Switch Theme:

VERGE - New Wargame coming soon!  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in ua
Fresh-Faced New User




Ukraine Kharkiv

Hello friends! Did you ever imagine two legged shark in power armor serving the big headed alians? We did!
Or did you were think that humans are genetically breeded for war by ancient race? We did!

We are making the new big wargame colled Verge of War.
It is a science fiction wargame were you can create your commander by using different combination of skills.
All units in your army have a special skill that alow whem to change a course of battle.
And the main thing it is perfectly balanced to allow the players the best experiens ever. And we are keeping a close eye on it.

We have just started and have only two rases to present to you, but it is going to be big! Ten rases, huge galaxy, and a big war for survival and dominance.
Plz reply if you are interested so i could show you where to find more information about.
[Thumb - рыцарь 1L.jpg]
Human knight

[Thumb - IMG_1.JPG]
Shork tribal warrior

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/12/24 18:14:50


Be smart, be safe, and keep your biggest gun loaded. 
   
Made in gb
Multispectral Hsien





Gosport, UK

What material are the models going to be in?
   
Made in gb
Fighter Pilot




Somerset uk

Nice looking minis, the second one is sending out the Halo elite vibe with that stance and bowed over/ lowered head.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/12/24 09:00:59


 
   
Made in gb
Elite Tyranid Warrior




Gloucester/ Bristol UK

Sounds great so fae. Really hope you do well with this.
   
Made in nl
Never Forget Isstvan!





The Netherlands

What scale is this?

Bits Blitz - the place to be for all your bits needs!

Too much sanity may be madness - world building through digital sculpting.
 
   
Made in gb
Veteran Inquisitorial Tyranid Xenokiller





Cymru

 Malika2 wrote:
What scale is this?


Found a website for it http://www.vergeofwar.com - very odd this wasn't just posted In The OP.

The normal humans are 38mm tall so 35mm scale if you go by to the eyes (maybe)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2017/12/24 18:14:14


Diary of a Inquisitor (Other Sci fi in 40k fluff and Pics)
My P&M thread 
   
Made in ua
Fresh-Faced New User




Ukraine Kharkiv

 ImAGeek wrote:
What material are the models going to be in?

Material is Resign, we ship it in a special box this a random poster.

JoeRugby yes you are correct, we are targeted the 28mm scale the humans a bit taller cos the are inside a armoured suit.

Thx you all for your answers, its extrimelly inspiring!
Visit our facebook groupe for more details, and we a going to have a reposte lotery soon: https://www.facebook.com/VERGEbyIFG/

Some new photos:
[Thumb - IMG_4533.jpg]
Seit commander and command drones

[Thumb - IMG_4538.jpg]
Seit commander

[Thumb - Рапторы3L.jpg]
Raptor hunting squad


Be smart, be safe, and keep your biggest gun loaded. 
   
Made in es
Ancient Venerable Dark Angels Dreadnought




Vigo. Spain.

The models are really cool. I like the alien. The classic grey men, but with a modern design.

 Crimson Devil wrote:

Dakka does have White Knights and is also rather infamous for it's Black Knights. A new edition brings out the passionate and not all of them are good at expressing themselves in written form. There have been plenty of hysterical responses from both sides so far. So we descend into pointless bickering with neither side listening to each other. So posting here becomes more masturbation than conversation.

ERJAK wrote:
Forcing a 40k player to keep playing 7th is basically a hate crime.

 
   
Made in gb
Towering Hierophant Bio-Titan





Fareham

That knight looks almost final fantasy esque.
Models look great though so I'm definitely interested.

   
Made in si
Policing Securitate






Awesome models...I will keep an eye on this one.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/12/24 14:28:47


 
   
Made in ua
Fresh-Faced New User




Ukraine Kharkiv

 Malika2 wrote:
What scale is this?


The bigger miniatures like Knight are Shork 60mm high and close in scale to Warmachine warjack.
Seit is 22mm or close bout on his flying command throne he is 63mm high.




one of your posters
[Thumb - Ilustr_Knight_cut_outMoreLenght-1-1024x576.jpg]

[Thumb - SeitIllustration_Final-1024x576.png]

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at 2017/12/24 14:51:46


Be smart, be safe, and keep your biggest gun loaded. 
   
Made in us
Walking Dead Wraithlord






Definitely interesting. Not sure I love the dinosaurs, but the Sharkmecha guys look pretty cool. The grey man on the hover disk is great.

 
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut



Minnesota

How many models per side in-game?

Can't wait to hear more about some of the other factions.

Models look great.

40k: Nids, Orks, Guard, GSC
AOS: Vampires, Beastmen, Ogres, Dwarves
WarmaHordes: Menoth, Legion, Skorne, Convergence
Dropzone Commander: All 5
Infinity: Combined Army
Malifaux: Arcanists, Neverborn, Guild
Dark Age: Forsaken
Flames of War: Germany 
   
Made in gb
Bloodthirsty Vampire Thrall





UK

Love sharks and dinosaurs so looking forward to hearing more.

A few dozen more models to add to my get painted pile

OK so looking at the website - is the Grey Alien on the platform about normal 28/32mm scale - ie are the raptors big like Utahraptor size - cost if so thats great - any chance of some comparison shots with other ranges?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/12/24 22:39:02


"Unimaginably ancient xenos artefact somewhere on the planet, hive fleet poised above our heads, hidden 'stealer broods making an early start....and now a bloody Chaos cult crawling out of the woodwork just in case we were bored. Welcome to my world, Ciaphas."
Inquisitor Amberley Vail, Ordo Xenos

"I will admit that some Primachs like Russ or Horus could have a chance against an unarmed 12 year old novice but, a full Battle Sister??!! One to one? In close combat? Perhaps three Primarchs fighting together... but just one Primarch?" da001

www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/528517.page

A Bloody Road - my Warhammer Fantasy Fiction 
   
Made in ca
Mighty Kroxigor Ancient





California the Southern

I am okay with all these things. Please proceed!

Poorly lit photos of my ever- growing collection of completely unrelated models!


http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/627383.page#7436324.html 
   
Made in us
Chaplain with Hate to Spare





SoCal

 ImAGeek wrote:
What material are the models going to be in?


This is what I was going to ask. I like the minis so far, but material and price are the deal makers or breakers.


PS: does anyone else have Bittersweet Symphony stuck in his or her head now?

   
Made in ar
Pulsating Possessed Chaos Marine





Did you guys know Canada has a friggin desert?

Gotdang those are some sweet models

You're not playing the game like I play it...why aren't you playing the game like I play it?! O_O 
   
Made in ca
Fixture of Dakka




Looks great. The thing that will kill it for me, is price and how to get. Yes I know you need to make a profit, but one reason why I don't buy Forge World is because of shipping and can only get through online.

I can accept the online aspect if not available in my local friendly gaming store, but it will matter about prices in Canadian funds.

If that is good, yes will pick up a few minis, BUT to keep collecting will need great fluff/story/history to your world. Looking forward to this and the rules. Need great rules as well.

Good luck and looking forward to more.

Agies Grimm:The "Learn to play, bro" mentality is mostly just a way for someone to try to shame you by implying that their metaphorical nerd-wiener is bigger than yours. Which, ironically, I think nerds do even more vehemently than jocks.

Everything is made up and the points don't matter. 40K or Who's Line is it Anyway?

Auticus wrote: Or in summation: its ok to exploit shoddy points because those are rules and gamers exist to find rules loopholes (they are still "legal"), but if the same force can be composed without structure, it emotionally feels "wrong".  
   
Made in us
Near Golden Daemon Caliber





Affton, MO. USA

It all looks great , my only concern is the rules themselves. I realize you are not a native English speaker by your posts here. I have no problem with that, but if the rules don’t get a good grammar check it will have a very negative impact upon the game. There are many games on the market which look great, and even have good rules, but never reach the mainstream because good translation is not considered a priority. Confrontation is probably the biggest example of this, but other games like Alchemy never reached enough people because the language barrier was run into and the barrier won.

Good luck, I know I want some of these pieces from the preview.

LOL, Theo your mind is an amazing place, never change.-camkierhi 9/19/13
I cant believe theo is right.. damn. -comradepanda 9/26/13
None of the strange ideas we had about you involved your sexual orientation..........-Monkeytroll 12/10/13

I'd put you on ignore for that comment, if I could...Alpharius 2/11/14 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut






Great looking stuff so far... Sharks with frikin LASERS!!!!



At Games Workshop, we believe that how you behave does matter. We believe this so strongly that we have written it down in the Games Workshop Book. There is a section in the book where we talk about the values we expect all staff to demonstrate in their working lives. These values are Lawyers, Guns and Money. 
   
Made in ua
Fresh-Faced New User




Ukraine Kharkiv

 BobtheInquisitor wrote:
 ImAGeek wrote:
What material are the models going to be in?


This is what I was going to ask. I like the minis so far, but material and price are the deal makers or breakers.


PS: does anyone else have Bittersweet Symphony stuck in his or her head now?



As i said before materal is resign, the prise is a bit lower than anyone at the same size.
Models are shipped unassambled and unpainted.



Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Theophony wrote:
It all looks great , my only concern is the rules themselves. I realize you are not a native English speaker by your posts here. I have no problem with that, but if the rules don’t get a good grammar check it will have a very negative impact upon the game. There are many games on the market which look great, and even have good rules, but never reach the mainstream because good translation is not considered a priority. Confrontation is probably the biggest example of this, but other games like Alchemy never reached enough people because the language barrier was run into and the barrier won.

Good luck, I know I want some of these pieces from the preview.


You are right we are not native english speakers but for the ruling purpose we asked the proffessional translator, and he is working on every wordings and rules, in our rolebook.
Also we are planing to involve a proffesional lawyer for a rules wording cheking.



Automatically Appended Next Post:
Davor wrote:
Looks great. The thing that will kill it for me, is price and how to get. Yes I know you need to make a profit, but one reason why I don't buy Forge World is because of shipping and can only get through online.

I can accept the online aspect if not available in my local friendly gaming store, but it will matter about prices in Canadian funds.

If that is good, yes will pick up a few minis, BUT to keep collecting will need great fluff/story/history to your world. Looking forward to this and the rules. Need great rules as well.

Good luck and looking forward to more.


Thank you for your reply!

About the fluff you can read a first opening novel about our world here http://www.vergeofwar.com/?cat=7 its name if Griffon 22-4 and its the beggining of the great saga, and in it you will fing a few spoilers of the races to come.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Time 2 Roll wrote:
How many models per side in-game?

Can't wait to hear more about some of the other factions.

Models look great.


We are planing a 25-40 models for the standart tournament size, but this is a bit later. For now its 10-15 miniatures per side.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Mr Morden wrote:
Love sharks and dinosaurs so looking forward to hearing more.

A few dozen more models to add to my get painted pile

OK so looking at the website - is the Grey Alien on the platform about normal 28/32mm scale - ie are the raptors big like Utahraptor size - cost if so thats great - any chance of some comparison shots with other ranges?


You mean a photo of your miniature near some famous minis like SM or Warjack? To compare the scale.

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at 2017/12/25 08:51:26


Be smart, be safe, and keep your biggest gun loaded. 
   
Made in gb
Bloodthirsty Vampire Thrall





UK

 Algelion wrote:

 Mr Morden wrote:
Love sharks and dinosaurs so looking forward to hearing more.

A few dozen more models to add to my get painted pile

OK so looking at the website - is the Grey Alien on the platform about normal 28/32mm scale - ie are the raptors big like Utahraptor size - cost if so thats great - any chance of some comparison shots with other ranges?


You mean a photo of your miniature near some famous minis like SM or Warjack? To compare the scale.


Yes please that would be most helpful

"Unimaginably ancient xenos artefact somewhere on the planet, hive fleet poised above our heads, hidden 'stealer broods making an early start....and now a bloody Chaos cult crawling out of the woodwork just in case we were bored. Welcome to my world, Ciaphas."
Inquisitor Amberley Vail, Ordo Xenos

"I will admit that some Primachs like Russ or Horus could have a chance against an unarmed 12 year old novice but, a full Battle Sister??!! One to one? In close combat? Perhaps three Primarchs fighting together... but just one Primarch?" da001

www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/528517.page

A Bloody Road - my Warhammer Fantasy Fiction 
   
Made in ca
Fixture of Dakka




Checked the website out. Since I don't shop online very much, how does this work? By that I mean what funds are they in? Did it automatically know where I am and those are in Canadian funds?

Also how about shipping?

Last question is, some of the pics show a few units. Are all the units in it or just one? Surprised about the price. You get all that for $24? So can you please tell me, how much this would cost me if I bought this in Canadian funds and shipping. Also how much if I bought the $100 pack and how much in Canadian it would be total with shipping and taxes etc

http://www.vergeofwar.com/?product=astroborne-infantry-squad-with-mule-fwp



Automatically Appended Next Post:
Just looked quickly at the rules. Is this an IGOUGO system?

I am not the sharpest tool in the shed or brightest light bulb, I can't tell what kind of system this really is. If so how does this differ from say GW Fantasy/Age of Sigmar/40K or say Warmahordes IGOUGO system? While I will get the minis for my collection, for me at least, not talking about other people would like a different system than the IGOUGO system.

This is not to sound like a complaint but I find too many IGOUGO systems it's hard to compete with 40K in my area at the moment so need something that plays a bit differently from 40K to get people into this. Just trying to help. I fully understand if the money is in the IGOUGO system just speaking of me so might not make money if you don't do IGOUGO way.

It's one of those, if it plays like 40K, might as well play 40K sadly. How will this stand out so I can try and sell the gaming group this.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/12/26 00:26:14


Agies Grimm:The "Learn to play, bro" mentality is mostly just a way for someone to try to shame you by implying that their metaphorical nerd-wiener is bigger than yours. Which, ironically, I think nerds do even more vehemently than jocks.

Everything is made up and the points don't matter. 40K or Who's Line is it Anyway?

Auticus wrote: Or in summation: its ok to exploit shoddy points because those are rules and gamers exist to find rules loopholes (they are still "legal"), but if the same force can be composed without structure, it emotionally feels "wrong".  
   
Made in ua
Fresh-Faced New User




Ukraine Kharkiv

Davor wrote:
Checked the website out. Since I don't shop online very much, how does this work? By that I mean what funds are they in? Did it automatically know where I am and those are in Canadian funds?

Also how about shipping?

Last question is, some of the pics show a few units. Are all the units in it or just one? Surprised about the price. You get all that for $24? So can you please tell me, how much this would cost me if I bought this in Canadian funds and shipping. Also how much if I bought the $100 pack and how much in Canadian it would be total with shipping and taxes etc

http://www.vergeofwar.com/?product=astroborne-infantry-squad-with-mule-fwp



Automatically Appended Next Post:
Just looked quickly at the rules. Is this an IGOUGO system?

I am not the sharpest tool in the shed or brightest light bulb, I can't tell what kind of system this really is. If so how does this differ from say GW Fantasy/Age of Sigmar/40K or say Warmahordes IGOUGO system? While I will get the minis for my collection, for me at least, not talking about other people would like a different system than the IGOUGO system.

This is not to sound like a complaint but I find too many IGOUGO systems it's hard to compete with 40K in my area at the moment so need something that plays a bit differently from 40K to get people into this. Just trying to help. I fully understand if the money is in the IGOUGO system just speaking of me so might not make money if you don't do IGOUGO way.

It's one of those, if it plays like 40K, might as well play 40K sadly. How will this stand out so I can try and sell the gaming group this.


About shipping:
You are paying whith your credit card, canadian dollard automatically exchanged to US dollars(current exchange rate is 1=0.7887 USD) so for a First contact pack you will pay 78.8 canadian dollars + delivery. We got 2 options standart its 7.8 canadain dollars and 1-2 weeks, and premium 31 canadian dollar and 2 days UPS or FEDEX delivery.
So if you are сhoosing a standart option you will totally pay: 78.8+7.8+Your bank payment if any = 86.6 canadian dollars for 10 miniatures + poster.


About rules:
In your rules we are trying to blend the 40k and Warmahordes rules and give it some tactical flex the original sistems didnt have.
Firts thing is that you build your own comander using the skill chart in fraction rulebook(it will be released soon)
Second every unit have a special skills that can be used only once ped battle to release its full combat power, so the most interesting part for us(developers) and the few testers that helped us testing the game was, to use such a skill this the most effect.
We are preparing some gameplay videos, to show all of it better.


[Thumb - IMG_4496.jpg]


Be smart, be safe, and keep your biggest gun loaded. 
   
Made in ca
Fixture of Dakka




Thank you great. Have something to look forward to buying in the new year. Too bad I didn't see this before Christmas money disappeared.

Here is hoping you will have stock come January/February. Looking forward to these and thank you for the reply.

Agies Grimm:The "Learn to play, bro" mentality is mostly just a way for someone to try to shame you by implying that their metaphorical nerd-wiener is bigger than yours. Which, ironically, I think nerds do even more vehemently than jocks.

Everything is made up and the points don't matter. 40K or Who's Line is it Anyway?

Auticus wrote: Or in summation: its ok to exploit shoddy points because those are rules and gamers exist to find rules loopholes (they are still "legal"), but if the same force can be composed without structure, it emotionally feels "wrong".  
   
Made in ua
Fresh-Faced New User




Ukraine Kharkiv

Davor wrote:
Thank you great. Have something to look forward to buying in the new year. Too bad I didn't see this before Christmas money disappeared.

Here is hoping you will have stock come January/February. Looking forward to these and thank you for the reply.


Allways my pleasure

And HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERY ONE!

Be smart, be safe, and keep your biggest gun loaded. 
   
Made in us
Veteran Knight Baron in a Crusader







Nice look and a great name for a game!
   
Made in ua
Fresh-Faced New User




Ukraine Kharkiv

 kestral wrote:
Nice look and a great name for a game!

Thank you!

Be smart, be safe, and keep your biggest gun loaded. 
   
Made in ua
Fresh-Faced New User




Ukraine Kharkiv

Hello all again. Here is some concept sketch for our new models in "Pirate alliance"

And also here is the first rules pack for the game.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LRtSdZUY7NgpbX37IPh7WFqgs5VoA6vIq9QVSh4Yj8Y Humans army.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kquWd7HabPVGTcfaarfWKcUWbEoZpeulgsWxJt-9z8g Seit aggression force.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=19XZ5j9IT1-Rbh0tOXqwC5PztNh2tyyJqctRTnhxsLIc Main rules.

Feel free to play it, test it. For any feedback good or bad me as a leader of a rulesteam will be most grateful.
[Thumb - IMG_3968.JPG]

[Thumb - boatswain.jpg]

[Thumb - front.jpg]


Be smart, be safe, and keep your biggest gun loaded. 
   
Made in ua
Fresh-Faced New User




Ukraine Kharkiv

Compearing sizes.
[Thumb - ^782B5075177E75BAFC637B7C0385137975F47FE6CF704FF449^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg]


Be smart, be safe, and keep your biggest gun loaded. 
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: