Switch Theme:

Psychic Awakening N&R  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut





From the interview with Duncan Waugh on the voxcast, it sound like one of the upcoming armies is going to have a pretty strange new mechanic as part of their update. He's very vague about it, but contrasts it against things like the stratagems that just buff a unit and picking subfaction traits from a list.

It's super vague, because he's not spoiling anything but apparently this new type of thing of 'faction specific mechanics' is something that will probably be applied across other armies in the future.
I'd probably put my money on daemons, as I can see how that is more of a fluid thing and doesn't lend itself that well to subfactions.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/03/25 23:02:42


 
   
Made in us
Da Head Honcho Boss Grot





 Tastyfish wrote:
From the interview with Duncan Waugh on the voxcast, it sound like one of the upcoming armies is going to have a pretty strange new mechanic as part of their update. He's very vague about it, but contrasts it against things like the stratagems that just buff a unit and picking subfaction traits from a list.

It's super vague, because he's not spoiling anything but apparently this new type of thing of 'faction specific mechanics' is something that will probably be applied across other armies in the future.
I'd probably put my money on daemons, as I can see how that is more of a fluid thing and doesn't lend itself that well to subfactions.


Yeah I mean, you can't exactly do custom subfactions for daemons...
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

Surprisingly, that sounds like some of the concepts that were purportedly being floated for the Cult Mechanicus range before they settled on the abysmal "buff is better when moar units on table" bit.
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut





 Kanluwen wrote:
Surprisingly, that sounds like some of the concepts that were purportedly being floated for the Cult Mechanicus range before they settled on the abysmal "buff is better when moar units on table" bit.


What were those, I don't think I've heard much about Cult Mechanicus early concepts?
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

Supposedly, the "Canticles" were going to be applied on a unit by unit basis rather than army-wide.
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut





As in electropriests get elctro-ier the more you get, or having lots of electropriests imbued everyone else with a faint voltaic field?
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

 Tastyfish wrote:
As in electropriests get elctro-ier the more you get, or having lots of electropriests imbued everyone else with a faint voltaic field?

Canticles of the Omnissiah, as in the army-wide thing that last edition granted different benefits based on the number of units on the field.

Ex:
Shroudpsalm gave you "Stealth" if you had 1-3 units on the field with the "Canticles" special rule.
4-7 units gave you "Shrouded".
8+ gave you both.

There was some rumoring going around back then that Cult stuff was originally intended to have a fairly powerful effect but it would be dependent upon the utilization of the Canticle by specific units.
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





Was it rumour based in anything, or just became a thing because lots of people talked about it/one source said it might have happened etc?
   
Made in us
Savage Khorne Berserker Biker




the_scotsman wrote:
 Tastyfish wrote:
From the interview with Duncan Waugh on the voxcast, it sound like one of the upcoming armies is going to have a pretty strange new mechanic as part of their update. He's very vague about it, but contrasts it against things like the stratagems that just buff a unit and picking subfaction traits from a list.

It's super vague, because he's not spoiling anything but apparently this new type of thing of 'faction specific mechanics' is something that will probably be applied across other armies in the future.
I'd probably put my money on daemons, as I can see how that is more of a fluid thing and doesn't lend itself that well to subfactions.


Yeah I mean, you can't exactly do custom subfactions for daemons...


I'd had a chat with my gaming buddies a while back and we wondered if they'd make a rule that gave some kind of reward to mixed daemons armies, kinda like a table where if you had nurgle + khorne your army bonus was x, but if it was nurgle and slaanesh it was y sort of thing.
   
Made in be
Been Around the Block





Goonhammer posted a lore summary of Saga of the Beast.

Summary:

Spoiler:
Pyrrhic victory after Pyrrhic victory for the Space Wolves, with the Orks winning only one of six battles by teleporting away to a different part of the galaxy.

And you know the best part about this? Ghazghkull and Ragnar aren't even featured in the BOOK!
   
Made in gb
Mekboy on Kustom Deth Kopta






 Segersgia wrote:
Goonhammer posted a lore summary of Saga of the Beast.

Summary:

Spoiler:
Pyrrhic victory after Pyrrhic victory for the Space Wolves, with the Orks winning only one of six battles by teleporting away to a different part of the galaxy.

And you know the best part about this? Ghazghkull and Ragnar aren't even featured in the BOOK!

Wow, somehow GW managed to drop below even my lowest of expectations.
   
Made in de
Waaagh! Ork Warboss on Warbike






I don't trust fluff summaries. Too many people read what they want to read.

 Daedalus81 wrote:
SemperMortis wrote:
Yes, because everyone lines up on the deployment line when facing off against orkz, especially when said orkz are fielding 3 Bonebreakers...which rely exclusively on getting into CC to inflict any kind of actual harm. All of your arguments rely upon your opponent being a brain dead muppet who just lets you maul him.


Yea...that's called board control.
 
   
Made in gb
Savage Khorne Berserker Biker




 An Actual Englishman wrote:
 Segersgia wrote:
Goonhammer posted a lore summary of Saga of the Beast.

Summary:

Spoiler:
Pyrrhic victory after Pyrrhic victory for the Space Wolves, with the Orks winning only one of six battles by teleporting away to a different part of the galaxy.

And you know the best part about this? Ghazghkull and Ragnar aren't even featured in the BOOK!

Wow, somehow GW managed to drop below even my lowest of expectations.


That plot is par for the course for ghaz though isn't it?
   
Made in ch
Revered Rogue Psyker





 Jidmah wrote:
I don't trust fluff summaries. Too many people read what they want to read.


Meh. M-O so far was excactly as described.

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/766717.page

A Mostly Renegades and Heretics blog.
_______________________________

Who would win:
10'000 + years of veterancy, or some raidy Boys?
Trick Question, of course it's the loyalists!

(Not Online in regards to the new Red Corsair battalion CP boost and 8th edition.) 
   
Made in gb
Happy We Found Our Primarch



Norfolk, UK

Haven't seen anyone post this, Fabius?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/03/27 14:05:01


 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut





Fargo, ND USA

So is this confirmation that James Woods is immortal?

You know you're really doing something when you can make strangers hate you over the Internet. - Mauleed
Just remember folks. Panic. Panic all the time. It's the only way to survive, other than just being mindful, of course-but geez, that's so friggin' boring. - Aegis Grimm
Hallowed is the All Pie
The Before Times: A Place That Celebrates The World That Was 
   
Made in nl
Never Forget Isstvan!





The Netherlands

Fabulous Bill is back baby!

The Wars of Tusculum Nova - A Vanguard Miniatures fanblog 
   
Made in gb
Instigating Incubi




The dark behind the eyes.

ChrisB wrote:
Haven't seen anyone post this, Fabius?



I'm sorry but I cannot take that face seriously.

Akiasura wrote:
I hate to sound like a serial killer, but I'll be reaching for my friend occam's razor yet again.
 Andilus Greatsword wrote:

"Prepare to open fire at that towering Wraithknight!"
"ARE YOU DAFT MAN!?! YOU MIGHT HIT THE MEN WHO COME UP TO ITS ANKLES!!!"



 insaniak wrote:

You're not. If you're worried about your opponent using 'fake' rules, you're having fun the wrong way. This hobby isn't about rules. It's about buying Citadel miniatures.

Please report to your nearest GW store for attitude readjustment. Take your wallet.
 
   
Made in de
Pulsating Possessed Chaos Marine






Uhh that face is a tough one.

5650 points Exorcists 1st, 2nd & 11th Company
4875 points Word Bearers & Pact Daemons
2000 points Har'Kias Sept Hunter Cadre
1600 points Angels of Despair Deathwing
650 points Herkasion Tech Schism
Everything 6th edition, probably need to make new lists...
Malifaux Guild & Ressis 
   
Made in us
Been Around the Block




ChrisB wrote:
Haven't seen anyone post this, Fabius?



Awfully rude of someone to rip a fart right in front of Fabius' face like that, judging by his reaction.
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut





Fargo, ND USA

Das_Ubermike wrote:
ChrisB wrote:
Haven't seen anyone post this, Fabius?



Awfully rude of someone to rip a fart right in front of Fabius' face like that, judging by his reaction.


Nah, his face really always looks like that.


You know you're really doing something when you can make strangers hate you over the Internet. - Mauleed
Just remember folks. Panic. Panic all the time. It's the only way to survive, other than just being mindful, of course-but geez, that's so friggin' boring. - Aegis Grimm
Hallowed is the All Pie
The Before Times: A Place That Celebrates The World That Was 
   
Made in es
Grim Dark Angels Interrogator-Chaplain




Vigo. Spain.

If theres a miniature that should have that face, it is the Fabious Vile one.

 Crimson Devil wrote:

Dakka does have White Knights and is also rather infamous for it's Black Knights. A new edition brings out the passionate and not all of them are good at expressing themselves in written form. There have been plenty of hysterical responses from both sides so far. So we descend into pointless bickering with neither side listening to each other. So posting here becomes more masturbation than conversation.

ERJAK wrote:
Forcing a 40k player to keep playing 7th is basically a hate crime.

 
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran






Bile's expresion makes it look like he's just seen the quality of the sculpting of his hair.
   
Made in jp
Angelic Adepta Sororitas



Stuck in the snow.

ChrisB wrote:
Haven't seen anyone post this, Fabius?



And he would have gotten away with it too! If it wasn't for those pesky Primaris and their meddling Primarch!

Spoiler:
   
Made in us
Rotting Sorcerer of Nurgle






Excellent body. Perfectly wasp thin and exactly as described in the novels. The head? Yeah... no. Awful, awful sculpt.



A GW fan walks into a bar, buys the same drink as yesterday but pays more.

""Unite" is a human word, ... join me or die."

If you break apart my or anyone else's posts line by line I will not read them. 
   
Made in gb
Savage Khorne Berserker Biker




There's something off about his proportions and not in the good slaanesh way. Between the 5 head and waist that suggests he's not actually wearing power armour, but the chest and weirdly squared arm joints that suggest he is. I actually don't like it much and I thought I would.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2020/03/27 15:34:18


 
   
Made in us
Rotting Sorcerer of Nurgle






Dudeface wrote:
There's something off about his proportions and not in the good slaanesh way. Between the 5 head and waist that suggests he's not actually wearing power armour, but the chest and weirdly squared arm joints that suggest he is. I actually don't like it much and I thought I would.


That's exactly how he is described in the books and it's perfect.

"...even armoured he was skeletally thin, like some parasitic insect crouched inside the shrunken carapace of a previous victim..."


The head, less so. Doesn't match his description at all.



A GW fan walks into a bar, buys the same drink as yesterday but pays more.

""Unite" is a human word, ... join me or die."

If you break apart my or anyone else's posts line by line I will not read them. 
   
Made in gb
Savage Khorne Berserker Biker




 Grimtuff wrote:
Dudeface wrote:
There's something off about his proportions and not in the good slaanesh way. Between the 5 head and waist that suggests he's not actually wearing power armour, but the chest and weirdly squared arm joints that suggest he is. I actually don't like it much and I thought I would.


That's exactly how he is described in the books and it's perfect.

"...even armoured he was skeletally thin, like some parasitic insect crouched inside the shrunken carapace of a previous victim..."


The head, less so. Doesn't match his description at all.


I get that, but armour doesn't care how thin you are it is just the shape and size that it is. The only thing I can see that makes sense is the waist is primarily cabling/trunking for a heresy area marine, so could be a little thinner at best? Either way I guess it fits his fluff even if it makes little sense!
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut




Dudeface wrote:
There's something off about his proportions and not in the good slaanesh way. Between the 5 head and waist that suggests he's not actually wearing power armour, but the chest and weirdly squared arm joints that suggest he is. I actually don't like it much and I thought I would.

It isn't a 5head when you're rocking a skullet.

CaptainStabby wrote:
If Tyberos falls and needs to catch himself it's because the ground needed killing.

 jy2 wrote:
BTW, I can't wait to run Double-D-thirsters! Man, just thinking about it gets me Khorney.

 vipoid wrote:
Indeed - what sort of bastard would want to use their codex?

 MarsNZ wrote:
ITT: SoB players upset that they're receiving the same condescending treatment that they've doled out in every CSM thread ever.
 
   
Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut




 Grimtuff wrote:
Excellent body. Perfectly wasp thin and exactly as described in the novels. The head? Yeah... no. Awful, awful sculpt.


I didn't know they made Power Armour to match body shape. That's really cool.
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: