Switch Theme:

Codex Tyranids Tactica: The Shadow Falls, The Hive Fleets Gather. Worlds Devoured  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut






KurtAngle2 wrote:
 Sim-Life wrote:
Super speedy but fragile Gorgon Genestealers or slightly slower super armored 3+ Jormungandr genestealers? Opinions?


Jormungandr sucks for a CQC army, best tactics are Behemoth/Hydra/Kraken for CQC in that order


I dont agree, i think it is highly dependent on many other factors.

Re-rolling Fail charges IS very strong, but i wouldnt say the best. Fallback and charge isnt good IMO for CC nid armies with Gants and its 6" consolidate, genestealers etc.. i would take this trait ever. Re-roll misses on the other hand for outnumbering is good.

You need to also look at the stratagems at the same time.

Stratagem: Hypertoxicity (1CP)
Use during the Fight Phase. Choose a Gorgon unit equipped with Toxin Sacs. The biomorph does 1 additional damage on To_Wound rolls <----Always good

Stratagem: Endless Swarm (2cp)**
Select a destroyed unit of Termagants, Hormsgaunts, Gargoyles, or any Hydra Infantry unit that has been completely destroyed. Add an identical unit to your army and set it up as reinforcements wholly within 6” of any board edge, and more than 9 inch from any enemy units <-----Do you need to pay Reinforcement points?

Stratagem: Opportunistic Advance (1CP)
Use in the Movement Phase. Choose a Kraken unit that does not have the Fly keyword. When Advancing you can double number you roll when determining how much to add to the unit's Movemnt characteristic <--- Good if footslugging


Im just saying, depeding on Stratagems, playstyle (DSing vs footslug) and other units in your army or detachment it will depend on what you need to take.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
There was a Clarification on IB (Instinctive Behavior)

"IB indeed has a -1 to hit Malus for shooting. BUT only if you aim at something that isn't the closest unit
Likewise it's -2 charge distance(I think) if you attempt to charge something that isn't the closest unit"

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2017/10/30 10:08:49


15k+
10k+
5k
:Harlequin: 3k

Reading/Writing LD, be kind!

https://maddpaint.blogspot.com 
   
Made in it
Regular Dakkanaut




 Amishprn86 wrote:
KurtAngle2 wrote:
 Sim-Life wrote:
Super speedy but fragile Gorgon Genestealers or slightly slower super armored 3+ Jormungandr genestealers? Opinions?


Jormungandr sucks for a CQC army, best tactics are Behemoth/Hydra/Kraken for CQC in that order


I dont agree, i think it is highly dependent on many other factors.

Re-rolling Fail charges IS very strong, but i wouldnt say the best. Fallback and charge isnt good IMO for CC nid armies with Gants and its 6" consolidate, genestealers etc.. i would take this trait ever. Re-roll misses on the other hand for outnumbering is good.

You need to also look at the stratagems at the same time.

Stratagem: Hypertoxicity (1CP)
Use during the Fight Phase. Choose a Gorgon unit equipped with Toxin Sacs. The biomorph does 1 additional damage on To_Wound rolls <----Always good

Stratagem: Endless Swarm (2cp)**
Select a destroyed unit of Termagants, Hormsgaunts, Gargoyles, or any Hydra Infantry unit that has been completely destroyed. Add an identical unit to your army and set it up as reinforcements wholly within 6” of any board edge, and more than 9 inch from any enemy units <-----Do you need to pay Reinforcement points?

Stratagem: Opportunistic Advance (1CP)
Use in the Movement Phase. Choose a Kraken unit that does not have the Fly keyword. When Advancing you can double number you roll when determining how much to add to the unit's Movemnt characteristic <--- Good if footslugging


Im just saying, depeding on Stratagems, playstyle (DSing vs footslug) and other units in your army or detachment it will depend on what you need to take.


Endless Swarm is terrible unfortunately, the Reinforcement rules are just not playable in current state so Hydra starts without a Stratagem, Kraken one does seem good but unless you're a Genestealer you're not really making any decent use out of Opportunistic Advance (and it has no real Sinergy with its Hive Fleet Tactic).

Hypertoxicity is just bad, you're not taking Toxin Sacs in the first place and even if you do you're paying a CP just add +1 on that rule (and you could just pay 3 CP to attack again and do much more damage)

 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut






There was a Clarification on IB (Instinctive Behavior)

"IB indeed has a -1 to hit Malus for shooting. BUT only if you aim at something that isn't the closest unit
Likewise it's -2 charge distance(I think) if you attempt to charge something that isn't the closest unit"

15k+
10k+
5k
:Harlequin: 3k

Reading/Writing LD, be kind!

https://maddpaint.blogspot.com 
   
Made in us
Huge Hierodule






Another round of updates added in. More relics, some points, Swarmlord appears to deal additional mortal wounds on 6s. Weapon costs. Thornback details.

   
Made in fr
Regular Dakkanaut





KurtAngle2 wrote:
 Amishprn86 wrote:
KurtAngle2 wrote:
 Sim-Life wrote:
Super speedy but fragile Gorgon Genestealers or slightly slower super armored 3+ Jormungandr genestealers? Opinions?


Jormungandr sucks for a CQC army, best tactics are Behemoth/Hydra/Kraken for CQC in that order


I dont agree, i think it is highly dependent on many other factors.

Re-rolling Fail charges IS very strong, but i wouldnt say the best. Fallback and charge isnt good IMO for CC nid armies with Gants and its 6" consolidate, genestealers etc.. i would take this trait ever. Re-roll misses on the other hand for outnumbering is good.

You need to also look at the stratagems at the same time.

Stratagem: Hypertoxicity (1CP)
Use during the Fight Phase. Choose a Gorgon unit equipped with Toxin Sacs. The biomorph does 1 additional damage on To_Wound rolls <----Always good

Stratagem: Endless Swarm (2cp)**
Select a destroyed unit of Termagants, Hormsgaunts, Gargoyles, or any Hydra Infantry unit that has been completely destroyed. Add an identical unit to your army and set it up as reinforcements wholly within 6” of any board edge, and more than 9 inch from any enemy units <-----Do you need to pay Reinforcement points?

Stratagem: Opportunistic Advance (1CP)
Use in the Movement Phase. Choose a Kraken unit that does not have the Fly keyword. When Advancing you can double number you roll when determining how much to add to the unit's Movemnt characteristic <--- Good if footslugging


Im just saying, depeding on Stratagems, playstyle (DSing vs footslug) and other units in your army or detachment it will depend on what you need to take.


Endless Swarm is terrible unfortunately, the Reinforcement rules are just not playable in current state so Hydra starts without a Stratagem, Kraken one does seem good but unless you're a Genestealer you're not really making any decent use out of Opportunistic Advance (and it has no real Sinergy with its Hive Fleet Tactic).

Hypertoxicity is just bad, you're not taking Toxin Sacs in the first place and even if you do you're paying a CP just add +1 on that rule (and you could just pay 3 CP to attack again and do much more damage)


Endless swarm is just bad, if you have to pay for points. Tide of Traitors from CSM does not have to, so why should we?
Opportunistic Advance can be very good in late game or maelstrom to get objectives.
Hypertoxicity really depends on how good tox sacs are. Maybe they will be quite cheap? Also some people on tournaments took them to get rid of Knights and such.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut






This is looking really good for nids, it has a large amount of alpha strike potential with a 2nd wave hit.

You can also do Shooty nids with Salamander Traits, Tfex, Hive Guards etc..

Sadly Harpies are still better than Crones, but at least crones are A4 over A2, since HVS got better it make that A4 buff to crones pointless.

I a little overloaded, as someone that can field 5 2k armies all completely different from each other all at once, IDK what i want to play lol.

Thats a really good thing.

15k+
10k+
5k
:Harlequin: 3k

Reading/Writing LD, be kind!

https://maddpaint.blogspot.com 
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut





I wonder what Synapse creature would be best to stick with a Tyrannofex gunline.

   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut






Malanthrope still, but Neurothrope are great as well b.c they can give out powers and are cheaper.

With Tfex gunline you want the Re-roll Fleet traits for sure, so some -1 to hits will still be needed.

But IMO i think Malanthrope still is best.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/10/30 10:40:23


15k+
10k+
5k
:Harlequin: 3k

Reading/Writing LD, be kind!

https://maddpaint.blogspot.com 
   
Made in us
Huge Hierodule






 dan2026 wrote:
I wonder what Synapse creature would be best to stick with a Tyrannofex gunline.



With what I have read so far I still don't think Tyrannofexes are the way to go. Their guns still don't have the range to be effective with their bonus rules. That being said, a brood of warriors with a biocannon looks to be fairly inexpensive and can add fire support at roughly the same range as the Exocrines.

   
Made in fr
Regular Dakkanaut





 Lance845 wrote:
 dan2026 wrote:
I wonder what Synapse creature would be best to stick with a Tyrannofex gunline.



With what I have read so far I still don't think Tyrannofexes are the way to go. Their guns still don't have the range to be effective with their bonus rules. That being said, a brood of warriors with a biocannon looks to be fairly inexpensive and can add fire support at roughly the same range as the Exocrines.


I think the 36 inch of the Capsule Cannon should be enough. Also 6 LasCan shoots on one model are not exactly terrible. I would play him....
Additionally, it is not know yet how good a normal venom cannon will be, right?
   
Made in us
Huge Hierodule






 Astmeister wrote:
 Lance845 wrote:
 dan2026 wrote:
I wonder what Synapse creature would be best to stick with a Tyrannofex gunline.



With what I have read so far I still don't think Tyrannofexes are the way to go. Their guns still don't have the range to be effective with their bonus rules. That being said, a brood of warriors with a biocannon looks to be fairly inexpensive and can add fire support at roughly the same range as the Exocrines.


I think the 36 inch of the Capsule Cannon should be enough. Also 6 LasCan shoots on one model are not exactly terrible. I would play him....
Additionally, it is not know yet how good a normal venom cannon will be, right?


We haven't hear of any boosts to the tyrannofexes stat line yet. If it's 6 shots at BS 4+ doing d6 dmg (averaging 3 hits and a potential 3-18 dmg (9-12ish average)) or you can have 12 shots at BS 3+ doing 2 dmg each. (Average 8 hits and a potential 16 dmg consistently) for less points then the Tyrannofexes.

   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut






Exocrines are amazing, they were before and are now even more so, they can shoot 2x and even +1 to wound now if you wanted too.

You dont move? 12 shots, oh! lets shoot 12 more times!


The HVC got a boost, the normal one stayed the same, but there is a Relic VC now (D6 shots, poison 2+, that can be a flamer also) and i'm assuming a Prime can take it, meaning he might be good to add also.

Spelling

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/10/30 11:00:40


15k+
10k+
5k
:Harlequin: 3k

Reading/Writing LD, be kind!

https://maddpaint.blogspot.com 
   
Made in fr
Regular Dakkanaut





 Lance845 wrote:
 Astmeister wrote:
 Lance845 wrote:
 dan2026 wrote:
I wonder what Synapse creature would be best to stick with a Tyrannofex gunline.



With what I have read so far I still don't think Tyrannofexes are the way to go. Their guns still don't have the range to be effective with their bonus rules. That being said, a brood of warriors with a biocannon looks to be fairly inexpensive and can add fire support at roughly the same range as the Exocrines.


I think the 36 inch of the Capsule Cannon should be enough. Also 6 LasCan shoots on one model are not exactly terrible. I would play him....
Additionally, it is not know yet how good a normal venom cannon will be, right?


We haven't hear of any boosts to the tyrannofexes stat line yet. If it's 6 shots at BS 4+ doing d6 dmg (averaging 3 hits and a potential 3-18 dmg (9-12ish average)) or you can have 12 shots at BS 3+ doing 2 dmg each. (Average 8 hits and a potential 16 dmg consistently) for less points then the Tyrannofexes.


Well the Capsule Cannon will be better against T8 models, something the shooting of Tyranids is lacking. Also you can reroll the damage results via a cp, which has a potentially devastating effect. Since I love HVC, I will team them with the T-Fex and the capsule cannon.
   
Made in us
Huge Hierodule






Cool. Play what you enjoy. Was just pointing out that I am not entirely sure they fixed the Tfex yet. I am hoping there is something there I am not seeing so that Tfex and Exocrines serve similar but situationally better roles. But at the moment I think exocrines still just outclass them point for point.

   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut






What a Capsule Cannon? I play nids for years and never heard that before.

Edit: I agree with Lance845, Exocrine so far is still better IMO but the Tfex is BETTER than it was, with the re-roll 1 miss and 1 wound trait and 3 shots compare to 2 (well with something like a 25% chance to shoot 2 more) its over all better, play it if you like, we wont really know till its on the table a couple times.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2017/10/30 11:11:33


15k+
10k+
5k
:Harlequin: 3k

Reading/Writing LD, be kind!

https://maddpaint.blogspot.com 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Connecticut

 Astmeister wrote:
KurtAngle2 wrote:
 Amishprn86 wrote:
KurtAngle2 wrote:
 Sim-Life wrote:
Super speedy but fragile Gorgon Genestealers or slightly slower super armored 3+ Jormungandr genestealers? Opinions?


Jormungandr sucks for a CQC army, best tactics are Behemoth/Hydra/Kraken for CQC in that order


I dont agree, i think it is highly dependent on many other factors.

Re-rolling Fail charges IS very strong, but i wouldnt say the best. Fallback and charge isnt good IMO for CC nid armies with Gants and its 6" consolidate, genestealers etc.. i would take this trait ever. Re-roll misses on the other hand for outnumbering is good.

You need to also look at the stratagems at the same time.

Stratagem: Hypertoxicity (1CP)
Use during the Fight Phase. Choose a Gorgon unit equipped with Toxin Sacs. The biomorph does 1 additional damage on To_Wound rolls <----Always good

Stratagem: Endless Swarm (2cp)**
Select a destroyed unit of Termagants, Hormsgaunts, Gargoyles, or any Hydra Infantry unit that has been completely destroyed. Add an identical unit to your army and set it up as reinforcements wholly within 6” of any board edge, and more than 9 inch from any enemy units <-----Do you need to pay Reinforcement points?

Stratagem: Opportunistic Advance (1CP)
Use in the Movement Phase. Choose a Kraken unit that does not have the Fly keyword. When Advancing you can double number you roll when determining how much to add to the unit's Movemnt characteristic <--- Good if footslugging


Im just saying, depeding on Stratagems, playstyle (DSing vs footslug) and other units in your army or detachment it will depend on what you need to take.


Endless Swarm is terrible unfortunately, the Reinforcement rules are just not playable in current state so Hydra starts without a Stratagem, Kraken one does seem good but unless you're a Genestealer you're not really making any decent use out of Opportunistic Advance (and it has no real Sinergy with its Hive Fleet Tactic).

Hypertoxicity is just bad, you're not taking Toxin Sacs in the first place and even if you do you're paying a CP just add +1 on that rule (and you could just pay 3 CP to attack again and do much more damage)


Endless swarm is just bad, if you have to pay for points. Tide of Traitors from CSM does not have to, so why should we?
Opportunistic Advance can be very good in late game or maelstrom to get objectives.
Hypertoxicity really depends on how good tox sacs are. Maybe they will be quite cheap? Also some people on tournaments took them to get rid of Knights and such.


The reason it costs points is super simple.

Reinforcement Points states: new units = Points
Adding to an existing unit = no points.

Thousands upon Thousands of Tzeentch points.
I am Alpharius.

 Purifier wrote:
Using your rules isn't being a dick.
 
   
Made in us
Huge Hierodule






 Amishprn86 wrote:
What a Capsule Cannon? I play nids for years and never heard that before.

Edit: I agree with Lance845, Exocrine so far is still better IMO but the Tfex is BETTER than it was, with the re-roll 1 miss and 1 wound trait and 3 shots compare to 2 (well with something like a 25% chance to shoot 2 more) its over all better, play it if you like, we wont really know till its on the table a couple times.


I assume he means rupture cannon. Might be a translation thing.

   
Made in it
Regular Dakkanaut




 Cephalobeard wrote:
 Astmeister wrote:
KurtAngle2 wrote:
 Amishprn86 wrote:
KurtAngle2 wrote:
 Sim-Life wrote:
Super speedy but fragile Gorgon Genestealers or slightly slower super armored 3+ Jormungandr genestealers? Opinions?


Jormungandr sucks for a CQC army, best tactics are Behemoth/Hydra/Kraken for CQC in that order


I dont agree, i think it is highly dependent on many other factors.

Re-rolling Fail charges IS very strong, but i wouldnt say the best. Fallback and charge isnt good IMO for CC nid armies with Gants and its 6" consolidate, genestealers etc.. i would take this trait ever. Re-roll misses on the other hand for outnumbering is good.

You need to also look at the stratagems at the same time.

Stratagem: Hypertoxicity (1CP)
Use during the Fight Phase. Choose a Gorgon unit equipped with Toxin Sacs. The biomorph does 1 additional damage on To_Wound rolls <----Always good

Stratagem: Endless Swarm (2cp)**
Select a destroyed unit of Termagants, Hormsgaunts, Gargoyles, or any Hydra Infantry unit that has been completely destroyed. Add an identical unit to your army and set it up as reinforcements wholly within 6” of any board edge, and more than 9 inch from any enemy units <-----Do you need to pay Reinforcement points?

Stratagem: Opportunistic Advance (1CP)
Use in the Movement Phase. Choose a Kraken unit that does not have the Fly keyword. When Advancing you can double number you roll when determining how much to add to the unit's Movemnt characteristic <--- Good if footslugging


Im just saying, depeding on Stratagems, playstyle (DSing vs footslug) and other units in your army or detachment it will depend on what you need to take.


Endless Swarm is terrible unfortunately, the Reinforcement rules are just not playable in current state so Hydra starts without a Stratagem, Kraken one does seem good but unless you're a Genestealer you're not really making any decent use out of Opportunistic Advance (and it has no real Sinergy with its Hive Fleet Tactic).

Hypertoxicity is just bad, you're not taking Toxin Sacs in the first place and even if you do you're paying a CP just add +1 on that rule (and you could just pay 3 CP to attack again and do much more damage)


Endless swarm is just bad, if you have to pay for points. Tide of Traitors from CSM does not have to, so why should we?
Opportunistic Advance can be very good in late game or maelstrom to get objectives.
Hypertoxicity really depends on how good tox sacs are. Maybe they will be quite cheap? Also some people on tournaments took them to get rid of Knights and such.


The reason it costs points is super simple.

Reinforcement Points states: new units = Points
Adding to an existing unit = no points.


Tide of Traitors
Use this Stratagem at the end of your Movement phase. If
you do, pick a unit of Chaos Cultists and remove it from
the battlefield. You can then set it up again wholly within
6" of the edge of the battlefield and more than 9" from any
enemy models, at its full starting strength.

Endless Swarm
Select a destroyed unit of gants, horms, garg or any hydra inf unit that has been completely destroyted. Add an identical unit to your army and set it up as reinforcement wholly 6inch of any board edge , more than 9 inch from enemy


Tide of Traitors is Endless Swarm made FUNCTIONAL and BETTER, that's the problem. Whilst tecnically the gants unit is "a new one" Tide of Traitors just works as if it were another unit of Cultists (you can remove them whenever you want and wherever they are; on the other hand gants have to DIE FIRST and then you have to allocate the same points costs for the same unit that could have started the game on the field)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/10/30 11:20:41


 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut






AH that makes since lol, i thought for a sec i missed an updated weapon to the Tfex.

15k+
10k+
5k
:Harlequin: 3k

Reading/Writing LD, be kind!

https://maddpaint.blogspot.com 
   
Made in us
Huge Hierodule






KurtAngle2 wrote:
 Cephalobeard wrote:
 Astmeister wrote:
KurtAngle2 wrote:
 Amishprn86 wrote:
KurtAngle2 wrote:
 Sim-Life wrote:
Super speedy but fragile Gorgon Genestealers or slightly slower super armored 3+ Jormungandr genestealers? Opinions?


Jormungandr sucks for a CQC army, best tactics are Behemoth/Hydra/Kraken for CQC in that order


I dont agree, i think it is highly dependent on many other factors.

Re-rolling Fail charges IS very strong, but i wouldnt say the best. Fallback and charge isnt good IMO for CC nid armies with Gants and its 6" consolidate, genestealers etc.. i would take this trait ever. Re-roll misses on the other hand for outnumbering is good.

You need to also look at the stratagems at the same time.

Stratagem: Hypertoxicity (1CP)
Use during the Fight Phase. Choose a Gorgon unit equipped with Toxin Sacs. The biomorph does 1 additional damage on To_Wound rolls <----Always good

Stratagem: Endless Swarm (2cp)**
Select a destroyed unit of Termagants, Hormsgaunts, Gargoyles, or any Hydra Infantry unit that has been completely destroyed. Add an identical unit to your army and set it up as reinforcements wholly within 6” of any board edge, and more than 9 inch from any enemy units <-----Do you need to pay Reinforcement points?

Stratagem: Opportunistic Advance (1CP)
Use in the Movement Phase. Choose a Kraken unit that does not have the Fly keyword. When Advancing you can double number you roll when determining how much to add to the unit's Movemnt characteristic <--- Good if footslugging


Im just saying, depeding on Stratagems, playstyle (DSing vs footslug) and other units in your army or detachment it will depend on what you need to take.


Endless Swarm is terrible unfortunately, the Reinforcement rules are just not playable in current state so Hydra starts without a Stratagem, Kraken one does seem good but unless you're a Genestealer you're not really making any decent use out of Opportunistic Advance (and it has no real Sinergy with its Hive Fleet Tactic).

Hypertoxicity is just bad, you're not taking Toxin Sacs in the first place and even if you do you're paying a CP just add +1 on that rule (and you could just pay 3 CP to attack again and do much more damage)


Endless swarm is just bad, if you have to pay for points. Tide of Traitors from CSM does not have to, so why should we?
Opportunistic Advance can be very good in late game or maelstrom to get objectives.
Hypertoxicity really depends on how good tox sacs are. Maybe they will be quite cheap? Also some people on tournaments took them to get rid of Knights and such.


The reason it costs points is super simple.

Reinforcement Points states: new units = Points
Adding to an existing unit = no points.


Tide of Traitors
Use this Stratagem at the end of your Movement phase. If
you do, pick a unit of Chaos Cultists and remove it from
the battlefield. You can then set it up again wholly within
6" of the edge of the battlefield and more than 9" from any
enemy models, at its full starting strength.

Endless Swarm
Select a destroyed unit of gants, horms, garg or any hydra inf unit that has been completely destroyted. Add an identical unit to your army and set it up as reinforcement wholly 6inch of any board edge , more than 9 inch from enemy


Tide of Traitors is Endless Swarm made FUNCTIONAL and BETTER, that's the problem. Whilst tecnically the gants unit is "a new one" Tide of Traitors just works as if it were another unit of Cultists (you can remove them whenever you want and wherever they are; on the other hand gants have to DIE FIRST and then you have to allocate the same points costs for the same unit that could have started the game on the field)


If it's true that Endless swarm works the way the rumors say it does I expect it will get Errata/FAQed to either specifically not cost points or to match the wording of ToT. As stated, it's basically useless the way it is.

   
Made in ie
Sister Vastly Superior





I don't know why people think Behemoth is so good. I've NEVER failed a charge as Nids. But then I generally don't attempt charges more then 9" away unless its hormagaunts and I can afford to lose some.

 
   
Made in it
Regular Dakkanaut




 Sim-Life wrote:
I don't know why people think Behemoth is so good. I've NEVER failed a charge as Nids. But then I generally don't attempt charges more then 9" away unless its hormagaunts and I can afford to lose some.


The stratagem is great for gribblies

 
   
Made in ie
Sister Vastly Superior





KurtAngle2 wrote:
 Sim-Life wrote:
I don't know why people think Behemoth is so good. I've NEVER failed a charge as Nids. But then I generally don't attempt charges more then 9" away unless its hormagaunts and I can afford to lose some.


The stratagem is great for gribblies


I know but what I'm saying is I don't attempt long charges and generally try to engineer a situation wherein I'm 7" away or so before charging. I dunno, maybe it's the Warmachine player in me but I don't go for Hail Mary charges unless something is already engaged.

Edit: Sorry, tired. I'm not hugely gone on the stratagem either. It seems fairly situational but then I think we have better stratagems to pay for.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/10/30 11:44:18


 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut






KurtAngle2 wrote:
 Sim-Life wrote:
I don't know why people think Behemoth is so good. I've NEVER failed a charge as Nids. But then I generally don't attempt charges more then 9" away unless its hormagaunts and I can afford to lose some.


The stratagem is great for gribblies


Yeah this, I'm 100% sure i'm going to have 3 different Detachments with 3 different fleets lol

15k+
10k+
5k
:Harlequin: 3k

Reading/Writing LD, be kind!

https://maddpaint.blogspot.com 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Connecticut

It won't be changed to match the CSM one. Am has the exact same thing and it was clarified to COST points.

It's infinitely easier to be able to just throw a unit away and let it die, compared to having to keep it alive to use the ability.

Thousands upon Thousands of Tzeentch points.
I am Alpharius.

 Purifier wrote:
Using your rules isn't being a dick.
 
   
Made in it
Regular Dakkanaut




 Cephalobeard wrote:
It won't be changed to match the CSM one. Am has the exact same thing and it was clarified to COST points.

It's infinitely easier to be able to just throw a unit away and let it die, compared to having to keep it alive to use the ability.


You're not forced to use the CPs preventively like Reinforcements points. You're not at a disadvantage for not using Tide of Traitors; meanwhile you're playing with x less points when building around Endless Swarm.
If you can't understand this you are not worthy any tactical annotation

 
   
Made in us
Huge Hierodule






 Cephalobeard wrote:
It won't be changed to match the CSM one. Am has the exact same thing and it was clarified to COST points.

It's infinitely easier to be able to just throw a unit away and let it die, compared to having to keep it alive to use the ability.


astra militarium or ad mech? Also name of the strategem?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/10/30 11:48:02


   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut






But as it stands no one will use Endlesswarm if it cost Reinforcement Points.

Why spend CP to have an Outflanking gant unit only after another gant unit dies? When i could just have the same CP to DS it where and when ever i wanted?

Edit: also if you dont have the CP left you dont get to use your Reinforcement Points, this should be a free trait just for the army if its Reinforcement Points.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/10/30 11:49:57


15k+
10k+
5k
:Harlequin: 3k

Reading/Writing LD, be kind!

https://maddpaint.blogspot.com 
   
Made in it
Regular Dakkanaut




 Amishprn86 wrote:
But as it stands no one will use Endlesswarm if it cost Reinforcement Points.

Why spend CP to have an Outflanking gant unit only after another gant unit dies? When i could just have the same CP to DS it where and when ever i wanted?


Meanwhile with x less points you're missing even more pressure coming from such an additional unit

 
   
Made in us
Huge Hierodule







   
 
Forum Index » 40K Tactics
Go to: