Bit of a quiet life again.
I started assembling my undead warband for Mordheim.
My list will not have any zombies at the beginning, as they played a bit too slow for my tastes during the practice rounds. In 40k
I'm used to a bit more fast moving units.
I will not rule them out completely, as I might recruit a handful of them in the future. They are cheap after all. I also got lucky and rolled the spell that lets me to turn slain enemy characters into zombies. It won't be useful during the actual battle, but will surely offer some interesting conversion opportunities. If I'm able to slay any characters, that is...
My warband will consist of the following:
- 3 Dregs
- 3 Ghouls
- 3 Dire Wolves
I got pretty much all sorted out, except the Dregs. I'm not too keen on the original models and I find it hard to find something suitable for conversion. Or I just have not looked hard enough..
Assembled the Vampire (Isabella Von Carstein mini), Necromancer (basic AoS
Necromancer, although thinking about using the old Heinrich Kemmler mini) and three Ghouls (AoS
The picture is bad, but works just as a proof that I have actually managed do something
As the campaign will use test some new rules and scenarios that have not been published yet, there will be some interesting challenges.
One of the scenarios during the first round will take place in a tavern of sorts. We already discussed about organizing a terrain creating session, but as I love crafting terrain and props I promised to create some tables. As for the material I chose 2mm thick balsa wood. It's thicker than I usually use, but they should be sturdy enough to hold the weight of some of the metal models. No being sure what kind of tables would suit the scenery best, I decided to do a few iterations.
Using a compass(not sure it's called that?) I created the shape and cut it with scissors. After that I used a hobby knife to separate the circle into planks.
Scissors were not the best tool for the job, as they shattered the edges a bit. Lesson learned.
The bottom parts don't look that neat, as I added some hot glue and extra planks to make them even sturdier. Some of the metal minis weight a ton..
Six in total. Some are neat and some worn out. I used a set of wire brushes to enhance the texture. This time I bought a set just for modelling purpose instead of using my rusty and oily brush from the garage.
Using a black acrylic paint as a primer, Mournfang Brown as a base and Agrax Earthshade as wash they are almost complete. Just a bit of dry brushing to make the texture pop a bit.
Borrowing a tip from Syro_
I cut some actual playing cards to make some miniature versions to work as small details.
Now the tables just need some legs, but I will have to make a visit to the garage as I need some better tools for the job.