Switch Theme:

Heresy/30k - News & Rumours - Plastic Land Raider Proteus - Roadmap Pg202  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Veteran Knight Baron in a Crusader





Billicus wrote:


My bad, I was giving you the benefit of the doubt that you were making a reasonable point, not just being awkward - assumed your point was to do with his practicality as a gaming piece, not that he should be "the best evar because he's unbeatable". Anyway, there's no suggestion that a big E model is coming, so we don't need to worry about it either way, "chief".

There was that one time he was almost strangled to death by an Ork.
   
Made in au
Grizzled Space Wolves Great Wolf





Did the diorama come before or after the artwork depicting that some moment?
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




 Coolyo294 wrote:
 Marshal Loss wrote:
Leaks ahoy. Some great stuff, and some less than great stuff (e.g. confirmation of no jump packs for Palatines, Reavers, etc)
Very sad to see Iron Warriors officially lose all of their special characters save Perturabo and havocs.

Tyrant Terminators were still there.

Also looks like all Terminators have W2. Good change.
   
Made in us
Araqiel






 Coolyo294 wrote:
 Marshal Loss wrote:
Leaks ahoy. Some great stuff, and some less than great stuff (e.g. confirmation of no jump packs for Palatines, Reavers, etc)
Very sad to see Iron Warriors officially lose all of their special characters save Perturabo and havocs.


It's okay, you guys now have arguably the most under-costed terminators in the game.
   
Made in gb
Veteran Knight Baron in a Crusader





AllSeeingSkink wrote:
Did the diorama come before or after the artwork depicting that some moment?

Diorama is based on the B&W version, then Adrian Smith did one in colour after the diorama. B&W looks like maybe Ian Miller but idk.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/05/28 16:40:16


 
   
Made in us
Inspiring SDF-1 Bridge Officer






 jojo_monkey_boy wrote:
 Coolyo294 wrote:
 Marshal Loss wrote:
Leaks ahoy. Some great stuff, and some less than great stuff (e.g. confirmation of no jump packs for Palatines, Reavers, etc)
Very sad to see Iron Warriors officially lose all of their special characters save Perturabo and havocs.


It's okay, you guys now have arguably the most under-costed terminators in the game.


Well, it's always nice to feel you don't matter. Very appropiate for the Iron Warrior's treatment by the Imperium

Honestly, I don't even care that much except for the tyrants because they have a special payload, but even if they deleted havocs I could have still fielded them as something.

As for the special characters, I play loyalist, so...

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2022/05/28 16:45:42


 
   
Made in fi
Courageous Space Marine Captain






The black and white one is compositionally and thematically superior.

   
Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut





AllSeeingSkink wrote:
 Gert wrote:
Yeah, I remember that and I did wonder how FW would even make it work. He's more powerful than all the Primarchs, and when Magnus came out he was insanely good. So the Emperor would have to be either really expensive or toned down to a point where He wasn't represented well. Either way a generally unusable unit especially considering Custodes are already a very pricey army list.


How many points are the Primarchs? Do they often get used in regular (non-narrative) games?

I've never played a game of HH, I always assumed the Primarchs were too powerful for a regular game anyway, and were mostly there as display pieces, let alone the Emp.

Though I'd like to see the Emp even if he is just a display piece.... unless they mess him up in a disappointing way in which case I'd rather they don't do him


Primarchs are just very powerful special characters. All of them come with several USRs considered as default perks. Upon that they receive a few more which make them special. Do you want Mephiston running around in every 40K skirmish battle? Probably not. Same applies for the Primarchs. They better spend their time sitting in their office contemplating about daddy issues.

Emperor shouldn´t be represented on the field but GW will probably do him anyway. He is somewhat akin to Nagash which means too powerful to be playable. Should the Emperor really make it to the tabletop he will be nerfed to the ground just to give the opponent a chance to beat him.
   
Made in fi
Courageous Space Marine Captain






 Strg Alt wrote:

Emperor shouldn´t be represented on the field but GW will probably do him anyway. He is somewhat akin to Nagash which means too powerful to be playable. Should the Emperor really make it to the tabletop he will be nerfed to the ground just to give the opponent a chance to beat him.

I hope so! If he cannot lose to an ork warboss it's not lore appropriate!

   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran




JWBS wrote:
AllSeeingSkink wrote:
Did the diorama come before or after the artwork depicting that some moment?

Diorama is based on the B&W version, then Adrian Smith did one in colour after the diorama. B&W looks like maybe Ian Miller but idk.


They're both by Adrian Smith. His earlier stuff is mostly (maybe all?) tight pencil work.
   
Made in gb
Rampaging Furioso Blood Angel Dreadnought






UK

 Crimson wrote:
The black and white one is compositionally and thematically superior.


Couldn't agree more

   
Made in ca
Commander of the Mysterious 2nd Legion





the emperor and horus ascended will be statted as space marine captains, but have a special rule that no model other then horus or the emperor can actually hurt them. You read it here first!



joking aside I'd be shocked if they didn't when approperate, provide deamon primarch stats for morty magnus and angron and use the GW plastic minis

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/05/28 17:46:31


Opinions are not facts please don't confuse the two 
   
Made in us
Ancient Venerable Dreadnought




San Jose, CA

BrianDavion wrote:


joking aside I'd be shocked if they didn't when approperate, provide deamon primarch stats for morty magnus and angron and use the GW plastic minis


That would make sense, but GW isn't known for making too much sense to begin with.
   
Made in us
Araqiel






 Albertorius wrote:
Well, it's always nice to feel you don't matter. Very appropiate for the Iron Warrior's treatment by the Imperium

Honestly, I don't even care that much except for the tyrants because they have a special payload, but even if they deleted havocs I could have still fielded them as something.

As for the special characters, I play loyalist, so...


You're not the only legion being hit by the no-models-no-rules beat-stick. I collect salamanders. We lost every special character excluding vulkan. Including one that actually did have a model.
   
Made in fi
5th God of Chaos (O'rly?)





 Gert wrote:
Not sure what the snark is for. We're talking about the dude who could destroy Gargants singe handedly, who powered the Aegis Shield on Terra for months and still had enough power left over to unmake a Pantheon empowered Horus.



Well fluffwise primarch should be unplayable in 30k game scale being unbeatable warp monsters so...

2022 painted/bought: 497/632 
   
Made in us
Bounding Assault Marine





Billicus wrote:
My bad, I was giving you the benefit of the doubt that you were making a reasonable point, not just being awkward - assumed your point was to do with his practicality as a gaming piece, not that he should be "the best evar because he's unbeatable". Anyway, there's no suggestion that a big E model is coming, so we don't need to worry about it either way, "chief".


I mean, there is lol. He's actually got a rule associated with him in 1st edition. It's mentioned that if you take Jenetia Krole she has to be your warlord, unless you take Valdor who has to be your warlord, unless you take the Emperor in which case he has to be your warlord.
   
Made in us
Blessed Living Saint




On the Internet

 Crimson wrote:
The black and white one is compositionally and thematically superior.

This B&W one?
Spoiler:




Same artist did this one:
Spoiler:




That said I don't think anyone is pushing this one as the best:
Spoiler:


   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




I actually like the third one more. Encompasses how dangerous and dire the situation is vs the second one that us, while epic in its own right, is more religious in connotation and makes sense as more, well, artwork I guess?
   
Made in us
Blessed Living Saint




On the Internet

EviscerationPlague wrote:
I actually like the third one more. Encompasses how dangerous and dire the situation is vs the second one that us, while epic in its own right, is more religious in connotation and makes sense as more, well, artwork I guess?

I guess it just bothers me because the Emperor looks like he's dancing.
   
Made in ca
Commander of the Mysterious 2nd Legion





 ClockworkZion wrote:
EviscerationPlague wrote:
I actually like the third one more. Encompasses how dangerous and dire the situation is vs the second one that us, while epic in its own right, is more religious in connotation and makes sense as more, well, artwork I guess?

I guess it just bothers me because the Emperor looks like he's dancing.


dancing and martial arts are closer related then you might think.

Opinions are not facts please don't confuse the two 
   
Made in fi
Courageous Space Marine Captain






 ClockworkZion wrote:
 Crimson wrote:
The black and white one is compositionally and thematically superior.

This B&W one?
Spoiler:





Yes. It has foreboding tone. The Emperor is leaning forwards, stepping towards Horus who looms menacingly above him, their eyes locked. Emperor's sword is raised and it intersect the picture in in and angle towards Horus. Black empty space behind them in the middle of the picture frames them effectively. The newer one has of course more detail, but compositionally it is much weaker; Emperor in particular just seems to be posing.

And the third one just is a bit of a mess.

   
Made in gb
Never Forget Isstvan!






tneva82 wrote:

Well fluffwise primarch should be unplayable in 30k game scale being unbeatable warp monsters so...

The Primarchs aren't Warp monsters in HH and the ones that are in 40k have the weakness of not being mortal anymore and can be banished from the material plane for hundreds of years.
In the Heresy and Scouring alone Super Horus, Ferrus Manus, Sanguinius, Vulkan, Alpharius and Curze all die (multiple times in Vulkans case). Russ, regular Horus and the Khan all nearly die as well and Magnus comes pretty close when Russ shatters his soul.
   
Made in us
Khorne Rhino Driver with Destroyer




I miss the days when not only did Horus have two lightning claws, but they were so rare that he was the only person to have two of them. That mace is lame.
   
Made in fi
Calculating Commissar







Bob Lorgar wrote:
I miss the days when not only did Horus have two lightning claws, but they were so rare that he was the only person to have two of them. That mace is lame.


That'd be a very, very long time ago, then. Close combat terminators were depicted with lightning claws all the way back in the 1991 catalogue (the first metal termies with the scalloped edges to their shoulder pads). Indeed, they were the only unit in the game that could take them in 2nd edition, and only in pairs.

So dig me a grave where I can rave and scribble for all time
Dig me a grave where I can vent articulate splenetic rhyme
Dig me a grave where I can nurture a hatred most sublime
For the fools who made this mess and think it not a crime 
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut





 Gert wrote:
The Primarchs aren't Warp monsters in HH and the ones that are in 40k have the weakness of not being mortal anymore and can be banished from the material plane for hundreds of years.
In the Heresy and Scouring alone Super Horus, Ferrus Manus, Sanguinius, Vulkan, Alpharius and Curze all die (multiple times in Vulkans case). Russ, regular Horus and the Khan all nearly die as well and Magnus comes pretty close when Russ shatters his soul.


Well yes ... but don't they die to each other? I'm not sure what that proves about their power level relative to other entities.
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka







 crumby_cataphract wrote:
 Gert wrote:
The Primarchs aren't Warp monsters in HH and the ones that are in 40k have the weakness of not being mortal anymore and can be banished from the material plane for hundreds of years.
In the Heresy and Scouring alone Super Horus, Ferrus Manus, Sanguinius, Vulkan, Alpharius and Curze all die (multiple times in Vulkans case). Russ, regular Horus and the Khan all nearly die as well and Magnus comes pretty close when Russ shatters his soul.


Well yes ... but don't they die to each other? I'm not sure what that proves about their power level relative to other entities.

Not all of them - Curze dies (as far as we know) to a Callidus Assassin.

2021 Plog - Here we go again... - my fifth attempt at a Dakka PLOG

My [url=https://pileofpotential.com/dysartes]Pile of Potential[/url - updates ongoing...

Gamgee on Tau Players wrote:we all kill cats and sell our own families to the devil and eat live puppies.


 Kanluwen wrote:
This is, emphatically, why I will continue suggesting nuking Guard and starting over again. It's a legacy army that needs to be rebooted with a new focal point.

Confirmation of why no-one should listen to Kanluwen when it comes to the IG - he doesn't want the IG, he want's Kan's New Model Army... 
   
Made in fi
5th God of Chaos (O'rly?)





 Gert wrote:
tneva82 wrote:

Well fluffwise primarch should be unplayable in 30k game scale being unbeatable warp monsters so...

The Primarchs aren't Warp monsters in HH and the ones that are in 40k have the weakness of not being mortal anymore and can be banished from the material plane for hundreds of years.
In the Heresy and Scouring alone Super Horus, Ferrus Manus, Sanguinius, Vulkan, Alpharius and Curze all die (multiple times in Vulkans case). Russ, regular Horus and the Khan all nearly die as well and Magnus comes pretty close when Russ shatters his soul.


Eh primarch were created with warp power from the get-go...they always were warp monsters. They got power up from warp thanks to deal emperor made.

Fluffwise nothing short of primarch or equilavent should be able to take one down. Certainly not random squad of marines.


And funny you mention list of primarch killing primarch plus primarch doing suicide. You arb proving my point. Primarch already are on level of shouldn't be in game if you want them to be fluff truthful without literally having rule "may not be killed except by primarch and emperor" while being able to take out anything(including warlord titan. Happened in fluff".

They aren't just super strong humans. Warp flew through them from the start.
Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Dysartes wrote:
 crumby_cataphract wrote:
 Gert wrote:
The Primarchs aren't Warp monsters in HH and the ones that are in 40k have the weakness of not being mortal anymore and can be banished from the material plane for hundreds of years.
In the Heresy and Scouring alone Super Horus, Ferrus Manus, Sanguinius, Vulkan, Alpharius and Curze all die (multiple times in Vulkans case). Russ, regular Horus and the Khan all nearly die as well and Magnus comes pretty close when Russ shatters his soul.


Well yes ... but don't they die to each other? I'm not sure what that proves about their power level relative to other entities.

Not all of them - Curze dies (as far as we know) to a Callidus Assassin.


Yea letting yourself be killed is such an awesome feat for assasin eh? Curze wasn't beaten by assasin. He let assasin kill him.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2022/05/29 10:39:40


2022 painted/bought: 497/632 
   
Made in us
Stern Iron Priest with Thrall Bodyguard





tneva82 wrote:
 Gert wrote:
tneva82 wrote:

Well fluffwise primarch should be unplayable in 30k game scale being unbeatable warp monsters so...

The Primarchs aren't Warp monsters in HH and the ones that are in 40k have the weakness of not being mortal anymore and can be banished from the material plane for hundreds of years.
In the Heresy and Scouring alone Super Horus, Ferrus Manus, Sanguinius, Vulkan, Alpharius and Curze all die (multiple times in Vulkans case). Russ, regular Horus and the Khan all nearly die as well and Magnus comes pretty close when Russ shatters his soul.


Eh primarch were created with warp power from the get-go...they always were warp monsters. They got power up from warp thanks to deal emperor made.

Allegedly. According to the being whispering in Magnus’s ear. Because it’s totally impossible that a being 80,000 years old could have just figured some of that rune stuff out on his own.

"Three months? I'm going to go crazy …and I'm taking you with me!"
— Vala Mal Doran
 
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




Germany

 Crimson wrote:
 ClockworkZion wrote:
 Crimson wrote:
The black and white one is compositionally and thematically superior.

This B&W one?
Spoiler:





Yes. It has foreboding tone. The Emperor is leaning forwards, stepping towards Horus who looms menacingly above him, their eyes locked. Emperor's sword is raised and it intersect the picture in in and angle towards Horus. Black empty space behind them in the middle of the picture frames them effectively.


Too bad it kind of looks awfull all over.

"Tabletop games are the only setting when a body is made more horrifying for NOT being chopped into smaller pieces."
- Jiado 
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

I like the third bit of artwork specifically because of Sanguinius. He's just flat on his face, dead, in the background. It's so weirdly undignified and lacking in any drama, unlike the other two.


Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

 
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: