Switch Theme:

Mutant Orks!  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Growlin' Guntrukk Driver with Killacannon







Some of you have seen my SMOrk army 'Da Brazen Klawz. But to break the monotony I wanted to do a side project. And have tons of ork stuff laying around and many extra bits from leftover spurs. I started tossing the idea around of mutant orks. Brother_Khiros was keen on the idea and thought it would be fun and that started getting me excited about doing the army. Not really sure how I'm gonna pull it off quite yet but I've already been looking at old pick of circus freak for insperation.

My general idea for the fluff so far is that the orks are gonna be from the aftermath of some great battle on a hive work where humans and orks alike where all decimated. The only thing left were the Hive Cities. And with no one to maintain the Hive Cities the Factories and Power Plants had no one to keep up the maintnace. Power cores started going into melt down. Factory chemicals where spilling and leaking everywhere. But the one thing that did survive the holocaust where the ork spores that had already been planted during the conflict. During the germination process or however you want to call it. Those chemicals and radiation had seeped into the ork DNA causing mutations.

This is where I am at so far. I don't plan on using the warp for any kind of mutation I want to keep it all genetic.



This is the first test model. A simple conversion. Not finished need to do some touch up with green stuff. Let me know what you think.

   
Made in us
Parachuting Bashi Bazouk




Stillwater, OK

As I said in Da Brazen Klaws blog, that model looks juist flat out incredible. Well, ok, I guess I didn't say it because the first time I saw the mini, it literally left me speechless. I really can't wait to see what else you'll come up with.

Jon

Dakka's No.1 Official Topic Stopper!

zombiegleemax wrote: You know you qualify as artillery when it's more effective to use divination magic to locate your targets than a Spot check.



 
   
Made in gb
Storm Trooper with Maglight






UK - Down South - GB

That conversion is great. I was thinking more along the line of mutations created by the MadDok. Im subbing to see what other crazy creations you make!
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





Edinburgh

Looks exciting, and that's a great first model! Will definitely be following this

Oooh, and some inspiration - there's a 'zombork' thread from a while back that had a lot of interesting mutations in it. I'll see if I can dig it out!

Dregs and strays - A post-apocalyptic character blog. Updated on occasion!  
   
Made in us
Perturbed Blood Angel Tactical Marine






Houston, TX

I nearly missed this thread as I was browsing the P&M Blogs, but I'm here. And I even subbed before I started reading so I don't have to worry about forgetting to.

Sentinels of Baal - In Progress (roughly 2000 pts, ~35-40% painted)
Lizardmen - In Queue
Pre-Heresy Death Guard - On Deck

DA:80-SGM--B+I+Pw40k02--D+A+/fwd312R+++T(M)DM+  
   
Made in gb
Ragin' Ork Dreadnought






Perth, Australia

Arakasi checking in!

   
Made in gb
Thunderhawk Pilot Dropping From Orbit





Worle, UK

Haha, he is awesome
I am looking forward to some interesting conversions. If you are going along the line of circus freaks will there be a Bearded lady ork?

 
   
Made in us
Death-Dealing Dark Angels Devastator





in ur head eating popcorn

this just looks kewl. Best part about orks is how versitile they can be.

My honor is my life, to fail is to dishonor, to dishonor is to die.
The fallen shall not be forgotten!
Ever searching for that Black Pearl...  
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut






Charleston, SC

I'll be following this one too, Schank!

   
Made in us
Growlin' Guntrukk Driver with Killacannon







Sin_Un_Nombre wrote:As I said in Da Brazen Klaws blog, that model looks juist flat out incredible. Well, ok, I guess I didn't say it because the first time I saw the mini, it literally left me speechless. I really can't wait to see what else you'll come up with.

Jon


I've got a few ideas mutaiting in my brain. Have one I started on that I'll post a pic on after I get off work. I think you will like.

brainscan wrote:That conversion is great. I was thinking more along the line of mutations created by the MadDok. Im subbing to see what other crazy creations you make!


Nope going for genetic mutations. And thanks.

Scarper wrote:Looks exciting, and that's a great first model! Will definitely be following this

Oooh, and some inspiration - there's a 'zombork' thread from a while back that had a lot of interesting mutations in it. I'll see if I can dig it out!


Awesome if you ever find it link it please.

Brother_Khiros wrote:I nearly missed this thread as I was browsing the P&M Blogs, but I'm here. And I even subbed before I started reading so I don't have to worry about forgetting to.


Added it to my signiture so its easy to find.

Arakasi wrote:Arakasi checking in!


Welcome as always Arakasi.

M0rdain wrote:Haha, he is awesome
I am looking forward to some interesting conversions. If you are going along the line of circus freaks will there be a Bearded lady ork?


That could be fun. Add some green stuff and lop sided ork boobs.

Eckeon wrote:this just looks kewl. Best part about orks is how versitile they can be.


Thats the main reason I love the orks. And this is about as far off from my other ork army I can get I think.

Moltar wrote:I'll be following this one too, Schank!


Welcome aboard Moltar.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
As for a color scheme I think I want a post apocaliptic feel. So any suggestion would be great.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2011/08/26 15:31:36


   
Made in us
Parachuting Bashi Bazouk




Stillwater, OK

schank23 wrote:
Sin_Un_Nombre wrote:As I said in Da Brazen Klaws blog, that model looks juist flat out incredible. Well, ok, I guess I didn't say it because the first time I saw the mini, it literally left me speechless. I really can't wait to see what else you'll come up with.

Jon


I've got a few ideas mutaiting in my brain. Have one I started on that I'll post a pic on after I get off work. I think you will like.


Well, I'm pyshed. Unfortunately, I'm guessing you get off of work right about the time I'm going into work. Oh well, at least I've got a short shift today. They'll still be here when I get home.

Jon

Dakka's No.1 Official Topic Stopper!

zombiegleemax wrote: You know you qualify as artillery when it's more effective to use divination magic to locate your targets than a Spot check.



 
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka





6 foot underwater

Damn schank, I'd just been toying with a double header for the Emprah's Shrooms

Certainly looking forward to some interesting stuff here, should be a fun ride

cyborks & flyboyz : http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/300067.page
heretical ramblings : http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/302773.page
imperial preachings : http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/303365.page
Da Waaagh-ky Races : http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/325045.page
Briancj: You have the Mek Taint, MT, and the only thing we can do is watch in horror/amazement.

 
   
Made in us
Growlin' Guntrukk Driver with Killacannon







Sin_Un_Nombre wrote:Well, I'm pyshed. Unfortunately, I'm guessing you get off of work right about the time I'm going into work. Oh well, at least I've got a short shift today. They'll still be here when I get home.

Jon


I hope you get to see it before you go to work if not it will be waiting for you.

monkeytroll wrote:Damn schank, I'd just been toying with a double header for the Emprah's Shrooms

Certainly looking forward to some interesting stuff here, should be a fun ride


I was playing with the idea for a bit also. But 2 heads on one body but then I started thinking about more of a conjoined twin look. And that what I got.

Alright ladies and worms. Next mutie wip. Ganna try and get a squad of ten done up before paint but we will see. Not sure of the color pallet I want to use yet.

Hope you like.


[Thumb - 100_2783.jpg]


   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka





6 foot underwater

Yeah, I'm thinking more 2 heads one body, inspired by a classic slaaneshi champion from way back. That conjoined look works really well for orks though, great job. And nothing says mutie like an upside down torso

You keeping them all green-skinned, or going to throw something else into the mix?

cyborks & flyboyz : http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/300067.page
heretical ramblings : http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/302773.page
imperial preachings : http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/303365.page
Da Waaagh-ky Races : http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/325045.page
Briancj: You have the Mek Taint, MT, and the only thing we can do is watch in horror/amazement.

 
   
Made in us
Growlin' Guntrukk Driver with Killacannon







monkeytroll wrote:Yeah, I'm thinking more 2 heads one body, inspired by a classic slaaneshi champion from way back. That conjoined look works really well for orks though, great job. And nothing says mutie like an upside down torso

You keeping them all green-skinned, or going to throw something else into the mix?


I think I might play around with the skin tone a bit. Maybe different colors depending on what type of chemical or radiation they where exposed to.

Got another 2 header though. So far none of these are finished. Need to do green stuff work but no green stuff right now. Have to order some.

But here is the next one.
[Thumb - 100_2784.jpg]


   
Made in gb
Gnawing Giant Rat





United Kingdom

This is going to be a fun blog, im definitely going to be following this one! I think some gore here and there would be a nice touch, my personal opinion though!

My animation and warhammer blog!: http://bagi80animations.blogspot.com/ 
   
Made in us
Death-Dealing Dark Angels Devastator





in ur head eating popcorn

Dont forget the standard oozing pustuals (think it spelled wrong) or excess snot and slobber and the like.

My honor is my life, to fail is to dishonor, to dishonor is to die.
The fallen shall not be forgotten!
Ever searching for that Black Pearl...  
   
Made in us
Smokin' Skorcha Driver




why do you want to know? huh? HUH?

hmm... might do this myself. hope you don't mind. good job man.

Waaaagh! Grotbash 3500 pts 
   
Made in us
Growlin' Guntrukk Driver with Killacannon







Bagi80 wrote:This is going to be a fun blog, im definitely going to be following this one! I think some gore here and there would be a nice touch, my personal opinion though!


I might try out some gore but not gonna go oot with it.

Eckeon wrote:Dont forget the standard oozing pustuals (think it spelled wrong) or excess snot and slobber and the like.


Might pull out the ol' hot glue gun and see what I can come up with for snot and drool.

TNM wrote:hmm... might do this myself. hope you don't mind. good job man.


Feel free. Its always fun to see someone else take on something.


Thanks again everyone. I'm thinking if I go all the way with this army I'm gonna go for a hoard style ork army.


   
Made in us
Perturbed Blood Angel Tactical Marine






Houston, TX

I can see it now, Schank! Teenage Mutant NinjOrks!

Sentinels of Baal - In Progress (roughly 2000 pts, ~35-40% painted)
Lizardmen - In Queue
Pre-Heresy Death Guard - On Deck

DA:80-SGM--B+I+Pw40k02--D+A+/fwd312R+++T(M)DM+  
   
Made in us
Mutated Chosen Chaos Marine







These conversions are very well done and have a plausible backstory. I'd like to see some of these guys painted.
   
Made in gb
Stabbin' Skarboy





England

Can't wait to see these painted.

The question isn't why do I kill. The question is, why I don't kill everybody. 
   
Made in us
Growlin' Guntrukk Driver with Killacannon







Brother_Khiros wrote:I can see it now, Schank! Teenage Mutant NinjOrks!


Lol. would be funny but not the route I think I'm gonna take. Honestly That I dont think I could pull off.

LoneLictor wrote:These conversions are very well done and have a plausible backstory. I'd like to see some of these guys painted.


Thanks! I need to work on the back sotry some more. Just really started tossing this idea around a few days ago.

MrH wrote:Can't wait to see these painted.


As for paint not yet. I want to get about 10 or so assembled first. That way I can get a feel on how a squad will look.

Got a few techniques I want to try out on the painting of them. Thinned down washes over a medium to light color for the skin tone. That way they will all have the same base color but I can manipulate it with the washes.

Or so I hope.

But again thanks everyone for the great comments and feedback.



   
Made in us
Parachuting Bashi Bazouk




Stillwater, OK

Wow. Those look great. Not so sure about head-for-a-crotch guy, but I do like the stacked guys. Will you be building boots for him....er....them? I've had an idea for a Warboss running through my head all day involving a Chaos Spawn torso, an Attack Squig for a head, and Ork arms and legs. I don't want to seem like I'm copying you, but I may try to get the bits to build it.

Dakka's No.1 Official Topic Stopper!

zombiegleemax wrote: You know you qualify as artillery when it's more effective to use divination magic to locate your targets than a Spot check.



 
   
Made in us
Growlin' Guntrukk Driver with Killacannon







Sin_Un_Nombre wrote:Wow. Those look great. Not so sure about head-for-a-crotch guy, but I do like the stacked guys. Will you be building boots for him....er....them? I've had an idea for a Warboss running through my head all day involving a Chaos Spawn torso, an Attack Squig for a head, and Ork arms and legs. I don't want to seem like I'm copying you, but I may try to get the bits to build it.


Feel free. I love to see other renditions of ideas. And really with mutant orks you can have 5 people do squad and I bet not a single one would look alike.

The stacked ork I plan to have walking on his hands. Just waiting for the green stuff to come in the mail. Closest Hobby Shop is an hour away and I dont want to drive there just for green stuff.


   
Made in us
Growlin' Guntrukk Driver with Killacannon







Gotta love those busy weekends. Didn't get nothing done hobby wise. Did have a little bit of time to play around with some washes.

Worked on 3 different test head. All where primed black and the based with Iyanden Darksun.

After that The nest step was different for each one.

The first was washed with Gryphonne Sepia.

The second with Ogryn Fleash.

The third with Devlan Mud.

After tha all of them had 3 washes of Thraka Green . This is what turned out.
[Thumb - 100_2793.jpg]


   
Made in us
Perturbed Blood Angel Tactical Marine






Houston, TX

TBH, I'm liking the Devlan Mud one, followed by the Ogryn Flesh one, with the Gryphonne Sepia one coming last. But that's me, hehe. Can't wait to see where these go.

Sentinels of Baal - In Progress (roughly 2000 pts, ~35-40% painted)
Lizardmen - In Queue
Pre-Heresy Death Guard - On Deck

DA:80-SGM--B+I+Pw40k02--D+A+/fwd312R+++T(M)DM+  
   
Made in us
Lead-Footed Trukkboy Driver






Graham Washington

These are just wrong! And so awesome! Subscribed!
   
Made in us
Death-Dealing Dark Angels Devastator





in ur head eating popcorn

would you consider large patches of a lighter or darker color. You know like some of the people you see walkin around with whatever that skin disorder is called. Black people have patches of white and white people have patches of either a bright pink or reddish pink.

My honor is my life, to fail is to dishonor, to dishonor is to die.
The fallen shall not be forgotten!
Ever searching for that Black Pearl...  
   
Made in us
Growlin' Guntrukk Driver with Killacannon







Eckeon wrote:would you consider large patches of a lighter or darker color. You know like some of the people you see walkin around with whatever that skin disorder is called. Black people have patches of white and white people have patches of either a bright pink or reddish pink.


Hmmm. That could be fun to do. No to just figure out what color to use with the green to make the patch effect.

   
 
Forum Index » Dakka P&M Blogs
Go to: