Switch Theme:

Death Guard Tactica  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in de
Big Mek in Kustom Dragster with Soopa-Gun





I wouldn't cast vitality on them since the difference between T5 and T6 is neglectable. Most guns that would care about the difference have low AP and damage values and thus bounce off armor/DR anyways. I'd rather cast plague wind or smite

What really ups their resilience is a myphitic blighthauler, since most high strength, high volume weapons have AP-1 or AP-2 and tend to the only guns that can efficiently remove blight lords.

In general, deploying blight lords in my deployment zone has never worked out for me. The 4" movement is simply too slow to get anywhere, even when supported by a blight bringer. It takes three turns to move 12" unless you forgo shooting, meaning you will never be in range and often out of shooting range.
I see little reason not to deep strike them turn 2, which put them within 9" of enemies and allows you react to enemy strategy.

Drager wrote:
I'd heard there would be a clatter, then perhaps a hiss, but that's not what it's like. We'd all been told that these things lurked in vents and crevices, that they could sneak up on a man no matter how alert, but that just wasn't what happened. We saw them coming, well, we heard them first, an ear-splitting boom as they accelerated across the plain. They must have been 2 miles away when we heard the crack, but we barely had time to lift our weapons before they were on us and then... past us. Running faster than I could follow. They didn't attack, didn't even try and it was then, as the whole platoon stared after them that a dread crept through me and I turned to see that which they had been running from.

-Infantryman Collins, 5th Umbra Rifles
 
   
Made in us
Contagious Dreadnought of Nurgle





I too jumped on the Blightlord Terminator wagon, since the Killteam Box comes with terrain and tokens for a mere 5 dollars more than the standard kit.

I have 4 converted Plasma Terminators from previous edition. I'm gonna try to kitbash any spare bits to combine the two styles.
   
Made in us
Been Around the Block




Hello there,

I have been working on a 2000 points list for some time now, and now that I almost have all of the models assembled and painted I am having some trouble deciding on a few things. I was hoping you folks could lend your opinions.

The basic list:

3x Daemon Princes with Wings
2 have double Talons, one has Sword + Plague Spitter/Spewer/Launcher/shooter/pooper/whatever
The one with the sword and gun is the Warlord, with Arch-Contaminator and Fugaris Helm. I wlll probably put Suppurating Plate on one of the melee DPs.

3x Plagueburst Crawlers with Spitters
2x Leviathan Dreadnoughts, each with a Siege Drill and Butcher Cannon Array

3x Foul Blightspawn
3x 3 Nurglings

Basically, the general idea is to run mass 8 Toughness units, reroll lots of wounds from the PBC's plaguespitters, and just slay everything. I'm not afraid to charge things with PBCs to soak overwatch and then send in DPs and Levis to tear them apart. I feel like I have a lot of Anti-Armor and Horde-clearing potential. I'm hoping to be able to use the PBCs' and Blightspawns' auto hit vs Eldar flyers as well as units trying to charge me, and really there doesn't seem to be a lot that these particular units won't demolish if you're average on your dice rolls.

So, I have went back and forth with changes for this list for an ITC tournament, and I'm trying to decide what I like best.

Where your input comes in:

Ideally, I'd like to fit in an additional 3x3 Nurglings, for a second Batallion. This isn't a very CP-hungry list, though I certainly wouldn't let them go to waste, I primarily just want more troops for screening and objectives and I think having them is probably a big deal. To do this, I'd also need another HQ, for that I want to run Poxbringer to give my PBCs +1 strength - 8 STR Plaguespitters are great for killing tanks and everything else really. One drawback to having 2 Batallions would be losing the Spearhead detachment; which is only a problem because my Nurgling troops will break my Death Guard detachment and deprive my Leviathans of Inexorable Advance - though they're still awesome so this may be Ok. I could also save the points on the Poxbringer and just add more Nurglings to my existing Batallion.

Having said all that, the question, as always, is: What do I cut? I'm not sure if I value the PBCs more, because of how tough they are, or the Blightspawn because of how lucky rolls = deleted units. I could also go down a DP or Two and run cheaper HQs, though it wouldn't save me a lot of points and I'd still have to drop some PBCs and/or Blightspawn. 3x3 Nurglings + Poxbringer is about 250 points, to free up enough points I'd have to lose all 3 of my Blightspawn or 2 of my PBCs - basically, I really love these units, but I love my Levis more and they're probably also just better so they aren't going to be cut and damn it I have to cut something . In the end, I'm not even sure that I should make room for more Nurglings - but it seems like I probably should, 3 units just doesn't seem like enough screening.

So... Is the list good as is, or should I fit in the extra Batallion; if I should, what do I cut? The meta for the last tournament I played at this LGS had one each of Eldar Fliers (2nd place), Custodes Jet Bikes (which won), Tau suits, 5x Knights, 1 Knight + Admech, and then some more random lists (1k Sons with Magnus, Dark Angels Ravenwing, other 'fun' lists).

   
Made in us
Contagious Dreadnought of Nurgle





Always fit in more Nurgling units. They are great for ITC scoring .

Heres a sample list of something similar I've been running.

DP of Nurgle, Supp Plate, Talons
Jump Lord, Lclaws, Helm, Arch Contaminator
(Can sub out for a Lord of Corruption to anchor bomb for Behind Enemy Lines)
FBD, Spitters
3 MBH
2 PBC, spotters
Deredeo, Butcher, Greater Havoc, h.flamer (although sometimes I just take h.bolter instead)

Nurgle Daemon Prince, Corruption
Poxbringer
4 Nurgling
3 Nurgling
3 Nurgling

Changecaster
Poxbringer
3 Nurglings
3 Nurglings
3 Nurglings


Nurglings scout out and start scoring immediately, and the rest if the army moves towards the center for Recon.
   
Made in us
Contagious Dreadnought of Nurgle





So what do you think would have a greater impact; A Jump Lord with the Arch Contaminator aura, and the helm Relic to increase aura ranges, (but no t5, or DR), or a Lord of Contagion who I just deepstrike behind enemy lines (and in cover) to score points every turn he survives?



I have no real deepstrike in my list, unless I opt to spend CP to deepstrike Nurglings backfield. (I dont use a Plaguebearer bomb). I have the choice to use the Lord of Contagion as an anchor bully to just score points every round and be dealt with or ignored.

On the other hand, I spend more cp on relics but have a more flexable reroll support character that can keep up with the FBD, MBHs, and PBCs, and still jump and avoid combats, allowing the Daemon Princes can be free to roam.

EDIT: This is for ITC missions. and I usually take recon, behind enemy lines, and old school, so just scoring and staying alive are my main strategies.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/05/17 17:22:31


 
   
Made in us
Jovial Plaguebearer of Nurgle





Eaton Rapids, MI

 Nightlord1987 wrote:
So what do you think would have a greater impact; A Jump Lord with the Arch Contaminator aura, and the helm Relic to increase aura ranges, (but no t5, or DR), or a Lord of Contagion who I just deepstrike behind enemy lines (and in cover) to score points every turn he survives?



I have no real deepstrike in my list, unless I opt to spend CP to deepstrike Nurglings backfield. (I dont use a Plaguebearer bomb). I have the choice to use the Lord of Contagion as an anchor bully to just score points every round and be dealt with or ignored.

On the other hand, I spend more cp on relics but have a more flexable reroll support character that can keep up with the FBD, MBHs, and PBCs, and still jump and avoid combats, allowing the Daemon Princes can be free to roam.

EDIT: This is for ITC missions. and I usually take recon, behind enemy lines, and old school, so just scoring and staying alive are my main strategies.


I use a Lord of Contagion for exactly that to great effect and occasionally making a 9inch charge to grab a weak character or scoring unit.

In my experience, a free roaming daemon prince is a dead one. Its not much more survivable than a LoC or even a Lord but is obviously more dangerous and expensive. His main defence is the character rule. Avoid impulses to rush out of character protection zones and instead, cast Smite safely, counter charge and only come out to hammer something safely. Think of the Queen in chess, don't just throw it away. If you have it alive in the later turns, you're much more likely to win.

My two cents.

Fly Molo of Dark Future Gaming!
http://darkfuturegaming.blogspot.com/ 
   
Made in it
Brain-Dead Zombie of Nurgle





 Jidmah wrote:
I wouldn't cast vitality on them since the difference between T5 and T6 is neglectable. Most guns that would care about the difference have low AP and damage values and thus bounce off armor/DR anyways. I'd rather cast plague wind or smite

What really ups their resilience is a myphitic blighthauler, since most high strength, high volume weapons have AP-1 or AP-2 and tend to the only guns that can efficiently remove blight lords.

In general, deploying blight lords in my deployment zone has never worked out for me. The 4" movement is simply too slow to get anywhere, even when supported by a blight bringer. It takes three turns to move 12" unless you forgo shooting, meaning you will never be in range and often out of shooting range.
I see little reason not to deep strike them turn 2, which put them within 9" of enemies and allows you react to enemy strategy.


I completely agree. I usually play 7 of them (Nurgle is pleased) as a distraction/beefy countercharge unit. Up untill now they they won me games by simply staying alive and denying objectives/taking fire. Still unsure about going full out on them with 10 + psychic support. I feel like is not worth it.

Anyway, have someone tried a 20 man PM unit with a blighthauler in it? I was searching for alternatives to the plaguebearer/pox spam + I love plaguemarines but I can't make them work for the life of me. Any ideas?
   
Made in us
Jovial Plaguebearer of Nurgle





Eaton Rapids, MI

They've worked for me in 5 man squads running double blight launcher and plasma champ. At 111 pts, it's an objective scoring fire support unit that is tough to shift and surprisingly ignored most of the game. Being in arch contaminator range ups their damage potential quite a bit with rerolls of 1s to hit and rerolling wounds.

I use 3-4 squads like that foot slogging towards objectives turn 1 while I camp the back ones with 20 pox walkers.

Fly Molo of Dark Future Gaming!
http://darkfuturegaming.blogspot.com/ 
   
Made in us
Grisly Ghost Ark Driver





The Eternity Gate

Question, in a vacuum, would you take a Leviathan with claw and butcher array or a PBC and spitter drone (same cost in points)?

I'm bringing a spitter drone and 2 PBCs in a addition regardless of choice but I'm caught on the more powerful single threat of the Leviathan or more of the same.

01001000 01100001 01101001 01101100 00100000 01101111 01110101 01110010 00100000 01001110 01100101 01100011 01110010 01101111 01101110 00100000 01101111 01110110 01100101 01110010 01101100 01101111 01110010 01100100 01110011 00100001  
   
Made in us
Rotting Sorcerer of Nurgle






Jacksonville, NC

 buddha wrote:
Question, in a vacuum, would you take a Leviathan with claw and butcher array or a PBC and spitter drone (same cost in points)?

I'm bringing a spitter drone and 2 PBCs in a addition regardless of choice but I'm caught on the more powerful single threat of the Leviathan or more of the same.


PBC and Drone. Threat saturation.

Check out my P&M Blog!
Check out my YouTube channel, Heretic Wargaming USA: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLiPUI3zwSxPiHzWjFQKcNA
Latest Tourney results:
1st Place Special Mission tourney 12/15/18 (Battlereps)
2nd Place ITC tourney 08/20/18 ( Battlerep)
3rd Place ITC Tourney 06/08/18(Battlereps
   
Made in de
Big Mek in Kustom Dragster with Soopa-Gun





More of a tactics thing than list building:

I was wondering. how do you guys use ruins with plague marines and DG characters? In my experience it takes them half a game to get onto or off the first floor of a ruin (especially the new ruins that come with killteam) , do you put plague marines in ruins at all? I'm thinking of ignoring first floors altogether since the lost movement does not make up for the better LOS.

Drager wrote:
I'd heard there would be a clatter, then perhaps a hiss, but that's not what it's like. We'd all been told that these things lurked in vents and crevices, that they could sneak up on a man no matter how alert, but that just wasn't what happened. We saw them coming, well, we heard them first, an ear-splitting boom as they accelerated across the plain. They must have been 2 miles away when we heard the crack, but we barely had time to lift our weapons before they were on us and then... past us. Running faster than I could follow. They didn't attack, didn't even try and it was then, as the whole platoon stared after them that a dread crept through me and I turned to see that which they had been running from.

-Infantryman Collins, 5th Umbra Rifles
 
   
Made in us
Jovial Plaguebearer of Nurgle





Eaton Rapids, MI

Most games (especially ITC or ETC) incentivize standing on objectives throughout the game. I almost always just walk to objectives and stand on them with my PMs. Often ignored due to threat overload near the center of the board, being in cover is typically pointless for my Plague Marines.

Fly Molo of Dark Future Gaming!
http://darkfuturegaming.blogspot.com/ 
   
Made in us
Grisly Ghost Ark Driver





The Eternity Gate

 Zid wrote:
 buddha wrote:
Question, in a vacuum, would you take a Leviathan with claw and butcher array or a PBC and spitter drone (same cost in points)?

I'm bringing a spitter drone and 2 PBCs in a addition regardless of choice but I'm caught on the more powerful single threat of the Leviathan or more of the same.


PBC and Drone. Threat saturation.


Figured as much. Thanks.

01001000 01100001 01101001 01101100 00100000 01101111 01110101 01110010 00100000 01001110 01100101 01100011 01110010 01101111 01101110 00100000 01101111 01110110 01100101 01110010 01101100 01101111 01110010 01100100 01110011 00100001  
   
Made in us
Been Around the Block




 Nightlord1987 wrote:
Always fit in more Nurgling units. They are great for ITC scoring .

Heres a sample list of something similar I've been running.

DP of Nurgle, Supp Plate, Talons
Jump Lord, Lclaws, Helm, Arch Contaminator
(Can sub out for a Lord of Corruption to anchor bomb for Behind Enemy Lines)
FBD, Spitters
3 MBH
2 PBC, spotters
Deredeo, Butcher, Greater Havoc, h.flamer (although sometimes I just take h.bolter instead)

Nurgle Daemon Prince, Corruption
Poxbringer
4 Nurgling
3 Nurgling
3 Nurgling

Changecaster
Poxbringer
3 Nurglings
3 Nurglings
3 Nurglings


Nurglings scout out and start scoring immediately, and the rest if the army moves towards the center for Recon.


Thanks... This comes out to over 2k points, if I had more points to use I'd be golden Any advice as to what you think I should take out for the Nurglings?
   
Made in us
Jovial Plaguebearer of Nurgle





Eaton Rapids, MI

Hey guys, working on my 2k mono Death Guard for our big GT in October.
The event will probably be similar to the GT last year and Adepticon (more like ETC instead of ITC) that will probably use Maelstrom cards and old style endgame objectives. I've had some success in the format in the past.
This is what I'm planning on running as of now:
Spoiler:

2019BLmbh (Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition) [116 PL, 7CP, 1,998pts]
Battalion Detachment +5CP (Chaos - Death Guard)
No Force Org Slot
Battle-forged CP
Detachment CP
Gifts of Decay (1 Relic)
HQ
Daemon Prince of Nurgle
Selections: 5. Putrescent Vitality, 6. Arch-Contaminator, Fugaris' Helm, Hellforged sword, Plague spewer, Warlord, Wings

Daemon Prince of Nurgle
Selections: 4. Blades of Putrefaction, Malefic talon, The Suppurating Plate, Wings

Troops
Plague Marines
Plague Champion
Codex
Selections: Plague knife, Plasma gun

2x Plague Marine w/ boltgun
Plague Marine w/ Special Weapon
Selections: Blight launcher

Plague Marine w/ Special Weapon
Selections: Blight launcher

Plague Marines
Plague Champion
Codex
Selections: Plague knife, Plasma gun

2x Plague Marine w/ boltgun
Plague Marine w/ Special Weapon
Selections: Blight launcher

Plague Marine w/ Special Weapon
Selections: Blight launcher

Poxwalkers
Selections: 14x Poxwalker

Poxwalkers
Selections: 14x Poxwalker

Elites
Blightlord Terminators
Blightlord Champion
Selections: Bubotic Axe, Combi-bolter

Blightlord Terminator
Selections: Blight launcher, Bubotic Axe

Blightlord Terminator
Selections: Blight launcher, Bubotic Axe

Blightlord Terminator
Selections: Bubotic Axe, Combi-bolter

Blightlord Terminator
Selections: Bubotic Axe, Combi-bolter

Blightlord Terminator
Selections: Bubotic Axe, Combi-bolter

Blightlord Terminator
Selections: Bubotic Axe, Combi-bolter

Blightlord Terminator
Selections: Bubotic Axe, Combi-bolter

Blightlord Terminator
Selections: Bubotic Axe, Combi-bolter

Blightlord Terminator
Selections: Bubotic Axe, Combi-bolter

Fast Attack
Foetid Bloat-drone
Selections: 2x Plaguespitters, Plague probe

Foetid Bloat-drone
Selections: 2x Plaguespitters, Plague probe

Myphitic Blight-haulers
Myphitic Blight-hauler
Selections: Missile launcher, Multi-melta

Myphitic Blight-hauler
Selections: Missile launcher, Multi-melta

Myphitic Blight-hauler
Selections: Missile launcher, Multi-melta

Heavy Support
Plagueburst Crawler
Selections: 2x Plaguespitter, Heavy slugger


I'm pretty new with the Blightlords but plan to be flexible with their deployment, either right up front if I think they will be exceptionally tough for my opponent to deal with, or deep strike and control somewhere else on the board after turn 2.

Running low CP and only two psykers seems risky but I rarely use strats (except now I will want to Cloud of Flies and VotLW every turn on the Blightlords).

The math on giving cover via Mbh aura is insane on massed AP-1 weapons (doubling survivability), meaning I can tank through mass heavy bolters, autocannon and assault cannon equivalent guns. I probably don't need three MBHs though, and could even cut two for more bodies or another drone.

Other contructive thoughts? I have access to everything in the book models wise, and am not married to any specific idea other than "I want to use mono DG and use Blightlords."
[Thumb - 20190526_112347.jpg]


Fly Molo of Dark Future Gaming!
http://darkfuturegaming.blogspot.com/ 
   
Made in us
Grisly Ghost Ark Driver





The Eternity Gate

@Brymm like the list and great looking models.

For the poxwalkers, unless you are investing in a full poxwalker list (which you are not it seems) just go 10 man for screening and objective sitting.

I'm guessing you know already but the MBH one will likely get smoked quickly so they are instead used for their cover aura and their ranged just gravy.

01001000 01100001 01101001 01101100 00100000 01101111 01110101 01110010 00100000 01001110 01100101 01100011 01110010 01101111 01101110 00100000 01101111 01110110 01100101 01110010 01101100 01101111 01110010 01100100 01110011 00100001  
   
Made in de
Big Mek in Kustom Dragster with Soopa-Gun





That's pretty similar to the list I'm running. Why the vitality power on the warlord though?

I also wouldn't skip on the flails, they have never disappointed me, but I guess it will cost you eight bolter shots.

Drager wrote:
I'd heard there would be a clatter, then perhaps a hiss, but that's not what it's like. We'd all been told that these things lurked in vents and crevices, that they could sneak up on a man no matter how alert, but that just wasn't what happened. We saw them coming, well, we heard them first, an ear-splitting boom as they accelerated across the plain. They must have been 2 miles away when we heard the crack, but we barely had time to lift our weapons before they were on us and then... past us. Running faster than I could follow. They didn't attack, didn't even try and it was then, as the whole platoon stared after them that a dread crept through me and I turned to see that which they had been running from.

-Infantryman Collins, 5th Umbra Rifles
 
   
Made in us
Jovial Plaguebearer of Nurgle





Eaton Rapids, MI

 Jidmah wrote:
That's pretty similar to the list I'm running. Why the vitality power on the warlord though?

I also wouldn't skip on the flails, they have never disappointed me, but I guess it will cost you eight bolter shots.


I'm not too sure, my points were wonky when I built the Blightlords and I basically had to choose between flails and blight launchers, and felt the blight launchers were better with Arch Contaminator and my play style.

Now after reworking the army composition, I do have room in the form of pox walkers to add back in the flails. Alas, the models are built and painted. I will probably buy 2 more terminators on eBay and try both out.

I tried to argue a buddy about it and he also was very pro-flail.

The vitality and miasma are the two best powers to keep the terminators alive but as stated higher in the thread, t6 vs t5 isn't too big a deal and blades just turns the unit into a blender with VotLW, so I'll probably trade that out.

Oh, and flails aren't plague weapons, right?


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 buddha wrote:
@Brymm like the list and great looking models.

For the poxwalkers, unless you are investing in a full poxwalker list (which you are not it seems) just go 10 man for screening and objective sitting.

I'm guessing you know already but the MBH one will likely get smoked quickly so they are instead used for their cover aura and their ranged just gravy.


Agreed. I tend to use Pox Walkers as points fillers.

In previous builds I've run the ol Trilobe and have been simultaneously over and underwhelmed. They are super survivable, decent in CC but their shooting just never seems to do anything. Hence, running 1 for the aura could work for me because I'm not really counting on shooting.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Oh snap, error on my list, my powers were supposed to be Miasma and Blades.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2019/05/27 13:29:33


Fly Molo of Dark Future Gaming!
http://darkfuturegaming.blogspot.com/ 
   
Made in fi
Dakka Veteran






Flails are plague weapons.

Heavily converted tall scaled 30k / 40k loyalist Death Guard blog here, C&C welcome https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/717557.page
Now with titans! Legio Favilla walks! 
   
Made in de
Big Mek in Kustom Dragster with Soopa-Gun





 Brymm wrote:
 Jidmah wrote:
That's pretty similar to the list I'm running. Why the vitality power on the warlord though?

I also wouldn't skip on the flails, they have never disappointed me, but I guess it will cost you eight bolter shots.


I'm not too sure, my points were wonky when I built the Blightlords and I basically had to choose between flails and blight launchers, and felt the blight launchers were better with Arch Contaminator and my play style.

Now after reworking the army composition, I do have room in the form of pox walkers to add back in the flails. Alas, the models are built and painted. I will probably buy 2 more terminators on eBay and try both out.

I tried to argue a buddy about it and he also was very pro-flail.

The awesome part about flails is that they are great against almost anything. They kill eldar bikes and primaris easily, they kill hordes due to S6 AP-2 and damage not being lost (just two flails kill 10 guardsmen on average) and they can take a chunk out of vehicles when you activate VOTLW and blades since they double their bearers attacks and have two damage.
If you feel like you will never make it into combat, just remove them as casualties first.

Oh snap, error on my list, my powers were supposed to be Miasma and Blades.

That makes much more sense

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/05/28 08:49:05


Drager wrote:
I'd heard there would be a clatter, then perhaps a hiss, but that's not what it's like. We'd all been told that these things lurked in vents and crevices, that they could sneak up on a man no matter how alert, but that just wasn't what happened. We saw them coming, well, we heard them first, an ear-splitting boom as they accelerated across the plain. They must have been 2 miles away when we heard the crack, but we barely had time to lift our weapons before they were on us and then... past us. Running faster than I could follow. They didn't attack, didn't even try and it was then, as the whole platoon stared after them that a dread crept through me and I turned to see that which they had been running from.

-Infantryman Collins, 5th Umbra Rifles
 
   
Made in de
Big Mek in Kustom Dragster with Soopa-Gun





 Brymm wrote:
I use a Lord of Contagion for exactly that to great effect and occasionally making a 9inch charge to grab a weak character or scoring unit.


I finally got to try this one and... holly gak, that worked well. The LoC came down turn 2, succeeded his charge and crushed the Ynncarne in close combat. The turn after he tanked two wraithlord's worth of shooting and then went to smash two more shining spears before finally going down to an autarch shooting him with a melta.
He was more than worth his points, for the first time ever. Great distraction carnifex which is incredibly difficult to bring down due to the 2+/4++/5+++ and character protection.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/05/30 17:27:30


Drager wrote:
I'd heard there would be a clatter, then perhaps a hiss, but that's not what it's like. We'd all been told that these things lurked in vents and crevices, that they could sneak up on a man no matter how alert, but that just wasn't what happened. We saw them coming, well, we heard them first, an ear-splitting boom as they accelerated across the plain. They must have been 2 miles away when we heard the crack, but we barely had time to lift our weapons before they were on us and then... past us. Running faster than I could follow. They didn't attack, didn't even try and it was then, as the whole platoon stared after them that a dread crept through me and I turned to see that which they had been running from.

-Infantryman Collins, 5th Umbra Rifles
 
   
Made in us
Jovial Plaguebearer of Nurgle





Eaton Rapids, MI

 Jidmah wrote:
 Brymm wrote:
I use a Lord of Contagion for exactly that to great effect and occasionally making a 9inch charge to grab a weak character or scoring unit.


I finally got to try this one and... holly gak, that worked well. The LoC came down turn 2, succeeded his charge and crushed the Ynncarne in close combat. The turn after he tanked two wraithlord's worth of shooting and then went to smash two more shining spears before finally going down to an autarch shooting him with a melta.
He was more than worth his points, for the first time ever. Great distraction carnifex which is incredibly difficult to bring down due to the 2+/4++/5+++ and character protection.


Yes! Don't forgot the mortal wound aura that almost everyone in the world doesn't know exists! For the first three games I used him, I should have been checking to see if my opponents were getting mortal wounds.

And yeah, hes a brick, very hard to kill.

Added bonus is that when hes in the teleportarium, the opponent surely OVERestimates how dangerous he is, and overly prepares their backfield, hence not pressing forward. Glad it worked for you.

Fly Molo of Dark Future Gaming!
http://darkfuturegaming.blogspot.com/ 
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran





How are people equiping their Blightlords these days?
   
Made in nl
Hellacious Havoc





 dan2026 wrote:
How are people equiping their Blightlords these days?


As cheap as possible, multiple lists that have done well at GTs run 8 Blightlords with bolters and axes with at most a single Flail added. With bolter drill and veterans they are absolute monsters for their points
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran





 Barnie25 wrote:
 dan2026 wrote:
How are people equiping their Blightlords these days?


As cheap as possible, multiple lists that have done well at GTs run 8 Blightlords with bolters and axes with at most a single Flail added. With bolter drill and veterans they are absolute monsters for their points


Thanks. One more question.
Is there any reason I can't use the preset three man Plague Marine squad from the easy to build box as a troop choice?
The one the has the champ with power fist and the two other guys with boltgun and blight launcher repectively.
It seems legal as far as I can tell as they come with their own datasheet.
   
Made in de
Big Mek in Kustom Dragster with Soopa-Gun





TOs tend to disallow "from the box" datasheets, so check first.

Strictly RAW, they are legal, but I don't really see a reason to use them over a unit of 10 pox walkers.

Drager wrote:
I'd heard there would be a clatter, then perhaps a hiss, but that's not what it's like. We'd all been told that these things lurked in vents and crevices, that they could sneak up on a man no matter how alert, but that just wasn't what happened. We saw them coming, well, we heard them first, an ear-splitting boom as they accelerated across the plain. They must have been 2 miles away when we heard the crack, but we barely had time to lift our weapons before they were on us and then... past us. Running faster than I could follow. They didn't attack, didn't even try and it was then, as the whole platoon stared after them that a dread crept through me and I turned to see that which they had been running from.

-Infantryman Collins, 5th Umbra Rifles
 
   
Made in us
Jovial Plaguebearer of Nurgle





Eaton Rapids, MI

True, 10w vs 3w is the main comparision that you need to look at. It takes at least 10 shots also to peel off those 10 wounds.

Fly Molo of Dark Future Gaming!
http://darkfuturegaming.blogspot.com/ 
   
Made in us
Fresh-Faced New User




So I’ve reworked my DG list from a pox horde + Typhus to something that I’m hoping is a little more competitive for the current playerscape.

The stars of the show are the Knight, LoC with Fungaris, and demon prince with supperating plate. I also have a sorcerer on a palanquin of Nurgle as that’s a better way to get warptime for the DP than running a non DG detachment. Thoughts?

Spoiler:

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Chaos - Death Guard) [62 PL, 1,042pts, 7CP] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Battle-forged CP [3CP]

Detachment CP [5CP]

Gametype: Matched

Gifts of Decay (1 Relic) [-1CP]

+ HQ +

Lord of Contagion [7 PL, 115pts]: 6. Arch-Contaminator, Fugaris' Helm, Plaguereaper, Warlord

Malignant Plaguecaster [6 PL, 110pts]: 3. Plague Wind, 5. Putrescent Vitality

+ Troops +

Plague Marines [7 PL, 100pts]
. Plague Champion
. . Codex: Boltgun, Plague knife
. 2x Plague Marine w/ boltgun
. Plague Marine w/ Special Weapon: Blight launcher
. Plague Marine w/ Special Weapon: Blight launcher

Plague Marines [7 PL, 85pts]
. Plague Champion
. . INDEX: Plague knife
. Plague Marine w/ melee weapons: Bubotic Axe
. Plague Marine w/ melee weapons: 2nd Plague knife
. Plague Marine w/ melee weapons: 2nd Plague knife
. Plague Marine w/ melee weapons: 2nd Plague knife

Poxwalkers [3 PL, 60pts]: 10x Poxwalker

+ Elites +

Biologus Putrifier [4 PL, 60pts]

+ Fast Attack +

Foetid Bloat-drone [8 PL, 158pts]: 2x Plaguespitters, Plague probe

+ Heavy Support +

Plagueburst Crawler [8 PL, 140pts]: 2x Plaguespitter, Heavy slugger

Plagueburst Crawler [8 PL, 140pts]: 2x Plaguespitter, Heavy slugger

+ Dedicated Transport +

Chaos Rhino [4 PL, 74pts]: Combi-bolter, Combi-bolter

++ Super-Heavy Auxiliary Detachment (Chaos - Renegade Knights) [25 PL, 468pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Detachment CP

+ Lord of War +

Renegade Knight [25 PL, 468pts]: Heavy stubber, Ironstorm Missile Pod, Thermal cannon
. Avenger gatling cannon and heavy flamer: Avenger gatling cannon, Heavy flamer

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Chaos - Death Guard) [26 PL, 477pts, 5CP] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Detachment CP [5CP]

+ HQ +

Daemon Prince of Nurgle [9 PL, 180pts]: 3. Plague Wind, Malefic talon, The Suppurating Plate, Wings

Sorcerer on Palanquin of Nurgle [8 PL, 137pts]: Bolt pistol, Force sword, Nurglings' claws and teeth, Warptime

+ Troops +

Chaos Cultists [3 PL, 50pts]
. 9x Chaos Cultist w/ Autogun
. Cultist Champion: Autogun

Chaos Cultists [3 PL, 50pts]
. 9x Chaos Cultist w/ Autogun
. Cultist Champion: Autogun

Poxwalkers [3 PL, 60pts]: 10x Poxwalker

++ Total: [113 PL, 12CP, 1,987pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe
   
Made in de
Big Mek in Kustom Dragster with Soopa-Gun





Just use your LoC model as Chaos Lord with terminator armor and power axe. A chaos lord's aura is much more useful than the LoC's gift of nurgle.

Drager wrote:
I'd heard there would be a clatter, then perhaps a hiss, but that's not what it's like. We'd all been told that these things lurked in vents and crevices, that they could sneak up on a man no matter how alert, but that just wasn't what happened. We saw them coming, well, we heard them first, an ear-splitting boom as they accelerated across the plain. They must have been 2 miles away when we heard the crack, but we barely had time to lift our weapons before they were on us and then... past us. Running faster than I could follow. They didn't attack, didn't even try and it was then, as the whole platoon stared after them that a dread crept through me and I turned to see that which they had been running from.

-Infantryman Collins, 5th Umbra Rifles
 
   
Made in us
Pestilent Plague Marine with Blight Grenade






Trying to refine my list, with models I actually own... list is updated



++ Spearhead Detachment +1CP (Chaos - Death Guard) [60 PL, 899pts] ++

+ HQ +

Daemon Prince of Nurgle [9 PL, 180pts]: 4. Blades of Putrefaction, 6. Arch-Contaminator, Malefic talon, The Suppurating Plate, Warlord, Wings

+ Elites +

Blightlord Terminators [27 PL, 299pts]
. Blightlord Champion: Balesword, Combi-bolter
. Blightlord Terminator: Flail of Corruption
. Blightlord Terminator: Blight launcher, Bubotic Axe
. Blightlord Terminator: Bubotic Axe, Combi-bolter
. Blightlord Terminator: Bubotic Axe, Combi-bolter
. Blightlord Terminator: Bubotic Axe, Combi-bolter
. Blightlord Terminator: Bubotic Axe, Combi-bolter

+ Heavy Support +

Plagueburst Crawler [8 PL, 140pts]: 2x Plaguespitter, Heavy slugger

Plagueburst Crawler [8 PL, 140pts]: 2x Plaguespitter, Heavy slugger

Plagueburst Crawler [8 PL, 140pts]: 2x Plaguespitter, Heavy slugger

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Chaos - Daemons) [35 PL, 600pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Chaos Allegiance: Nurgle

+ HQ +

Poxbringer [4 PL, 70pts]: Miasma of Pestilence

Poxbringer [4 PL, 70pts]: Virulent Blessing

+ Troops +

Nurglings [3 PL, 54pts]: 3x Nurgling Swarms

Plaguebearers [12 PL, 203pts]: 28x Plaguebearer, Plagueridden

Plaguebearers [12 PL, 203pts]: 28x Plaguebearer, Plagueridden

++ Total: [95 PL, 1,499pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe (https://battlescribe.net)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/06/18 22:25:11


 
   
 
Forum Index » 40K Tactics
Go to: