you ingored the chaff unit too, not that I can blame you, that stuff is a pretty insulting case of AoS port and overpriced upgrade sprue too, but it's still here, and at least it looks better and isn't monopose than the poxwalkers, their stupid smiles (that goes against established nurgle canon) and their half marine on sprue.

But sure, as I said twice already, I'll take that TS treatment because despite having less minies, at least all of them are sold in a decent unit size, are fully multipose, and have proper gear options.

Also, since we are there, wana know how many new model DG got this edition? Zero. So here's that.

 Fergie0044 wrote:
Do....do people think that DG got treated badly? Sure, the combat patrol box is poor when they should have just repackaged the Dark Imperium stuff, but otherwise the range is solid. My only complaint is the weird wargear restriction for plague marines, but that's not a DG specific problem.

I guess he missed the part where the unit was sold with only 7 guys and without the icon. That's some "solid" gak right there!

Chopstick wrote:
Nu DG was designed by a huge DG fans who made huge DG armies showcase on GW White Dwarf, that'd explained a huge amount of sculpt.

Yup, and while I really like the guy and his fanmade army, the gak he made for the DG is downright awful, both in model and design.
They went full on monopose and "characterful" for that one, which means that you have almost zero liberty to build "your dudes" and frankly the design is hilariously cartoonish and AoSy in its over the top nature.
The guy pushed his little fanfiction over an entire faction.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 2022/08/16 20:01:47


 
   
Made in us
Shadowy Grot Kommittee Memba




The Great State of New Jersey

Notice how he ignored my post where I torpedoed all his arguments so he could cringe whine in response to Jidmah instead.

CoALabaer wrote:
Wargamers hate two things: the state of the game and change.
 
   
Made in ca
Regular Dakkanaut





chaos0xomega wrote:
Notice how he ignored my post where I torpedoed all his arguments so he could cringe whine in response to Jidmah instead.

Next time if you want people to interact with you don't open your post with gak like
 (HN) wrote:
*cringe whining*


As I made clear (and I'll reiterate to crush your pathetic attempt at gaslighting anything) the only reason why I ignored you is because of that thing. I'm not wasting my time with someone pulling that gak.
   
Made in gb
[MOD]
Villanous Scum







Time to knock it off. Please get back to the topic and be polite whilst doing so.

On parle toujours mal quand on n'a rien à dire. 
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka








And yet if they had gained more than they had lost, the same people would be complaining about "bloat", and how certain characters/units weren't needed.

Bit of an impossible situation for GW, there.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/08/17 00:00:20


2021 Plog - Here we go again... - my fifth attempt at a Dakka PLOG

My [url=https://pileofpotential.com/dysartes]Pile of Potential[/url - updates ongoing...

Gamgee on Tau Players wrote:we all kill cats and sell our own families to the devil and eat live puppies.


 Kanluwen wrote:
This is, emphatically, why I will continue suggesting nuking Guard and starting over again. It's a legacy army that needs to be rebooted with a new focal point.

Confirmation of why no-one should listen to Kanluwen when it comes to the IG - he doesn't want the IG, he want's Kan's New Model Army... 
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

 Dysartes wrote:
And yet if they had gained more than they had lost, the same people would be complaining about "bloat", and how certain characters/units weren't needed.

Bit of an impossible situation for GW, there.
This strikes me as a particularly weak argument. Through the lens of Khorne, I don't think adding a unique character or two, and some actual WE Terminators would suddenly take the release into "bloat" territory. The same would apply to other cult Chaos armies.

Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

 
   
Made in us
Mekboy Hammerin' Somethin'




Sedona, Arizona

 H.B.M.C. wrote:
 Dysartes wrote:
And yet if they had gained more than they had lost, the same people would be complaining about "bloat", and how certain characters/units weren't needed.

Bit of an impossible situation for GW, there.
This strikes me as a particularly weak argument. Through the lens of Khorne, I don't think adding a unique character or two, and some actual WE Terminators would suddenly take the release into "bloat" territory. The same would apply to other cult Chaos armies.


^ This.

Especially if Khorne stands to lose access to... most of the CSM codex. Things like bikers, raptors, havocs, preds, chosen, predators, <insert demon engine here>, and soulgrinders are all perfectly in line with Khorne and even the World Eaters. WE are inevitably going to "lose" astronomically more than they gain.

 welshhoppo wrote:

I like my Orks how I like my Emperor, dead.
 
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

It's a Chaos Codex. There's always going to be most lost than gained.

Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

 
   
Made in us
Mekboy Hammerin' Somethin'




Sedona, Arizona

 H.B.M.C. wrote:
It's a Chaos Codex. There's always going to be most lost than gained.


They'll be losing a lot less options and unit wise than they would have in any other CSM codex though.

How's that for a silver lining?

 welshhoppo wrote:

I like my Orks how I like my Emperor, dead.
 
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: