Switch Theme:

Kingdom Death - News + Rumors Thread - WARNING - NSFW!  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Courageous Space Marine Captain





SoCal

I wish I had taken what I pledged for KDM and invested it in Bitcoin at the time.

   
Made in nl
[MOD]
Decrepit Dakkanaut






Cozy cockpit of an Imperial Knight

gak, still waiting on that add-on book and the hyperlight drifter crossover mini.
   
Made in us
[DCM]
[Jǫtunn]






.

BobtheInquisitor wrote:I wish I had taken what I pledged for KDM and invested it in Bitcoin at the time.


That's...wait...you...

...ouch.

Damn!

BrookM wrote:gak, still waiting on that add-on book and the hyperlight drifter crossover mini.


I think that's "Wave 4", which is beyond even the Gambler's Chest and most likely a 2023 delivery at this point?

   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut





Oh damn, they did close the expansion bundle and gambler’s chest with the 1.6 preorder.

Too bad for me, but I didn’t need to be spending $2200 on one game right now anyways. I’ll definitely be trying to get the Ivory Dragon expansion later though.
   
Made in us
Da Head Honcho Boss Grot




New Jersey, State of Perfection

 Alpharius wrote:
BobtheInquisitor wrote:I wish I had taken what I pledged for KDM and invested it in Bitcoin at the time.


That's...wait...you...

...ouch.

Damn!

BrookM wrote:gak, still waiting on that add-on book and the hyperlight drifter crossover mini.


I think that's "Wave 4", which is beyond even the Gambler's Chest and most likely a 2023 delivery at this point?


I shouldn't have looked. In terms of the most recent kickstarter, my pledge coulda got me about 1BTC, so I missed out on around $60k in gains I guess. In terms of the previous kickstarter - which I dropped my pledge on but later ended up buying from you (Alpharius) for around $1000, I coulda got about 75 BTC based on the value of BTC in Jan 2013, so I missed out on a cool $4.5 mil

This ain't no pansy GW Armor, son - Digital Sculpting Plog, Now with Heavy Weapon Platforms!
Sympathy for the Devil, or: The Project Log from Hell

Ma55ter_fett wrote:It reads like the ramblings of a Nigerian lobotomized Shakespeare typed into a cellphone with a very aggressive autocomplete function.
 
   
Made in us
Paramount Plague Censer Bearer





Texas

chaos0xomega wrote:
 Alpharius wrote:
BobtheInquisitor wrote:I wish I had taken what I pledged for KDM and invested it in Bitcoin at the time.


That's...wait...you...

...ouch.

Damn!

BrookM wrote:gak, still waiting on that add-on book and the hyperlight drifter crossover mini.


I think that's "Wave 4", which is beyond even the Gambler's Chest and most likely a 2023 delivery at this point?


I shouldn't have looked. In terms of the most recent kickstarter, my pledge coulda got me about 1BTC, so I missed out on around $60k in gains I guess. In terms of the previous kickstarter - which I dropped my pledge on but later ended up buying from you (Alpharius) for around $1000, I coulda got about 75 BTC based on the value of BTC in Jan 2013, so I missed out on a cool $4.5 mil


Yeah...I sold all 4 of my Bitcoin around April 2013 when the price collapsed...for about $54 each.

Kind of regret that...

But on the other hand Shiba is being very good to me. I bought that in January. Holding on to it until the Amazon adoption in Q1.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/11/30 18:12:55


Urusei Yatsura, Cerebus the Aardvark, Machiavelli, Plato and Happy Days. So, how was your childhood?

DC:70S+G++M+++B+I-Pat43/f+D++A(WTF)/eWD079R+++T(R)DM+ 
   
Made in us
Wraith






Salem, MA

I come back to Dakka periodically to check this thread.

This is the first time I've come back after such a long period with almost no progress.

Kind of telling.

No wargames these days, more DM/Painting.

I paint things occasionally. Some things you may even like! 
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK

The legendary card packs are finally out (and pretty much delivered world wide, greatbto tick that off..... of cource lots of new white box content since then that aren't in it)

and new minis showed up for halloween and Xmas but it wasn't worth me posting here as they sold out before i got the emails

and core game (v1.6) is back in stock and shipping

and KS news gamblers chest is scheduled for print in Feb with delivery towards the end of the year (assuming shipping/manufacturing delays are similar in 22 to 21)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/12/30 14:04:57


 
   
Made in au
Noise Marine Terminator with Sonic Blaster





Melbourne

Halloween Survivors II to Australia looks to have been FUBAR'd and anything going by USPS is now on it's way back to KD

Ex-Mantic Rules Committees: Kings of War, Warpath
"The Emperor is obviously not a dictator, he's a couch."
Starbuck: "Why can't we use the starboard launch bays?"
Engineer: "Because it's a gift shop!" 
   
Made in us
Tzeentch Aspiring Sorcerer Riding a Disc





Southern New Hampshire

 gunslingerpro wrote:
I come back to Dakka periodically to check this thread.

This is the first time I've come back after such a long period with almost no progress.

Kind of telling.


I only follow this thread for the schadenfreude. There was a time when I was interested in Kingdom Death, but this thread convinced me otherwise.

"There are no problems that cannot be solved with cannons." - Chief Engineer Boris Krauss of Nuln

Kid_Kyoto wrote:"Don't be a dick" and "This is a family wargame" are good rules of thumb.


DR:80S++G++M--B+IPwhfb01#+D+++A+++/fWD258R++T(D)DM+++
 
   
Made in nl
[MOD]
Decrepit Dakkanaut






Cozy cockpit of an Imperial Knight

I wonder if I can cancel the.. whatever it is that's still outstanding at this point. Interest for the game has more than died out and with the extra costs involved with shipping from the UK, fething hell.. not looking forward to that one bit. Though at the rate things have been going, maybe by the time it finally is considered done and ready to ship out, a miracle may have happened in the UK.
   
Made in us
Using Object Source Lighting





Portland

BrookM, yes, there are definitely reports of people not having a lot of trouble canceling it.

And more and more I'm considering the cutoff at the campaigns of death. If the Gambler's chest and the campaigns are good (they don't need to be great, I do really enjoy many KD models... the goblin/dragon looks like a joy to paint) that's one thing, but IDK what I'll feel if it's uninspired...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/12/30 17:50:46



My painted armies (40k, WM/H, Malifaux, Infinity...) 
   
Made in gb
Multispectral Hsien





Gosport, UK

 BrookM wrote:
I wonder if I can cancel the.. whatever it is that's still outstanding at this point. Interest for the game has more than died out and with the extra costs involved with shipping from the UK, fething hell.. not looking forward to that one bit. Though at the rate things have been going, maybe by the time it finally is considered done and ready to ship out, a miracle may have happened in the UK.


I got a refund on the rest of the stuff recently. It was just getting silly at this point, and I probably won’t even use it, at least not enough for the money I had sat in it. It was pretty painless.
   
Made in us
Courageous Space Marine Captain





SoCal

 spiralingcadaver wrote:
BrookM, yes, there are definitely reports of people not having a lot of trouble canceling it.

And more and more I'm considering the cutoff at the campaigns of death. If the Gambler's chest and the campaigns are good (they don't need to be great, I do really enjoy many KD models... the goblin/dragon looks like a joy to paint) that's one thing, but IDK what I'll feel if it's uninspired...


If you decide to cash out, please let me know.

   
Made in us
[DCM]
[Jǫtunn]






.

Good idea guys - I'll think I'll ask for a refund on everything I have left as well, and then sell off what I've already got.

Any idea on what's the best email address to use for this refund request?

   
Made in gb
Speed Drybrushing





I would've mashed the refund button ages ago, but the Kickstarter discount is just too good.

I just know if I dropped out, I'd end up buying a load of it at retail anyways, at a what 60 to 70% price increase?

Will it be worth putting up with Poot's nonsense for another decade though...

   
Made in nl
[MOD]
Decrepit Dakkanaut






Cozy cockpit of an Imperial Knight

Talked it over with my brother and he wants to stick to it, he thinks that the twelve million that has been collected during the campaign isn't all used up just yet.

Oh well, his choice, I know he really wants that Hyper Light mini, which in my eyes is akin to vapourware at this point, as there hasn't been a peep on that thing from the day the campaign was completed as far as I can tell.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 aku-chan wrote:
Will it be worth putting up with Poot's nonsense for another decade though...
Agreed, as mentioned (many times) before in the past, a good editor or someone to keep the author a bit more in check would've been great.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/12/30 21:36:21


 
   
Made in us
Using Object Source Lighting





Portland

 BobtheInquisitor wrote:
If you decide to cash out, please let me know.
100% yeah would let you know first; like I said I'm looking at those two before making any decisions and that would be a couple years from now at least... (sigh)

I'm nearly certainly on board because the minis are very nice, but if the rules are a real let-down, I'd have to think, and we really haven't seen any new content in years to really judge what's coming (just some tiny promo expansions).


My painted armies (40k, WM/H, Malifaux, Infinity...) 
   
Made in gb
Multispectral Hsien





Gosport, UK

 Alpharius wrote:
Good idea guys - I'll think I'll ask for a refund on everything I have left as well, and then sell off what I've already got.

Any idea on what's the best email address to use for this refund request?


I did it through the support on the Backerkit (need help? In the top right corner and then contact us).
   
Made in us
[DCM]
[Jǫtunn]






.

 ImAGeek wrote:
 Alpharius wrote:
Good idea guys - I'll think I'll ask for a refund on everything I have left as well, and then sell off what I've already got.

Any idea on what's the best email address to use for this refund request?


I did it through the support on the Backerkit (need help? In the top right corner and then contact us).


I'll give that a try - thank you very much for the heads up!

   
Made in gb
Stubborn Dark Angels Veteran Sergeant





Teesside

I only pledged for the core game and the Gambler's Chest. I guess I could hit the refund button and maybe get $100 back, but I suspect I can sell the Chest for more than that if it ever shows up... I sold the 1.5 core game after maybe four or five plays.

My painting & modelling blog: https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/699224.page

Serpent King Games: Dragon Warriors Reborn!
http://serpentking.com/

 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Longtime Dakkanaut





 aku-chan wrote:
I would've mashed the refund button ages ago, but the Kickstarter discount is just too good.

I just know if I dropped out, I'd end up buying a load of it at retail anyways, at a what 60 to 70% price increase?

Will it be worth putting up with Poot's nonsense for another decade though...


I'm in the same boat. My game group plays this game in waves. Like I know sometime in the next few years we'll play a lot of it over half a year. Add that I got the earlybird all in pledge for $777 and I know I'm getting a great price. But at the same time Poot's nonsensical drive for an unachievable concept of perfection is something none of us should have to put up with as it's clearly worse now then years ago.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/12/31 02:45:15


 
   
Made in us
Serious Squig Herder






FWIW inre: refunds - I got a refund no problem last year by emailing support@kingdomdeath.com they did keep 10% of my pledge for kickstarter fees, but I got the rest back.
   
Made in gb
Fanatic with Madcap Mushrooms







 Monkeysloth wrote:
But at the same time Poot's nonsensical drive for an unachievable concept of perfection is something none of us should have to put up with as it's clearly worse now then years ago.


Thats the nature of KS you vouch support and give money to projects... Like you said the path to perfection was already there but you invested in more of that.

   
Made in gb
Multispectral Hsien





Gosport, UK

Schmapdi wrote:
FWIW inre: refunds - I got a refund no problem last year by emailing support@kingdomdeath.com they did keep 10% of my pledge for kickstarter fees, but I got the rest back.


@Alpharius yes sorry I forgot to mention the 10% thing.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 NAVARRO wrote:
 Monkeysloth wrote:
But at the same time Poot's nonsensical drive for an unachievable concept of perfection is something none of us should have to put up with as it's clearly worse now then years ago.


Thats the nature of KS you vouch support and give money to projects... Like you said the path to perfection was already there but you invested in more of that.


I knew from the first Kickstarter that he has a huge scope creep issue, but this second one has been a whole new level of ridiculous. It’s been what, 5 years? And the only things I’d actually received were all stuff that was already out before that Kickstarter started.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/12/31 12:52:58


 
   
Made in au
Tunneling Trygon






I understand it's naive to have assumed he'd have learned a thing or two from the first Kickstarter (which went from a 10 month estimate to over 3 years for delivery and an additional 9 months before canning and refunding the Lantern Festival), but I don't think anyone could have seen it getting so much worse.

I'd looked at the ~4 year turnaround for the first one, saw the ~4 year estimate for this one and thought the prior experience had created a more realistic outlook. Now I'll be impressed if it finishes before the 10 year mark, the way it's blown out and getting worse. Already wasting time planning stuff for the next Kickstarter too, which is a level of delusional self-confidence you almost have to admire.
   
Made in gb
Speed Drybrushing





Yeah, I think almost everybody that went in on this Kickstarter expected it to run at least a couple of years late.

But I very much doubt anyone thought Poots would get stuck for half a decade trying to turn a stretchgoal grab bag of one-off minis and various new item and ability cards into a second base game.

   
Made in us
Paramount Plague Censer Bearer





Texas

While I agree that the 2nd KS has not only grown beyond the bounds of logic, I still look at the value of what I pledged for (the $777 Gambler's Chest in the first 2 minutes) versus the cost of those items on pre-order now...well...its no Bitcoin, but it is definitely a value deal.

Also, my game group has still not processed even half of the first KS...so the length of time us just fine for us.

Urusei Yatsura, Cerebus the Aardvark, Machiavelli, Plato and Happy Days. So, how was your childhood?

DC:70S+G++M+++B+I-Pat43/f+D++A(WTF)/eWD079R+++T(R)DM+ 
   
Made in ca
Experienced Saurus Scar-Veteran





California the Southern


Eh. I'm not too worried. It does seem like things are moving again. We'll get it eventually.
Then again I'm not out too much as I grabbed one of those super early bird pledges the instant it started, and I've already gotten a lot of bang for my buck in terms of just the pinups.
These are still some of my favorite models, and I'm a lot more industrious at getting those painted then I am at actually playing the game!

I need to get to work on my Halloween survivors as well... haven't even opened them yet.

Poorly lit photos of my ever- growing collection of completely unrelated models!

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/627383.page#7436324.html
Watch and listen to me ramble about these minis before ruining them with paint!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmCB2mWIxhYF8Q36d2Am_2A 
   
Made in gr
Thermo-Optical Spekter





Greece

To be honest I did expect it to go as it goes right now from the start, I simply filed it in "it will be someday finished" folder of Kickstarters.
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: