Switch Theme:

Necromunda Underhive -Delaque upgrades, dome runner, ammo jack pg 222  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in es
Dark Angels Librarian with Book of Secrets




Vigo. Spain.

 Mentlegen324 wrote:
 OrlandotheTechnicoloured wrote:
I like the because they're plain (don't want to upstage the boss, their employer may be decked out in all his baroque finery and will look even more impressive with these plain uniformed lot in the background)

Looking really smart with no wear/grunge etc shows their employer has enough money and power to keep them that way

I think of the enforcers as a surgical strike squad employed to remove problems permenantly and fast and I think they fit really well for that

I don't expect them (well these elite ones anyway) to be involved in putting down riots, dragging suspects in for questioning etc, think firearms officers/SWAT as opposed to regular police who proabably have less armour, no rebreathers, shock sticks, riot shields etc

I certainly don't think these represent a run of the mill hive police officer and if that's what you want them for I'd agree they're not going to fit


These models are the basic hive law-enforcement though. They aren't the equivalent of a SWAT team or an elite squad something like that, these are just basic enforcers with their typical gear in the same way all the other Necromunda models are a common example of whichever house they belong to.



To be honest, barring Cawdor, I always see all the gangs as the middle-high tier of the pack. I don't think all Goliat use all those advanced industrial equipement and has weapons so good.

As other poster pointed out, aesthetically, Newcromunda is like on a higher tier in the power-scale compared with Oldcromunda. Or at least thats my impresion.

 Crimson Devil wrote:

Dakka does have White Knights and is also rather infamous for it's Black Knights. A new edition brings out the passionate and not all of them are good at expressing themselves in written form. There have been plenty of hysterical responses from both sides so far. So we descend into pointless bickering with neither side listening to each other. So posting here becomes more masturbation than conversation.

ERJAK wrote:
Forcing a 40k player to keep playing 7th is basically a hate crime.

 
   
Made in nl
Moustache-twirling Princeps




We'll find out soon enough eh.

 Galas wrote:
 Mentlegen324 wrote:
 OrlandotheTechnicoloured wrote:
I like the because they're plain (don't want to upstage the boss, their employer may be decked out in all his baroque finery and will look even more impressive with these plain uniformed lot in the background)

Looking really smart with no wear/grunge etc shows their employer has enough money and power to keep them that way

I think of the enforcers as a surgical strike squad employed to remove problems permenantly and fast and I think they fit really well for that

I don't expect them (well these elite ones anyway) to be involved in putting down riots, dragging suspects in for questioning etc, think firearms officers/SWAT as opposed to regular police who proabably have less armour, no rebreathers, shock sticks, riot shields etc

I certainly don't think these represent a run of the mill hive police officer and if that's what you want them for I'd agree they're not going to fit


These models are the basic hive law-enforcement though. They aren't the equivalent of a SWAT team or an elite squad something like that, these are just basic enforcers with their typical gear in the same way all the other Necromunda models are a common example of whichever house they belong to.



To be honest, barring Cawdor, I always see all the gangs as the middle-high tier of the pack. I don't think all Goliat use all those advanced industrial equipement and has weapons so good.

As other poster pointed out, aesthetically, Newcromunda is like on a higher tier in the power-scale compared with Oldcromunda. Or at least thats my impresion.


Eh, it's not so much that they're "elite" as it is there's not - IMO obviously - enough design cues there that say "grim-gothic cops", even if they're supposed to be the equivalent of SWAT. Even losing the trenchcoat from the concept art, I think they'd really benefit from the more "traditional" looking breastplate over the high-tech American football armour, and keeping the Fifth Element-style shoulder lamp(even if they modernised/shrank it a bit) would help too.

We'll find out anyway, since that's what I plan to do to them when I get around to buying some.

I need to acquire plastic Skavenslaves, can you help?
I have a blog now, evidently. Featuring the Alternative Mordheim Model Megalist.

"Your society's broken, so who should we blame? Should we blame the rich, powerful people who caused it? No, lets blame the people with no power and no money and those immigrants who don't even have the vote. Yea, it must be their fething fault." - Iain M Banks
-----
"The language of modern British politics is meant to sound benign. But words do not mean what they seem to mean. 'Reform' actually means 'cut' or 'end'. 'Flexibility' really means 'exploit'. 'Prudence' really means 'don't invest'. And 'efficient'? That means whatever you want it to mean, usually 'cut'. All really mean 'keep wages low for the masses, taxes low for the rich, profits high for the corporations, and accept the decline in public services and amenities this will cause'." - Robin McAlpine from Common Weal 
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK

I think (well i'll paint it this way) that they've got a light in either side of that oversized collar

 
   
Made in es
Dark Angels Librarian with Book of Secrets




Vigo. Spain.

How is the armor they are wearing high tech when is basically the same as what the Cadians are wearing? Even with the clothes under it.

I mean theres nothing about those miniatures that is high tech. They are wearing CLOTHES. Van Saar are high techs, this bad boys aren't.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/06/03 16:45:13


 Crimson Devil wrote:

Dakka does have White Knights and is also rather infamous for it's Black Knights. A new edition brings out the passionate and not all of them are good at expressing themselves in written form. There have been plenty of hysterical responses from both sides so far. So we descend into pointless bickering with neither side listening to each other. So posting here becomes more masturbation than conversation.

ERJAK wrote:
Forcing a 40k player to keep playing 7th is basically a hate crime.

 
   
Made in us
Veteran Inquisitor with Xenos Alliances






I like the new Enforcers. I think the shape of the helmets are reminiscent of the Rogue Trader era arbites miniatures, where these just have more pronounced respirators. Their chest plates are reminiscent of the very slab profile armor of the old Enforcers but something like the scavenged power armor in the Fallout video games. There armor has the feel of being something remade, rather than just made, an aesthetic and theme that defines Necromunda. I hope FW eventually gives them a Cyber Mastiff... Maybe they can just finally re-release to the general public the Enforcer with mastiff model they used to sell as a event model.

 Galas wrote:
How is the armor they are wearing high tech when is basically the same as what the Cadians are wearing? Even with the clothes under it.

I mean theres nothing about those miniatures that is high tech. They are wearing CLOTHES. Van Saar are high techs, this bad boys aren't.
If you look closely...
1. There is some sort of tech on their back, power supply or vox caster or life support... something pretty significant.
2. They have some sort of read out display on their arm... something they have standard you only see on some specialists and tempestus scions.
3. Their helmet and respirators are much more compact than cadians, despite likely being carapace armor.

While Van Saar's are high tech, much of what they're wearing is a body suit that's part of their life support system to counter the effects of the poisoning from operating their less than perfect stc. Even the Van Saars have cloth showing from under their armor. What are the Enforcers missing? -Armor on their thighs and upper arms, but what armor they do have is noticeably bulkier. You look at the previous Enforcer minis they don't really have armor on their upper arms, and when you look at the original RT era Arbites models they aren't all that heavily armored either.

Even if Van Saars are more high tech, why should Enforcers be any more advanced than what the new models look like? Van Saar have technology that in certain ways rivals what the Mechanicus has. If Necromunda Enforcers have any significant technology it comes from the Van Saar, from the Mechanicus, or from one of the various corporations operating under a license from the Mechanicus. Its unlikely Van Saar would want to sell anything too much more advanced than what they use to the guys who might kick in their door... similar to how the Mechanicus hold back alot of tech... and those companies producing technology under Mechanicus license are similarly going to be restrained by the mechanicus.

On some level Enforcers are just specialized planetary defense forces tasked with maintaining order and their equipment would generally reflect something at that Imperial Guard level. Arbites, like the SoB and Tempestus Scions are trained at the Schola Progenium, where we could expect the quality of equipment the Arbites have is similar to those two. So Enforcers have to fall into that range... less than Tempestus Scions, but more than basic guardsmen... and so we end up with these Enforcers that look like they have torso armor from the power armor in the Fallout games, dated and scavenged yet providing significant protection.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 2019/06/03 17:45:24


 
   
Made in us
Winged Kroot Vulture





 Mentlegen324 wrote:


This isn't so much directed at just you in particular, but i'm curious why people think they look great as Enforcers. Not to imply they're bad models, they're definitely high quality and awesome looking in themselves, but I don't quite see what makes them good as what they're meant to be (Brutal Grimdark Law enforcement & Hive guards) compared to just quite generic sci-fi soldiers. When so many are saying things like "They'd make good Primaris Scouts" or "Iron Warrior Cultists" or "Tempestus scions" those really aren't along the same sort of lines as the feel i think Enforcers should give. Obviously people are allowed to like them and I do too, just not so much as Enforcers.


I like the toned down appearance of them. It leaves a lot open for simple customization.
I like the basic scifi feel to them too. Sometimes in a world of so much flair, it's nice to see something simple.
   
Made in fr
Trazyn's Museum Curator





on the forum. Obviously

 aka_mythos wrote:
.. and so we end up with these Enforcers that look like they have torso armor from the power armor in the Fallout games, dated and scavenged yet providing significant protection.


You know, its funny you mention that, because with a black color scheme and a few modifications to their helmets they can probably pass as Enclave in Advanced Power Armor (X-01 power armor, for those who are more familiar with the Bethesda games)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/06/03 18:00:18


What I have
~4100
~1660
: LM

Westwood lives in death!
Peace through power!

A longbeard when it comes to Necrons and WHFB. Grumble Grumble

 
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka






until a couple of days ago that was the established look of Enforcers for Necromunda and it's reasonable for people who liked and bought into the idea to see it continued.

Except that they've been saying for two years now that the "knockoff Arbites" look isn't the case with the new Necromunda. It's been known since before the change to the look of Houses Delaque and Cawdor, after all.

I mean, people don't like these; fair enough. But I don't see how them suddenly revealing these miniatures puts those of you who want the old look in any worse a position than you were last week.

Actually, some minor conversion work using plastic Space Marine arms and you're 80% of the way to plastic Arbites anyway; just need heads, and I'm sure they're out there somewhere.
   
Made in fr
Trazyn's Museum Curator





on the forum. Obviously

 AndrewGPaul wrote:
until a couple of days ago that was the established look of Enforcers for Necromunda and it's reasonable for people who liked and bought into the idea to see it continued.

Except that they've been saying for two years now that the "knockoff Arbites" look isn't the case with the new Necromunda. It's been known since before the change to the look of Houses Delaque and Cawdor, after all.

I mean, people don't like these; fair enough. But I don't see how them suddenly revealing these miniatures puts those of you who want the old look in any worse a position than you were last week.

Actually, some minor conversion work using plastic Space Marine arms and you're 80% of the way to plastic Arbites anyway; just need heads, and I'm sure they're out there somewhere.


Arbites don't wear power armor though, do they? I thought they wore carapace?

What I have
~4100
~1660
: LM

Westwood lives in death!
Peace through power!

A longbeard when it comes to Necrons and WHFB. Grumble Grumble

 
   
Made in us
[MOD]
Keeper of the Adeptus Arbites Flame






Arlington, va

 CthuluIsSpy wrote:
So they are more kind of like one of those Private Security Companies from Shadowrun, like Knight Errant or Lone Star than a police force?


They quick answer is (always) whatever the plot requires.


My head canon is law enforcement is something like...


Arbites - Imperial level crimes like trafficking with Xenos, unchecked mutation/psychic activity, crimes by the governor or nobility, crimes involving the planetary tithe, crimes involving Imperial property. This brief is limited by their manpower since each one is trained for years off world and shipped to a planet where they have no connections.


Enforcers - Governor-level crimes interfering with the governor or nobles' business OR doing anything that might attract attention from the Arbites or even worse the

Local law enforcement - anything from upstanding local sheriffs keeping the peace to a gang of thugs. Mostly interested in keeping the peace and lining their pockets and not stopping anything that might attract the attention of the above factions.

 
   
Made in gb
Grumpy Longbeard





 CthuluIsSpy wrote:
 AndrewGPaul wrote:
until a couple of days ago that was the established look of Enforcers for Necromunda and it's reasonable for people who liked and bought into the idea to see it continued.

Except that they've been saying for two years now that the "knockoff Arbites" look isn't the case with the new Necromunda. It's been known since before the change to the look of Houses Delaque and Cawdor, after all.

I mean, people don't like these; fair enough. But I don't see how them suddenly revealing these miniatures puts those of you who want the old look in any worse a position than you were last week.

Actually, some minor conversion work using plastic Space Marine arms and you're 80% of the way to plastic Arbites anyway; just need heads, and I'm sure they're out there somewhere.


Arbites don't wear power armor though, do they? I thought they wore carapace?

Yeah, but it’s full body carapace, including the arms and legs. Shouldn’t have the expansion joints that power armour does though, so might have to carve that out or use scout forearms.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/06/03 18:17:28


"Three months? I'm going to go crazy …and I'm taking you with me!"
— Vala Mal Doran
 
   
Made in us
Veteran Inquisitor with Xenos Alliances






I think Arbites will eventually get models. When GW started this new Necromunda and did presentations on their direction and intent for the game in the years to come... its to build on it. An exploration of sorts from the underhive all the way up and out of the hive cities and even all the way to a space dock. Arbites don't typically deal with underhive problems, but as the books work their way up and get into aspects of higher levels of the hive city it wouldn't be hard to imagine Arbites showing up taking an interest in the Genestealer cult that's growing in force... or something similar.

Speculation, but imagine for this game to have staying power... we have all these underhive gangs, but as you work your way up the hive you have the larger organizations these gangs are subordinate too. One day we might get something representing these larger organizations, "elite" gangs or gang members... Maybe there are "elite" enforcers or maybe those problems the elite enforcers would deal with, start to look more like Arbites problems.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2019/06/03 18:17:10


 
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka






 CthuluIsSpy wrote:
 AndrewGPaul wrote:
until a couple of days ago that was the established look of Enforcers for Necromunda and it's reasonable for people who liked and bought into the idea to see it continued.

Except that they've been saying for two years now that the "knockoff Arbites" look isn't the case with the new Necromunda. It's been known since before the change to the look of Houses Delaque and Cawdor, after all.

I mean, people don't like these; fair enough. But I don't see how them suddenly revealing these miniatures puts those of you who want the old look in any worse a position than you were last week.

Actually, some minor conversion work using plastic Space Marine arms and you're 80% of the way to plastic Arbites anyway; just need heads, and I'm sure they're out there somewhere.


Arbites don't wear power armor though, do they? I thought they wore carapace?


No, but that's got nothing to do with what I'm talking about. The original Arbites concept art stated that the models would use the same plastic arms that the then-new mark 7 Space Marines used (although without shoulder pads). The arms from current Space Marines are still exactly right to use in conversions on any of the two Arbites ranges or the old metal Enforcers. They're slightly more heavily armoured than the ones on the models (which only have elbow and forearm armour over sleeves), but it doesn't matter; fully-enclosed armour looks much the same whether it's carapace or powered. The same should be true of using them with the torsos/legs of these models, although depending on how the shoulders are constructed, you might have to chop away some plastic there.

   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




 Crimson wrote:
 Mentlegen324 wrote:


This isn't so much directed at just you in particular, but i'm curious why people think they look great as Enforcers. Not to imply they're bad models, they're definitely high quality and awesome looking in themselves, but I don't quite see what makes them good as what they're meant to be (Brutal Grimdark Law enforcement & Hive guards) compared to just quite generic sci-fi soldiers. When so many are saying things like "They'd make good Primaris Scouts" or "Iron Warrior Cultists" or "Tempestus scions" those really aren't along the same sort of lines as the feel i think Enforcers should give. Obviously people are allowed to like them and I do too, just not so much as Enforcers.


What should of feel should the Enforcers have, there really isn't an established look for them. They have smoke grenades, they have handcuffs, they have riot armour. They don't even look particularly cyberpunky, the armour is pretty low tech looking, apart the helmet. I think the paintjob is really throwing the people off here.




Bigtime.
   
Made in de
Boom! Leman Russ Commander





The Shire(s)

 Mentlegen324 wrote:
 Crimson wrote:
They look great. The helmets are a bit primarisy though. If I ever do Scouts or Chapter Serfs (IG) for my primaris marines, I'll be using those helmets.

I think Skitarii helmets would be a good way to get more Arbites look, if that's what people want. Skitarii helmets are also pretty easy to convert to to a non respirator configuration, if you have spare bare heads. The bottom of the visor is a straight line, so it is easy to cut. That would give you the classic Judge Dredd look.

The Infinity/animuness is mostly the paintjob. With more muted dirty colours and some weathering they're fine.


This isn't so much directed at just you in particular, but i'm curious why people think they look great as Enforcers. Not to imply they're bad models, they're definitely high quality and awesome looking in themselves, but I don't quite see what makes them good as what they're meant to be (Brutal Grimdark Law enforcement & Hive guards) compared to just quite generic sci-fi soldiers. When so many are saying things like "They'd make good Primaris Scouts" or "Iron Warrior Cultists" or "Tempestus scions" those really aren't along the same sort of lines as the feel i think Enforcers should give. Obviously people are allowed to like them and I do too, just not so much as Enforcers.

Well, the other one being bandied around is Naval armsmen, who are literal space police onboard Imperial Navy ships, so I think people just have different ideas as to what would be a good representation of specific concepts

 ChargerIIC wrote:
If algae farm paste with a little bit of your grandfather in it isn't Grimdark I don't know what is.
 
   
Made in us
Major General





Florence, KY

 Haighus wrote:
Well, the other one being bandied around is Naval armsmen, who are literal space police onboard Imperial Navy ships, so I think people just have different ideas as to what would be a good representation of specific concepts

Armsmen more meet the traditional definition of marines, not police.

'It is a source of constant consternation that my opponents
cannot correlate their innate inferiority with their inevitable
defeat. It would seem that stupidity is as eternal as war.'

- Nemesor Zahndrekh of the Sautekh Dynasty
Overlord of the Crownworld of Gidrim
 
   
Made in de
Boom! Leman Russ Commander





The Shire(s)

 Ghaz wrote:
 Haighus wrote:
Well, the other one being bandied around is Naval armsmen, who are literal space police onboard Imperial Navy ships, so I think people just have different ideas as to what would be a good representation of specific concepts

Armsmen more meet the traditional definition of marines, not police.

Most of the fluff available for them has them in the role of enforcers of shipboard discipline. They are the only enlisted body on-board Navy ships allowed to carry weapons at all times. As such, they are relatively well treated and used to put down insurrection and police the ratings- particularly if the ship uses galley slaves or large numbers of press-ganged sailors.

Armsmen do also form the core of the ship's fighting complement when in boarding situations (an elite core to lead hastily armed ratings when the weapon lockers are opened), and act as a bodyguard for officers on missions (such as press-gangings), but their day-to-day tasks mostly involve maintaining order when under way. Historic marines are not too dissimilar to this role of shipboard security either to be frank.

From your link:
Historically, tasks undertaken by marines have included: helping maintain discipline and order aboard the ship (reflecting the pressed nature of the ships' company and the risk of mutiny), the boarding of vessels during combat or capture of prize ships, and providing manpower for raiding ashore in support of the naval objectives.

The first role is to be an enforcer.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2019/06/03 20:22:56


 ChargerIIC wrote:
If algae farm paste with a little bit of your grandfather in it isn't Grimdark I don't know what is.
 
   
Made in us
Major General





Florence, KY

From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marines

Historically, tasks undertaken by marines have included: helping maintain discipline and order aboard the ship (reflecting the pressed nature of the ships' company and the risk of mutiny), the boarding of vessels during combat or capture of prize ships, and providing manpower for raiding ashore in support of the naval objectives.

So Armsmen are more properly marines, not police.

'It is a source of constant consternation that my opponents
cannot correlate their innate inferiority with their inevitable
defeat. It would seem that stupidity is as eternal as war.'

- Nemesor Zahndrekh of the Sautekh Dynasty
Overlord of the Crownworld of Gidrim
 
   
Made in de
Boom! Leman Russ Commander





The Shire(s)

 Ghaz wrote:
From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marines

Historically, tasks undertaken by marines have included: helping maintain discipline and order aboard the ship (reflecting the pressed nature of the ships' company and the risk of mutiny), the boarding of vessels during combat or capture of prize ships, and providing manpower for raiding ashore in support of the naval objectives.

So Armsmen are more properly marines, not police.

Yeah, but historical marines, not modern marines. They are not just soldiers, but a combination of police and soldiers on board a ship. They do literally police space ships in 40k. Modern marines do very little policing onboard ships, because modern navies are vastly more disciplined than their historic counterparts.

 ChargerIIC wrote:
If algae farm paste with a little bit of your grandfather in it isn't Grimdark I don't know what is.
 
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Flinty wrote:
Because EU police are so much more frail...

Spoiler:

I like how you managed to get every single word wrong in such a short sentence. First, it's not police. It's Gendarmerie Mobile, French armed forces unit (something that would be PDF in 40K terms) sent to football match during terror scare - and even so, only one of them has a submachine gun and besides tactical vests, they all have plain everyday civilian-like clothing and police gear. How that in any equates to US police (you know, people from internal affairs, not the army) walking around clad like cockroaches in surplus full body military armor, waving military rifles, and driving frakking surplus army mine-resistant APCs and IFVs [link] to show everyone who is da boss I have no idea.

Here, have actual picture of EU police officer. Scaaary, isn't it?

Spoiler:

In fact, you can argue that compared to their US counterparts enforcers are not nearly militarized enough, for that they would need a few lascannons and multi-meltas in a squad driving around in Land Raider while clad in terminator suits or thereabouts to even get close
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

This seems like a really important conversation to sustain.

   
Made in us
Fixture of Dakka





West Michigan, deep in Whitebread, USA

I'm finding an eerie fascination in it.



"By this point I'm convinced 100% that every single race in the 40k universe have somehow tapped into the ork ability to just have their tech work because they think it should."  
   
Made in us
Veteran Knight Baron in a Crusader




 AegisGrimm wrote:
I'm finding an eerie fascination in it.

Me too.
Even if just for the amusement value out of the assumption that US cops are perpetually armed and armored to the teeth is gospel truth, even if the EU side is apparently up for debate.
It is amazingly silly, even for dakka.

Efficiency is the highest virtue. 
   
Made in de
Fresh-Faced New User




Germany

By the Way some Enforcers should learn how to protect their neck and throat against incoming fire...not all of them have their head low in the armor...they are showing their bare throat no Neckseals at all ;-) I like that...more unique miniatures.
   
Made in gb
Wise Ethereal with Bodyguard







It's quite important because it shows the range of ways modern police forces can be organised which then informs peoples response to the Enforcer models.

The French Gendermerie National and the Italian Caribineri are both explicitly police forces while still being part of the armed forces. French special anti terrorist forces GIGN are part of the police.

SCO19 of the met police are somewhat scarier than our friendly policing-by-consent ladies with ice creams.



American police are routinely armed, but then so are the German police and the Police Service of Northern Ireland. Each then has their specialist more militaristic armed wings for when the gal really hits the fan.

All of this is resonating quite well with all of the descriptions of the Enforcers used above.

Please excuse any spelling errors. I use a tablet frequently and software keyboards are a pain!

Terranwing - w3;d1;l1
51st Dunedinw2;d0;l0
Cadre Coronal Afterglow w1;d0;l0 
   
Made in vn
Dakka Veteran




I reckon the Enforcer would have 5 bare head and 5 helmet heads. So if you don't like the helm, you can use the other.
   
Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut





Interesting that so many people share my view of using them as naval armsmen. Sounds like many cool conversion floating around to steal ideas from

I always liked the Skitarii Vanguard helmets plus XYZ bodies look. They look good on *everything*. I have a few corps de pompière dudes made from the plastic commissar body and those helmets, plus equipment. They're a battlefield technical rescue team (and I should really finish them). Why am bringing them up? Because they're inspired by Infinity's Loup-Garou and I think some design cues from them would look ace on the Enforcers. A long (jet black trench) coat for at least the squad leaders and impassive visor faces, yes, please.

I also like the Arbites from the Kouzes blog (http://leskouzes.blogspot.com/2017/01/adeptus-arbites.html?m=1)...should my phone link that properly. Those more rugged dudes all with shield and batons for the riot squad with the more slender Enforcers as regular/fire support unit, both with Vanguard helmets or blank visors could look good together. Maybe short coat "skirts" on the Enforcers and a full coat on the leader. And tons of gadgets.

Problem is that the straps under their cuirasses make this look (https://eternalhunt.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/jb_enforcer.jpg) harder to do because it slims their torsi down towards their waist. Instead of just adding the coat under the belt you'd have to bulk them about above and that is boring busy work.

I really want some sinister fascist lawmen to go with my selfless rescue paramedics/fire fighters, though, so I *will* make them work for me.
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka






 Binabik15 wrote:
Interesting that so many people share my view of using them as naval armsmen.


I was planning to use the Armsmen from rogue trader as Enforcers at one point.

Incidentally, I'm not surprised by the confusion between "Enforcer" and "Arbites", given that GW have mixed them up over the years. That John Blanche picture that's floating around this thread is titled "Enforcer", but I believe he was using that to mean a member of the Adeptus Arbites. Likewise Matthew Farrer's Enforcer trilogy is about a member of the Adeptus Arbites. It was only, I think, when the Enforcers squad was added to Necromunda by Fanatic that the difference was established firmly (and the Ciaphas Cain novels suggest that different planets call their own local law enforcement forces many different names, but "Enforcers" is the general term used by the more widely travelled, and they sometimes erroneously use the term for the Arbites too).

In Necromunda that was probably because they had already done rules for actual, proper Adeptus Arbites squads, and they were significantly more powerful and intended as tools for a campaign arbitrator to use; they all ignored ammo checks and bottle tests, had four or five skills each, all came equipped with bolt pistols, frag, krak and choke grenades as basic equipment and caused Fear (Terror in Juves!). The rues also stated that the arbitrator should feel free to give them whatever extra equipment their mission might require. The rules were published in the book that compiled the White Dwarf articles (although they'd not previously been in a White Dwarf).

In a campaign of the current game, I'd be tempted to include an Arbites presence if there's a few Enforcers players, especially if psykers or ghast make an appearance.
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut





 Crimson wrote:
 Mentlegen324 wrote:


This isn't so much directed at just you in particular, but i'm curious why people think they look great as Enforcers. Not to imply they're bad models, they're definitely high quality and awesome looking in themselves, but I don't quite see what makes them good as what they're meant to be (Brutal Grimdark Law enforcement & Hive guards) compared to just quite generic sci-fi soldiers. When so many are saying things like "They'd make good Primaris Scouts" or "Iron Warrior Cultists" or "Tempestus scions" those really aren't along the same sort of lines as the feel i think Enforcers should give. Obviously people are allowed to like them and I do too, just not so much as Enforcers.


What should of feel should the Enforcers have, there really isn't an established look for them. They have smoke grenades, they have handcuffs, they have riot armour. They don't even look particularly cyberpunky, the armour is pretty low tech looking, apart the helmet. I think the paintjob is really throwing the people off here.




Obviously it's subjective, but to me the sort of feel I thought Enforcers should give based on their description and what they do isn't just a heavily-armed SWAT-like look, but rather a design that shows they're a combination of a well-equipped militarized force and the role of secret police (just not so secretive). Their function in the Hive goes beyond just combat, they consolidate the power of the planetary Governor and carry out the will of the ruling house. They should have a look that shows they're for something more than just going around fighting, something that projects power, authority and fear to an extent. The original enforcer designs (and Arbites) have a unforgiving, harsh look due to their full-body carapace armour and a helmet that showed their eyes and mouth at most. The concept a few pages back of the greatcoat Enforcer with armour ontop also felt like a brutal, stern design. Both designs that to me aren't just "These guys know how to fight" but "These guys are 'police' under the control of the ruling house and carry out what they say is law" - the design they went for doesn't really do much to show off the latter to me, as it's pretty much just a generic future soldier design. It's missing the important distinction between what I'd expect of militarized sci-fi police and that of militarized grimdark sci-fi police for a deadly, corrupt society.

Basically, the design of Enforcers should be something that sets them apart from both police and soldiers, more towards the grimdark law-enforcement side where you look at them and it's apparant that they aren't just heavily equipped, but they're overall an oppressive tool of an dystopian, authoritarian/totalitarian regime.

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at 2019/06/04 13:50:45


 
   
Made in us
Fixture of Dakka






 AndrewGPaul wrote:
 Binabik15 wrote:
Interesting that so many people share my view of using them as naval armsmen.


I was planning to use the Armsmen from rogue trader as Enforcers at one point.

Incidentally, I'm not surprised by the confusion between "Enforcer" and "Arbites", given that GW have mixed them up over the years. That John Blanche picture that's floating around this thread is titled "Enforcer", but I believe he was using that to mean a member of the Adeptus Arbites. Likewise Matthew Farrer's Enforcer trilogy is about a member of the Adeptus Arbites. It was only, I think, when the Enforcers squad was added to Necromunda by Fanatic that the difference was established firmly (and the Ciaphas Cain novels suggest that different planets call their own local law enforcement forces many different names, but "Enforcers" is the general term used by the more widely travelled, and they sometimes erroneously use the term for the Arbites too).

In Necromunda that was probably because they had already done rules for actual, proper Adeptus Arbites squads, and they were significantly more powerful and intended as tools for a campaign arbitrator to use; they all ignored ammo checks and bottle tests, had four or five skills each, all came equipped with bolt pistols, frag, krak and choke grenades as basic equipment and caused Fear (Terror in Juves!). The rues also stated that the arbitrator should feel free to give them whatever extra equipment their mission might require. The rules were published in the book that compiled the White Dwarf articles (although they'd not previously been in a White Dwarf).

In a campaign of the current game, I'd be tempted to include an Arbites presence if there's a few Enforcers players, especially if psykers or ghast make an appearance.


Does anyone have a picture of the 2d edition Necromunda Enforcer/ Arbite Squad? One of the things glaringly missing is the robot mastiffs.

Oh yeah,
"Every hive on Necromunda is divided into Precincts, each with its own fortified courthouse and a substantial number of Enforcers. In addition there are thousands of small Precinct Houses scattered through the hive, each of which is manned by a ten-man Enforcer Precinct squad. Necromunda is a vital planet to the Imperium, but population pressures mean that it is in constant danger of devolving into anarchy and civil war. The Enforcers maintain a constant vigilance from their Courthouses and Precinct Houses, constantly on the watch for signs of disloyalty, subversion, or criminality. They are grim and uncompromising reminders of Lord Helmawr’s authority."

-Reference- NECROMUNDA 2nd edition Page 57, ( That as the Necromunda that was only the books.)

I removed the rest of the post, because I misposted incorrect info.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 2019/06/04 13:43:42




At Games Workshop, we believe that how you behave does matter. We believe this so strongly that we have written it down in the Games Workshop Book. There is a section in the book where we talk about the values we expect all staff to demonstrate in their working lives. These values are Lawyers, Guns and Money. 
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: