Switch Theme:

Heresy/30k - News & Rumours - Imperial Fist Upgrades + Legion Focus: Blood Angels  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Thermo-Optical Hac Tao





Gosport, UK

 jojo_monkey_boy wrote:
JWBS wrote:
Or could easily just be some resin Praetors or some chapter veterans or something.


It's very much likely just to be resin praetors or some other minor item like a new special character. They have another preview before the summer, so I'm not sure why they'd show the new box this far ahead, when they aren't likely to release it until the summer, or more likely, the fall, to coincide with the 35th anniversary of Rogue Trader's release.

Every single time we get Horus Heresy in the previews, people psyche themselves up like this.


It is understandable, considering how long it’s been since the leaks of the box. It’s rare we get leaks that early. (June last year, for the record). But I’m not expecting the box this weekend.
   
Made in gb
Veteran Knight Baron in a Crusader





 jojo_monkey_boy wrote:
JWBS wrote:
Or could easily just be some resin Praetors or some chapter veterans or something.


It's very much likely just to be resin praetors or some other minor item like a new special character. They have another preview before the summer, so I'm not sure why they'd show the new box this far ahead, when they aren't likely to release it until the summer, or more likely, the fall, to coincide with the 35th anniversary of Rogue Trader's release.

Every single time we get Horus Heresy in the previews, people psyche themselves up like this.

Yeah I'm thinking it's a minor reveal but the big drop is not beyond the realms of possibility imo.
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka







Maybe something small as the actual reveal, with a tease of the box to end the segment with?

2021 Plog - Here we go again... - my fifth attempt at a Dakka PLOG

My [url=https://pileofpotential.com/dysartes]Pile of Potential[/url - updates ongoing...

Gamgee on Tau Players wrote:we all kill cats and sell our own families to the devil and eat live puppies.


 Kanluwen wrote:
This is, emphatically, why I will continue suggesting nuking Guard and starting over again. It's a legacy army that needs to be rebooted with a new focal point.

Confirmation of why no-one should listen to Kanluwen when it comes to the IG - he doesn't want the IG, he want's Kan's New Model Army... 
   
Made in gb
Moustache-twirling Princeps




United Kingdom

And the reveal is...

Ka'Bandha!
[Thumb - kab.jpg]
Ka'Bandha 30k

   
Made in gb
Thermo-Optical Hac Tao





Gosport, UK

He’s a cool model, but I think I’d have rather some Praetors haha.
   
Made in gb
Veteran Knight Baron in a Crusader





Lovely textures

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/01/28 06:45:07


 
   
Made in us
Terminator with Assault Cannon




San Jose, CA

Great model but I'm not sure about dealing w huge resin wings. It's a fething beautiful sculpt!
   
Made in nl
Did Fulgrim Just Behead Ferrus?





The Netherlands

Taken from B&C again:



Bits Blitz Designs - 3D printing a dark futuristic universe 
   
Made in gb
Veteran Knight Baron in a Crusader





New logo for offshoot game or rebrand of current one spotted
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

How whelming.

Valrak is going to be so annoyed...

Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

 
   
Made in pl
Huge Hierodule





Beautiful model!
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





This is completely from an outsider's perspective with no stake in the game, but The Horus Heresy comes across as a collectors range of swanky Primarch models rather than an actual game, which funnily enough is held in high regard.

I did like the fan efforts to take Kill Team 2018 into the Horus Heresy, which also included Titanicus-scale Knights.

Casual gaming, mostly solo-coop these days.

 
   
Made in us
Shadowy Grot Kommittee Memba




New Jersey, State of Perfection

chaos0xomega wrote:
Meh, I'll believe it when they actually announce it. This would be at least the third time that they've done a preview since the Horus Heresy box leak that people thought "woo they're finally going to announce this", so forgive me for not getting my hopes up again.


Well lads, hate to say I told you so, but... I told you so.

Realistically, something like this HH box is going to either be the big summer release (ala 40k and AoS) or the big late summer/fall release (ala a number of other bigger products GW has done). In either case, January is probably far too soon for them to want to preview it.

This ain't no pansy GW Armor, son - Digital Sculpting Plog, Now with Heavy Weapon Platforms!
Sympathy for the Devil, or: The Project Log from Hell

Ma55ter_fett wrote:It reads like the ramblings of a Nigerian lobotomized Shakespeare typed into a cellphone with a very aggressive autocomplete function.
 
   
Made in gb
Veteran Knight Baron in a Crusader





The general feeling was that we wouldn't see the HH big box and it was far more likely to be a resin Praetor / character or infantry release.
   
Made in gb
Never Forget Isstvan!






SamusDrake wrote:
This is completely from an outsider's perspective with no stake in the game, but The Horus Heresy comes across as a collectors range of swanky Primarch models rather than an actual game, which funnily enough is held in high regard.

I did like the fan efforts to take Kill Team 2018 into the Horus Heresy, which also included Titanicus-scale Knights.

That's because it was for a very long time. Until BaC and Prospero brought in plastic HH Marines you were dropping £120 just for 30 Tacticals with barebones equipment. Until GW makes it part of the regular catalogue it will remain as such.
   
Made in fi
5th God of Chaos (O'rly?)





chaos0xomega wrote:
chaos0xomega wrote:
Meh, I'll believe it when they actually announce it. This would be at least the third time that they've done a preview since the Horus Heresy box leak that people thought "woo they're finally going to announce this", so forgive me for not getting my hopes up again.


Well lads, hate to say I told you so, but... I told you so.

Realistically, something like this HH box is going to either be the big summer release (ala 40k and AoS) or the big late summer/fall release (ala a number of other bigger products GW has done). In either case, January is probably far too soon for them to want to preview it.


Has gw ever released anything big game system in feb-april period? As that's all any preview here would show.

2022 painted/bought: 227/322 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





 H.B.M.C. wrote:
How whelming.

Valrak is going to be so annoyed...


Nah, it'll give him an opportunity to do more "The Horus Heresy starter will be revealed soon" type videos.
   
Made in us
Araqiel






 Gert wrote:
SamusDrake wrote:
This is completely from an outsider's perspective with no stake in the game, but The Horus Heresy comes across as a collectors range of swanky Primarch models rather than an actual game, which funnily enough is held in high regard.

I did like the fan efforts to take Kill Team 2018 into the Horus Heresy, which also included Titanicus-scale Knights.

That's because it was for a very long time. Until BaC and Prospero brought in plastic HH Marines you were dropping £120 just for 30 Tacticals with barebones equipment. Until GW makes it part of the regular catalogue it will remain as such.


Even this isn't very accurate. Forge World itself used to support the game quite well, but then Alan died and the whole thing sort of collapsed in on itself. Since then, we've entered into a phase of one off praetors and random characters. This is part of the reason why the HH community is both so desperate for real attention from the company and also why they're generally jaded (I also put this down to the game being pretty big in Australia, where GW seems to do a miserable job with pricing).

With all of that being said, their incredibly slow edging of the community with yet another teaser in the form of this new, mediocre logo (who thought that was an improvement on the last one? I must assume someone at corporate given that they've shoe-horned in their big brand name into it for name appeal) would seem to indicate that the relaunch is happening this year. So that's something.

Though, personally, I'm now more skeptical about this relaunch after seeing how they manage 40k and necromunda. If it's going to be a trickle of a million books with add-on cards, consider me uninterested.
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut





The Battle Barge Buffet Line

No primaris lieutenant?

We Munch for Macragge! FOR THE EMPRUH! Cheesesticks and Humus!
 
   
Made in us
Terrifying Doombull




Well, an alt sculpt of an 40k and AoS model is certainly ground shaking news for 'Horus Heresy.'

Efficiency is the highest virtue. 
   
Made in gb
Never Forget Isstvan!






 jojo_monkey_boy wrote:

Even this isn't very accurate. Forge World itself used to support the game quite well, but then Alan died and the whole thing sort of collapsed in on itself. Since then, we've entered into a phase of one off praetors and random characters. This is part of the reason why the HH community is both so desperate for real attention from the company and also why they're generally jaded (I also put this down to the game being pretty big in Australia, where GW seems to do a miserable job with pricing).

With all of that being said, their incredibly slow edging of the community with yet another teaser in the form of this new, mediocre logo (who thought that was an improvement on the last one? I must assume someone at corporate given that they've shoe-horned in their big brand name into it for name appeal) would seem to indicate that the relaunch is happening this year. So that's something.

Though, personally, I'm now more skeptical about this relaunch after seeing how they manage 40k and necromunda. If it's going to be a trickle of a million books with add-on cards, consider me uninterested.

But it was still a FW game and FW is the producer of the more advanced collector's items of the Warhammer range, at least until recently. To get started in HH you had to work with resin or do a hell of a lot of conversion work making it a system aimed at established hobbyists rather than new starts. FW gave it loads of attention, yes, but the vast majority of Legion kits were already there thanks to previous IA books. The fact that the system has a massive focus on narrative over gameplay is also another factor IMO and has created a community that encourages the creative side of the hobby rather than finding super good OP combos to win all the tournaments. When I can walk into a GW store and buy a starter set for HH then I will accept that it's no longer a system for established hobbyists/collectors.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/01/28 14:26:38


 
   
Made in us
Pragmatic Primus Commanding Cult Forces






Southeastern PA, USA

SamusDrake wrote:
This is completely from an outsider's perspective with no stake in the game, but The Horus Heresy comes across as a collectors range of swanky Primarch models rather than an actual game, which funnily enough is held in high regard.

I did like the fan efforts to take Kill Team 2018 into the Horus Heresy, which also included Titanicus-scale Knights.


Honestly, that pretty obviously has been the business plan for a few years now...selling big centerpiece and character models to existing HH 'whales'. The focus definitely hasn't been on bringing in new players or really even supporting those new players. Maybe that's all going to change dramatically...but we'll see.

My AT Gallery
My World Eaters Showcase
View my Genestealer Cult! Article - Gallery - Blog
Best Appearance - GW Baltimore GT 2008, Colonial GT 2012

DQ:70+S++++G+M++++B++I+Pw40k90#+D++A+++/fWD66R++T(Ot)DM+++

 
   
Made in de
Powerful Ushbati






Holy random boss NPC, Batman! Is this guy so big in the Horus Heresy books that they think he needs a dedicated model? And does that mean we're now also getting to look forward to a round of other greater daemons for Forge World to milk now that the Primarchs are done?

chaos0xomega wrote:
chaos0xomega wrote:
Meh, I'll believe it when they actually announce it. This would be at least the third time that they've done a preview since the Horus Heresy box leak that people thought "woo they're finally going to announce this", so forgive me for not getting my hopes up again.


Well lads, hate to say I told you so, but... I told you so.

Realistically, something like this HH box is going to either be the big summer release (ala 40k and AoS) or the big late summer/fall release (ala a number of other bigger products GW has done). In either case, January is probably far too soon for them to want to preview it.


Yeah, as the likely big summer release the only uncertainty here is if we get a teaserish reveal at Adepticon and the full reveal at Warhammer Fest, or just the reveal at Warhammer Fest.

Nehekhara lives! Sort of!
Why is the rum always gone? 
   
Made in gb
Never Forget Isstvan!






 Geifer wrote:
Holy random boss NPC, Batman! Is this guy so big in the Horus Heresy books that they think he needs a dedicated model? And does that mean we're now also getting to look forward to a round of other greater daemons for Forge World to milk now that the Primarchs are done?

Ka'Bandha was responsible for bringing forth the Red Thirst in the Blood Angels and may also have been the initial trigger of the Black Rage. He is the Doom of the Blood Angels and his greatest goal is to either turn them to the service of Khorne or to annihilate them and place their skulls at the foot of his master's throne.
   
Made in gb
Veteran Knight Baron in a Crusader





BA are my favourite. Damn shame they're written by Swallow, I haven't read anything about them in years. Kinda bizarre they don't really have any HH books where they're the sole focus do they?
   
Made in gb
Thermo-Optical Hac Tao





Gosport, UK

JWBS wrote:
BA are my favourite. Damn shame they're written by Swallow, I haven't read anything about them in years. Kinda bizarre they don't really have any HH books where they're the sole focus do they?


Yeah, Fear To Tread, but as you say it’s Swallow and not great.
   
Made in fi
5th God of Chaos (O'rly?)





JWBS wrote:
BA are my favourite. Damn shame they're written by Swallow, I haven't read anything about them in years. Kinda bizarre they don't really have any HH books where they're the sole focus do they?


You mean like the one where this daemon appears and duels first time with sanquinus?

2022 painted/bought: 227/322 
   
Made in us
Savage Minotaur




Baltimore, Maryland

Thats a wild model, though I'm not a fan of the wings.

"Sometimes the only victory possible is to keep your opponent from winning." - The Emperor, from The Outcast Dead.
"Tell your gods we are coming for them, and that their realms will burn as ours did." -Thostos Bladestorm
 
   
Made in us
Araqiel






 Gert wrote:
 jojo_monkey_boy wrote:
Spoiler:

Even this isn't very accurate. Forge World itself used to support the game quite well, but then Alan died and the whole thing sort of collapsed in on itself. Since then, we've entered into a phase of one off praetors and random characters. This is part of the reason why the HH community is both so desperate for real attention from the company and also why they're generally jaded (I also put this down to the game being pretty big in Australia, where GW seems to do a miserable job with pricing).

With all of that being said, their incredibly slow edging of the community with yet another teaser in the form of this new, mediocre logo (who thought that was an improvement on the last one? I must assume someone at corporate given that they've shoe-horned in their big brand name into it for name appeal) would seem to indicate that the relaunch is happening this year. So that's something.

Though, personally, I'm now more skeptical about this relaunch after seeing how they manage 40k and necromunda. If it's going to be a trickle of a million books with add-on cards, consider me uninterested.

But it was still a FW game and FW is the producer of the more advanced collector's items of the Warhammer range, at least until recently. To get started in HH you had to work with resin or do a hell of a lot of conversion work making it a system aimed at established hobbyists rather than new starts. FW gave it loads of attention, yes, but the vast majority of Legion kits were already there thanks to previous IA books. The fact that the system has a massive focus on narrative over gameplay is also another factor IMO and has created a community that encourages the creative side of the hobby rather than finding super good OP combos to win all the tournaments. When I can walk into a GW store and buy a starter set for HH then I will accept that it's no longer a system for established hobbyists/collectors.


I think what I was responding to was the original poster saying it was just feature models and primarchs.

When the game was first released we had a huge slew of releases that covered everything from 5 different marks of armoured space marines, new bikes, new speeders, a whole range of a variety of tanks, at least two unique units for most legions, etc. The release schedule has really tapered off in the last few years. We've still received some new units, especially for those newer legions in the release list. But lately, it has largely been special characters and praetors.

This new daemon is a cool model, for sure. But I would argue it doesn't feel like the horus heresy release most people want. It's a huge collectors piece, but not something the vast majority of HH players will want to add to their army.
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




Germany

 Gert wrote:
 Geifer wrote:
Holy random boss NPC, Batman! Is this guy so big in the Horus Heresy books that they think he needs a dedicated model? And does that mean we're now also getting to look forward to a round of other greater daemons for Forge World to milk now that the Primarchs are done?

Ka'Bandha was responsible for bringing forth the Red Thirst in the Blood Angels and may also have been the initial trigger of the Black Rage. He is the Doom of the Blood Angels and his greatest goal is to either turn them to the service of Khorne or to annihilate them and place their skulls at the foot of his master's throne.


So, completly irrelevant to the absolute majority?

"Tabletop games are the only setting when a body is made more horrifying for NOT being chopped into smaller pieces."
- Jiado 
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: