Switch Theme:

Farewell to Empire (Brothers of Law, pg 45)  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert

Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.

Made in in
[MOD]
Otiose in a Niche

Hyderabad, India

Last Space Fleet buy for a while, I promise!

I low bid and won it as a Second Chance offer, how could I say no?

Made in in
[MOD]
Otiose in a Niche

Hyderabad, India

Some inspiration for a later stupid project.

An Imperial Landing craft, something that can carry 1000~2000 point army.

When I was looking the other day I found an old Dakka thread where someone was making a table-sized ship with Pegasus kits, does anyone remember that? I can't find it again!

Also there was a Games Day display years ago with a giant chaos lander where each side was dedicated to a different chaos god? Anyone know where to find pictures of that?
[Thumb - 34962239_1963406040401036_5552647867614625792_n.jpg]

[Thumb - 35062743_1963405530401087_3617203009806663680_n.jpg]

[Thumb - 35102771_1963371983737775_3386845179074838528_n.jpg]

[Thumb - 35162180_10156542009339885_2013932348600483840_o.jpg]

[Thumb - b0c6675178a7d656d9c7f0df71d1430b.jpg]

[Thumb - morefeckinjets.jpg]

[Thumb - Stormbirdfinished1507092.jpg]

[Thumb - Stormbirdfinished15070911.jpg]

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2018/06/12 06:48:05

Made in fr
Potent Possessed Daemonvessel

France

Sweeet, I would love to see you build a landing craft !
No idea on the multi pegasus project, but I believe the chaos lander you are refering to is from the french game day 2004 diorama. Linked page is unfortunately in french, but feature many pictures.
Are you thinking of building something this scale ?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/06/12 07:53:27

My P&M Blog : Warp Wanderers, Chaos warbands in the Eye of Terror

Voting for my stuff pleases the Chaos Gods and brings you luck in battle !

Made in in
[MOD]
Otiose in a Niche

Hyderabad, India

It's a project I've had in my head for a while, ideally a landing craft that also serves as an army carrying case (yes stupid).

Unfortunately the Mantic terrain I was thinking of for this seems OOP.

And thanks for the Chaos link, exactly what I was thinking of. I was wondering if it might work better to build vertically like a building or rocket rather than horizontally like a boat or plane.

Some more inspriation
[Thumb - 41eSWglxjGL.jpg]

[Thumb - Helicarrier1-600x350.jpg]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/06/12 13:20:00

Made in fr
Potent Possessed Daemonvessel

France

It's not stupid if it works ^^. Plus, depending on the total weight of your army, you could convert an actual drone. No more carrying required !

My P&M Blog : Warp Wanderers, Chaos warbands in the Eye of Terror

Voting for my stuff pleases the Chaos Gods and brings you luck in battle !

Made in ca
Painting Within the Lines

Delta, BC, Canada

I've been binging Toy Galaxy's YouTube channel recently; when I saw the Helicarrier picture in your inspiration, the first thing that came to my mind was "Three feet? The GI Joe USS Flagg was 7'6" back in '85. Step up your game, Hasbro."

Made in in
[MOD]
Otiose in a Niche

Hyderabad, India

I think the hold my entire army idea ain't going to work but of the (easy) options I've seen Aurora Dropship, Thunderbirds 2 and the Helicarrier look like the best.

Made in in
[MOD]
Otiose in a Niche

Hyderabad, India

Some more 'vertical' inspiration. Imagine a cross between a castle and an old-fashioned vertical rocket landing and troops and tanks spilling out the sides.

[Thumb - 51U8wYf432L.jpg]

[Thumb - 61AFKBAYVxL._SL1000_.jpg]

[Thumb - 61T2dhFi2DL._SL1249_.jpg]

[Thumb - 71+JpNGU6nL._SL1500_.jpg]

[Thumb - 612THhjjwHL._SL1000_.jpg]

[Thumb - 21985302_390198441397684_1537615312923394048_n.0.jpg]

[Thumb - 4545232167_e6525204be.jpg]

[Thumb - download.jpg]

[Thumb - images.jpg]

[Thumb - titan10.jpg]

[Thumb - vanir_dropship_by_flyingdebris-d2ysemr.jpg]

[Thumb - XSL-01-Full-Main.jpg]

[Thumb - 81-XMSlzllL._SL1500_.jpg]

[Thumb - 71vaI5YN4fL._SL1500_.jpg]

[Thumb - 71S4nZ2GXOL._SL1500_.jpg]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/06/14 11:33:23

Made in in
[MOD]
Otiose in a Niche

Hyderabad, India

State of the painting table as I hit my last month or so in India.

A while back I tried scratch building some ork ships but never got inspired enough to finish them. Then I picked up some cheap Uncharted Seas minis called the Shroud Mages, some sort of steampunk evil dwarves. finally got around to them and they work perfectly!

The nice thing about Orks is when I have to detail the flat hulls the messiness and randomness actually looks right. So these are mullet ships, business up front and a party in the back.

I rather imagine orks yanking these loose from some space hulk then having to rebuild the drives and hull. Lots of fun to build and paint.

Also got around to painting some AA turrets I've had lying around for a while. Are these even legal in 8th?

Oh and info for a possible final project (or first project back in the US)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/06/17 07:04:10

Made in us
Krazed Killa Kan

USA

I really dig the ork ships you made, ork stuff is so much fun to make.

Made in in
[MOD]
Otiose in a Niche

Hyderabad, India

As for the IG lander I think I have a winner.

Well 2 winners. The easy way is to pick up an appropriate toy or model and mount a bunch of Armored Containers or tanks under it. I'm thinking the Helicarrer or maybe a Galactica model.

The second is a more elaborate scratch build along the lines of the Battletech dropship.

I have some sketches I'll put up later, maybe this will work better for Titanicus...

Made in gb
Xeno-Hating Inquisitorial Excruciator

London

You have some very cool toys/minis/ideas KK.

Of the recent pics you posted, I don't think I've ever seen that Chaos landing monstrosity ...

I think your Hellicarrier concept would be fantastic. And I'm now over at Pegasus in another tab trying to find that Mercury 9 model, which reminds me a LOT of a design that appeared on the back cover of one of the very first Starlord comics (before 2000 AD nabbed them). Probably showing my age there

Made in in
[MOD]
Otiose in a Niche

Hyderabad, India

I found Mercury 9 on the US Amazon site if that helps.

Someday I will do my backwater spaceport table, it'll be littered with familiar-looking wrecks.

Made in in
[MOD]
Otiose in a Niche

Hyderabad, India

One more bit of inspiration, We Stand on Guard, a comic about a US invasion of Canada.
[Thumb - We Stand On Guard 003-023.jpg]
We Stand on Guard airships

Made in de
Shroomin Brain Boy

Berlin Germany

oh...i know that one ....got one copy at free comic book day...very promising...but never came around to get me real copies of the books...

Made in in
[MOD]
Otiose in a Niche

Hyderabad, India

La-la-la...

what will I do tonight?

Made in fr
Potent Possessed Daemonvessel

France

That is actually a very good choice of bottle for a drop ship... The shape reminds me of old soviet mid-XXeth century spaceships...

My P&M Blog : Warp Wanderers, Chaos warbands in the Eye of Terror

Voting for my stuff pleases the Chaos Gods and brings you luck in battle !

Made in in
[MOD]
Otiose in a Niche

Hyderabad, India

Drop ship... not quite.

Though now that you mention it there was a Gatoraid bottle that would have made a perfect drop pod. Maybe an AT drop ship...

Made in fr
Potent Possessed Daemonvessel

France

I am an idiot ^^ ! With all these ships, of course it was going to be a space hulk !
Excellent start !

My P&M Blog : Warp Wanderers, Chaos warbands in the Eye of Terror

Voting for my stuff pleases the Chaos Gods and brings you luck in battle !

Made in de
Stalwart Space Marine

Did you think about the Dropships from Battletech as an inspiration?

have a look at http://www.wargamesgazette.com
my Blog about everything wargaming

Made in in
[MOD]
Otiose in a Niche

Hyderabad, India

Almost done, really just some green stuff to fill gaps and reinforce joints, and some detail on the knife/ram on the bottom.

Amazing what you can accomplish when the kids are with the grandparents!

Figure black primer

Brown base coat

Gunmetal dry brush

then graffiti and faded colors to taste and lots of brown ink.

Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka

6 foot underwater

One warp-fried space hulk to go...

cyborks & flyboyz : http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/300067.page
heretical ramblings : http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/302773.page
imperial preachings : http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/303365.page
Da Waaagh-ky Races : http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/325045.page
Briancj: You have the Mek Taint, MT, and the only thing we can do is watch in horror/amazement.

Made in in
[MOD]
Otiose in a Niche

Hyderabad, India

>Warp emergence detected.
>Unknown vessel
>Mass in excess of 230 mega tons - Possible error - Recomputing... Please wait.
>Mass in excess of 230 mega tons - Confirmed
>Athena Class Cruisers Yuanqi and Dahui moving to investigate.

>Broadcast detected, unknown dialect.
>Access to Xenos Dialect Database Granted...
>Computing... Please wait.
>Translation complete [['ere we go! 'ere we go! 'into the 'ooiniverse!]]
>Ork presence confirmed, all ships break off investigation! Crimson alert! Use of vortex torpedoes authorized!
>Emperor preserve us all

Made in in
[MOD]
Otiose in a Niche

Hyderabad, India

And the Ork fleet is more or less done. I could use some more escorts and maybe a cruiser or two but by and large it is done!

Apologies for the wobbly models, all my bases are packed away. And as of Tuesday so too will my paints and remaining models.

Farewell to India! Virginia awaits!

Automatically Appended Next Post:
Another link to save for later...

https://studiobergstrom.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=55

Thinking maybe Eldar escorts, if i hadn't packed away my unpainted Eldar fleet...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/07/15 14:26:12

Made in us
Krazed Killa Kan

USA

Very cool find with that bird winged ship. I could definitely see it being an Eldar ship. The rest doesn't look very imperial, but to me the wings look suited to a 30k imperial ship transporting important people for the Imperium or something

Made in in
[MOD]
Otiose in a Niche

Hyderabad, India

 Syro_ wrote:
Very cool find with that bird winged ship. I could definitely see it being an Eldar ship. The rest doesn't look very imperial, but to me the wings look suited to a 30k imperial ship transporting important people for the Imperium or something

They could also work as Aquila Landers or fighters for Titanicus...

Made in fr
Potent Possessed Daemonvessel

France

Holy warp, that space hulk is gorgeous, congrats. It is also appropriately hulky compared to the other ships...

My P&M Blog : Warp Wanderers, Chaos warbands in the Eye of Terror

Voting for my stuff pleases the Chaos Gods and brings you luck in battle !

Made in in
[MOD]
Otiose in a Niche

Hyderabad, India

The nice thing about the hulk was using up my toy space ships, well maybe 5% of them... green stuff was the most expensive component.

Made in in
[MOD]
Otiose in a Niche

Hyderabad, India

I don't know if I'll ever get around to making one but I settled on a design for a company-sized drop ship.

Presenting... The Argos!

The biggest influence for me was the Eagle moon lander, I like the 2 stage idea.

Basically there's a top level full of shield generators, antigrav systems, auspex, cognators, tech priests and Navy personnel. That's valuable and important. Then there's a lower level that's a hex-shaped box full of troops and tanks, less valuable and important. The whole thing drops, rolls over in mid air and lands. The bottom opens and troops spill out, while the top lifts off to get back into orbit. I figured that was a nice Grimdark touch, the important folks get to leave while the guard is abandoned.

Presumably there's a way to retrieve them if they win...

Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut

SoCal, USA!

The Argos? Who will Captain it?