Switch Theme:

NOW is the time for your completely false and made up 10th edition rumors!  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Ridin' on a Snotling Pump Wagon






10th Edition will be a mix of Rogue Trader’s various rule sets.

Players will be far, far too confused and baffled to be able to spare time to complain.

Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives? Why not join us?

H.B.M.C, 27 July 2022. Suddenly the Chaos Codex doesn't seem so bad.

Not at all quote mined. 
   
Made in gb
Leader of the Sept







 VladimirHerzog wrote:
 NoiseMarine with Tinnitus wrote:
GW will fully embrace a format of activating individual units on an alterating basis as opposed to IGOYGO.





God i wish.

In the mean time : Theres OPR for me


Now how complicated can we get this...

So, initiative phase is IGOUGO to define initiative for each unit in each army.
Followed by movement phase where every unit has 2 movement actions that have to be spent on two different movement rates, based on colours and geometric shape categories.
Then we hit the psychology phase (stealing shamlessly from Abadabadoobadon) where its IGOUGO for each player to bid on a unit by unit basis against their cool, stupidity and morale values to decide what non-movement actions they want from a fixed pool of available actions. If there are more units than actions, then some just don't get to do anything! Take that Min-Max! If a unit runs out of cool, then they are destroyed. Units can never run out of stupidity.
Then based on initiative, each player gets to choose one unit at a time to undertake the aforesaid action, except that you can drop actions from higher initiative units to give to lower initiative units, but only on a IGOUGO basis.
Close combat phase - Charges are IGOUGO, then all attacks from everyone are rolled all at once and everything is hit simultaneously, except Eldar who counter intuitively go last, so can be wiped out before attacking.
Shooting phase - Players take turns on a model by model basis to fire everything in their army with a valid shoot action assigned, except Tau who fire everything all at once before anyone else gets a go. If its Tau versus Tau, fun times all round!
Psychic phase - If anything is still standing, then its back to IGOUGO for persistent psychic powers.
End phase - GW brand tissues are available to wipe the sweat off and to cry desperately into


Please excuse any spelling errors. I use a tablet frequently and software keyboards are a pain!

Terranwing - w3;d1;l1
51st Dunedinw2;d0;l0
Cadre Coronal Afterglow w1;d0;l0 
   
Made in us
Humming Great Unclean One of Nurgle






AA would end up worse than half the suggestions here so I think it fits

Road to Renown! It's like classic Path to Glory, but repaired, remastered, expanded! https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/778170.page

I chose an avatar I feel best represents the quality of my post history.

I try to view Warhammer as more of a toolbox with examples than fully complete games. 
   
Made in at
Discriminating Warrior





Austria

if GW would use alternating unit activations, I am pretty sure that by 12th Edition everyone would complain that AA is the worst possible system for such a game and GW needs to switch to something else

in addition every other game that uses AA will be called bad simply because of how GW messed it up, as it happend with USRs and alternating turns/phases (which will be ironic because GW will call it AA but it won't be AA but a mix out of anything they found cool at the time)

Harry, bring this ring to Narnia or the Sith will take the Enterprise

M41 - Alternative Rules for Battles in the 41st Millennium (40k LRB Project) 
   
Made in de
Ork Admiral Kroozin Da Kosmos on Da Hulk






 kodos wrote:
if GW would use alternating unit activations, I am pretty sure that by 12th Edition everyone would complain that AA is the worst possible system for such a game and GW needs to switch to something else

in addition every other game that uses AA will be called bad simply because of how GW messed it up, as it happend with USRs and alternating turns/phases (which will be ironic because GW will call it AA but it won't be AA but a mix out of anything they found cool at the time)


I disagree. People would immediately complain after the first leak of any AA rules.

[...] To the Ork, the only conceivable explanation for this is that the vehicle travels faster because it is red. However, as disturbing as it sounds, these 'facts' become true. Red Ork vehicles do travel perceptibly faster than those of other colors, even when all other design aspects are nominally the same. Similarly, many captured Ork weapons and items of equipment should not work, and indeed do not work unless wielded by an Ork. I believe this is linked to the strong psychic aura surrounding all Orkoids and have developed the Anzion Theorem of Orkoid Mechamorphic Resonant Kinetics. I theorise that many Ork inventions work because the Orks themselves think that they should work. The strong telekinetic abilities of the Ork's subconscious somehow ensures that the machinery or weaponry functions as desired.
This is literally all GW has ever writte on this topic - everything else is meme knowledge 
   
Made in pl
Fixture of Dakka




That is because AA with a skirmish LoS and rules system, but played with a wargame number of models would be just as bad what we have now. And the chance that GW decides that in order to make the global player expiriance better they are writing to game in a way to be played with half the models, is never ever going to happen.

If you have to kill, then kill in the best manner. If you slaughter, then slaughter in the best manner. Let one of you sharpen his knife so his animal feels no pain. 
   
Made in us
Servoarm Flailing Magos






Karol wrote:
That is because AA with a skirmish LoS and rules system, but played with a wargame number of models would be just as bad what we have now. And the chance that GW decides that in order to make the global player expiriance better they are writing to game in a way to be played with half the models, is never ever going to happen.


If it works for OPR / Legions / Apocalypse, it can work for 40k.
   
Made in pl
Fixture of Dakka




I don't know about the first two, but I do know apocalyps. And that one doesn't operate the way w40k does, by which I mean it does not work as if it was a skirmish system. Units are more like tokens, it is not the models that attack or shot the way it is in w40k, but rather the units. Same way with taking damage etc.

But if you think that after 10 editions you can convince GW to no longer pretend they are playing a table top version of an RPG, then why not. Sky is the limit then. Why not play w40k with d20s, more granular stats and fewer models. Would add more depth to the game and make more units viable. Why not, as this is the thread about the rumors that are made up.

If you have to kill, then kill in the best manner. If you slaughter, then slaughter in the best manner. Let one of you sharpen his knife so his animal feels no pain. 
   
Made in at
Discriminating Warrior





Austria

 VladimirHerzog wrote:
it can work for 40k.
just because you give your system a fancy name does not make it magically work
alternate unit activations works for other games because they have actually written a game, for the same reason alternating player turns or alternating phases work

40k is a random compilation of rules, which GW calls IGoUGo, and simply by changing the name to Alternate Activation and still have a random compilation of rules that have nothing to do with AA does make it work

Harry, bring this ring to Narnia or the Sith will take the Enterprise

M41 - Alternative Rules for Battles in the 41st Millennium (40k LRB Project) 
   
Made in de
Ork Admiral Kroozin Da Kosmos on Da Hulk






I have no illusions of GW not fething up an AA system just as much as they fethed up their IGOUGO, but at least I won't doing nothing but removing models for half an hour straight.

[...] To the Ork, the only conceivable explanation for this is that the vehicle travels faster because it is red. However, as disturbing as it sounds, these 'facts' become true. Red Ork vehicles do travel perceptibly faster than those of other colors, even when all other design aspects are nominally the same. Similarly, many captured Ork weapons and items of equipment should not work, and indeed do not work unless wielded by an Ork. I believe this is linked to the strong psychic aura surrounding all Orkoids and have developed the Anzion Theorem of Orkoid Mechamorphic Resonant Kinetics. I theorise that many Ork inventions work because the Orks themselves think that they should work. The strong telekinetic abilities of the Ork's subconscious somehow ensures that the machinery or weaponry functions as desired.
This is literally all GW has ever writte on this topic - everything else is meme knowledge 
   
Made in at
Discriminating Warrior





Austria

 Jidmah wrote:
but at least I won't doing nothing but removing models for half an hour straight.

I take the bet and hold 100 Internet points that this will never change in 40k

Harry, bring this ring to Narnia or the Sith will take the Enterprise

M41 - Alternative Rules for Battles in the 41st Millennium (40k LRB Project) 
   
Made in us
Servoarm Flailing Magos






 kodos wrote:
 VladimirHerzog wrote:
it can work for 40k.
just because you give your system a fancy name does not make it magically work
alternate unit activations works for other games because they have actually written a game, for the same reason alternating player turns or alternating phases work

40k is a random compilation of rules, which GW calls IGoUGo, and simply by changing the name to Alternate Activation and still have a random compilation of rules that have nothing to do with AA does make it work


well yes? Thats what i mean, obviously don't just change it from IGOUGO to AA with no extra changes (tho it does work, i've tried it before finding out about OPR)


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Jidmah wrote:
I have no illusions of GW not fething up an AA system just as much as they fethed up their IGOUGO, but at least I won't doing nothing but removing models for half an hour straight.


Yeah, thats my opinion too. At least AA lets you play more of your models.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/08/15 13:55:35


 
   
Made in gb
Slaanesh Chosen Marine Riding a Fiend





OK chaps and chapettes. The comment I made was intended as humour i.e. the reason why OP creates posts like this from time to time.

Let's respect the intent of the thread and if you want to discuss the viability or otherwise of AA in 40K then create a separate thread thingy.


Please note, for those of you who play Chaos Daemons as a faction the term "Daemon" is potentially offensive. Instead, please play codex "Chaos: Mortally Challenged". Thank you. 
   
Made in at
Discriminating Warrior





Austria

 VladimirHerzog wrote:
well yes? Thats what i mean, obviously don't just change it from IGOUGO to AA with no extra changes (tho it does work, i've tried it before finding out about OPR).

point is, 40k is already halfway thru the changes from alternating player turns to alternating activations
the times it was IGoUGo are long gone, they just still call the abomination that way instead of something made up

so if GW does not bother to do the extra work and make an IGoUGo System, why do you think the bother and do the extra work to make an Activation based system

Harry, bring this ring to Narnia or the Sith will take the Enterprise

M41 - Alternative Rules for Battles in the 41st Millennium (40k LRB Project) 
   
Made in us
Servoarm Flailing Magos






 kodos wrote:
 VladimirHerzog wrote:
well yes? Thats what i mean, obviously don't just change it from IGOUGO to AA with no extra changes (tho it does work, i've tried it before finding out about OPR).

point is, 40k is already halfway thru the changes from alternating player turns to alternating activations
the times it was IGoUGo are long gone, they just still call the abomination that way instead of something made up

so if GW does not bother to do the extra work and make an IGoUGo System, why do you think the bother and do the extra work to make an Activation based system


i don't get what you're trying to say. Are you saying that 40k isnt IGOUGO?
   
Made in at
Discriminating Warrior





Austria

the current rules have nothing from IGoUGo except the name and the basic idea that there are player turns

it is neither a proper IGoUGo system as it is an activation based system but a strange mix of everything that is around

the main problem is not what system is used, but it is not thought thru and other "cool ideas" were mixed in to improve it

Harry, bring this ring to Narnia or the Sith will take the Enterprise

M41 - Alternative Rules for Battles in the 41st Millennium (40k LRB Project) 
   
Made in us
Servoarm Flailing Magos






 kodos wrote:
the current rules have nothing from IGoUGo except the name and the basic idea that there are player turns

it is neither a proper IGoUGo system as it is an activation based system but a strange mix of everything that is around

the main problem is not what system is used, but it is not thought thru and other "cool ideas" were mixed in to improve it


I don't see how it isnt an IGOUGO system?

One player does everything they want in their turn with all their force, then the other does the same
   
Made in pl
Fixture of Dakka




 VladimirHerzog wrote:


well yes? Thats what i mean, obviously don't just change it from IGOUGO to AA with no extra changes (tho it does work, i've tried it before finding out about OPR)
.


With the speed GW puts forth changes, and how they would have to adjust armies and rules for them. With the most important thing being , for GW, not lowering the number of models needed to play. In order to have a different activation system in w40k, they would not only have to totaly reset the game, but also start working on it like an edition or more before that, while doing and still desiging books for the old system. The chance that GW would do both or either good, is extremly low. And what sense is there in changing one bad system for another one? So that one can live in hope that maybe in 2-3 editions GW is going to fix everything or somethings, expectations depending on how long someone plays w40k?

If you have to kill, then kill in the best manner. If you slaughter, then slaughter in the best manner. Let one of you sharpen his knife so his animal feels no pain. 
   
Made in us
Servoarm Flailing Magos






Karol wrote:
 VladimirHerzog wrote:


well yes? Thats what i mean, obviously don't just change it from IGOUGO to AA with no extra changes (tho it does work, i've tried it before finding out about OPR)
.


With the speed GW puts forth changes, and how they would have to adjust armies and rules for them. With the most important thing being , for GW, not lowering the number of models needed to play. In order to have a different activation system in w40k, they would not only have to totaly reset the game, but also start working on it like an edition or more before that, while doing and still desiging books for the old system. The chance that GW would do both or either good, is extremly low. And what sense is there in changing one bad system for another one? So that one can live in hope that maybe in 2-3 editions GW is going to fix everything or somethings, expectations depending on how long someone plays w40k?


You're in a thread talking about what people would like to see in the next edition.

This is exactly the place to make these suggestions.
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka







 VladimirHerzog wrote:
You're in a thread talking about what people would like to see in the next edition.

This is exactly the place to make these suggestions.

*looks at the thread title*

No, we're in a thread about "false and made up 10th edition rumours" - not the wish-listing thread at all.

That would be the one that's at 16 pages already - maybe take your derailment over there, instead?

2021 Plog - Here we go again... - my fifth attempt at a Dakka PLOG

My [url=https://pileofpotential.com/dysartes]Pile of Potential[/url - updates ongoing...

Gamgee on Tau Players wrote:we all kill cats and sell our own families to the devil and eat live puppies.


 Kanluwen wrote:
This is, emphatically, why I will continue suggesting nuking Guard and starting over again. It's a legacy army that needs to be rebooted with a new focal point.

Confirmation of why no-one should listen to Kanluwen when it comes to the IG - he doesn't want the IG, he want's Kan's New Model Army... 
   
Made in us
Servoarm Flailing Magos






 Dysartes wrote:
 VladimirHerzog wrote:
You're in a thread talking about what people would like to see in the next edition.

This is exactly the place to make these suggestions.

*looks at the thread title*

No, we're in a thread about "false and made up 10th edition rumours" - not the wish-listing thread at all.

That would be the one that's at 16 pages already - maybe take your derailment over there, instead?


woops, my bad.

(tho is it really derailment if were talking about rules that could be in 10th?)
   
Made in gb
Bryan Ansell





Birmingham, UK

 VladimirHerzog wrote:
 Dysartes wrote:
 VladimirHerzog wrote:
You're in a thread talking about what people would like to see in the next edition.

This is exactly the place to make these suggestions.

*looks at the thread title*

No, we're in a thread about "false and made up 10th edition rumours" - not the wish-listing thread at all.

That would be the one that's at 16 pages already - maybe take your derailment over there, instead?


woops, my bad.

(tho is it really derailment if were talking about rules that could be in 10th?)


What you need is something like this:

Outriders and SM bikers will be able to take an exploding lance type weapon which will be wildly OP. Useless Rough Riders will feature heavily in promo for the release.
   
Made in eg
[MOD]
Keeper of the Adeptus Arbites Flame






Cairo, Egypt

145 - After years of debate between fans of AA and IGOUGO, GW decides to square the circle. 10th edition games will use IGOUGO for odd numbered turns and AA for even numbered turns. The Big Rule Book will come in 2 volumes, Codex Odd Numbered Turns and Codex Even Numbered Turns.

146 - Due a typo in Index: This Will Be Out of Date In 6 Months (HC $75) Imperial Guard have a movement of 1" but 6 Wounds each. IG players will refuse to accept any so-called errata or FAQs as FAKE NEWS.


 
   
Made in us
Gargantuan Gargant





New Bedford, MA USA

The 10th edition will be the most fun and well-balanced of all editions.

Models will only be available in digital format. The prices will remain unchanged. The "STC FORMAT" files will self-destruct after a single printing.


   
Made in de
Ork Admiral Kroozin Da Kosmos on Da Hulk






149 - GW will sell 3D printers that will print one miniature in finecast and then stop working.

[...] To the Ork, the only conceivable explanation for this is that the vehicle travels faster because it is red. However, as disturbing as it sounds, these 'facts' become true. Red Ork vehicles do travel perceptibly faster than those of other colors, even when all other design aspects are nominally the same. Similarly, many captured Ork weapons and items of equipment should not work, and indeed do not work unless wielded by an Ork. I believe this is linked to the strong psychic aura surrounding all Orkoids and have developed the Anzion Theorem of Orkoid Mechamorphic Resonant Kinetics. I theorise that many Ork inventions work because the Orks themselves think that they should work. The strong telekinetic abilities of the Ork's subconscious somehow ensures that the machinery or weaponry functions as desired.
This is literally all GW has ever writte on this topic - everything else is meme knowledge 
   
Made in au
Voracious Kroothound





Square Bases.
   
Made in fr
Trazyn's Museum Curator





on the forum. Obviously

Nah mate, square bases are soooo 1980.
Dodecahedron bases are where it's at.
That way the whole base can be a tactical rock!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/08/16 12:29:18


What I have
~4100
~1660

Westwood lives in death!
Peace through power!

A longbeard when it comes to Necrons and WHFB. Grumble Grumble

 
   
Made in eg
[MOD]
Keeper of the Adeptus Arbites Flame






Cairo, Egypt

158-GW will finally weigh in on the long-running female space marine debate:

This is a creative game and always has been, have fun. Space Marines are toy soldiers and no more have a gender than a rock, a tree or a bridge.


159-GW's assertation that rocks, trees and bridges do not have an inherent gender will cause riots across France, Italy and Spain forcing GW to apologize to speakers of romance languages and categorically say that Space Marines are male.

160-Custodeus however are non-binary pansexuals and that is canon.

 
   
Made in at
Discriminating Warrior





Austria

28 and 32 mm bases were a production error because of wrong imperial to metric calculations

in 10th it will be 20, 30 and 40mm bases for infantry (which units gets which size depends on melee attacks and is subject of change for further balance updates)
GW will sell upgrade packs of tactical rocks for those models that won't fit the new base size


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Kid_Kyoto wrote:
158-GW will finally weigh in on the long-running female space marine debate

with this change, Adeptus Sororitas become a Codex Space Marine supplement with full access to all Primaris units

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/08/16 12:38:44


Harry, bring this ring to Narnia or the Sith will take the Enterprise

M41 - Alternative Rules for Battles in the 41st Millennium (40k LRB Project) 
   
Made in us
Hardened Veteran Guardsman




 Kid_Kyoto wrote:


160-Custodeus however are non-binary pansexuals and that is canon.


Unfortunately, GW modeling team got confused at the definition of pansexual and a big custodes battle scene for the 10th edition rules book will feature several custodes lewdly looking at frying pans.
   
 
Forum Index » 40K General Discussion
Go to: