Switch Theme:

Comrade and Ruglud's Round 5 :Tank Round:  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Battleship Captain








Alright lads! its time for another round, and well you know what that means time to get the models rolling.
This round is to create a tank or monster creature. That is correct the big beast with cannons and treads, or wait, with legs?! Yes this round all tank types are allowed to be entered. If you want to do a transport go for it, if you want to do a cannon wielding doom engine, go for it included in this is of course war walkers. Nothing that flies please! - if your creature has wings, but isn't modeling in a flight mode it is fine.



Rules and Doo Dads
Model must be a tank type and armored AND OR a monster creature! YEAH carnage.
Model must be painted - even if you are not the best gold deamon status painter - this category is only a mild scale tipper

Painting as follows -will be judge be effort which includes, but is not limited too:
Spoiler:
highlighting
washing
OSL
gem effects
power weapon effects
weathering
and lastly freehanding


Basing is also a requirement (IF IT HAS ONE)
Main judging will be done based on the rule of cool



DEADLINE - JULY 16th (NO EXTENTIONS )

Current Contestants!
*---------------------------*
Losteriksson
TheFatElf (Has bowed out)
lordcommandercorvus
Hive Fleet Lazarus
40kFSU
ProfessionalAmateur
mad_eddy_13
Matt.Kingsley
Camkierhi
inmygravenimage (Has bowed out)
Casey's Law (Has bowed out)
Smitty
Theophony (Has bowed out)
Lucarikx
ashotninja
grrrfranky
SelvaggioSaky
wonkobaggins
MikeFox
miniholic (Last minute entry)

This message was edited 27 times. Last update was at 2013/07/16 18:01:17


 
   
Made in gb
Imperial Agent Provocateur




uk

Right I'm in...no idea what I'm doing better get my thinking hat on.
   
Made in gb
Unshakeable Grey Knight Land Raider Pilot





United Kingdom

Right, after going dark halfway through the last round, I am determined to take part in this one.

And who knows...I might finish this time
   
Made in gb
Ambitious Marauder






Cold I do a drop pod?

Schools league regional finals 2013 : 1st place 40k

 
   
Made in us
Elite Tyranid Warrior





R'lyeh

I'm in. I have a custom tyranid apoc unit I've been wanting to build for a while. (Apoc units are allowed right?) It's a bit of a streatch but I think it'll work.

Hive Fleet Lazarus the Undying Swarm
Iron Angels of Khorne
Deathwatch Encyclopedia
 
   
Made in us
Battleship Captain






TheFatElf wrote:Right, after going dark halfway through the last round, I am determined to take part in this one.

And who knows...I might finish this time


I believe! and welcome.

lordcommandercorvus wrote:Cold I do a drop pod?


Yes, its a tankish thing.

Hive Fleet Lazarus wrote:I'm in. I have a custom tyranid apoc unit I've been wanting to build for a while. (Apoc units are allowed right?) It's a bit of a streatch but I think it'll work.



I suppose a monster creature should also be allowed. Size of the model does not matter. So APOC a ok.
   
Made in gb
Unshakeable Grey Knight Land Raider Pilot





United Kingdom

 cormadepanda wrote:
TheFatElf wrote:Right, after going dark halfway through the last round, I am determined to take part in this one.

And who knows...I might finish this time


I believe! and welcome.



That makes one of us!

As an Ork, I can have fun with this, so let's hope so. I'll make some kind of mad-mek type undefined monstrosity.
   
Made in us
Battleship Captain






 TheFatElf wrote:
 cormadepanda wrote:
TheFatElf wrote:Right, after going dark halfway through the last round, I am determined to take part in this one.

And who knows...I might finish this time


I believe! and welcome.



That makes one of us!

As an Ork, I can have fun with this, so let's hope so. I'll make some kind of mad-mek type undefined monstrosity.


And paint it in an orky fashion.
   
Made in us
Stubborn Dark Angels Veteran Sergeant






Count me in. As luck would have it, I've just started the Raven Guard.
   
Made in us
Battleship Captain






 40kFSU wrote:
Count me in. As luck would have it, I've just started the Raven Guard.


CA CAW MOTHER%@#$%$^#*
   
Made in gb
Dipping With Wood Stain





York, UK

*thump*


That was the sound of my hat being thrown into the ring.
Needed an excuse to paint up a MC or two anyhoo

"Do you think it is an easy task to inflate a dog?" - Cervantes

"Do you have a map of the cat?" - Richard Feynman

How to paint Skeletons the way I do if that's something you'd fancy trying. 
   
Made in us
Battleship Captain






 ProfessionalAmateur wrote:
*thump*


That was the sound of my hat being thrown into the ring.
Needed an excuse to paint up a MC or two anyhoo


Welcome.
   
Made in us
Stubborn Dark Angels Veteran Sergeant






I see monters, tanks, walkers are included. What of flyers?
   
Made in us
Battleship Captain






 40kFSU wrote:
I see monters, tanks, walkers are included. What of flyers?


hmmmm good question. I am going to rule no winged beasts, or tanks. We want this to stay down on the dirty ground.
   
Made in ca
Hurr! Ogryn Bone 'Ead!






I'm in, if only to see what you all are up to.

(but tanks are cool)

{url=http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/675142.page]{img]http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2012/11/8/429237_md-.jpg{/img]{/url]  
   
Made in us
Battleship Captain






 mad_eddy_13 wrote:
I'm in, if only to see what you all are up to.

(but tanks are cool)


Also welcome.
   
Made in au
Witch Hunter Undercover in a Cult







I'm in!
   
Made in gb
Omnious Orc Shaman





A long time ago in a galaxy far, far, away...

Good luck one and all - as you can see my name is up in lights for this so I'll be sitting back with Panda and perusing your undoubtedly awesome entries

   
Made in us
Battleship Captain






Matt.Kingsley wrote:I'm in!


Welcome back!

Ruglud wrote:Good luck one and all - as you can see my name is up in lights for this so I'll be sitting back with Panda and perusing your undoubtedly awesome entries


You can still do stuff, but you have become a judge!
BESTOW JUDGEMENT
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Gargantuan Great Squiggoth





Not where I should be

I would like to throw my hat in too.

This should be fun.




 
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Screaming into the void






Mostly, on my phone.

Yeah, treadhead time! Might have a tank in the works (or 3)...

Theophony"... and there's strippers in terminator armor and lovecraftian shenanigans afoot."
Solar_Lion: "Man this sums up your blog nicely."

Anpu-adom: "being Geek is about Love. Some love broadly. Some love deeply. And then there are people like Graven.
2021 Painted model tally: 755 
   
Made in de
Shroomin Brain Boy





Berlin Germany

I WANT TO JOIN... i need a new unfinished project again

and it will be a walker of enourmous proportions... a project i have planned for quite some time...and it will be IKEA sponsored so highly educational and everybody could later on make one on their own...

the build will be ideal for apocalypse settings!!!

   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Screaming into the void






Mostly, on my phone.

See I have a gargantuan squiggoth that needs attention, but I can't bring myself to get it together. I'm using the pic at the top as a guide.

Theophony"... and there's strippers in terminator armor and lovecraftian shenanigans afoot."
Solar_Lion: "Man this sums up your blog nicely."

Anpu-adom: "being Geek is about Love. Some love broadly. Some love deeply. And then there are people like Graven.
2021 Painted model tally: 755 
   
Made in gb
Omnious Orc Shaman





A long time ago in a galaxy far, far, away...

I'm undecided Panda on whether I'll enter - I have some more business trips abroad over the next few weeks, plus I don't have any vehicles at the moment that I want to build... But I sure as hell will enjoy seeing all the effort from our wonderful contestants and I'll be singing this the whole way...




You gotta love tanks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2013/06/18 23:42:40


   
Made in us
Ragin' Ork Dreadnought






Albany, Australia

I *know* I won't be able to manage this, so spectator only this time. Available for encouragement and advice!

   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka







Oooh, exciting!

I have something that I've roughed out but needs a tonne if work. Would that be allowed or does it have to be something brand new off of the sprue?

Also, it's 9cm/3.5inches tall but it's not a 'codex unit' just something from the depths of my imagination. It could probably run as a Daemon Prince if I had to give it a name. Is that a suitable Monstrous Creature entry?

   
Made in us
Storm Trooper with Maglight





Virginia

I'm in


Automatically Appended Next Post:
I already have something in mind. Time to break out the 257th Brimlock's "Holy Armour"!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2013/06/19 03:40:03



 
   
Made in us
Battleship Captain






Casey's Law wrote:Oooh, exciting!

I have something that I've roughed out but needs a tonne if work. Would that be allowed or does it have to be something brand new off of the sprue?

Also, it's 9cm/3.5inches tall but it's not a 'codex unit' just something from the depths of my imagination. It could probably run as a Daemon Prince if I had to give it a name. Is that a suitable Monstrous Creature entry?


as long as it is not posed flying it is good!

Smitty wrote:I'm in


Automatically Appended Next Post:
I already have something in mind. Time to break out the 257th Brimlock's "Holy Armour"!


TANKS!
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Gargantuan Great Squiggoth





Not where I should be

So here's my finished entry....





Just kidding.

I will definitely be working on a tank.......

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2013/06/19 06:43:10





 
   
Made in us
Storm Trooper with Maglight





Virginia

You scared me for a second...


 
   
 
Forum Index » Dakka P&M Blogs
Go to: