Switch Theme:

Codex Deamons on the way! (Full leaks in OP)  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in se
[DCM]
Flailing Flagellant





Next to a keyboard.

xxhikaru123 wrote:
<lots of stuff>


Many thanks!

 
   
Made in us
Fluttering Firewyrm of Tzeentch





I know it's been said a few times now, but seriously xxhikaru123 thank you so much for sharing. The information you've given us has made me so excited for this release!


 
   
Made in de
Angry Blood Angel Assault marine






 Stumbling Snake wrote:
I know it's been said a few times now, but seriously xxhikaru123 thank you so much for sharing. The information you've given us has made me so excited for this release!


+1, also you made this thread a very exciting read .

I now plan to have a small force of Nurgle demons to add to my traitor Marines, Cultists.

Cheers

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2018/01/03 19:20:48


 
   
Made in sg
Been Around the Block




GUO
WS2 BS3 S7 T7 18W 5A

Armed with Plague Flail & Bilesword

Plague Flail 7" Assault 3 S User AP-3 2 Dmg. Can be fired within 1" of an enemy unit and can target enemy unit within 1" of friendly unit. Excess damage is not lost, spillsover.
Bileblade Strength User AP-3 D3 Dmg . Reroll Failed Wounds.
Bilesword Strength +1 AP-3 D6 Dmg. Reroll Failed Wounds.
Doomsday Bell. Str +1 AP-1 D3 Dmg.

Cast 2 Powers . Deny 1 Powers. Knows smite and 2 from Nurgle Discipline.

May Replace bilesword with doomsday bell.
May replace plague flail with bileblade.

Putrid Offering (bileblade): Suffer 1 Wound (Can be FNP) , add 1 to a psychic test before rolling .
Reverberating Summons (doomsday bell): Can summon on 4D6 instead of 3D6. At start of your turn, Roll D6 for every Nurgle Daemon unit within 7" of a GUO with Doomsday Bell, on a 4+ return a single slain model to that unit.

Crushing Bulk: Roll D6 at end of charge, on a 4+ do 1 MW to an enemy unit within 1".

Greater Daemon: Friendly Nurgle Daemon unit within 6" can use GUO's Ld (10) instead of their own.

Just over 300+ points.
   
Made in es
Dakka Veteran





Xxhikaru123

We love you!!!! XD

Please the rules of the other herald of nurgle??
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut





xxhikaru123 wrote:
GUO
WS2 BS3 S7 T7 18W 5A

Armed with Plague Flail & Bilesword

Plague Flail 7" Assault 3 S User AP-3 2 Dmg. Can be fired within 1" of an enemy unit and can target enemy unit within 1" of friendly unit. Excess damage is not lost, spillsover.
Bileblade Strength User AP-3 D3 Dmg . Reroll Failed Wounds.
Bilesword Strength +1 AP-3 D6 Dmg. Reroll Failed Wounds.
Doomsday Bell. Str +1 AP-1 D3 Dmg.

Cast 2 Powers . Deny 1 Powers. Knows smite and 2 from Nurgle Discipline.

May Replace bilesword with doomsday bell.
May replace plague flail with bileblade.

Putrid Offering (bileblade): Suffer 1 Wound (Can be FNP) , add 1 to a psychic test before rolling .
Reverberating Summons (doomsday bell): Can summon on 4D6 instead of 3D6. At start of your turn, Roll D6 for every Nurgle Daemon unit within 7" of a GUO with Doomsday Bell, on a 4+ return a single slain model to that unit.

Crushing Bulk: Roll D6 at end of charge, on a 4+ do 1 MW to an enemy unit within 1".

Greater Daemon: Friendly Nurgle Daemon unit within 6" can use GUO's Ld (10) instead of their own.

Just over 300+ points.


Thanks so much for taking the time to type this up! Awesome. They did totally change the GUO. Interesting that the bell returns models rather than adding movement like in the AoS preview!

I second the begging for asking for the other (the bagpiper) Nurgle Herald rules
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





WEW DAT BELL! SUMMONING ON 4D6 WEWEWEW that is god damn brutal
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut





 andysonic1 wrote:
WEW DAT BELL! SUMMONING ON 4D6 WEWEWEW that is god damn brutal


Really? I thought no one ever summoned anything but Khorne bloodletter bombs....


Hexfleet Virules: A Nurgle Chaos Space Marines, Daemons, and Renegades and Heretics Army

Click here to follow my Chaos/Nurgle Blog on Facebook!
 
   
Made in us
Cultist of Nurgle with Open Sores





SPHESS

What's the save though?

"Show me where it says that in the codex!"
"You know brother that I cannot." Ultramarines Sgt. Learchus to Cpt. Uriel Ventris.
 NenkotaMoon wrote:
AoS raped our cattle and stampeded our women.
 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Virules wrote:
 andysonic1 wrote:
WEW DAT BELL! SUMMONING ON 4D6 WEWEWEW that is god damn brutal
Really? I thought no one ever summoned anything but Khorne bloodletter bombs....
Imagine a Nurgle army with deep strike and summoning. Every time you pick away at it, it grows back, like a cancer spreading across the battlefield. I really like that they are sticking to that theme.
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut





 andysonic1 wrote:
 Virules wrote:
 andysonic1 wrote:
WEW DAT BELL! SUMMONING ON 4D6 WEWEWEW that is god damn brutal
Really? I thought no one ever summoned anything but Khorne bloodletter bombs....
Imagine a Nurgle army with deep strike and summoning. Every time you pick away at it, it grows back, like a cancer spreading across the battlefield. I really like that they are sticking to that theme.


Not really, because you have to pay points for anything you summon? All it does is keep the GUO from moving from a turn and let you deep strike something without paying CPs for it?


Hexfleet Virules: A Nurgle Chaos Space Marines, Daemons, and Renegades and Heretics Army

Click here to follow my Chaos/Nurgle Blog on Facebook!
 
   
Made in us
Unrelenting Rubric Terminator of Tzeentch





 andysonic1 wrote:
 Virules wrote:
 andysonic1 wrote:
WEW DAT BELL! SUMMONING ON 4D6 WEWEWEW that is god damn brutal
Really? I thought no one ever summoned anything but Khorne bloodletter bombs....
Imagine a Nurgle army with deep strike and summoning. Every time you pick away at it, it grows back, like a cancer spreading across the battlefield. I really like that they are sticking to that theme.


They *did* make it a tough choice though since you have to give up the bilesword for the bell. Cause hot damn that sword is nasty.

"Backfield? I have no backfield." 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Virules wrote:
 andysonic1 wrote:
 Virules wrote:
 andysonic1 wrote:
WEW DAT BELL! SUMMONING ON 4D6 WEWEWEW that is god damn brutal
Really? I thought no one ever summoned anything but Khorne bloodletter bombs....
Imagine a Nurgle army with deep strike and summoning. Every time you pick away at it, it grows back, like a cancer spreading across the battlefield. I really like that they are sticking to that theme.
Not really, because you have to pay points for anything you summon? All it does is keep the GUO from moving from a turn and let you deep strike something without paying CPs for it?
I've never played a Nurgle army nor a GUO, but if you Deep Striked your GUO with another unit or two, you would be able to charge in that turn. Next turn you are either moving towards your next target or are in the thick of it, unmoving since you are in combat, so you use summoning then. I imagine we will see a lot of strategies like this since it's a pretty good one.
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut





 andysonic1 wrote:
 Virules wrote:
 andysonic1 wrote:
 Virules wrote:
 andysonic1 wrote:
WEW DAT BELL! SUMMONING ON 4D6 WEWEWEW that is god damn brutal
Really? I thought no one ever summoned anything but Khorne bloodletter bombs....
Imagine a Nurgle army with deep strike and summoning. Every time you pick away at it, it grows back, like a cancer spreading across the battlefield. I really like that they are sticking to that theme.
Not really, because you have to pay points for anything you summon? All it does is keep the GUO from moving from a turn and let you deep strike something without paying CPs for it?
I've never played a Nurgle army nor a GUO, but if you Deep Striked your GUO with another unit or two, you would be able to charge in that turn. Next turn you are either moving towards your next target or are in the thick of it, unmoving since you are in combat, so you use summoning then. I imagine we will see a lot of strategies like this since it's a pretty good one.


I really doubt it because you are wasting several turns to place down a unit that doesn't have reroll charges and that could've started the game on the table, but maybe.


Hexfleet Virules: A Nurgle Chaos Space Marines, Daemons, and Renegades and Heretics Army

Click here to follow my Chaos/Nurgle Blog on Facebook!
 
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

xxhikaru123 wrote:
 Sersi wrote:
So, just to be clear Slaanesh Herald lost "all" their mounted options? The seeker mount, seeker chariot, and exalted chariot?
yes.
That seems really strange given that GW make a Herald on Chariot miniature.


This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/01/03 23:39:25


   
Made in gb
Mighty Brass Scorpion of Khorne





Why Aye Ya Canny Dakkanaughts!

 H.B.M.C. wrote:
xxhikaru123 wrote:
 Sersi wrote:
So, just to be clear Slaanesh Herald lost "all" their mounted options? The seeker mount, seeker chariot, and exalted chariot?
yes.
That seems really strange given that GW make a Herald on Chariot miniature.

Is this hinting that they are going to discontinue it then?

Ghorros wrote:
The moral of the story: Don't park your Imperial Knight in a field of Gretchin carrying power tools.
 Marmatag wrote:
All the while, my opponent is furious, throwing his codex on the floor, trying to slash his wrists with safety scissors.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so f***ing what." - Stephen Fry
 
   
Made in us
Grisly Ghost Ark Driver





The Eternity Gate

GUO looks great and with the new deepstrike strategem useable. Looking forward to the leaks on the other heralds.

01001000 01100001 01101001 01101100 00100000 01101111 01110101 01110010 00100000 01001110 01100101 01100011 01110010 01101111 01101110 00100000 01101111 01110110 01100101 01110010 01101100 01101111 01110010 01100100 01110011 00100001  
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Spoiler:
 Virules wrote:
 andysonic1 wrote:
 Virules wrote:
 andysonic1 wrote:
 Virules wrote:
 andysonic1 wrote:
WEW DAT BELL! SUMMONING ON 4D6 WEWEWEW that is god damn brutal
Really? I thought no one ever summoned anything but Khorne bloodletter bombs....
Imagine a Nurgle army with deep strike and summoning. Every time you pick away at it, it grows back, like a cancer spreading across the battlefield. I really like that they are sticking to that theme.
Not really, because you have to pay points for anything you summon? All it does is keep the GUO from moving from a turn and let you deep strike something without paying CPs for it?
I've never played a Nurgle army nor a GUO, but if you Deep Striked your GUO with another unit or two, you would be able to charge in that turn. Next turn you are either moving towards your next target or are in the thick of it, unmoving since you are in combat, so you use summoning then. I imagine we will see a lot of strategies like this since it's a pretty good one.
I really doubt it because you are wasting several turns to place down a unit that doesn't have reroll charges and that could've started the game on the table, but maybe.
Yes you can start on the table and then move your slow 7 inch Nurgle speed with your GUO and 5 inches with your Plaguebearers and get shot and assaulted for who knows how many turns until you are able to respond properly. Or you could put chaff on the table in the dark corners, behind cover and inside buildings, and then strike in waves with units that are at full strength coming from Deep Strike and summoning. As a World Eaters player, I can tell you it is always better to join the fray where you are most valuable at full strength as opposed to 3/4 or less.
   
Made in sg
Been Around the Block




How would you run your GUO?
   
Made in ca
Longtime Dakkanaut




*Current meatspace coordinates redacted*

I think very importantly the chances of getting a unit of any demon into effective range while it's still above 20 models to get benefit X are infinitely higher with DS. Especially key for Bloodletters, but also Horrors to some extent if you want that bonus dakka.

He knows that I know and you know that he actually doesn't know the rules at all. 
   
Made in nz
Regular Dakkanaut





GUO sounds very good i wonder how rotigus is in comparison!!
Looks like im going to add a strong detachment of daemon to my DG.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Theoretically since I don't have one and don't plan on getting one: Flail and Bell. Deep Strike in with some Plaugebearers and support them + your other units in the area, maybe Drones? I'm spending all my brainpower making Khorne Deamonkin lists, I have little left.
   
Made in us
Fluttering Firewyrm of Tzeentch





The GUO looks great on paper, I look forward to facing it down on the tabletop!

I don't play Nurgle Daemons myself, but I know a certain friend of mine will be very happy to have a decent GUO in his list that ISN'T Scabeiathrax.


 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Speaking of Khorne Deamonkin: can you share how many stratagems each god gets? Also seeking some clarification on the below:

Khorne: 1 model. Each time you make wound roll of 6+ fr friendly khorne daemon unit within 6" of bearer, can make another free attack.


When you say "free attack", do you mean another round of combat in the fight phase or they get an additional A(ttack) in their fight phase? So Bloodletters with 1 attack each get boosted to 2 attacks each. Or am I wildly off the mark?
   
Made in sg
Been Around the Block




 andysonic1 wrote:
Speaking of Khorne Deamonkin: can you share how many stratagems each god gets? Also seeking some clarification on the below:

Khorne: 1 model. Each time you make wound roll of 6+ fr friendly khorne daemon unit within 6" of bearer, can make another free attack.


When you say "free attack", do you mean another round of combat in the fight phase or they get an additional A(ttack) in their fight phase? So Bloodletters with 1 attack each get boosted to 2 attacks each. Or am I wildly off the mark?


Wildly. A bloodletter within range of the relic's bearer, makes a wound roll of 6+ ? that model gets to hit 1 more time. insane book-keeping. no thanks.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





xxhikaru123 wrote:
 andysonic1 wrote:
Speaking of Khorne Deamonkin: can you share how many stratagems each god gets? Also seeking some clarification on the below:
Khorne: 1 model. Each time you make wound roll of 6+ fr friendly khorne daemon unit within 6" of bearer, can make another free attack.
When you say "free attack", do you mean another round of combat in the fight phase or they get an additional A(ttack) in their fight phase? So Bloodletters with 1 attack each get boosted to 2 attacks each. Or am I wildly off the mark?
Wildly. A bloodletter within range of the relic's bearer, makes a wound roll of 6+ ? that model gets to hit 1 more time. insane book-keeping. no thanks.
That's...kinda annoying. So you roll to hit then to wound, then have to roll your extra attacks to hit again?
   
Made in de
Societal Outcast




Germany

Spoiler:
xxhikaru123 wrote:
 andysonic1 wrote:
Speaking of Khorne Deamonkin: can you share how many stratagems each god gets? Also seeking some clarification on the below:

Khorne: 1 model. Each time you make wound roll of 6+ fr friendly khorne daemon unit within 6" of bearer, can make another free attack.


When you say "free attack", do you mean another round of combat in the fight phase or they get an additional A(ttack) in their fight phase? So Bloodletters with 1 attack each get boosted to 2 attacks each. Or am I wildly off the mark?


Wildly. A bloodletter within range of the relic's bearer, makes a wound roll of 6+ ? that model gets to hit 1 more time. insane book-keeping. no thanks.


Sounds like Crimson Crown from AoS.
   
Made in us
Fluttering Firewyrm of Tzeentch





Hey xxhikaru123, any chance you could spill the beans on a few more Warlord Traits? I know you mentioned the reroll 1's to wound for Tzeentch, which sounds fantastic! Are there any other really powerful ones that stand out?

Also, I know you've been asked plenty of questions regarding The Fateweaver already, but as a special character does he come with a Warlord Trait as part of his rules? If so, what is it?

Thanks again for sharing, you're a gentleman and a scholar!


 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Aaaaand none of what I posted is actually possible! Deleted!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2018/01/04 00:48:00


 
   
Made in sg
Been Around the Block




 andysonic1 wrote:
 Xasz wrote:
Spoiler:
xxhikaru123 wrote:
 andysonic1 wrote:
Speaking of Khorne Deamonkin: can you share how many stratagems each god gets? Also seeking some clarification on the below:
Khorne: 1 model. Each time you make wound roll of 6+ fr friendly khorne daemon unit within 6" of bearer, can make another free attack.
When you say "free attack", do you mean another round of combat in the fight phase or they get an additional A(ttack) in their fight phase? So Bloodletters with 1 attack each get boosted to 2 attacks each. Or am I wildly off the mark?
Wildly. A bloodletter within range of the relic's bearer, makes a wound roll of 6+ ? that model gets to hit 1 more time. insane book-keeping. no thanks.
Sounds like Crimson Crown from AoS.
Just looked up what that was:
AGE OF SIGMAR - The Crimson Crown: When making attacks with the bearer and any KHORNE DAEMON models from your army that are within 8" of them in the combat phase, you can make one additional attack with that model for each hit roll of 6 you make. Any bonus attacks made in this manner must use the same weapon that generated them, but cannot themselves generate additional attacks.
That sounds a lot better than the one in 40k since it procs during the HIT roll and not the WOUND roll. The 40k one, if I'm understanding it correctly, makes you go backwards from the WOUND roll to then roll more HITS, which does seem like what hikaru said: insane book-keeping. Plus the amount of WOUND rolls you have will almost always be less than your HIT rolls, making it proc even less often.

I think I'll still try it once. Drop in 30 Bloodletters in front of a JuggerHerald, Stratagem them to 3D6 charge in, and daisy chain so they stay within 6 inches of the Herald. Could be good.


Dude, each model from the bearer, not unit. daisy chain does nothing for it lol it is not easy to pull off, and ridiculous amount of book-keeping

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2018/01/04 00:53:36


 
   
 
Forum Index » 40K General Discussion
Go to: