Switch Theme:

Necromunda Underhive news & rumours-Outlaw Gang pg 121  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in de
Fully-charged Electropriest






Well, this sounds interesting:

What’s more, it opens access up to all the brilliant dramatis personae released by Forge World over the years. This means that you can take a bunch of outcasts, add a character of your choice, and you’ve got a gang ready to create its own underhive legend.

You could build your gang around the Nautica Syphoning Delegation or the Sanguis Slaver Entourage, for example.


So you could use them in every game. I guess the balancing is halfway ensured, that they hang out with rather poor equipped scum instead of full gangs.
   
Made in gb
Last Remaining Whole C'Tan






Sounds pretty sweet, especially the Settlement building.

Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives? Why not join us?

Pfizer vaccine administered 13:40pm 18 Feb 21. Still no second head. Second jab 13:35pm 6 May 2021. At the Masonic Hall. 
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

 Dryaktylus wrote:
Well, this sounds interesting:

What’s more, it opens access up to all the brilliant dramatis personae released by Forge World over the years. This means that you can take a bunch of outcasts, add a character of your choice, and you’ve got a gang ready to create its own underhive legend.

You could build your gang around the Nautica Syphoning Delegation or the Sanguis Slaver Entourage, for example.


So you could use them in every game. I guess the balancing is halfway ensured, that they hang out with rather poor equipped scum instead of full gangs.
That sounds very cool. That also sounds like a book padded to the gills with repeat rules.

Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

 
   
Made in fi
Courageous Space Marine Captain






StraightSilver wrote:
I think the best thing about Outlaws for me is that it seems ripe for just making your own minis. So a mix of GSC, Cultists, other gangers etc. This set of minis, combined with other bits could really open some very cool looking gangs, more so than the current houses where you are locked in with a certain "look"?

Yep. To me this kit seems to be prime kitbashing material.

Anyway; I wonder about the rules. Will they be similar to Venators?

   
Made in us
Mutated Chosen Chaos Marine





Deep in the Woods

You could build your gang around the Nautica Syphoning Delegation or the Sanguis Slaver Entourage, for example.


Yes lets highlight the use of mini's that have been out of stock (at least in the US) since the monday after their release.

"I have traveled trough the Realm of Death and brought back novelty pencils"
 GamesWorkshop wrote:
And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!

Oh, somewhere in this favored land the sun is shining bright;
the band is playing somewhere and somewhere hearts are light,and somewhere men are laughing, and somewhere children shout;but there is no joy in Mudville — mighty Casey has struck out. 
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Gathering the Informations.

 Nicorex wrote:
You could build your gang around the Nautica Syphoning Delegation or the Sanguis Slaver Entourage, for example.


Yes lets highlight the use of mini's that have been out of stock (at least in the US) since the monday after their release.

They've come back into stock at least 3 times.
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut




I wonder how wall the market stalls would fit onto the raised walkways from the hideout set, to give some covered walls and the like, would really help to make the hideout feel lived in and give it even more character.
   
Made in ca
Dakka Veteran





So this book isn't stepping on Book of Peril's toes it's giving it the elbow going past it.
   
Made in gb
Growlin' Guntrukk Driver with Killacannon





Scotland, but nowhere near my rulebook

You see? You SEE? If you keep complaining that Necromunda looks too high-tech now THIS IS WHAT YOU GET!

Ahem.

More seriously - I like the idea of some "Extras" - Background characters for the crowd scenes - that definitely look 40k. More than that, look like Confrontation gangs.

And the "Outlanders" campaign - now that sounds interesting. That sounds very much like an Old Skool Necromunda campaign, somewhere off in the wilderness of the underhive rather than acting as PMCs for the houses...


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Oh, and the market is great, something I was planning to kitbash anyway, and will almost certainly be purchased ASAP.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/09/20 14:20:36


 
   
Made in gb
Fanatic with Madcap Mushrooms







 Chairman Aeon wrote:
So this book isn't stepping on Book of Peril's toes it's giving it the elbow going past it.


How many books are required to play Necromunda these days?

   
Made in gb
Last Remaining Whole C'Tan






Two.

Rulebook, and either Gangs of the Underhive, or your chosen Gang’s House of volume.

Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives? Why not join us?

Pfizer vaccine administered 13:40pm 18 Feb 21. Still no second head. Second jab 13:35pm 6 May 2021. At the Masonic Hall. 
   
Made in gb
Growlin' Guntrukk Driver with Killacannon





Scotland, but nowhere near my rulebook

Not quite, until they put the full trade post into something other than GotU
   
Made in es
Stealthy Warhound Titan Princeps






 Graphite wrote:
You see? You SEE? If you keep complaining that Necromunda looks too high-tech now THIS IS WHAT YOU GET!

I am okay with that ^^
   
Made in gb
Fanatic with Madcap Mushrooms







 Mad Doc Grotsnik wrote:
Two.

Rulebook, and either Gangs of the Underhive, or your chosen Gang’s House of volume.


Thanks.
Is the Gangs of the Underhive all of the factions and if so is there a paper version?

2 books is not that bad.

   
Made in gb
Multispectral Hsien





Gosport, UK

The book sounds much cooler than the models are.
   
Made in gb
Last Remaining Whole C'Tan






 NAVARRO wrote:
 Mad Doc Grotsnik wrote:
Two.

Rulebook, and either Gangs of the Underhive, or your chosen Gang’s House of volume.


Thanks.
Is the Gangs of the Underhive all of the factions and if so is there a paper version?

2 books is not that bad.


It’s best to think of the others as Source Books are to TTRPGs. They allow for more varied and dare I say for flavourful campaigns, but they’re by no means necessary. That being said, for me the House Of books are all or nothing, as if not everyone is using them in the campaign, those that are have options which might unbalance things.

Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives? Why not join us?

Pfizer vaccine administered 13:40pm 18 Feb 21. Still no second head. Second jab 13:35pm 6 May 2021. At the Masonic Hall. 
   
Made in gb
Fanatic with Madcap Mushrooms







Right ok.

Seems like Necromunda is the cheapest way to be\ stay engaged in some kind of rules.

Is my Necromunda rulebook from 1995 still usable?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/09/20 15:57:35


   
Made in gb
Last Remaining Whole C'Tan






Honestly?

Yes. I mean, there’s nothing in the modern game you couldn’t house rule into the original.

Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives? Why not join us?

Pfizer vaccine administered 13:40pm 18 Feb 21. Still no second head. Second jab 13:35pm 6 May 2021. At the Masonic Hall. 
   
Made in gb
Mighty Gouge-Horn




Anor Londo

It was a really pleasant surprise to see the market kit, it looks like a very characterful setup that seems more RPG oriented than most scenery. More of this kind of stuff would be very cool!

It’s a shame that the Outcast minis amount to one sprue, repeated, but I get the impression that GW don’t think that they will sell many of these, so compromised with a cheap to manufacture kit. One sprue is better than none!

Loving most of the newer stuff, especially the Kriegmester & Jagerkin.

If you ignore the issue with the rules being all over the place, Necro seems to be in a very healthy place at the moment
   
Made in gb
Last Remaining Whole C'Tan






Hopefully we’ll be able to get the book in the next month or two.

Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives? Why not join us?

Pfizer vaccine administered 13:40pm 18 Feb 21. Still no second head. Second jab 13:35pm 6 May 2021. At the Masonic Hall. 
   
Made in vn
Longtime Dakkanaut




Sound like Outcast gangs will be the upgraded version of Venator gang.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Myrtle Creek, OR

 Mad Doc Grotsnik wrote:
Hopefully we’ll be able to get the book in the next month or two.


I’m really starting to wonder where the new edition is. Much longer and they are going to miss the four year expiration date.
   
Made in ca
Dakka Veteran





 privateer4hire wrote:

I’m really starting to wonder where the new edition is. Much longer and they are going to miss the four year expiration date.


Thanks COVID-19!
   
Made in de
Fully-charged Electropriest






Chopstick wrote:
Sound like Outcast gangs will be the upgraded version of Venator gang.


Don't know. Looks more like you could take a Dramatis Personae (or another rather powerful individual) as some kind of leader and the rest of your gang are those not well eqipped outcasts. The Venator gang on the other hand is full of Bounty-hunters with almost no restrictions.
   
Made in ca
Longtime Dakkanaut






 Dysartes wrote:
That Pit Slave artwork is a classic piece.


Indeed. Shame the models were so deerpy. I really hope the next two gangs we gets are scavvies and pit slaves

lost and damned log
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/519978.page#6525039 
   
Made in us
Manhunter





Sticksville, Texas

 Crimson wrote:
StraightSilver wrote:
I think the best thing about Outlaws for me is that it seems ripe for just making your own minis. So a mix of GSC, Cultists, other gangers etc. This set of minis, combined with other bits could really open some very cool looking gangs, more so than the current houses where you are locked in with a certain "look"?

Yep. To me this kit seems to be prime kitbashing material.

Anyway; I wonder about the rules. Will they be similar to Venators?


Agreed with both of you. Between third party stuff and kitbashing, this is for sure how GW is gonna rope me into the current Necromunda for sure.
   
Made in ca
Dakka Veteran





 NAVARRO wrote:
Right ok.

Seems like Necromunda is the cheapest way to be\ stay engaged in some kind of rules.

Is my Necromunda rulebook from 1995 still usable?

Newcromunda is the most fun Games Workshop ruleset I've played. It significantly beats out every edition of 40K, and even edges out Mordheim and Oldcromunda.

Part of the joy of playing is that it sort of automatically produces dramatic moments and a narrative throughline. You're executing the actions of individual models on a fairly precise scale, so unlike something like 40K -- where a squad of ancient warriors can casually get wiped out on the first decision of the game, and imagining how that happened + its repercussions would take a few hours -- in Newcromunda you can easily follow the mis/adventures of a individual gangers.

It does an even better job of that than Mordheim/Oldcromunda, where a lot of basic fighters felt like grist. There's a lot more differentiation now, due to the variety of equipment and gang-specific fighter types.

You need an active arbitrator and some house rules/clarifications to get the most out of it, though. And a campaign can still be torpedoed by different players building their gangs to different ruthlessness baselines.
   
Made in us
Wolf Guard Bodyguard in Terminator Armor






 Albertorius wrote:
 Graphite wrote:
You see? You SEE? If you keep complaining that Necromunda looks too high-tech now THIS IS WHAT YOU GET!

I am okay with that ^^


Calling this low tech are you? I remember my ratskins calling aoutoguns "specialist weapons", and we were doing just fine with good old crossbows and the occasional flintlock. And dont even talk about that good for nothing Shaman we got instead of a proper "heavy".
No wonder my ratskins always ended up as starving maimed cripples with multiple old battlewounds. Good old days!

Trolls n Robots, battle reports på svenska https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbeiubugFqIO9IWf_FV9q7A 
   
Made in es
Stealthy Warhound Titan Princeps






 Fayric wrote:
 Albertorius wrote:
 Graphite wrote:
You see? You SEE? If you keep complaining that Necromunda looks too high-tech now THIS IS WHAT YOU GET!

I am okay with that ^^


Calling this low tech are you? I remember my ratskins calling aoutoguns "specialist weapons", and we were doing just fine with good old crossbows and the occasional flintlock. And dont even talk about that good for nothing Shaman we got instead of a proper "heavy".
No wonder my ratskins always ended up as starving maimed cripples with multiple old battlewounds. Good old days!


I mean, in comparison with what we've been seeing, absolutely ^^
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




Germany

Back in my day Necromunda was about space peasants stabbing each other in space mud with space sticks!

"Tabletop games are the only setting when a body is made more horrifying for NOT being chopped into smaller pieces."
- Jiado 
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: