Switch Theme:

Manliest Tank in the Universe  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in au
Preparing the Invasion of Terra






Brisbane, Australia

 purplefood wrote:

Spoiler:







You just reminded me how much I love this song

Multiple thin coats are always better than one thick coat.
 
   
Made in gb
Lieutenant Colonel







TheCustomLime wrote:
So, the Dinosaurs were wiped out by CRASSUS ARMORED ASSAULT TRANSPORTS? God, that would make for the best Land Before Time sequel ever.


Even Better lets start a Religion on it, we've got the evidence in this thread. Call your self Joe Smitt, base yourself in Jackson County OHIO, and we could write the "Book of Crassus" and go forth into the world as missionaries spreading the Gospel in the "Church of Latter Day Armoured Assault Transports". It's no more Mentally ill than it's equivalents and who knows the next POTUS might be a member of our order?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2013/01/09 08:24:53


Collecting Forge World 30k????? If you prefix any Thread Subject line on 30k or Pre-heresy or Horus Heresy with [30K] we can convince LEGO and the Admin team to create a 30K mini board if we can show there is enough interest! 
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran






 mwnciboo wrote:
TheCustomLime wrote:
So, the Dinosaurs were wiped out by CRASSUS ARMORED ASSAULT TRANSPORTS? God, that would make for the best Land Before Time sequel ever.


Even Better lets start a Religion on it, we've got the evidence in this thread. Call your self Joe Smitt, base yourself in Jackson County OHIO, and we could write the "THE ARMOURED ASSAULT BOOK OF CRASSUS." and go forth into the world as missionaries spreading the Gospel in the "THE CRASSUS ARMOURED ASSAULT CHURCH OF LATTER DAY CRASSUS ARMOURED ASSAULT TRANSPORTS". It's no more Mentally ill than it's equivalents and who knows the next POTUS might be a member of our order?


I think that will fix it for the followers



This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2013/01/09 08:26:30


"I LIEK CHOCOLATE MILK" - Batman
"It exist because it needs to. Because its not the tank the imperium deserve but the one it needs right now . So it wont complain because it can take it. Because they're not our normal tank. It is a silent guardian, a watchful protector . A leman russ!" - Ilove40k
3k
2k
/ 1k
1k 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Heroic Senior Officer





Murray, Kentucky

 Ninjacommando wrote:
 mwnciboo wrote:
TheCustomLime wrote:
So, the Dinosaurs were wiped out by CRASSUS ARMORED ASSAULT TRANSPORTS? God, that would make for the best Land Before Time sequel ever.


Even Better lets start a Religion on it, we've got the evidence in this thread. Call your self Joe Smitt, base yourself in Jackson County OHIO, and we could write the "THE ARMOURED ASSAULT BOOK OF CRASSUS." and go forth into the world as missionaries spreading the Gospel in the "THE CRASSUS ARMOURED ASSAULT CHURCH OF LATTER DAY CRASSUS ARMOURED ASSAULT TRANSPORTS". It's no more Mentally ill than it's equivalents and who knows the next POTUS might be a member of our order?


I think that will fix it for the followers


It'd make one hell of a messiah.

"Oh, yours died on a cross? That's cool. My messiah is a 100 ton land battleship that crushes the souls of the unfaithful beneath it's holy treads. ALL HAIL THE CRASSUS ARMORED ASSAULT TRANSPORT!"

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2013/01/09 08:29:28


'I've played Guard for years, and the best piece of advice is to always utilize the Guard's best special rule: "we roll more dice than you" ' - stormleader

"Sector Imperialis: 25mm and 40mm Round Bases (40+20) 26€ (Including 32 skulls for basing) " GW design philosophy in a nutshell  
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran








So saith the TRANSPORT

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2013/01/09 19:58:16


"I LIEK CHOCOLATE MILK" - Batman
"It exist because it needs to. Because its not the tank the imperium deserve but the one it needs right now . So it wont complain because it can take it. Because they're not our normal tank. It is a silent guardian, a watchful protector . A leman russ!" - Ilove40k
3k
2k
/ 1k
1k 
   
Made in ca
Rough Rider with Boomstick




Guelph Ontario

The Machine Spirit Delivers:

Think of something clever to say. 
   
Made in us
Stubborn Dark Angels Veteran Sergeant





Must not continue to read Death by giggles imminenet

And as for tanks My Stormlord destroys your Crassus Whiny Girl transport

Artie Nelson: Y'know what the Talmud says? When someone's comin' to kill ya, get up early, kill 'em first. 
   
Made in gb
Hulking Hunter-class Warmech




North West UK

 captain collius wrote:
Must not continue to read Death by giggles imminenet

And as for tanks My CRASSUS ARMOURED ASSAULT TRANSPORT destroys your Whiny StormGirl


Fixed your typo.

Not One Step Back Comrade! - Tibbsy's Stalingrad themed Soviet Strelkovy

Tibbsy's WW1 Trench Raid Diorama Blog
 Ouze wrote:

Well, you don't stuff facts into the Right Wing Outrage Machine©. My friend, you load it with derp and sensationalism, and then crank that wheel.
 
   
Made in us
Lord Commander in a Plush Chair





Seneca Nation of Indians

Malcador. Because we didn't need fancy 'turrets' or pansy ass 14 frontal armor to hide behind when we fought Horus, at the Eternity Gate, junior.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2013/01/09 14:50:27



This sig was deemed too political for Dakka.
Meanwhile, Cato Sicarius is appearing on Alex Jones.
 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut






Mesopotamia. The Kingdom Where we Secretly Reign.

Everyone knows that the answer is the CRASSUS ARMOURED ASSAULT TRANSPORT. To suggest otherwise is silliness.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2013/01/09 14:53:17


Drink deeply and lustily from the foamy draught of evil.
W: 1.756 Quadrillion L: 0 D: 2
Haters gon' hate. 
   
Made in us
Lord Commander in a Plush Chair





Seneca Nation of Indians

 Monster Rain wrote:
Everyone knows that the answer is the CRASSUS ARMOURED ASSAULT TRANSPORT. To suggest otherwise is silliness.


No because the Gorgon does it more, better, WITH THE TOP DOWN.



This sig was deemed too political for Dakka.
Meanwhile, Cato Sicarius is appearing on Alex Jones.
 
   
Made in us
Stubborn Dark Angels Veteran Sergeant





 BaronIveagh wrote:
 Monster Rain wrote:
Everyone knows that the answer is the CRASSUS ARMOURED ASSAULT TRANSPORT. To suggest otherwise is silliness.


No because the Gorgon does it more, better, WITH THE TOP DOWN.



/\ Not a tank



/\ Not a tank it is a transport



/\ A tank that is also a transport and has a giant infantry shredding gun oh and Terminators can jump out of the back and assault!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2013/01/09 15:01:52


Artie Nelson: Y'know what the Talmud says? When someone's comin' to kill ya, get up early, kill 'em first. 
   
Made in us
Morphing Obliterator





Hah, I did not expet that old meme to come around again.

I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member. -Groucho Marx
One day... 
   
Made in gb
Psychic Prisoner aboard a Black Ship





United Kingdom

People, people, people.

Whilst the CRASSUS ARMOURED ASSAULT TRANSPORT is clearly a very manly vehicle, it does not hold a candle to "The Spike" from Necropolis by Dan Abnett.

How is it manly you say? BECAUSE THEY MOUNTED A GUN RESERVED FOR A CAPITAL STARSHIP ON A ROLLING PYRAMID! AND THEN GAVE IT EVEN MORE GUNS!

But of course the true manliest tank is clearly the Leman Russ MBT... with a Land Raider belonging to the Blood Angels coming a close second because Blood Angel Land Raider drive logic is as follows

"I can't keep up with the rest of the army... I know, I'll have myself launched from a transport aicraft several thousand feet up travelling at speeds greater than the speed of sound!"

"There's no such thing as too many tanks."  
   
Made in us
Land Raider Pilot on Cruise Control






Cincinnati, Ohio



MACHARIUS OMEGA

1. Has a plasma cannon bigger than a Leman Russ Vanquisher
2. Open topped turret
3. Gun will probably explode after firing once, and is very fragile
4. Did i mention the turret is open topped, with a big, fragile gun that goes Kabluey!
4. Crew has balls that are harder than Eternity Gate x100,000,000 to be even near this tank.

Blood Ravens' 2nd Company (C:SM)
Homebrew Gabriel Angelos is back! - Please, feel free to download and send feedback


 
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka






Ol' Blighty

Definitely the CRASSUS ARMOURED ASSAULT TRANSPORT- the actual contest worth entering is second manliest, which for me is a tie between the fortress of arrogance:

... I hope I don't have to explain why, and the warmaul fellblade made by Machinator:

...because there's no such thing as "too much dakka".


DC:90-S++GM+B++I+Plotr06#+D++A+++/eWD251R++T(Ot)DM+
JB: I like the concept of a free Shrike roaming through the treetops of the jungle. I'm not sure that I like the idea of a real Shrike sitting on my couch eating my Skittles.
corpsesarefun: Thank god I missed be nice to shrike day.
greenskin lynn: because of all the skittles and soda, you basically live off sugar water, like some sort of freakish human-hummingbird hybrid. 
   
Made in ca
Wing Commander






This is what I get for having to sleep,, I allow that fiendish Crassus to remain in existence.

The Fortress of Arrogance is quite manly, as riding around on the biggest target on the battlefield with virtually no protection says something.

That, and Yarrick is seriously manly.

Therefore, I conclude, Valve should announce Half Life 2: Episode 3.
 
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran






 captain collius wrote:
 BaronIveagh wrote:
 Monster Rain wrote:
Everyone knows that the answer is the CRASSUS ARMOURED ASSAULT TRANSPORT. To suggest otherwise is silliness.


No because the Gorgon does it more, better, WITH THE TOP DOWN.


/\ Not a tank


/\ Not a tank it is a transport


/\ A tank that is also a transport and has a giant infantry shredding gun oh and Terminators can jump out of the back and assault!



"I LIEK CHOCOLATE MILK" - Batman
"It exist because it needs to. Because its not the tank the imperium deserve but the one it needs right now . So it wont complain because it can take it. Because they're not our normal tank. It is a silent guardian, a watchful protector . A leman russ!" - Ilove40k
3k
2k
/ 1k
1k 
   
Made in ca
Stinky Spore




Montreal, QC

This is the biggest Ork kannon:


WAAAH_Jobo
http://paintyourorks.blogspot.ca/

Member of 40k Montreal
There is only war in Montreal
 
   
Made in us
The Hammer of Witches






Inside of a CRASSUS ARMOURED ASSAULT TRANSPORT

I brought this up with my friend today. He said monolith.

And so:


quoth the CRASSUS

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2013/01/09 22:44:34


 angel of ecstasy wrote:

You take a dump, you flip through the Dark Eldar codex, the concept art for Lelith Hesperax shows up and you pee on the floor.


2000  
   
Made in gb
Lieutenant Colonel







I think a New Meme has been born in this thread - The problem is actually identifying it because there seems to be a few good candidates...

CRASSUS ARMOURED ASSAULT TRANSPORT has spawned far too many pseudo-meme's already..



HERETIC!!!! He took the Lords name in Vain!!!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2013/01/09 22:54:50


Collecting Forge World 30k????? If you prefix any Thread Subject line on 30k or Pre-heresy or Horus Heresy with [30K] we can convince LEGO and the Admin team to create a 30K mini board if we can show there is enough interest! 
   
Made in us
Battleship Captain





NYC

 mwnciboo wrote:
I think a New Meme has been born in this thread


It's a very, VERY old meme.

Dakka member since 2012/01/09 16:44:06

Rick's Cards&Games 1000pt Tourney: 2nd
Legion's Winter Showdown 1850: 2nd Place
Snake Eyes 1000pt Mixed Doubles: 3rd Place

Elysian 105th Skylance W:37-L:3-D:6 in 6th Edition

The Captain does HH:Imperial Fists! Tale of Four Gamers Plog (New Batrep posted!) 
   
Made in gb
Lieutenant Colonel







I don't mean the CRASSUS one, that's old. I think a new Church of CRASSUS meme, needs to be instituted...




Collecting Forge World 30k????? If you prefix any Thread Subject line on 30k or Pre-heresy or Horus Heresy with [30K] we can convince LEGO and the Admin team to create a 30K mini board if we can show there is enough interest! 
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran






Ah 1 picture from berserk sums up the response to every other post. go lord mozgus go

if you haven't read berserk i suggest you do. very grimdark

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2013/01/09 23:12:02


"I LIEK CHOCOLATE MILK" - Batman
"It exist because it needs to. Because its not the tank the imperium deserve but the one it needs right now . So it wont complain because it can take it. Because they're not our normal tank. It is a silent guardian, a watchful protector . A leman russ!" - Ilove40k
3k
2k
/ 1k
1k 
   
Made in us
Battlewagon Driver with Charged Engine




Between Alpha and Omega, and a little to the left

 WAAAGH_Jobo wrote:
This is the biggest Ork kannon:


This wins

Want to help support my plastic addiction? I sell stories about humans fighting to survive in a space age frontier.
Lord Harrab wrote:"Gimme back my leg-bone! *wack* Ow, don't hit me with it!" commonly uttered by Guardsman when in close combat with Orks.

Bonespitta's Badmoons 1441 pts.  
   
Made in ca
Mutilatin' Mad Dok





CRASSUS ARMOURED ASSAULT TRANSPORT!

Oh I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over my CASTLE-TANK


DR:90S++G++M++B-I++Pwmhd13#++D+A++++/fWD303R+++T(F)DM+

 Atma01 wrote:

And that is why you hear people yelling FOR THE EMPEROR rather than FOR LOGICAL AND QUANTIFIABLE BASED DECISIONS FOR THE BETTERMENT OF THE MAJORITY!

 
   
Made in ca
Stinky Spore




Montreal, QC

 Elector wrote:
Oh I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over my CASTLE-TANK



See the front part of the huge track carrying the Ork kannon (in red) ? That's the size of your castle tank. So add a second one in the back, plus a humongous cannon in-between them, and you got the mega Ork tank, dwarfing your puny castle tank.

WAAAH_Jobo
http://paintyourorks.blogspot.ca/

Member of 40k Montreal
There is only war in Montreal
 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Heroic Senior Officer





Murray, Kentucky

 TheAngrySquig wrote:
I brought this up with my friend today. He said monolith.

And so:


quoth the CRASSUS

I'm surprised nobody has photoshopped a CRASSUS ARMORED ASSAULT TRANSPORT in for his face yet

And I would also like to thank everyone, this thread has far surpassed all that I could've hoped for it to be.

'I've played Guard for years, and the best piece of advice is to always utilize the Guard's best special rule: "we roll more dice than you" ' - stormleader

"Sector Imperialis: 25mm and 40mm Round Bases (40+20) 26€ (Including 32 skulls for basing) " GW design philosophy in a nutshell  
   
Made in us
Battleship Captain





NYC

 MrMoustaffa wrote:
 TheAngrySquig wrote:
I brought this up with my friend today. He said monolith.

And so:


quoth the CRASSUS

I'm surprised nobody has photoshopped a CRASSUS ARMORED ASSAULT TRANSPORT in for his face yet

And I would also like to thank everyone, this thread has far surpassed all that I could've hoped for it to be.


Face needs to be a CRASSUS ARMORED ASSAULT TRANSPORT; as does the item the man is being struck with.

Dakka member since 2012/01/09 16:44:06

Rick's Cards&Games 1000pt Tourney: 2nd
Legion's Winter Showdown 1850: 2nd Place
Snake Eyes 1000pt Mixed Doubles: 3rd Place

Elysian 105th Skylance W:37-L:3-D:6 in 6th Edition

The Captain does HH:Imperial Fists! Tale of Four Gamers Plog (New Batrep posted!) 
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran





OMG my dream come true, other people read things that I do. Berserk is by far my most favorite manga and the fact that someone would actually post a picture from it makes me feel all CRASSUS ARMORED ASSAULT TRANSPORT inside. I wish i had something to add to this conversation other than my approval but oh well
   
 
Forum Index » 40K General Discussion
Go to: