Switch Theme:

[Adepta Sororitas] Shipping Jan 18  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Dakka Veteran




Portland

changemod wrote:


A priest doesn’t break the theme of a Sisters of Battle army in the slightest (unless you count “all female” as part of the army theme, in which case as mentioned no lore prevents a female priest conversion)


In your opinion it doesn't break the theme of Sisters of Battle. A lot of us play Sisters to field Sisters, not priests or missionaries. For us it breaks the theme.
   
Made in us
Been Around the Block




I'm going to have all Sisters with one exception: Inquisitor Coteaz, he's a beast and adds a couple of really good powers.

For me thematically I could see the Sisters recruiting an Inquisitor whenever they need to go and "cleanse" a world of corruption and xenos taint.

Grayfax fit's the all-female theme and her rules aren't bad either. Good against psyker-heavy armies.
   
Made in gb
Blood-Raging Khorne Berserker




jivardi wrote:
I'm going to have all Sisters with one exception: Inquisitor Coteaz, he's a beast and adds a couple of really good powers.

For me thematically I could see the Sisters recruiting an Inquisitor whenever they need to go and "cleanse" a world of corruption and xenos taint.

Grayfax fit's the all-female theme and her rules aren't bad either. Good against psyker-heavy armies.


Inquisitors have a heavy involvement with the sisters historically, although the inquisition order about the sisters rather than the sisters hiring an inquisitor.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 jake wrote:
changemod wrote:


A priest doesn’t break the theme of a Sisters of Battle army in the slightest (unless you count “all female” as part of the army theme, in which case as mentioned no lore prevents a female priest conversion)


In your opinion it doesn't break the theme of Sisters of Battle. A lot of us play Sisters to field Sisters, not priests or missionaries. For us it breaks the theme.


No but the point was if someone deliberately doesn't want to take some of the options available to conform to a limited theme, people then can't complain about having reduced options.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/01/13 08:17:28


 
   
Made in fi
Decrepit Dakkanaut





jivardi wrote:
I'm going to have all Sisters with one exception: Inquisitor Coteaz, he's a beast and adds a couple of really good powers.

For me thematically I could see the Sisters recruiting an Inquisitor whenever they need to go and "cleanse" a world of corruption and xenos taint.

Grayfax fit's the all-female theme and her rules aren't bad either. Good against psyker-heavy armies.


Thematically doesn't fit. Guy who speaks with authority of emperor doesn't get hired. He'll rather requests forces and expects to be served and though coteaz isn't ordo hereticus getting sob support isn't beond him.

So pairing works but who initiates connection is likely opposite. Mind you if they happen to be on same planet and sob asked inquisitor might agree to work together if cause is right.

And any ordo hereticus inquisitor benefits from sob being armed forces of ordo

https://middleagedstrategybattlegamers.home.blog/2019/12/31/tneva82-december-moria/<- lotr painting blog

12 factions for Lord of The Rings
11772 pts(along with lots of unpainted unsorted stuff)
5265 pts
5150 pts
~3200 pts Knights

 
   
Made in us
Been Around the Block




I just like the idea of an Inquisitor in my force regardless of how he (or she) got there in the first place.

Maybe not thematically that way but I'm sure I can spin up some backstory for why a lone male is doing the whim of 100's of Sisters with bolt guns and other guns, not to mention getting "the look" from those some women all at the same time.

So sue me if I'm getting creative.
   
Made in fi
Decrepit Dakkanaut





Why he needs to be taking orders? Why not have him, or her for that matter since inquisitors can be either gender?

https://middleagedstrategybattlegamers.home.blog/2019/12/31/tneva82-december-moria/<- lotr painting blog

12 factions for Lord of The Rings
11772 pts(along with lots of unpainted unsorted stuff)
5265 pts
5150 pts
~3200 pts Knights

 
   
Made in gb
Ork-Hunting Inquisitorial Xenokiller




Watch Fortress Excalibris

It's entirely plausible that a Canoness might have worked with/for an Inquisitor in the past and know how to contact him to ask for assistance. And Inquisitors are not all bombastic donkey-caves who just march in and start barking orders. An Inquisitor of the Amalathian Principles might be quite content to serve as an advisor to a Canoness. He might technically 'outrank' her, but she's an experienced battlefield commander and he isn't, so it's entirely sensible for him to defer to her on strictly military matters.



"Everyone in 40K is wrong." - ADB

Wishing for other people's armies/factions to be squatted should be a bannable offence. 
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran




Portland

Dudeface wrote:

 jake wrote:
changemod wrote:


A priest doesn’t break the theme of a Sisters of Battle army in the slightest (unless you count “all female” as part of the army theme, in which case as mentioned no lore prevents a female priest conversion)


In your opinion it doesn't break the theme of Sisters of Battle. A lot of us play Sisters to field Sisters, not priests or missionaries. For us it breaks the theme.


No but the point was if someone deliberately doesn't want to take some of the options available to conform to a limited theme, people then can't complain about having reduced options.


Except that wasn't actually the point. The point was that GW missed a real opportunity to introduce a second generic Sisters command choice, which is something many Sisters players had been hoping for. And then several people decided to misconstrue the point to make it look like other people were complaining for no reason.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/01/13 09:25:25


 
   
Made in gb
Blood-Raging Khorne Berserker




 jake wrote:
Dudeface wrote:

 jake wrote:
changemod wrote:


A priest doesn’t break the theme of a Sisters of Battle army in the slightest (unless you count “all female” as part of the army theme, in which case as mentioned no lore prevents a female priest conversion)


In your opinion it doesn't break the theme of Sisters of Battle. A lot of us play Sisters to field Sisters, not priests or missionaries. For us it breaks the theme.


No but the point was if someone deliberately doesn't want to take some of the options available to conform to a limited theme, people then can't complain about having reduced options.


Except that wasn't actually the point. The point was that GW missed a real opportunity to introduce a second generic Sisters command choice, which is something many Sisters players had been hoping for. And then several people decided to misconstrue the point to make it look like other people were complaining for no reason.


Yes, because they didn't want to take missionaries or special HQ's since they don't conform with their theme, so wanted a secondary sister based HQ. I don't disagree it would be a nice addition, however when releasing a full army in plastic from scratch, extra new units isn't a priority. I do wish there was a generic character on pulpit though, that would have been cool.

I'd imagine the generic HQ is going to be in the last week, not sure why, just a gut feeling.
   
Made in fr
Hallowed Canoness





Using the “stained glass helmet” (cf my avatar) on a canoness, yay or nay?
I mean, I think I need to find people willing to exchange this against other bits, I wanna put some everywhere now!

 
   
Made in gb
Blood-Raging Khorne Berserker




 Hybrid Son Of Oxayotl wrote:
Using the “stained glass helmet” (cf my avatar) on a canoness, yay or nay?
I mean, I think I need to find people willing to exchange this against other bits, I wanna put some everywhere now!


Yes, I hadn't thought of that but I love the idea!

It's also dawning on me that I think I prefer the old immolator, does that make me odd?
   
Made in fi
Courageous Space Marine Captain






 Hybrid Son Of Oxayotl wrote:
Using the “stained glass helmet” (cf my avatar) on a canoness, yay or nay?
I mean, I think I need to find people willing to exchange this against other bits, I wanna put some everywhere now!


Should work. I might put it on a Repentia Mistress.

--

Also, why are people are so gung ho about putting heavy bolters on Mortifiers? It is mainly a close combat unit (and fast one too, so it can actually get to combat) and it can fire its heavy flamers as pistols! Sounds rather handy to me.

Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane. 
   
Made in fi
Decrepit Dakkanaut





So flagelants 30 pound(devastators, exorcist 60 aka land raider and hospitalier 22.5e like scout bikes. Don't recall others as those were my 3 primary concerns(hospitalier as imagifier likely same price).

Expected prices

https://middleagedstrategybattlegamers.home.blog/2019/12/31/tneva82-december-moria/<- lotr painting blog

12 factions for Lord of The Rings
11772 pts(along with lots of unpainted unsorted stuff)
5265 pts
5150 pts
~3200 pts Knights

 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut




 jake wrote:
Dudeface wrote:

 jake wrote:
changemod wrote:


A priest doesn’t break the theme of a Sisters of Battle army in the slightest (unless you count “all female” as part of the army theme, in which case as mentioned no lore prevents a female priest conversion)


In your opinion it doesn't break the theme of Sisters of Battle. A lot of us play Sisters to field Sisters, not priests or missionaries. For us it breaks the theme.


No but the point was if someone deliberately doesn't want to take some of the options available to conform to a limited theme, people then can't complain about having reduced options.


Except that wasn't actually the point. The point was that GW missed a real opportunity to introduce a second generic Sisters command choice, which is something many Sisters players had been hoping for. And then several people decided to misconstrue the point to make it look like other people were complaining for no reason.


I’d be happy to have more generic HQ options in case I don’t feel like taking Celestine one day, that’s very much a recurring issue for many armies at the moment, particularly Custodes and despite the fact that they’ve tried clumsily to fix it a few times, AdMech.

But as far as theming goes? A priest attached to a convent is entirely in theme for said convent. Not only is it a case of conforming to a limited theme, it’s taking an already very tightly defined theme then chipping a little more off it then complaining your theme is too thin.
   
Made in de
Poisonous Tomb Scorpion






Nice to see there's a head that recalls the original ecstatic organ player in the Exorcist kit.

Nehekhara lives! Sort of! 
   
Made in gb
Wight Lord with the Sword of Kings






UK

Well ordered one of each of this wave - same for the next.

Missed out on the dice though :(

I AM A MARINE PLAYER

"Unimaginably ancient xenos artefact somewhere on the planet, hive fleet poised above our heads, hidden 'stealer broods making an early start....and now a bloody Chaos cult crawling out of the woodwork just in case we were bored. Welcome to my world, Ciaphas."
Inquisitor Amberley Vail, Ordo Xenos

"I will admit that some Primachs like Russ or Horus could have a chance against an unarmed 12 year old novice but, a full Battle Sister??!! One to one? In close combat? Perhaps three Primarchs fighting together... but just one Primarch?" da001

www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/528517.page

A Bloody Road - my Warhammer Fantasy Fiction 
   
Made in gb
Blood-Raging Khorne Berserker




Exorcist - £50
Penitent engines (2) - £35
Flagellants (10) - £30
Junith - £27.50
Hospitaller - £22.50

Reported by chapter master valarak on b&c


http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/361191-pre-orders-for-this-week/page-2#entry5460596
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut




Dudeface wrote:
Exorcist - £50
Penitent engines (2) - £35
Flagellants (10) - £30
Junith - £27.50
Hospitaller - £22.50

Reported by chapter master valarak on b&c


http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/361191-pre-orders-for-this-week/page-2#entry5460596


22 for a minor elite clampack that’s not even likely to see tabletop use because it’s an apothecary for an army even less able to make good use of apothecaries?
   
Made in gb
Princeps of the Emperor's Titan!






 Mr Morden wrote:
Well ordered one of each of this wave - same for the next.

Missed out on the dice though :(


If you’ve got a local Warhammer store, give them a try early doors on Saturday

Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives?Why not join us?

 
   
Made in ca
Regular Dakkanaut





Eastern Ontario

Dudeface wrote:
Exorcist - £50
Penitent engines (2) - £35
Flagellants (10) - £30
Junith - £27.50
Hospitaller - £22.50

Reported by chapter master valarak on b&c


http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/361191-pre-orders-for-this-week/page-2#entry5460596


If this is true that puts the Exorcist at the Repulsor price point of $100 CAD which is...yikes.

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment. 
   
Made in gb
Blood-Raging Khorne Berserker




 Kawauso wrote:
Dudeface wrote:
Exorcist - £50
Penitent engines (2) - £35
Flagellants (10) - £30
Junith - £27.50
Hospitaller - £22.50

Reported by chapter master valarak on b&c


http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/361191-pre-orders-for-this-week/page-2#entry5460596


If this is true that puts the Exorcist at the Repulsor price point of $100 CAD which is...yikes.


It's the one that seems a bit off compared to the rest, a predator is £37.50 for what is nigh on the same size and you'd assume close to the same volume of plastic. £42.50 - 45 feels like the price point it should be at.
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

Prices in USD, going off brackets:
Exorcist--$80
Penitent Engines--$60
Flagellants--$50
Junith--$45
Hospitaller--$35.

Hospitaller's at a weird pricepoint that covers $35 to $37.50(which is mostly older stuff like the Shokk Attack Gun Mek and Finecast Nurgle Daemon Prince).
   
Made in fi
Decrepit Dakkanaut





Dudeface wrote:
 Kawauso wrote:
Dudeface wrote:
Exorcist - £50
Penitent engines (2) - £35
Flagellants (10) - £30
Junith - £27.50
Hospitaller - £22.50

Reported by chapter master valarak on b&c


http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/361191-pre-orders-for-this-week/page-2#entry5460596


If this is true that puts the Exorcist at the Repulsor price point of $100 CAD which is...yikes.


It's the one that seems a bit off compared to the rest, a predator is £37.50 for what is nigh on the same size and you'd assume close to the same volume of plastic. £42.50 - 45 feels like the price point it should be at.


You have to remember gw doesn't do yearly price hikes anymore. Instead they up price of new kits. If predator would be released now it would be this ballmark and land raider(which is what this costs) would cost even more.


https://middleagedstrategybattlegamers.home.blog/2019/12/31/tneva82-december-moria/<- lotr painting blog

12 factions for Lord of The Rings
11772 pts(along with lots of unpainted unsorted stuff)
5265 pts
5150 pts
~3200 pts Knights

 
   
Made in es
Grim Dark Angels Interrogator-Chaplain




Vigo. Spain.

tneva82 wrote:
Dudeface wrote:
 Kawauso wrote:
Dudeface wrote:
Exorcist - £50
Penitent engines (2) - £35
Flagellants (10) - £30
Junith - £27.50
Hospitaller - £22.50

Reported by chapter master valarak on b&c


http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/361191-pre-orders-for-this-week/page-2#entry5460596


If this is true that puts the Exorcist at the Repulsor price point of $100 CAD which is...yikes.


It's the one that seems a bit off compared to the rest, a predator is £37.50 for what is nigh on the same size and you'd assume close to the same volume of plastic. £42.50 - 45 feels like the price point it should be at.


You have to remember gw doesn't do yearly price hikes anymore. Instead they up price of new kits. If predator would be released now it would be this ballmark and land raider(which is what this costs) would cost even more.



But they actually did a general price hike this past summer.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/01/13 16:43:21


 Crimson Devil wrote:

Dakka does have White Knights and is also rather infamous for it's Black Knights. A new edition brings out the passionate and not all of them are good at expressing themselves in written form. There have been plenty of hysterical responses from both sides so far. So we descend into pointless bickering with neither side listening to each other. So posting here becomes more masturbation than conversation.

ERJAK wrote:
Forcing a 40k player to keep playing 7th is basically a hate crime.

 
   
Made in fi
Decrepit Dakkanaut





Yes. First in how many years. Before this policy they did price hike to pretty much everything every year. Matter of taste which system you prefer

https://middleagedstrategybattlegamers.home.blog/2019/12/31/tneva82-december-moria/<- lotr painting blog

12 factions for Lord of The Rings
11772 pts(along with lots of unpainted unsorted stuff)
5265 pts
5150 pts
~3200 pts Knights

 
   
Made in ca
Missionary On A Mission






Ordered mine on Saturday when it all first dropped (was expecting them to sell out like every other time, what a pleasant surprise), so that's the dice, cards, Katherine, three retributor boxes and six battle sister boxes. I've been setting aside the money for years now so it's fine, but I still balked at the number,

By my reconning that'll be enough heavy bolters for three retributor squads, three battle sister squads with double storms, and enough bog standard bolter babes to inflate squad sizes and protect more specialist sisters.

I agree it would be nice to have a palatine or other generic sister HQ to allow more flexibility in detachments but between a battalion and one of the 1cp detachment you can field a Sororitas exclusive list at any point value. Fluff wize any canoness you field that isn't your warlord is probably a palatine technically right?

As far as the missionaries go, you could always run them as members of the Orders Pronatus or Sabine and have their lack of order benefit represent the non-combat nature of their order. I get that it's not doctrinally pure necessarily, but in regards to fluff and gameplay you can have your cake and eat it too.

I'm personally leaning towards a force with heavy bolter retributors, exorcists and repentia in transports, each accompanied by a canoness, and backed up by some manner of Hereticus inquisitor or kitbashed Kamarazov.

   
Made in us
Consigned to the Grim Darkness





USA

If I'm gonna use one of the named characters from the store right now for a generic canoness it wouldn't be Veridiyan, but rather Novena. A massively superior sculpt, and also plastic.

The people in the past who convinced themselves to do unspeakable things were no less human than you or I. They made their decisions; the only thing that prevents history from repeating itself is making different ones.
-- Adam Serwer
My blog
 
   
Made in gb
Sister Oh-So Repentia





UK

Okay there's just no way I'm paying that much for the Hospitaller. That's ridiculous, I could buy an entire second Junith for almost the same price.

I must have fallen out of the loop when it comes to pricing of individual characters. I'd MAYBE pay that much for the Canoness, but not for the supporting characters. I already have four of the original Hospitaller and was only going to get the new sculpt for the novelty value.

I guarantee this new SOB line will be like the GSC models - bandwagon buyers will be ebaying the models for half the price or less a few months from now (they're already doing it with the starter set models) - I think I'll wait until then for the Hosps.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Hybrid Son Of Oxayotl wrote:
Using the “stained glass helmet” (cf my avatar) on a canoness, yay or nay?
I mean, I think I need to find people willing to exchange this against other bits, I wanna put some everywhere now!


I definitely won't be using that head. In two weeks time I'm going to be swimming in all the new style heads and helmets for the Battle Sisters, since I only ever use the classic bobcut style.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/01/13 18:03:31


 
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

The Hospitaller isn't on a 32mm base like the Canoness. She's sitting on a 40 or 50mm base, thanks to the scenic setup...Junith seems to be on the same.

I wouldn't be shocked if the Canoness and the others clock in at $25 or $30 though. They look to be smaller bases.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/01/13 18:18:21


 
   
Made in us
Confessor Of Sins




changemod wrote:
Dudeface wrote:
Exorcist - £50
Penitent engines (2) - £35
Flagellants (10) - £30
Junith - £27.50
Hospitaller - £22.50

Reported by chapter master valarak on b&c


http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/361191-pre-orders-for-this-week/page-2#entry5460596


22 for a minor elite clampack that’s not even likely to see tabletop use because it’s an apothecary for an army even less able to make good use of apothecaries?



It's good as a slot filler for Valorous Heart Brigades due to dialogus being useless in multiples and the imagifier being 10pts more expensive. Helps melta rets and characters stick around longer.

2500pts
2500
3000


 
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: