Switch Theme:

Psychic Awakening N&R - New trailer page 106  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in eu
Waaagh! Ork Warboss on Warbike





 AlmightyWalrus wrote:
I'm kinda worried over BTs super-doctrine, whatever it may be, now. It'd be weird if BT got a super-doctrine in PA while Chaos got nothing equivalent.

On the other hand, this is an excellent opportunity to make BT mechanically different: there is no reason why BT would use the Codex Astartes doctrines when their entire shtick is that they don't follow the Codex. Dropping Doctrines alltogether for BT and giving them something else would emphasise this, while also making the game more diverse.


Bringing back the vows would be awesome.

 Daedalus81 wrote:
SemperMortis wrote:
Yes, because everyone lines up on the deployment line when facing off against orkz, especially when said orkz are fielding 3 Bonebreakers...which rely exclusively on getting into CC to inflict any kind of actual harm. All of your arguments rely upon your opponent being a brain dead muppet who just lets you maul him.


Yea...that's called board control.
 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut




tneva82 wrote:
Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
 Irbis wrote:
 Jidmah wrote:
If all your posts consist of this amount of personal attacks for the sole reasons of not having any better arguments, I'm quite happy not never read a response from you ever again.

Funny, because the only one dropping any in the last two pages is you. As for learning to read, I like how you (again) conveniently forgot GK and DW exist in multiple posts, even after they were pointed out to you several times. Maybe you should actually read those? Oh, and if all you can muster in response to the fact DG got vastly more than anyone else this edition is (utterly laughable and farcical) argument that DW and GK can always ally marines and IG in, thus don't need any updates, then you should just ally the stuff DG ""lost"" (never mind getting much better equivalents, we don't want to spoil the narrative, eh?) and maybe actually look up better arguments or something?

Just ally in what Death Guard lost?
So just ally in the Obliterators, Bikers, Raptors, Heldrakes, Havocs, and Maulerfiends I was using? The things that made up a majority of my list before?

No, the Death Guard "release" was fething awful. They lost way more than they gained.

Also "much better equivalents"? Are you high?


Well if his argument is DW and GK can ally IG then either you factor in DG can ally with everything in chaos or you admit you are dishonest. Factoring in ally with one side but not the other? That's dishonest argument if there ever was. DG has tons of ally options. Ignoring them while claiming it's okay for DW and GK to ally shows you aren't even trying to argue with facts. You are just wanting "me want everything, me speshul!"

Allies should be compliments, not crutches.

Ergo I do believe there is design issues with Grey Knights and Deathwatch, but at the latter is below mediocre pure.

Still not good enough though.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Latro_ wrote:
Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
 Latro_ wrote:
Slayer-Fan123 wrote:

No, the Death Guard "release" was fething awful. They lost way more than they gained.

Also "much better equivalents"? Are you high?


What..
I have a massive DG army they gained blight units, pox walkers, morty and plague burst crawlers, plague surgeons, several other character units, and entire codex full of rules and strats and a massive revamped range of models!

I like you had loads of nurgle oblits, when i run them i put them in a purge spearhead... they dont benifit much from DG legion traits anyway...
Plus GW have a history of changing armies so you can't use specific units or change them up a bit, if you'v been in this hobby for more than 2 years you should be used to it.

I also have a massive world eaters army and for this kinda DG talk dominating this thread when they have actually had 'DI*K' all in years and this book might have some cool rules is madness.

edit: my apologies, we got a new kharne model!

IF GW suddenly dropped codex World Eaters with a bucket of new kits, new rules, strats, characters but they removed havocs, raptors a bunch of other units and terminators were now called blood slappers i'd take it in a pinch. Know what i'd do if i really wanted to use those units, i'd take a brazen beasts side detachment.

AND (full rant mode)
you can use all those units you love, imagine code DG never existed or the Index... before it did you had the normal codex just use that! Like it's 2ed its fine right? But you wont because you like your blight grenade spam strats, and all the other juciy DG rules. You cannot have everything.

They already HAD Poxwalkers, with the only difference is not needing Typhus (but you're still obligated to take him anyway for the buff!), and one of the Terminator units. Then you talk about all these Character models given...but they're all just fething bad. Seriously.


Yea Biologus Putrifier and unit of PMs with 1cp dishing out 10 d6 s4 2dmg 6's to wound do mortals, re-rolling 1's is terrible, he's the worse character since Fabius bile

Actually yeah he is garbage. Remind me again the cost of everything together including the transport for them all.

I run Primaris a lot and I'm still not scared of that, which is amazing because that should be the preferred target.
Wanna talk to me next how awesome it is to gain a CP unreliably?

Soooooooooo worth losing all the units they've had since 4th edition! White knighting at its finest.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/11/06 16:50:01


CaptainStabby wrote:
If Tyberos falls and needs to catch himself it's because the ground needed killing.

 jy2 wrote:
BTW, I can't wait to run Double-D-thirsters! Man, just thinking about it gets me Khorney.

 vipoid wrote:
Indeed - what sort of bastard would want to use their codex?

 MarsNZ wrote:
ITT: SoB players upset that they're receiving the same condescending treatment that they've doled out in every CSM thread ever.
 
   
Made in gb
Possessed Khorne Marine Covered in Spikes




Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
Spoiler:
tneva82 wrote:
Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
 Irbis wrote:
 Jidmah wrote:
If all your posts consist of this amount of personal attacks for the sole reasons of not having any better arguments, I'm quite happy not never read a response from you ever again.

Funny, because the only one dropping any in the last two pages is you. As for learning to read, I like how you (again) conveniently forgot GK and DW exist in multiple posts, even after they were pointed out to you several times. Maybe you should actually read those? Oh, and if all you can muster in response to the fact DG got vastly more than anyone else this edition is (utterly laughable and farcical) argument that DW and GK can always ally marines and IG in, thus don't need any updates, then you should just ally the stuff DG ""lost"" (never mind getting much better equivalents, we don't want to spoil the narrative, eh?) and maybe actually look up better arguments or something?

Just ally in what Death Guard lost?
So just ally in the Obliterators, Bikers, Raptors, Heldrakes, Havocs, and Maulerfiends I was using? The things that made up a majority of my list before?

No, the Death Guard "release" was fething awful. They lost way more than they gained.

Also "much better equivalents"? Are you high?


Well if his argument is DW and GK can ally IG then either you factor in DG can ally with everything in chaos or you admit you are dishonest. Factoring in ally with one side but not the other? That's dishonest argument if there ever was. DG has tons of ally options. Ignoring them while claiming it's okay for DW and GK to ally shows you aren't even trying to argue with facts. You are just wanting "me want everything, me speshul!"

Allies should be compliments, not crutches.

Ergo I do believe there is design issues with Grey Knights and Deathwatch, but at the latter is below mediocre pure.

Still not good enough though.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Latro_ wrote:
Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
 Latro_ wrote:
Slayer-Fan123 wrote:

No, the Death Guard "release" was fething awful. They lost way more than they gained.

Also "much better equivalents"? Are you high?


What..
I have a massive DG army they gained blight units, pox walkers, morty and plague burst crawlers, plague surgeons, several other character units, and entire codex full of rules and strats and a massive revamped range of models!

I like you had loads of nurgle oblits, when i run them i put them in a purge spearhead... they dont benifit much from DG legion traits anyway...
Plus GW have a history of changing armies so you can't use specific units or change them up a bit, if you'v been in this hobby for more than 2 years you should be used to it.

I also have a massive world eaters army and for this kinda DG talk dominating this thread when they have actually had 'DI*K' all in years and this book might have some cool rules is madness.

edit: my apologies, we got a new kharne model!

IF GW suddenly dropped codex World Eaters with a bucket of new kits, new rules, strats, characters but they removed havocs, raptors a bunch of other units and terminators were now called blood slappers i'd take it in a pinch. Know what i'd do if i really wanted to use those units, i'd take a brazen beasts side detachment.

AND (full rant mode)
you can use all those units you love, imagine code DG never existed or the Index... before it did you had the normal codex just use that! Like it's 2ed its fine right? But you wont because you like your blight grenade spam strats, and all the other juciy DG rules. You cannot have everything.

They already HAD Poxwalkers, with the only difference is not needing Typhus (but you're still obligated to take him anyway for the buff!), and one of the Terminator units. Then you talk about all these Character models given...but they're all just fething bad. Seriously.


Yea Biologus Putrifier and unit of PMs with 1cp dishing out 10 d6 s4 2dmg 6's to wound do mortals, re-rolling 1's is terrible, he's the worse character since Fabius bile

Actually yeah he is garbage. Remind me again the cost of everything together including the transport for them all.

I run Primaris a lot and I'm still not scared of that, which is amazing because that should be the preferred target.
Wanna talk to me next how awesome it is to gain a CP unreliably?


Soooooooooo worth losing all the units they've had since 4th edition! White knighting at its finest.


It's been discussed, mods have said to leave it, stop hurling pointless titles/terms at people. I've made a thread in general for people to vent into instead.

On topic, I agree with the concerns over black templars now, itll be a direct comparison to the legion content in the same book and one of the 2 will likely walk away feeling short changed when it's in direct contrast.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/11/06 17:44:53


 
   
Made in it
Sneaky Sniper Drone





 AlmightyWalrus wrote:
I'm kinda worried over BTs super-doctrine, whatever it may be, now. It'd be weird if BT got a super-doctrine in PA while Chaos got nothing equivalent.

On the other hand, this is an excellent opportunity to make BT mechanically different: there is no reason why BT would use the Codex Astartes doctrines when their entire shtick is that they don't follow the Codex. Dropping Doctrines alltogether for BT and giving them something else would emphasise this, while also making the game more diverse.

According to the (so far 100% correct) rumours, the BT super-doctrine is going to be: "when in Assault Doctrine, every natural 6 to hit automatically wounds". Same source also said that CSM won't get any doctrine-like mechanic but just a page of WT, relics and strats for each CSM legion in the book. The legion traits won't be touched and still won't affect vehicles.


 
   
Made in se
Ferocious Black Templar Castellan






Sweden

That's...

I hesitate to say "rubbish", because it at least does something unlike WBs Legion Tactic, but man it's not much. Other stuff like the rumored relic letting a unit count as being in assault doctrine could help, and good Stratagems might ameliorate a weak-ish super-doctrine, but man that's weaksauce, especially when as stated it'd be a perfect opportunity to bring Vows back.

For thirteen years I had a dog with fur the darkest black. For thirteen years he was my friend, oh how I want him back. 
   
Made in ca
Courageous Space Marine Captain





don't expect them to replace doctrines with something else, BTs are, after all, still codex space marines.

Ultimately the power of an Inquisitor extends as far as he can make it extend 
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




They will save the doctrines for the Codex for all the other armies.

But if done right, WT,Relics, and strats can be enough to give the right flavor and power.

Imagine Alpha Legion with the RavenGuard warlord trait allowing a infantry unit and HQ unit to infiltrate, or WorldEaters with a strat that gives +2 to the charge for the whole army for 2/3 CP.

If GW does the same job for the legions as they did for loyalist chapters then it will be a huge buff.
   
Made in ch
Anointed Dark Priest of Chaos





demontalons wrote:
They will save the doctrines for the Codex for all the other armies.

But if done right, WT,Relics, and strats can be enough to give the right flavor and power.

Imagine Alpha Legion with the RavenGuard warlord trait allowing a infantry unit and HQ unit to infiltrate, or WorldEaters with a strat that gives +2 to the charge for the whole army for 2/3 CP.

If GW does the same job for the legions as they did for loyalist chapters then it will be a huge buff.


And still does nothing due too still paying spike tax.

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/766717.page

A Mostly Renegades and Heretics blog.
_______________________________

Who would win:
10'000 + years of veterancy, or some raidy Boys?
(Not Online in regards to the new Red Corsair battalion CP boost.) 
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran




People are still under the impression that other factions will get their own supplements and doctrines etc. Maybe we'll see it for Chaos come January (at least from what I've heard in the pipeline), but not a chance for any xenos races. I think we're more likely to see a reboot of the edition in the summer than we are to see supplements for anything not wearing power armour this edition.
   
Made in ca
Courageous Space Marine Captain





I think it's worth noting that the latest tourny victory list I saw was a combined RG/IF army, so eaither the guy was "in error" (ohh let's be realistic, was cheating) or he decided that the benifits gained from running a mixed force outweighed the benifits of a super doctrine

Ultimately the power of an Inquisitor extends as far as he can make it extend 
   
Made in eu
Waaagh! Ork Warboss on Warbike





BrianDavion wrote:
I think it's worth noting that the latest tourny victory list I saw was a combined RG/IF army, so eaither the guy was "in error" (ohh let's be realistic, was cheating) or he decided that the benifits gained from running a mixed force outweighed the benifits of a super doctrine


OR, it's an actually decision, making soup and pure armies operate on the same level, as intended. To be fair, the RG super-doctrine doesn't sound too hot to me.

 Daedalus81 wrote:
SemperMortis wrote:
Yes, because everyone lines up on the deployment line when facing off against orkz, especially when said orkz are fielding 3 Bonebreakers...which rely exclusively on getting into CC to inflict any kind of actual harm. All of your arguments rely upon your opponent being a brain dead muppet who just lets you maul him.


Yea...that's called board control.
 
   
Made in ca
Courageous Space Marine Captain





 Jidmah wrote:
BrianDavion wrote:
I think it's worth noting that the latest tourny victory list I saw was a combined RG/IF army, so eaither the guy was "in error" (ohh let's be realistic, was cheating) or he decided that the benifits gained from running a mixed force outweighed the benifits of a super doctrine


OR, it's an actually decision, making soup and pure armies operate on the same level, as intended. To be fair, the RG super-doctrine doesn't sound too hot to me.


Maybe but the point is that as you said it's a decision, worth noting given the mass hysterics some people have had about it

Ultimately the power of an Inquisitor extends as far as he can make it extend 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





The RG Super Doctrine really depends on the game, your chosen tactical approach, and the opponent. If your entire focus of RG is to get everything up front and personal to smash Turn 1 (plus benefit from IF in Dev doctrine), then yes, waiting until Turn 2 to go Tactical doesn't mean anything and you can ignore the super doc. However, if you have a significant reserve and have more emphasis on making use of the Tactical doctrine, it's really good in an environment with lots of characters (knights, TF cannons, buffing characters, etc).
   
Made in eu
Waaagh! Ork Warboss on Warbike





BrianDavion wrote:
 Jidmah wrote:
BrianDavion wrote:
I think it's worth noting that the latest tourny victory list I saw was a combined RG/IF army, so eaither the guy was "in error" (ohh let's be realistic, was cheating) or he decided that the benifits gained from running a mixed force outweighed the benifits of a super doctrine


OR, it's an actually decision, making soup and pure armies operate on the same level, as intended. To be fair, the RG super-doctrine doesn't sound too hot to me.


Maybe but the point is that as you said it's a decision, worth noting given the mass hysterics some people have had about it


I think people want a "super doctrine" or comparable thing for their chaos legion because they want to have that decision too. Right now it's just "why on earth wouldn't you want to ally in daemons?".
Also, many people play mono-codex anyways, so super doctrine would just mean gaining power for their army.

 Daedalus81 wrote:
SemperMortis wrote:
Yes, because everyone lines up on the deployment line when facing off against orkz, especially when said orkz are fielding 3 Bonebreakers...which rely exclusively on getting into CC to inflict any kind of actual harm. All of your arguments rely upon your opponent being a brain dead muppet who just lets you maul him.


Yea...that's called board control.
 
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




Darsath wrote:
People are still under the impression that other factions will get their own supplements and doctrines etc. Maybe we'll see it for Chaos come January (at least from what I've heard in the pipeline), but not a chance for any xenos races. I think we're more likely to see a reboot of the edition in the summer than we are to see supplements for anything not wearing power armour this edition.

Are you saying that csm may get supplements a month after all the codex legions get new rules in pa2? I doubt that. What csm get in pa2 is all we'll be getting for a while except for ca and that will probably just be points adjustments.

Agreed that it doesn't look like xenos will be getting anything significant from pa judging from what eldar got in pr.

Which is a shame as they need to catch up to the loyalists as well. Even the filthy tau.
   
Made in gb
Wight Lord with the Sword of Kings






UK

Darsath wrote:
People are still under the impression that other factions will get their own supplements and doctrines etc. Maybe we'll see it for Chaos come January (at least from what I've heard in the pipeline), but not a chance for any xenos races. I think we're more likely to see a reboot of the edition in the summer than we are to see supplements for anything not wearing power armour this edition.


Potentially a good incdicator will be the nearer and forthcoming Sisters dex - do non Marine armies get all the goodies - or not.

"Unimaginably ancient xenos artefact somewhere on the planet, hive fleet poised above our heads, hidden 'stealer broods making an early start....and now a bloody Chaos cult crawling out of the woodwork just in case we were bored. Welcome to my world, Ciaphas."
Inquisitor Amberley Vail, Ordo Xenos

"I will admit that some Primachs like Russ or Horus could have a chance against an unarmed 12 year old novice but, a full Battle Sister??!! One to one? In close combat? Perhaps three Primarchs fighting together... but just one Primarch?" da001

www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/528517.page

A Bloody Road - my Warhammer Fantasy Fiction 
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




Texas

BrianDavion wrote:
don't expect them to replace doctrines with something else, BTs are, after all, still codex space marines.


But, they really aren't. Yes, they get looped into the Codex, but they don't follow the codex in the slightest. This would be the time to really enable BT to have their different style stand out. Hell, as it stands, by the book my tac marines in the Crusader Squad are still 13 points last time I checked.

No Pity! No Remorse! No fear! 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut




 Karthicus wrote:
BrianDavion wrote:
don't expect them to replace doctrines with something else, BTs are, after all, still codex space marines.


But, they really aren't. Yes, they get looped into the Codex, but they don't follow the codex in the slightest. This would be the time to really enable BT to have their different style stand out. Hell, as it stands, by the book my tac marines in the Crusader Squad are still 13 points last time I checked.

Crusader squads need extra rules instead of just being "oh sure just take both your special and heavy and switch everyone else to Chainswords". It's very lazy and uninspired.

CaptainStabby wrote:
If Tyberos falls and needs to catch himself it's because the ground needed killing.

 jy2 wrote:
BTW, I can't wait to run Double-D-thirsters! Man, just thinking about it gets me Khorney.

 vipoid wrote:
Indeed - what sort of bastard would want to use their codex?

 MarsNZ wrote:
ITT: SoB players upset that they're receiving the same condescending treatment that they've doled out in every CSM thread ever.
 
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




Texas

Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
 Karthicus wrote:
BrianDavion wrote:
don't expect them to replace doctrines with something else, BTs are, after all, still codex space marines.


But, they really aren't. Yes, they get looped into the Codex, but they don't follow the codex in the slightest. This would be the time to really enable BT to have their different style stand out. Hell, as it stands, by the book my tac marines in the Crusader Squad are still 13 points last time I checked.

Crusader squads need extra rules instead of just being "oh sure just take both your special and heavy and switch everyone else to Chainswords". It's very lazy and uninspired.


I wouldn't argue against it. There is room for improvement with the current setup.

No Pity! No Remorse! No fear! 
   
Made in us
VF-1S Valkyrie Squadron Commander





Mississippi

 CthuluIsSpy wrote:
Sgt. Cortez wrote:
the_scotsman wrote:
demontalons wrote:
I doubt the chaos legions get super doctrines like loyalists. They will most likely save that for chaos codex 3.0.
However if they chose to do so it wouldn’t take much to say “if your army is completely alpha legion, then gain bla bla.

That being said even if they don’t give out super doctrines then 2 pages of good strats, good relics and good psychic powers/prayers (as they should do for word bearers and world eaters) could go a long way to making the legions fun to play with again.




First chaos marine armies perform RAGE BLASTER doctrine, -1ap to heavy
Then they enter BOLT DESTRUCTINATOR doctrine, -1ap to bolted
Finally it's time for MAIM ANNIHILATION STRIKE doctrine, -1ap to melee.


Nah, we are Chaos, we want to roll on a random table to see which bonus we get each round, planning is something for the lapdogs. 3of our 6 options will be CC based, as that's what we like to do most. Yes, Iron Warriors, too.


The table in question will have 66 options, and one of them will flat out wipe out the squad and replace them with spawn. Because chaos = randumb, Amirite?


On a roll of 66, roll an additional D6. On a roll of 6, the Warp opens up, swallowing both forces, resulting in a Chaos victory!

It never ends well 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut




That's only, what, .5% chance of happening? Totally fluffy and not broken!

CaptainStabby wrote:
If Tyberos falls and needs to catch himself it's because the ground needed killing.

 jy2 wrote:
BTW, I can't wait to run Double-D-thirsters! Man, just thinking about it gets me Khorney.

 vipoid wrote:
Indeed - what sort of bastard would want to use their codex?

 MarsNZ wrote:
ITT: SoB players upset that they're receiving the same condescending treatment that they've doled out in every CSM thread ever.
 
   
Made in us
VF-1S Valkyrie Squadron Commander





Mississippi

Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
That's only, what, .5% chance of happening? Totally fluffy and not broken!


Something like that (1:216). Until someone throws a reroll stratagem into the mix.

Warp Score —— Results
11 - The Warp Recedes: you lose 25% of your current force (round up) as it is sucked back into the warp. Add +10 to all future Warp results
12-15 - Wrath of Khorne: Khorne takes his tally of skulls. D3 of your units, chosen by your opponent, suffer D3 Mortal wounds. Add +1 to all future Warp results
16 - Danse Macarbe: Destroy one of your <Infantry> units. Replace the models with an equal number of poxwalkers
21-23 - Minor Warping: Choose one of your units. Remove the unit from the board and place it in the Warp in reserves. On any following turn, you may return the unit to the board at the end of the movement phase, more than 9” from any enemy unit
24-26 - Warp Speed:. Choose D3 of your units. If they advance or charge this turn, you may reroll the results of the advance or charge distance they move.
31 - Tithe of Chaos: you opponent chooses one of your units. That unit only Wounds on 6’s this turn
32 - Minor Gift of Nurgle:. Choose one unit. If the unit would lose any models, roll a D6. On a 3+ do not remove the model; leave it on the board with 1 wound.
33 - Minor Gift of Khorne: Choose one unit. After the unit fights in the fight phase, it may immediately fight again.
34 - Minor Gift of Slaanesh:. Choose one friendly unit and one enemy unit within 6” of each other. Deal the friendly unit D3 Mortal wounds. The enemy unit takes double the number of Mortal Wounds.
35 - Minor Gift of Tzeench: Choose one <Psyker>. That model’s psychic powers cannot be countered this turn.
36 - Minor Gift of Chaos Undivided:. Select one unit. That unit may act twice in each phase this turn.
41-46 - Becalmed:. No effect
51 - Skulls of the Skull Throne:. Your opponent chooses one of your units. That unit is Wounded on a 2+ when hit, and only saves on a 6+. It cannot use invulnerable saves this turn.
52 - Major Gift of Khorne: As per Minor Gift of Khorne, but choose D3 units.
53 - Major Gift of Nurgle:[b] As per Minor Gift of Nurgle, but choose D3 units
54 - [b]Major Gift of Slaaneesh:
As Minor Gift of Slaaneesh, but choose D3 units. You may not choose the same enemy unit more than once.
55 - Major Gift of Tzeench: Your <Psyker> units may perform their powers twice this turn without penalty.
56 - Major Gift of Chaos Undivided:. Select a unit that has lost one or more wounds or models. That unit is returned to full strength
61 - Warp Quake: Every unit on the board suffers D6 S5 AP - Dam 1 hits. Subtract 10 from all future Warp Results
62 - Khorne Ascendant:. All <Khorne> units deal +1 Damage this turn
63 - Nurgle’s Blessing:. Place aside a marker for every <Infantry> model slain this turn. At the end of the turn, you may deploy a unit of Poxwalkers containing one model per marker. You may place the unit on the board at a spot of your choosing, more than 9” away from any enemy units.
64 - Slaaneesh’s Kiss:. Any model that misses with an attack or rolls less than it’s maximum number of attacks (on a 2D6, D6 or D3 attack weapon) for this turn (including Overwatch) suffers 1 Mortal wound.
65 - Secrets of Tzeench: Choose a number from 1 to 6 and choose the option “pass” or “fail”. Any dice rolls this turn that result in the number you choose have the result you chose (I.e., either “pass” or “fail”)
66 - The Veil Parts:. Roll a D6. On a result of 6, a rift to the Warp tears open and both forces are sucked into the Warp, resulting in a win for Chaos!

(This is not a serious table, just a stab at something GW might do...)

It never ends well 
   
Made in us
Confessor Of Sins




 Mr Morden wrote:
Darsath wrote:
People are still under the impression that other factions will get their own supplements and doctrines etc. Maybe we'll see it for Chaos come January (at least from what I've heard in the pipeline), but not a chance for any xenos races. I think we're more likely to see a reboot of the edition in the summer than we are to see supplements for anything not wearing power armour this edition.


Potentially a good incdicator will be the nearer and forthcoming Sisters dex - do non Marine armies get all the goodies - or not.



As a Sisters player, don't rest your hopes on Sisters getting good rules.

You wanna talk getting screwed over by rules, at least the 2.0 codex and PA weren't WORSE than the baseline.

I'll count myself lucky if SoB aren't suddenly BS 5 with a -2 armor save. (That's a save where when a model is wounded it auto dies and explodes, killing 2 other friendly models.)

2500pts
2500
3000


 
   
Made in us
Dive-Bombin' Fighta-Bomba Pilot






ERJAK wrote:
 Mr Morden wrote:
Darsath wrote:
People are still under the impression that other factions will get their own supplements and doctrines etc. Maybe we'll see it for Chaos come January (at least from what I've heard in the pipeline), but not a chance for any xenos races. I think we're more likely to see a reboot of the edition in the summer than we are to see supplements for anything not wearing power armour this edition.


Potentially a good incdicator will be the nearer and forthcoming Sisters dex - do non Marine armies get all the goodies - or not.



As a Sisters player, don't rest your hopes on Sisters getting good rules.

You wanna talk getting screwed over by rules, at least the 2.0 codex and PA weren't WORSE than the baseline.

I'll count myself lucky if SoB aren't suddenly BS 5 with a -2 armor save. (That's a save where when a model is wounded it auto dies and explodes, killing 2 other friendly models.)

Some people will quite literally never be happy.

'We're getting a whole line of new models as requested for decades? Better find something else to moan about!'
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut




 An Actual Englishman wrote:
ERJAK wrote:
 Mr Morden wrote:
Darsath wrote:
People are still under the impression that other factions will get their own supplements and doctrines etc. Maybe we'll see it for Chaos come January (at least from what I've heard in the pipeline), but not a chance for any xenos races. I think we're more likely to see a reboot of the edition in the summer than we are to see supplements for anything not wearing power armour this edition.


Potentially a good incdicator will be the nearer and forthcoming Sisters dex - do non Marine armies get all the goodies - or not.



As a Sisters player, don't rest your hopes on Sisters getting good rules.

You wanna talk getting screwed over by rules, at least the 2.0 codex and PA weren't WORSE than the baseline.

I'll count myself lucky if SoB aren't suddenly BS 5 with a -2 armor save. (That's a save where when a model is wounded it auto dies and explodes, killing 2 other friendly models.)

Some people will quite literally never be happy.

'We're getting a whole line of new models as requested for decades? Better find something else to moan about!'

What good are the models though if the rules are garbage? I'm not paying GW prices for something to sit pretty on my shelf.

CaptainStabby wrote:
If Tyberos falls and needs to catch himself it's because the ground needed killing.

 jy2 wrote:
BTW, I can't wait to run Double-D-thirsters! Man, just thinking about it gets me Khorney.

 vipoid wrote:
Indeed - what sort of bastard would want to use their codex?

 MarsNZ wrote:
ITT: SoB players upset that they're receiving the same condescending treatment that they've doled out in every CSM thread ever.
 
   
Made in us
Dive-Bombin' Fighta-Bomba Pilot






Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
 An Actual Englishman wrote:
ERJAK wrote:
 Mr Morden wrote:
Darsath wrote:
People are still under the impression that other factions will get their own supplements and doctrines etc. Maybe we'll see it for Chaos come January (at least from what I've heard in the pipeline), but not a chance for any xenos races. I think we're more likely to see a reboot of the edition in the summer than we are to see supplements for anything not wearing power armour this edition.


Potentially a good incdicator will be the nearer and forthcoming Sisters dex - do non Marine armies get all the goodies - or not.



As a Sisters player, don't rest your hopes on Sisters getting good rules.

You wanna talk getting screwed over by rules, at least the 2.0 codex and PA weren't WORSE than the baseline.

I'll count myself lucky if SoB aren't suddenly BS 5 with a -2 armor save. (That's a save where when a model is wounded it auto dies and explodes, killing 2 other friendly models.)

Some people will quite literally never be happy.

'We're getting a whole line of new models as requested for decades? Better find something else to moan about!'

What good are the models though if the rules are garbage? I'm not paying GW prices for something to sit pretty on my shelf.


Sisters aren't anywhere near as bad as made out in the hyperbolic post above. Clearly.
   
Made in gb
Wight Lord with the Sword of Kings






UK

Sisters have good potential - it will be telling how they compare to the vast upgrade of the recent SM Dex and Supplements. If they don't get similar treatment then that will say alot.

Hopefully a character model, maybe a few relics or similar in PA...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/11/07 21:48:00


"Unimaginably ancient xenos artefact somewhere on the planet, hive fleet poised above our heads, hidden 'stealer broods making an early start....and now a bloody Chaos cult crawling out of the woodwork just in case we were bored. Welcome to my world, Ciaphas."
Inquisitor Amberley Vail, Ordo Xenos

"I will admit that some Primachs like Russ or Horus could have a chance against an unarmed 12 year old novice but, a full Battle Sister??!! One to one? In close combat? Perhaps three Primarchs fighting together... but just one Primarch?" da001

www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/528517.page

A Bloody Road - my Warhammer Fantasy Fiction 
   
Made in gb
Commanding Lordling





 Mr Morden wrote:
Sisters have good potential - it will be telling how they compare to the vast upgrade of the recent SM Dex and Supplements. If they don't get similar treatment then that will say alot.

Hopefully a character model, maybe a few relics or similar in PA...


I would bet a pretty decent chunk of money that Sisters won't be anywhere close to the Marine Codex and supplements. I'd be surprised if they even have a Doctrine equivalent.
   
Made in us
Dive-Bombin' Fighta-Bomba Pilot






We know the level of PA 'buff' to expect from the first book and the Eldar reactions. It won't take any faction to the level of nu-Marines, apart from, presumably, other marines. Listening to recent podcasts of the various playtesters all but confirms this.

I wouldn't expect or want Sisters to be the same level as nu-Marines because, frankly, nu-Marines are overpowered and should be nerfed. Not to mention that slowly adding other overpowered factions into the mix just pisses off those who are last to the party. If Sisters are on the same level does that make the game much better? Is having 2 factions OP way better than 1? I don't think so. Certainly not for those people who don't play those factions.
   
Made in us
Stealthy Warhound Titan Princeps




 Mr Morden wrote:
Sisters have good potential - it will be telling how they compare to the vast upgrade of the recent SM Dex and Supplements.

Baseline they're t3 with a 5+ save vs bolt rifles shooting under tactical doctrine. That isn't a good starting spot.

Efficiency is the highest virtue. 
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: