Switch Theme:

Plastic Eldar Kits!? -The world must be ending! Eldar specifi Psychic Awakening N&R - P.24 Box set  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in fi
Junior Officer with Laspistol







the_scotsman wrote:
 Tyranid Horde wrote:
Nice to see Jain Zar depicted wielding her Triskele, maybe that's a sign the Banshees could be getting this weapon back or will it be relegated to Warhammer Legends forever?


No Model No Rules. Jain Zar tm has the Silent Death tm wargear tm so she gets to use an assault 3 strength user ap-3 weapon. Other models purchaseable from games workshop plc do not have that modeled wargear tm and so do not get to have that weapon option.


This joke was unfunny when people started doing it... ten years ago. Find new material, for the love of God.

"The place they go towards is a place even less imaginable to most of us than the city of happiness. I cannot describe it at all. It is possible it does not exist. But they seem to know where they are going, the ones who walk away from Omelas." 
   
Made in us
Da Head Honcho Boss Grot





 Amishprn86 wrote:
 Dysartes wrote:
 TheFleshIsWeak wrote:
PenitentJake wrote:
One of the reasons I think they chose Incubi was that they are a mercenary unit; they can roll with a Kabal, a Coven or a Cult. Had they chosen a Kabal unit, people who preferred Cults or Covens would have felt shafted, etc.


Or, you know, they could have actually given DE multiple units.


While it is too soon to reach the conclusion than multiple kits will be released, it is equally too soon to determine that there will be only one.


Sadly GW hates us, we havent had a new unit in over 9yrs where every other faction has (not talking about reboxing, or finecast to plastic, i mean a new unit entry). DE is the only faction that hasnt gotten anything from their new release in 5th ed in 2010, they have only taken units away.


Well except for Sisters and Necrons (I don't remember any new units since their 5th ed reboot, though admittedly that 5th ed reboot happened after the deldar 5th ed reboot)
   
Made in fi
Junior Officer with Laspistol







When did Necrons get the Tesseract Vault? I thought that was a 6th edition Apocalypse release, but I might be wrong.

"The place they go towards is a place even less imaginable to most of us than the city of happiness. I cannot describe it at all. It is possible it does not exist. But they seem to know where they are going, the ones who walk away from Omelas." 
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Agile Revenant Titan





London, UK

the_scotsman wrote:
 Tyranid Horde wrote:
Nice to see Jain Zar depicted wielding her Triskele, maybe that's a sign the Banshees could be getting this weapon back or will it be relegated to Warhammer Legends forever?


No Model No Rules. Jain Zar tm has the Silent Death tm wargear tm so she gets to use an assault 3 strength user ap-3 weapon. Other models purchaseable from games workshop plc do not have that modeled wargear tm and so do not get to have that weapon option.


New models, new rules, we haven't seen everything the Banshee kit has to offer.

5000 Fir Farillecassion Eldar W/L/D 4th Ed Codex - 14/7/1 6th Ed Codex - 9/1/0 7th Ed Codex - 4/1/1 8th Ed Codex - 10/4/2
2000 Hive Fleet Zenith
Excavating eBay: My blog of eBay finds and the pile of shame!
Instagram, follow if you dare!
 
   
Made in gb
Enigmatic Sorcerer of Chaos





Are new rules confirmed?

 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




 Daba wrote:
Are new rules confirmed?


For Banshees? Absolutely. Theyve already teased Exarch powers.

Will that translate to baseline stat changes or additional wargear options from their codex entry? No bloody clue.
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Agile Revenant Titan





London, UK

I hope they get something that let's them break out of the S3 issues they have. Sure the exarch has some tools but you don't pay for the exarch, you pay for the squad.

5000 Fir Farillecassion Eldar W/L/D 4th Ed Codex - 14/7/1 6th Ed Codex - 9/1/0 7th Ed Codex - 4/1/1 8th Ed Codex - 10/4/2
2000 Hive Fleet Zenith
Excavating eBay: My blog of eBay finds and the pile of shame!
Instagram, follow if you dare!
 
   
Made in gb
Lethal Lhamean




Birmingham

 wuestenfux wrote:
Banshees and Incubi. Seem to be some random releases.
Could also be Scorpions and plastic Mandrakes, Fire Dragons and plastic Wracks.
I can hear them coming ...

Wracks have been in plastic for years now.
   
Made in is
Courageous Beastmaster




Iceland

 Imateria wrote:
 wuestenfux wrote:
Banshees and Incubi. Seem to be some random releases.
Could also be Scorpions and plastic Mandrakes, Fire Dragons and plastic Wracks.
I can hear them coming ...

Wracks have been in plastic for years now.


Grots however. For all that is Vect, please give us plastic Grotesques.

If they make plastic Grotesques the coven part of the line would be almost completely plastic except for urien.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/09/18 15:17:47


Cypher | Craftworlds | Drukhari | Dark Angels | Necrons | Emperor's Children(30k/40k) | Tyranids | Orks | Death Guard

Daughters of Khaine | Blades of Khorne | Stormcast Eternals | Flesh-Eater Courts
 
   
Made in ru
Swift Swooping Hawk




Russia, Moscow

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/09/18/psychic-awakening-new-art-sighted/

Since art manager had one job and couldn't do it right, they done it right.

Now you’ve seen the amazing illustration, wouldn’t you love to recreate that scene on the battlefield with plastic miniatures? Well, it won’t be long before you can!
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut







The iconic triskele in the Howling Banshee’s right hand can mean only one thing – it’s Jain Zar! But who is her opponent, and – more crucially – how are they able to go blade-to-blade with the legendary Phoenix Lord without being cut to ribbons?


We’ve already shown you the Exarch and Klaivex from the upcoming Howling Banshees and Incubi kits, so make sure you check back with us again on Monday, when we’ll be revealing the first of the duellists! If you thought the Exarch and Klaivex were awesome (which they totally are!), wait until you see who’s coming!


I guess we'll see a new Jain Zar or (probably) Drazhar on Monday, then - mildly surprised that the duel isn't Karandras vs. Drazhar, though.

2019 Plog - Dysartes Twitches - 2019 Output

My Twitch stream - going live at 7pm GMT Tuesday & Thursday, 12pm Sunday (work permitting).

Gamgee on Tau Players wrote:we all kill cats and sell our own families to the devil and eat live puppies.
 
   
Made in us
VF-1S Valkyrie Squadron Commander





Mississippi

Looks to me like the sort of art they’ll put on a mini-poster in a boxed set, like Forgebane....

It never ends well 
   
Made in ru
Swift Swooping Hawk




Russia, Moscow

With legs like these I expect Jain Zar to have a minimum movement of 12".
   
Made in gb
Sneaky Striking Scorpion




The asurman art is from the black library book of his name but is the rest new? Could it be a tease for a plastic warlock maybe?
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut




Jain Zar. OMG. Monday...tis so far away...

Casual gamer, casual fun! 
   
Made in us
Awesome Autarch






I'm just hoping she gets actual good rules...and maybe we get a hint of what other Phoenix Lords could benefit from. I have a painted old metal one - won't be bothering with the plastic one (particularly at the assumed $40-45+ pricetag)...but if new rules mean mine suddenly isn't so crap - it'd be nice

 
   
Made in gb
Wicked Warp Spider






Man I wish they'd put us out of our misery and tell us whether or not its just a one off aspect and lord kit release before going back to doing marines for 2 more years or if we get a steady flow or failcast replacements... just tell us... tell ussss!!!!!

But interesting to see Jain Zar as the first PL reboot. maybe they are testing the waters to see how much change they can get away with. I personally really dislike the current look of the sculpt so anything will be an improvement..

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/772746.page#10378083 - My progress/failblog painting blog thingy

AngryAngel80 wrote:
I don't know, when I see awesome rules, I'm like " Baby, your rules looking so fine. Maybe I gotta add you to my first strike battalion eh ? "
 
   
Made in us
Stealthy Warhound Titan Princeps




I'm honestly expecting half the model to be hair.

Not including weapons.

Efficiency is the highest virtue. 
   
Made in ca
Longtime Dakkanaut




Voss wrote:
I'm honestly expecting half the model to be hair.

Not including weapons.


Just think about how long it takes to wash them and keep them healthy looking. At least she doesn't flatten or color them.
   
Made in gb
Wicked Warp Spider






I guess washing out the blood and guts of your eviscerated enemies is second nature to her so she a pro at washing her hair..

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/772746.page#10378083 - My progress/failblog painting blog thingy

AngryAngel80 wrote:
I don't know, when I see awesome rules, I'm like " Baby, your rules looking so fine. Maybe I gotta add you to my first strike battalion eh ? "
 
   
Made in us
Awesome Autarch






W. Artel already has some gorgeous replacement Phoenix Lords, but they're resin - something I'd rather not hassle with (maybe in the future). At $14 a pop they're also a damned bargain compared to the GW upcoming ones.

He currently has Jain Zar, Karandras, and Fuegan.

 
   
Made in ca
Regular Dakkanaut




 Stormonu wrote:
Looks to me like the sort of art they’ll put on a mini-poster in a boxed set, like Forgebane....


That would be hella cool! Give them an excuse to release a named Archon.

They could really used kill team as a vehicle for releasing Aspects and Phoenix Lords, as well as all the missing DE characters. Blackstone is another vehicle.

This year, we got two campaigns; the first was Vigilus. It was two books. It was like a campaign with training wheels, and you can bet GW ran all the analytics- how many copies of book one, did it spike model sales of the targetted kits, vs copies of book two and its co-relational sales plus engagement in the online tools. Studies revealed that both books sold enough to justify another campaign series, and co-relational sales were high enough to justify taking the risk on releasing models that aren't marines.

If it works, you can count on at least one campaign series a year, where every faction gets something- rules, or models or both. Plus the Kill Team/ Blackstone trick. A handful of codices will be updated every year, and if sales of the Marine Dex + Supplement system are high enough, they'll try to shoehorn others into that system too; they just have to expand other factions enough that there's material to support a re-release in the Dex + Supplement style.

Rules will continue to evolve, slowly and incrementally- first as recommendations in the spring update, then finalized or rejected in CA. This will prevent the need to risk 9th.

Some people won't like it that way, but I think it's brilliant. Even when we traded up to a better edition, the act of hitting a giant reset button always felt like a huge betrayal, whereas updates via CA always feel like a small hit of novelty that doesn't require a massive reinvestment. It's also great for those who collect multiple armies.
   
Made in gb
Wicked Warp Spider






PenitentJake wrote:
 Stormonu wrote:
Looks to me like the sort of art they’ll put on a mini-poster in a boxed set, like Forgebane....


That would be hella cool! Give them an excuse to release a named Archon.

They could really used kill team as a vehicle for releasing Aspects and Phoenix Lords, as well as all the missing DE characters. Blackstone is another vehicle.

This year, we got two campaigns; the first was Vigilus. It was two books. It was like a campaign with training wheels, and you can bet GW ran all the analytics- how many copies of book one, did it spike model sales of the targetted kits, vs copies of book two and its co-relational sales plus engagement in the online tools. Studies revealed that both books sold enough to justify another campaign series, and co-relational sales were high enough to justify taking the risk on releasing models that aren't marines.

If it works, you can count on at least one campaign series a year, where every faction gets something- rules, or models or both. Plus the Kill Team/ Blackstone trick. A handful of codices will be updated every year, and if sales of the Marine Dex + Supplement system are high enough, they'll try to shoehorn others into that system too; they just have to expand other factions enough that there's material to support a re-release in the Dex + Supplement style.

Rules will continue to evolve, slowly and incrementally- first as recommendations in the spring update, then finalized or rejected in CA. This will prevent the need to risk 9th.

Some people won't like it that way, but I think it's brilliant. Even when we traded up to a better edition, the act of hitting a giant reset button always felt like a huge betrayal, whereas updates via CA always feel like a small hit of novelty that doesn't require a massive reinvestment. It's also great for those who collect multiple armies.


I think PL would have to be gak in 40k in order to fit KT.. If they ahve rules resembling anything thye have now they will be mad OP in KT.

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/772746.page#10378083 - My progress/failblog painting blog thingy

AngryAngel80 wrote:
I don't know, when I see awesome rules, I'm like " Baby, your rules looking so fine. Maybe I gotta add you to my first strike battalion eh ? "
 
   
Made in ru
Swift Swooping Hawk




Russia, Moscow

Voss wrote:
I'm honestly expecting half the model to be hair.

It goddamn better should be.

 Elbows wrote:
W. Artel already has some gorgeous replacement Phoenix Lords, but they're resin - something I'd rather not hassle with

Resin types can be very different from each other. Artel W resin is not like GW finecast. It's tough, accurate and easy to work with.

 Argive wrote:
Man I wish they'd put us out of our misery and tell us whether or not its just a one off aspect and lord kit release before going back to doing marines for 2 more years

French rumours state as much. It's 2 PL and 2 squads for Eldar - then we're back on track.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2019/09/19 08:19:15


 
   
Made in us
Awesome Autarch






Since we're very likely only getting Banshees I can see one of two things happening:

1) We get an aspect for each book of this silly campaign they keep raving about.

2) We get an aspect for each overall campaign, so we'll have a trickle of an aspect/Phoenix Lord every 7-8 months for a while.

I will be shocked if we get a large wave at once though.

 
   
Made in ca
Courageous Space Marine Captain





if the IF rumors are true IFs won't include black templarsd in their book. there's rumors of a BT vs Orks box, so my guess is after eldar it'll be Black Templars vs Orks and likely see the release of information for black templars (expect them to get rules ala black legion in vigil;us ablze) I imagine Orks will get something unique too, even if simply a plastic warboss, although proably more then that.

Ultimately the power of an Inquisitor extends as far as he can make it extend 
   
Made in ru
Swift Swooping Hawk




Russia, Moscow

Some think this https://i.redd.it/ch5ksjnlbin31.jpg

was a hint on things to come. Not sure if it's good or bad since well it kinda puts things into heavy Ynnari perspective.
   
Made in es
Swift Swooping Hawk





 Elbows wrote:
W. Artel already has some gorgeous replacement Phoenix Lords, but they're resin - something I'd rather not hassle with (maybe in the future). At $14 a pop they're also a damned bargain compared to the GW upcoming ones.

He currently has Jain Zar, Karandras, and Fuegan.


Not trying to derail the thread but Artelw resin is top nocht, perfectly detailed (it looks almost plastic) and require no work on it, aside glueing the pieces and can prime just straight away.

@Shadenuat, that pic it's old and dates back to the Fracture of Biel Tan book, so nothing there indicates any new intent as it was used as showing part of the plot going on back then.
   
Made in ru
Swift Swooping Hawk




Russia, Moscow

True but models are not designed and produced in few months either.

Jain Zar and Drazhar art is also 2018?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/09/19 08:28:03


 
   
Made in de
Ladies Love the Vibro-Cannon Operator






Hamburg

 Shadenuat wrote:
Some think this https://i.redd.it/ch5ksjnlbin31.jpg

was a hint on things to come. Not sure if it's good or bad since well it kinda puts things into heavy Ynnari perspective.

If GW focusses on Ynnari, they are definitely on the wrong track.
The painting scheme is nice and the models look nice on paper.
But they are unplayable from the competitive point of view.

Former moderator 40kOnline

Lanchester's square law - please obey in list building!

Illumini: "And thank you for not finishing your post with a "" I'm sorry, but after 7200 's that has to be the most annoying sign-off ever."

Armies: Eldar, Necrons, Blood Angels, Grey Knights; World Eaters (30k); Bloodbound; Cryx, Circle, Cyriss 
   
 
Forum Index » 40K General Discussion
Go to: