Switch Theme:

Warhammer Quest: Cursed City - News and Rumours  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
[DCM]
Battlefield Tourist





On an Express Elevator to Hell!!

 privateer4hire wrote:
Well, I wonder if Shadows of Brimstone from Flying Frog will see any increase in sales.


I've literally just been looking at the different boxset comparisons

(Although to be fair it has been on the shopping list for some time).

Epic 30K&40K! A new players guide, contributors welcome https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/751316.page
Small but perfectly formed! A Great Crusade Epic 6mm project: https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/694411.page
 
   
Made in gb
Darkwolf



West Sussex, UK

 Ian Sturrock wrote:
Anyone else order from ZATU in the UK? In theory I ordered while Cursed City was in stock, but a week down the line my order is still "processing".


You should contact them. Unfortunately the chances are it wasn’t actually in stock and they won’t be fulfilling your order but won’t actually refund you unless you contact them.
   
Made in us
Fixture of Dakka





 totalfailure wrote:


Actually, we do have some clues on how many there were. In the US, there were around 5600 of those silly keys available. All of those were gone, and the game was still on sale for a while after that with no key on the GW webstore. So we know GW had at least 5600+ copies in the US to sell on its own website. And that wouldn't include whatever was sent to GW and independent stores in the US. So it was a not inconsiderable number.

And it does seem someone miscalculated on Indomitus. After the initial outrage came the Made to Order. But it has not been difficult to just buy one off the shelf locally since Made to Order. A couple of my local stores still have copies.


Sort of case in point. Indomitus is now over-produced and lots of stores have multiple copies that will probably languish. That FLGS bought that and gets no money for it.

   
Made in be
Longtime Dakkanaut





 kodos wrote:

but they try to remove all the evidence that they ever said something different than "one time only"
would not be a problem if they came out with "changed our mind and now it is gone" but going the way "we never said it is will be available afterwards" is were the hate comes from

and in this case, the hate is justified as they tried to play stupid on the costumer to cover up their own mistakes and there is no reason to accept or defend such behavior as they make products for fans (and if they think we the fans are idots who don't deserve answers but only deleting the announcements without comment, they should not be suprised of the fans react like "idiots")


Like Ash said in his video, it's not about "removing evidence", just a marketing / communication practice to keep being coherent when the message changes.

What, you would rather like they keep the previous messages that would contradict their new information, so that people could attack them more about how incoherent they were ?

Either way, it's impossible to please everyone. So better stick to a plan and squeeze your butt while the storm is out.


Besides, even Mantic Games removes previous messages on their social network that are unfavorable to them or when the message changes - remember when they shut the forums down and what happened on their main page at that time ?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/04/21 17:30:33


 
   
Made in at
Discriminating Warrior





Austria

Sarouan wrote:
 kodos wrote:

but they try to remove all the evidence that they ever said something different than "one time only"
would not be a problem if they came out with "changed our mind and now it is gone" but going the way "we never said it is will be available afterwards" is were the hate comes from

and in this case, the hate is justified as they tried to play stupid on the costumer to cover up their own mistakes and there is no reason to accept or defend such behavior as they make products for fans (and if they think we the fans are idots who don't deserve answers but only deleting the announcements without comment, they should not be suprised of the fans react like "idiots")


Like Ash said in his video, it's not about "removing evidence", just a marketing / communication practice to keep being coherent when the message changes.

What, you would rather like they keep the previous messages that would contradict their new information, so that people could attack them more about how incoherent they were ?


GW is selling a niche hobby product within a niche bubble were selling stuff relies on the goodwill of the people
This is not a big worldwide company were it might cause 1000 people storming a shop because a month old Twitter post was not deleted, this a niche within a niche, everyone who want to know about already knows it and has read the old messages
removing them instead of giving an explanation to avoid attacks just causes them because those affacted already know and removing them does not make it unkown (and all those who had not read it by that time do not care enough anyway)

ever heard of the Streisand effect?

leaving everything in, keep the original announcement, the box in the stores and saying nothing might have caused some trouble but it is GW and things would have calmed down soon as it is nothing unusual for them
but removing stuff that way is something different so must be caused by something that never happened before, and this won't calm down until people know more about it

Harry, bring this ring to Narnia or the Sith will take the Enterprise

M41 - Alternative Rules for Battles in the 41st Millennium (40k LRB Project) 
   
Made in gb
Fanatic with Madcap Mushrooms







What you mean even mantic? I mean it's like comparing a whale to a sardine.

Its not about being coherent with messages is more about hiding the fiasco than anything else. Many did not buy now and were planing to buy later as per evidence.

Either way its clear GW failed here and if people think is as usual, its not. If they spent a decade building bridges/trust with the clients these stunts do undermine that.

Even for those today that think people are overreacting I would just ask.

If GW now releases a new box of X whatever game and says the box is not one shot and will have a good shelf time... would you believe it?
That is the difference!


   
Made in be
Longtime Dakkanaut





 kodos wrote:

leaving everything in, keep the original announcement, the box in the stores and saying nothing might have caused some trouble but it is GW and things would have calmed down soon as it is nothing unusual for them
but removing stuff that way is something different so must be caused by something that never happened before, and this won't calm down until people know more about it


Yeah, that doesn't work.

Can totally relate to what happens at my job - we have the communication staff releasing a message about the expected delay of the treatment of our customers' requests. Problem : it wasn't accurate to the reality of massive demands and delays with the software allowing us to treat their requests. So they had to change the message and telling our customers that the delay is longer than before.

Did they keep the previous message on our website with the former delays ? No. They changed it so that now, it only tells the new delays. Because that's what communication does when they change the message : they make sure there is nothing contradicting it where people come for information. If they didn't, it would cause more chaos than solve it and people would get even more angry at our Call Center than they already are.

Oh, and if you wonder, we're not telling our customers that's it's because we are understaffed and our software has delays. Because that's not information they really need to know and...well...it's not something our hierarchy wants in the open as well for many reasons, not especially because they're evil but because that kind of information in the open could harm us way more than being beneficial. And it wouldn't help the customers to have their requests granted faster anyway (which is the main reason they're contacting us, after all - they want their requests granted, knowing what's taking so long may sure help some to soothe their anger, but that's far from being the case of all people).

Where does GW give information ? On Warhammer Community and their social networks. So it makes sense they change the message there so that it's all coherent everywhere. They don't just keep the old message that could mislead customers into having the wrong information.

Information about availability of their products totally fall in that category.


 NAVARRO wrote:
What you mean even mantic? I mean it's like comparing a whale to a sardine.


Irrelevant. They're both companies selling similar products and using communication to hype and get in touch with their customers.

They're not on the same scale, true, but they use the same tricks and have the same purpose : making money by selling games and miniatures.

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at 2021/04/21 18:24:58


 
   
Made in pl
Dakka Veteran




Germany

Sarouan wrote:
 kodos wrote:

but they try to remove all the evidence that they ever said something different than "one time only"
would not be a problem if they came out with "changed our mind and now it is gone" but going the way "we never said it is will be available afterwards" is were the hate comes from

and in this case, the hate is justified as they tried to play stupid on the costumer to cover up their own mistakes and there is no reason to accept or defend such behavior as they make products for fans (and if they think we the fans are idots who don't deserve answers but only deleting the announcements without comment, they should not be suprised of the fans react like "idiots")


Like Ash said in his video, it's not about "removing evidence", just a marketing / communication practice to keep being coherent when the message changes.

What, you would rather like they keep the previous messages that would contradict their new information, so that people could attack them more about how incoherent they were ?

Either way, it's impossible to please everyone. So better stick to a plan and squeeze your butt while the storm is out.


Besides, even Mantic Games removes previous messages on their social network that are unfavorable to them or when the message changes - remember when they shut the forums down and what happened on their main page at that time ?


Maybe bloody admitting they were wrong and due to unforseen circumstances things have changed since their initial confirmation, and NOT pretending there never was any official confirmation on it in the first place? The difference between admitting what you said is now inaccurate VS pretending you never said anything in the first place and deleting all the evidence quietly is not that hard of a concept to grasp.

Games Workshop are not your friends. They are not a small dev trying their best. They are a multibillion dollar company making calculated decisions about how many costs they can cut, how lazy they can be about relases, and how much they can paywall. They will do it again. Stop giving them money for this. 
   
Made in be
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:

Maybe bloody admitting they were wrong and due to unforseen circumstances things have changed since their initial confirmation, and NOT pretending there never was any official confirmation on it in the first place? The difference between admitting what you said is now inaccurate VS pretending you never said anything in the first place and deleting all the evidence quietly is not that hard of a concept to grasp.


"Nobody owes you something just because you wanted it."

Controversial, yeah, but so damn true in everything in this life.

And keep believing your conspiracy theory that their purpose was to delete all evidence, at this point I don't care anymore. Raging at the moon is useless and never solves any problem.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2021/04/21 18:43:27


 
   
Made in at
Discriminating Warrior





Austria

Sarouan wrote:

 NAVARRO wrote:
What you mean even mantic? I mean it's like comparing a whale to a sardine.

Irrelevant. They're both companies selling similar products and using communication to hype and get in touch with their customers.

They're not on the same scale, true, but they use the same tricks and have the same purpose : making money by selling games and miniatures.

this is just whataboutism as Mantic has done nothing similar yet

Sarouan wrote:

Can totally relate to what happens at my job - we have the communication staff releasing a message about the expected delay of the treatment of our customers' requests. Problem : it wasn't accurate to the reality of massive demands and delays with the software allowing us to treat their requests. So they had to change the message and telling our customers that the delay is longer than before.

ok, so you told your costumers that there is a delay and changed the date on the webstore

how is this comparable to removing Social Media posts that you planned selling it and removing the items from the so that new costumers are ever going to see that it and just telling the costumer that it is gone?

imagine your company instead of changing the release date and telling the costumer that it will take some more time, to just say "it is not available any more and we might release in future for other projects" and remove the announcements on social media that you are producing it at all
I don't think that the costumer will say "this is ok, just normal communication between company and costumer, we will wait until your new product is released"

Harry, bring this ring to Narnia or the Sith will take the Enterprise

M41 - Alternative Rules for Battles in the 41st Millennium (40k LRB Project) 
   
Made in pl
Dakka Veteran




Germany

Sarouan wrote:
 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:

Maybe bloody admitting they were wrong and due to unforseen circumstances things have changed since their initial confirmation, and NOT pretending there never was any official confirmation on it in the first place? The difference between admitting what you said is now inaccurate VS pretending you never said anything in the first place and deleting all the evidence quietly is not that hard of a concept to grasp.


"Nobody owes you something just because you wanted it."

Controversial, yeah, but so damn true in everything in this life.

And keep believing your conspiracy theory, at this point I don't care anymore. Raging at the moon is useless and never solves any problem.


I'm actively getting annoyed at you.

Do you seriously not see the difference between GW going "Our initial statements regarding Cursed City's avalibility are no longer accurate due to circumstances we weren't aware of previously, and thus we don't know where it will be avalible again." or some other PR talk; and GW putting their hands togather, smiling impossibly widely and going "There was never any Cursed City. There was never any initial statement. There were no Facebook comments. We have always been at war with Eurasia." As they delete all evidence of them ever saying Cursed City was going to stay?

There is no bloody conspiracy theory anymore, and all I'm being entitled to is the most basic amount of communication, which I think I have a right to as a paying customer, y'know?

Games Workshop are not your friends. They are not a small dev trying their best. They are a multibillion dollar company making calculated decisions about how many costs they can cut, how lazy they can be about relases, and how much they can paywall. They will do it again. Stop giving them money for this. 
   
Made in be
Longtime Dakkanaut





 kodos wrote:

ok, so you told your costumers that there is a delay and changed the date on the webstore

how is this comparable to removing Social Media posts that you planned selling it and removing the items from the so that new costumers are ever going to see that it and just telling the costumer that it is gone?

imagine your company instead of changing the release date and telling the costumer that it will take some more time, to just say "it is not available any more and we might release in future for other projects" and remove the announcements on social media that you are producing it at all

I don't think that the costumer will say "this is ok, just normal communication between company and costumer, we will wait until your new product is released"


How is it comparable ? If we did have a social network page where we put such kind of information put in one of our tweets / replies, make sure our communication staff would have remove them as well. Because keeping them would mean the old information would still be available to our customers and confusion would be there. That's how it's comparable.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:

There is no bloody conspiracy theory anymore, and all I'm being entitled to is the most basic amount of communication, which I think I have a right to as a paying customer, y'know?


Thing is, you're not entitled to anything.

GW gives whatever information they want us to know. If they don't want to give that information yet because of their own reasons, you won't have it.

Because unless you indeed pre-ordered a box of Cursed City, didn't get it and didn't get refunded, you're actually not a "paying customer" here entitled to know where's your box you paid for.

That's why GW owes you nothing just because you want it.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2021/04/21 18:53:32


 
   
Made in at
Discriminating Warrior





Austria

Sarouan wrote:
How is it comparable ?

because your item is still available to buy and your customers is informed that it will take longer than expected

how would your costumer react if you canceled your product but don't tell them and just replace the release that with "might be available future" on your website
do you think your costumer will wait for months because this is normal communication and comes back to buy something else while he still waits for the other product?

I guess you just write an email that they are not entitled to know anything and it is your decision to tell them something or nothing at all.
How would they react to such a statemant instead of "we have problems and the product is delayed for several weeks but it will be delivered"

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/04/21 18:58:05


Harry, bring this ring to Narnia or the Sith will take the Enterprise

M41 - Alternative Rules for Battles in the 41st Millennium (40k LRB Project) 
   
Made in pl
Dakka Veteran




Germany

Sarouan wrote:
 kodos wrote:

ok, so you told your costumers that there is a delay and changed the date on the webstore

how is this comparable to removing Social Media posts that you planned selling it and removing the items from the so that new costumers are ever going to see that it and just telling the costumer that it is gone?

imagine your company instead of changing the release date and telling the costumer that it will take some more time, to just say "it is not available any more and we might release in future for other projects" and remove the announcements on social media that you are producing it at all

I don't think that the costumer will say "this is ok, just normal communication between company and costumer, we will wait until your new product is released"


How is it comparable ? If we did have a social network page where we put such kind of information put in one of our tweets / replies, make sure our communication staff would have remove them as well. Because keeping them would mean the old information would still be available to our customers and confusion would be there. That's how it's comparable.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:

There is no bloody conspiracy theory anymore, and all I'm being entitled to is the most basic amount of communication, which I think I have a right to as a paying customer, y'know?


Thing is, you're not entitled to anything.

GW gives whatever information they want us to know. If they don't want to give that information yet because of their own reasons, you won't have it.

Because unless you indeed pre-ordered a box of Cursed City, didn't get it and didn't get refunded, you're actually not a "paying customer" here entitled to know where's your box you paid for.

That's why GW owes you nothing just because you want it.


Okay let me do a comprasion. I worked at retail, at a wee shop they have in Eastern Europe with bloody everything in it. They usually have a wee flier on the front door, where the time when the shop is open is written on. If we had to unexpectedly close, we would cover said flier with a piece of paper that said "Sorry we're closed for the moment due to unforseen circumstances."

What GW did was tear down the original flier, board up the front door, pretend the shop was never open in the first place and then go on to a crusade to destroy every piece of evidence the flier existed.

And you're standing next to someone in front of the door, a confused former customer, because they could swear there was a shop there, and when they go "What the feth, is the shop closed? Is it closing down forever? Why are they pretending there wasn't a shop?", you sneer and call them entitled and then go home.

Games Workshop are not your friends. They are not a small dev trying their best. They are a multibillion dollar company making calculated decisions about how many costs they can cut, how lazy they can be about relases, and how much they can paywall. They will do it again. Stop giving them money for this. 
   
Made in gb
Fanatic with Madcap Mushrooms







Sarouan wrote:
 kodos wrote:




 NAVARRO wrote:
What you mean even mantic? I mean it's like comparing a whale to a sardine.


Irrelevant. They're both companies selling similar products and using communication to hype and get in touch with their customers.

They're not on the same scale, true, but they use the same tricks and have the same purpose : making money by selling games and miniatures.


Lol The only thing not relevant is your comparison here, it doesn't add up.
The only thing they have similar is selling miniatures and thats about it. Leave mantic out of this its all GW here.

The don't owe us anything? Well the basic unspoken rule about any normal client relationship is called good faith. Without it you don't trust a damn thing a company says and that is the problem here. But yeah irrelevant

   
Made in de
Dakka Veteran





So is this only about bad communication or is there something else going on? Apparently there are still towers of boxes available in game stores, so are we expecting people to miss out on Cursed City?
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut





There may be no conspiracy, but when you delete old information to customers, whatever you think your reasons are, the correct thing to do is write an updated official message and publish it concurrently. Noting the past mistake and removal is appropriate within the new message as well. This is actually pretty basic customer relations, people missing this fact are likely not very knowledgable on the subject. Talk of entitlement and other such sophomoric bluster is way outside of the subject.
   
Made in at
Discriminating Warrior





Austria

 BertBert wrote:
So is this only about bad communication or is there something else going on? Apparently there are still towers of boxes available in game stores, so are we expecting people to miss out on Cursed City?


there is bad communication (although some this is normal for big industry) and something else is going on in the background and yes if you did not get a copy of CC yet you never will

not really a conspiracy but GW being on the best way to ruin the costumer goodwill they have build up after the past years at the same time they have internal troubles most likely caused by the change of their ERP System, just because they want to protect something else (if it is the ERP System that causes this they might want to cover it as long as possible and hope to solve it without news going to the stock market, which is of course more important than the loyal costumer)

Harry, bring this ring to Narnia or the Sith will take the Enterprise

M41 - Alternative Rules for Battles in the 41st Millennium (40k LRB Project) 
   
Made in de
Dakka Veteran





 kodos wrote:
[...and yes if you did not get a copy of CC yet you never will


I've seen several on offer on eBay, some local online retailers and in FB trading groups, but you should expect to pay 100€ above retail at this point, if you aren't lucky enough to find that one in a hundred kind soul selling it at retail price.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/04/21 22:02:25


 
   
Made in gb
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK

And that's why they are still on ebay and the like - those prices are the kind only very very die hard fans are likely to spend.


As you say most areas are down to finding a copy in a local store that perhaps hasn't got an online market or has a very limited one and thus it hasn't been spotted. This isn't like Indomitus where there was so much stock around that ebay was swamped with cheap stock and such.

   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

People generally respond better to bad news when it is told in a straightforward manner, and not obfuscated or sugar-coated.

GW's opacity with Cursed City is basically the opposite of that. There's no reason to be so quiet on this unless it's a major internal issue to do with management (which seems unlikely, as it would be affecting everything else).

Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

 
   
Made in be
Longtime Dakkanaut





Of course GW is never saying what I said bluntly. That's not how corporations answer to customers. It is only I, as a person with no ties with GW - I'm just a fan -, giving my opinion on this mess. And yes, it is the truth...there's anger and all but in the end ? We're talking about a product that you weren't able to buy online. If you're in the case of a real paying customer - pre-ordering or ordering against good money and you got nothing at all without any refund ; now you have the right to know and be really angry. Otherwise ? It's just a missed opportunity. Like plenty of other GW boxes in the past. Myself, I got some, missed a lot more (on purpose or just being unlucky), got angry a few times but in the end, I moved on.

Is it frustrating not to know if and when Cursed City will come back ? Obviously. Should we get angry at GW for keeping quiet and not giving a date so far ? I don't see why, the most likely reason is that they don't have the date themselves and they'd rather not communicate on something they're not sure yet. We saw what happened when someone is saying something a bit too fast about Cursed City's availability in the future, didn't we ?

And if you really can't see the point of my explanations, I can't force you to understand.



 H.B.M.C. wrote:

GW's opacity with Cursed City is basically the opposite of that. There's no reason to be so quiet on this unless it's a major internal issue to do with management (which seems unlikely, as it would be affecting everything else).


Sure, it's not like there's a pandemic around and Brexit on top of that affecting the whole production.

Oh wait : https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/04/18/our-pre-order-schedules-changing-a-bit-heres-how/

That's no reason good enough already to keep quiet, isn't that.

Welp, whatever the real reason behind Cursed City's shortage, what we can only do is wait and see.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 2021/04/21 22:54:41


 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Ever notice how companies rarely, if ever, say that they were 'wrong' about things? It takes a monumental effort to get a company to do so. There are two reasons:

A company's official statement can be used against them in a court of law.

A company's official statement can alter their stock value, which would upset shareholders.

I really don't understand why people are still arguing about this... Oh, right, because there's nothing new to preorder this week.

This is just going to spin and spin and never really get anywhere until the next thing to complain about comes out. My bet will be... either the Slaanesh twins' rules, or people upset about the look of Kragnos when the full model comes out.
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

drbored wrote:
I really don't understand why people are still arguing about this...
I don't believe that you really don't understand why this is being discussed.

GW made a fourth entry in their revamped Warhammr Quest line. They hyped it up with two previews, weeks of WarCom articles, a whole series of painting videos, a How To Play video, and it's own dedicated website that grew as more things were revealed.

Then it sold out in 20 seconds and GW are now all "New phone. Who dis?" when people want a simple answer on whether this is coming back and if there will be expansions.

But you knew that already...

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2021/04/21 23:05:02


Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

 
   
Made in pl
Dakka Veteran




Germany

Sarouan wrote:
Of course GW is never saying what I said bluntly. That's not how corporations answer to customers. It is only I, as a person with no ties with GW - I'm just a fan -, giving my opinion on this mess. And yes, it is the truth...there's anger and all but in the end ? We're talking about a product that you weren't able to buy online. If you're in the case of a real paying customer - pre-ordering or ordering against good money and you got nothing at all without any refund ; now you have the right to know and be really angry. Otherwise ? It's just a missed opportunity. Like plenty of other GW boxes in the past. Myself, I got some, missed a lot more (on purpose or just being unlucky), got angry a few times but in the end, I moved on.

Is it frustrating not to know if and when Cursed City will come back ? Obviously. Should we get angry at GW for keeping quiet and not giving a date so far ? I don't see why, the most likely reason is that they don't have the date themselves and they'd rather not communicate on something they're not sure yet. We saw what happened when someone is saying something a bit too fast about Cursed City's availability in the future, didn't we ?

And if you really can't see the point of my explanations, I can't force you to understand.



 H.B.M.C. wrote:

GW's opacity with Cursed City is basically the opposite of that. There's no reason to be so quiet on this unless it's a major internal issue to do with management (which seems unlikely, as it would be affecting everything else).


Sure, it's not like there's a pandemic around and Brexit on top of that affecting the whole production.

Oh wait : https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/04/18/our-pre-order-schedules-changing-a-bit-heres-how/

That's no reason good enough already to keep quiet, isn't that.

Welp, whatever the real reason behind Cursed City's shortage, what we can only do is wait and see.


I'm impressed how you keep completely ignoring what everyone is saying to you and instead arguing with a point nobody is making.

It's not like GW is unable to literally bloody say "Cursed City is sold out, we don't know when it's going to be back due to circumstances beyond us, sorry, we deleted the previous comments because they contained now-outdated info" because of Covid, yes?

Because it's literally all we bloody want at this point, some token acknowledgement. Literally any official response, some bare minimum. We shouldn't need to be investigators piecing together a puzzle that can be solved by someone in their community team making an official statement.

Games Workshop are not your friends. They are not a small dev trying their best. They are a multibillion dollar company making calculated decisions about how many costs they can cut, how lazy they can be about relases, and how much they can paywall. They will do it again. Stop giving them money for this. 
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

Sarouan wrote:
Sure, it's not like there's a pandemic around and Brexit on top of that affecting the whole production.

Oh wait : https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/04/18/our-pre-order-schedules-changing-a-bit-heres-how/
That has literally nothing to do with what we're talking about.

The 'why' is largely unimportant. It's the 'if' that matters.

COVID or Brexit or a fething asteroid hitting Nottingham - these are all reasons why production can be delayed, but none of that matters. All that we're asking is if Cursed City (and/or any expansions) is coming back. Don't you get that?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/04/21 23:13:59


Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

 
   
Made in pl
Dakka Veteran




Germany

 H.B.M.C. wrote:
Sarouan wrote:
Sure, it's not like there's a pandemic around and Brexit on top of that affecting the whole production.

Oh wait : https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/04/18/our-pre-order-schedules-changing-a-bit-heres-how/
That has literally nothing to do with what we're talking about.

The 'why' is largely unimportant. It's the 'if' that matters.

COVID or Brexit or a fething asteroid hitting Nottingham - these are all reasons why production can be delayed, but none of that matters. All that we're asking is if Cursed City (and/or any expansions) is coming back. Don't you get that?


At this point I would be satisfied with as much as GW admitting Cursed City is sold out and they don't know when it's going to be back, just for them to admit something, anything is going on instead of ignoring it.

Games Workshop are not your friends. They are not a small dev trying their best. They are a multibillion dollar company making calculated decisions about how many costs they can cut, how lazy they can be about relases, and how much they can paywall. They will do it again. Stop giving them money for this. 
   
Made in gb
Utilizing Careful Highlighting




U.k

 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:
 H.B.M.C. wrote:
Sarouan wrote:
Sure, it's not like there's a pandemic around and Brexit on top of that affecting the whole production.

Oh wait : https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/04/18/our-pre-order-schedules-changing-a-bit-heres-how/
That has literally nothing to do with what we're talking about.

The 'why' is largely unimportant. It's the 'if' that matters.

COVID or Brexit or a fething asteroid hitting Nottingham - these are all reasons why production can be delayed, but none of that matters. All that we're asking is if Cursed City (and/or any expansions) is coming back. Don't you get that?


At this point I would be satisfied with as much as GW admitting Cursed City is sold out and they don't know when it's going to be back, just for them to admit something, anything is going on instead of ignoring it.


You all get that GW is a big company with shareholders to keep happy yeah? Every statement they make will be planned and judged to give just the information needed, that will minimise damage to their shareholders investments and stock price. Keeping some unhappy internet types fully informed is very low down the list of priorities. I get the disappointment but the entitlement is a bit too far. It’s a shame and I’m sure this isn’t what GW had planned, if you really wanted this box I can imaging you are gutted but that’s as far as it goes really.
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

Wanting to know whether a highly popular box is coming back/will get expansions is "entitlement" now.

Ok. Sure.

Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





 H.B.M.C. wrote:
drbored wrote:
I really don't understand why people are still arguing about this...
I don't believe that you really don't understand why this is being discussed.

GW made a fourth entry in their revamped Warhammr Quest line. They hyped it up with two previews, weeks of WarCom articles, a whole series of painting videos, a How To Play video, and it's own dedicated website that grew as more things were revealed.

Then it sold out in 20 seconds and GW are now all "New phone. Who dis?" when people want a simple answer on whether this is coming back and if there will be expansions.

But you knew that already...



And what I'm saying is that they're not behaving "new phone. who dis?" they're doing what many other companies around the world do.

You think Nintendo is going to bend over backwards to answer why every Pokemon game is exactly the same? Nah, they're just going to print it and Pokemon fans are going to buy it.

I get it though, GW have done a pretty good job of putting up this illusion that they're all our best bud and that they have a shoulder for us to cry on, only for them to retract that shoulder when we needed it most... The truth was that there wasn't a shoulder there in the first place.
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: