Switch Theme:

Aeldari rumours (Avatar variants images - page 68, rules leaks - page 69)  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in be
Fresh-Faced New User





For comparison's sake, the original Dark Eldar minis were released in 1998.

Taking that into consideration, I'd be very happy to see the Vyper get a facelift.

New Guardians however would be at the top of my Craftworld Eldar wishlist..
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Gathering the Informations.

For what it's worth, it has sounded like there's A Plan to bring in a new Vyper too, just down the road.

There's been some murmurings about GW wanting to ensure that all the Aeldari factions(Drukhari, Craftworlders, and Harlequins) have 3 "classes" of Jetbikes:
A Venom/Starweaver/Vyper equivalent.
A Skyweaver equivalent.
A Guardian/Reaver Jetbike equivalent.

Would add a little bit of wiggle-room for new units to be added that way without crowding out everyone.
   
Made in us
Defending Guardian Defender





Long Beach

New claim on the subreddit, now a new rumor monger is allegedly going to make daily leak posts in advent calendar format on the "Aeldari warhammer 40k" discord channel.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/12/01 00:35:56


Put the pick in there Pete; and turn it round, real neat. 
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

I bet his dad works for Nintendo.

Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

 
   
Made in us
Defending Guardian Defender





Long Beach

 H.B.M.C. wrote:
I bet his dad works for Nintendo.



Lol, definitely. And his dad at nintendo worked with a bloke whose room mate worked at a GW store one summer and told him everything. Honestly though all these over the top "leaks" keep getting upvoted there, I dont get it.



Put the pick in there Pete; and turn it round, real neat. 
   
Made in fr
Hellacious Havoc






 Kennizard wrote:
 H.B.M.C. wrote:
I bet his dad works for Nintendo.



Lol, definitely. And his dad at nintendo worked with a bloke whose room mate worked at a GW store one summer and told him everything. Honestly though all these over the top "leaks" keep getting upvoted there, I dont get it.




Everyone likes to dream ? I guess ?

-"For the Ruinous Powers!" 
   
Made in us
Been Around the Block





looks like there is some update on advent rumour leeks

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eldar/comments/r6dd8b/day_1_of_the_eldar_xmas_leak_calendar/

A quick edit I forgot to mention the next rumour release will be at 9:00 AM GMT

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/12/01 20:55:18


 
   
Made in us
Wicked Ghast






Sharpsburg, MD

Wouldn't it be cool if it was a kit that let you make guardians or corsiars?
   
Made in au
Hissing Hybrid Metamorph






 clodax66 wrote:
looks like there is some update on advent rumour leeks

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eldar/comments/r6dd8b/day_1_of_the_eldar_xmas_leak_calendar/

A quick edit I forgot to mention the next rumour release will be at 9:00 AM GMT


So is that roughly 2 and a half hours? Intrigued to see.
   
Made in gb
Tunneling Trygon







   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

All unverifiable, and with a nice "this could all change" get-out-of-rumour-free card.

I think I speak for everyone when I say:

"Pics or GTFO!"

Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

 
   
Made in de
Crafty Goblin




Hamburg

This is so obviously fake. Just a summary of some of the other rumours, especially of the very Valrak-specific Autarch with fusiongun.
The disclaimer is laughable especially as it refers to the reddit hoax and doesn't even get this right. GW designs and plans the models first. The rules come afterwards. If there is a model, than there are rules for it - no sudden dropping of unit entries. This is just hetching his bets.

The redditor claimed to have seen a printed product. Now the Discord hoaxer claims that this was a test print to reconciel it with his set. But this also mean the rules from the Discord channel are based on playtest rules, but this doesn't give him insight into model releases.

Most damning is that Bõñkïñg Cäräcäl, the Discord user who posts this advent crap, was very enamored with the reddit hoax. When this was debunbed when the redditor pulled a "delete my account before I have to provide the promised pictures" stunt, BK got his own leak within a couple of hours and prepared a advent calendar.

Here is the timeline of the chat:
[CM] AKA Bõñkïñg Cäräcäl — 11/26/2021 1:45 PM
If it's a troll what they needed was an in depth knowledge of the faction and releases so far and essentially made up an entire codex themselves, then they have written it in such a way that they have seen it and are trying to remember it
Which is crazy
It's too good if it's a troll
And I love it either way

[CM] AKA Bõñkïñg Cäräcäl — 11/26/2021 2:48 PM
They didn't they were misrembering loads of stuff
Which is why it seems realistic

<<<<alleged conversation about custodes with leaker>>>> 11/26/2021 4:19 PM

[YA] Farseer Dripziel — 11/26/2021 4:42 PM
(posts that the reddit leak was deleted)

[CM] AKA Bõñkïñg Cäräcäl — 11/26/2021 6:44 PM
@Serrato, Former Server Owner
(Screenshot of Google Docs Page/Word count)

Serrato, Former Server Owner — 11/26/2021 6:46 PM
no seriously is that the lenght of your Xmas Leak ? xD

[CM] AKA Bõñkïñg Cäräcäl — 11/26/2021 6:46 PM
Perhaps
(Meme)

[CM] AKA Bõñkïñg Cäräcäl — 11/26/2021 11:48 PM
december first is soon
(Meme)

[CM] AKA Bõñkïñg Cäräcäl — 11/27/2021 4:04 PM
We have new set of leaks coming out through December
It's going to be an advent calendar type thing

[CM] AKA Bõñkïñg Cäräcäl — 11/27/2021 4:20PM
someone sent me 4 pages of leaks

Re: that's what you meant with that 4 pages and 1300 words
[CM] AKA Bõñkïñg Cäräcäl — 11/27/2021 4:21 PM
ye i just formatted it all into 24 sections
I think I will reveal what the topic of each day is on the 1st too

Re:as long as you tell me it's less of a fake rumour than that reddit one
[CM] AKA Bõñkïñg Cäräcäl — 11/27/2021
it could all be made up
or some of it
or all rumours have some sort of truth to them

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/12/02 09:37:09


 
   
Made in gb
Tunneling Trygon






FWIW the guy posting these in the subreddit says that they're coming from a source sending them privately on Discord, who has a track record of previously correct info on BT, GSC, & Custodes. He also included a screenshot of a message covering details of Custodes stances before the GW article was posted.

Recently, our server admin has been approached by a reliable source with roughly 4 pages of Craftworld Eldar leaks. To celebrate the occasion, we're holding a christmas Leak calendar, with new information every day.


no, don't worry, the guy from last week has nothing to do with these rumours.

They actually come from the same person that predicted the exact Black tempar mini-lineup, as well as the custodes and GSC releases. There will be no pictures, but considering the accuracy of the rumours up until now, it's not unlikely that there's truth to them.

Of course, still always take them with a grain of salt, as you should take all rumours and leaks.


Could still be made up, but if it is someone is going to a lot of effort.
   
Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut




Well, if it's still 3+ months before the final print, the book won't be out on sale in 2022 anyways.
   
Made in de
Crafty Goblin




Hamburg

 xttz wrote:
FWIW the guy posting these in the subreddit says that they're coming from a source sending them privately on Discord, who has a track record of previously correct info on BT, GSC, & Custodes. He also included a screenshot of a message covering details of Custodes stances before the GW article was posted..

Yeah. He claims that. But there is no proof. This is just a more elaborate way of saying "My source is totally reliable. I promise!".
The images were posted long after the Custodes Warhammer Community post went live. The timestamp in the image is irrelevant because this is easy to fake.
The Discord user decided that his imaginary source is reliable before the WC article could give him confirmation.
   
Made in au
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Vovin wrote:
 xttz wrote:
FWIW the guy posting these in the subreddit says that they're coming from a source sending them privately on Discord, who has a track record of previously correct info on BT, GSC, & Custodes. He also included a screenshot of a message covering details of Custodes stances before the GW article was posted..

Yeah. He claims that. But there is no proof. This is just a more elaborate way of saying "My source is totally reliable. I promise!".
The images were posted long after the Custodes Warhammer Community post went live. The timestamp in the image is irrelevant because this is easy to fake.
The Discord user decided that his imaginary source is reliable before the WC article could give him confirmation.


Not that I necessarily believe this guy, but that's how ALL rumour mongers without actual photos work. They ask you to trust them and their proof is just the stuff they've provided.

It's all a popularity and reputation contest - if people don't like you they ignore what you have to say.

I do believe that someone could have gotten info without getting photos as well. But photos are about the only proof - and even then there's been faked photos out there as well...

   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut





I want to believe but over on Bolter and Chainsword they said the guy that leaked the roadmap got into trouble with GW as they traced the leaseback to him. Doubt he would be leaking stuff again.
Plus I imagine the artwork for the avatar he is talking about is the 2nd ed artwork by Mark Gibbons, didn't come out in 3rd.
But we shall see, I've dismissed other rumours before and been wrong.
   
Made in gb
Tunneling Trygon






IMO the strongest evidence in favour of the leaks isn't the content, it's the fact that GW are doing an Eldar-themed rumour engine at the exact same time. That implies something is imminent.
   
Made in fi
5th God of Chaos (O'rly?)





 Vovin wrote:
GW designs and plans the models first. The rules come afterwards. If there is a model, than there are rules for it - no sudden dropping of unit entries. This is just hetching his bets.


Mind you just because there's model doesn't mean it will appear next codex. Famous example being eldar jetbikes which were seen in person(in GW convention) decade before they actually got released. They for example got sidelined by new wraithguard models.

But yeah still I call bogus.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/12/02 10:16:17


2022 painted/bought: 38/38 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut




 xttz wrote:
IMO the strongest evidence in favour of the leaks isn't the content, it's the fact that GW are doing an Eldar-themed rumour engine at the exact same time. That implies something is imminent.


We know Eldar are coming, from the actually reliable rumour.

That doesn't detract or support from these leaks because it was known before they came.
   
Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut




 xttz wrote:
IMO the strongest evidence in favour of the leaks isn't the content, it's the fact that GW are doing an Eldar-themed rumour engine at the exact same time. That implies something is imminent.


IMO, that is the strongest evidence against it. Seeing GW do an Eldar-themed rumour-engine and Eldar very likely imminent is just the kind of opportunity to jump on the band-waggon with some fantasy-rumours, conjecture, recycling of previous rumors and vague "probably might happen" predictions.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/12/02 10:24:05


 
   
Made in de
Crafty Goblin




Hamburg

 Hellebore wrote:
Not that I necessarily believe this guy, but that's how ALL rumour mongers without actual photos work. They ask you to trust them and their proof is just the stuff they've provided.

It's all a popularity and reputation contest - if people don't like you they ignore what you have to say.

I do believe that someone could have gotten info without getting photos as well. But photos are about the only proof - and even then there's been faked photos out there as well...
That's not the point. Of course there are actual leaks without pictures. The roadmap leak is the best example. But if you claim that your info is from playtest rule, you cannot claim to have knowledge about actual model releases, because this info is not contained in a playtest version of a codex. The Discord shitposter did just that.

 xttz wrote:
IMO the strongest evidence in favour of the leaks isn't the content, it's the fact that GW are doing an Eldar-themed rumour engine at the exact same time. That implies something is imminent.
We did know that before due to the roadmap leak.

tneva82 wrote:
Mind you just because there's model doesn't mean it will appear next codex. Famous example being eldar jetbikes which were seen in person(in GW convention) decade before they actually got released. They for example got sidelined by new wraithguard models.
The prototype shown is different from the production model in many subtle ways and the rider torso is obviously quite different. so it was made when Jes redid the Drukhari range, probably to ensure consistency across all Eldar branches. There wasn't a unit entry with scatter lasers for years before the actual models released. And I doubt that there was a unit entry with scatter lasers in the playtest rules that got scrapped last minute.
   
Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut




 Hellebore wrote:


Not that I necessarily believe this guy, but that's how ALL rumour mongers without actual photos work. They ask you to trust them and their proof is just the stuff they've provided.

It's all a popularity and reputation contest - if people don't like you they ignore what you have to say.

I do believe that someone could have gotten info without getting photos as well. But photos are about the only proof - and even then there's been faked photos out there as well...



Problem is, people rarely remember the non-sense, and it quickly fades from memory. We've had predicted tyranids releases this year, some crazy 30K plastic starter box, even Squats allegedly this year.

If the stuff doesn't pan out or fails to gain traction of the kind these Eldar things are gaining atm, nothing's lost and people can just spin up another fun rumour for clicks and (these days) discord-members joining.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/12/02 11:59:45


 
   
Made in gb
Tunneling Trygon






 Vovin wrote:

 xttz wrote:
IMO the strongest evidence in favour of the leaks isn't the content, it's the fact that GW are doing an Eldar-themed rumour engine at the exact same time. That implies something is imminent.
We did know that before due to the roadmap leak.


The reliable rumour didn't give any specific timescale for Eldar, they could have dropped any time in 2022. A daily rumour engine is usually used for imminent releases (like the 2019 CSM update, or last year's advent engine covering a lot of Q1 2021 stuff).

At the same time, generally speaking any super detailed rumours made several months out usually tend to be bogus. It's only when the release schedule is firmed up at 3-4 months away and the final codex goes to print do leakers typically get accurate details. I'm more inclined to believe rumours about a book being released Feb/March 2022 than about one not coming until the end of 2022 or later.

I'm not taking it as any kind of confirmation, just a positive sign.
   
Made in de
Crafty Goblin




Hamburg

 xttz wrote:

The reliable rumour didn't give any specific timescale for Eldar, they could have dropped any time in 2022. A daily rumour engine is usually used for imminent releases (like the 2019 CSM update, or last year's advent engine covering a lot of Q1 2021 stuff).

At the same time, generally speaking any super detailed rumours made several months out usually tend to be bogus. It's only when the release schedule is firmed up at 3-4 months away and the final codex goes to print do leakers typically get accurate details. I'm more inclined to believe rumours about a book being released Feb/March 2022 than about one not coming until the end of 2022 or later.

I'm not taking it as any kind of confirmation, just a positive sign.
Yes, but there are already Eldar rumour engines.

And what you said about would be true for both the reddit and the discord hoaxes. And both are mutually exclusive (ranger jetbikes, swooping hawks, baharroth, embers of khaine, ...).
   
Made in jp
Longtime Dakkanaut





Valrak just did a video claiming he has seen a female autarch with fusion pistol and starglaive, new rangers and new ranger jetbikes with two riders on each bike.
The only time he's been wrong about this sort of thing is when he thought the black Templar ancient conversion was a new model.
I think there's definitely some fire behind all this smoke.
Valrak said he hasn't seen any other models but that doesn't mean they aren't coming.
He's also heard there will be a chaos Vs Eldar box set but he hasn't seen it personally.
   
Made in de
Crafty Goblin




Hamburg

Chikout wrote:
Valrak just did a video claiming he has seen a female autarch with fusion pistol and starglaive, new rangers and new ranger jetbikes with two riders on each bike.
The only time he's been wrong about this sort of thing is when he thought the black Templar ancient conversion was a new model.
I think there's definitely some fire behind all this smoke.
Valrak said he hasn't seen any other models but that doesn't mean they aren't coming.
He's also heard there will be a chaos Vs Eldar box set but he hasn't seen it personally.

Valrak is only repeating other sources. He has reported on the roadmap leak, the Reddit post and now the Discord post. His track record is exactly as good as these sources, so stellar in the first case, but very very likely pretty dismal in the latter two cases.
The only things that are from a source exclusive to him are the autarch and ranger jetbike bits. He calls this source Alpharius. But these rumour bits are old new. He called the autarch weapon a fusiongun for a long time. So the Discord shitposter took them and incorporated them into his own.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/12/02 12:32:39


 
   
Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut




Isn't that from the September Rumors?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eldar/comments/px6p3g/consolidating_the_rumors_in_the_sub/


New Units
Jetbike Rangers (Have a pre-game move, feature two rangers - back ranger has a sniper)

New Scouts

New Guardians (New box has both defenders and Storm guardians. Platform works for both squads, but the Storm Guardian one doesn't have a gun?)

Rangers going to plastic

The new scouts to me may be the same exact thing as the Ranger Jetbikes. Those sound pretty similar imo, though, the infiltration rule would be doubled up on as I'm sure Rangers will get that in the new Codex. Any new units are welcome.

Storm Guardian platform sounds... weird. Could be some sort of shield generator or something, or a once per game grav boost thing that gives a unit a free extra normal move or something.
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran







Isn't this "holding back models" thing wrong? They make the rules for the miniatures, not the other way around. I remember reading before that they operate on a several year timeframe when it comes to designing and releasing new stuff, so Castellan Crowe wasn't "held back" for 2-3 years for some vague unknown reason, that's just how long it takes.
   
Made in au
Longtime Dakkanaut





Well the calendar now has a jetbike engine so that pretty much confirms Ranger bikers

   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: